Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack has heard an interesting theory about weather predicting. We all joke about nowhere we go and it's not that accurate, is it weather predicting? You know, so off the go, it's just a beautiful day to day and it's it's pouring down. It feels like it's by all the various technology, all the various apps, we're not actually any closer to one hundred percent accurate.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when they say it's raining on the end, I actually get filled with confidence because I know they get it wrong. It's gonna be sunny. This is what my friend said, Will He said this year weather has been less accurate because there's less commercial flights in the sky due to COVID, and commercial flights take some kind of atmospheric data. They email that to the weather guys and then they get amazed from up there they get the more the weather gus.
Speaker 2: Sorry a flying I forgot to send it this time with attachment.
Speaker 3: They send it to the weather guys. The weather guys break that data down and then they've got a more accurate picture of what the weather is. So my question is is this true? Do commercial flights collect more data? And has the weather been less accurate over the last two years during the pandemic because there's less flights in the air.
Speaker 2: My friend is a pilot, right, and he said, you know it's you know it's he flies from London to America and he said, once this is up in the air and it's it's really boring. It reads books and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: He's probably the guy who's.
Speaker 2: It feels like you would have a lot of time to get the old binos out and email Botswana.
Speaker 4: That is rain clouds.
Speaker 2: All Botswana air traffic control rainy coming?
Speaker 3: How do you spell bureaus from all?
Speaker 4: Right? So, can anyone put us right about this? Or on patsy? Does it sound right?
Speaker 3: No, that sounds ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the Weather Bureau has some accurate sort of equipment other than an eye in the sky. I'm not saying they've got no equipment.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying they were with the satellite.
Speaker 3: They pair that with the commercial flights.
Speaker 4: Guys, right, Okay, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jackie Boy has heard a theory about why weather reporting this year isn't as spot on as it has been in previous years. The theory you heard from a guy in the pub.
Speaker 3: During the pandemic, there has been less commercial flights, and commercial flights pick up some kind of atmospheric data that they send to the weather guys. The weather guys crunch the data and get a more accurate picture of the weather coming up. With less planes in the sky, we get less accuracy.
Speaker 4: It does make sense, all right, Matt, Good morning, Matt.
Speaker 5: Good mine a Christian.
Speaker 2: Matt, welcome to the show. What can you tell us about Jack's theory that you heard?
Speaker 5: That theory is true. On the side below the copic windows, all the planes or the boring and the air batters have atmosphere pressure sensors to help with autopilot, et cetera. And all that information is set back down to the bureau or wherever it's going to be, and they use that, combined with their satellites and weather balloons and all their data to help predict rain clouds and pete and troughs of all their weather.
Speaker 4: And how do you know that, Matt, I'm a weather nerd. I see. So Jack's theories is right, then he's great.
Speaker 3: So you noticed it this year and last year, Mat, that the weather has been less.
Speaker 5: Accurate, absolutely, and last year when it really started and then noticing I did a little bit of research and spoke to a few other people that sort of forbit like me and weather nerves, and we confirmed that it's true.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 2: And where do you speak to you? Are you in like a Facebook group or some sort of underground like fight.
Speaker 4: Club for the old weather.
Speaker 5: Talking about pocal.
Speaker 4: You're Tyler Dirdan and.
Speaker 3: You're breaking the number one and to rule.
Speaker 5: Here, Matt, No, I'm just part of habook group that yeah, we all sort of snurred out about the weather.
Speaker 4: Awesome, all right, don't know. You've got to share, to share the knowledge. Matt, thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 1: You have a good one.
Speaker 4: We got Nathan as well. Nathan, can you back that up?
Speaker 1: Oh Goody's going good, Nathan, that's good. I'm well, here's a weather nerd. I'm an aeroplane nerd and we I've actually built a full size seven three seven similar in my house for the last seven years and finally complete. And yeah, it's you can jump on Facebook Melbourne seven three seven prog. And when I basically want to know what the weather is coming, I can jump in my simulator and fly to wherever the weather generally comes from, which is the West, and it actually injects real world weather, so I know exactly what's coming ahead of time.
Speaker 2: Basically, this is incredible, Nathan, I just need to just go back. You've been building over the last couple of years. A simulator in your house, a full.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, with all real components and componements from overseas, a company in Canada and parts of Arizona, and a big, big.
Speaker 5: Big job.
Speaker 4: This is incredible. That's it. Where is it in the house?
Speaker 1: So right next to the kitchen, So that's great.
Speaker 4: But you're making your spag Bob. I've just got.
Speaker 1: Intercom and built into the black wall. I can press the button. It works almost every time.
Speaker 4: Is unbelievable, Nathan.
Speaker 1: If you go on Facebook, I will be seven project. You'll actually see it there. You'll see all the photos and you see my life bringing me drinks and everything. That's great.
Speaker 3: And Nathan, is this a complete hobby? Are you building it with some kind of organization?
Speaker 1: Now it's just all on my own. This is a complete I love that fly. I can open up two doors, walking into a real cockpit door sit on a real cock bit seat and start the engines and talk to air traffic controls. You're which are a virtil online.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it now. Rio is just holding up his laptop. I'm looking at the photos. That is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: What you've built. It's incredible, show Jack, it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: It is incredible.
Speaker 4: And so what's your background? What do you do by day? Nathan?
Speaker 1: I actually cut concrete for a living, so nothing to do with with Fly.
Speaker 2: You've been built a life sized cockpit next your kitchen.
Speaker 5: Yep, yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: Where are you flying today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're off to actually.
Speaker 1: Monday nights at the best part of the fly because that's I call it the milk Ran, which is the East coast of Australia, so Melven to Sydney. There's probably ever forty or fifty aircraft, so it's basically like an online network. We actually the other aircraft. You actually talk clearances. I'll get clearances and directions on which which one way to take off, which departure altitudes. I'm actually talking to people real time, proper, the proper, real time, and so.
Speaker 4: You do that journey real time.
Speaker 1: Yep, real time, real weather.
Speaker 4: Yes, This is incredible. My mind is isn't your mind blowing right now? I love this.
Speaker 3: I guess the good thing is that if you're up in the air though, and you just need to go somewhere, you can just shut it down. You don't have to complete the flight all the way to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Well if you're if you're online, you sort of have to finish. It's it's basically again. It's like like they're like we're saying rules of fight club.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: There's certain things you can and can't.
Speaker 2: Thank God, you're not fine planes. I don't feel like it is going.
Speaker 4: To the country for today.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Jack's Airline will never take off. Nathan, this is brilliant, incredible.
Speaker 2: Can we see can you get some video later tonight when you're flying from Melbourne to Sydney.
Speaker 1: I can definitely do that if you like.
Speaker 2: I love to Yeah, we'd love to see that. I bet people would. Nathan, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 1: No worries, mate, Thank you today.
Speaker 2: Do you know what tomorrow we're going to do a phone and what are you a nerd of? We just have from a weather nerd, a Plaine nerd. It's brilliant. I love that. I think the Facebook page if you want to have a look at Nathan's work. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: And I think you said Melbourne's seven three seven project. Yeah, that's it. Check it out well.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show podcast