Speaker 1: Come on, hello everybody.
Speaker 2: If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were flirting with me.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: What just then the eyes, the look you were giving me.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not your type, but look, sometimes you give mixed signals.
Speaker 1: I have dab. I've dipped my toes in both pools. I've had it.
Speaker 3: Never dipped a toe in this pool ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the rumor mill is swirling that Mitch Churies getting with a pickup co host.
Speaker 3: Let's not start it like this, can't.
Speaker 2: This is not going to be the platform from which they springboard those rumors.
Speaker 1: I would to date either you or Britney. BRIT's obviously not here, she's in the army slip jungle, and it'd have to be you because she's not here.
Speaker 2: That's not even flattering, that's not flattering. And you say these things, but you've gotten yourself into a lot of trouble before because when you try and pit two co hosts against each other, you just make brit jealous.
Speaker 3: She thought he had to defend herself.
Speaker 1: Day Okay, we were at drinks celebrating the show's genormous success and and I don't know, and the girls, you two are like, oh, who would you get? Like if you could hear? Yes, it was one of those like between a rock and a hard place. And I said you, Laura, I said that I'd be with you, and Britt will to this day does not let me live it down.
Speaker 3: She stormed out. She was really angry.
Speaker 1: I'm like, guys, I'm a gay man with a male partner. It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But if I was as hot as Britt and you picked not Britt, I'd be mad if I was Brit like she's like, I would.
Speaker 3: Brig is the obvious choice in that equation, just.
Speaker 1: Because you're so busy would never actually have to do it?
Speaker 3: Are you sure it's because I'm not more masculine? Which is now? Hold on, how do I feel about this?
Speaker 1: If you could just keep that mustache that you've got grown, it's I'm actually really into it. I'm joking. I'm joking. So yeah, it's just you and me, Laura. Britt is in the jungle. You can vote for us, still, go vote because we love our beautiful break.
Speaker 2: We do, and you can put in ten votes a day to keep her in the African jungle for as long as possible. We want her to come home a queen of Africa. Yeah, if I'm a celebrity, get me out of here and look coming up. I did something yesterday which I yelled at my husband, but it turns out it kind of backfired.
Speaker 1: Oh, she've had some time to I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You all about my marital bliss that I'm going through right now.
Speaker 2: Yet Laura really treats this show as therapy. It saves me some money though, Sure it does. Yeah, sure it does. Come up next, All right, that's on the way.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Plus, in the next fifteen minutes, we have your chance to fly to Europe for a euro summer. We'll pay for business class flights, will pay for accommodation. You'll dine in some of the best restaurants the world has to offer. That have mind you been selected by the Master Chef judges.
Speaker 2: You also don't forget the most important part. You'll get to go and see Coldplay and Ed Sharant live. So exciting your chance. In the next fifteen minutes, let's go, let's start the pick up.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, everyone, Britt, Laura and Mitchiere for your Tuesday. BRIT's not here though she's in the African jungle.
Speaker 4: She's in.
Speaker 1: I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here. She could be back tomorrow, could be back next week. She might win there in their final days. So don't forget to vote and watch her tonight on Channel ten.
Speaker 2: Which something happened to me that I'm not very proud of, not particularly proud of what I did. So yesterday I was having a very challenging day with the kids. I went and picked them up from daycare. Both of them were in a mood. And sometimes you just have those afternoons where like nothing is really going quite right. And maybe it was also because like work had been stressful, but I was like, I was up to here with my patients.
Speaker 3: It didn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: And so I got home and I just parted the car and Lola, my three year old, she was absolutely losing it in the car seat, and I had all their bags, and at that time, so Matt had asked my husband, he'd asked if he could go to the gym, which I was already a little bit pissy about because I was like, oh, it's a really annoying time, but obviously I don't want to say no anyway, Does he have to ask the permission to do anything. No, he doesn't have to ask for permission to do anything.
Speaker 1: Does he raise his hand in the kitchen and do you go, yes, Matthew, can I go to the bathroom please? Wife?
Speaker 3: No, he just knows that.
Speaker 2: Like, right at that pickup time, when the kids are getting home from daycare.
Speaker 3: It's usually it's a pretty busy time of day.
Speaker 1: Right, how do they call it witching now?
Speaker 2: No, that's when they're like by it's like seven pm at night when they won't go to sleep. Now, my kids are too old for witching out, But it's just it's a stressful time of day. So if you're going to go to the gym, maybe go before that, right, nice anyway, So he asked, and I was like, yea, yea yeah, fine, fine, fine, go go go.
Speaker 1: Permission exactly I.
Speaker 2: Gave and gave my husband permission anyway, I'd part the car and the driveway, I'd put the garage down. So I'm in the closed garage at the time, and my kids are absolutely losing it, and I hear matt coming up the like come out the side gate because he obviously just parked the car in the driveway behind me.
Speaker 1: You're not even inside the house yet I'm not aside.
Speaker 2: The house and I he just walked straight past the door, the garage door, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, Matt, can you come and help me?
Speaker 2: And then he didn't respond, and then I yelled at him again and he didn't respond, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Like I've got one kid screaming, this is happening anyway, this.
Speaker 1: One going yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, the least you could do is come and give me a hand, I think, is what I was saying loudly at him, with some colorful language.
Speaker 1: Out of my yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean, the guy's just been down to Bondi Icebergs, He's just done a nice little gym and sauna and he's sauntering in and I was mad, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm I'm on team Laura. Yeah, I'm with.
Speaker 2: Her, thank you, And so I said, are you kidding me? Can you get your ass in here? And then I flung the garage door open, and there was the air conditioning man who was coming to repair the air conditioner and I'd been yelling at him through the garage door for the last thirty seconds, and.
Speaker 3: He was like, I'm sorry, Love, do you need a hand.
Speaker 1: I need that it wasn't mad.
Speaker 3: It wasn't mad. No, I feel so humiliated.
Speaker 2: I also had a real moment where I was like, I'm really glad it wasn't mad, because that's an argument that would have it would have transpired and we didn't need it.
Speaker 3: But sometimes you're just not in your best behavior.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 3: Did did you?
Speaker 1: Did you tip him?
Speaker 2: I was just like, could you imagine? I feel Hopefully doesn't listen to the pickup. Hopefully he doesn't know who I am.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does. He'd be telling that story at the pub for years. To cut Laura's a psychopare from The Bachelor. H She yelled at me.
Speaker 3: She's no, you would have loved it.
Speaker 2: No, he would have thought I sounded like an like he have said. I'm so sorry for that poor bloke who is married to this woman.
Speaker 3: She's insane.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Did he come in and help with the kids, did he like whip one on his hip and you know, make a bully knaze?
Speaker 3: I wish or to paid more for that service.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Nothing, No, bet it's normal.
Speaker 2: Laura, Mum's in cars can relate right now, I don't think they can and the dad's in cars on the other hand, think I'm insane and that I should be having a divorce.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, we're going to hear from Britz, so we have an exclusive jungle chat. BRI's been doing this while she's been in the jungle for the last couple of weeks. They're like fly on the wall conversations not heard on the TV.
Speaker 2: It's exclusive stuff that hasn't been shown on the TV show. And it's also such a nice way for us to, you know, hear a little bit from our britty do we.
Speaker 1: Miss Yeah, So we got that on the air. Next on the pickup Britch, she's off in the African jungle doing I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here. I love how the way we talk about it, Laura is like anyone could, like my Auntie or on could just go to the jungle.
Speaker 2: You say she's off in the jungle, and sometimes it sounds like she's gone on a Kentiqui tour and not that she's actually away on I'm a Celebrity.
Speaker 3: But she has been doing so well. She's done quite a few challenges so far.
Speaker 2: She's made friends with all the teammates, the campmates, and one of the awesome things about her being in there and not here with us unimitch, is that we've been getting some flying on the war content of conversations that are happening in the campsite that we're able to play here on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is our exclusive, never before aired chat of Britt talking to AFL legend Peter Dakos.
Speaker 5: Did you ever feel a sense of I imagine a lot of athletes, and I know some that have felt her, But did you feel like you've You've had these accolades, and you've been on a high and all you've ever known he's been a professional athlete, and you live off the applause and the appreciation and the fan base, and then you finish.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like.
Speaker 5: A real low about them? You don't get your validation anymore from such an external source.
Speaker 3: Are you as important anymore?
Speaker 4: Bubble? I answered that like this my love of football. The one thing I've missed is the adrenaline rush we gave. You never been able to fill that void. But I'd had a lot of injuries through my career, and it was probably like, yeah, I could have if they had A treated me better with my injuries and all that. I probably could have got another year or two, or if we were professional, then I got no doubt I could have got myself up one hundred percent and I could have played played on it because I was a different type of player. I didn't rely on hard running. I was more by a bit of time space and then I could get it on. One thing I could do was usable. I don't take myself too seriously because I think that that also can have a bad impact. You know that, because I think you stop learning, And that's what I've always said to my boys. Once you take you take yourself too seriously and get ahead of where you are, stop learning. You know, I knew how good I was, and no one could do what I could do. And I'm not being I think I'm proud of being an original. I'm not like your proto standard thing. I was with the way I played, the way I moved, the way I bore time, and all that sort of stuff. So having said that, I played with a fantastic brand Collingwood, and I couldn't be and I still pinched myself today how lucky I've been to have had that opportunity to play with them, especially Collingwood. Forget about who runs the club. It's Collingwood talking about the entity and the supporters are gold. I haven't done anything extraordinary other than played football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was Brit in the jungle talking to Peter Dekos. If you want to keep Britt in the jungle for a couple of days. And now the finales this weekend.
Speaker 3: I mean every day they're sending home one or two celebrities.
Speaker 2: So it's I mean, it felt like such a slow run up at the start, and now it feels like it's all coming to an end very quick.
Speaker 1: I know, right they're doing it. This is a celebrin Nite.
Speaker 2: And a Selenite, but also every day the votes that you put in a crew. So if you every day, you can vote ten times. So if you want to vote for Brit ten times a day, and then each of those votes they kind of, you know, they all add up at the end, but that's what they're going to use to kind of dictate who is the winner.
Speaker 1: Is that how they're doing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know we've gotten this far and you still don't know have you been voting every day?
Speaker 1: I have also I don't know what happened, but I kept tapping her head. Then I accidentally gave Callum Hood. A couple of extra votes went to him.
Speaker 2: Callum doesn't need extra votes. He's doing really well. We need to if anyone, who would you.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, I'm going to ask the exact same question if Britt doesn't win. We want her to win, of course, she's our co host and our friend. But who do you think is her toughest competition in the show?
Speaker 2: Okay, Britt is the only one I want to win, but I think that her toughest competition is going to be Sky Wheatly. And the reason for that is because Sky is clearly terrified of everything, but she has been giving it a real hot crack, like she's really been getting in and getting involved.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think Callum too has got that violent and I love him. I think my mom glorious. I said, I know, my mum, who I think is a great lit test for the Australian public went, you know what? He is brilliant. I want him to win, and that Michelle Jury. But Michelle Jury's speaks to the country. I just feel like he's going to be Britt's biggest competitions.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, I mean, Michelle Cherry needs to get back over onto team Britt or we're gonna have a few words.
Speaker 1: Got mum's iPad font that's too big? She can watch one pixel lot of time. Go vote for Britt on tenplate.
Speaker 2: Please go vote for her ten votes a day to keep the eliminations at Bay correct. All right, well, coming up next, now, Mitch, you have become obsessed with something recently obsessed? What yet, something that's taken over your life. It's taken over all the deliveries that get sent here, to the to the studio, and I think there's a little bit of an intervention that needs to take place.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're jealous.
Speaker 3: I'm not jealous. I think you've got a problem.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to hear this turns out you're gonna flip it on your head. Maybe you trying to run away from it. Oh funny, it's what you did that. You'll laugh at that joke in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mitch, I wanted to talk to you about something that I think has gone past the point of being a healthy new habit, and it has it's going really into the territory of being a bit of a hmm how to put It's like a weird addiction.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can I just say When I was fat, no one said anything, And now that i'm I'm kind of half fat, everyone says you're too half fat.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not fat firstly, and you're not even allowed to say that anymore because usually when we're not on Mike, you talk about how skinny and hot you are.
Speaker 3: So don't try and be a different person.
Speaker 1: When the said Australia, Laura always says Matt. She calls me Matt, her beautiful, six pack ridden husband. So similar from the side angle, I look like Australian heartthrob Matti j and I just take that and run. But I'm still a big boy, for God's sake. What's your problem?
Speaker 2: Oh you take that and run, do you? That's the thing I wanted to talk to you about. Okay, So Mitch has become really into his running.
Speaker 3: First it was hot Girl walks. Yeah, God, for what it is.
Speaker 2: First it was hot girl walks, and hot girl walks was cool. It was like, you know, it was trending. We had the shirts, the hot Girl Walks shirts, it was a thing. Now Mitch has taken it up notch and he's into his running. Except the thing is and now this is no. I'm not putting down the fact that you're running, because running is very good. It's great for your health, thank you. Mitch is running ten kilometers max, okay, which is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Is that's no, that's nothing to scoff at. But not a marathon.
Speaker 2: But you are behaving as though you are Ned Brockman and running a marathon a day. You honestly okay, So Mitch is now getting the lid Brooklyn ned brockn' iss that an amazing guy who run from like Perth to Sydney and he did one hundred kilometers a day.
Speaker 3: He's incredible.
Speaker 2: So even Ned Brockman managed to run his entire thing without wearing a running vest. But no, Mitch, you've now gotten a running vest, a water vest delivered to work. I've also seen your fluo safety running outfit that you now have. Not to mention that Mitch's runs they usually range from about eight kilometers to ten kilometers.
Speaker 3: The first two kilometers is a bit of a walk and then he now takes jails.
Speaker 1: It's a warm up us runners called warm Up.
Speaker 3: He takes gels with him every time he leaves.
Speaker 1: You are studio told you are you are so awful to me?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I could have taken up an awful hobby and instead I'm running looking after my health. I get gels, yes, because they help us runners.
Speaker 2: It's the hyper fixation on all the accessories to do running. That's what it is when you take up a new hobby. You don't just take up the hobby because you could. You could walk outside the office in a pair of joggers and run. It's all the other stuff that you think you require to do a very basic activity.
Speaker 1: Dare you you know? It's all about the fashion. I'm into my fashion, I'm into my accessories and I'm on runtops. So about what.
Speaker 2: Those socks are supposed to be. You're wearing them because they're fashionable.
Speaker 1: How dare you? Lily Lemon are gonna be upset with you? It's very fashionable? And they sponsored the podcast. Please keep doing say and Hawkers don't sponsor me, but hey, Hawker, listen, I love the BONDI nines. I don't even know if that's right now. I'm I just run so listen, I lost forty five kilos. I was hot girl walking and now I have to run to kind of like because I take it up a note, take it up a note. So it just it's I'm enjoying doing it. It gives me clarity and it actually makes me feel nice. And so what I do it in a five hundred dollars running fest? And so what I've got the state of the art shoes that I don't need, and so what that I like birthday cake, running gels?
Speaker 2: How many pairs of running joggers have you now purchased because of this fixation, not because you like running and it's good for your health, which I all four. Don't try to make me feel bad about this. I know how many unnecessary things have you purchased?
Speaker 1: About five pairs of running show?
Speaker 3: How much money have you invested in the running?
Speaker 1: Do you want the real answer?
Speaker 3: No, I'd love you to lie to the nation.
Speaker 1: Okay, like fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I think it's more. I honestly think it's more.
Speaker 1: The running vest was two hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the daily jails, you're right, they're about six dollars a pop. It could be close to two grand to go for a run, yeah, but look good while doing it. I don't get hit by a car. People could get there's Mitch from the pickup. You don't want them to be like, oh, look at Mitch from the pickup. You want them to go there's Mitch from the look at his pace.
Speaker 2: What I want to know is what are you running away from.
Speaker 1: This friendship, this show? To be honest, I'm trying to keep up. Listen add me on Strava. You won't get that. It's running language.
Speaker 3: So what's the other one?
Speaker 4: Tick?
Speaker 3: Run top run is what it is.
Speaker 1: No, I'm on run talk, so I'm watching all the content and everyone listening is on run talk as well. People are running. It's a cultural movement.
Speaker 2: I know my husband runs too. He's really into it. It's cute you to come to you look at those abs. I can't run to save my life, So for me, it's still a really abstract thing.
Speaker 1: And aren't you nice that I didn't turn it on your head because you go, Mitch only runs ten k.
Speaker 3: I can't run.
Speaker 2: I say this also from a place a place of judgment, but also a place of not understand a lack of understanding as to how someone walks out of the house and runs, and then when their body says it's tired, they don't just stop.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I just sorry. I bought Oakley running glasses. I forgot there were six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: So really we're up to three thousand now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's go home. Hey, listen, runners, ab me on Strava. We'll run together. We can go on a little we join a run club or something.
Speaker 3: Be cute. Cute guy, hope you started a run club.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm too nervous because how does it work. The person at the front and the person the back. You have to talk.
Speaker 3: I think you're saying in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run at all. I'm not there yet. I'm not going to just run and puff. I agree. All right, let's go. We'll be back tomorrow for your Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Also, please, if you haven't put in your votes yet for Brick, get on ten play cast your votes.
Speaker 3: Our Brick girl.
Speaker 2: She is in I'm Celebrity Jungle and she's doing so well and we need to make her Queen of the Jungle.
Speaker 1: We'll see tomorrow from three.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, see you guys.