Speaker 1: Laura, come on, Oh, we need to get Britney removed from that show.
Speaker 2: Intro Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: Hello, rip Brittany. Well, hopefully not, hopefully she stays alive.
Speaker 2: She's not on the show.
Speaker 1: Given the circumstances that Brittany Hockley's in the Arma slip jungle and bungee jump last night, I hope she doesn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you didn't see it last night, our very own Brittany. It was the very first episode of Arma Celebrity Get Me out of Here, and she had to walk out on a plank and it was like a trap door and then she was just flung out into the African gorge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but boyshield cute, didn't she Yeah, Well, I don't know. I'm worried for her.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 3: Also, wait, britt and I sorry, BRIT's gone. Mitch and I that's you, right, that's me.
Speaker 2: I'm Mitch. I think I'm Mitch.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mitch and I have access to Britt's phone now. She gave us unfettered access to her Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let me tell you, we've.
Speaker 3: Discovered a few things that friends shouldn't discover about each other.
Speaker 1: Well, next on the show, we're going to recap Britt on I'm a Celeb her first episode last night, but also what we uncovered in Brittany Hockley's DMS A couple of red wines deep last night at about eleven o'clock because Laura and I had a watch party and we went deep.
Speaker 4: It came with so much trust, but she should know us better than that by now.
Speaker 2: Oh totally.
Speaker 1: I messaged a boyfriend Ben and said, Hi, Honey, send me a nude picture. It's me You're loving girlfriend Britt.
Speaker 2: He didn't fall for it.
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, but I mean over time will tell.
Speaker 3: But we also have a thousand dollars to give away on today's show for all thanks to Target.
Speaker 1: That's going to be before four o'clock, a thousand bucks cash. But we should say for the next couple of weeks. We really don't know how long Britt will be in the jungle. Hopefully she wins it, but we don't know, Laura. It's just going to be you and me, baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, So minimum two weeks, maximum could be five weeks, and we're hoping it's going to be for the maximum, but it'll only be that if you guys vote for her and keep her away.
Speaker 2: For as long as possible. Well, Laura, we're gonna have so much fun.
Speaker 4: Baby, you're me honey, hain't nothing. But ma'am, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's a ten year age gap.
Speaker 4: My mum's listening.
Speaker 1: I can't use we can't use those song references. That thousand bucks at Target by the way coming up. I'd say it's like in the next thirty five minutes a Target. It's ready set east out with everything you're looking for these holidays. Shop instore, online or via the Target app. Get cashed up very soon around Australia. Welcome to the pickup with Laura Burn and Mitch Cherry. We're rebranding Seabret Sebret Bye. Now it is just Laura Burn and myself here the next couple of weeks for the foreseeable future. Because I beloved Britney Hockley.
Speaker 2: He was in the jungle.
Speaker 3: We don't know how long she's going to be gone for, but we're hoping it's as long as possible, because we are absolutely hatching our bets.
Speaker 4: That she's going to win.
Speaker 2: But I hope she wins.
Speaker 3: I mean, and last night it was the very first episode, and so we wanted to make it special.
Speaker 4: Mitch, you come over to my house.
Speaker 3: My friend Kesha was there as well, and we all sat on the couch and cracked open a bottle of wine and sat. I felt like a nervous parrot sitting there waiting for Britt.
Speaker 2: To come on the street. Laura in my stomach, so you stunk, Laura.
Speaker 1: At one point, when does anyone have any Deodora and I went, firstly, we're in your house.
Speaker 4: I was really hormonal.
Speaker 3: No, you know when you're like so nervous for someone that you just can't stop sweating and then like smell myself.
Speaker 4: I wasn't going to get in the shower.
Speaker 3: And miss her coming on screen because I was having a hormonal, sweety, scared sweat.
Speaker 1: The best part is we almost did because we got a bit tipsy with the red wine.
Speaker 2: That's your fault and how that is my fault. How it works is when.
Speaker 4: We rocked over with espresso martini, so you were ready.
Speaker 1: I was expecting Brit to be embarrass herself, so I thought I needed to be a couple of martinis in. We have access to BRIT's social media, so because she can't use her phone, channel ten, give friends or close contacts access so they can post on their behalf while they're in the jungle.
Speaker 3: Which Brick could have chosen anybody to have this access. So this is like all of her passwords to her Instagram and all of her social media accounts. She could have chosen anyone like her sister who's very trustworthy, her mom, her dad, but she chose us snitch.
Speaker 1: Because she came in in the second half. If you missed it last night, we'll play the audio of her arrival. But she came in the second group of nine, and so there was about an hour before she came on. So Laura and I had a couple red wines and we went, let's go through Britney's instadms and we did.
Speaker 3: No you did, Mitch, and then you started messaging her boyfriend asking for nuds, which thank god, he realized that it was not Britt because he was also watching the show.
Speaker 2: He said, what's the code word? I'm like a Bundai beach. I don't know. It was fake tan squet.
Speaker 4: Whatever their little cute pet name is that they call each other.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we went through a d and we were watching the show.
Speaker 1: It was really good, Like review of the show, we both kind of have the same consensus that it's a good cast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But also, I mean it's in such competition, right because I'm a celebrities on it at the same time as Maths. It is a stiff competition this time of night, and also Idle Finals are on, there's so much to watch. But genuinely, and I'm a Maths fan, you guys know this. It is the first time that I've sat through a full episode of I'm a Celebrity, and I was like, this is very entertaining. I am here for this and now I'm a mass convert and I am giving Britt my one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Also, she's with me over there.
Speaker 1: Which she did, and we were kind of laughing at her as like we're her best friends in the world.
Speaker 4: So we can laugh at her. You guys, I mean you can laugh at her as well.
Speaker 2: This is just prefacing we can laugh at her where aloud.
Speaker 1: This is the moment Britt enters the jungle on a cliff side in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Have a listen to this.
Speaker 6: I think when people look at me, they think I don't belong in a jungle setting. They think that I won't last a minute without mayum, But truth be told, I've spent my whole life camping. I was the biggest tom where you've ever met, and I've never been more ready to get in there.
Speaker 4: I feel like I know what I'm going into. But also, do you ever actually know? You don't know till you know, you know? But do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: But I know.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I think everyone doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think she knows.
Speaker 4: No one knows.
Speaker 2: No one even giraffe in Africa don't even know.
Speaker 4: Okay, but this, okay, so you guys might not know this.
Speaker 3: BRIT's number one her deepest fear is heights, and she is a very brave person, is super competitive, she's very very sporty. But when it comes to heights, it is the absolute unraveling of her. And for some reason, no matter the fact that she is like so skilled in reality TV, she told them the truth, like she told the producers that heights are her number one fear. And then of course on the very first episode, she had to walk out on this little plank and then stand on like this glass door it was clear, yeah, and then looked down into the African gorge and then the glass trap door opened, and it makes me feel sick thinking about how scared she must have been.
Speaker 4: It was so she was so scared.
Speaker 2: Totally, and knowing Britt, we know when that quiver in.
Speaker 4: Her voice was her proper crying, have a listen to these.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brittany, you're on your own now, this is all you up there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, god, she did so well.
Speaker 5: Five? Five?
Speaker 3: And wait when they ended it, Okay, they ended up back at campsite and off fate. Okay, so they ended up back at campsite. And then the people who so like the other contestants, they needed to try and figure out the number that Britt was calling out because part of the challenge, Yeah, each person who fell off that cliff face had to call out a number and Britt they missed it, but Britt said five, and they all missed what she said, and then they litter as though she didn't do it.
Speaker 2: That influenced the one from Big Brother with the big lips and I.
Speaker 4: Don't call Sky Wheatley that, Oh I mean, can we can we?
Speaker 2: Okay? I can? You don't, but I will. She annoyed me a bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, and she was rude to brit I mean one episode down. I'm so excited to see how this season pans out.
Speaker 4: And honestly, like.
Speaker 3: Our Britty, this is the call to action everyone. If you are not even if you're not watching it, who cares voting? Call up and vote, Call up and vote because all the money goes to charity. And also every time you vote, it's more money towards the charity pot as well. So and also we just want Britt to be Queen of the Jungle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also you can. Britt will be on the show tomorrow, just so you know, I don't think I don't think.
Speaker 4: She's not back.
Speaker 1: She's not back, but we're going to be hearing from Britt in some way, shape or form. We've got a microphone tour in the jungle.
Speaker 4: Hopefully she's going to be doing exclusive interviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was away. Yeah, we're going to be talking to some other celebs through Britt tomorrow. Exciting.
Speaker 1: Speaking of charity, how would a thousand bucks cash be for your Monday afternoon?
Speaker 4: I mean, does I have to go to a charity? Is it going to myself?
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't go to you go to our listeners listening. Now, that's a form of charity. Yeah, thanks to Target.
Speaker 1: One thousand bucks thirteen one oh six five that is up for grabs thanks to Target. Next on the pickup, Laura, shall we put our little bunnyies on?
Speaker 4: I'm actually so excited about this.
Speaker 3: So okay, we have a thousand dollars to give away, all thanks to Target. Because it is Easter just around the corner. Yeah, and now it's you know, it's.
Speaker 8: A time of year to be celebrating with a bit of chocky bit a family time, and a thousand dollars cash wouldn't be too far straight.
Speaker 2: Easter bunny or Easter money. We love a dumb game.
Speaker 8: Bunny or Eastern money. Okay, And I have two chocolates here in front of me.
Speaker 3: I have two. There are two rabbits. One of them has been tampered with, but you can't tell which one.
Speaker 2: Makes it sound like it's got contraband inside it.
Speaker 4: It's been contaminated.
Speaker 2: Hard cash filled with money.
Speaker 4: It's been filled with money.
Speaker 3: And so we're going to have two callers, and we are going to give you the opportunity of choosing the bunny. We both get to eat through it and figure out which one has the cash.
Speaker 1: Great not just cash, cash like we're talking a thousand dollars cash inside.
Speaker 2: This has been inserted through the bottom of the bunny.
Speaker 4: If poor bunnies have been tampered with, they have.
Speaker 2: Anyone can play.
Speaker 1: Go to the pickup dot com dot are you get in touched via the pick up Socials. Let's go to our first caller that Laura, you and I will be playing for these callers. Welcome Jazz to the pickup Hi Jazz, Hi Jazz.
Speaker 8: Hello, everybody, how are you all?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: We've got tiff Hi Tiff Hi. You guys, Laura and I going to play on your behalf. So I gets Should we let them pick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to pick who you want to play with, but we wanted to make this a competition of itself. Okay, I'm gonna stay with Jazz Jazz. Who do you choose? And who do you want to represent?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: Mitch? Please?
Speaker 4: I'm offended?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Why don't you want me? Laura thought that was going to go the other way?
Speaker 4: Who are you going to choose? Because if you were going to choose Mitch as well, I'm going out. No, I pick you girl power all Okay?
Speaker 3: How this is going to work? One of these has been tampered with one of these. There has been money inserted into the backside of this rabbit and Mitch, I know you're a sugar limit at the moment, but you're going to have to that.
Speaker 1: Aside counts down from three girls free. Oh, hold on, I've got something inside Jeff inside George.
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 4: How did I have to eat of this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: I'm breaking in harbor. I actually can't do this much chocolate problem, Tiff. Hold on, Tiff, you get.
Speaker 1: Jose you chose to right easter, but you.
Speaker 5: Man cow.
Speaker 2: Don't get me canceled doesn't he has nothing to do with the man. I'm very gay. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: What are you going to spend the money on?
Speaker 4: Congrats beautiful?
Speaker 2: One thousand bucks? So it's all of chocoy, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: You got some kiddies in your house so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my households gone through a bit.
Speaker 5: I lost my brother a few years ago, and it's really good to hear this.
Speaker 4: Oh Jazz, I'm so sorry. Well, we hope that you're able to have a beautiful Easter and tee if.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry I couldn't come through with the goods.
Speaker 1: Oh We're glad we'll get that cash out to here today. It's all thanks to Target and guess what, it's the week of Easter laws. We're doing it tomorrow every day this week. Next on the show, He's a good Chocolate.
Speaker 2: We're talking that. Kate Middleton, Saga and zempic babies.
Speaker 4: They're a thing that babies are not on ozmps.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got some scary stats that will shock here Australia spreading talking about it.
Speaker 2: After this, it's on the Pickup speaking of chemists warehouse.
Speaker 1: Actually, if you tell us what your little win of the week is this week, we'll reward you by the end of the week with five hundred.
Speaker 4: Bucks away money.
Speaker 2: We really do well like Oprah winfree just cash.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars. Well, it's not us house, thanks to them. Listen, if you have a little win, hit us up on the pickupsocials. We'll go to the pickup dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: If you can't, Yes, we're do we pick up put down. We do it every Monday.
Speaker 1: It's our chance to either pick up a conversation that was happening on the weekend and keep going or put it down and.
Speaker 2: Just kill it.
Speaker 3: Usually there's more of a debate that happens though, because it's Britt and I verse each other. One of us might pick it up, one of us might put it down. Now it's just me, so my opinion rules. It's kind of oh you get to have an opinion.
Speaker 2: Now, i'd want to know what a management say. This way, my lad Can I up? Can I stay on my own show?
Speaker 4: Now I'll be speaking to Okay, Well, I can't wait to go ahead to.
Speaker 2: Head with you? Then, okay, but we don't have to fight, mate, we can also just like get along.
Speaker 4: You don't want to wrestle.
Speaker 2: Britt leaves and we're so horned for each other. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Happened, true, Please don't say that, all right?
Speaker 2: Pick up? Put down the Kate Middleton saga. Yeah, I'll end it. I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Well, I okay, I think that it's it's just gone around in too many circles. Now, obviously you guys would have seen on the weekend Kate Middleton has come out and she she made a very very I mean it was it was really sad. It was a public announcement that she spoke about how she has cancer or had cancer, and it was removed through surgery and she's going through preventative chemotherapy.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of the media agencies out there were very much kind of falling on their swords because so many of us were making jokes the week prior, with all the conspiracy theories and all the tin fall hat stuff that was going on.
Speaker 2: Everyone jump was like, what.
Speaker 4: Happened to her? Where's she gone?
Speaker 8: She's been abducted by aliens or William's having an affair.
Speaker 3: But really, she just had this horrible health announcement to make, and I think it is incredibly sad. But I think the royal family and the PR team that's supposed to support them handled it so badly, and I think it just could have been done in a very different way.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Also, no one is laughing at the announcement. Of course, no one is laughing that she was diagnosed with cancer. That's eighty terrific. She's got kids, she's a public figure. Everyone loves Kate. It's you know, when a joke is made and then the punchline is a little sour and you feel bad for laughing at the start. It's that situation. We really didn't know so we shouldn't have taken it as far as we did, but you're right, the Palace hit it so poorly. It was a laugh for comedy of errors.
Speaker 3: It was the absurdity around the whole photo shoot, the whole photo AI you know, family photo on Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: It was just silly.
Speaker 3: But I mean genuinely putting it down because I think overall everybody who saw that announce it feels so sorry for her children and what they're going to.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, in a real hot change of pace, all right, like spring them back up?
Speaker 2: Pick up or put down a zempig? Babies?
Speaker 5: What what.
Speaker 2: Pickup?
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is?
Speaker 2: What baby got?
Speaker 4: These babies now are trying to be skinny.
Speaker 2: There's no cue to baby and maybe with a one inch waist?
Speaker 4: What do we talk?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a trend on TikTok of women who are falling pregnant.
Speaker 2: No, well, they're on a zempic. But the theory is that a zempic cancels out the birth control.
Speaker 3: You know that that's how I got pregnant, not because no, no, I was on birth control and I was taking a supplement that I didn't know what canceled out my birth control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for Malie Made to find this out one day in the future. It was completely an accident.
Speaker 1: A lot of baby remember those kids in the eighties. The babies are from out of high whatever was going on. This is lot the babies of his MPG.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was losing all my hair and I was on this thing called saw Palmetto, which is yeah, if you're taking that, well, yeah, but it's a vitamin, natural vitamin.
Speaker 4: But it completely cancels out birth control. And then had a baby. So welcome to the ozembic baby.
Speaker 1: There's a whole bunch of women that say, yeah, I'm on birth control, I'm also on his Zepiic and now I'm pregnant and my baby is gorgeous.
Speaker 4: I'll pick them up whatever.
Speaker 1: Totally, I'm kind of like the whole is empic craze, Like I'm over it. Now Oprah's on and everyone's transparent, like move forward.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like people are still it's still shrouded in a bit of secrecy.
Speaker 4: There's that head butting heads all right, moving next, Oh.
Speaker 1: This is juicy pick up, put down the intimacy band at the Olympics being dropped. You pick it up, I think, pick it up if you missed it. There's normally intimacy bands at the Olympics which stops Olympians from engaging because they're all athletes, they're beautiful people from around the world. They will come together every four years and they go at it like rabbits. And there's intimacy band saying you're not allowed to sleep with people of different countries. That has been dropped, and the Olympics Association have issued three hundred thousand condoms to be handed out of the parasolymp.
Speaker 4: Three hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Imagine how hot that village would be though, Like just the hottest, fittest, most athletic people going at it.
Speaker 4: Like why would you bear that well?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if I can't have a similar experience.
Speaker 1: I went to theater school, and theater school everyone's sort of going at it like they're all getting with each other.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine that it's got quite the athletic prowess.
Speaker 2: See, you want the Olympics, my heart.
Speaker 1: You're acting as a muscle that you need to train and work on and stretch there's nothing.
Speaker 3: No, you're doing your operatic singing and then trying to get down to funky town afterwards.
Speaker 2: My vocal cords are a mastered. No one wants to thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's get an Olympian on. We'll guarantee, we have friends. We'll get an Olympion on the show.
Speaker 3: We can't tell you which one, but we'll try and get someone.
Speaker 2: Tim Freeman joins the pick up. Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: She in two thousand, She had a big windy, had a big night, guaranteed.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone listening tomorrow, goodbye, see your guy tonight. Vote for bre O.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go watch. I'm a celeb. Yeah, voe for our girl. It's just us, pretty kitty movie back tell you