Speaker 1: Laura, come on there, Hello ladies, High Australia.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, I'm here, Ty Laura.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday, see into extra coffee. You're exhausted.
Speaker 2: What did you just say? Is it happy Monday?
Speaker 3: Because I so jet flagg still I haven't slept in days, not exaggerating.
Speaker 4: This jet lag has like cooked me. You look pretty good for someone who's that jet lagged. But that's that's the absolute peak of compliments you're gonna get from me today.
Speaker 2: But you look great strict one a day I realized, I was like, I'm being too nice to you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: You don't come back from Romania. How many flights to Romania too?
Speaker 3: Right? Two?
Speaker 2: But huge layovers so it's like up to thirty hours of travel plus the three hours either side.
Speaker 3: But I have learned a new tool is that if you can't, the worst thing you can do is force yourself to sleep. So I've been up like watching TV and whatever else, but I have just been hooked on this series on stand. Have you heard of Your Honor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know your Honor.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called Your Honor.
Speaker 3: There's two seasons it Originally the first season came out a couple of years ago. I love crime, but I'm not usually a thriller person, but this is a thriller. And what it is is like, it's about this American mafia family and their relationship they have with a judge. The judge he hang on, it gets, it's hectic, it's about the like, it's about the extent that you'd go to as a as a parent. So the judge's son accidentally does a hit.
Speaker 1: I've heard about this. I've got Brian Cranston in that, yesible and he's so good.
Speaker 3: But he does a hit and run and kills the mafia boss's son, and then he's trying to protect his son from the mafia and it gets all very involved.
Speaker 2: But it's it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: And this is why you're not sleeping. It's because you're spending all your time watching TV. Correct Yeah, okay, great, but I claim.
Speaker 1: It on that.
Speaker 2: I can't recommend it enough. If you guys are looking for a show, stand.
Speaker 1: Good record, Yeah you're on it now and stand. I love that. Brit spends one week in Romania and she comes back and she's like, I love crime, I love criming checks out.
Speaker 2: Actually it's probably.
Speaker 1: Why all right? Next we've got Pickup put down, big gouss. Katie Perry performing in the AFL Grand Final this weekend. There's drama surrounding her performance.
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why are we going to talk about her now?
Speaker 1: Katie's been gagged? No, she hasn't been gagged, your honor, she's been gagged. Yeah, I let me tell you about it next on the pickup, pick up, Yeah, pick up, put down? We do it Mondays and Wednesdays, the big topics that Australia is talking about. I bring it to you Britain, Laura, and you decide whether we pick it up we keep talking about it, or we put it down. We never speak about it again.
Speaker 2: What have you got for us today? And it's chruie.
Speaker 1: We don't know how to feel about these girls pick Up put down, Senior muck Up days being over?
Speaker 2: Why pick it up? I'm going to say, pick it up? Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Because I graduated school twenty one years ago, twenty one years ago, two decades and when I was at school they canceled our senior muck up so and I survived.
Speaker 2: It was fine.
Speaker 4: So I think if it's been canceled twenty years ago, it doesn't surprise me that all this time later, it's now been canceled by well, well, a group.
Speaker 1: Of senior girls in Sydney, an elite high school. They've ditched the pranks which you normally do at the end of your graduation. Yeah, muck up day and you do the gender bender costumes whatever. They've now swapped it out. Britt you, I'll love this for a senior sunrise where all the students wake up at five am. They go and watch the sun rise and they hold hands and they commemorate the seven or six years of schooling they've all shd.
Speaker 2: I'm picking it up.
Speaker 3: If you need to hide behind a door and float and throw like glue and flour on your teacher in order to graduate to the adult world, I think you have issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree. It's very very like life, isn't it. It's very toom girls.
Speaker 4: But no, it's really to meals old. I graduated two decades ago.
Speaker 1: Now where we Yeah, we're across all right? Pick up down? Getting a text from your boss while you're on holidays, Why put it down?
Speaker 2: I don't like getting text from the boss when what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a viral TikTok a boss has been slammed for texting any employee while they're on a holiday, and he put it on TikTok.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom, hope you're having a great time on your holes. No need to reply right now, but I just want to keep you in the loop. We had a visit from the area manager. Andy's pissed about our numbers. I think you're going to have to have some really tough meetings when you're back. Oh my god, have you said not is holiday?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 5: Dave just seen this. This's got me a little concerned. Yeah, you're telling me. Shall we have a call? Like I said, I don't want you to worry whilst John your break. Why did you message.
Speaker 2: That's the worst? What is the point of putting that anxiety into someone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I agree, Dave sounds like a terrible manager. Don't don't manage the way that Dave managers.
Speaker 1: I agree, all right? Pick up? Put down. Katy Perry apparently not being allowed to play any of her new music this weekend at the AFL Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Why that's true? Me pick it up?
Speaker 4: But the old music is better? Am I allowed to say that it's better?
Speaker 2: But why How can you say to someone that they can't sing.
Speaker 1: Their new music. A footy journalist has revealed that the AFL apparently asked Katie Perry to only play her biggest songs from her discography. They wanted to play like.
Speaker 2: Raw, bang up, fireworks, you can't beat it now.
Speaker 1: Of course they want a bit of.
Speaker 4: That raw again, But instead she has requested what about I Kissed the Girl? That feels particularly no, No, she wants to play which is the new one that hasn't been received that well. The thing is, Katie Perry love her Her old songs are such absolute bangers, and like this one just didn't hit the same. And if you're paying a lot of money to have her performance something it's not her performance, then I think you could kind of potentially dictate what it is that she performs.
Speaker 3: But I also think if you're asking for a performer and they have a brand new single slash album out, that they shouldn't fee allowed.
Speaker 2: To sing it. But her music, her old music was way better.
Speaker 1: They've reached a happy medium.
Speaker 2: She'd be allowed to kiss a girl on station No.
Speaker 1: She'll play one new song and the rest will be the greatest hits.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a great compromise from the feedback from the new music. I would say that's probably in her best interest.
Speaker 1: She's in Australia already, like she could be listening to the pick Up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guess is coming Kylie Minogue?
Speaker 1: What a segue, Brittany, She's.
Speaker 3: Coming on her tour here the new album. She's such a queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's iconic. It's the Tension Tour coming to Australia for shows nationally. Frontier presale starts I started jest at actually Tuesday. All tickets on sale October second. For details, head to Frontier Touring dot com.
Speaker 2: She's definitely going to play her old songs and her new songs, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but she's can I can I say something? I heard a conversation with her the other day in an interview where she said, I just feel like I had to disappear.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 3: I thought people were sick of me. I was everywhere and I was like, that is so sad that where as a country and made you feel like that.
Speaker 1: We love her, Noah, we love Kylie. She's back. A double pass sitting on the pick Up website now go to our wind page to Pickup dot com dot a you win a double all right, back up this, girls. I had my one year aniversary with my boyfriend Steven last week.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not even true.
Speaker 2: You only started dating.
Speaker 1: Like three months ago.
Speaker 2: Where the god he's been around for twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: Well did you actually, Well, we celebrated our when your anniversary, but it wasn't our when you're anniversary.
Speaker 2: Well, well that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It's the problem. He doesn't listen to these because he's twenty two and doesn't know how to turn on the radio so I can safely speak.
Speaker 3: It's okay when you make the age jokes, but when we make them, you hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So he said, hey, we had our first date the first of September, and I was like, we did. It was a beautiful first date, and in that moment, I'm like, qu I like this guy? And then we we weren't official for a solid six months from the first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you weren't official. You were very unofficial. You were still potentially dating other people.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, loosely, yeah, yeah, yeah, the waters are very very much.
Speaker 2: It's very great.
Speaker 3: No, you came overseas with me in that twenty what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Just in case he is listening and mitche I hooked up.
Speaker 1: Obviously it was what I was going to stop me up and Stephen said, hey, let's celebrate our one year on the first of September. Because in my eyes I knew, I knew you were for me on the first.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like a fraud?
Speaker 4: Were you like, well, even though I know we weren't really together, just because we met that day, did you feel like you were faking it?
Speaker 1: I just thought, technically it's March, Like if it was October or November, I'd be like, sure, jump forward two months. But the fact that it's a solid six months early she kind of confused me. But then he said we need to get gifts for a year gift. At this point in.
Speaker 2: Time, I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: You can celebrate whenever you want to celebrate, because no one makes the rules around when you should celebrate your relationship. But I don't think you can outwardly tell people that you've been together for a year.
Speaker 2: It's like trying to it's trying.
Speaker 4: To like get more time, like more cred that's true bread relationship.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I did. At the moment I banged my now fiance.
Speaker 2: Was irish he's not Irish, He's Swiss. I feel Swiss music.
Speaker 4: It feels very like non banging kind of music. If one year, but.
Speaker 2: The moment that we hooked up.
Speaker 3: So we hooked up for one date and I thought I would never see him again, right this, britt, this is your boyfriend's bend. Ben.
Speaker 2: We thought we would never see each other again.
Speaker 3: But that first day turns out that was we never will with anyone else again. We're obsessed with each other from the first day, so that became our anniversary. So our anniversary is the moment we did the horizontal dancer love.
Speaker 4: I do not want to have the same, Like the same reference point for anniversaries is what you guys have on My reference point for my anniversary with my husband is when he This sounds so stupid to anyone who doesn't know, he was the Bachelor a million years ago and on the show we stood on like a little magical carpet in Thailand and he said to me, Laura, I want you to be my girlfriend and I love you. And prior to that, he was making out with twenty four other women that I lived in a house with.
Speaker 2: So I don't want it to be from the date that I met him at. But looking back, I'm like, well, look it worked out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait, Laura, when is your anniversary with Maddie? Do you do your wedding universary?
Speaker 2: You know, we still do the anniversary when the show ended, so.
Speaker 1: We we meet the anniversary is the show ending? Yeah?
Speaker 4: We met in February, right, and then we did three months of filming where we all all the girls that were on the Bachelor, we all lived in a big house together and then they all got like yet it out one by one and then at the very end, the end of filming was what's that February? End of May, and so end of May is when we got flown to Thailand for the finale, and that's.
Speaker 2: When he dwindled down to the two. But they choose me, so that.
Speaker 1: Night, but then you hid for three months. You couldn't be seen together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we did long distance though, but we still actually we snuck around and we did do a couple of cheeky rendezvous during that time.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if you've seen each other. And I say that because I'm long distance. It's just the yes. So I'm feeling very attached. It's the day it don't in validaate my relationship. Seen him seven times, I don't actually know his name.
Speaker 1: All right, this is my story to start with, and now I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, image, I just go with the flow.
Speaker 3: You don't need to budget for a gift to celebrate an anniverse if he really wants that day.
Speaker 2: Ben almost wants to change.
Speaker 3: Like sometimes we talk about changing our anniversary to suit when we're going to physically be together.
Speaker 2: Like if we're no, you can't do that. You know you're gonna change it now?
Speaker 1: People do. I've got friends that have changed their day because it's too close to their birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got one.
Speaker 4: What if you met on a leap year, you'd have to change it because otherwise you've only been together for one year when really it's been quite a long time.
Speaker 1: Poor Yeah fo yeah, true, that's hard. That's tricky. At the anniversary, miss thank you sir, And I'm happy. I'm very happy.
Speaker 4: Look coming up, I want to talk about something that's happening to me at the moment.
Speaker 2: I'm going through a huge parenting milestone.
Speaker 4: My daughter Marley is five years old, and if you have a child similar age, you might be in the same situation as me, and I did not expect to be here already.
Speaker 2: Put it that way, that's what happens when you do the dirty five years ago, they turn five.
Speaker 1: Now five years My month's worse than a Right after this, I'm the pickup.
Speaker 4: I've hit a point in my parenting journey that I mean, it shouldn't come as a surprise, but I truly am.
Speaker 2: I am shocked that I'm here already. And that is so.
Speaker 4: I was at home the other day and last night she was danding in the kitchen and she was singing this song and.
Speaker 2: I was like, sweetie, that's a really cute song. What's that And she goes, Mummy, it's my graduation song.
Speaker 4: So she's only five years old and she's going from preschool into kindergarten next year, and they're practicing their graduation song and it is the cutest thing I've ever heard of my entire life.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I believe that they graduate now like they just had to pull us out of the sandpit by one leg.
Speaker 2: They're like, you're out of here after school. There was no like procedure, no ceremony. Now it's like a big thing.
Speaker 4: It's like a real orientation into school because we're doing I think it is called orientation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This is Marley singing her graduation song.
Speaker 1: Free Full SI.
Speaker 2: Climb Their Mountain High and so she's got a backup, backup dancer star sign. Yes, don't really work out what the song is?
Speaker 1: That raining over cop seven right?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: Reason? It's not that guy song?
Speaker 2: Ready what a banger?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we can confirm she's not going to like a special art school. Okay, look, she's not going to performing arts. It makes me want to cry.
Speaker 4: I honestly, like, you know, I think as a parent, you kind of had these little milestones, but you're like, oh my gosh, my baby's not a baby anymore.
Speaker 2: And I know she's.
Speaker 4: Only five and she's only going into school. She hasn't quite graduated fully yet. But I just like, yeah, don't you.
Speaker 3: Remember that feeling like yourself when we had our graduation, Like when you're in year ten or year twelve, the feeling is like you laugh now but everyone's crying. You're like, my life as I know it is over.
Speaker 2: The good years are over.
Speaker 3: You're never going to see your friends again, like we dramatize it so much, not so emotional.
Speaker 4: No, it's not dramatizing. It's the biggest thing that is happening in her little life. So when we're in year twelve, we're grown ups. Also, though, you kind of look back on it and you have this moment where you're like, every time you hear your graduation song, it takes you back to that moment.
Speaker 2: I graduate. Okay, my graduation song was really dumb.
Speaker 4: I went to an all girls Catholic school, and I think we were trying to rebel and we chose I have the Tiger. Great graduation songs, the thrill of the fight.
Speaker 1: Did you guys like make it through abausive teaching? Powerful? We did it.
Speaker 4: We wore those long skirts and we made it to the other end.
Speaker 2: You know what mine was?
Speaker 3: I think very cliche. Do you want to sing it? If you want to Green Day, Hope.
Speaker 2: You have the time of your life.
Speaker 1: I'll play it.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel the emotion here, Like that takes me back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is like this is like good cliche, Like this was everyone's graduation song.
Speaker 3: I have the Tiger. I feel like you're in a boxing ring. Well, you know, we have survived school.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be my rhyme?
Speaker 1: Was this ready? This was mine? Year twelve, graduated twenty thirteen with Fox Coldplay, Okay, cold Play.
Speaker 4: I know, no, I know it's Coldplay, but I like this song is a graduation song of the tiger.
Speaker 1: You can't talk, but you know what else? This was also our bell, so this would play at three oh six every.
Speaker 2: Day progressive Mine was like ring, was that? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What my bell?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 1: This song? Every day three o six? But we didn't have a license, so we could only play twenty seconds, so it would just cut out. Wow, wow, progressive school. We need to have a pick up, like a pickup graduation song. We need to have a song for when.
Speaker 2: We get fired we go out into the world. Yeah, it'd be like thank you next and as.
Speaker 4: We oh, yeah, come on, we've been at everyone thanks to listening. Oh it's been great, guys, We're not fine. It's been beautiful knowing you are. I love doing this show and I've loved being a part of this.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Someone would have just tuned in two minutes ago and spread the room and that we got the sack.
Speaker 2: We're still here. But if the time comes, this will be out.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what we in the way radio works is we don't get told ahead of time. So if you hear that song playing my hair one day and.
Speaker 2: Then you never hear from us again, well you know what it means.
Speaker 1: All right, Will and we are up next. You can listen to us on demand, to pick up podcast on iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts, you can listen. I don't forget those Kylie Mino tickets sitting on our windpage. Oh, pickup dot com dot you'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Everyone say, guys, see you tomorrow, because we're not fine