Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. It is a lie. I don't think it's a very big lie. There are grades of lie, and I do believe in white lies. Do we agree with white lives? Were?
Speaker 2: There are lies in life that need just so everybody gets by Yeah better, Yeah, varying degrees of lies.
Speaker 1: It. I see them as a just sometimes it's gritty getting through life. They are a lubricant, a salve to ease your way through a bit sometimes where there's a bit too much resistance. So over the last couple of weeks, I've been One of my dishes that I've made for my family is a very nice chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce. And yesterday my eldest daughter to my wife. They've been away for five days, so they were all going to be together yesterday for a Sunday night dinner and I said, do you know what I'm going to cook? I said, what do you want me to do? And my youngest daughter had been with me for the last couple of days, she said, Dad, can you do that creamy mushroom sauce chicken thing? You do? You know? Does it not take you too long. Now, I should have told the truth. I've been keep you message in the truth, make the sauce from scratch, because they kept saying how good it was. I didn't have it in my heart to tell the truth, which was like I get it in the supermarket from what he's out of a jar. I don't make it from scratch. I may have said that I did make it from scratch once at the beginning, and you're with a lie takes and we go this is so good, like this is so good, dad, how do you do it? And I go, ah, chef, never let me come on all this. I don't think if they know it's out of a jar, I've lost standing here.
Speaker 2: See. I think this is a lie that benefits everybody. It benefits you because.
Speaker 1: You're going.
Speaker 2: And they think they're eating some wholesome, hand cooked organic meal.
Speaker 1: Yes until yesterday evening, right, my wife dropped something in the accidentally into the recycling in the in the kitchen. So she started rummaging around and then found not one but two jars or chicken to mushroom sauce. And she goes, oh, you liar, Hey, hey, hey, hey, it's a team spot, team spot, and I'm like, what you know what You're like? God, Betty see me holding up there, and I know what they are? Oh no, kaisassos And the kids go, what is it? You go?
Speaker 2: Your dad had?
Speaker 1: My wife called me out. Your dad has been lying to us. I don't lead with that, just say you know it's like a prank I've been doing over the last couple of weeks. Let's go this gets out of a Chicken Tonight. I've been having that stuff for about thirty years when I was a students to live a Chicken Tonight. The people at Chicken Tonight are experts in creamy mustroom saucers.
Speaker 2: One is made at home, made practically.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we all outsourced to an expert. What's wrong with how are going to be think I can make a sauce as good as the people at Chicken Tonight? So with them five hour? These kids right, because there's anything to have a go at your ted chunks out of you. They're like, they're like, we don't even know how do we know? These other meals you've been making aren't just out of a chart. It was just this. It was like you found like another woman's bras and panties in there.
Speaker 2: No, you are the chef who cried wolf. I came here seriously.
Speaker 1: And now they're like halfway through. Oh, I can't eat it. Same thing you've been having last two months and you've loved You asked me to make this. Can't you didn't know it's out of a jar process?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can taste that.
Speaker 1: Now, girls, can you back me up? It doesn't it taste fun? You've had the same thing. I've been raving about it now, you utter of snobs. Chicken ja is a delicious inner jar creeping mushroom sauce. Am I in the wrong here?
Speaker 2: I think you've been found out for your and it's on you now. I would have if you had have told me behind the scenes that you were still running with the lie, I would have said, run as long as you can. But now that you've been found out, I actually like that you.
Speaker 1: Patsy, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I totally agree with Jack on this one. I think you should have been honest from the start.
Speaker 1: Really, from the get go. It's like being a parent. Sometimes it's a shortcut you need.
Speaker 2: To take it. You just need small wings.
Speaker 1: That chicken tonight, creedy Marshall one, it's so good.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,