Speaker 1: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG, Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm accustomed to the world Christian and then the aliens got me.
Speaker 3: I don't think an Acura puntry should ever take your first tack for sure.
Speaker 4: Now I can't need forts starts now.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone listening right now, Jack boasts know this. We are lucky to have Patrina Jones with us. That's every day a status update. We're lucky she walks amongst us. However, today we're lucky she's here alive. She almost got taken down with bad food poison yesterday.
Speaker 5: You're right, Pad, I'm all right, yes, can't say the same for the chicken we bought.
Speaker 2: She sent me a photo. We can't obviously share it with you on air. However, that thing had more pink in it and red than it was like white meat. I actually seriously, but you sent with the photo. I started to dry heat a very very sensitive disposition, this pomy and it doesn't take much to start. They'll put loo that's that road.
Speaker 3: How much did you bite into it already? Like, how much did you Well, that's.
Speaker 5: The trouble, Like we've had maybe half a dozen bites to we realize getting closer to the bone bits that it was.
Speaker 2: My throat started to tighten. Same, what is it about chicken? Because beef you can have you know, steate, tartar, you can have it a bit underdone or you know, medium or whatever. However, chicken, I mean you can. Have you ever had proper food poison from chicken?
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 2: It's really bad.
Speaker 4: When I was about eighteen, it was horrendous.
Speaker 2: Here's the difference, right, So this if this happened to me and I saw pink bits, I think that is terrible. I'll put that in the bin and not eat anymore. However, my wife would drive to the place and tell them, even if it meant an hour's trip. And that is where we're different, right, and you come here. I don't have any problem about doing that. But I can't do that. I should do I just haven't.
Speaker 3: I think you've done. If you've done that, Pats, you've done the right thing. But yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't bother or have the balls.
Speaker 2: I mean you could. Seriously, So what happened yesterday? So you're eating it with where they were, love God.
Speaker 4: Your husbands, with the family, and.
Speaker 2: So they order your daughter eating someone as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had a whole drumsticks and.
Speaker 2: Said the image by the way of all them just eating with their hands, probably not even off plates. People just eat drumsticks, not.
Speaker 4: Like the stone. No, we'd eating it, and I know.
Speaker 5: I said to my husband, this is just this is disgusting, and he said, you know what, We'll just just throw it out wiping.
Speaker 2: Underdone.
Speaker 3: If you don't want it, I'll have.
Speaker 5: It, you know what I'm like. And I said, no, this isn't good enough. They'll make someone sick if then maybe they're not aware of it. So I was actually my jarmys. So I got dressed again and Chris is like, I can't believe you're bothering with this, and I said, no, it's the principle of the matter. It's not the money. So I yeah, I went back up there and just made them aware that they need to cook it a bit.
Speaker 2: And did you put your um re fairs cape on as well before you went down consumer lady? Is it to do? Yeah, you're underplaying. Okay, you're underplaying what went in when you went down there?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you are underplaying.
Speaker 2: Come on, because you are not the mild manager. You know I just went down.
Speaker 3: I just thought you should know, just in case I.
Speaker 2: Was just near death.
Speaker 4: But well, look, you know me. Well so you can imagine what went down.
Speaker 2: But the volcano turn up.
Speaker 3: It may have were there other customers in the store.
Speaker 2: There may have been keyline that you don't want to say right now, I'll say it for you, was why are you raising your voice like that? Well, we're luckily we got a live.
Speaker 7: There the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you're in a situation like that and you feel awkward about complaining, let Patsy know. She'll do it for you. Took out the Cape on the Mafia marching to some business.
Speaker 3: I bet you're good at a strongly worded letter as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I prefer face communication, no paper, trail, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, snooker ball in a sock right.
Speaker 4: Concrete.
Speaker 2: Yesterday it was a beautiful day here right, So is spring this weekend, first September Sunday. I can't believe that that's great, but only feels like you can feel that the atmosphere, the seasons are changing, and yesterday was another stunning day. So in the afternoon about two or three, which all that was was fresh, but the sun was out, wasn't a cloud in the sky. And so I walk the dog on International dog Toma Dog. It was International Dog Day, So this is your day. Let's go for your favorite water, which is always down the beach, and it's a beautiful day. They were down the beach, was hardly anywhere else around. And I've often wondered sometimes having having dogs, I also wonder sometimes would it be better than relationsh ship if they could talk? But then I fear actually they'd be really boring because they don't do much today.
Speaker 3: There they get and get excited by the smallest thing.
Speaker 2: The smallest things, And I think it's why they call it man's best friend, because they don't ruin that relationship by asking you questions. You know, I love my wife, but if there was the mute, but I think the relationship would be a lot strong. Twenty four seven of course. But anyway I walk in the dog, I get chatted another dog owner. That's what we do. Do you have those conversations when you walk in Luna?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you always make friends with another dog.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's someone I've seen before. Got no idea what the human name is, but I know where the little dog is. And saw a little dog I've seen before, a niche and you and just sort of which wasn't even interested in this little dog and the little dogs because I've got a German shepherd dog. They always want to try and act up to the big dog, like I'm not scared. Was my shepherd dog has never bothered with the little ones because this is like, you're just a cat, mean, not a dog. I don't need to even factor you being on this beach. But anyways, Chanter's lady and she said, oh, this is birthday yesterday, which win Sunday.
Speaker 3: A birthday followed by international dog days.
Speaker 2: What a great double day for a dog. What a time to be alive. You're that little dog. And I said, all right, lovely, She went, yes, I got my special cake made. Oh did you know this was a thing.
Speaker 3: I bet I'm not surprised. Yeah, there's all that kind of stuff for dogs.
Speaker 2: How revaulting does this sound? And no dogs will eat anything, I mean, they'll eat their own vomit. But a cake made of banana and mince meat not cooked?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cooked? Oh that's baked together.
Speaker 3: Other than sound so bad?
Speaker 2: Banana flavored steak. That's this proof that dogs will eat anything. It sounded abstlee. However, she then went, do you want to see some photos? You know when you want to go but you can't. I went, oh, yeah, okay, and be more voice said okay. The camera was coming out. We're getting in those gal it's not this one. It's scrolling along and I think I get on with it. And then she said me, this dog was tearing this cake apart. This dog looked really really happy. But I didn't know that you could actually get a cake maker to make a dog cake.
Speaker 3: We don't even get presents for Lenna on her birthday.
Speaker 2: You did get We did for the first couple of years on her birthday. Yeah, they would actually felt so sorry for the dog. It would just wrap up the normal food. There's almost something cruel about it. God, what is it? Is it one of those pigses? Are you taking?
Speaker 7: This is why yesterday the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Whatever you hear us talking about the show, you can always join the conversation whenever you want. We called it late to the party and we love your emails. Late and It's nice to get the emails back, and I would obviously been busy the last two weeks with Who's calling Christian? But I've come back and there are some amazing emails here. Christian late to the party. This is from Ben about three weeks late on this one. But in regards to the Stranger's place, you've ever seen a frakha?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I open invitation for any stories involving unusual place you've seen a fraka or of course otherwise known as a bru haha and sometimes melee as well a plane. A wedding band, I reckon? You know, we could do a whole phone in about wedding bands, good and bad that you've seen, and what wedding bands have seen as well. What's that great Adam Sadler movie The Wedding Singer? What a great film that is? Christ and IM playing a wedding band earlier this year, we're playing a beautiful wedding out on the Mornington Peninsula when we saw a fight break out in the crowd. Do you know what I reckon? This isn't unusual about fights at weddings. I don't know whether it was the two families, alcohol or even within a family, relatives that don't often hang out together and it all comes together on old family tensions. What's this a strange thing to see a wedding. But the time we were actually midway through playing the song Happy, it almost feels like it's in Quentin and you know how he puts like an innocent you know, like stuck in the Middle with You, which is an upbeat, inane pop song, but forever changed now because of the years slashing scene in Reservoir Dogs. That's not Happy he's playing and there's a fistfight, sorry, a fraka on the dance floor. Ben, thank you very much for that. This comes from Sean and Croydon. Christian re enjoyed the random, wonderful craziness of Who's calling? I heard last week the great Jack Thompson called in. Reminded me of one of my dad's stories about how he actually met the great mister Thompson. My dad was a sergeant in the army and he once saw a soldier lying lying down with his uniform messy and untouched, on the office's mess lawn. Dad was a furious and very strict drill sergeant began to scream at the soldier for this unspeakable act, only to find out it was a young actor who was filming around the corner on the base and it was young Jack Thompson who just wandered off for a bit of a break. They had a laugh and my dad calmed down apologized. But my dad was always very proud of this story and the fact that he, as he would tell everyone over the years, yelled at a big star that's great. Do you know what, Maybe there's a phone in wonder but have you ever had words with a celebrity or yelled at someone famous? If you ever got an email for late to the party, we love getting them a showing them on air. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So yesterday on the show we announced how your voting are gone for the winner of Who's Calling Christian and it was the great Olivia Newton John was a very deserving winner in the twenty thousand dollars and of course the charity of her choice is her own charity and foundation which is right here in Melbourne, the Olivia Newton John Research and Wellness Center and listener Ryan was the guy who gets twenty thousand dollars fro him South that he is a what a kiddy was yesterday that we spoke to him, What a lovely guy. He's giving ten thousand dollars of his own money. I don't know anyone else who don't even know if we would do this, ten thousand dollars of his winnings that he can do with whatever he wants. Two are living Newton John's charity as well, and he's giving another couple of grand to the RSPCA, and it's going down this week with his new winnings to get a rescue buppy. It's just a lovely chat yesterday, which we'll give a little replay later on this morning. The big thing we all want to say is we can't believe how how much fun it was. And I hope it was a lot of fun for you listening to it as well. And it's a really unusual way of doing a radio competition, you know, like a lot of stuff we try and do here, we're trying to add something different in the morning to the dial. And who's coning Christian was a big leap. I wasn't even sure if we were going to do it. I don't know if you'd enjoy it. It involves you having to do extra work and no one wants to do that early in the morning. Asking celebrities online Instagram, Facebook, It's all new. It's all a bit of will this work out? But people did call him? Have an listen to this? Then? This is just some of our all we think are and your favorite moments of the last two weeks. Just in ten shows, what shall we number? We're on number two hundred and fifty six. This is still a very young breakfast show when you think about the shows that we're up against. But how a listen to this? This is you have made this work. I've absolutely loved it. We can't be any more grateful for this. But this is our best of Who's Calling Christian twenty nineteen. Enjoy Who?
Speaker 8: Who Who.
Speaker 2: Calling Christian? Who is going to be the first person you've got to call us on? Who's calling Christian?
Speaker 9: Christian? Good morning?
Speaker 2: It's God, peas. I should be being quieter than I am because my two year olds asleep downstairs and he may wake up, but I don't care.
Speaker 10: That's fine, Hey, Christian.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey callingson.
Speaker 8: Well, this is Richard Reed.
Speaker 10: Hello, I must say, and you've kind of taken Australian radio by storm.
Speaker 2: How are you, mister? I don't think my storm more by mist or drizzle.
Speaker 1: How about a London fog.
Speaker 8: Hi's Corey Filman calling from Ali Hy Christian, It's Todd McKinney. Here.
Speaker 6: This is Naki Beer calling Christian.
Speaker 7: It's Agro.
Speaker 2: Agro. If you had a superpower, what would it be, the power.
Speaker 10: To look through clothing?
Speaker 1: You've gone quiet.
Speaker 2: Now, Angro is twenty nineteen. Okay, the world is a very different place. You cannot be perving on people through clothing. Okay, Yeah, that's my super power.
Speaker 10: You can't do nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Powell, right, give me a superpowert power stand away.
Speaker 8: From the next way glasses at the back of the comic.
Speaker 2: Night.
Speaker 8: Hey Christians, big boy, good Christian is the heart.
Speaker 11: I'm looking for, missus, Olivia and John.
Speaker 2: I used to be a super fan of yours in the eighties and I don't want to scape. I used to have your poster on my wall. Lovely.
Speaker 1: Well, if you might be interested then that I've got an auction coming up with all my users done from the eighties.
Speaker 8: Christians.
Speaker 2: Kevin Sheedy here, I tell people from all around the world, and EAVI go to Melbourne the botannical catol for a nisen little sub blank and then you walk down through the gardens. I reckon, there's a TV show in Sheety's hanging baskets of Melbourne.
Speaker 10: I love your problems. Yeah, it's quite wrong, good Christian.
Speaker 9: This is David Strassman.
Speaker 10: Christian, it's Jack Thompson. I'm as the old blog used to say, a box of birds, very chirky.
Speaker 2: I love that. I've never had that phrase in my life chat, but I'm going to start using it today. Box of birds?
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: Christian boer.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christian for Cuddie Wilks calling.
Speaker 9: Great of Carl. One of my relatives is an anethetist, and they used to have a game called the Suck Simuthsonium Dash, and saximothsonian is drug that paralyzes everything when things are quiet. They get three or four of them on a corridor at three o'clock in the morning, and then they'd inject one of them with suximothonium and see how far they'd get down the corridor before they sell over. Then they caught them, they'd have to then bag them and into baits them until came good in the five minutes.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a new Channel ten TV show.
Speaker 10: By Christian is from Pseudoicas.
Speaker 11: It's Shelly Kraft here from Channel nine of the block.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christian is Bear Grills.
Speaker 3: We only have a DVD player back in the house, and we only have four DVDs.
Speaker 2: One is Police Academy one, the other Police Academy two, good Man.
Speaker 8: The third is how to pack your Parachute like a probe, and the four and they so please none of those again.
Speaker 3: And the fourth is About Time, which a great film.
Speaker 10: This is Val Layman.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you remember me, but I used to play be Smith.
Speaker 2: On Prisoner Sean mccallock.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, this is Simon Pegg.
Speaker 2: What would you do with if you had a magic wand for yourself? Simon Pegg, I think I'll probably go back to the nineteen eighty six hairline.
Speaker 10: Please stand by for Michael Winslow. What's up, Christian.
Speaker 12: I'm Benita Collins.
Speaker 2: Were you in a movie with Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was a big fan of Play School and it was like I want that lady.
Speaker 9: What was he like?
Speaker 12: Well, the thing is if you do a scene with somebody, you have a standing. So when we were rehearsing the scene and getting ready, he wasn't there, and at the last minute he would then come in because all the lighting and everything was fixed up for him, and then.
Speaker 2: He was ushered out of there. Yea, was that the same on play school for you? You had a standing.
Speaker 12: We were our own standing. Christian is Tony hadleyar mate?
Speaker 2: How are King of the Eighties spanned our bunny? This radio station is called Gold. Can you just give us a quick blaster of you a gold? You are Gold Gold.
Speaker 9: I always believe.
Speaker 10: In your So good morning's Hello Christian, It's James Corden.
Speaker 9: How are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Correct? Do you know what a finding Australia?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: How are you finding him out?
Speaker 3: Have you been there now?
Speaker 2: How have you been there now?
Speaker 9: Stopping questions at the same time, Christian, how are you made us?
Speaker 2: John Stevens Here, Christian, It's Chris Hensworth. We were in Thailand shooting.
Speaker 7: Basically we had the specialist sex makeup artist who us had won an Academy award and we all started joking about, boy, could you give me like a prosthetic.
Speaker 13: Nose and a wig and then making company and that you did and we went out one night.
Speaker 2: No one was any otherwise, I know no one had a clue. Great idea. Now I'm thinking, if I'm up at Bar and Bay and I've seen someone with a massive nose, i.
Speaker 10: Feel like I'm throwing more attention.
Speaker 2: It wasn't out of being sayous, it was out of place.
Speaker 10: What's wrong with this guy?
Speaker 2: Who? Holy, Holy, Christians, they go. That's just some of our favorite moments from the last two weeks, just ten shows. You actually get all those celebrities and more onto the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much so, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three and on.
Speaker 2: We're doing late to the party of reading out some of your emails. But lovely one that came in yesterday from listener Donna Christians want to write and I've just come back from London and your homeland, visiting other cities like Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham, and I want to let you know I've never been before how wonderful your homeland is. People were so nice and welcoming, really and on we there for we can be. I took a trip over there to see my son and his partner. My son got invited to play cricket for a county side. He must be very good be end up playing for England, maybe in the ashes against you the next Test, and it's there until October. I must say. The transport system I found to be better than ours in Melbourne. Did you find the transport system You've been to the UK you think it's better.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I have a huge problem with Melbourne's, but that we don't color code our lions. Every other city in the world does.
Speaker 2: As you said that, I do want to sound like some kind of winching pom, but every other city does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so easy to tell someone look for the yellow line and get off at your station.
Speaker 2: And we spent like twenty eight years of my life using the London Underground, and so many tourists always get confused, like, well, I'm trying to get so and so trying to get to here, and you go look for the blue line.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's what's missing here. It's color coding. Anyway. She signs off, saying can I also enter the Grand Final? I kicked last year and I'm in better shape. This is from Nana Rex from the Grand Final last year. Listen, the great news is to Donna and anybody else who entered last year or has just joined the show recently. We are doing this again. It'd be the weekend before the actual Grand Final. It's on a Sunday, Sunday, the twenty second, I think of September. Don't ask prod you to collect you. Remember she got the date wrong yesterday. It's the Sunday, the twenty second of November. We are back out at the glorious EJ. Whittenoval out on Footscray and it's the invitations are open now. If you want to compete and kick be one of the Golden Grands kicking again for the Grand Final, you can do so now at the website gold one four to three dot com dot au. There are a few changes apparently now they've got a big screen there. Yeah, and we're allowed to use that great news. Last year we were getting very excited as we were putting this idea together. It was obviously my first Grand Final newly living here and sort of came up with the idea of doing could we get a load of Grands to try and see who could kick the ball the furthest was the winning Granny's kick from.
Speaker 3: Eight and a half meters twenty eight twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight point five to four Yes from bron win five. It was the winner. Tough lady, Yeah, almost broke my hand, very very tough lady. Okay, So we are doing it again. And last year when we were sort of putting this idea together, we didn't even have a venue. There was also a skydiver who said he could throw himself out a plane with a parachute and the ball strapped to him and then land on the oval. But do you remember, because they'd only just given it to us at a short notice, they were worried that if he the parachute didn't open and he hit the ground. Well, it didn't be that concerned about his death. It was more the damage it would do to the oval in the term.
Speaker 3: They said, the grounds keeper doesn't like the idea of it. He doesn't want a human shaped hole in the ground.
Speaker 2: Which is fair enough, we don't want that. From a different point of view, not just to damage the turf, but more what what the paperwork that'll be involved anyway? Year on. They're fine if his canopy doesn't open. They said that he can jump out the plane. So we are going to have a skydiver landing on the oval in front of us, which would be amazing. The other thing that has to change is, of course, you know we all. Did you hear that? Here we go. She's tensing up.
Speaker 4: I just said, I'm just tensing up, but I'm getting ready.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask you a question?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Can I just ask you a question, Patsy? Were you happy with how your department on the day went. No?
Speaker 11: I was not.
Speaker 2: Charge of writing down the score. So Jack would measure the kick. Yep.
Speaker 3: I would yell out twenty eight and a half meters. Then we'd wait for pats to give us the thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I've taken that down.
Speaker 2: Literally, just type in twenty eight point five eight into some kind of spreadsheet. She had two other people with.
Speaker 5: There was now I think there was about four, and I think that was the trouble. There were too many cooks in the kitchen and it was confusing it.
Speaker 2: Interesting side note about the four people involved. There all women. Oh, now, come on, I'm just saying there were all women, and sometimes women sink up and your powerful sisterhood, but sometimes you separate, and it was a divided nation. Honestly, it was like the Middle East. There. There was that woman at Michelle that I actually scored out that there's almost in tears saying that she found it very hard to sort of she said, liaise with you. Oh she did not, her words not mine.
Speaker 5: No, you're putting words in her there, I am not. This is static titian Michelle. Yes, yeah, oh well, you know what, that's fine. I can direct cars in the car park.
Speaker 2: Don't want you to do it because you know what damage you do there. You can't write down twenty eight point five, hey to an excel spreads.
Speaker 4: Oh bounce, I'll be the bounce in it.
Speaker 7: Listen as a listener Pylon Park, Know O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What age do you think you learned about the You've got a knock system before you walk in. In terms of moment, what might be going on the other side of mom and Dad's stool.
Speaker 3: You know what, I never hardly ever went in there. I guess as I grew up. What because what's in there that you need?
Speaker 2: True? With troubles, I've got two daughters, and they always have questions. Right, you know, did you ever did you have to use the knock system? Pats? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was probably about eight? I reckon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you ever walk in on your parents doing anything?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: Yes? Did you? How old you about? Eight? Wow?
Speaker 4: Forever tainted?
Speaker 3: So you always knocked from that day on?
Speaker 2: Yep? You can't unsee it? Can you? Can you see it now? Yes? I can't ask you this now. I'm going to come in in a minute. You're on this song and I'm going to want the visuals.
Speaker 14: Doing that.
Speaker 2: Well, they having a cuddle like those lying down cuddles.
Speaker 4: Special cuddle.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, we'll do it as a podcast exclusive.
Speaker 2: What perhaps his.
Speaker 4: Parents as they'll be horrified.
Speaker 2: I yesterday's youngest daughter walked in, went into the bedroom. We went in.
Speaker 3: So they don't knock by their teenagers, you would have to not.
Speaker 2: They haven't learnt that lesson yet. It's an important life lesson because they keep wondering and I'm not getting changed, and they go, oh god, I went it's my bedroom. I'm going to be taking clothes off. I'll pull them on. You can't be surprised if you see something you say you don't like it's my bedroom. I always knock before go into this because they're young ladies now, and that's the what should be. They have to respect the knock system. Anyway, they learned a painful lesson yesterday because we weren't in the bedroom. We were in the bath together. What yes, No, but this was the reaction. Oh god, And the hand went up like looking at the sun or something. And I'll tell anyone was rude about it. Right. I was facing the door. She came in, all right, my wife is facing me, so she didn't see my wife. Yep, she saw me, and it was that was the record. And it was like she literally was like that, you come too close to the sun. And she actually put her hand over to try and shield me, and then her hand over the eyes begne images of him lying back in the bar with things floating up to the surface. And all I said was I didn't even cover up.
Speaker 3: When you gotta knock, How do you get too out like an hour away, say a bath takes at least an hour without the kids knowing, Like you just both gone upstairs and you haven't said.
Speaker 2: Doing homework, right. My wife said, all right, and have a bath. Can you get in with me?
Speaker 3: The last time you're getting away with this with the kids.
Speaker 2: The last time, right, we got in the bar together, I think was on our honeymoon. I prefer showers, right, I don't. I don't like baths right, and my wife is making there when women go, oh, it's okay, then I just have it alone. But you know, he goes right, okay, So I thought our surpriser. So I was waiting and she went, oh, you listened to him, and went you kept going on about it. That name you're making the marth dates ruined the bath. Get out the Millway've only been in the couple of minutes. And then the doors goes flying open and said there's a fire, and I went, she goes, O, God, together.
Speaker 3: It is a shark. It is a shock. Was in the middle of the day or at night?
Speaker 2: Now? Is it nighttime?
Speaker 3: Still strange? Strange?
Speaker 2: Is it strange doing homework? Wise?
Speaker 3: I said yesterday, how I'm a nervous out of kids because it gets rid of all spontaneity in your life. But if you're having baths in the middle of the then a loving bath together that is spontaneous.
Speaker 2: Right now in my house I'm walking into certain parts of my house and one of the kids is making out with her boyfriend. Why can't we want to? Don't make it out. We were just in the bath together. But there's a lot to see, and it's the water and how it just starts and some kind of sea monster. They're coming up for air.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yes, that happened.
Speaker 3: War stories in here during that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patty just came in and gave us the breakdown, and I gave another breakdown. Yours is more confronting, to be honest, that's the sort of thing that changes a young man. And I don't think in a good way. If you ever come up against some of my issues, just remember that I.
Speaker 4: Saw that right and go, oh god, poor kid explains it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Pats does explaining So Gold one four point three, it feels like if you just tuned in right now, you just tuned into some sort of survivors workshop. Hi, my name's Christian O'Connell. I walked into my mum and dad when I was ten, but my kids yesterday, youngest daughter, she walked in on wife and I we were just having a lovely bath together. There was nothing going on, but we were having a bath together. A half that's my phone going on.
Speaker 9: Side.
Speaker 2: If I'm not here after this leap, I've been summoned. Why do you think it's odd that we've been having a bath together at half seven evenings.
Speaker 3: I think it's audacious to goacious.
Speaker 2: No one's ever said I'm audacious.
Speaker 4: But that makes it sound dirty and it's not.
Speaker 5: It's a normal thing.
Speaker 4: To have a get naked.
Speaker 3: And like I've been over Victorian, I've actually been over your house on a Sunday night for dinner when the kids have got school the next day and they're running around yelling, hey, we need we haven't got this exercise book, I haven't got my clothes for pa. Like it's a constant role list of demands. I don't see how you can take an hour to just go hey, the kids won't notice that we're gone and jump in the bath together.
Speaker 2: Monday night is different. There's a calmer energy to it. Sunday nights. If your mum and dad's it's the suddenly they remember, ah, I'm going to dress up as a bumblebee. Yes, can you have it? I got a bin bag and a yellow sock wrap that around time. I've got to do a ten thousand word essay on the Second World War. Why is he telling us Monday? It should be calmer. That's why you got time if you want to have an accent a path together. But I'm going to text my wife now and go. What we did last night was audacious.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Email here from a listener Lillian Lovely name Hi, Christian, wanted to tell me about my experience of going to the back of a car last week on the show. You were talking about ambulances and fire engines. You don't have anyone who's actually been into the back of a hearse. I have. I was off sick from work a teacher and my children were performing in an assembl at school that day, so I got myself out of the sick bed to drive to school. On the way to an intersection in where a bee there It is the spiritual home of the show. The way to an intersection in Weererbee, I hit the back of a hearse turning just in front of me. Thank goodness, to hearse was void. Of the body. Is that the technical term. I've got a sign that fashes up void of the body as it was just driving the priest back to the church. Be still, you're still went in the back of a priest given in whiplash. It cost me over a thousand dollars to fix. Do you think it costs more to fix a hearst than a normal car? Yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's worth more.
Speaker 2: Are they worth more?
Speaker 5: Oh, they'd be worth a fortune because they're specially designed. Like, you can't just go to a car yard and buy a hearse.
Speaker 2: Can you. I bet they have some round the back or something. Do you think it's still because they've got the wood paneling and the brass handles.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anyone's ever bought a second hand hearst, not to use for body transfers, but just to use as their own cart.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to drive around a hurst? You know what's been in there other people's bodies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a lot of space. If you someone who carries a lot of stuff in your car, what like a kind.
Speaker 2: Of trading or something, you know it's going to turn out to quote for a building project in a hearse saying the right image. But if you have, has anyone brought a second hand hearse as Jackpost just said, not used for the transportation of bodies other way clarified that it's sort of crystal clear here nine four one four one o four three. All right, we've got five Top of Tuesday coming up next, the.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: There was getting ready to start five to but Tuesday, and then somehow we get into talking about hearses, and Jackpost says that I reckon somebody will buy them and use them as a regular car, and literally within third seconds, all the phone lines are jammed. I mean ten lines is what we have here. Oh, down to people who have stories about owning second hand hearses. I've just had a look on car sales dot com dot au. There are loads. Oh you want one, I'm looking into it. I understand it. I did it make a better black Thunder for the show you we're doing double take if you saw Christian color Breakford show rid on the back of heart going, are they saying his show's dead?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that how they fire them? Now? All right, well, let's take some calls then, from BIB who have owned second hand hearses. First of all, we got Mick good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian Jack and Patagan.
Speaker 2: Good morning, met Welcome to the show. So if you owned a hearse, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I own a heart. I'm the third owner of a black nine eight sixty four Pontiac Hearse. So I'll drive it as my regular weekend cruising car and it used to belong to the Coroner in Melbourne for about thirty years. I've had a lot of stiffs in the back.
Speaker 2: Mick, how do you do that? Do you not get I'd get scared Orna.
Speaker 10: Look, my wife will not go in the back. She won't even look over the back of the front.
Speaker 3: Seat in empty space the mic or have you put seats in there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: No, I've got a bit of a story with that as well. I've got a coffin in the back with a fake skeleton in there, and I've got some heads hanging on chains, hanging swinging in the back window as well.
Speaker 2: The creep no bill, that is terrifying. I'd crashed my calf. I looked over at traffic lights. Who is in the next lane? I saw that?
Speaker 10: And the coffin's even got like the beware tape actually wrapped around it. I've actually because every year I do. I do Halloween in it as well, so that's a big hit down where I live.
Speaker 3: But it's one day a year. Have you ever been pulled over or gone through a booze bus?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that usually pull you have just for a look. It's got a very it's got a very angry vating it as well, so that always gets a bit of attention.
Speaker 2: It's really rushing to get to the other side, shitty and where I'm going to have to look out for you at the weekends. Where'd you drive this around?
Speaker 10: I'm down past just a little bit past you along, so I do a fit bit of cruise around along, but I do get up to Melbourne and stuff.
Speaker 3: So next time you're cruising up this way, say hi, come us away hi, so we can see this, okay, I worried?
Speaker 2: All right, Mick, thank you so much to give us a cool man.
Speaker 10: Have a good day, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Claire. Good morning, Good morning, Claire. What can you tell us about owning a second hand hears?
Speaker 8: Actually, my I learned to driving in a hear in a second hand here, how come my dad was the local wick up and he got this hears really really ten, so he saw.
Speaker 6: The favoritely good thing for us to learn to driving it.
Speaker 8: I also I also small my first I had my first accident in a her It was pretty.
Speaker 2: Horrible car to drive, I bet because they're big, cumbersome thing something a long wheelbase.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, it had a three on the tree. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: Three when the goose shifted on the on the steering wheel, steering wheel, all right.
Speaker 2: They used to have that was somewhere like in the eighties. Some French cars used to have that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well, lots of cars used to have that in the eighties.
Speaker 8: And it was the eighties when I learned to drive.
Speaker 2: So I bet you're a really good driver, Claire, actually because you learned to drive and something that driving some of that cumbersome and awkward when you're getting a smaller normal car be easy.
Speaker 8: No, oh yeah, well I can drive anything.
Speaker 2: And also I love the fact that your dad got a discounted hearst. Do you think it was because he was a priest and now I wants to rip off a priest.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. I think they had a conversation over at funeral and came up that he wanted to.
Speaker 2: You'd want to give a priest funeral. It's amazing and in funeral? Hey listen, uh it save it up for sale? Beautiful? Just you know where I am, the big house, the Crucifi's on the top.
Speaker 7: That's me.
Speaker 2: Just that that one there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a bit like that.
Speaker 2: You'd want to give a priest a good fair price? Would you worry about that?
Speaker 8: Genuine?
Speaker 2: Wow? I need to buy a second hand car and I wont about gettingripped off. I'm thinking if I dressed up as a priest and go and look at these cars people are they're not going to rip me off? Are they? No way?
Speaker 6: Give you deliver?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They will, Claire, that's about three great stories wrapped into one. Thank you very much, going to skill this one and brilliant worries Bye? Tim?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tim? Yeah? Nice Tim. Tell us about owning a second hand hearse, I'm not the.
Speaker 6: One who actually owns.
Speaker 10: It belongs to my friend's dad.
Speaker 1: He bought a secondhand from the church because looking and upgrading as it was an older and uh, why want it tricked out?
Speaker 13: I want.
Speaker 2: Wi fi.
Speaker 3: I don't bury your loved ones anywhere else bucket.
Speaker 10: Seas it gets better. They were struggling to sell it to start with. So what they did is they put the coffin inside it and told the coffin with.
Speaker 2: It to him.
Speaker 3: Does he still have the coffin in the back?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So he got an empty coffin with his hurt when he brought it off the church.
Speaker 2: And what does he use it for?
Speaker 3: He uses he uses it palatals the coffin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the coffin.
Speaker 10: He puts his totals in it.
Speaker 2: And you know those signs would go, no power tools are left in this. You're not breaking into a heart sorry, terrifying.
Speaker 3: No way you lifted.
Speaker 12: Do we even think about it?
Speaker 6: Do we?
Speaker 10: We're going to be inside the coffin.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone would.
Speaker 14: He never lost the hair, he.
Speaker 13: Never lost the battle.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 2: There's so much to learn from this, Tim. He's a smart man, your mate, That's what I thought, Tim, Thank you very much for giving us a calls. Christ Thanks mate, who knew that so many of you got storts about owning second hand hurses? Thank you The.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I just something else. I actually had a lift in a her someone who had one. About two or three years ago, was invited to speak at a thing to a load of teenagers along with the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, the Queen's husband, and he does think of the Duke of Edinburgh a wards and he was going to be speaking.
Speaker 3: Came out here. I remember today in high school the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's the Duke of Edinburgh Wards, and then there's the Gold Award for kids that do it to a very high level, and they get invited to Saint James's Palace. Change his palace just literally sort of next door to King Pants. It's on the Mau. It's where the royals often live, they don't always live in bucketing palets. And I was invited to a talk there to the teenagers along with Prince Phillips. So I was really excited about it. I was on my old radio show. I was mentioned they're saying, you know, it's only about ten minutes from the where my radio station used to be, and someone offered to give me a lift there in a limousine to mark this event. So I was really excited. The morning of it, I had to leave the show early to get this, to get through the security and stuff like that and meet the Prince and you know, and before we did the talk together, and suddenly my producer went, there's a hearse outside. I'll stop winding me up. He said, he's bringing a limo and he went, no, no, that is a hearse out there. This listener right thought i'd find it funny to turn up to see James in her hears.
Speaker 3: It is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: It's not when you're already nervous and you just want to get there and meet Prince Phillips. So anyway, I had to dry there. And it pulled up at the front out in front of Saint James's Palace, and obviously there's a lot of security there. There's loads of tourists there all taking photos.
Speaker 3: It's a hur And were you in the passenger said or were you lying down and there was no.
Speaker 2: Room passage in the back.
Speaker 3: You were in the back?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I was getting really spooked out by that.
Speaker 4: They think it was for Phil And then we got there.
Speaker 2: That's actually really disrespectful. He's actually not very well at the moment.
Speaker 4: Parts it's pretty old.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Obviously one of those. Are you don't like our great royal fans?
Speaker 4: I didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Well, pretty clear you're not a royalist, are you?
Speaker 4: On plain? Impact?
Speaker 2: Don't know Prince Philip, Yeah, he's all right anyway. He does a lot of good stuff for these teenagers and the Duke of Edinburgh woods. So I get in there and I'm introduced to him, and he's a very big, tall, imposing man. Because it was like two or three years ago, he would have been like in his early nineties. But he had these amazing, sparkly mischievous eyes. And someone introduces us. He says, you know, thank you for doing this. And the voices how you see it on TV, but you know, when you meet someone you like. I'm taking it all in. I'm instant changes place. There's like artwork all over the wall. I've never seen a building with such high ceilings. It was built in like the fifteen hundreds. And then it was what also was it was really cold in there, and every room I went in they had you know, those cheap three bar heaters. I'm not joking, but in these cavernous like state rooms. But I guess because I don't build ducted heating in the Fife the Tudors. I think it was around there. It was so cold and behind my back, I'm like rubbing my hands together and so get riddy chili. But anyway, we go to to talk together and then he's introduced to me for the second time, but in front now of I think it was eight hundred teenagers and their mums and dads, and he then says to me, in front of everyone, i'ven't just found out you didn't really turn up here in a hearse. Everyone starts laughing. I go bright red at member and then have to tell the story about the listener let me down on the horse. But as actually Prince Philip was saying, actually for someone that has a breakfast show, it's the ideal transport because you can lie down the back.
Speaker 3: I'm a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the more I think about it's a great idea to actually own a hearse.
Speaker 7: The Christian and O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we were primed to do this about four two minutes ago. I'm took about today return off after Who's calling Christian five to but Tuesday, But then thanks to an email from listener Lillian about hearses and all those amazing stories and calls we've got, we're now doing it. Like I said an hour ago, every person who jumps on air with us this week, you automatically go into the drawer. This Friday, one of you is going to be staying at the kerry Hess Sweets at the Residents at the Langham. It's worth five thousand dollars two of you there for one night, breakfast, afternoon tea, evening, cocktails with cannapes, club lounge, access, great price, give it away Friday. Every person who jumps on air calls us this week, you're in with the chances are winning that big prize Friday. All right, then five to it Tuesday. How this works? Then, if we've forgotten I read out five phone in topics at the same time. If you've got a story about any of them, then give me a cool nine four, one, four three in our order. Let's get into it. What did you we have to go with this one? If you heard an hour ago, I'm not repeating it. In facts, I just went out to go to the toilet earlier, and you know, Sophie, she goes to me. You made me cringe early with that story about your daughter walking in on you in the bathroom. You're even my daughter? What made you cringe? You know what?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 2: More evidence I'm off my peak?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, off fake? What did you walk in on?
Speaker 2: What did you walk in on? Goodness knows what was the other side of that door or that room you went into? What did you walk in on? I was saying an hour ago, youngest daughter walked into my my wife and I having a bath last night, Father's Day this Sunday. I always love getting crazy dad stories. If you've got a crazy story about your dad, please share it with us this morning. Nine one o four three. Have you ever fate an injury to get out of something? If you have nine four one four one o four three. Also when you had to cry out for help, whether you were trapped somewhere, stuck in something, when you were to actually cry out loud for help? And last one today blaming a brother or sister for something and getting away with it. So those are your five topics today. When did you have to cry out for help? Did you blame something when you were younger or your brother or sister and you got away with it? Injuries you fate try and get you out of doing something, crazy dad stories? And what did you walk in on? Fun? I mean for your stories? As always nine one o four three nine four one four one oh four three is five Topic Tuesday give us called.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: With just kicks off this morning's five Topic Tuesday, where we run five phone inns at the same time and we take calls of your brilliant stories. What did you walk in on? Crazy dad stories, injuries you fate to get out of something, blaming a brother or sister for something and getting away with it and when did you have to cry out for help? Those are your five topics today nine four one four one oh four three. Let's go to so the Lions take some calls. Sharon Coome oning.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi you Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Sharon. I hope you well, thanks to calling the show. I wish what are you calling in about? Mate?
Speaker 6: Blaming my brother for something and getting away with it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What was it.
Speaker 6: When I was about eight so quite at a long time ago, I lit a match and got a fright and dropped it and half started to burn down. So I blame my brother, because he was the one who liked to play with matches. And to this day, my parents still think it was my brother.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean the house didn't burn down.
Speaker 1: Half the house?
Speaker 6: We lost half the house.
Speaker 2: No, Sharon, right, there are kids listening to us right now. We should just say this is why you shouldn't play with matches. And actually people could end up far worse than you. Were lucky to get out alive, both of you and save but you lost half your house.
Speaker 6: Yep. I ran out of the room and see Jack, brother's name, was playing with matches and now the house is on fire. And yeah, it just went crazy from that point five grade. Yeah, the hardest thing was when my dad took us back through the house that night and it was just a shell.
Speaker 2: And what you still let your brother take the fall?
Speaker 10: For sure?
Speaker 2: When did you? When did you come clean about this? I haven't, you haven't, but surely your brother knows he didn't do it, and it becomes an issue now you're not ate anymore?
Speaker 6: No, exactly, my brother knew all along. And but you know I'm the older one, so I can make the threats.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. That's a huge sacrifice from him.
Speaker 2: I know. Do you and your brother still talk about this?
Speaker 6: No, we don't, but maybe at this time. I told my dad it's a long time now forty years?
Speaker 2: Do you want to do it on the show?
Speaker 6: He lives in the country, so I don't think he'll be living, doesn't the truth?
Speaker 2: I was testing again? So what you're never going to tell your momentath that you did it.
Speaker 6: I felt guilty for a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, come on, Sharon, that's shocking, unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Wow, my brother lives in Melbourne.
Speaker 13: Maybe he's listening.
Speaker 2: What's the name of your brother, Jamie, Jamie. I'd love to speak to your brother about this. How many years ago was this? How many decades are we talking?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Look, probably close to forty. We were little tits.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: We That is some story, isn't it? All Right? Sharon, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys, love the show.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you very much. Amy, Good morning, Amy?
Speaker 11: There, yep, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Oh good stuff? Yeah, Amy, So can I fired a bit Tuesday? Thanks?
Speaker 6: You call it?
Speaker 2: And what's your story?
Speaker 11: So I faked an injury to get out of one of those silly stenty kind of bodyshop parties.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, whether you buy like foot oil made out of rosmary petals up, yeah, don't take medicine for your hay fever lang lang lang oil.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And to make matters worse, my friend's mum who was running the party, she was all into incense and stuff. She was very hippy dippy, so her whole house not like incense. So it kind of helped the factor of pretend you have an asked for attack.
Speaker 2: So yeah, to get out of it, you pretended to have an asteroid to get out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what those parties are like.
Speaker 5: You feel obliged to spend money even though you don't want anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was in high school. I didn't make any money anyway. I was only there to make up the numbers, and I felt guilty. So I'm like, how do I get out of this? So I thought I'll just have an asma attack and get out of it. The problem is now every time I go around the house, she runs around and opens windows to kind of like.
Speaker 2: You're still you're still living the lie. That's great, Amy, Thank thank you very much. You cool. All right, have a good day. Let's take one last one Sharon, Good morning, Hey Sharon, Yes, it's a five octop at Tuesday. What's your story.
Speaker 8: I was walking home from work one night when a builder's site would.
Speaker 2: Fly with walls, fell on me, fell on you, fell on me.
Speaker 8: Yes, the wind must have caught it.
Speaker 1: Let's bar and I jumped, but I didn't jump far enough.
Speaker 6: I caught my ankle and jined me down.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now, which which topic are you calling it about? Looking at the list, I don't believe wolves falling on people. It's on it, but it's always lovely to I.
Speaker 1: Had to call up for help.
Speaker 2: It's sorry, we're confused because the wolf fell on you.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: How do we stuck under the wall?
Speaker 1: That probably about seven to ten minutes.
Speaker 2: That's a long time any minute. It is too long to be stuck under a wall. All right, Sharon, thank you very much. You cool have a good day, all right, of course, coming nine four one four one four three The.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing five top of Tuesday. We're on five phone ins at the same time. Here are the five topics this morning. When did you have to cry out for help. We really had a truly shocking story about blaming something on a brother or sister and getting away with it injuries. You fate to get out of something. I asked for Amy five minutes ago looking for crazy dad stories this morning and what did you walk in on? One oh four three before we go to the headlines with Pats Kathleen.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good? So, Kathleen, what did you walk in on? Mate?
Speaker 12: I the phone was ringing and I wondered why no one was answering it.
Speaker 6: So I ran upstairs and badged in on my mum and step third.
Speaker 8: And apparently they were doing something.
Speaker 2: How old were you thirteen? Thirteen?
Speaker 8: Luckily it was pitch black see anything?
Speaker 2: But did you get the sense you disturbed something?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yes, wow?
Speaker 5: I didn't know what?
Speaker 2: All right, Kathleen, Thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you you too bad.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now we're taking your calls on five topic Tuesday. Five phone is running at the same time. I know, and you can have it. You got these great stories this morning. What did you walk in? On injuries. You faked to try and get out of something. We're looking for crazy dad stories, Father's Day, this Sunday. Don't forget blaming something on your brother or sister and he got away with it. And when did you have to cry out for help? Those your stories today? Nine four one four one oh four three Julia, Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you going, Julia? We're good. You sound like you've had a couple of coffees already.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not kid, all right, I'm just a happy soul.
Speaker 2: Wow. Great, welcome to the show. Thanks for corning, and what have you got for us?
Speaker 1: I had to cry for help. In grade five, we went to the Swan Hill Pioneers Settlement and we were supposed to stay in a group walking around and I had, you know, we're all given a limited amount of money to take, and I bought a summer roll, which was like a new garbar covered in chocolate and coconut. And I had a kangaroo who decided he wanted my summer role. So I took off into the bank and I locked myself in what would have been back then like the bank safe, and the kangaroo was on one side of the bars, and I was on the other and I was crying out for help, and one of the workers had to come and rescue me and stew him out. That I was like, I was only a little person back then, and I was absolutely petrified. But I was been giving up my summer role. I didn't get summer roles very often.
Speaker 2: This is great to the casual on look it we don't like, the kangaroo is trying to rob the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well he just he desperately wanted the summer roll, probably more than what I did, but he wasn't going to get it. And he was bigger than he was, bigger than I was, and I was just standing my ground, and all of a sudden, like I realized that I'd actually locked the door on the old bank you know sort of safe thing it was, And it was not like a safe as we know it now. It was just like an iron bars.
Speaker 2: So how did they get you out? Do one of the workers have keys?
Speaker 1: No, they had to get like, you know, a couple of them to come and actually open up the door because it was an old, rusty lock. And he said, no one's ever managed to do this before, so you're just going to have to be patient. But I just sat down.
Speaker 2: Kangaroo.
Speaker 1: Kangaroo's going going like.
Speaker 3: He's still there this time.
Speaker 2: I didn't want kangaroo's ground as well. I learned so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what he was doing, but he was really happy exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, Judy, a great story. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. All right, thank you so much. All right, take care, you have a good day you bye bye now.
Speaker 15: Thanks? Tell you what she loved them?
Speaker 2: Summer roles, that phone call sponsor by summer roll You don't see summer rolls anymore.
Speaker 5: You can still get them, Yeah, I got one last week. In fact, No, you know what you can get now is the bags of the mini ones, so you don't feel as guilty.
Speaker 3: From all over?
Speaker 2: Hey, can you bring some in? I'd love to try if.
Speaker 4: I can still find them? Tho were really popular. I'll get you a bag.
Speaker 2: Thanks you. I'd love to try them. All right, let's try who we got here? Kim? Good morning, Kim, Good morning, Christian? How are you? I'm good, Kim, welcome to the show. Have you having a good morning so far?
Speaker 8: And I am?
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 2: And what's you story for us? Mate?
Speaker 13: It's about my crazy dad. Yeah. Now, I'm originally from the UK. My parents still live in the UK, and I went back last year for a holidays and I went grocery shopping with them. Okay, we're walking around and we get to the fruit and fed and my parents said, oh, I just got to get some broccoli, and oh yeah, okay, that's all right. So I'm standing there and then my dad picks up the broccoly and proceeds to try and break off the stalk. And you know how sick a broccoli.
Speaker 2: Stalk is, yes, very thick.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And I said, why do you do it? He said, well, I don't eat this, so I'm not bloody.
Speaker 10: Playing for it.
Speaker 2: What's fair enough? I mean he's got a good point break off the weight there and then prep his veggs in the grocery aisle.
Speaker 13: But there were many get gets the broccoli and I said, well don't that's too thick. You're not trying to be able to break that one. He then produces is a little pen night out of his pocket and cut the stor.
Speaker 2: He's come prepared for those, like every boy scout. He's peeling his onions there, Adam.
Speaker 3: The skins is just extra white as well.
Speaker 2: I said, really good at it? What you think about.
Speaker 13: I'm not kidding him, And I said, isn't real? He said yeah, and I said, well look bad. He goes, Look, you keep a look out if if someone comes you imagine me and I'll put my knife back in the pocket. And no, I just walked away and I keep behind one of the other canters. And he was there for a good ten minutes checking out the broccoli and yeah, hold his little pennther start cutting it off because he couldn't break it.
Speaker 2: Wow, Kim, thank you very much. You have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian, right.
Speaker 2: I already felt like we were there then, didn't it?
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for the stories on five topic Tuesday. Some emails that are coming in as well from Dino. This is talking about injuries. He fated to get out of something. Christian and I my best met at school, fate having appendicitis to get out of sports day at school. However, to go through with this all, he was rushed to hospital because of the school took it very seriously and he had his appendix and he couldn't go to the doctors to get out a sports day, so he had them removed when there were no trouble was however, well he's a real method person doing that. J Nio of it all. Thank you very much, Dino Christian. We're talking about when you had to cry for help. About thirty years ago. My dad, he was a panel beater, was pinned to the floor of his workshop by car after the hoist it was on broke. He it's cool for help. He was trapped under the car for a number of hours. In retelling of this story, he claims the worst part was that he had to listen to my new Kylie Minogue album in the cassette deck because it was playing whilst he was there trapped. To this day, his eyes glaze over when he hears locomotion. By the way, this is some jade. This is jade, and it's the same dad. Do you remember they sank at seat together. Oh God, Jay loved to hear from you again. And now there was a lovely listener of ours. And don't you already shout out? However, I will do for this guy, because we've got a great listener called Dave. And whenever he calls in, and he's always got a great story about what we're talking about or a funny joke. He will always very subtly but persistently thank and urge me to thank and everyone his Malvin Lacrosse team. Good lick to volve on lacrosse. To that, well, I've got an update. I wouldn't normally do with this, but he's so persistent about it and obviously so passionate about the club, the community. Christian pattern. Jacket's day from Malvin Lacrosse Club. Great news. Do you remember? Do you remember? It's all about the push for the Grand final place. Obviously, like Foot, at the moment, my Division three team has won the major prelim. We now have birth in the upcoming Grand Final in two weeks time. The score was seventeen ten in our favor. We also finished on top of the ladder of the season, pinging that cover to spot in the last week of seasons playing. Please give a huge block Capitals, shout out to my beloved teammates and indeed the whole club. He's obviously feeling very magnanimous here. We did it, guys. More game to win. I'm a fifty three year old playing in a somewhat young man's sport and still loving it all. I'm not even the oldest player in the team. Thank you very much, and please give a shout out for the boys once more. We've made it into the grand finals. Well done Malvern Lacrosse.
Speaker 3: Can we get down there for the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: It's a huge game. Give up the grand final. It's all about Malvin Lacrosse Club and that grand final in Division three. But Dave Well and the team.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shows gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This week it's International Dog Week. You might have seen in all the photos pinging around on social media yesterday. So we're looking for your dog celebrities. I've got Labra Dora the Explorer.
Speaker 3: That's good. Also, Pats, I should point out there about five minutes ago Christian realized he threw away all the ones he's been working on all morning.
Speaker 2: Accent. Well, I don't know. They're all Panicky Kennel Rogers. Yeah, Maria Sharpey over dog tennis player Iggy Pup. I hope there's someone listening who has got a little puppy that's called Iggy Pup. Brian Furry Hello, Mick Wagger and Great Dane swan Son's good. All right, Jack, What have you got dog celebrities?
Speaker 3: I've got Great Dane, Judy dench Ah, Michael Puglas, Tommy Flee Jones.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeahs I had a Tommy Lee one. I remember what it was. It's in the bin. It probably deserve it probably just threw it. Sound in the bin.
Speaker 3: Paul Lando Bloom Who Paul Land Orlando?
Speaker 2: Right? Okay? Yes?
Speaker 3: And shitsu surrounding.
Speaker 2: How dare you come on there? How are you agro? Send its yours? Today's time waste. So then we're looking for your dog celebrities. Text him in oh four seventy five three one oh four three oh four seven five three one oh four three, well mark them in ten minutes time. Here on Gold one oh four point three broccol E the.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This week is International Dog Week. Do you see all the cute dogs going around? All little pictures yesterday on social media on Instagram?
Speaker 15: And that.
Speaker 2: All right? So today we're looking for dog celebrities. How is the old unit? This Luna?
Speaker 3: By the way, your dog you you wouldn't even recognize that she is in such good shape. Now, she did have a big Christmas and that's the last time you saw her. Yeah, she's not as fat.
Speaker 2: Hey, I wasn't judging on fat. I just said this is a big dog.
Speaker 3: He got her a pig on toothpicks or something like that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's say this move on much, I ask now. Dog celebrities Joe Cocker Spaniel Silver Word and Die, Jack Russell Crowe Civil plus, Michael J. Fox Terrier Civil plus, Clint Eastwoth Gold definitely, Andrew, thank you very much, Joe cockerleg Mutt, Damon Cleever Silver plus, Jamie Flee, Curtis Gold, didn't go Star Gold Spaniel, Radcliffe Gold, Robert sit Down Jr.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's the second one of the year. Luke and News sles it a terrible year, uh St. Bernard Fanning Silver Plush, Corgy Clooney Silver silver, Chris Hemsworth gold and Greg and Dandenong, Sarah Jessica Barker Gold plus, Michael J. Foxhound two for Michael J. Fox Very good Silver, Dave Growl Gold Mark Hello.
Speaker 14: Well performed then gold plus, Christopher Walkes Gold plus Brad Pittbull Silver, Hugh Jack Russell Silver, Tick Astley gold and Molly Ringworm gold plus.
Speaker 2: It's our highest gold count. Well done every one of your dog celebrities.
Speaker 7: The Christian oho'connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning. Title of today's show is the Audacious Bath Going to have another this afternoon? No, I think we just need to let the house all. Just calm down. If you want to know what we're talking about, you missed it, you can catch up again on the iHeart app. You can catch up on the podcast hug It is on the way. We're speak to you tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening, Have a good day.
Speaker 7: The Christian oho' connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three