Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and today is our Ask Uncut episode. This is where we answer all of your deep, dark and burning questions and we do our absolute best to give you the life advice that you come here for. We absolutely love this episode. Well, I mean, I'm speaking on behalf of Laura. I definitely absolutely love this episode. It makes me feel a little bit better. It makes me feel at a little bit good in the world for helping you guys sort out your problems. And we actually did pick a We actually did pick a few good questions today, and we've got some that we haven't really entered, some territory we haven't really entered before. But we'll get to that in a minute. Laura, I don't even know why I ask you. Have you been doing it fun? What have you been up to? How is lockdown? Wait? Wait, wait, before we get at that, you're just saying like it makes me feel better. My first thought is, like, I love hearing about all your problems because it makes me feel better about my life. It does. That's how I just interpreted what you said. It does one hundred percent like you're all fucked. I think that's why so many people love to listen to because it makes everyone realize that everyone, no matter who they are, no matter what it looks like on the outside, everyone is going through some shit. No matter how good life someone's life looks, how bad someone's life looks, you never know what's going on in their life. And I think when you hear other people's problems and it just makes people realize they're not the only ones going through this stuff that makes everyone what makes me feel that little bit better? Well, I want to talk to you about one thing that has happened in my life, which, to be honest, there is not a lot. There's really not a lot. But this is something that's happened in everyone's life in Australia at the moment. Have you seen and maybe you haven't seen it because you're not here, but have you seen the Quantus ad that is currently on TV. I have seen the Quantus ad and maybe I don't know if I want to admit it, but maybe I had a little cry to myself as well. I am not emotionally stable enough to watch an ad like that right now. They need a trigger warning before that ad comes on TV. I think that collectively, if you haven't seen ad, go look it up. It's Quantuses new campaign AD. I mean it's thirty seconds, Like how motive can it possibly be? But it basically follows one couple, one family, and a guy on their journey on like and traveling after this whole situation that we're currently living in. Once COVID is lifted and people can fly again, one of them goes to Disneyland. One of them is going to their wedding, and then the other one, the dad is going home what you assume is to see his little girl. And the thing is it's so crazy about this is that it isn't just a Quantus AD. It isn't just an ad for travel. It's a pro vaccination AD. And I just think it's so interesting how massive corporations, big businesses can no longer sit on the sidelines. People are not removing themselves or getting you know, this idea about not wanting to get involved in the politics around vaccinations. People are like, this is so big, this affects every single one of us. That even Quantus is like, we are going for a pro vax AD because it does affect every single one of us, And I mean, look, I don't love to be talking about what I'm doing a lot over here, because I really feel for you guys, and I feel so grateful to be here, but like, I don't want to be talking about it in the sense of, look what I'm doing. But what I do want to say is having a vaccination really does matter to travel. I get asked to prove my vaccination so many places over here. I've been asked as I'm entering countries to prove my vaccination that is already happening. And I did read a few things in the media, a few influencers that were putting sort of some misinformation out there saying they're obviously anti vaxxers, and they're like, you don't need it. I've traveled, I haven't been asked to show it once. And I just read that and it made me a little bit angry because that's not true. I have definitely been asked to show it. And there are a lot of places are in the world right now. I haven't been there personally through Europe yet, but I know a lot of places in Europe, France and Italy. I know New York has started to do it. You can't go to a restaurant anymore, you can't go to gyms, you can't do anything without a vaccination, or you have to get a COVID test that day, like the day of that you want to go to dinner, you have to go and have a test. So I think everyone in the world is just realizing that whether we like it or not, or whether you guys like it or not, that's the way forward. And that's exactly why Quants has got on this ad. But the thing about the ad was they didn't mention the word vaccination once, but it got the message across in the best way possible. I have never seen an ad so good in my entire life. How can you in thirty seconds have the most powerful message and make everybody falling tears at the same time. Well, it just makes you think about the government rollout ad that was done you know a couple of months ago, which was the woman in bed and she was so frightened and she was like hooked up to the VENTI later and it was the scare tactic campaign that was trying to get people to go and get vaccinated. And now look, I mean we have been Britain, I have been pretty Switzerland on this podcast. We've not spoken about vaccination much at all, and I guess it's because, you know, you guys come to us and you come to the podcast to get some really uplifting and like funny content. We tackle other things that are happening in the world. This stuff is being rammed down your throats on social media and in the media every single day. You don't need to come to Life Uncut to have that same message reiterated to you. But the thing I found really interesting about this whole thing is that Quantus has just done the best pro vax campaign ever. Like you just said, brit they have completely trumped what the government did with their advertising and it's because instead of trying to scare people into doing something, they've used emotion. And the reality is is that COVID, for the most of us, has been this invisible esque disease. And I say invisible esque because like most of us haven't been directly affected by majority of us in Australia haven't had somebody who's died, but every single one of us does know what it feels like to not be able to travel. Every single one of us knows what it feels like to not be able to see our family members, to feel isolated, to feel cut off. And I just think this ad has done such an amazing job of really highlighting what it is that we're missing out on in life. Instead of it being about scaring people around the disease or the illness, it's telling people, you know what, this is what we can have if you all just go and get bloody vaccinated. But at the end of the day, the other part of this as well is, of course Quantus has a hidden agenda. Quantus wants us to start flying again because they are a company. They are a corporation that without unlimited and free travel, they have been hugely affected by what is currently happening in the world. I actually read that they were giving and I think, like, if there's ever a way to give incentive now, look, guys, so I don't want you to quote me on this, but I read that they're giving away something to do with, like a year's worth of travel or a year's worth of heavily discounted travel to someone that goes into like a pool once you've vaccinated. So once you get vaccinated, you go into this lucky dip draw and they'll give you a year's worth of travel, and I think, what better way? And this isn't a quantus ad, this is just something I read somewhere. Guys, what better way to give incentive? Because that's what everyone in the world wants. And like you said, Laura, Australia is we are so lucky. We're a very, very lucky country. And exactly what you'd just said, not many people know people in Australia that have had COVID or have died from COVID. Here it's everywhere. COVID is literally everywhere, and I know so many people here personally, people that I've been really close to, people I'm close to his family members. It just seems that there's not I don't feel like there would be a person in the States that doesn't know someone that has had. It is worlds away from what Australia is like. And like Laura said, we don't want this podcast. We don't want to come here and ram things down your throat. We don't want to talk. We try not to talk about it as much as possible. We try to pretend it's not happening, but the fact is it is. But any of you guys that know me, and you've been listening for a long time. You know that I've worked in the medical industry for like the best part of thirteen years. You know, I'm very pro vaccination. I was one of the first people to get it because I was frontline. I had no problems with it, and I just think it is the way forward, and it's about protecting you and you have not just you as your family members and all your loved ones and anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it. I am one hundred percent all for the quantus AD and I'm all for vaccination and getting life back on track. Well, I guess the last thing I wanted to add on this, and I think it's like the biggest take home message about this whole thing is like we have been super Switzerland in that we haven't spoken about it. We're not Switzerland in our beliefs, but with Switzerland on this podcast. And I think a big reason for that is because we think you guys are all adults. We're not here to preach to you, and that's never been our jam either, Like we're not going to force our ideas down your throats. And we also truly believe like a lot of us have very collective ideas around this sort of stuff anyway, But the real take home message from this quantus ad is that nobody can really stay impartial to it anymore. Like we can't really keep it out of the conversation because it does take up so much of our lives and it affects every single person. And when corporations and companies are jumping on board and putting out tvc ads which costs so much money to do that are pro vaccination to try and get the bare rolling so that life can get back to normal, it just reinforces how you really cannot be Switzerland on the whole concept. You can't be Switzerland on the conversation. But anyway, like we said, let's get into ask on cart. Now is the time I'm going to kick it off with one. I think it's time that we bring a ask on cart that is non relationship because as much as relationships are probably one of the biggest hurdles that we have to deal with, there's lots of other shit that goes down in life. No, bring it. I'm ready. One of my best friends has damaged my rental and she tried to ignore it, so a few of us were getting ready in the upstairs bedroom. There isn't any furniture up there, just a huge mirror. That's why we were up there, as there was about four of us in total, and I didn't catch on, but she was one hundred percent using her mermaid wand and was putting it down on the carpet. I didn't think anything of it because I have a lot of trust in her, and I knew it wouldn't be done for long. She was the only one doing her hair up there. However, when we were all about to leave, I ran upstairs to grab something and I saw the burnmarks on the carpet. They were very obvious, and I find it really hard to imagine that she wouldn't have seen them. I know I'm going to need to replace the carpet, but I'm so mad that she didn't pull me aside and tell me. We're close enough friends she could have done that. Do I confront her about it? Should she be chipping in for carpet replacement? Hell? This makes me laugh only because if and did I hear this right?
Speaker 2: Laura?
Speaker 1: Did you say she was definitely the only one in the room doing a hair one hundred percent okay. I mean, like, if you're it, girl, you're it. Like, there's no shifting blame in here. There's no saying that the dog did it, because the dog doesn't live there. You're in a room doing your hair. There is now a burnmark on the carpet. She's obviously I don't think that she has not seen it. I think she's probably panicked and she doesn't know what to do about it. She feels really bad. You one hundred percent totally can approach her about it and ask her about it. I don't think you have to go in and be being aggressive or accusatory or anything like that, but I think you need to be like, hey, I just went into the spare room yesterday and I saw that where you were doing your hair, there's like actually a huge burnmark from where you put your tongs down. Did you know that? Just play dumb and see what she says, and she's probably to say, oh my god, no, I didn't see it. Like she's even if she saw it, she's obviously uncomfortable by the situation, which is fine. I would just say that and then and then have a discussion. And I think you're totally within your rights. To say, look, I'm gonna have to replace that now. Obviously, are you happy to chip in? I don't know if you can. Oh, this is a tricky bit. You can one hundred percent ask her, but I don't know how much you ask for. And Lauren, what do you think do you think that this girl has to pay for the whole carpet or do you think there's a bit of ownership in terms of like you need to go fifty to fifty because it's also your house. Oh I okay, Look I have a few other feelings about this. What do you do if she says it was me, like, there's the whole other thing she might instead of like being like, oh, I was embarrassed. I didn't want to tell you. There's a good chance that she might gaslight the shit out of you and say was me. Yeah. I think if she says it's not you, you need to just put it to her and say, look, I was in that room that day. It wasn't there. The only person that went in was you, and then it was there like it's science hashtag science' that's my answer to everything. When stuff goes wrong, you need to address it with some sort of immediacy. I think it's the big lesson in this because it's really hard to go back a week later, two weeks later, three weeks later, and say, a few weeks ago you burnt the carpet, and she's gonna say it wasn't me. Maybe you've had somebody else over. It's COVID. You've definitely not had anyone else over. But do you know what I mean? Like if you had addressed it at the time and just been like, oh, dude, there's marks on the carpet from where you put your mermaid wand I think this would have been resolved very quickly. But sometimes we're so scared of confrontation and sometimes we don't really know how to go about things. And I also blame maybe this is a big call, but I blame text messaging. I think we are so scared sometimes of having conversations in real life, of just saying, oh, you know, this has happened, because we think it's going to be huge confrontation, and we are so reliant to having those sorts of conversations via text message that we have robbed ourselves of the ability to have conversations that shouldn't be aggressive. That shouldn't be confrontational in just a really matter of fact way. I think that you kind of did yourself a little bit of a disservice by not pulling it up at the time when it happen. Okay, now for what you do now, I think you have to give her a call, And I think it's a phone call conversation. Like I said, it's not a text message. Give her a call and say to her, I saw this happen on the night, like I want you to know that, Like, this isn't something that I'm just calling you about now. I didn't want to ruin the night. I wanted us to still have a really great time. But on the night I saw that there was damage to the carpet. I just I'm going to send you some photos so that you know how bad it is. And unfortunately the real estate agent has asked me to replace it, or you could say, do you know what, I'm gonna wait until our my bond is over and everything else, my rental agreement's over, and I'm gonna see if they charge me for it, and if they charge me for it, I'll let you know how much it is. Of course, you can't force her to pay it, but you can ask her. I think if your friend damages your house because there was super neglectful and left a fucking hot iron on the ground, you can ask them for a bit of money for it. You shouldn't have to front the cost for that. Girl. First question, where the hell are you going? Where are you doing your hair for? Is that for supermarket? Or like, what are you doing? Why do you have a life? Because Australia is in Lockdow for the best part of a year, so I want to know where you're going. Is there a secret underground party? No? Exactly what Laura said, that's that's all absolutely correct. Text messages are fucking cooked. Sometimes they get you can you just can take them the wrong way way too easily. The only thing I don't know if I agree with Laura and I love when we disagree is I don't know if I agree with waiting until I don't know if I agree with saying, hey, look, let's wait till the Lisa's up in twelve months, and if they take it, I'll let you know, because in twelve months you're not going to want to go back and be like, hey, you remember twelve months ago, Well you own me three hundred dollars. She's going to be like, girl, get over it. I think you just need to say now, like I'll get a quote, just give me that half of the money. If I don't have to pay you, I'll give it back. And I think you do it reverse way, so if the landlord doesn't make me take it, I'll give you the two hundred dollars back. But that way it's going to be so awkward for you to ask down the track when the bond is up. So that's what I would do. But you need to front it straight away. And if this does happen to anyone else's kind of a thing, take a photo of it straight away, purely because then it's timestamp so if you can see it, it's going to be on your phone. It has the date and it has the time. And I think whenever you need evidence in these situations, I agree with you. Now I take it back, yes, one hundred percent, do what brit said. Don't do what I said. But I also want to say, from someone who has actually damaged carpet in a rental property so they don't replace the whole room. If anyone's ever worried about this, I'm just going to give you a hot tip. They don't replace the carpet in the entire room if it's just a little section. What they do is they cut out a section and then inlay the carpet into that section. So it's actually way cheaper, especially if your landlord has carpet like from when they built the house or bought the house, like hidden somewhere. Lots of people do. It could be not as big a problem as what you think it is. And I think we always go into these situations thinking it's going to be worst case scenario, and it very very rarely is worst case scenario. This just reminds me of something, and I can't believe. I can't believe I forgot it, and I can't believe I'm I actually did it. I mean same but different about speeling something on the carpet. I was at my friend's wedding. This is like the worst thing you could ever do in existence. I was at my friend's wedding. I went up. I'd had a few drinks, but I wasn't drunk. I went up to say congratulations, sit with her, say hello for a little while. And I was sitting at her table at the long table, you know, like where they do the speeches and where they sit at the front, and I, for some fucking reason, I decided to drink red wine. I tried to decided to take my red wine up there. I spilt, Oh my god, my red wine on her wedding dress. I'm not kidding. At the wedding, at the reception, it wasn't even at the end of the night. It was we had hours to go. And I have never wanted to sink into the ground more in my life. And there was nothing I couldn't pretend that wasn't me. I couldn't do anything, and I was I was aside myself. I was in tears, and I was like, I have ruined your life. I was like, what can I do? I'm so sorry? She was blessed her soul. It was all down her dress. To be fair, it was like the bottom like probably three feet of the dress. So it wasn't crisis. I like that You're still trying to You're still trying to justify it to yourself. You're like, to be fair, it wasn't that bad. No, it's like so cooked. The chefs ran and got like a leader of soda water and they just drenched it in soda water. So she has this drenched dress half the red wine and they scrubbed it and it. Guys, take this as a tot tip. Most of the red wine came out of the dress because we got it immediately. But I have never never been more mortified in my entire existence. And I can't believe I have remembered that, and I can't believe I did it, and I need to bury that story again. Let's get into question two. I was like, where is this going? What was the resolution? What happened? Did you have to pay for a wedding dress? Like? Where is this related to the poor person who asked the question? No? I was just thinking that has no that story was completely irrelevant, guys. I was just thinking of when you spill red wine on carpet and I just had this PTSD flashback in my head of me stealing the red wine on her dress, and I was like, oh my god, how did I forget that story? Okay, question number two, I've got one for you, Laura, And I'm actually really interested because I feel like if anyone's going to do this, it's probably you. Guys. What is the normal way to wipe your ass thoroughly, well and cleanly. One of the first things that my partner told me when we started dating a few years ago was that he actually stands up to wipe his butt. I got so weirded out by it, and I have avoided scene it since we've been together. I saw it this morning for the first time, and I cannot unsee this. I cannot get it out of my head. He now he wants to teach our children to wipe their butt standing up, and I just want to know is this normal? Could you please put a pole up? She asked for the pole. Could you put a pole up and find out how many, if any, wipe their butts standing up? Okay, straight up? No, no, no, no. This is wrong on so many levels. Why would you stand up? When you stand up, your butt cheeks would clench together, more like they would be together. How are you supposed to get in there? I am living this horror right now. I'm trying to potty train Marley, and Molly has been taught by Matt to stand up to wipe her butt. Okay. I have a theory, and we have spoken about this. Brit does remember, but we spoke about this topic on the podcast so so long ago, and I have thought about it a lot since that day. It's just men. Men stand up to wipe their butts. Chicks don't because we can reach around from the front, but they've got some tackle in the way, so they've got to stand up to go from behind. No, Laura, you don't wipe your butt from the front. That's the number one rule. That is like literally the number one rule for hygiene. Do you have to wipe from behind and you wipe from front to back. You don't reach under and go from back to front. Oh shure, white poop in your vagina. I only wipe halfway. I wipe it from back to the middle, and then I wipe from front to the middle. I never wipe the whole way across. That's terrible idea. We can never take your advice ever again. Everyone, we just lost all of our listeners. They're all gone. They're unsubscribed and canceled a podcast. Oh I can't. I can't do it from the back. I can't reach properly. Okay, I gotta do it from I go. Literally, You've got the longest arms I've ever How can you not reach behind if you're Okay, look, I know that this is technically incorrect. Now I'm gonna regret saying this. I go from the middle, like I go from the skin part that is fully closed behind. I go backwards so it never goes into anywhere or where it shouldn't, but it goes the other way. Okay. Anyways, there's a whole lot going on. Now that's a lot of information about how I wipe my butt. But I think it's just men who stand up. I genuinely think because Matt stands up. My ex boyfriend stood up. All the guys I have dated have been standard operas, and I'm a sit downer. I need to ask Jordan because I've never seen him wife of his butt, but I'm pretty sure he would sit down like I feel like he's pretty normal. I don't know anyone else that has stood up. But do you mean stand up like completely straight? Or is it like a semi hunged over squat. It's just like the bent are your legs still ban? Are they straight? Like? What are we talking here? How does Matt do it? It's like if you're gonna, if you're gonna get yourself into perfect squat position, but like just at the top, so like it's pretty stood up, but then like bent forward a little bit with a little bit of a bend in the hip. So the butt is kind of like pointing out as though you're going to do a death It's the very start of a dead lift. Think about that, like a little bit of like a bent loose knee, a little bit of a bounce in the knee, a little bit of a hinge in the hip, and that's how they do it. I guess my question is why, that's my question, Why would you make life so much harder for me? Why would you engage the quad? Should I get Madden? Hey, Matt, Yeah, we need Matt. I've just messaged Jordan, but he's on the tennis court. I think imagine if he checks his phone mid match, He's like, do I wipe my butt? Why do guys stand up to wipe their butt? Why do you sit down because you're already sitting down.
Speaker 2: I can't remember a time when I wasn't standing up to.
Speaker 1: Matt said, this is the problem. Matt just said he can't remember a time where he wasn't standing up to wipe his butt, so he was obviously taught to do it as well. You can use this microphone. It's so nice to have Matthew Johnson on the podcast on a Thursday, not just on a Friday.
Speaker 2: This is something that I've wanted to talk about for such a long time, but I've never had had the balls to do it. I can't remember. I think. I think it's just something that just came naturally to me, like it wasn't ever something that I had to make a conscious effort to do. I do remember one time somebody said, just try it, just try and wipe. I hated every second of it, trying to wipe sitting down. But hey, Britt, I'm going to put it back on you. When you wipe, do you reach around behind your backside or do you put your hand in front and then wipe towards your belly button?
Speaker 1: No, this is you always wipe from front to back.
Speaker 2: From front to back. So do you have to like perch You have to perch at the end of the toilet seat and then like dip forward to get your butt enough room for your hand to reach there. How does that work?
Speaker 1: You don't have to sit that far back like I don't know how far men do does your butt touch the back of the toilet because you're too deep. You're sitting way too deep. You don't need to be that deep. You can bring yourself forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like to relax on the toilet bread, I sit right back, I recline.
Speaker 1: He also takes his mobile phone in there and stays in there for forty five minutes, So let's be real, that's the real reason why he's in the toilet.
Speaker 2: Speaking of nature, calls so lovely to be on the podcast. Yes on Friday, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have one more thing I want to say about this though. I feel like you've misunderstood what I said at the start, and I want to clear my name. I want to clear my name and vindicate myself from being a grub. But how do you put your hand in the front, And why would you put it in the front and then push it back. Why wouldn't you just go to the back and pull it back. I still okay, regardless of what you think of me, I still wipe from front to back. I'm not wiping in the opposite direction. And I just want to make that very clear, just because I go from the front between my legs and don't go from behind. Also, then I just find that so difficult as well. I'm glad that we've clarified this. I'm glad that Daily Mail will not write an article saying that I wipe poop into my own vagina. I don't think we've answered it anyway. To actually answer your question, No, I do not think it's normal to stand up. Look, I'll check you with Jordan. We'll get back to you. I think we definitely need a pole. I could be very wrong. Maybe I'm the anomaly. Maybe everyone does the half squat, deadlifts stand up and I'm the only one that sits. I don't know, but I'm gonna say no, you stick by your guns and you teach your children to wipe their butt sitting down. Well, look, if we learn anything from Matthew Johnson's cameo that he just made, it's that if you teach your children terrible behavior from a young age, they will continue it into adulthood. So if you teach your children to wipe their butt standing up, they're going to continue to do it. To do it as a thirty four year old man. So I think it's important to have these hard conversations with your partner, or if you have a girl and a boy, then just divide and conquer. You take the girl, he can take the boy. The woman that has the tackle can stand up, the one that doesn't have a tackle can sit down. That's what I reckon. I love it here at Life on Cut. We do really tackle the hard questions. Don't we want life's biggest mysteries? Oh you know what, Someone's going to answer these questions and the people are you're asking? All right? Question number three? Okay, So I met this guy on a night out and we literally just clicked the banter in. The chemistry was amazing and the vibe was so good. Nothing happened between us, but he ended up telling me he had a girlfriend and how complicated it is and how unhappy they are. So we ended up going our separate ways that night. The next day we were texting and he ended up coming to my house. We literally just sat ate dinner, talked for hours. Again, nothing happened because he had a girlfriend. We have continued to chat, even sometimes talk on the phone for hours at a time. I can't believe how quickly we have connected. But I just can't keep doing this knowing he has a girlfriend. Every time I bring it up, he says, how confused he is, and he doesn't know what to do. So my question is should I just give up? Or should I pursue this because I really do feel like our chemistry and sexual tension is amazing. I haven't clicked with someone like this in a very long time, and I genuinely think this could be something help. Okay, I have a lot of feelings about this. He is being weak, he is being pathetic, and I know that that's a really harsh thing to say, but I don't really care right now. If he's saying he's so confused and he doesn't know what he wants to do, then I very much doubt he has this big, long, complicated relationship with his girlfriend that he's currently with. I bet you if you asked his girlfriend, she would give you a very different answer to what their relationship is one hundred percent at this point in time, what he is doing is he is monkey branching, and he's setting up a next relationship so that he has a guarantee before he leaves the one he's currently in. Or alternatively, he's not going to leave his girlfriend at all, and he's just getting an awesome ego boost through you. I think this is so dangerous. You said it yourself. You can't keep continuing to do this if he has a girlfriend. And I think it's fair of you to give him an automatum and say that I don't want you to contact me. I don't want to continue this with you unless you're single. And it could actually be something, but you have some things you need to sort out in your life. Go and do that or don't do that. That'll be the real deciding factor. And why I feel so passionate about this. And I haven't really spoken about this relationship at all because out of protection, I guess I want to protect the guy. So I dated a guy for a period of time and we broke up and we got back together, and he had a girlfriend and I didn't know he had a girlfriend at the time. I didn't know that they were together, but I thought we were together, but he was kind of seeing the both of us at the same time. And then I gave him that ultimatum. You know, there was definitely overlap. It was a period of my life that I very very much regret. But he promised that he was going to break up with her so that we could be together, and I went down this exact rabbit hole that you're heading down now. Anyway, eventually I put an end to it, and I was like, look, you need to go and figure out what you want. You need to break up with her, but I'm not going to be the person that you monkey branch from that relationship into ours. I'm not going to allow you to kind of set up our relationship, so it's a guarantee, and then you break up with her and you can just transition into an US and he's now married to her, So he never broke up with her. It never came out. And I think the big thing with this is like, just because someone says something to you and to your face, if their actions are not matching up with that, if they are saying one thing but clearly doing another i e. Being in a relationship with somebody else, then it is no guarantee that what they're saying is the truth. And I think if you were to ask his girlfriend, just like if I was to have asked my ex's girlfriend, they would have said very different things about how they viewed their relationship and the period of life that they were in. I am, Matt going to give you some really tough love and You're not gonna want to hear this. No one ever wants to hear this. But you are doing the wrong thing. It is as simple as that. You there is nothing that is okay about what you were doing. And I think you know that deep down you're saying, I don't know if I should keep doing it or like get my feelings involved kind of thing irrelevant of that. You need to end this immediately, And I think what Laura just said is correct. If you have your feelings, like, we can't help who we have feelings for. I'm all for that. I've had feelings for someone in the past that have been in relationships. I've had people have feelings for me in the past that have been in relationships. It is unavoidable. Look, you do have to let yourselves grow these feelings. You do have to be putting yourselves in a situation. And if you continue to put yourself in a situation where you're in an intimate place, which is your home, you know the feelings are there. You're talking NonStop for hours, you're texting. She the girlfriend obviously doesn't know that you have this hidden secret relationship, or there's no way she would be okay with it. It is only a matter of time before this turns physical one hundred percent, and that is just a line that you cannot cross. What I think you have to do, and this is what I always try and do in life, is put yourself in somebody else's shoes. If you imagine if that was your partner, how would you feel if your partner, your boyfriend was going to some other girl's house for hours to hang out with her, talking on the phone for hours, texting her all the time. Because I can guarantee you you would not be okay with it. You need to end it to say look and just be honest with him. I have strong feelings for you if you want it. It's like God, I want to sleep with you, like I have this connection with you, but I don't want to be doing the wrong thing. You're doing the wrong thing. You obviously need to sort out whatever is in your life. If he goes and sorts it out, tell him to come back, time to come back and date you find me, Come call me as soon as you're single, but don't call me into them. I cannot tell you, and this infuriates me because I've had it so many times. I cannot tell you how many men use that line just to cheat. They're he's not gonna break up with his girlfriend. It's probably not complicated, like Laura said, they probably having a great old time. He probably just wants something on the side. So many people use that line. Women use it too, Like I'm not saying it's just men, but it's a line like, oh, it's just it's so tough at home, like it's basically over. It's not over yet, but we're heading that way. Bullshit, I'm calling bullshit. Yeah, And I think the big common denominator in some of these conversations and relationships is like, yes, it's complicated, but the complication has come because of the new relationship that he has with you. I'm going to put money on the fact that it wasn't complicated a few weeks ago. I think maybe he has met you, he obviously feels that there's a connection as well, But he is hatching his bets. He's not making a decision either way, and he's either trying to figure out whether you will be a sure thing and he wants to jump ship in his relationship. But why would you want to allow someone to make you an option right now? You are an option he is making up his decision as to whether he wants to choose his girlfriend who is currently with or you, and him saying this is so complicated. Some other things I want you to ask yourself, and to anyone who's listening to this, if you're in this similar situation, because I know that this is common and happens a lot, some of the things you can ask yourself to really try and unpack whether this is truly a complicated situation. Are their kids involved, do they live with each other? Are they isolated from their family or their support network? Like their big questions that I think could make this situation more complicated. It could make breaking up with a person more complicated that if they don't have kids, if they live down the road from their family, if they have great friendships and great support networks, if there are no if they don't live together, if there's all these other factors that say, actually, it's not that complicated, You're just making it complicated because of your feelings. Then I think that's when you really really need to kind of reassess and go I don't even need to afford this person some time to make up their decision, because this decision is not a hard one to make. They're just choosing to make it difficult because it suits their agenda. In addition, and another thing, in addition, this does actually happen. You said, I've just never felt like this. You know, it's something really special. I feel so strongly that kind of a thing. There is a high chance that your feelings are heightened because of the situation, because you know he's not available, you know it's a bit naughty, you know it's a bit promiscuous, you know you're doing the right thing. It definitely incites feelings that sometimes are not actually there, or it makes you feel like there's something more to the situation because it is a level of excitement. Everybody wants to feel that adrenaline rush in some capacity, but this isn't the way to feel it. So you just need to be aware of that too. If he came to you, would you still feel the same way if you met him on a dating app, you went out to dinner, he was single, do you think you would still have this heightened sense of this is the most special relationship I could ever have, or do you think that's heightened because of the situations? Just food for thought there like being attracted to the drama almost I think we've talked about this a lot, like being attracted to the intensity of chemistry. One thing you said, Britt, which I really like, I really really think you'd hit the nail on the head. And I think that, like a lot of us can take from this, is that relationships and your feelings grow when you put time and energy into them. And at the moment you are choosing to put time and energy into this person, you're choosing to spend all these hours on the phone, You're choosing to grow your connection with someone who is unavailable. So your feelings are absolutely going to grow, and your connection is going to continue to get stronger, and you're going to feel more bound to this person. And the issue with that is that it's going to make it even harder for you to break away, or it's going to make it even harder for you to see that maybe they're doing the wrong thing by you and also by their current girlfriend. So be really careful with who you invest your time in, because where you invest your time is where your energy and your feelings and everything else grows from. I think we summ that up pretty well. Pat on the back of a gold Star. All right, guys, that is in from us and I ask Uncut. You guys know that we will be back. Actually we won't be back. Brittany will not be here, but I will be back tomorrow on our Batch Uncut episode with Matthew Johnson. Sorry about that, guys. I know that it's a I promise I'm gonna have a wine. Everyone seems to enjoy it when I've had a glass of wine and I do those episodes. Look, I won't hold back. You only need one. I've witnessed it. She's come to my maybe she's come to my house to record a podcast before and I was like, you were drugs. I'm like, what has happened? She's like, I've just had a wine and I'm like, I Am going to have a spicy margarita and we are going to record Friday's episode. Anyway, guys, that is it from us. Thank you to everybody who has listened. If you have a question for Ask Uncut, slide on in to our Instagram dms. It is Life Uncut podcast. We also have the Facebook group and if you are a scallywag and you have not left us a review an Apple podcast yet, then we are very cross with you, and we want you to go into it right now, and we'll love you anyway, so keep on listening, but you know the drill. Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your dog and everybody else in your life, and share the love because we are love.