Speaker 1: You don't think you're a musician.
Speaker 2: I remember that, But then after that you just said they do music.
Speaker 3: I do music, So another words, you're a musician.
Speaker 1: No, okay, what's a procedure.
Speaker 3: This is Roden Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 4: Here we go Thursday, or as Gabby likes to call it, Friday Eve. Just like that, Good morning Gabby, Good morning, Hello Renee in the newsroom this morning, welcome back. See Gabby's upsetting you. As soon as you've finished the update, just then, she was showing you something and you recoiled.
Speaker 2: I I don't know what to say about it. I don't know how to feel. I'm a bit upset. I'm a bit traumatized by some pictures she's shown me. Online are saying what it is.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what it is, but we do know the people in Culture Department otherwise known as HR, are intrigued.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Women's Weekly Birthday Cake book because the coins are coming out today right and I was like, have you seen the failed versions of the Ekidney cake that you get in the book, because people and I was saying, how I'm going to start doing these cakes on my daughter's birthday? But I won't do them as well as they look in the book. So I pulled up the ones of the kidners that people have done that look terrifying because instead of having like a long snouty nose thing that the Echidna has, instead they've just put like the lolly teeth. You've got to see it, and that the spikes are wrong. Hold on, hold my computer upstatee.
Speaker 4: Lolly teeth terrifying even Oh that is that's Renee's right. That is absolutely offencive on every level. It's insane teeth in any thing at all? Is are they meant to be lollly teeth in the actual recipe? Okay, so don't stray so far from the book. You have the book, Renee, you made anything from it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have it in here with me this morning. I have made the farmyard one, you know, with the little plastic horses and stuff in the center, and I had a couple made for me. I had the piano made for me, and the sweet shop I remember that was shasting thing.
Speaker 4: Well, we've begun to have a look through, you know, some of the stuff that's been posted by the Royal Australian Mint online and it is amazing because you do remember your faves and then you remember the ones that were too complicated for mum. I wish I could say mums and dads Dad's thirteen ten sixty if you were a dad back in the day and you actually successfully achieved any of this, but they were too hard.
Speaker 1: I wanted the duck, which was like three d ducks sitting after.
Speaker 4: Give it the chip bill, Yeah, you need to find the right shaped chips that said in twenty twenty five you would use a pringle. Of course, you'd use a print.
Speaker 1: Sure, that would make it better.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Emily Martin, the acting CEO of the Royal Australian Mint, joining us later in the show, Baby Wears heading down. If you're listening and you've camped out and you're in the queue, he's bringing Brecky next.
Speaker 1: Yeah on us yep, before.
Speaker 4: Of course, and there's that. Thank you very much to McDonald's Prian sponsors, proud sponsors of the show. Before we go any further, I don't know if you'll be covering this in the news room, Renee, but we bored a big Brother a long time ago, but this could be the key to its resurgence.
Speaker 1: Cap well could it because they are bringing it back to the Gold Coast. They've had it in Sydney for the last couple of years. They built this like warehouse and there's a lot of complaints about noise and whatnot because it was in nature, disturbing the animals anyway, complaints the animals. I guess it's been an interesting phone call. No, they've decided to bring you out to the Gold Coast. But the original house burned down a few years ago. It was like completely abandoned. It was then completely graffited and destroyed, and then it burned down in a suspicious fire. So they're not using the old house that they originally used, but they potentially could build one the same.
Speaker 2: I went to the old one. Did you a dream world? Because yeah, when I was eighteen, so literally about twenties.
Speaker 4: Not long ago now, Oh yes, but what a spectacle to go where you see a TV show being Yes.
Speaker 2: Sat in the diary what do you call it the diary room?
Speaker 3: Diary room?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hot dogs in there to the diary room. And then hot dogs been there going yes, big brother looking nervous, and then big Brother give him a dumb challenge, but he can't tell anyone else about it. That's right, and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: Differently this time around, though, because you don't need the corridors for the cameramen because they've got automatic cameras now. If they don't need people behind the double the one way glass, you.
Speaker 4: Give me, you wouldn't ever need to bill at all, because you know how many viewers. So Calm and I under the Gold Coast and that's the important Rod.
Speaker 3: And Gabby versus the.
Speaker 4: World Baby Wears is joined us for the first time in months. You're back from Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, guys, you tan.
Speaker 4: I felt like yesterday you had the tan. You've been back for how long now? A couple of weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, been back.
Speaker 6: This is my second week back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I thought yesterday I said to you, I said, you're losing the tan. And then you've come in today and you look more tanned. Is this a temptation after doing the European tour and having so many people compliment, you know, your Canberra winter tan because it stands out even more, would you consider, you know, maybe putting a bit of bit of tanning lotion on? What is it, Gaby? What do you put on? Fake tan? Look? I'll never reveal my secrets.
Speaker 6: But it is crazy what can come out of a bottle of these days.
Speaker 4: Well, you've done a fantastic job.
Speaker 1: However natural as you're I mean this is.
Speaker 4: I assume that the Australian Woman's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake cookbook spans all generations. You're familiar, it aren't you.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if I've ever quite seen the book, but I feel like it's probably something my mum would have whipped out for a few birthday parties back in the day.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I love that isn't aware that he probably has had these cakes. Your mom's just kept it on.
Speaker 1: The d L and that's smart because when you give the kid free rain to pick the cake, you know you're in for a chalice.
Speaker 4: A lot of unnecessary challenges. For the first time this morning, let's go to produce a Chelsea in the producers booth. You're only about ten days older than baby werez. Did you have the book? Did you and Rachel when you were little?
Speaker 5: I also have never seen the book, but Mum, I think like Wes would have shown us, and I think we actually think we have had one of the cakes.
Speaker 1: I've just never seen the book.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of Mum's not making a big deal.
Speaker 1: I get it. We didn't have free rain. No, that's like my mum probably learnt her lesson when I think she actually stuck pages together purpose like oh no, it still has a bit of asing on that and then that way we would see that one to pick.
Speaker 4: Oh that's Jean.
Speaker 1: So but you know, we as the next generation, know that you don't give free rein to the kids, you pick it yourself.
Speaker 4: So what this book's been around since before any of us were around. So this was around in the late.
Speaker 1: Sixties and you're around a long time.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. And so today if you're learning of this for the first time, and it's been all over the TV the last week or two. I saw it on I think Fair a couple of weeks ago, or a couple of nights ago, I should say, and you'll see it again today on the TV as the eyes of the nation turned to our royal Australian Mint and there are we don't know how many people queuing up out the front. You're going to go down there now, baby wets. Yeah, yeah, gonna head down there now.
Speaker 6: Got a little bit of a present for everyone.
Speaker 1: All right, well, if you're in the freezing cold this morning lining up for these coins, like, I get it. The coins are going to be hot property, so you do need to line up if you want one, but it is dedication to be doing it in a morning like this. Oh yeah, so you deserve a little prissy.
Speaker 4: You take macas breaky down with you.
Speaker 6: I will be Yep, got got some nice warm macs brecky for everyone.
Speaker 4: In a vaguely related subject, peak chicken is upon us with the new mcwings at macas.
Speaker 1: Have you seen these? I look really good like crispy chicken wings. I just saw an ad for it on the Telly.
Speaker 4: Boneless it looks like it. There's a bone in there.
Speaker 5: There's a bone in there.
Speaker 4: Produce Chelsea. You've tried these, have you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: But they've been all over my TikTok for you page because there's the new ranch sauce as well that everyone's trying. So yeah, they're not boneless.
Speaker 1: Well like it, no bone, it looks like good.
Speaker 4: Chicken, the cumulative Oh it was all the endorsements that the new wings there what do they call the mcwings? What they mcwings? Rod mcwings.
Speaker 1: It's pretty obvious that MACS that's right.
Speaker 4: Baby, weez. Get on your bike, mate, or the car probably better at this time in the morning, and we'll cross down to you in just a moment. Sarah Jessica park was on Howard Stern yesterday. Everyone's angry. It's Sarah Jessica Parker. This doesn't happen. Yeah, everyone's angry at how all the time.
Speaker 1: No, people have been mad at her for different things over the years.
Speaker 4: Well, she must be used to it, but I was surprised to see what did SJP do that shocked Howard Sterner. Sarah Jessica Parker was on the Howard Stern Show in the US yesterday, and invariably Howard will say something and a guest will get, you know, offended. I think everyone's used to Howard at this stage, and so.
Speaker 1: You're getting offended.
Speaker 4: They're used to being asked questions that they wouldn't be in other environs. He isn't they have the FCC, which is their federal Communications mob that govern whatever is broadcast on their radio stations. He is an on radio, he's on satellite, so.
Speaker 1: He no way what a loophole.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a fantastic loophole. Hence why he left the Freedoware Radio and went to the scene.
Speaker 1: He has no regulations, He can do what he wants. What wow, how do we get that?
Speaker 4: Go to America, get to the back of the Q I suppose so everyone knows when you go in there and the biggest stars in the world going there. She's she's promoting another spin off of Sex and the Suit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's like the third season of just like that. Right, So we've had a couple of seasons. Now this one she's promoting pretty heavily because it's gone on to Max. Hb it. Well, I guess maybe it was already on Max in the States, but in Australia it was on Binge up until now.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, so with the assistance of the beep button, we will take a listen to a snippet. And I don't know whether or not she's offended or she's a liar, but people have turned on her. Oh yeah, as a result of one of Howard's questions around a scene where SJP in the role of Carry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I know what scene you're going to talk about.
Speaker 4: Well, she's having relations yep.
Speaker 1: Right, then he's in a property and.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you've tried a long distance relations.
Speaker 1: You've got to get you got to hit the spark a live.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, after a certain period of time you get creative. And so the story checks out as far it's the name of the show is Sex in the City.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's just like.
Speaker 4: That, that's the same thing. Fanatically, they're all the same characters doing the same stuff. Yeah, so it all makes sense. So let's not be prudish about this. God knows how it's not.
Speaker 7: This is such a weird moment where he's having phone sex with you and he's about to, you know, play with himself when he's talking to you and he licks his hand, he takes his tongue and he starts licking his hand and then he plays with his Did you do you know he did that in that thing? Because you probably filmed it. And have you seen this scene at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I've not seen that?
Speaker 7: Is that really true? You really have not seen it.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen more of Sex and the City ever, and I haven't seen and just like that, so I don't know.
Speaker 7: This is the first I'm hearing about that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, No way is at the first She's hearing about it. Everyone's been talking about it. Well from the moment it happens.
Speaker 4: Let's go to fans of the show. Here they are. They have gone off.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 4: If she doesn't watch it, why would I end?
Speaker 1: Well, I get the idea that you don't want to watch yourself on screen, Like if if it's your job, you don't necessarily have to watch it. I don't have any issue with that. However, she is an executive producer, so it's kind of her job to watch it and make sure that it's okay. But but if this is just her lying to get out of answering that question, good on her, because what else are you going to say about that. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to see it. I've seen it. I regret seeing it.
Speaker 4: I never want to see it again as an actor. Yeah, that's the worst lie I've ever.
Speaker 3: Seen versus the world.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nate. Good morning everyone. That's sad news that Brian Wilson has passed away. Made it to his eighties, did he yeah?
Speaker 2: Eighty two. So the statement that came out about it didn't say anything about the cause of death or we know. I'm pretty sure he did have dementia diagnosed with that a while ago. But of course frontman and founding member of the Beach Boys. Now I feel like this wasn't so much my time, but I remember my dad listening to a lot of the Beach Boys, Like I would hear a couple of songs and be like, oh yeah, Dad loved listening to that.
Speaker 4: So this is the sixties before all our time, unless, of course, you are one of our boomer listeners. And I tell you everyone who we have listened to in one way or another has Brian Wilson to thank for what we've been hearing. As far as pop music is concerned, this is the OG version. I loved Diamond David Lee Roth's version, but of course you get pop music was the devil's music to a generation, and so you know, they weren't allowed on TV pop artists to perform their songs and those sorts of things. And when you look in the context of music history, it was the Beach Boys that were the first that were invited onto those Tonight shows to perform these songs live, and all of a sudden they made pop music acceptable to the mainstream. And Paul McCartney himself has said as far as those four part harmonies that the Beach Boys made famous, they applied that to the Beatles, and then of course everyone has been influenced by the nature correct version, every boy band in the world, and then of course with all the spinoffs. I'm talking to you, Robbie Williams, I'm talking to you justin Timbway. It all started with this guy, and so what an incredible legacy. He leaves and sadly not with us today. But if you're going to this cause for celebration eighty two, I reckon we'll all take it solid not.
Speaker 2: I reckon good innings.
Speaker 1: We should play one of the Beach Boys songs.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a funny one.
Speaker 1: You considered it right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that we will. But do you remember what was the show with Uncle Jesse and the Olsen Twins Full House, Full House, and so the Beach the Beach Boys did an did an episode where they were guests on there because Uncle Jesse in the show played the drums, but in real life also played the drums for the Beach Boys for a tour. And I think he actually Uncle Jesse what's his name, Stemos, John Stamos. He played the drums in the recording. This is Uncle Jesse. Yeah in Kokomote.
Speaker 1: Oh how cool. I had a dance to this with my sister when we were young. I couldn't remember it now, but yeah, we But it's funny.
Speaker 4: You're right when you're a kid in any wedding that you went to. Yeah, you know the band was playing.
Speaker 1: It's funny because every time I hear this song, I think, if the it wouldn't be nice if the world would chocolate.
Speaker 2: I don't know the original words. I only know the Cadbury words.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't have been nice if the world was The thing I love about that is there's a chocolate guy walking along and then a dog comes up and goes and jumps and he grabs the dog. Me there and bite out of the dog, and then the dog jumps down and runs off.
Speaker 1: I remember that. That's pretty dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can say if you're a chocolate dog, I mean what expect I am donne. This is still a thing. How long is how long have you been at the new house?
Speaker 1: House? For two years? It's definitely been over two years now because we bought the house while I was pregnant, because I was very heavily pregnant while trying to do some renovations, and Olivia is nineteen months now, so I had for two years. It's on new housing, not a new house anymore. However, the people who owned before us, their mail is still coming and it's coming thick and fast. So I think I've mentioned it before that they're getting more male than we are because we don't get that much mail anymore.
Speaker 4: No one does.
Speaker 1: No one does. They do, and they get a lot of mail and it's all coming to our mailbox and it's very frustrating. But the worst happened the other day. My husband came in, is like, what do we do here? Because we've been returning to what we were returning to sender for a good six months. And then I drew the line. I'm like, we have been returning to sender for six months. I'm not going to that effort anymore. If you haven't put a redirect in or changed your address, that's on you. I've covered for you for six months.
Speaker 4: Guys, they clearly don't want it.
Speaker 1: No, but it's like it's like a range of things. It is a full range of things. And yesterday I think we've received like a bank card in the mail at one point a new Medicare card. I'm assuming because it was for Medicare and you could feel the card in the envelope like things like that, like important things are coming to this mailbox.
Speaker 4: Will your cards expired? You want the replacement card?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anyway, the real problem came this week because something came through from the hospital. Ah what it is? Because you know I'd open other people's mail, which I would never do anyway, but this thing has come through and it's got the hospital's logo on the envelope, so we know it's from the hospital. It could be some really important medical information if it was in cot be a bill.
Speaker 4: Well, it could be that. And here's why I don't want it. If it was really important, like if you're at the hospital and you're like, okay, send me the results by the way.
Speaker 1: By mail straight away. Now send me by mail so I get it in two weeks time.
Speaker 4: If you send you think about this for a second. My old man's obviously been struggling with some health and he received a thing in the mail this is the Victorian Health system and said we're going to need to see you. The earliest time is some dating twenty two twenty six, because like, well, it's clearly not an urgent problem, and so this and that's the thing. If it's urgent, they're not going to use the snail mail, I hope.
Speaker 1: But it still could be important, like booking in an appointment for.
Speaker 4: Too too late?
Speaker 1: What do you mean too late?
Speaker 4: Could have dropped dead by then? So I said to Dad, So, jeez, may you need to make it that far? He laughed. He said, well, you know, let's do all we can do here.
Speaker 1: Got to have goals.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Can we talk to our lawyers and see if we can go through this? If we don't reveal the names.
Speaker 1: Are we allowed to open the mail?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: It's illegal to open someone else's mail, That's.
Speaker 4: What I'll say. It's gonna be a pretty short.
Speaker 1: Coming no matter what comes through or who is. If it's not addressed to you, it's a legal to open it, Okay, if we if we can, I put a block on it, Like can I go to the post office and put a block on any of their mail come into my mailbox? You can I do that?
Speaker 4: You can put a block on thirteen ten to sixty. If anyone knows the answer to any of these things, if you have been managing mail for two years, had to stop it? Stop it or or can we go through it?
Speaker 1: You on the latter, I know you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm intrigued enough Chelsea, we get someone who knows how to fix this to it. Let's we'll get to the game in a second. Let's go to Zach in Queen Beean. Zach, have you come up with a solution as to how to sort out mail stopping at your house that's not yours?
Speaker 9: I have so this used to happen to me at my old premises in Queenbian And basically you just call up the post office and say, listen, I'm receiving mail from the previous tenant. If I could just put a block on it, that'd be appreciated the post office.
Speaker 4: Well done, great, Okay, so you can put a block. I mean you can put a block on every different social media platform. You've got to be able to put a block on with Australia Post.
Speaker 1: Right, surely, yeah you could. Oh okay, It's like it's effort, but it's less effort to make one phone call than to keep dealing with this mail that keeps coming through and the theer to open it.
Speaker 9: I do think we should open the mail. The hospital stuff is.
Speaker 4: It's intriguing that it's interesting. We could save a life, sack, we could.
Speaker 9: I mean, we've got to be the person that saved the life, like convincing you got.
Speaker 4: Mate, and there would be a badge of honey you'd wear for the rest of your life. You tell stories at dinner parties. I saved a life. Well everyone has that story, all right, Zak, we'll talk the lawyers. I reckon it's going to be a dead end that you're with me, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 4: There's been a post that's blown up around the world, but perhaps specifically Australia, as we've been called out for our sushi.
Speaker 1: Oh what's wrong with our sushi?
Speaker 4: Well it turns out there's something wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Tell me you live in Osrala. Without telling me you live in Australia.
Speaker 3: When this starts to look normal to you.
Speaker 4: Now she's pointing at a picture of our sushi. That's our sushi, roles sushi that you will get.
Speaker 1: The food court or whatever, right going on TikTok And I saw someone called this Australian sushi, and I like, for a second, I was like, what, basically Australians this lily.
Speaker 4: Pup, Yeah, that's our sushi. What she's got an amazed face.
Speaker 1: I do love that called Australian sushi. I thought it was just sushi.
Speaker 4: Well if you google it that ours is different. By the way to pump up the jam in the background.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I forget this wasn't normal.
Speaker 4: It's normal here. So anyway, it turns out they don't do it like that anywhere else. It's interesting in Japan on a geary is triangular rice wrapped sushi is similar to our role. So it is really similar. And a number of Japanese people did come to our defense said I've moved to Australia. Yeah, I was freaked out too, but it could not be more convenient. It is convenient, so convenience.
Speaker 1: Pick it up and have a bite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were in the firing line for a hot minute. Turns out it's a really good thing, and so the rest of the world catch up.
Speaker 1: They will, they'll look at it and go white and then they take a second and actually.
Speaker 4: Australian sushi is leading the way to that. Well get eight if you're leaving your house. If you park in the drive, you park out the front, or you're in the garage and you're just about to take the car out, just understand you're about to enter a scene from Silent Hill, the single most terrifying video game I've ever played. Hello Renee from the newsroom this morning, once again, Was it foggy where you were when you woke up this morning?
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: I was just saying to Chasey, like, coming in, I mean, it was pretty dark, but it's still seemed pretty clear, nothing like what we're seeing outside at the moment.
Speaker 1: I couldn't go more than sixty the whole way in this morning really was the longest drive to work of my life.
Speaker 4: It was very thick. But I literally I go out of the garage and then I will get out of the car right just to survey close the garage door, make everything's cool.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, you can't do that from inside the car.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like visibility's goodness, So I get I get out, and I got it. I had the scarf, the whole thing. I get out for like it's like ten seconds, fifteen tops. I got out and I audibly said, without even thinking, Silent Hell. It looked like the video game.
Speaker 1: Why would you get out of the car and it looks like that.
Speaker 4: It looked like a horror scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're placing yourself right in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was. I was, but exhilarating fun. That's why people like that.
Speaker 1: Even on the edge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know me, ten seconds at three point thirty am, anything can happen. Dear, what is a location that's a real problem Los Angeles at the moment with the protests. So what's the update from overnight.
Speaker 2: Ongoing, guys, So police have made mass arrests the protests and continuing over the Trump administration's immigration rates. Now an overnight curfew is now in place in downtown LA because they had all the looting and vandal like people vandalizing things and stuff like that. Now from what we're hearing this morning, similar protests are now starting up in other parts, so from coast to coast, with more planned around the US this week. So it doesn't look like it's calming down anytime soon at the minute.
Speaker 4: Hard to know problem. You've got such a divided country and a divided media over there, and normally you can obviously defer to the country's leader for a bit of straight talk. But because there's so much misinformation coming out of the White House, it appears listening to the journalists American and Australian, it's peaceful protests. Yeah, And ironically the trouble is coming from the authorities, not National Guard, yeah, not the LA, not the California authorities, but the ones that the White House is sending it anyway on an infinitely I don't know, somewhat lighter note, the world's biggest TikToker, Carbi Lame has one one hundred and sixty million followers whoa and immigration officials over there claim they've arrested him in.
Speaker 1: That's a lie. He voluntarily left the country on Friday, so he's actually gotten himself out of there. But they did definitely have words with him because he had overstayed his visa and so they were like, you've got to get out, and he was like, I'm getting out before these mass arrests were happening.
Speaker 4: It's not a wild time that. So this is the official statement from ICE, the Customs Enforcement mob there. It says, quote US Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained Syring caban Lame, twenty five, a citizen of Italy. He's a Senegalese Italian, a citizen of Italy, June sixth, Harry Reid International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada for immigration violations. So they claim they locked him up for a minute.
Speaker 1: Well maybe they did before he voluntarily left, I guess.
Speaker 4: So check this out.
Speaker 1: He's crazy.
Speaker 4: His management have come out and said he wasn't even there in June.
Speaker 1: What is happening.
Speaker 4: I don't envy you, mate, You've got your hands full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying aside for release, it's actually happening.
Speaker 2: It's more confusing now Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 4: That's why the Sydney real estates being called out as cringe.
Speaker 1: Today there's a couple of agents that have done a video that they've put up Natasha and Jazz Jasmine, who I don't know if they're trying to be selling Sunset or I'm not sure the vibe they're going for, but they've put a video up because they've rented out a house that's about fifty k's outside of Sydney's CBD and it seems to have gone for quite a price. It's like over fourteen hundred dollars a week to rent this place. It's a six bedroom house, So I guess.
Speaker 4: That's in Sydney.
Speaker 1: I guess that's normal. Fifty k's out of Sydney. That's still Sydney, though. But I'll let you watch the video and we'll get your take on it, and then I'll give a little bit of context as to where it's come from that may be missing from people's opinions if they've just seen this particular eclipped.
Speaker 4: All right, why Ossie's have erupted a pair of glamorous real estate agents.
Speaker 1: Jasmine, did you list this for fourteen fifty?
Speaker 2: You leased it for fourteen fifty, the one with no pool in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: And a job site next door? Yeah, yeah, fourteen fifty, Well done, B two left one V one. So they're gloating over the fact that they've rented it out for such a high price in a video that people are saying is very out of touch because they're having a laugh at people's expense that they're managed to get it through that price.
Speaker 4: They've forgotten people can see this.
Speaker 1: Well, see the context is missing. They put a video up before this that said would you pay fourteen fifty for this house? And it was one of those videos where they go through and they show you the beautiful interior and the backyard and whatever, and all the comments were not all but a lot of the comments were people saying it's overpriced. There's not even a pool, it's in the middle of nowhere. You're going to get I wouldn't pay for this price. This is a cheek or talk to the comments. It came out of the original I'm like, what you got that. It doesn't even have a pool and it's in the middle of nowhere. So they're actually having a goal with the people that comments it's import but that's completely out of like the way when people just see this video and they're like, you're just being really obnoxious, Yes, and rude about the fact that you've rented it out above what the price point should have been.
Speaker 4: You can't trust that. We're going to scroll backwards in context. No, you need to put that bit at the start and then we go good for you sticking it to the troll's degrees away from you're the trolls. No, you're sticking into the trials. So I'm on their side, but I'm still angry. I think you know, put the thing at the start. We're about to cross to our Royal Australian Mint where Baby Wears is celebrating with those who have cued since I don't even know how early to get the coins. Paying tribute today to the Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake cookbook, and I found this incredible old video. Pamela Clark was the person who came up with this video as a very young lady back in the late sixties. Yeah, came up with this book, I should say, and she tells the most extraordinary story that highlights how things are a little bit different all these decades later when it comes to you know what you get with a cookbook, right.
Speaker 8: We had a lot of phones in the test kitchen. There must have been about six or seven lines, and the phones were going all of the time from people who needed help, advice, recipes.
Speaker 4: They put the number on the inside of the back of the cookbook and if you were struggling with the duck cake, no way, you called the Australian Women's Weekly Kitchen where the women who had created the cakes were there taking the calls and talking it through. Finished the cake.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is amazing. I would need that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we would. It's bad luck because it's not anymore. A YouTube that was the sixties baby wears how many people are queuing waiting to get these coins today?
Speaker 6: I reckon there's about forty people waiting in line for this new coin release.
Speaker 4: It's getting pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Forty people. I don't I expected more. But because it's so cold out there, I do understand why the lines a little less than I thought it would be. I would be there right now if I could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it? Yeah? It is freezing a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Reckon that people will start to rock up a bit closer to when there'll.
Speaker 1: Be oces like eight am.
Speaker 4: Well, we shouted everyone down there breakfast this morning. Were you were you greeted? Were you given a hero's welcome as you've turned up there with the macers breaking?
Speaker 6: Yeah, lots of people were very excited. It's freezing at the moment, and those muffins were extremely warm. Definitely were warming up my hands as I held up the bag.
Speaker 4: Did you did you take extra catchups? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, there was condiments to go around.
Speaker 4: Extra What tomato sauce? Ah, you know you buy a Mac's tomato sauce, it says catch up on it. You gotta order, you gotta order the ketchups. Ah, you turn up without the catch, you'd be booed out of them. It's free, they go, where's the extra ketchup? Because you have those mup ands. You got to put him on there, all right? You made a friend there? Who's there? Yes, I'm here with Brian at the moment.
Speaker 6: I'll just give him the headphones.
Speaker 4: Let's have a chat to Brian. Find out where in the queue he is. Get a Brian, can you hear us? Yes? Okay? What time did you arrive this morning?
Speaker 10: Seven o'clock this morning?
Speaker 4: That's civilized? How far back in the QA? Probably about halfway in the yeah?
Speaker 1: Around twenty people in front of him.
Speaker 4: Do you know what time? The guys at the front of the queue the time they had.
Speaker 10: Show some of the diehards get here five?
Speaker 4: That's yep, that's the sort of silly thing i'd do.
Speaker 1: So are you and Avid queen collector? Is it's just a really special point that you're hands.
Speaker 10: I'm a coin collector?
Speaker 4: Nice and you were can Baron or did you travel here for cam Beron? Is it the greatest home ground advantage, the fact that you know everyone else around Australia is I can't get to the Australian mind, will stif chatter. We get to because we're Canbarns.
Speaker 10: There is a factor, yes that we do have an advantage being able to come to the Minton line.
Speaker 4: As a collector. You're on the forums and stuff. Do you do the other coin collectors around Australia? Are they jealous of us?
Speaker 10: There's opportunities for them to get in the ballot, but right for the eq EL ballot and.
Speaker 4: Other dealers around very diplomatic b other sort themselves out. We're in Canbra we get them.
Speaker 1: There's twelve coins with the cakes on them that are being released today. Do you want to get your hands on all twelve or would you just be happy?
Speaker 10: I'll get the proof one in the on the book and that's only coming out in the book, and then the twelve coins in the box.
Speaker 1: And there's that two dollar coin that you can only get a News Express.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's also in the box.
Speaker 1: Oh like the recipe box. Oh that looks so cool.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll get some more information about that extra little thing that a lot of people don't realize from Emily Martin, the acting CEO of the Royal Australian Mint, who I assume is feeling very popular.
Speaker 8: She is.
Speaker 4: She is bunkered down inside. You guys want to get inside. How was Brecky good?
Speaker 10: Yeah, happy McDonald is providing the muffins.
Speaker 4: That's good at them.
Speaker 1: Give us the cuance.
Speaker 4: Macis did a great job. They sponsored the show when they footed the bill today. I don't forget the peak chicken is upon us with the new mcwings at macas not that you had wings for Brecky mate. Thank you for the inside today. Good luck, the doors will open and you'll be well rewarded for your early start today. Stay warm out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Rod and Gabby versus the.
Speaker 4: World, it's a timely reminder to point out. Earlier in the week we checked out the temperature in Antarctica with the kiweed that's over there. And he poured the can of coke into the glass and by the time the coke ha got to the glass, it froze, and so the glass and the can were connected it as one. What was his temperature is? Minus fifty seven? Was that wrong? WHOA sorry, Gabrielle, that's better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like minus fifty seven. It was very cold, but he had no ice on his beard. So we obviously ran out and did it, filmed it and ran back in.
Speaker 4: It's true. So Renee, at the moment you're telling us that we had an apparent temperature, it feels like a minus five. This is nothing compared to Antarctica. But I don't know where we got these light rails from. What are the light rail trains? Trams?
Speaker 2: They don't like it, No, they don't like it. And obviously it gets cold in canber right we have frosty mornings. Winter has settled in, and so there were some light rail delays yesterday morning, similar to delays that we saw in August last year because of frost and ice on the overhead wires.
Speaker 1: So the ones that.
Speaker 2: Run along the top now typic. In cases like that, they get these sort of vacant trams to they're called icebreakers that run across like do it do a lap or whatever to kind of sort that out for when the people, the trams filled with the people come and use the system. And that can work in most cases, but on super duper cold mornings it doesn't always work, and so we see situations like we saw yesterday August last year and potentially again moving forward, but finer.
Speaker 1: Heat the wire like a heated tower rack.
Speaker 2: Well, aren't they great?
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 4: That's if only we could harness heated towel rack technology. Sounds yeah. Either way, the lives are going to lives are gonna have a field day with this. Did we investigate getting our light rail trams from freezing European countries?
Speaker 1: So you're gonna say, Antarctica, the penguins are riding light rail?
Speaker 4: Well it is. It is the outstanding question, you know, is this a problem that really cold climate Icelandic parts of the world encounter with their public transport infrastructure. And if it is, fine, but if we bought these from bloody Brisbane, like we did, you know, I don't know. You'ven't seen this renee if you have a look up there. We have a custom software written temperature gauge and what does it say on it?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: Because it came from Brisbane and they didn't program in the minus sign and so.
Speaker 2: Oh it's minus one right now.
Speaker 4: It's officially minus one. Feels like minus five and so you know, we don't get a minus and we only learned this the other day and we're like, oh, it's not so bad. It feels cold in the No, it doesn't have a minus side, and I fear that those who are responsible for that bit of technology also flogged us the trams on our light rail. It just don't work in the cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't trust Brisbane guys. That's the.
Speaker 4: You had an awkward encounter with a man in a hotel.
Speaker 1: Yes, today, Ye're my husband. I know it shouldn't have been awkward. I've been married for a couple of years now, I've been together for nearly eight like, it shouldn't have been awkward, but no, I had an appointment near his work, so I was like, well, i'll park at your work and i'll say hi to you afterwards because it would be towards your lunch break. And to try to call him, didn't answer. Try to call him, didn't answer. He does work in hotel.
Speaker 4: By the way, that I couldn't find he knows where I found him.
Speaker 1: In a hotel. No, he word. So I ended up messaging him and just saying I've done what he's up to. I'm just sitting in reception waiting or in like the four yar of the motel hotel, and so anyway, I hear his laugh coming from behind me and I got great. He's come down to say hi, and I turn around and he's with these two very suited people who must be I up bosses and establishing suits. And he hadn't seen my mis calls. Obviously, he didn't know that I was there. And he goes to walk past me, and he looks at me and goes, hey, how are you going? I keep talking and I know that what I was like this talker girlfriend who was just sitting in his workplace, just waiting for him to walk part many kept walking, kept walking, and then as he gets a bit past, he turns around, he goes, I'll be right back, and just kept walking and I'm like, what just happened? So then he about ten minutes later he comes back. He's like, I'm sorry, I was I was in Professional Models with the bosses. We just had a meeting, like I was with the architects and stuff.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, it's okay, you're his wife. Doesn't how professional professionals has wives too.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm a big secret in his workplace. I just I think it was expecting to see me, and he just was like, I don't know how, I don't know how to do this.
Speaker 4: I love you believe his story, so I love you believed that explanation. Ah, just so confused. Go back to the part where you are just a fantastic secret that keeps keeps a relationship excited. That's exciting. Yeah, that's right, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm just you know, I can just sneak around to the hotel with him. I don't know what he's expecting.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what he's expecting. Anyway, this is devastating you. It's not.
Speaker 3: Versus the world.
Speaker 4: I don't know whether or not you caught this yesterday, Renee. Did you see the video that Gabby has of her beautiful daughter Olivia, who is one and a half, writing an inflatable unicorn.
Speaker 2: No, I really want to see it.
Speaker 4: As soon as you see it won't if you'll notice, maybe I'm just looking at the wrong things. I was impressed with the writing of the unicorn, beautiful unicorn, and then down the bottom of the shot I noticed Gabby's disgruntled Chihuahua bear looking at the unicorn like your day is a numbered mate.
Speaker 1: Oh, he really hates the unicorn because it's a four legged thing that's bigger than.
Speaker 2: Him and it's taking some attention away.
Speaker 1: Oh that too.
Speaker 4: Well it's pink and it's got a horn. Yeah, yeah, you know, like it's it's pretty glad take him out. And it was suggested that maybe Bear the Chiual wasn't only at the unicorn and just wanted to ride it as well. So I understand there is an update today, Gabby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I did say that I should get a photo of him riding the unicorn so it could be the cover of that dog calendar that's going to be released for next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So I got that photo for you. It took a bit of photoshopping to get me out of it because I did have to hold him on the unicorn because you've gone and photoshop photoshop voluntarily ride the unicorn. Okay, but being a stage mum that I am, I forced it and then photoshops let me out of it. And so here is the cover shot for the calendar of Bear riding the unicorns.
Speaker 4: We're going to post this at Roden Gabby on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Just propped up there quite nice.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: You can kind of see where my arm's blowed, where I was hot in my fingers. You can see Undrew's chest.
Speaker 4: Not if you don't point it.
Speaker 2: Out if I've never mind that detail.
Speaker 4: That is that his front cover of any calendar worthy, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, angry people who.
Speaker 4: Like dogs, and your chiua is particularly handsome. He doesn't have weepy eyes a lot of chius get the whe Yeah, and he is clear eyed and he and he's riding a pinky unicorn. All right, Rod and Gabby on Instagram that I'll go up in the next five minutes. That is beautiful work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping for similarly good news for the for Boss, the staffy who have heard about for too long at the RSPCA today Renee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, not good news yet, but hopefully by the time word gets around it might result in good news later today or soon hopefully so. Boss lots people would have heard about him. Is a staffy bull terrier at the RSPCA today meets an unfortunate milestone. Has been there for a full year of today now. The RSPCA says it's not uncommon to have long stays like that with some of their dogs. However, it was only just a couple of years ago where it was really unusual to have a dog stay there longer than six months. So something's happened in the last couple of years. I don't know what dogs. Some dogs are staying there a bit longer, so I guess they're just using this as a push to not only try and find Boss a home, but to get people to think about adopting some of their longer term animals from the shelter.
Speaker 4: I had some anniversary music ready and I was hoping it was good news that in the one year anniversary he found a new home. But this is the case.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a bit too joyous after their animals well at the RSPCA though, like they look after them well. So he hasn't had a bad year, No, but he would love a home for sure.
Speaker 4: What's he doing?
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's something?
Speaker 4: We're going to go and meet him?
Speaker 1: We got to excuse me to dogn't it?
Speaker 4: Well? I think you know what. I'm biased. I love staff he's' had staff he's for so many years in our family and and they're just there is no happier smile on any breed of dog than a staffy. Boss the staff He would be a great addition to anyone's home, that's true. So now I wait for the good news someone in Canberra is taking Boss home and I can say.
Speaker 1: You adopt Boss. I will get you a unicorn for him to ride.
Speaker 4: I know exactly what my daughters is shouting at the radio in the car right now. We don't know Boss. I will, I will meet Boss, will work this out as a city. As a city, we will find a home for Boss. So I can play the song thank you Nate, see you soon well on such things after Chapel Rowan the Great Chihuahua Breakouts. That's a concept for a film, The Great Chihua Breakout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bears in the spotlight today the Great Chihuaara escape happened? How do I mean? My dog has been begging for attention ever since my daughter was born, and he went next level to get it. The other day I got her. I was just like, I was at home and my dog went outside to go to the toilet and my doorbell goes off and I go out the front and my neighbor was there, going are you missing a dog? And I was like, nah, it's just out the back. She's like you sure, So I started calling him and he didn't come in, and I go, how do you get out? She goes her gates open.
Speaker 4: I was like, what easiest to escape ever? Unless he was the one who opened the gate.
Speaker 1: I went out and I went to find him, and he was at the neighbor's place, and all of our houses in the strip look exactly the same. So when I got out there, he was actually on the doorstep of my neighbour's house trying to get back in, because that's what he does. He's escaped once before and he waits on the doorstep for me to let him back in it. He doesn't go far because he knows how good he's got it. He doesn't need to go anywhere else.
Speaker 4: But he waited on the neighbors to step, thinking.
Speaker 1: It was ours. I'm assuming because I get up there and he looked at me, like, where'd you come from. I was like, get out of here, and he's like and so he ran back to our doorstep and went straight back in like it wasn't hard to get him home. But then I was looking at the footage on our cameras that we have, thinking how did he get out the gate? I figured out our gate has been open for a week because that's the last time we used it when we mowed the lawn. It was a full week that it had been open, and he had not bothered to escape until that point. He had the opportunity, didn't do it.
Speaker 4: And all the great escape films, the likes of which have theme music like this.
Speaker 1: This was the most book brength of them all.
Speaker 4: None of them featured the escape route being open and unattended for a week before everyone went.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go. And then he gets out and he goes, oh no, this was a.
Speaker 4: Mistake, and then get confused and go back to a similar looking but not the same place. Dogs, I thought you were better than miss