Speaker 1: Hi Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Ben Lady. Your work, our windows done. That's my world. Reason the dust only good, bab dougle down. I've don't much, but yeah I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where.
Speaker 1: This is the pick up. Hi guys, welcome back but here again after a nice little break. It's the pick up with Brett Hockley and Laura Burr. Are you welcome me back or the listeners or who are you welcoming?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to your show.
Speaker 3: We did have a little week Vaca, how is yours? It was nice not to see each other just for one week, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: No? I missed you. You ssh you are lying through your teeth. You love to get away from me for a week. I know I do miss the team when I have a week off, but it was very nice. The only thing is is it's like when you're on holidays and the kids are off too. There's so much planning that goes into it. It's two o'clock every day. My kids were like, I'm bored. This day sucks. We do nothing. We'd already been bowling, We'd already done clay art. Like there was one morning there, it was a Tuesday. I had done clay art and done puzzles all by nine am. We picked too early.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to hear me say now that there was one day that it was ten am and I was still just rolling around in bed.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is anymore. I have never There hasn't been a day I don't know what clayart is.
Speaker 3: And puzzles my dating life was the only puzzle I ever experienced.
Speaker 1: In the last ten years. Oh well, look, you know, okay, I am having a baby in the next I have a baby. I think I'm nine weeks off now nine weeks and this baby number three will be out in the world. Why are you looking at producer Grace to confirm how far away your baby? She is more organized than I am, and I'm in a diary. I'm hoping one of you guys know my due date.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Look, they do say. Baby brain is a thing. And it turns out that I have had a few mistakes during the holidays. One of them involves my husband we're gonna talk about it next pick up on kiss. Something happened to me on holidays which really got me into the got me into the bad books with my husband. Tell you weast your pants again. That's a daily occurrence. Now, Okay, somebody messaged me on Instagram and said, Laura, you've been talking about wetting your pants. Context people. I'm three, I'm having my third baby, and I'm in like well into third trimester, and so it's just now a regular thing. And I got a message from a very concerned listener who said, I think you might have a prolapse. Maybe I think I need to stop talking.
Speaker 3: Do you know there's a seat you can I've done it before once. I forget what it's called. But you sit on it for pelvic floor and it puts these vibration tightening things into you and it helps to tighten it.
Speaker 1: It's a seat that you sit on. I've sat on it. I would like it to be known. I don't want to sit on the same one.
Speaker 3: No, it's a proper thing at a physio And okay, okay, I don't wet myself.
Speaker 1: I've just dug myself behole. You really have.
Speaker 2: Cride it for a friend.
Speaker 3: She is the physio, and she's like, Hey, I got this new equipment.
Speaker 2: Do you want to try it?
Speaker 1: And it tightens? Can we get back on track? I'm doing my key, I'm doing my Keegel's exercises at the traffic lights, and I'm sure everyone is thrilled to know. If I'm stopped at a red light, you better bet I'm doing Keegel's exercises.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Producer Grace is on the case. She's googling the seat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this happened to me on the holidays though. I went into Kmar and I was with my husband and my kids. We were running around and we were down the coast, so we were like a couple of hours away from where we usually live. So I'm walking around Kmart and Matt's next to me and I see this guy who I have not seen him in Oh my goodness, Like, what twenty years? I hooked up with him in the No. No, he used to date a friend of mine. But it was just this weird moment because it's been twenty years since I've seen him. We used to play water polo together and he was there with his two kids and he looked like this guy I knew from twenty years ago, except twenty years older. You know, we all just look a lot different to back then and right, and I saw him and I was like, well, Liam, is that you? And then he looked at me like he had no idea who I was. So then I listened to the pick up, so then I had to explain who I was. I was like, oh, it's Laura. We used to play water polo together, and this is my husband Ben. Wait you introduced your husband as my husband. Now, just for reference everyone, my husband's name is Matt and my husband's name is Ben. And I didn't even realize I had said it. I just steamrolled kept talking to this Liam guy started trying to kid up a conversation about water polo and Matt just stood there. And then Liam goes to shake his hand, and Matt turns around and goes, ah, sorry, mate, my name's actually Matt. This is a bit awkward, and then he goes, I think that's her other husband. And honestly, I don't know why I did it.
Speaker 3: I think, are you fantasizing about my husband even through this with me?
Speaker 2: Is there an intervention here?
Speaker 1: To be fair, my ex boyfriend's name is Ben, and I it was just the most Freudian slip ever. I don't know why it came out. And then you know, when you I know you've made a mistake. So Liam thinks you're cooked. He's like, you don't even know who your husband is. Well, then when you know you've made a mistake, and you get a bit embarrassed because I was Laura a wife. Why were you embarrassed? I couldn't imagine why, or just like nothing that was coming out of my mouth would have made any sense. He's like, oh, Laura, Wow, she went downhill rapidly up to water polo when we were ninety.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've had this moment because I imagine if I was Matt and that happened, I would.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: When we left, did he ask you, like where that came from, or like did he feel be put.
Speaker 1: Off by it? I apologized and we walked out, and I was like, oh my god, that's so embarrassing. I'm very sorry that that happened. I was thinking and I don't even think this is true. I think I just made it up. I was like, I was thinking that I need to message your Ben to say congratulation, which wasn't even true. I hadn't thought that. I don't know why I said your husband's name, that I introduced my husband as your husband. There's no good way out of it, because he knows you only know two bends and ex or my husband like this. There's two past. You could take Robert Frost the poem. I just I'm sure Liam's not listening since he had no idea who I was. I'm not concerned about Liam. I'm concerned about Matt. Lilliam's gone. Liam's lost in spotlight wherever he is.
Speaker 3: This is about your husband, and I think it's funny that you're still concerned about Liam.
Speaker 1: I was so embarrassed. Matt got over it. He knows I've done worse. I did a lot of embarrassing things during this holiday break.
Speaker 3: I did think it was weird. Ben asked me last night. He's like, why has Matt blocked me on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Nah? Yeah, it was one time at Britt. I'll tell you about it another day. Laura.
Speaker 3: There is a really big Hollywood couple that okay, mind you I say big.
Speaker 1: We did just have to do some googling about I knew who they were, which doesn't. That's like actually outrageous because I don't know who anyone is weird because sometimes you're like, who's Beyonce?
Speaker 3: But you do know who Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Remain are. So Jerry and Rebecca have been married for nearly twenty years.
Speaker 1: They're both Hollywood superstars.
Speaker 3: But they're doing the rounds online at the moment for something that they just discussed on Andy Cohen. They were talking about their finances and the way they share finance Answers have a listened to what they said.
Speaker 1: I mean, Rebecca, is I mean do you have a joint bank account, because I mean we all are zero money, completely separate. I bet you do. I mean there's like a community pass. Do you both contribute to the kids community quarterly? And it's a set fixed amount. We actually throttle how much money we put into that account. Sometimes, what do you mean depending on who's working more?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You so you say the one who's not working gets a little bit of a brig.
Speaker 3: So interestingly, they go on to say further, in eighteen years that they've been together, they don't know what each other earns, like they have no concept of what they've got where they've got in the bank or anything, and then like three times a year they both just put a chunk of money into this communal pot.
Speaker 1: But they don't even know what they're putting in. This sounds like a rich person problem. They can only do this because they're so well if you don't know who they are. So Rebecca was mistiqun x men. She's been in lots of things. And Jerry O'Connell, the reason why I remember him is because he was in that TV show Sliders million years ago. He's been a scary movie, He's been in lots of things.
Speaker 2: He was at my crush when I was a teenager.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean, I don't know what he's been in recently. I think he's done a couple of talk shows and stuff. But for me, I think if you're married and you have kids, and I know that everyone's different when it comes to money, and there's no right way or wrong way of going about it. But I would say that most people just kind of put all their money together instead of keeping Actually maybe that is Maybe that's a that's a big assumption.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think there are right and wrong ways. There's definitely wrong ways. If you have no access to your money, Like there's definitely financial control, but that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I would find it unusual.
Speaker 3: And I've got one friend that I can think of that I remember thinking it was really weird. So I mean, maybe this is something that we put out to the public and we do a poll one day, But I would find it unusual if people had no idea about what their long term partner, husband, wife, father, mother of their kids earns. Like for me, even if your finances aren't necessarily shared, the unusual part of his conversation is not having any idea of like not even a ballpark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your partner is bringing in I think that is weird. I think that's what I'll backtrack on. So I don't think that everyone just puts all their money into the same account. But I would say a lot of people have visibility or at least an understanding of what their partner earns. So the way Matt and I do it, we have our own accounts as well, Like so he's got his own account, I've got my own account. We have our offset account, but literally everything goes into that offset, like everything that we earn apart from I mean if Matt really wanted to keep a bit extra, I wouldn't know, and same might be and the same for me, Like I could keep a bit extra, but realistically, everything we earn goes in together because we're all working towards the same goals. So why would we keep money siphoned off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And so my husband Ben and I we are very transparent with our money and our incomes and who has what.
Speaker 2: We have a communal account like a joint account.
Speaker 1: Did I say?
Speaker 3: We put money in, but it's not always the same amount. We don't like, we just put what we have, you know. It's like sometimes one person's putting more in, sometimes the other person. But we always and I till the day I die, And.
Speaker 2: I truly believe everyone should do this.
Speaker 3: I have my own account that is just for me, and he has his own account that's just for him. I guess it comes with a level of trust in your relationships. But I will never hand over my finances completely to anyone else ever. But I do think it's important that you are contributing equally and you know what the other person is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Well, I mean, look, I really have backtracked to what I said at the stuff. Yeah, you like only only because the more I thought about it more, I was like, Oh, there's absolutely going to be people in cars who are in long term relationships and they've managed to keep their finances totally separate. Because everyone's at different stages of life, right Like, maybe you've been married divorced before you've met a new partner, you've gotten together and you've got your own lives set up, and so you don't need to put all your funds in the same pot. But I think sometimes, well maybe it's a healthy way of approaching it when you've got kids. I think it's just easier to kind of go, Okay, well we're both in this together, and having a bit of as much financial transparency as possible as the way to go. I think that Jerry and Rebecca's set up is pretty unused.
Speaker 3: Rule well, interestingly, there is another Hollywood couple that have spoken about this in.
Speaker 1: The past, Selma Hayak and her husband.
Speaker 3: I'm going to butcher his name, Francois Henry Pinall Pinol. Anyway, I'd be devoted in that sense they keep everything separate. But he's a billionaire, so I guess that's why he's like a literal billionaire.
Speaker 1: So I guess that's why he's probably been like, you know, like you can have your money, britt How old do you think old is? If you how old are you really? Actually? How old? I'd start with that because the Daily Mail keeps reporting on it wrong and no one's really sure how old it is, Brittany Hockley.
Speaker 3: My birthday next week, the investigation twenty eight.
Speaker 1: And I will die on that hill. How old? That is an open ended question. The reason why I love this so much. We had a discussion about the four britt you have like softly lied about your age for so long that the Daily Mail doesn't even know how old you are.
Speaker 3: Now I made a couple of jokes here and there, and now I have forgotten, in fact how old I am, so I can't confirm nor deny.
Speaker 1: Well. The reason why we're talking about this is because there's quite a few tiktoks and social reels that are going viral at the moment where gen zs are being asked how old is old? Like, what is the definitive age where you clock over from being just like young, youthful, vibrant old? What is that age? So for anyone who doesn't know. If you're a gen Zetter, it means that you're born between nineteen ninety seven to twenty twelve, so anywhere from thirteen years old. If you were born in twenty twelve, you're thirteen. If you were born in nineteen ninety seven, your twenty eight y is old age.
Speaker 3: That was mine? Y, Sorry I was, I was in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: If you want to add a decade onto that, then we'll get closer to our ages. But also okay, so twenty two percent of gen zed surveyed believe that thirty five is old. Twenty two percent, So that's shocking.
Speaker 3: If hypothetically I was that age, I would be offended.
Speaker 1: Thirty five percent think that forty is old. Around fifty believe that fifty the age of fifty is old. That's when it's kind of clocks over. And three percent thought that twenty seven years old were old. That's got to be the thirteen year olds, like, that's a thirteen year old answering that question. It has to be.
Speaker 3: But don't you remember, like I remember being in school, so maybe eleven, twelve, thirteen, you thought that your teachers were so old, but in fact they were probably fresh out of Uni, were probably like twenty four years old, and I remember thinking that they were like done and dusted.
Speaker 1: I know. Marley was talking about her school teacher recently, and her school teacher is like, she's she's green, she's fresh out of Uni. She's so beautiful, vibrant, jewish skin. She's like twenty six at a guess. I don't know how old she actually is, but she's much younger than me. And Marley was like, gosh, my teacher is old because she's a grown up. And I was like, how old do you think I am? And she was like, you're really old. And I was like, what about Nana? And She's like she's gonna die soon. I'm like, this is really awful, Nawa. The thing is is that age. Firstly, you're only as old as you feel. And secondly, everyone's caveat for what is like old, old or not old increases as they get old. So like now that I am pushing into my forties, I turned forty next year. Yeah, forty's not old, no way, no, nah, forty And then I had this moment dawned on me in the shower and I was like, I've done half my life and then another forty years, I'll be eighty. It was just one of those musings in the shower where you're like, you can't do it. Forty more years and I will be eighty.
Speaker 3: That makes me upset. If you live this life again, then you're eighty. Yeah, yeah, year old. I had a moment on the weekend actually, where my friend came over. It was Saturday, and it was the afternoon, and she came to drop some stuff off, pick some stuff up, and she was heading out to a like a wedding reception party kind of thing. She had a big party on. And she's like, what are you doing tonight? Saturday night?
Speaker 1: She's like, you're heading out? I said, oh no. I was like I've got heaps too. She's like, what are you up to?
Speaker 3: And I said, oh, I've got to RePOP my plants and propagate like a new tree. And she just looked at me and I said, don't say it. I was like, I'm old and I She's like, yoh, you've just lost it. Saturday night and I couldn't go out because I had to repot the plant.
Speaker 1: Because you had to propagate, because I had to propagated. But it's really nice it's the un sexiest thing ever. I was like, hands deep in manure proper. Wow. Okay, all right, well anyway, I'm sure some other people are doing different kinds of propagation on a Saturday night. No, but look there's also I mean, in this conversation, there was also a gym that's been discussed online as well. So imagine signing up to a women's only gym. Right, You've paid a subscription fee, You're locked and loaded, You've got your time that you like to go, and then you receive a message from management which says that the gym's time schedules are going to change, and that between the hours of four pm to seven pm it was only going to be accessible for women who were aged between twelve to twenty four, and they were doing that to make it more accessible to the younger generation for four to.
Speaker 3: Seven so prime time, you're giving the gym to kids that don't need it.
Speaker 1: Us oldies need the gym. I didn't even realize that twelve year olds were going to the gym. I was going to do gym at twelve. Is that a thing? Is there a reason for it? I can't think of one reason why. Most natural athletes.
Speaker 3: We were at the gym at twelve, but seriously, from four pm I'm to seven pm, that is your peak time. That is when people are clocking off from work and going to the gym. I would cancel my membership if my gym told me that I couldn't go in those peak hours because I was older than twenty four.
Speaker 1: This is insane. This update has been made in response to feedback and to bed cater to our younger female members who require a dedicated, comfortable space during peak after school and early evening hours.
Speaker 4: Come to a forty year old that was working out, I could understand if it was like a co ed gym space and like, there's been some things going down, but like the four year old women are comfortable with the old women.
Speaker 1: We're not predators, al right. Oh they've seen the way we wear our socks. We just got we've just got bad OSTEO. Okay, we're not going to do anything wrong anyway. That's got to be a joke. Is it is actually real? No, it's real. Unfortunately, it's real. Look we're going out of business. Guys, wagh in on this. If you're in your cars, don't get on our social straight away, wait till your part and you pulled over. But I would love to know what is the age that to you defines old. My thing is that I never expected to be going into to my forties with a newborn baby. But here we are. Anyway, that's him for a while.
Speaker 3: Give me plans for those of us that are nearly forty and haven't started yet.
Speaker 1: Ali, guys, we're gonna say goodbye.