Speaker 1: Good Morning a Christian o'connall show podcast, the third.
Speaker 2: Show us, isn't it?
Speaker 3: I feel like I just got an air for my English exam.
Speaker 2: I will always cheat at ouna The Christian o'connall Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, coome morning, it's you stay morning. This is the Christian O'Connell Show where I am live from home this morning. Jack and Pats are in the studio. I hadn't brought you in yet. We're gonna have to get a little bit tighter than that. Just calmic karmick karmen three hours ahead of me trying to do it blind. Okay, Huggy, poor Hugy, right, has that to come in early this morning? Because Jack can't be bothered to learn over the last three years how the three buttons I use each morning? It really is only three buttons, right play and turn the microphones on at no moment as he thought, maybe I should learn how to do this just so I can take control of the show one day for myself. So they've had to Huggy, is that to come in this morning to sit there listen to us do the show just so we can have the show on air. The reason why I'm not in the studio with Check and Patsy is this is how it is right now, Melbourne. Everyone's got to go and get tested. My eldest daughter Ruby had a sore throat yesterday, so we all went and got tested. And I was queuing like a lot of people at the moment for an hour and a half. And I'm in my car, I'm warm, I'm okay, and I'm saying everyone is working really hard there all over Melbourne stretched beyond capacity right now. And it was a drive through one which there are loads of thank you very much to everyone that's trying to keep the city up and running right now again and doing all the testing. You know, I can't with that much fun all day shoving swabs into Bill's noses and mouths. Where there you go. I don't want to be here. There is Dan Andrews. This is his Scowmo's fault. That quarantine center. It must be a really nice day Monday to Friday, and of course Saturday and Sunday as well, all of that, and it's cold as well, and they're all just trying to do the mess and everyone's doing the contact tracing as well. You're invisible we don't see you. But honestly, yesterday I was grateful for what you do and I felt sorry for you, and I met this lovely woman called Julie. Way to you to hear about Julie. So as I wind down the window and she's got the old jousting stick to show up my giant nose, she goes, Christian. I go, Julie, I didn't you do my last one another testing place two months ago? She goes, yes, I guess it's Julie. Right after I left, someone said, hey, do you know that's that's the English guy on the.
Speaker 3: Radio the first time you got the test?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Julie tuned in the next day of interest. This is two months ago. We've won Julie over. She's been listening to the show. She was talking about your wedding vows yesterday and Julie was just saying, how you know it's hard and actually some people I was really upset to hear this. Some people are really really rude to those people. Now I get why you're your writer fell angry. Right now that we're back in this lockdown, who we want to be angry at, We're not going to waste time on this show. But it is right that you have those emotions. I'm angry at the back here. We have been let down. But the people that are out there trying to do your swabs are not the people to be angry with. They're just trying to get through the day like you. All right, they are doing their best. They're in all that ppe gear and they're cold right now, They're really cold. So anyway, as I was doing my test and chatting Judy and she was shoving it and she was also not a dentisty, but they're trying to have a chat with you whilst I've got that old jousing stick. I've actually starting to get tearsmized now that the pain of it comes back there, and she's tickling my brain at one point, I'm sure she was trying to wake it up to do the show today. I was wondering, right, this is my second test, Patsy. How many tests have you had? Yeah, I've had two, Jackie boy, what are you sitting on?
Speaker 5: I've just had the one, and I'm even suspicious that my one was a real one.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Well, I got their.
Speaker 4: Eyes, It's not that one. Huggies keeps doing sometimes suit. Is he why everybody asks to see his papers? I don't think that's the JITs.
Speaker 5: Everybody talks about it being painful and uncomfortable. Whereas I got just a little cotton bart around the nose and I got there at six oh one a shutting.
Speaker 3: I think they might have packed up and just give me a fake one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: They got me to do it myself and it was just like a cotton nearbud.
Speaker 4: Don't because len this use this, Neil Mitchell will use this as evidence the government lets out again. I wanted this morning, who is Melbourne's most tested person? All right? Have we got a fiver listening? For example? Who's had the most tests? Give us a call this morning if you've got anything more than a two. The reserve at the moment for COVID test is two with Patsy and I give us a call nine one, four three, And I mean what I say on behalf of everyone. Thank you for everyone is trying to do all these tests seven days a week and running all the contact tracing as well. We don't see you, but I am really grateful for what you're doing.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Who is Melbourne's most COVID tested person. How many tests have you done? Me and Patsy are on two? Thank you, Huggy. Hugg he's not how to speak when he presses the buttons. Today, I'm doing the show from home when I wait for the results of my COVID test. We've given him a bell. I'll tell you what, ring ding it twice if you're happy with that bell.
Speaker 2: Huggy.
Speaker 4: Pavlov's Pavlov's theory in action. All right, let's go to the lines. Taylor's on the line. Good morning, Taylor, mornny.
Speaker 6: Guys, I've had five COVID tests, Huggy.
Speaker 4: Listen your back that bell so I've never heard him this happy the golden bell, Taylor, how come you've had five?
Speaker 6: I work in childcare so every time I get seeker step or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you got to go and do that. All right, good on you. Thanks according in Taylor. Stay safe yea, And what about that? Are we going up now? Jeels? Jeels, Johns, how many of your hats?
Speaker 6: I've had six Christians?
Speaker 4: Here he goes here he fun no, no, no, So how much are you also in your frontline worker? What's your story? Jewels?
Speaker 7: Well working healthcare, so I guess exposure risks are a little higher.
Speaker 6: That's not always into medic sometimes based into medics. Sorry, but anytime there's a little nipple or anything like that, they prefers not to be at work, So off.
Speaker 7: We go to a testing station.
Speaker 4: All right, good on you, Julie. Thank you very much, and stay safe. That's the cooling mate, Take care. Thanks Allison? Hello, how are you?
Speaker 6: I've had ten?
Speaker 4: Oh no, get that, get it dropped? Too many things, huggy Jack, get it off him?
Speaker 3: What's bell privileges?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it is on the movie in Alien. Hello, Dave Allison? What do you do, my friend that you've had ten COVID tests.
Speaker 8: I'm an age care worker and I'm at the point where i can just do it myself and.
Speaker 4: Tell me this. Have you been vaccinated yet? Not yet?
Speaker 8: I'm going in this week, right, okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lisha, you guys should have been the first to be vaccinated with all the doctors and nurses. But thank you very much, Sure that you do take care, stay safe, and thank you careful.
Speaker 3: They creture you're walking into three aw territory.
Speaker 5: Much stumbled into age care workers and their vaccination yet but.
Speaker 4: They actually should have been Jack, Barbara, Hello, Babs, how many of you hadn't done fifteen?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, go on, Huggy.
Speaker 4: He should have left one last one this as we relaxed. And Barbara, what do you do mate?
Speaker 10: I work in age right?
Speaker 4: Fifteen? I mean, are you hardened to it now where you just don't even feel anything?
Speaker 8: Pretty much? It just depends on who you get.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, who you get? What you've got, like loyalty coins and goes. It's debbiean today.
Speaker 8: Some of them are really gentle and some of them feel like they're digging for gold.
Speaker 5: It's like knowing which barista makes the best coffee. It's like, oh, I love that guy. I won't go in there today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to chat out. Check out all their Yelp reviews of the various COVID testing places. Don't get Michael cold Hands? All right, Barbara, stay say thanks for what you do. News on the Way, Put the put the Dinner away now, Hockey packet away.
Speaker 10: No Christian Hello.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, we had a big revelation on the show that Jack told us that at his wedding six and a half years ago, him and his wife did what many people do, and they did their own bespoke vows. Did you do this parts or were you like me? You did the standard ones that've been around for centuries.
Speaker 11: They work, yes, yes, centuries long, and did not obey in mine? I refuse to honor.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, babe?
Speaker 11: You know in the old, in the old sort of ows, you had to love, honor and obey. And that's a first thing I said to the minister at our first meeting. I said, just let's set the record straight. I will not be saying obey.
Speaker 3: Is that what the bows used to be used to be?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They did?
Speaker 3: Oh, love honor and obey? Yeah, both sides or just the wife both.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's not a misogynistic as the first thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought you said you did that at the altar. You were like the hand went up, like whoa vicar? Back up? What was that one there? You know, scratched out from the record. There's a stenographer there. I'm not agreeing to that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jack and back It did their own vowels, but only Jack did. Jack, why don't you tell them what you were telling us yesterday? And this is a sad story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I even pulled up the video last night to make sure what I remembered was correct.
Speaker 3: We said we would do our own this.
Speaker 4: So you went home and got the Zapruda footage, Olt, Oliver Stone and j Okay back to the left, back into the left, back to the left, go and carry on.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 5: I I write my own vowels and delivered them. And then it was Biancher's turn to say her vows, and she got too emotional, welled up with emotion and essentially said with a gesture, I'm too emotional to say my vows. That was six and a half years ago. Now I find out this weekend that she never actually wrote vowels, and the reason that she didn't say them is because she thought she would improvise them on the day, and then nothing came to her in the moment.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm a fan of improv There was a place for improvisation in all of our lives, however, and that one moment, it's all about get it prepared. You know, nothing's going to come to you up there. There's so many big emotions. It's an amazing moment and it always overwhelms you, and it should always overwhelm you. What's more a loving union like that up there in front of all your family and friends. So I'm curious. There's also jan We didn't get into this yesterday. How did you find out? Had you had a couple of drinks? How do you get onto a topic of your wedding vows over this weekend.
Speaker 5: I think she'd let it slip by accident. She said, because I never in where we were talking about it, and she said because I never wrote them.
Speaker 3: And I said, well, well, pause, Paula. I thought you got too emotional.
Speaker 5: I know that's right. I asked to hear them. We were having a few drinks and I said, can I hear the volt?
Speaker 4: I presumed alcohol is involved, right, So our first week came back in lockdown relationum, ships fall apart. The real reason I'm actually broadcasting from home is I've been thrown out. I'm actually doing the show live from a scaping peace side right now. So drinks are involved, and it all comes tumbling out that she never wrote your vowl.
Speaker 5: I asked to finally hear them. She said that there's none to hear. I never wrote them. So Friday is when I finally get to hear them for the first time. If she spends the week riding them.
Speaker 4: She will. So we called Banchor on the show yesterday and gave her the chance to get this right for Jackie Boys six and a half years later. So this Friday, a very special ceremony is going to be in the studio. Because they're both in the same household, that both play board games together. Those are on the COVID safe websites. Bianchor could come into the studio so that actually they can look into each other's eyes while some there awkwardly doing a show in the background. While these two young love birds, Jack gets to hear the vows that he should have had six and a half hours ago, six and a half hours ago, sorry, six and a half years ago. To make this as much as special ceremony as we can in a radio studio, we need we need a wedding singer. And this morning, not right now, but late on this morning, we are going to be auditioning. You want me to come in so you in the best placed audition here is over the phone, which is always the best way to audition any kind of singer, isn't It is over the phone. We're looking for a wedding singer, not someone It doesn't necessarily me to be someone who does this for a living, who's done it before, or sings in a band or anything like that. It's open to amateurs, chances, gig pigs, anyone that fun.
Speaker 3: Don't win any prizes, though, Just to make sure.
Speaker 4: What a prize? Right to sing at your second wedding, I mean normally a second wedding. There's somebody different there. Jackie Boy is a second wedding to the same person. But we need a wedding singer, so late on this morning you still need to work out what do we think is the go to staple wedding song these days? But I don't mean that the first times in the top three, he's got me. What's on the Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 5: I reckon that number one ed shearing these days? In current times, it's got to be perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon it's what about angels, Robbie, Now it's not people, don't.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 4: We're never more than a hair's breath away from darkness. Go back and listen to yesterday's news bulletin. It was full of it. I keep telling you, only it's about death, just because it's about an angel. He's saying, she's like an angel. I'm loving angels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe I think that's right. The angels passed on.
Speaker 4: This is don't ruin it for everyone has that their wedding. It's not going to kill Robbie Williams career. Let's not spread the rumor the right that that song is about death. So anyway, Robbie Williams, Ed Shearing give us the coolest morning? What are the other what's on the mount rush of wedding songs? So what's the ad sheering?
Speaker 3: One perfect? Or actually he's got two perfect, and then he's got that one that's.
Speaker 4: Not that pervy one, the shape review.
Speaker 3: No, no, no one.
Speaker 4: That's like the creepiest song ever. You know he cond be saying to a girl in any age. You know it's a different time now, Ed, you can be saying about the shape of view. It's a pervy old song. So which Eddie wanted? Are not over familiar with his back catalog?
Speaker 5: What's the one where Ed sings about will both turn seventy years old?
Speaker 3: One der?
Speaker 4: We now sound five hundred years of age. We're so out of touch, we're fumbling around. Ed sheering songs? Not something really zeitgeisty. What's the one where he said, you know he's got his little guitar blessing in those foot pedals.
Speaker 3: It's an adorable boy, all right.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely that he can't grab bed, but lovely guy. Anyway. What's on the mount Rushmore of wedding songs? Remember you know what is the sheering song? We've got no idea about the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast this.
Speaker 4: Morning, we're trying to form a mount Rushmore of what are the go to songs at every wedding? And on this morning we need you to call in if you want to be our resident wedding singer for Jack's wedding Part two this Friday, when he finally gets after six and a half years ago when he didn't get them. Biancher's wife is going to give the wedding vows that she didn't write six and a half years ago. Poor Jack Post, I'm surprised, isn't front page of the Herald Sun today? Jack Posts Show is exclusive TMZ is in a vowless relationship. Before we go any further and take your song suggestions for the mount Rushmore of wedding songs. Patsy IONI apology, Robbie Williams Angels Q clip Huggy at Basecamp, thank you. I'm quoting from an article on Smooth Radio's websites. Really I am. This is Robie Williams here in an interview with them. I believe that where and I wrote angels, Angels isn't about anybody. It's about the thoughts that loved ones that have passed on come back and sometimes take care of you and you feel their presence.
Speaker 3: They good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see here it's requested as the number one funeral song.
Speaker 4: Let's not have that as your wedding song Friday, just putting a line through it right now. It's also going nowhere near maybe tomight we're doing the mount rushmore funeral songs. Okay, let's not waste that clip team, leave it up there for tomorrow. All right, there's some let's go to the lines right now. Nine four one four one o four three wants to be on the what should be on the mount rushimo of wedding songs. We've got Brad here, Good morning, Brad. That isn't just me, is it?
Speaker 3: That's everybody?
Speaker 4: What's that metallic noise.
Speaker 3: Let me try. I'll put on channel two.
Speaker 4: You see, people are realizing that I do a bit more on the show than people recognize.
Speaker 3: That holds this.
Speaker 4: Jack what a week glue? That is weakest clue known to mankind. It's not Gill and grow. Let's try Brad again. Brad, good morning, good, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 4: That's great? Yeah, and everything's going great. And Brad edg sharing you can help us out with the song. We were fumbling around what is the edge sharing song? We were trying to a world work out what it was.
Speaker 9: I's thinking out loud, it's.
Speaker 2: A honey, now.
Speaker 3: This is what I yes, this is it.
Speaker 4: It's the one where he's in the little ballroom dancing scene.
Speaker 2: Clearly what a movie video.
Speaker 4: M It is a nice video. It's beautiful song this as well, it's about now you know what we're going on to. No smoothly got an arstic about this as well. Tell you what if you need an article about any of these songs, Smooth shout out to Smooth the radio. They've got this stuff locked down. It's it was about his girl for all at the time. They're not together anymore. First line is it's about an enduring love, you know, love that lasts forever. Opening line when your legs don't work like they used to before, which is, oddly enough, one of my bespoke wedding of ours that I wrote for my wife. I just wanted to know if there were any issues with her legs, I was still going to love her, you know, and we we would still be okay, Brad, thank you very much? Sa cool. Yeah, no man, yep, let's go to Adam.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, I don't want to miss the things.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, just gonea vine for you, Jackie, fill in this for Friday again.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a kind of a down song.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a this is a joyous song. You don't want to miss a thing in your you know, not a single board game, Wingspan, Catan, when you're in silence, wul your lovely wife, Bianka. You don't want to miss a thing?
Speaker 3: Well, I did miss a thing. I missed the vowels and that's why we're here.
Speaker 4: Alright, Yep, let's scratch that one. That one and what's the other one we're taking off as well, angels. Robbie Williams Ashley, good.
Speaker 13: Morning, good morning, how are you going.
Speaker 4: Ashley, what other songs should be on that mount rushmore of wedding songs?
Speaker 8: Six and a half years. You gotta have your steal one Bush and I.
Speaker 4: Right smell that cheese. Quatcha foma show? Fread out the oven? How about still the one? Jackie Boy, She's still the one, You're still the one.
Speaker 3: I don't mind this.
Speaker 5: It is yeah, because we we've already had the wedding, but she's steal the one in my life.
Speaker 4: I'm hopefully still great out of that confirmation. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Christ Connell sho podcast.
Speaker 4: So the world we're into right now in Lockdown, I'm currently doing the show from home today. Yesterday had to go and get COVID tested along with the rest of my family while I wait for the results. Obviously isolating, and so I'm doing the show from home. Actually it's been quite This is the first time I've ever done the show from home since I've been in Australia on the radio. Here, I think we know that you can get quite a bit of your household chores done during the ads and the songs.
Speaker 5: There's lots of clunking around during the songs, and there's clunking it sounded like there was a vacuum on for a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, no vacuum. I was feeding the I was actually feeding the dogs. And I managed to feed the two dogs, take them out for poop, and the guard and pick up the poop, and unload the dishwasher as well. So it's actually quite nice now. I know when you guys were down the line for weeks while Jack was reluctant to come back in, you actually get quite a lot of done. All right, So this morning show, we'll be doing three topic Tuesday. In about twenty minutes time, we're going to be looking for wedding singers, auditioning wedding singers tomorrow. I was sorry this morning. No experience needed, okay, just need to be able to bounce out. We're thinking at the moment, just been chatted on the producer down the line. We're thinking, so do you still like Shania Twain? You're the one?
Speaker 5: Well still the one was the one of three callers we had that I thought was the best. But it's not my favorite love song of all time. I don't even think I've really listened to it all the way through.
Speaker 4: Something I heard that you were looking at the music video during the news. Is that right?
Speaker 3: Actually, I was watching a live performance of Shania Twain in this way.
Speaker 4: To see it MTV unpluged. I think I missed that one with Shania.
Speaker 3: No Las Vegas twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: She rides a white horse out onto the stage while singing the soccer that is that is.
Speaker 4: How to do it?
Speaker 9: Kids?
Speaker 4: What she's singing it on the wing on the horse man alive to beIN at that topin that horse. Oh mind go there now? Anyway, AnyWho, we've got three tombit Tuesday coming up. This is where we do three phone ins at the same time, and obviously she's just sort of come up with the ideas and the various phone ins. Sometimes some don't make the cup and some that are just kind of I'm not sure whether we get any callers. There's one that Jack you sort of mentioned last week and I saw last night you pushed it forward again. Normally this means you've got it's a little bit flimsy. It means I've run out of ideas. Yes, I'm going back to the world. Fair enough, fair enough last night, share your good news that you found out last night.
Speaker 5: I'm officially an uncle as of last night. My brother and his partner had a little baby boy, still unnamed. But the group chat, the family group chat was gone.
Speaker 3: Wild last night, red hot, congrats.
Speaker 4: And still unnamed? Is actually the hipster name they're going with. You never know these days. You never knowed a great name for Agid. Her names get here. So now the idea was, Jack has got an idea about It's I. I'm trying to remember it from the two times you push it towards me. What can you smell from your house?
Speaker 3: I actually stand by this idea.
Speaker 4: Now, no, I do, jah, which is why I want to test it all right, what can you smell from your house? To Jack, you tell us what can you smell from your house?
Speaker 5: So this I pitched this first last week before we were in lockdown. I was at a friend's house. From his apartment, when you're standing out on the balcony, you can smell a strong scent of KFC from the end of his street.
Speaker 4: He says, exactly is the smell of KFC?
Speaker 13: What is it?
Speaker 5: You know, if anybody's been within two hundred meters of a KFC, you know what the smell is.
Speaker 4: Good times, Yes, that what you're saying.
Speaker 3: It smells like it juices. It's just gotta smell McDonald's. Has it smell? KFC? Has it smelled? Subway? Has it smell? They've all got their smell, he says.
Speaker 5: Even in the summer, when he's got the windows open to the balcony, he'll be sitting on his couch watching TV.
Speaker 3: He can smell KFC. Almost twenty four seven, Lovely.
Speaker 4: Patsy, can you smell anything from your house?
Speaker 11: You know when I when I was pregnant with Audrey, I had the sense of smell like a fox, and I could smell the What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well, I just had this you start rummaging through your names those takeaway guns alone, you fox.
Speaker 3: I also didn't know you've got special powers.
Speaker 11: Heightened and I could smell smell them smoking in their backyard over the house at.
Speaker 3: The back fox.
Speaker 4: Foxes always smell that they put that out. We can get passive something, you know from that? Okay, all right, well let's give this a go. I love this. I hope what can you smell from your house? Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: All right, So before we get into this week's three tombic Tuesday we're trying out this one from Jack. What can you smell from your house?
Speaker 5: From my friend's apartment if you're on the balcony two hundred or three hundred meters down the road is the KFC He smells at twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Lucky man Martin, good morning, here you go. I'm good Martin. So what can you smell from your house?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a bit of a lottery because we've got three things that we can smell. One is sort of me saying from the dump at Clayton.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Not The other one is aviation fuel from the airport we're having an airport, which is quite coose.
Speaker 13: But the best one is mister.
Speaker 1: Donuts, which so the smell of donuts and baking bread, which thankfully is the most common one.
Speaker 4: That's good, isn't it?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: I want that if it's such a trifect. You've got the other methane from the dump, aviation fuel, and then donuts the one I want to hear most of in the mix. There is the lead beg is mister donuts. Harmony set this one out, guys. He's got this one that's a going on there. What is the area that you live in Martin.
Speaker 13: So right next to Merevin Airports, right, yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha, I know where you are, all right, Martin, thank you very much for me cool. I hope it's a donut day to day on both counties. All right, Nikki, good morning, Good morning, Nikki. It's a question that has to be asked. What can you smell from your house?
Speaker 8: Christian?
Speaker 6: When I was a kid, we live ne the Hinds Factory and we could sell tomato soup?
Speaker 4: Was it always tomato soup? Were they just churning out three hundred and sixty five days year, never any chicken or malakatona?
Speaker 6: No, it was just because, I guess, because it's such a some smell. It was just, oh, we could smell with tomato soup. And even now when I sell smadow sleep, I think of my childhood, yes, and that, Yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did anyone's mum whenever they're sick? What are the health properties of tomato soup? Last week, right when I was off, suddenly my wife turned up in the bedroom right with a bowl. I went, please don't tell that tomato soup? What are the health properties off this golden elixa?
Speaker 5: Actually anyone tried to give me tomato soup when I was feeling well, I would think I'm fine, I don't.
Speaker 4: Need Please not the dreaded tomato soup. Nikki, thank you very much. You call us one more. Andrea, good morning, Good morning, guys, good morning. I was leaving some room for the other two there. They obviously just left you hanging, and it is really rude. Andrea, what's the smell from your house?
Speaker 7: Lamb on a speech, A man on a spit, Lamb.
Speaker 4: What a country I've moved to. That'd be a warranty upon me at any moment, could be you on that spit. They're roasting screams for miles.
Speaker 7: You need kangaroo camel. But yeah, man on the spit, ca.
Speaker 3: Camel from barbecue and Andrews house.
Speaker 4: I think this camel needs ano about ten hours. There's humps, a little bit dry. So is that you are you near a Greek restaurant or no.
Speaker 7: I'm in the heart of Greek suburbia.
Speaker 4: So it's a lovely smell that I love Greek.
Speaker 7: It's just divine. So every Sunday it started Greek Easter several weeks.
Speaker 4: Every every Sunday, they just do it every Sunday. They don't steak till.
Speaker 7: One somewhere in the suburbs.
Speaker 13: On the street on the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly as my friends say. You to make make pals with your with your neighbors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or do what Patsy does just to start rubbaging through their beans. Wish you had the sonic super powers. Pregnant and that camel. Don't forget Hi, Andrew, Thank you very much, you cool, Take care. Thanks to the show.
Speaker 2: Bye bye now Chris Christin O'Connell Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So every Tuesday we hunt for your best stories. We're always blessed on the show. You are the lifeblood of everything we do on the show, all the emails, all the texts, all the misheard lyrics, and all the stories every single day. And Toby Tuesday three top tuesdays where we run three phone ins at the same time, hugging. Let's play the music and here are today's topics. Jackie boy, I'm loving What can you Smell from your House? It lives on, it stays on. What can you Smell from your House? Just joined us. We're doing important radio again right the cold face of entertainment. What can you smell from your house? See you just tuned in. You've miscalls about me, thane and aviation fuel and donuts. What's it for you? What can you smell from your house? Some good news? We already good news right now, Jack Post is an uncle. That is great news. And what an uncle you're going to be. You'll be an amazing uncle. But you will be every family's got one, that crazy uncle.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: I think I'm hoping to be the wise uncle who gives life lessons and that the many.
Speaker 4: Of us had dreams of what we hoped we turn out to be. Look at the state of me, all right. I didn't want it to turn out on this Jack.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got you've got nephews. What kind of uncle are you to.
Speaker 4: Those crazy crazy you know what, pretty hot crazy uncles. We're looking for your stories this morning of crazy uncles in families. I always think, right, it's about the auntie and uncles, aren't they. You two will have some funny old aunties and uncles I have in my fun family as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I've got my uncle used to he was a police officer, mind you, but when we were in the car to scare us, when we went over train tracks. He would start driving down the train tracks.
Speaker 3: He was a police officer.
Speaker 4: Doesn't make it all right perking the job if you're in vic police. I've never seen him going it's okay, it's okay. I'm with my kids. My kids just coming through.
Speaker 3: What an uncle?
Speaker 4: What a thrill seeker?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 4: Wait there go, we've got our first one. Crazy uncles? What is your story about your crazy uncle? And Patsy? You were off last week with honslitis. The company were, you know, they were trying to hopefully that you were going to come back anyway, but also just to celebrate mark the fact that in your second run in this radio station. They were they couldn't work out whether it was your tenth year working here or you eleventh year. Now, I said, how do you not know you've been paying her? Do you burn the records for Patrina Jones? There's no pay portrayal that she ever worked here.
Speaker 3: So they went for a kind of in between gifts.
Speaker 5: They didn't want it to be too good that it represented if it was an eleven year and a verse three, but they didn't want to be bad if it was a ten year.
Speaker 3: It was the latter.
Speaker 11: It was eleven years, but they wouldn't include my Matt leave, so effectively it was ten years. But am milestone all the same.
Speaker 4: Let's not get into why they didn't include your mate leave. There's just leave that Leah in all things. Yeah, like I said, yeah, key word, leave that struggling today, guys to rain and control if you all went a half an hour away? All right? Okay? Wrong dates maybe even celebrating a birthday wrong date for years and years and years. This company's got no idea whether Patsy's been at ten or eleven years?
Speaker 9: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Hockey was just telling me every year they get his birthday date wrong, he gets them, he gets one of those try old happy birthday employeen number nine thousand, nine hundred and fifty two, and it's like it's always the wrong day. He's been in nine hundred and sixty two years. He built the station.
Speaker 5: He was born in a year before they actually had calendar, so it's very hard to market one.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was he was born in the radio. It was all fields around here when he started. AnyWho wrong dates? So this morning then on three topic Tuesday, what can you smell from your house? Wrong dates and crazy uncles? Nine four one four one oh four three. And what a prize, my friends, whether you want one or not. I'm going to send you a free copy of my book. I say free like I'm going to say, Hey, here's my bank details, transfer the money Mates rates. You can have it for twenty bucks. You can want a sit copy of a book. It's out today. No one listens to your dad's show, Christian O'Connell Podcast three Tombit Tuesday. The phone in is this morning where you can jump on board on your phone one oh four three, give us a call. Great news this morning that Jack Post is going to become an uncle and you'll be an amazing uncle.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm not even becoming one. I am one.
Speaker 4: The baby is born. Sorry that I must correct my tents, must get these things right. Jesus Christ, just go with the flow. It's just radio, okay, inspector logic. Anyway. Jack has become an uncle. Are we all clear about that? Do not ever ever say it's in the street. Hey, good luck when you become an uncle. He is one, he's actively and he's uncling right now in the studio your crazy uncle stories on one oh four three. Wrong dates. This radio station is not sure whether Patsy's been with us ten years or eleven years and walk in his smell from your house nine four one four one oh four three let's go too, Sorry, I'm working from home to is this Mick, Mick?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Mick, hope you're well. Thanks your calling the show.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Got about my crazy uncle Kevin, who was known as Daggy YEP. One of my favorite stories. He had to take a year and specimen in a year and specimen into the doctors. So he's got a small whiskey bottle and filled it full of cold tea, and he's walked into the surgery and presented this to the doctor and the doctors had to look at it and held up for the light and says it's a bit of a strange color. Mister Rogers, he says, oh is it? No worries I women through again. He's taken the top off and drained the bottle in front of the horrified doctor.
Speaker 4: That is a crazy uncle story. You asked those crazy uncle stories. He's going to down that fake your infou you'rein tea then front of the old doctor.
Speaker 13: Hit a shock to the old doc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet. Yeah, Mick, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 12: No worries, mate. Bye.
Speaker 4: You're writing that one down, Jack.
Speaker 3: Do you think that doctor was shocked thing they're saying a prank?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's probably got a little tiny chat and it's gonna have the five hundred one this week next No, Sharon, good morning, Good morning, Sharon. Wrong date. What's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so my sister in law was one of fourteen children and she always celebrated her birthday on the twentieth of April, which is also my brother's birthday. So they presumed, you know, that was all good. They'd celebrate their birthdays together. And when they actually got married, she got a birth certificate and it's actually the twenty first of April. For twenty light years she celebrated on the twentieth, but now she celebrates on the twenty third.
Speaker 4: But do you think your mom just did it for convenience or.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: It was actually her mum, she's my sister in law. I suppose with fourteen kids, she was in the middle of them. She just thought, oh, well, whatever that date was, they'll.
Speaker 4: Do, yes, kit family birthday.
Speaker 9: For all.
Speaker 8: Birthday the twentieth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got that many kids. Just make life easy way if you can, right, I'd get tip X out on that birth certificate and just fake them all.
Speaker 8: I think it was only hers.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure about the shah.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much and cool, no worries.
Speaker 13: Have good day and you Steven, Hey Christian, Uh look on the crazy uncle good Man?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: Why make the first birthday? I did buy her motorbike, a dirt bike.
Speaker 4: How old was she?
Speaker 9: Five?
Speaker 13: She just, she said one when I brought her the motorbike on her first birthday?
Speaker 4: You brought her motorbike as a one year old going to get on a dirt bike? Oh?
Speaker 13: She did?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: Side side car?
Speaker 13: Or like a full on proper Pewey fifty motorbike.
Speaker 3: It's like a Way's Brother movie.
Speaker 13: Yes, it's just just recently, on a third birthday, I brought her a goat.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what about you? You as an uncle, right, you never know what you're going to get on your birthday. My uncle Steven's around on your birthday? You know what I mean? Where do you go?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: You've pete so soon? You've done the motorbike at one, the goat at three? What's there for five? Ten eleven and eighteen and twenty one, and what about where.
Speaker 13: You go to Oh I no, I just I just seen the goat and I was like, oh yeah, sure grabbed that goat.
Speaker 4: You have the feeling Steven didn't pay for that go You just saw it the side of the side of a road, just grabbed it and shoved it in the car.
Speaker 3: Now right, A billion in the motorcycle.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much a Patty giving us heads up about tonight. I can't believe that asteroid, Chad, do you hear that it's only seven point two million kilometers away from.
Speaker 5: Us, traveling at sixty four thousand kilometers an hour.
Speaker 4: I mean, everyone's day safe. I mean that is like me texting Jack going I'm very near your house. How far away? Seven point two millions away? Wave out the window. I'm going to be gunning it. I can't stop.
Speaker 3: Come on, stop the asteroid.
Speaker 4: I'm an asteroid. I'm the size of the Eifall Tower. There are always the size of some of those asteroids, aren't they. They're perfectly sized to things we can understand. God bless those aliens. All right, we're doing three topic Tuesday, it's a standing once a month, isn't that There's an asteroid the size of in sir mcg or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's like a bit.
Speaker 5: It's a bit, boy, cried wolf. I reckon one's going to be coming at us. But because we hear about them in the news all the right, we won't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Now one time we don't worry about it's all over and we never know about it, all right. So three topic two staying running. Three phone is at the same time nine four one four one o four three. Jack is an uncle. That is the breaking news this morning. He's an active uncle. He's uncling live on the radio right now. And so congratulations to you brother as well and all your family. I bet they are made up with this news, aren't they.
Speaker 5: Everybody's over the moon where everybody's desperate for more pictures, more information.
Speaker 3: We don't even know the baby's name yet.
Speaker 4: Boy or girl. We allowed to know Jack.
Speaker 3: He is a boy.
Speaker 4: That is good news. He is a boy, confirmed, all right? So crazy uncle stories. Also wrong dates. This radio station unsure whether Patsy has been working and paid by the for ten years or eleven years? What are your wrong dates? That you've got and what can you smell from your house? Nine four one four one oh four three. Early on this morning, Jack stundersall as he often does, but this time about his uncle. Please tell that uncle. Story about your uncle that was in the police. Was the police.
Speaker 3: He has retired now, but he didn't get fired. He he was my crazy uncle.
Speaker 5: He would scare us by driving down train tracks instead of driving along the road. Also, he once took me on a sting. Oh yeah, when he was an active police officer. He took me on a sting. He got me to bring mum and dad's camcorder and I hid in the back of the Jack.
Speaker 4: Can we get this once a week? Right, story a week from your uncle? Please carry on. I want to be in this scene. He got you to bring your cam card what.
Speaker 3: To film it, to film it.
Speaker 5: So he was setting up a fake purchase of a PlayStation two that had been chipped. They were trying to crack down on chipping PlayStations and illegal burning of games. So he was going to buy the PlayStation and the games off a guy in a service station and we parked in there and then.
Speaker 4: I was and you're part of this trying to take down some criminal underworld.
Speaker 3: I was filming. I was twelve.
Speaker 5: I was in the back of his Torago with a jacket over my head and hooch filming the interaction in the purchase of the PlayStation.
Speaker 4: We're scared.
Speaker 3: No, I actually remember being really excited.
Speaker 4: Tim on the show. We've got to look for stories that I love, stories about when people go to work with a family member. That's insane. That's amazing, all right, nine four one four one oh four three, Let's get Jim. Jim has been waiting on hold for about ten minutes. Jim, good morning. I'm good Jim, but I hope you well this morning. Thanks for waiting on hold for us, Jim, what's your story for us this morning? On three topic Tuesday?
Speaker 10: My ex partner with mother, we've lived in Werriby. I'm I'm sure the back on the decks you can smell the smell. They smell a nice see it. But it wasn't. It was actually the series plant.
Speaker 11: Oh, now come a week copperbad wrap.
Speaker 4: Out West.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with yes space out West. There is a patch. I've got to say, Christian, remember when we drove out to the one Electric.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm half an hour away down the light to day. I'm all right, you're not. I worry your safety. Jack. I don't remember that story whatsoever. I'm swearing the Fifth Amendment. It never happened. We never smelled the.
Speaker 3: Smell of poop, not since the eighties.
Speaker 11: They fixed the treatment.
Speaker 4: Chat would bring that up years ago. I can remember some things that never stayed with us. Jack, all right, any who ninety four one four four three, This is Robbie Williams on Gold Let me entertain you. So we're looking for your stories of crazy uncles, wrong dates and what can you smell from your house and obviously cannot smell sewage anywhere? And where are we?
Speaker 2: Fact the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Everyone calling the show today again a copy of my book, No One Listens to Your Dad's Show, which is out today. It's out today, but we obviously aren't out today. So like the radio show, let the book come to you. And I don't know, I don't who knows whether we're going to be coming out this the weekend or a wee bit longer. But thank you very much to everyone whos been buying the book as well and pre ordering it as well. You will get it this week. Thank you also as well. My book is out today and I'm really proud of it. Actually, I've put my heart and soul into the book and it's about the move here, but it's also about something else, which is what I want to talk about this morning. And Jack and Pats know about this, and they've known for a bit of time as well. But one thing I want to talk about when I told my story was I want to tell the real reason of why I moved here. And I've never really talked about it before for a reason because I felt ashamed of it. And sometimes when we have something tough in our life, we feel we feel shame, and it keeps you in a very small place. It makes you feel very lonely as well. And five years ago, five or six years ago, and my life was in a very different place. I had terrible anxiety attacks and I couldn't do the one thing that I've always loved in my life, which is this radio. And for an awful period, I wasn't I was having any terrible anxiety tacks. As I was walking into the radio station and I had to had to go home, and my wife, as always, was a great support and she said, it's always a defining moment in relationship. And she said, I think you need to go and get help. And I did, and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. And even though it was a very, very tough time in my life. And I also want to assure you that this book, I haven't just written this for three inches and thirty two pages. It isn't it's like some Angela's ashes misery fest. It's part of my story, it isn't the whole story. And even though that happened in my life, I actually grew through it. I learned some stuff. I learned some new things about what to do and if it can help one person. And right now in the world, there is a lot of people stuff anxiety. It's not unique to me. It comes in various forms. This just happened to be mine. The amazing thing is and this could be you as well. If you're in it right now, you've been in it before and you might be in it again. Is you can get through it. And I also from not being able to do a radio show, I had a kind of Once I got better and was able to get back to the thing I love in my life, which is radio. I was able then to make some changes in my life. And if I could give one bit of advice to anyone who if you ever go through this is the mistake I made that made it harder was I looked the other way. And sometimes we do that in tough times. We sort of we're hardwired these days to be risk and pain averse, and we look the other way. We're looking the other way from us. And actually, what my big thing was looking the other way and looking towards what was actually going on to me. And I can say this now that actually the anxiety attacks were that were the best thing that ever happened to my life. Without them, I wouldn't have come to Australia. Please don't think you need to respond to any kind of anxiety life by moving on the other side of the world. That's a very extreme overcorrection, all right. The book isn't saying the only way you can slay anxiety is to move to a different hemisphere.
Speaker 5: If you can point on the map that it's further away than further away from where you are right now.
Speaker 4: Throw a dart at the globe and go there, you know. And that's why Tony Robbins awakened the giant within. Don't do it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. However, the story isn't about that. It's part of my life. It probably be bubbling around for a while, but it isn't all of me, and it doesn't define who I am. I've stormaged to have an amazing life and I've got to come to Australia with my wife and kids. So some of you might have seen the article that was in the Herald Sun and Sunday about all this, and so the real reason why I put it in the book is because my kids have You know, if you've got teenagers, they're going to go through tough times. And I found myself saying this a lot. Oh, you know, it's very human to struggle. You've got nothing to feel ashamed about. One of them said to me, it's all right for you, what do you know, and I thought, well, I am ashamed. I'm not living to what I want them to aspire to do. So I put it in there. It's a bit at the start of the book. Perhapsy you're reading the book, it's not all the book in there. Il really helps it. I put my heart ins on the book. It is funny because it's been amazing. You're in this book as well, Jack, Patsy, lots of the callers to this show, some of the hate mail, and then the people that have really made a difference in our life, like Peter Logan, you're in there as well. It isn't just my story. It's a story of if this show exists. Because you listen to it and you support it with all your phone calls that you do in your emails and you misheardly, it sures you are as much part of this show as me, Jack and pats and I love that. I hope that we're building something new in front of your ears and eyes any hearts sometimes as well. And I've always wanted to make this show. When I moved here, I wanted it to be a place where I guess I just after going through that it was so hard. I always wanted to make a radio show where there's anyone feeling like that they didn't need to fit alone. And I want to maybe hopefully I'll get through some minute. Guys, don't worry, thanks for garing. Jack actually actually thought he's gone. In is Tesla Tesla, there are big emotions right now. This was not in the running order to come and get me.
Speaker 3: But no, I always I want, I want to forget.
Speaker 4: An ten minutes down me. I'm struggling out and weeping in my own house, Jack, and that's not enough for him. No, I want this show to be someone we can talk about all of life, the silly things we do, and the other you know, the other emotions as well. I want to bring it all to this to this radio show, and I hope we're doing that. So anyway, probably the strangers plunked a book you're ever probably not going to read. But what I was trying to say was man of life. From years of not saying anything to getting the emails from you guys has just been overwhelming. So thank you. Took a break and I'll be back.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: God want at four point three, Christian O'Connell's show cutting crew. I just died in your arms tonight. Jack and Passy probably wondering a week is he going to be okay to do the work? Time? Was stuff? Hello?
Speaker 5: Even I don't know, I don't know. Give me permission to speak and I'll speak. I want to actually say how great the book is. You didn't give me a chance before. I'm already fifty pages in loving the book.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Thank you. All right, let's crack on with the show, all right, so you can win your tickets to go to one Electric Day. It's back at where we part this November. Can only win your tickets now completely sold out here on Gold today. With Jackie Boy becoming an uncle, we're looking for your baby movies. That is the one, isn't it? That's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, baby movies. Oh just see my phone. Good news, I am COVID free, eh. And that means I can go and get my Phisa. Yeah, baby, said my wife, got Asszeneca. I'm phisoring at eleven thirty this morning. That means now get that old big arm out eleven thirty, Watch out, Melbourne Exhibition Center. The gun is coming in Baby movies. Fight crib silver fair enough, dudes, dude, where's my car seat?
Speaker 3: Silver plus?
Speaker 4: That is a gold Come on, you'll have all this, uncle jack placenta of a woman, give it to me, thank you. Where does the baby go to? Wh and they get scared in there? That's right? He goes to the panic womb panic gold plus damn on a row two mo ago, grumpy one year old men. Oh, someone needs a little nap time. Grumpy one year old men old, damn it. And this one No, I'm not doing that last one. It's unbroadcastable. All right, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Baby movies first and the fetuses. That's good gold, Nappy Gilmore, silver, little baby Golfer yep, silver ones. He flew over the kooky's nest.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 9: Gold.
Speaker 3: And Toddler on the roof.
Speaker 4: Toddler on the roof is very good. That's gold. There he is Uncle Jack Everyone.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, So today's at work time. Wster is Baby movies for gramps every day this week sold out one electric day. You can win a pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: Hello, We're ready. Is he not an off?
Speaker 4: He needs to down Dene. He's having a sugar crash, guys? Is he slumped in the faders? Stay with us, Huggy, don't go tools the light. We've got your buddy. Is Hucky doing this? Is he doing his normal show as well?
Speaker 3: He's just preparing for his show after nine?
Speaker 4: Oh, bless him? Be nice if maybe Jack offered to cover that frame.
Speaker 3: You know what I do, but channel lean the buttons after today, I have.
Speaker 4: To see what Hockey did.
Speaker 3: That's harsh emergency.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, let's let's get into these thing baby movies, baby movies, Nappy, Filmmore, Doubler, Oh, Clever, Silvil plus what I'm justin Infirntrey, Gunny drive In, miss Baby, gold, Shinzia, crap Apocalypse now Bronze. Yeah, we changed the pooh I mean that is what you say?
Speaker 3: Is the gold plus?
Speaker 4: Did you have those arguments in the early days, Pats a week? I changed one earlier, so you're turning to do one? Yeah? What am I? The pukes of hazard silver, dirty dribbling silver plus pursuit of Napilus gold desperately seeking southers.
Speaker 13: M.
Speaker 3: Is that to do with?
Speaker 4: Suck a dummy? Suck a dummy?
Speaker 7: It is to deal with?
Speaker 4: Is that to do with a baby?
Speaker 3: Was like if you had a sore throat.
Speaker 11: It's like another word for dummy.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know, bronze, but it still exists, just because you need to get up to speed, Uncle Jack. A star is baby beyond suck a sling?
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 4: The newborn Identity gold. That's very good. The lamb before tummy time. I don't know what you mean by that, Mark, Is that code for you and your wife? Tummy time silver, Clash of the Tantrums silver, Gaga Land gold. That's very good. Janet, I'm getting a baby rash here. I'm getting baby rash here. Bronze inglorious little bastards. That's mean to the I know, naughty naughty lez noughty les, diaper heart silver, nappy feet silver lockstock and two smoking nappies gold. That's very good. Well, I Chris Weekend in Bernie's crib bronze silence with the dummy bronze fifty she to Brown David in Sunbury. That's funny. European lactation instead of European vacation silver. That's good. I am Pram. That's very good. Let's end it there. Who's getting the tickets to go to one Electric Day?
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Mark. We changed the poo.
Speaker 4: We changed a pooh gets the tickets today. Thank you very much. Guys, all the emails that you're sending through you don't need to do it, I'm called, but thank you very much for listening this morning as well. I'm sorry for the over outpouring. There'd be no more of that this week. I'm English and that's enough emotion for more than one week. But thank you all the same for your emails, and yeah they mean a lot, Thank you very much. If some of you are asking questions about the book, what was talking about earlier? If you if you do, if you ever got anything you want to say, or anything you want my take on. Some of you want to know what did I do? Please email me. I will reply to your emails this week. I'd love to get your emails. I love to getting them since Sunday, so if you want to, you always can anytime. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We are back tomorrow morning. Take care, Bye bye, Christian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast