Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Just really hosted by a couple of mitches. Hello, yeah, are you delese yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: I'd rather be dead than be called gunkle, that nickname for gay uncle.
Speaker 2: Just because I'm gay doesn't mean you need to change the word.
Speaker 3: Imagine if they were like God, he's put on weight funkles here give a uncle.
Speaker 2: Is Mitchuri and Mitchell coos allah? Yeah, yeah, good to be here.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I just I forgot to say hello, a you well.
Speaker 2: That's your thing, and I did it.
Speaker 3: I know, how are you are you?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I love?
Speaker 3: Hello? Stranger? Oh yeah, I hit people with that a lot.
Speaker 2: Stranger. Yeah, someone says calls me lovely, and I really like it. Certain people can get away with things like Laura Burne from The Bachelor. I host to pick up with her. She calls me home.
Speaker 4: By the way, I don't think you need to call it from the Bachelor anymore. I actually forgot that she was on the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: I know, so I sort of think of the broader stroke that people know here.
Speaker 3: Did I tell you?
Speaker 4: By the way, I was at an event with Sean and we were talking to Maddie Jay for Ages, Laura's husband.
Speaker 3: They met on The.
Speaker 4: Bachelor, they did, and we were chatting to matt from Mattie Jay for Ages and then we left and Sean goes, who was that? And I was like, that was Maddie j. I googled a picture of him when he was the Bachelor, and he goes, oh my god, he's just such a normal guy in real life, because you know how on The Bachelor that make them look really you know, yes, striking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just so chill in real life.
Speaker 2: Mattie Jay is you know what, why don't we get Mattie Jay's a co host?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we better?
Speaker 2: He is better. He's so he's actually such a nice guy. He's really funny, I know, very funny.
Speaker 3: Oh it's great.
Speaker 2: And they're a hot couple anyway. Laura Burne calls me honey all the time and she goes, hey, honey, you okay, honey, great work today, honey, And I feel warm inside. But I could never go hi, honey. It doesn't work.
Speaker 3: No, you couldn't. I don't think you could get away with hon.
Speaker 2: Hey han patronizing, patronizing. No, But why do some foods get to be like words that you talk to someone about.
Speaker 3: Hello, Nectron, how are you hello, honeyed you?
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 4: That is actually it has to be a sweet thing, are you true? Like Harlaye sugar, I'm Marmalade sugar Tits.
Speaker 2: My nan is just I always talk past tense. She's alive and well. My nan calls people vinigartits if she doesn't like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that's when you're there, like a sour pull.
Speaker 2: That's so good. She's like, oh, we'll go to the shed.
Speaker 3: Probably call me vinicotits.
Speaker 2: Actually she would. I used to do that podcast with Vinegar Tits.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: By the way, speaking of Sean, not my Seawan. We have a different Seawan coming onto the guests today.
Speaker 2: Do Sean Zepps will be here.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said his name. It's hard with the list Sewan Zepps. Oh I did it? Try again, Seawan Zepps because it's s z EPs. Very confuseding.
Speaker 2: Seanps is a good see anyway. Sean Zepps is content creator, his author, He's got a new book out, and he is a He's a dad to two beautiful twins who he had with his husband.
Speaker 4: I actually adore him and It's it's kind of weird because I've met Sean a million times. I was at an event with him last night. Example, literally last night, I saw.
Speaker 2: Delta Goodrum on her knees on the Crown Plaza. Stay. I was at the Hilton, Oh the Hill.
Speaker 4: She was doing a gig there, and it was so small and intimate because it was just a corporate gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, I could.
Speaker 4: Pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars to be up close to Delta, but here I am for free.
Speaker 3: He's actually really tiny in real life, isn't.
Speaker 2: She She's petite, She's very very finished. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now she had a great time had that gig last night. But yeah, what I was saying was I've run into Sean a million times. It's one of the few people that I see at these events that I'm actually happy to see them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, thank god, Sean's eepps is here.
Speaker 4: Love him, But I don't actually know that much about him, so I'm quite excited to have him one today.
Speaker 2: Sewan's like skyrocketed to fame. He posts a reel on Instagram, a million views spiral. He's really got that parenting niche down pat and he's a queer dad, so then he gets all that target demo. He's yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: Nah, here's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: If you've never heard of him, give him a stalk on Instagram or just stick around. He's coming up later in this episode.
Speaker 2: Kind of perfect for Marti grad too. I can't believe Pride Month is almost what's really up, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, by the time this episode's out, yes, it's done.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm doing on Sunday, the day this episode comes out, well, doing the bloody closing march over the Harbor Bridge at eight am.
Speaker 2: You're marching, I know, well, not actually marching. What do you I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 4: I've always found it weird that people like say, oh, you're marching in the martig Graa parade. No one marches, we slap drop.
Speaker 2: Really very true. How insulting ten meters from the Anzac Memorial to say we're marching when real soldiers did real marching for much bigger issues.
Speaker 4: Anyway, But you know, I'm doing the bridge walk thing at eight am on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: What are they doing? What do you mean? What's involved with it? You walk from one side to the other.
Speaker 4: I don't really know my Sean roped me into it. I just said, sure, I'll do that because weirdly, I didn't actually do much for Mardi Gras. Yeah, I was home by midnight, which is so not like me. Remember that maybe two years ago I came into this show. We did the Marti Gras hangover episode and I was still in my outfit, like I had two hours sleep.
Speaker 3: Yep, I went hard, But this year I was so boring. It's weird.
Speaker 2: I know, I was very similar. I was at Frozen Yogurt in Surrey Hills Yochi Frozen Yogurt at eleven forty five Hayden, and I like, do you want to leave this house party and go get frozen yogurt? Oh fucking yep. He was blind drunk because I'm not really drinking at the moment. Yeah, and I'm just sitting there watching all these gays in barely any clothing. It was beautiful and I was in my frozen yogurt with MOCHI was great.
Speaker 4: See you were probably like me where you did thank yourself the next day for not having a big night on mar de Gras. But is there also a part of you that has a little bit of fomo because you're like, oh, well, Pride's basically over, and I didn't feel like I took advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm going to go out this weekend just so I can say I did something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we should talk about the opening ceremony. We were at the opening ceremony, not together, but we both saw Kylie and oh, how did you react to Danny coming out on stage? Because Kylie Minogue opened Sydney World Pride she brought her sister, Danny Minoguat in a surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, at the last minute, you would have shut yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was like, oh, I got it, Daddy.
Speaker 4: But even though it's quite far away and Genoa Shawn's sister the whole performance, thought it was Miley Cyrus, not Danny Minoguew, not the same at all, because there was rumors that Miley was in Sydney at the time and that she might do a surprise performance, completely false, and so when some woman with blondish hair came out, she thought, and we were quite far away, she thought it was Miley the whole time, and it was an amazing moment when Danny came out as a surprise. But I watched it sat like the actual televised performance, and I was like, gee, Danny's trying so hard, isn't she?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Was she not a great vocalist?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, she was singing Kylie song.
Speaker 4: Of course she's not going to be as good as kind of an og in her own songs.
Speaker 2: So the Minogue sisters a lot like Pizza always, they're consistent.
Speaker 3: It was so gorgeous though, Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. In the matching they looked like gay Luigi brothers, you know how, like red and green, and they were in the pink and the blue. It was so hot. I loved it. I had so much fun. Anyway, Happy motograph for those it aselves. Happy mortograph. And if you're in town you're listening to this podcast. I ran into a British idiot that listens to the pod that was here. I mean, God, bless them. If you're listening and you're in Australia, welcome.
Speaker 4: Just in case there's any new listeners. By the way, we don't say idiots to be abusey. If our listeners are called the idiots, they're our juring idiots.
Speaker 3: That's our Facebook group. Oh wait, that's like you know.
Speaker 2: I was asking you at the start, like what can I say, honey or marmalade? Idiot? That's our idiot.
Speaker 4: The reason I have to clarifize because my friends Oscar and Jordan came home from the Martogra after party and they said, we ran into four idiots last night. And it took me a sec to realize that they meant our listeners, our listeners, rather than we counted four idiots.
Speaker 3: We couldn't stand them.
Speaker 2: Not just for dumb gay many. Well, if it is your first time listening to the show, welcome to Is it just me? Every week we start the show the same way with two is just me? As we call them igems. There's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know mitches, and we just we throw them around.
Speaker 3: We have some fun. Do you know what's speaking of? Frozen? Oh? Fuck? Look is this turned up?
Speaker 2: Come in? Price Keeper Jenna, our third wheel price keeper Jenna is here?
Speaker 4: Have you finished your Bloody Cat podcast downstairs?
Speaker 2: What a conflict of interest? You're there today.
Speaker 3: Because we've got a guest coming in.
Speaker 4: I love how she doesn't even know who the guests is No, you're really just going blind on this podcast, don't you love it?
Speaker 2: And you're really taking your time to get on the mic like it's an audio medium. Jenna? Is it? Even? Once I saw her cat like eyes at the window. Jenna's eyes are reflect.
Speaker 3: Well and we're just about to kick off.
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi, So where were you? I was recording my.
Speaker 3: Cat for two Girls, three Cats we're.
Speaker 6: Talking about, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: You know when cats go.
Speaker 2: No, isn't that?
Speaker 3: Isn't that just what they when they chitter at birds and ship it's more of a.
Speaker 1: Well, Connie goes Okay.
Speaker 3: I think Connie might be insane.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Why what is that? What's the what's the reasoning they're trying to act like a bird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then they're literally mimicking bird calls to try and lure the birds into some sort of false sense of security.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Isabella, they're not going to fall for it.
Speaker 4: They're not going to look at my cat going and be like, oh, I'm regurgitate some food in my mouth piece.
Speaker 2: Like birds. Aren't that stupid?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Also, aren't cats like the most evolved animal on the planet. You think after millions of years they would have finessed the bird.
Speaker 3: Tweet Mike, pretty good, she's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Can you record it? I want to hear it?
Speaker 3: Recorded it?
Speaker 4: Let me find Oh my god, I was going to say that speaking of frozen yogurt. Yeah, my item kind of ties in with that, so I might kick off with that. I'll find the video of Isabella chittering first.
Speaker 2: Okay, find it. So it's called Jenna. What is the technical term? Is it chittering?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I found that out after I posted it. I posted saying, is my cat trying to mimic a bird call? And everyone somehow ended up on cat talk. Everyone was telling me all about it. Apparently it's a thing.
Speaker 2: God, you're like one fucking video then you get on that tok.
Speaker 3: Okay, the ready found out.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is Isabella.
Speaker 3: I'll back really far on my TikTok.
Speaker 4: She's literally mimicking their bird calls.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it kind of sounds like have you ever seen the footage of two turtles? Fucking?
Speaker 3: What does that got to do with anything? But no, I have not.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get it up now.
Speaker 3: Oh god, can I just do my take two seconds?
Speaker 2: It's the same same sound as your cat is. Yes, trust me, it'll be it'll be worth the payoff. God, what an episode for Sean Shep's to be on.
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Zep Oh?
Speaker 3: Is he on the show? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would have. You would know if you joined the meeting that I had last night.
Speaker 6: Sorry, you know when I did that that sound? Connie now looks at me and.
Speaker 3: Thinks you're a bird? Ye, not all their issue.
Speaker 2: Here we go, turtles mating ready?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh it's finished.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is actually connected to my phone. That's what Hayden our film r to grab bathrooms at the domain.
Speaker 4: Sorry, okay, that's enough. Wow, I told you it's funny. It sounds like someone trotting a dog. Toys you like the squeak too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh I just had the memory. I went a question com with Hayden and Camberrack and we played one of those last weekend when oh, fuck you. You know those toys that play with thunder and you like it's like a toilet roll and you turn upside down. I go, you know, when like a baby's vomiting, like a toddler is vomiting and they can't control their sounds.
Speaker 3: When a bird's regurg to heating its food.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, or Jenner, Yeah, all right, let's start the show meet. Would you like to go first? Yes?
Speaker 3: The wood.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 7: Just me?
Speaker 3: It's cookie dough, just the best flavor ever.
Speaker 2: I did anything? Disagree completely? What do you mean? Hate cookie dough?
Speaker 3: The pack?
Speaker 2: Hate it, eggy gummy, it's nothing now. I purposely avoid it everywhere I go.
Speaker 4: Well, if I ever go and get frozen yogurt, you know how you can put the yogurt in the cup and then you can do your little add ons and weigh it at the end. Yeah, of course, the cookie dough chunks to yogurt ratio was way off. I'd have put a tiny dollar for a yogurt and then load up on the fucking cookie do cubes they've got there.
Speaker 2: So you're barely going to get the frozen yogurt barely because I just love cookie dough.
Speaker 4: It's so good. It's the best flavor. And cookies and cream apart from milkshakes. We all know my favorite milkshake flavor is life, of course, but anything else like ice cream, the cookie dough or cookies and cream absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Because the cookie dough is a soft The whole point of it is it's a soft texture. It's enjoyable. If you add it to ice cream or something cold frozen yogurt, it breaks up.
Speaker 4: Oh well, if you don't like it, then you're not gonna like the food I've brought in. Oh I've got a new favorite snack.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, sackler. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I've had to go to the Apple Shop a lot recently because my phone's fucked. Yeah, and I had like an hour and a half to kill before the genius bar would see me.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I hate that.
Speaker 4: And so I was like, I'm i popp into Boosts Juice. It's been years since I've gone to Boosts Juice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they've got these protein balls that are cookies and cream. Holy fuck, they are all gasmic. And so when the Apple Store told me, sorry, we can't fit you when you have to come back tomorrow, I wasn't even mad because I was like, great, I can get another protein ball and I have to go back to pick up my replacement phones.
Speaker 3: I'm getting another one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So did you bring some here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I brought some in for you is if you want to try, and I'd love to.
Speaker 2: I'm just just slamming. Oh. They are white chalk or something.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're white chocolate ones are also amazing. I am a slut for bootstuice protein ball. There's something about the fact that they're protein balls, and I'm like, oh, well they're healthy.
Speaker 2: Then hold on, they're really quite soft. Yeah, okay, so it's quite pale, it's quite white. Look, it actually does just look like a ball of cookie dough. Go to try. Okay, here we go. Are they protein?
Speaker 3: Yeah, protein balls? Whatever that is. I could have four hundred of these. I'd feel very ill.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, that's delicious. Isn't it a lot? So much?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: I feel like they've literally just rolled up cookie dough.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they've caught it cookies and cream flavor because it's clearly cookie dough.
Speaker 2: So you're going to are you getting a juice with this? Or is it just the boost ball? Yeah, I'll get it.
Speaker 3: I'll get a pure eaten to go with it.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a banana bus boy.
Speaker 4: It's the same shopping center that we used to go on out lunch breaks, dinner. Oh really, yep? Maybe how we go to Schnitz almost every day? Yes, and get a Schnitz rap. And then I wonder why I was putting on weight, because I've got one of those people that's like, oh, if it's a rap, it must be healthy. Yeah, schnitz raps, they're very fattening, same as me.
Speaker 2: I did the MACS rap and then I saw one TikTok that was like the MACS wrap is two big MAXs from mcdarnott's.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, that are you serious?
Speaker 2: I think they tossed their salad in sugar water.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: That is delicious, told you, Oh my god, It's given me like a new lease on life.
Speaker 3: I think I'm back in my boosts here right now, going back.
Speaker 2: Well, are you getting paid for this fucking shit?
Speaker 3: Nuh, I'm just I'm feeling charitable today.
Speaker 4: I'm just giving him a shout out for free. I'm not even being paid to influence you.
Speaker 2: Jenna and I like giving these rave reviews and me is probably getting ten grand put it into his bank.
Speaker 4: I'm actually not talking about I love these fucking cookies and cream protein balls. Also, do you remember the KFC cookies and cream crushes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Beautiful, really nice?
Speaker 3: They need to bring the crushes back. What happened to that they got rid.
Speaker 2: Of the crushes, but some have the crushes signage still and you drive up and they're like, now, I haven't had crushes mate, since you was in power. You go, all right, now it's been a while, haven't it all right? We're ready for my age.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it.
Speaker 5: Is it just me.
Speaker 2: Do you feel that the foot air con functioning cars gets a bad rap?
Speaker 3: Who's giving it a bad rap?
Speaker 2: No one uses it. I'm gonna use it.
Speaker 4: If I'm transporting like food or ingredients, I'll whack it on. Oh my god, that stuff on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's genius. Add that to the list. Guys, I want to be you never thought of that. No. I hold it at my tip breast level, at the same height as the front facing air con. If I've got like a trifle on Christmas Day that I need to keep cold, so the jelly melton, I hold it, I get Hayden to hold it in front of the econ. I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: I did it on the way here because they got you've got all coffee. I got your life coffee. So I whacked them on the floor and then put the floor acor on.
Speaker 2: I'm an it. We're moving at the moment and Hayden and I put boxes in the back of the car, and they came all the way to the front, through the boot, right through the middle seeds, and they knocked the air con and bumped it onto the foot mode. And I'm sitting there driving and I'm going, I've got full three sixty coolners where normally I'm quite cool from the navel up, and so much so that like I get a bit frosty around, like the extremities, like my fingers get cold on my eyebrows and my tip of my nose. But I was absolutely blessed out and I went, what has changed? And the foot mode, Oh, it's just and you know what it does. It actually makes the front mode a bit more subtle because if it's just on the fuck it's riding up and where the air goes. Oh, Gena, I mean you don't drive, you don't understand. But a car is it's an item that transmitted to passenger.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Ohen would you turn on foot mode?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't have control over.
Speaker 3: Did you have footmode and your horse dooring carts back in the day?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately no, no, she.
Speaker 2: Had horse mode.
Speaker 3: Oh God, you're listening to is it just me?
Speaker 1: Got something on your mind, hit up at a couple of Mitch's on Instagram to get yourself on the shoe.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is time. Is it just you? Mitch and I've had our say. Now it's time for you to get on the show. You can dms at couple of Mitches or Mitch. You can send us a text.
Speaker 3: Oh, I reckon, I've let the number off a hard gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, oh four one two seven one two oh nine two let me checked.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got it right, he's done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's that text line.
Speaker 4: And also, if you're going to send us a text, pop your name in there too.
Speaker 3: These text are from.
Speaker 2: I've got to get that sim cut off you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we havn't tech troubles some un called Crazy John. Remember when he died Crazy John.
Speaker 3: I don't know you're talking about something.
Speaker 2: Remember remember there was like Telstra, three, Optus and then Crazy John.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there were phone stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a network. It was Crazy John and the logo was like knock you are fourteen that price crazy Crazy John.
Speaker 3: And they got my first ever phone there.
Speaker 2: I did two and then he died.
Speaker 3: I don't know he died.
Speaker 4: But the brand or the actual person, Crazy John. That was his Christian name, wasn't it. I'm going to call him crazy.
Speaker 2: He passed away anyway, so resting peace, Crazy John, and hello, now welcome to the show. She's in Sydney, he love.
Speaker 3: Did you get up too much for Mardi Gras?
Speaker 5: I actually do you know what homophobic is?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 5: But I have family staying so I was unable to go out and celebrate.
Speaker 4: Honestly, there's so many there's so many international visitors and it's super busy this year. So I'm just like, I'll let them have it. I'm not going to compete in the queues and the crowds.
Speaker 2: It's their year, not mine.
Speaker 5: I'm with you at home, put my feet up.
Speaker 2: So yeaeah much. I did go and see progress Shark, though, did you see progress? I see that all the time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, drive past it?
Speaker 2: Yea progress the Medaldoon. It's out in the front of a museum in Sydney and they put Pride flag on it for one night and then it went viral because I don't even know why.
Speaker 4: It's funny if you don't know what progress Shark is. They've now got an Instagram account. Do they just photoshop this shark with a rainbow want it to anywhere they do.
Speaker 2: But also during Kylie, there was a you know how the thing is to do drones.
Speaker 3: A drone show.
Speaker 2: They had a drone show and progress Shark.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how much of a meme misprogressed Shark has become. You have to go look at their Instagram progress dot Shark. I've just found it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Imagine being an international traveler being like, let me really immerse myself in Australian culture and there's a great white shark with a pride flag made of drones above.
Speaker 4: You imagine the meeting at the museum being like, what can we do to show that we support the gays?
Speaker 3: Ah, just whack a rainbow fucking flag on that shark out the front.
Speaker 2: Oh good, cool, All right? Are you ready for your is it just you mail? Jump in?
Speaker 5: I am so ready.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 2: Now, jump in, Bradley. Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Our birthdays really fucking embarrassing?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: I tend to dread my birthday.
Speaker 5: I just feel like also, can I just say this is not birthday specific, but the morning of my birthday walking to work a Stepton dogshit.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, wait, when was your birthday?
Speaker 5: My birthday was last Monday, so this is why it's fresh trauma.
Speaker 2: Well, happy birthd I know what you mean. When something happens on your birthday. It's like of old days.
Speaker 3: It's my day, my day.
Speaker 2: All right. But well I kind of agree with you. As I get older, they get a bit cringier.
Speaker 5: They do. And it's like, I work in an office full of girls. Obviously they like just quill. So you walk in first thing in the morning. People are squealing at you and I'm like, it's not even nine am. I don't need this.
Speaker 3: But then not embarrassing at least they remembered now to take that true.
Speaker 5: But then but then you're having a conversation with someone in the kitchen, right they don't know what's your birthday. Someone else is happy to birthday to you. Then it's embarrassing for the other person. I love you, memrasing embarrassing thing all round. I think, because I'm old now, I'm not thriving.
Speaker 2: I'm not thriving that you need to take this into your own hands and celebrate it. I live for the drama. I live for the attention.
Speaker 4: I know I shouldn't ask a lady their age. But how old are you?
Speaker 5: I'm thirty one.
Speaker 4: Thirty one, Okay, so you're at the point where you're just like whatever, it's just another day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just another day for me. Don'te on me on days that I'm not embarrassed by.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can't get around birthday sex because your birthday is so exat I want pre birthday or both birthday, post birthday. Six. I don't want sex on my birthday. I want to open my presents. I want to relax, I want to eat cake, I want to eat dinner. I want to stay out late. Like it's a nice little gift to know that I'm getting it tomorrow, you know, like it's a yeah birthday? Yes, I agree? I agree. What do you meet to you and show on fucking every day? So do you want of those new cames.
Speaker 3: I've never had birthday sex.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I haven't.
Speaker 4: It's because I'd only been thanking Sean for not even a month at that point. It was a bit too than to be spending my actual birthday with him.
Speaker 2: True, although your last birthday didn't, that was a rough day considering everything that happened here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it wasn't great. It wasn't embarrassing for me. Mail, let me tell.
Speaker 2: You more mortifying, But we don't touch on that. Well, Mel, I'm with you on that, I will say though, because you're an only fans creator, right.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What? But on your father there's a chili and then a link next to it that means click this link for the hot content. Right?
Speaker 5: Oh no, babe, is there a link? Have I been hacked?
Speaker 2: So if you go to your profile, it goes mail with a chili, which is the which is the emoji underground language for I'm an only fans creator.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know that follow a couple only fans?
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Are you telling me you believe that? And I could be making some cash?
Speaker 2: Look at Mel's pro Is that your boyfriend, the one that looks like Simba if he was a human?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Would you not watch Mail and Cimber? Fuck? Look at them?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Well that's something for thought.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have to if I wouldn't sign up to watch your only fans. But I'm looking at you. You're a gorgeous couple.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's potential there, but you know when I'm obviously not pressuring you, just starting only have.
Speaker 2: I gotten it wrong? I thought the chili meant that you were an Only Fans creator.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that.
Speaker 6: I've never heard that.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I haven't heard that either. But now I'm triggered, and I feel like they need to change up.
Speaker 2: Keep it, keep it. I just assumed, and I've got four pages of questions about what it's like to be an Only Fans creator. I've prepped for the wrong interview.
Speaker 5: Why did I sign up? And I can come back on and tell you, yeah, good call.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Well, don't be embarrassed about your birthday. This isn't shade at Mitch and Jenner, but I think it's actually sweet. If people are going to an effort and they've actually remembered. I think it's nice. It's better than the alternative where no one embarrasses you, which means they don't give you any attention on your big day.
Speaker 2: I think it's nice.
Speaker 5: That's true, that's true, Thanks true. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you deserve to be dated on and spoiled.
Speaker 2: I agree. Happy birthday for last month, Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, guy.
Speaker 4: Now, don't forget to hit up price kip it Jenna on our Instagram at a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: She'll send you a little prize for coming on.
Speaker 5: Yes, amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Guys, no worries.
Speaker 2: We love you. What a cutie.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous.
Speaker 2: All right, I just got the notification he's in the building.
Speaker 3: Oh well, guests, yeah, we have time for that beautifully all right. Pause, we're going to bring Sean in.
Speaker 2: Okay. You may follow our next guest on social media at Sean's zips. You may have seen their reels accumulating millions of views. World domination is in sight for Sean Zev's is here now in the studio.
Speaker 4: But you like cookies and cream? Protein ball there my new favorite snack. I bought a few in today, Yes I do. I'm not even being paid for this.
Speaker 2: I just love that Sean he's being paid. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm actually not.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm wearing workout gear right now, so I feel like a protein ball like totally aligns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Eat the protein ball. What do you think?
Speaker 1: I really like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right? Are they running? It's really good? Tell me about your book? You books coming out Not Like Other Dads June seventh. That's his first book.
Speaker 1: The first time I'm talking about it.
Speaker 2: Exclusive.
Speaker 3: Exclusive, We didn't break in bargo or anything.
Speaker 2: You're good. I saw the cover cover reveal everyone on Sean's Instagram. Beautiful, thank you, it's really very nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I was really really excited. I've been holding it in for a long time. We announced it yesterday. When is the show coming out? We can't it a couple of days ago. Yeah, it's called Not Like Other Dads. It's a memoir. They approached me about a year and a half ago and said, hey, no gay parent has written a story of the journey from starting to finish in this country. Would you like to be that person before someone else does it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My ego said yes.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to ask you this now, because I always forget to ask our guests this sometimes.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get it out of the way.
Speaker 4: First thing, we have a list of things better than drugs and dick that we ask all of our guests to contribute to because we just don't want any young listeners of ours getting caught up in partying and boys and you know that's not the be all and end all of life that you.
Speaker 2: Can if you're doing it, go for gold. But there are there are things success. No, yes, good, very well said.
Speaker 4: A little thing in life that you appreciate. Race Nicholson said, weighted anxiety, blankets and a skincare routine. Tony Lodge said really good melted cheese. Yeah, that can be in Anaconda said. The Wizard of Oz is better than drugs and Dick. That's a favorite movie.
Speaker 2: Interesting, very cool for a drag queen. That seems perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah it does.
Speaker 7: I have three, all right, that's fine.
Speaker 2: No one's ever done that.
Speaker 1: Driving over the Brooklyn Bridge heading into Manhattan always feels like a movie moment. I always get chills, I always get emotional. I did live there for a decade, so I think it's heightened. But just the first time, I thought every major movie, all the songs, all the love like this is. I'm a part of this every time it happens, no matter how many years have passed, I'm like, this is must be what heaven feels like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I know it's not quite the same, but I do get a little pinch myself. Whenever I'm driving over the Harbor Bridge, I'm like, I look a little farm boy here, I am.
Speaker 2: No, I get heart palpitations. There's that one line on the Harbor Bridge. If you're going north and there's no medium strip in the middle, it's unacceptable. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I easily clip your mirrors with the oncoming traffic.
Speaker 2: Head on, even rolling the dice every time you get told as well, you're paying to die. It is the scariest road in Australoy. So not the same.
Speaker 3: But that's number one. What's number two? You've got three?
Speaker 1: My secret single behavior? Anyone know what that is? Like Sex and the City. Did you ever watch Sex in the City.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Kerrie Brocha has this thing called like her secret single behavior, which is the thing you do maybe after you get out of relationships or when you're single, that you just do when you're by yourself and you're alone, and it's your one thing that no one really knows about. Well, now that I'm married, I can just say that mine was getting home stripping down to my underwear. Yeah h we're going to skip the drug part because you said it's better than drugs, right, Yeah, and watching reruns of Sex and the City in my underwear while ordering Chinese food and eating Chinese food. So it's the Chinese food in my underwear while watching Sex and the City, and I will do it for four or five hours.
Speaker 2: Oh blease.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. And I know that the third one is technically in the category, but rimming, Okay, that's not that's not I.
Speaker 3: Thought you're right on a technicality. That's not drugs.
Speaker 1: Otherwise side, Yeah, do you want to talk about my kids now.
Speaker 3: Haven't you?
Speaker 1: I'm worried about this.
Speaker 2: Why you are?
Speaker 1: I think it could cause some drama, specifically in the communities in which we weighed. Oh, I'm excited, okay, but I've been thinking a lot about it.
Speaker 2: Finish the sentence, Bradley, You'll take you in. Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is pride no longer fun?
Speaker 3: We were talking about this just before.
Speaker 4: We were kind of like we didn't really get amongst it this year because partly I'm like, you've been to one, you've been to them all, But also there were so many visitors that I was like, I'll just let them have this year. I can't be bothered competing with the crowds and everything. It's there, You're not mine. Yeah, So I didn't really get amongst it this year.
Speaker 2: We were both in bed by midnight. It was so overwhelming more than anything, What was your experience?
Speaker 3: What's your hot take?
Speaker 1: I think if you take the entire month and on average you communicate with as many queer humans and allies as possible about their overall experience, my inference is it's like no longer actually about what pride is meant for. Like we're not connecting with each other, fighting the good fight, celebrating how far we've come. It's become how many parties can you go to, how many brand deals can you get? And when you're at those actual parties or working an event, I constantly walk away and go what happened at that party? And this is coming from someone who works like you in this content creation space, right, I make a living off of partnering with brands. But when you leave these events and you go we ate really good food and drink really good alcohol. But what was it for? There are great brands. Yeah, Mitch and I were at a party last night raising money for Misateen to help young people so they can go to queer foremost. That's great. Yeah, you walk away and you know what that was for? Yeah, that is actually making the world a better place year round, but a lot of them are just let's get drunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of them feel like just the brand or the venue or whatever it might be, just going say we love guys, we threw a party for you. You get what you get done complying.
Speaker 1: And when I, like five or six years ago, when I went for the first time, the overall experience, after you know, the time was over, was I connected with other queer people. I felt safe in environments. I was surrounded by people like me. And now I get the overall sense that it really is about how many can you go to are you are you wearing the right outfits?
Speaker 2: Did you get making the money? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that feels disappointing. I was like, this year didn't feel amazing. To be honest, I'm a bit worried that.
Speaker 4: You're going to start bailing on events because you're taking a stand. Because I was saying just before you arrive, and I was like, oh, he's one of the few people that I'm actually happy to see. When I got to a fire, we were saying how good you are? Yeah, and my Seawan, who exact same spelling as your name and everything, we're saying the same.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, he's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: We are running it a long sean and I, yeah.
Speaker 2: Isn't he cute?
Speaker 1: We have a podcast called The two Sean.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I do think for so long queers wanted an opportunity. We wanted a seat at the table, We wanted the party's throne for us. We were sick of like being ostracized. Then we get the opportunities and now here I am intellectual queer coming in and like critiquing the it Overall, at the end of the day, I'm gonna get my coin. Yeah, like you as a content creator, as an adult, we have an opportunity to make a decision for ourselves.
Speaker 2: So what do we do? The problem is what do we do? Because it's so hard as well, because then if we come out or if the hits he these, they'll go, well, look we look what we've given them, Look what they've got win. Yeah, exactly, how do you wean? It's tough.
Speaker 1: I honestly asked myself that a lot, But over the course of the last couple of days, I've been thinking about it more. I think every person next year should say, what do I want to feel at the end of this. Do I want to feel more connected to queer people? Do I want to go out with my friends and experience the euphoria feeling safe on a dance floor? Do I want my straight friends to experience what it's like to be queer? Do I want my family like? Ask yourself that before and then chase that because everything I just said is what I wanted, and now it's over or almost over.
Speaker 3: To you take off.
Speaker 1: You didn't get any of those, babe. You made money. You got to show a lot of people from content who might not know about your family what queer families are like. But I didn't dance on the dance floor with my friends. I didn't bring my family or allies out and let them experience.
Speaker 2: It because you had to get time to the bloody keys.
Speaker 1: I mean exactly, you got shit to do. You got ads to create. So I just think if we all did that, then you can still do the ads. You can still go to the branded parties as long as you're balancing it out, because I just feel that a majority of my friends you included, are leaving going it's over. We can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little shoulder dropped. That was hard. That was intense. I agree, Mark. The most rewarding Pride I ever had was when I we did You and I both worked at Kiss and we did the parade on the Kiss floweous and I got like a plus one and they can walk in the parade, and you go, shit, who am I going to ask? And my little baby sister four years under me, had never been to Pride, never been to a Mardi Gras, and the whole concept was new to her. I'm probably one of three gay people she knows. We love each other sick. And she walked in the parade with me, and to this day it is the highlight of her, one of the highlights of her life being in Pride, seeing me being comfortable being celebrated like she talks about it to this day, and that is what That's my favorite Pride memory of all time. You're so right.
Speaker 3: I want to take my mum one year. I reckon how much Jane would be in irrelevent.
Speaker 2: My mum would love. Why don't we do our Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, parents.
Speaker 2: Flow Michelle and Jane, Oh my god, Yeah, is there actually fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they're always parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's make it happen. Michelle would love it, Mama die.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and we'll take him next year when it's less busy. We don't want to overwhelm them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot. It was nice having it back on Oxford Street, and it was what the fiftieth year anniversary, we had a lot of winds. Fifty year anniversary of Pride. It was the first we had the first sitting Prime minister.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Oh yeah, holy shit. That felt good to watch him, to hear him say this is my thirty fifth year walking and his outfit embarrassing, shocking, I know, come on, step it up.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see that democracy sausage in full fucking swinging right out of the front. I wanted to see it. I wouldn't both did they see that?
Speaker 4: He responded to the fact that he was dressed completely plain. He didn't, you know, get all camped for Mardi Gras. His response was, Oh, I think that Marty Grass about celebrating exactly who you are and I'm just a dag he like from Marrickville and the rest as one.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: I mean, irol But also, yeah, there are a lot of gays at home are like that's how I dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. There was criticism of like it's so performative, and he was like, I've been for thirty five years, thirty five there is evidence. It's not like, you know what, I'm probably gonna be PM one day. Let's start going in that last five years thirty five years?
Speaker 1: How many presidents and prime ministers in any country at all? Maybe Bernie Sanders and is like he was marching with Martin Luther King. Other than that, I cannot think of another example of someone who's fighting a good fight and all the way back in the day actually believed in that fight.
Speaker 2: I know it wasn't cool.
Speaker 1: Thirty five years ago to be supporting our asses. No, no, away what I was thinking. And I don't know if you guys have friends like this, but there are a chunk of our community who are not club kids, who don't like the glitter, who don't want who don't have like insane fashion sense. Yeah, none of that is for them, and pride alienates that group of the case.
Speaker 6: It's interesting that you bring that up because one of the guys that I work with, he I asked him what he was doing for Mardi Gras, and he said that he's not a fan of dressing up, of going out. He'd rather stay in. So he felt a bit alienated from it, and it was a different perspective. I'd never really heard it.
Speaker 1: That not talked about. My husband has talked about this publicly. When he was a kid and he turned on TV and watched the Pride Parade on the ABC before he came out, he thought, that's gay. Yeah, that's what I have to be. That's what it's going to look like. And so he thought, I guess there's not going to be a spot for me. That's not for me. And I think the club space it's for a certain type of queer person.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but if.
Speaker 1: You're not that. Turning on TV, I don't know. I saw the Prime Minister, I thought maybe there's a couple of people going Actually there is a spot for me. You know, I can just wear my button down. I'm never not going to wear a button down and I could be accepted there that I'd like to see that featured more.
Speaker 4: Speaking of non clubbing guys, you know that chick on TikTok, her name's dye. Her handle is like not an euphemism or something. You know, this chick fifty three year old.
Speaker 3: Let's be in yep. Oh yes, yes, you know if you see your face.
Speaker 4: She put a message in this group chat we have from last year's TikTok float and it said.
Speaker 3: Hi everyone, just to let you know. I started a group called Sydney Quiet Queers. The drug of choice is teeth. I don't know if you like more details.
Speaker 4: And I'm like that sounds gorgeous. It's a Facebook group called like Sydney Quiet Quick. It's just a bit of shu shin, a cup of tea in the park, book clubs and stuff for that's seven hundred and eighty five members in Sydney Quiet Queers.
Speaker 3: I just looked it up.
Speaker 1: I think it might blow up after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds like it's going to be quiet packed. Actually this quite queer is made up. It's going to be fucking roundy.
Speaker 2: I'd go, well, I mean I can feel like I can relate to you a little Sean because your partner Josh, he's in media right, and you have I mean, I don't know, how would you describe it? You have different outlooks on your queerness or yeah, I mean you can speak to that.
Speaker 1: I get off on a label. I feel like my whole life, I was searching for who I was and so when I found gay, I was like, that's me. I want that. I felt like I was a part of a community. Josh doesn't even believe in them, doesn't have one. You can't give them one. There's no box that's gonna that. Not having a label makes him feel you for it. Having one makes me feel you for I'm sure there's one box, Quely.
Speaker 2: I mean you're into rimming. He was too? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: You can follow the show online.
Speaker 3: Just search a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a tickhead.
Speaker 2: Sean Debbs is here. Everybody you can get you on Instagram at Sean Zepp's his reels are They're fantastic. And you've got you really narrowed down your target market. I mean your instabio I noticed is what you've changed it to? Delf The Delf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Delf Dad I like to follow. It's all about parenting now.
Speaker 2: Truly, And I mean you've obviously identified that because you've got two kids and you're like, fucking I'm Malini.
Speaker 1: I get a lot of messages from women saying I would never follow a father like it doesn't make sense to my life. But you're the dad I would follow. Oh there's something clever.
Speaker 2: You're funny. Good call.
Speaker 4: Actually, this is gonna sound a bit ware because by note threats, did you have kids for the content? But god, it must make your life easy. You'd be able to reap so much content out of having kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so true. They're not in the content anymore. I think you'll notice that they're very rarely featured because they stopped wanting to be and you got to respect that consent.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about how the baby's happened, because it was a surrogacy journey. And I think I definitely want kids.
Speaker 4: It's something that you're wanting to pick its brain about because it's kind of something you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really really really want kids, really really Oh that's great, it's not I don't I truly don't think it'll happen in the next ten years. I think it will be in the next ten years, but I want a good ten years of career in life.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but I'm not saying I don't want kids. But it's not really on my radar yet. But I'm very curious to hear about the story. Yeah, I mean, I don't want you to give away too much. It's all in the book, right, not like other dads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that plug. Here's the ten dollars.
Speaker 2: But you guys really are content creators. The boost juice mentioned the book plugs fucking male. What's in the book? Tell me about what you can get the book.
Speaker 1: I think what will excite people most is I do my entire life from start to finish, so kind of childhood, growing up in a religious church, growing up in that environment, coming out of the closet, meeting my husband in New York City, the entire surrogacy journey, that whole process, then moving to Australia, and the transition to becoming a parent in a country that you're not from. It's definitely like traumatic, traumatic lows and very Euphoorichais the whole story, and it's very very very gay. Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that very us tell us about the sarrogacy journey from the start because we have a lot of young Qui listeners. Good and I just think this is so interesting because you don't hear about it in this country, right because sergucy.
Speaker 1: Is legal, Yeah, you can do it. It is legal, you just can't do it for compensation, which means you have to on your own find someone who's willing to do it. Sergacy Australia is a company that does exist and can help you find women in this country fifty percent gay men and of those fifty percent a large chunk or just finding a friend. But yeah, compensation will get you in jail for or three years in Queensland, two years in New South Wales and one year in the Act.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And the reason that commercial surrogacy is illegal, it's the reason because it could become a bit icky. People might start opening agencies and then people who were desperate for money it might harm their body, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Is it just stuff like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to be honest. The only country where it was legal at the time was the States. But there's also a really interesting like womb law that's like a carrier law around people potentially abusing that. So forcing women to do it, women raising their hand and saying I would like to do this, and I deserve compensation because I have to step away from work, new clothes, the food, the transportation to and from the hospital, all of that. I felt just for the risks she was putting to her body. She deserved money. But yeah, that's why it's illegal here.
Speaker 4: I'd almost feel bad for not paying. But then it's also like, oh sorry, babes, it's a legal I can't pay you. Oh no, get some saving money in that way.
Speaker 2: So do you mind me asking? Because you've got two beautiful tos and you chose that, right, you chose the tweens. I think we've discussed it. I mean we've been friends for a while. Yeah, we've dicussed how it actually happened. But you chose to have two.
Speaker 1: That's right. So when you're doing the IVF or surrogacy process, you have an option quite early on to test the embryos for genetic disorders basically, yeah, And through that process you get a little output document of all the embryos that have you know, in an order, and you get to decide like, which one do you want to put in?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Oh crazy?
Speaker 1: At the time, the data was if you put too when you had a ninety percent tance of having one and we just wanted children, And sit down if you're worried about money. But it's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Australian to share the process.
Speaker 3: But it happened in the sights, all of it happened.
Speaker 2: And sorry, So this was for the two same price, or as you double that.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit more, so it'd be probably less a probably be around two hundred. But when you're thinking about how much is going to cost, the emotional toll, the potential that not happening, you know, increasing the likelihood of having the success one and not having to go back. We thought we'll put two in. If we get one, amazing and if we have two, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow wow wow wow. And so do you peak the carrier or do you pick the sarrogug Why did.
Speaker 1: You know that sarag We didn't know her ahead of time. So there is an agency, there's a lot of agencies in the States that will help you go through this process. We found one in Boston called Circle Surrogacy. And what they do is they basically work with women. They do psychological assessment, make sure that they're in it for the right reason. They have to have a job, they have to make more than one hundred and ten thousand dollars as a family, so that These people aren't just doing it to make whole heart cash. They have to be done with their families. They have to have had a successful birth without sea section, so there's a lot of criteria.
Speaker 3: Oh okay for.
Speaker 1: These women to come and do it. And our Sarah Gath, this amazing woman, had had three kids already and just really loved being pregnant, and she specifically loved the idea of finding a gay family. She said it in her notes. We live in a part of the country where there aren't a lot of diversity. How cool would it be for our kids to have these extended family. Wow, so beautiful.
Speaker 3: So they did you actually get to meet her at any point?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, so they make you communicate every single week, but obviously we spoke almost every single day. We had her fly out for appointments. Josh would goet went flew out to an appointment, and since the birth, they've come to Australia. We've had holidays in Christmas with them. It's there. We really think of them as a special aunt.
Speaker 2: Number the kids have a relationship with her in the family.
Speaker 1: That was always, always, always, always, always the goal that they knew every single person involved, so that there weren't huge question marks attached to their life, and they go to therapy when they're twenty eight and I feel like something's missing. Yes, now they're going to know these people. This selfless woman and her whole family just wanted to help. They wanted to bring these people into the world, and there's so much love around them.
Speaker 4: So that when it came to like the embryos, the IVF stuff, are they actually her eggs, they're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, but they're not biologically her children.
Speaker 1: Nope. So there are two types of surrogacy, and in this country it's a pretty low percentage. In an America, it's similar. The number of women who carry a child for a family whose eggs it is is small. Almost every case, an IVF clinic is used, and the family can either take a donation from a family member if they want, or a really good friend oftentimes friends. I'm sure it said to you like a drunken at night, like I would love to donate or carry your baby cheap.
Speaker 3: No, I'm waiting for the Digena office.
Speaker 2: After this call. Things are gonna told Jenny, you're carrying my baby. If you locked it or not, you'll have to do.
Speaker 1: This is right, This is why the laws exist.
Speaker 3: We don't need to fuck around with a Jane. I'll get you pregnant now where you go you play t you.
Speaker 2: Fucking grabbed my crutch more time? Anyway? Yes, sorry, Sean.
Speaker 1: Or you can use an IVF clinic and they will find egg donors for us. We're really lucky that a family member offered to donate her eggs. Oh happy to say, I am not happy to say no, no.
Speaker 7: No, that iss good to say, thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll wait till the kids are older. That's really their story. There their own personal stuff.
Speaker 2: That's good. So you get the egg and then you obviously, how do you decide how does the who gives the sperm? How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Well, it was a family member of mine got it, So me donating sperm would be really really bad. It's very unfortunate.
Speaker 2: What a waste of money.
Speaker 1: That was easy for us.
Speaker 2: Also, so the kids are both of your genetics.
Speaker 1: That's right, Wow, which is why I think everyone's like they look so much like you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that that? I mean? It's beautiful? Doesn't this warm your heart?
Speaker 1: I love this?
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 1: People all know that these options exist. There aren't that many stories like ours, Like I think at the time there probably only were a couple hundred in the world who had put all of those pieces together, who had had the donation and found the saragate and it all works out the first way.
Speaker 4: And so is there any point where you thought, fuck me a lot of hopes to jump through, it can't be bothered, or did you really, really, really really want a family?
Speaker 1: So no question, I'll be honest with you, Like my entire life story is wrapped up and feeling like if being gay was going to stop me from being a dad, then I definitely didn't want to be alive. Parenthood has always been I've been chasing motherhood, specifically that specific ideal of stay at home and helping to raise kids. And so I think all the trauma of being a young religious kid, thinking if I can't have that, then what's the point. So when the world changed and it became an option, I just was gonna run and chase. It didn't matter to me how much money it costs, It didn't matter to me how hard it was going to be. I wanted to be a parent, but it did not matter to me that it was serrogacy like it did not matter. It was the fact that the offer was given, that beautiful donation when it was in my hand, Like, when that beautiful offer existed, I was like, I'm gonna I'll chase this. But up until that offer, we were just going down the adoption path. Less expensive, easier process, long, long way, and a beautiful gift to society. And so if you're listening, I mean that option is an amazing option.
Speaker 4: Wow, I feel like ad option would be a lot of hoopes as well, So you reckon that's easier though, well.
Speaker 1: I mean easier in the sense that I guess less invasive Physically, the timelines on adoption can be insane, like yeah, waitless or years and years and years, but I do know financially it is more inexpensive process.
Speaker 2: Wow, what were the issues along the way? I mean, these stories beautiful and it sounds like, oh, it all happened in a week, but I'm sure it was a long, ruling, tough process on your relationship as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say that's probably the worst part is just that the relationship drama that comes with it, to have to take up massive loans to be able to afford it, to have the privilege to be able to do that. The family problems like you're bringing humans in your family into your intimate relationship, which obviously is going to extend through generations, and so there's a lot of psychological work that needs to be done, a lot of therapy to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. We are one of the lucky few who like the eggs combined with the sperm made the ms. All the embryos survived. We did our first implementation and both took and the pregnancy happened naturally, like in its own not naturally, but happened in its perfect timeline. So as far as that's concerned, we lucked out.
Speaker 3: Wow did they grill you as well?
Speaker 4: Because he says that the surrogate's obviously, you know, have to make sure that they've got all these criteria that they tick off, you know, they've done with their family whatever, whatever. Do they grill you as well? Or that it's kind of like, yeah, and I will take you. Spoof makes some babies no worries.
Speaker 1: Oh intense. So they actually don't just do it to the surrogate, they do it to her husband as well. Oh, it's every single person involved needs to be in a emotionally the right state of mind and doing it for the right reason. So as psychologist, what would they.
Speaker 3: Ever say no to? What would they say now, you're not in the right set of mind?
Speaker 1: I think for us as gay people, I guess it's like, I don't know, doing it for content yea, or because I'm supposed to. They ask you, like are you being coerced to do this? Like is someone making you? Is your relationship in a bad place and you're trying to have a child to sit? You know how people do that sometimes like a relationship isn't working, but if we had a kid, everything, yes, So they're trying to like pick apart all of that and it's like, no, no, they really want to have kids. They're doing it for the right reasons, and yeah, we all got the little check.
Speaker 2: Also great black mail for the kids, Like if you only knew how much you find it.
Speaker 3: We wanted the shit out of you to prove it.
Speaker 2: Dad wanted a brand new Porsche, but instead we got you.
Speaker 3: Or just confuse them and say, nah, you're an accident.
Speaker 2: I will a very elaborate accident as brilliant. That's really good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The refund policy is still intact.
Speaker 1: Don't you think I'm just going to insert this in here that street people should have to go through that many hooks speaking.
Speaker 3: Like you mentioned the whole the baby trap or whatever where they're like, oh, if we get.
Speaker 4: Pregnant, then he can't leave me. It's like, oh my god, imagine if they had to go through that process at your first ultra Sound'm like, now, do you really bloody want this through you?
Speaker 3: It's being a bit about it.
Speaker 2: I also feel for the woman. They get bad sex and it's done like that, that's it. They get no very true, very true. God, that's so cool that. And so the book is what's in the book? Is it that journey? Is that story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all the details that I've never shared publicly about every intimate, the drive there, the actual birthing process, the drama of getting over to Australia, the struggles I had when I moved here. I expected the country to be a lot more accepting than it was, And so I talk.
Speaker 3: About its about parenthood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like people specifically in Sydney. I just thought of this as like a gay mecca. But when you're in America, you know of Sydney and Marty grauw. You hear about it, right, And so I just thought everyone would have probably met a bunch of gay parents, and it just hasn't been the case. You know, when I'm out the playground, when I'm at school drop off, I'm still the only one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I said, the conversations that I had when I moved here really uncomfortable ones. I write about all of that. So I think if you are a parent or want to be one, it's a really interesting read because it's going to give you some insight into how you can be a better person to other people who are different, more empathetic, more sympathetic, kinder all that.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, it's so true that I feel Australia, you think the country is further further in than we really are in terms of progress. That was my mom has no homophobic buond and I bought it most beautiful wman on Earth, but took my coming out the hardest because she had no benchmark. She literally said to me, does this mean your voice will change? Does this mean you will start talking like Carson Crazley? Love that that was her point of reference. I said, I fucking wish and the process that she needed to go through was actually learning what a gay person was in twenty twenty whenever the fucker came out because she had no idea, she didn't know anyone. She watched cam from Modern Family and thought he's going to start rolling his sleeves up in that weird half triangle, roll in three quarters up the rest, and that's what she thought I was going to be.
Speaker 1: Truthfully, I'm so glad you brought that up, because I think a lot of queer people when they come out, expect their family to accept them in one one hundredth of the timeline it took them to figure out and come out of the closet. Yeah, our expectation is like I've told you it, except me immediately and if not, you're terrible. It took us how long I from the day I decided to the day I came out, you know, years and years and years and years of struggling and then we like spit it out. But for our parents' generation, justifiably gay equal death. Yeah, Sidneymore and Herald boom Aids.
Speaker 2: On TV with the fucking Grim Reaper and the bolleyball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so we're expecting them to unpick all that internalized homophobia. You know, it's a different time. We're in a much better place. But I often say to parents, is you're putting your trauma of your past onto us when the reality is kids are growing up in a much different place than even the four of us grew up in kids that are coming out an eleven proudly at their school and no one even cares, No one gives a shit, And we're like, oh, wait a second, this is what your life is going to be through the lens of our upbringing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you've got to give parents a little bit of grace if they're not thrilled immediately, because they will come around. But like you said, they've got a process too.
Speaker 3: By the way, were you there when the Sury gave birth?
Speaker 4: No, because my question is going to be who do they hand the kids to, because normally they you know, wrap them up and give them to their person that just gave birth.
Speaker 2: There's two of them.
Speaker 1: Luckily, we talked about this on another show, so I'm like comfortable to say it, but we missed it by six minutes. You're joking, such a bummer.
Speaker 4: Oh and so they were they were there when you walked in. You have it's not like you have to wait a few weeks close.
Speaker 1: We were just rushing there, so.
Speaker 2: You so obviously she went into did you plant? He had the Flights book and planned to try to get there early and try to beat it. Yeah, she just went in early. Yeah, yeah, healthy birth though, right.
Speaker 1: You will have to read about that in my book.
Speaker 3: He's good. I'm available for pre order at big w Now.
Speaker 2: Tell me how many pages of glossy pictures are in the center of the book.
Speaker 7: I think, eat, I skip it straight away.
Speaker 2: I don't funk with the blurb, but I don't funk with the foreword. I go straight to that glossy section in the middle life and I look at the photos. All I do eight is good?
Speaker 4: And then don't you love when you look at the photos first in an autobiography and then you read the book and the photo suddenly makes sense because.
Speaker 3: You look at it out of context. You're like, what the fuck is this about?
Speaker 1: And then you go read the book and go, oh, that's I go back to the middle section, like three hundreds.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Are you doing an audiobook version? How long did it take to record that?
Speaker 3: Or have you not done it yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't done it's doing in April, and I think it's five.
Speaker 2: Days fucking hell fantastic.
Speaker 3: That would get so tedious.
Speaker 1: And also emotionally trauma typed.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do like a rehearsal? Do you want to like? Should we give you some script? And do you want to what book can we give?
Speaker 3: Could we have anything?
Speaker 4: Oh, surely you've got a little excerpt from your own book. Here, I'll bring up the blurb on the big W website.
Speaker 3: Here you go. You gotta put music on the back of it, or no, it's gonna be an audiobook.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I've never listened to an audiobook.
Speaker 1: I think in the beginning sometimes they have music.
Speaker 2: I give you music.
Speaker 1: Sean Zepps wanted to be a mom since the age of four when he fell in love with Missus Potts.
Speaker 3: Actually makes no sense.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to change it to I want.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a mom since the age of four when I fell in love with Missus Potts, the Mothering Teapot and Beauty and the Beast. But there was just one problem. I was not, in fact a woman.
Speaker 2: They get you, Sean, Can you just do one more take? As Carson Kresley. I wanted to be a mom since I was four. God can get the book, So June seventh, it's out wherever you get your books.
Speaker 4: Oh, like I keep saying, because I'm so good, I've got your back pre order available now at BW.
Speaker 2: That's right, not like other dads? Do you think you are like other dads?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Why the fuck would he call this? And then the plot twist at the end is I have to actually do the question?
Speaker 2: Also was have you ever met a dad that he's doing everything just the same way you are?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 1: I think there are amazing modern men who are very involved. Absolutely, but genetically. I don't have all the science to back this up, but like we know that women research has been done, have more empathy, like wired into their entire being and body. It is more natural for them also the way in which they're raised from a young age to care about specific things. So there are men who are involved. Absolutely, they are there, they are doing drop off and pick up. They their wives work and they stay at home. But I think there is something about my childhood, specifically what it means to grow up gay, what you are told that means, how to unpick that, to always feel like an outsider. So when you come to the parenting world and there's a script that exists, and that script is very straight, even if you're straight, you tried to disrupt it a little bit, you fall into slots. Josh and I couldn't. It didn't make any sense for us. So we had to literally look at it and go, Okay, we got to start over. We got to figure this out on our own. There's nothing to go off of. And because of that, I think we either do a lot more work than the average man to go how can we succeed?
Speaker 4: Do you make the same threats that my mother used to be, like, ah, do you want me to get your father?
Speaker 3: Like they're more scared?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I say all the same things my mom said, which is just so annoying.
Speaker 2: Scary though, isn't it. I catch myself out sounding like my dad all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, no, I really have turned out like my mom.
Speaker 4: I get furious if someone squashes the bread. Yeah, I'm like, now there's water in the car, there's water at home.
Speaker 3: I don't need to go through the.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 3: I really am. Joane.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we love you. I could talk to you for hours truly, that really could. I could, but we'll have to let you go. Get the book. A pleasure having you on. You get shown on so sean hips.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yes, I love you all.
Speaker 2: Great to have you on. Happy pride everyone as well. We'll get out of here, but I'm still a couple. This will air and Pride's done.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're right at the Thailand.
Speaker 2: We have all the bottom.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's pride.
Speaker 2: We're at the bottom ends. I'm just saying we are. Are you just the side you know, sides of thing? You'd be me side?
Speaker 1: Hi, nice to meet you. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You want to quickly spread some light on the side culture.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Historically we've always had top and bottom. Right, that's actually taken not from the homosexual community, but just a deep and powerful understanding of the position in which you are playing. Are you dominant or are you not? And so we have top and bottom that the gay community uses primarily, which means you're either receiving bottom or you are giving top. Well, side is a third option, and it's you're not so interested in the actual intercourse itself, but all the other beautiful things you can do with your hand in your mouth. Sex is not always on the agenda for you, and you don't want to be labeled that way. In the gay community. I think everyone knows this here. You like introduce yourself that way, you decide who you can and cannot be with. You know, you have amazing connection at the bar and they're like tupper bottom and you're both tops. You're like, ah, shit, Like, there goes the potential of that.
Speaker 2: I thought of that.
Speaker 7: I'm like, there's other things you could doctly, But I think for a long time there's just been a bunch of people who thought, oh, maybe I'm a little bit broken.
Speaker 1: I don't really want to do all these things, but I like all the other elements a lot. And now there's this label that Grinder has really been the first large business to like.
Speaker 2: It's on Grinder's side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were the first. I mean it was a psychologist in America who came up with the term, but Grinder was the first ones to grab it and go, we're going to give people this option and then educate around it.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's actually the first time I've heard that's on TikTok And now.
Speaker 1: I know it's a Pride sponsorship. I'm working with Grinder. No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: They really like the gay dad.
Speaker 3: You're a married man with children and you're a grind rambas at a place.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm considering Grinder way back when had the criteria you could filter by rice. I mean they've come a real long way. The community has the fact that you just think about that, the fact that you could filter out by rice.
Speaker 3: Could you do I barely use Grinder in my life. Can you actually do that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I was listening to a podcast it yeah, yeah, which.
Speaker 1: I've never used it either, but I couldn't tell you about that.
Speaker 3: That sounds that's a pretty good impression from me.
Speaker 2: That was very good. Does Tinder have a sound?
Speaker 3: I think they just have a normal notification go off. Don't they like a text?
Speaker 2: Straight? Yeah? Fucking the heads of course. No creativity. Imagine I imagine being the gay marketing man at Tindy. I'd go make it a little tinder flame. Yeah, yeah, you got about Hinge.
Speaker 1: That's the real one. That's the one where you actually find love.
Speaker 3: That's where I met my Shaan.
Speaker 1: What was the sound for that?
Speaker 3: I've always got my phone in silent to be fair, I don't know. I think it's it's a normal door opening.
Speaker 2: It should be a door. Yeah, I love that. What else is there? Christian mingle?
Speaker 3: Plenty of fishes, but gay Christian.
Speaker 2: Mingle would be it would be like you'd be banished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would just be the burning sound beans.
Speaker 2: A straight person gets a match, but us. Sorry, I have a real thing for sound effects. I have everything ready.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been so well. Behavioral episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitch hates it.
Speaker 3: We better go. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Thanks, sure on the helicopter. Just tell all our guests what's your next?
Speaker 3: Guy? Bye bye Bob?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank god he's gone, he's coming back. What do you have to just came back to life?
Speaker 3: Just what I wanted to plug my book one more time?
Speaker 2: What's the title?
Speaker 3: Not like other dads?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Where can we reorder?
Speaker 2: Thanks? You buy on Instagram? It's so stupid. Thank you shwing me, love you, Thanks for having me, love you and we'll see you next week. Everybody, by bye? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit full on your podcast.
Speaker 4: At Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment on the end. Did you know we had a secret segment?
Speaker 3: Shollan.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Normally the rule is if the guest doesn't know about it, we keep it from them. But nah, you can say, I like you I and didn't know about it, so out.
Speaker 2: He went out. I saw Jack Vision at a Marti at a house party. That's another QN about Marti grad that I like. How in Paddington and Oxford Street and Sorry Hills, all these beautiful gay terraces put up a pride flag and it's kind of like, I didn't realize it's kind of an open house. You kind of need to know. One day. You kind of had to, you know, suck him off of the year before. It's something. It's the weird invite system. But we were walking through Paddington and Hayden's like all my friend lives here. We walked in and we stayed for an hour. Jack Vigion was there and the sweetest little palm you've ever met.
Speaker 1: So sweet?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you acting like you've only just met Jack?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I know, but I just I just really think we were just a little plumb. I was like, Okay, it's been on this show before.
Speaker 2: I've interview Jack as as Jack Vigion. But at this party, the guard was down. Yeah, and I was like, oh, this is this is Jack. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's pretty much the same on the podcast as he is in real life. By the way, his thing better than drugs and dick with sobriety five am starts and writing gratitude journals.
Speaker 3: The sobriety thing relate Relaten's. I spoke to him about that.
Speaker 4: I said, so, you were banging out about sobriety last sunder on the podcast, and you've got a drink in your hand. He goes, Yeah, it's just good to do a reset. The relationship with alcohol isn't bad. So we were back on the booths.
Speaker 2: But it's not bad. That's what I'm doing. I'n't drunk. Sin's September. I've just been off for a year. Yeah, since my birthday.
Speaker 3: How did you make it through family Christmas?
Speaker 2: Do you actually love each other? There's a real connection. It's the food that definitely fills that for that's a real problem. But yeah, I just don't I just don't drink. I haven't missed it at all. Hayden drinks lost for for both of us, correct, But I just just I'm off it and I don't miss it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so good. Doesn't drink at all, really hasn't for a very very very long time. And when you are a partner of someone who doesn't drink for whatever reason, if you love them a lot, you are you're sometimes stuck. You're like, Okay, I don't want to do this around them. I don't want to enable them.
Speaker 3: Would he be tempted?
Speaker 1: I think so potentially. So when we're out at venues like last night, he's very comfortable. But when we're at home, I basically the day he decided he wasn't drinking anymore was the day that I never drink at home again. And so it actually kind of works out because now I'm like a little bit fitter than I was before.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm a bit like that with my Sean because he doesn't not drink, but he certainly is a lot more lightweight than me. And so because I'm like, oh, well, he's still going on that drink, I would normally go for a top up. Now I have a think a moment, but I'm like, I better pace myself because I look like a real grounk if I've had like the all the amount of drinks that it's had him to have one you.
Speaker 1: Want to be on the same level. It's not one person is a wastecase and you're the superle That was Bardigra.
Speaker 2: After we left the Jack Vision party, We're in Surrey Hills and Hayden's like, I'm much drunk than new Let's go get some frozen yuggurt. Well yeah he could have a drop, no, but you can hang out with a tipsy person totally. If you hang out with a blind person, you're a blind partner, then I'm suddenly the full time care or yeah, why being and the whole. So we ended up at Yeah Yo Chi frozen yogurt getting coconut yogurt at eleven thirty Matogram night. It's great. It was actually I did I did a service to the Gaze because they closed the doors earlier. It was like eleven thirty. They were closing at midnight, and all these guys like banging on the dog give me like it's like a zombie movie, like need their frozer. And then I'm sitting round in front of that green push to open button because I had and I you were. The staff were furious because they wanted to close, so then all these gays would run in and then the doors would close, and then like another horde had build up and I just go thing, all these gays would filter in. She asked me to stop.
Speaker 3: Oh hoo, why would they close at eleven thirty? They could make a killing a mato grand night because there were so many people to serve. Oh right, they weren't closed. They were just pacing it.
Speaker 2: They were you know, they were shutting it because by the time they'd serve the customers that were already there, it would be midnight. So if they left the door open, they just would never stop. Said, I mean, they should have stayed up into five am.
Speaker 1: Can we just have a quick conversation about this country's bullshit relationships and not having food available for us late at night drunk.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's some weird Mandela effects shit going on because I went to a porto on Oxford Street at two am and it was closed.
Speaker 3: Oh, and people were like, oh, yeah, they closed it. One I was like, I swear to fucking God, I've stumbled in there at four am.
Speaker 6: Both of us have been there, yes, And.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like, no, it's always closed it one SI fucking I swear I've been in there when the sun's rising.
Speaker 2: I feel like a gallo new to Like it's always the chicken shops, They're always open. What do you find it a problem?
Speaker 1: Well, from the States New York, LA, where it's twenty four to seven availability, I want to be four o'clock drunk. I want to be six in the morning drunk. I want whatever time I want food. It needs to be there for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in the States, like these places, including restaurants I've worked at make a killing half drunk, people who like will fall in or like I have a pasta please.
Speaker 3: Like nah, not in Sydney might lookout loss in any state.
Speaker 1: I'm over it.
Speaker 2: I will say I did feel that Sydney was back to its former glory at the opening party. Yeah, it felt alive.
Speaker 1: Good, Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Because those lockout laws were dark fucking days.
Speaker 1: The overall consensus was that it was like one of the better parades and parties and people were having a really good time. That's wonderful. I was at home sleeping.
Speaker 2: You didn't attend the parade.
Speaker 1: I did not know well, you know me, I you know this, But I don't do crowds. I cannot make social anxiety. It's like way too much for me.
Speaker 4: That's why I whenever wear an event and you're there, I just latch onto high someone I know who is happy to be on my wavelength.
Speaker 2: I need to.
Speaker 1: That's why we can't drink too much. That's why I need to hide in the corner with people who just want to chat. Yeah, but like large, large crowds like that will just spiral me, which is a bummer because you miss out on those opportunities.
Speaker 3: It also brings out a really nasty side of me. I'll start elbowing people. I don't give a fuck, like if I'm trying to get a good spot for mine Aground'm like, no, I'm ruthless.
Speaker 2: I love that you quit your DAT would make you have that in common. You both quit your day jobs. We have a full time content creation Yeah, Sean, the shan of it all? Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, How did you think I could write a book?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: Fuck it now, I'd say, don't Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it being shocking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the self disciplined to write a bloody book?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: And did someone edit it? I would take that so personally if they changed my words.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was the hardest part for sure.
Speaker 2: How do they deliver the news like we canna cut the part where you talk about the grief of the loss of XYZ.
Speaker 1: So they had a call the first time, but they basically it's just like in uh what is it called like changes in word documents? Oh, you don't like to read every single one one at a time, one at a time, one at a time. The good news is is my editor legend lesbian soon to be mother who found out her wife was pregnant two days after she got my book deal. So whatever she said, I was like, she's she's an hour, Like she gets it. Yeah, Whereas if it was a straight person be like, how dare you trying to take that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I just basically went with it. But anytime someone's like, I remember that most traumatic moment you had in your life? Can you make it a little bit funnier? And you're like, where's the punch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know you were in America Dream nine to eleven, but we would have drag brunch that Homan. Can you be are you comfortable stretch of making it happen? That's my problem. I embellish everything. I would embellish my life story and it's facts.
Speaker 3: So people could just go back and be like that memory should I have to double check it with everyone.
Speaker 1: That's then the heart. I mean that the number of details you need about personal things in your life to be able to write a story, write all the little elements, since you're constantly having to call people and be like, so remember when this happened, that didn't happen, Sehan, I'm like, are you sure? They have to go and find the videos or find the pictures and really confirm every single detail and then legally contact every single person who's in it. Oh, every quote, every sentence, every email that.
Speaker 3: Did anyone get on Naki Like, nah, I don't want to be in your book.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we're going to just not talk about that one publicly. You know, there are some humans for sure who are like, actually, it's your story and you should speak your truth. But I could have negative ramifications on some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, true. Did you go back and read a whole bunch of really good autobiographies?
Speaker 1: I did, and I isolated my favorite writers. A huge Nora Ephron fan. Love Lena Dunham's writing. Very big fan of Anthony Bourdain's first book, Parts Unknown No Parts un I think so yeah, I'm blinking either way. Love their writing style, like very big fan of that youthful almost like colloquial extra comma uses that makes you feel like you understand their tone. I read all three of those like three times. So I read them, started writing, and then at my halfway point, read all three again just so I could get into this is what you're trying to do, smart choice.
Speaker 3: Well, you read three books three times?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that's like the thirtieth time I read all three of those books.
Speaker 2: Did you potentially look into hiring one of the ghost writers.
Speaker 1: That gets brought up for sure in the beginning?
Speaker 3: Oh? Really, yeah, Like I think anyone like always an influence three Country.
Speaker 1: The problem was is they found me through my writing. At the time, I was writing for Mama Mea a lot, and so they found all that, sliced it together and like, oh, there's actually just a book. If you take these like fifteen articles, there's a book right here. So I think they just were like, oh, you can write, which you know.
Speaker 4: The craziest one literally did that. She used to write like a Sunday column in the paper and then release a book which was literally just back to back all of her columns in one book.
Speaker 1: I like the way to do it.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is so lovey, so smart, so clever. Oh my god, let's just get our fucking podcast transcribed and write a coffee table book.
Speaker 1: I mean you can, you should.
Speaker 2: Well, that was an idea. We had to do a coffee table book for this podcast with just all the is it just me? And then it's conversation or ide was a card game? So then you so that it's you're the party and you is it just me? Or your question? My question? And then people your emerg.
Speaker 1: Did well, So I feel like this would do well.
Speaker 3: Do what about a coffee table book of all the things better than drugs?
Speaker 2: And oh that actually that's really good. Well, the next merch we've spoken about putting the list we're going to do on.
Speaker 3: The page for rimming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a picture of my asshole?
Speaker 2: Can you apply that?
Speaker 1: I already you already have it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I scan that too. All right, Well, because we love you, I think you're coming again.
Speaker 3: That's great for sticking around.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy did you listen to any of the show pre coming on here?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: Listen before?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: Well, we hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today.
Speaker 2: That's all. So we do we do We'll see you next week. Everyone. Bye Cachu Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.