Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Here, you guys. Thursday.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yes it is and you know what that means. What it means tonight. Brittany Hockley is on the project.
Speaker 1: I am, Yes, I am on the project. I'm very worried if you want to tune in and seeming bashed myself, I'm a.
Speaker 2: I'm a host who pulled out no one.
Speaker 3: I someone qualified.
Speaker 1: I finally had time. They've been begging me, ah and I've been very busy, but I was like, you know what, guys, I'll throw you a bone, come on the show.
Speaker 2: Do you know what seat you're sitting in?
Speaker 4: Because as far as I'm concerned, watching the project John Channel ten every night. On the left is the funny person. On the right is the serious person. Where are you sitting?
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm in the middle left because I'm important and funny.
Speaker 3: No, you are sitting on the right.
Speaker 5: And that's usually the person that doesn't really know what they're doing but just adds a little bit of flavor.
Speaker 2: Laura's done at a bunch of times. You're fantastic. What's your advice for britt Just smile a lot and use your hands.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what to say, just do this.
Speaker 2: What if there's a tragic news story that's breaking.
Speaker 1: Don't use your hands today on the news, I talked with my hands anyway, you know, I talked with my hand.
Speaker 2: Laura's just done Dancing with the Stars. So Laura said, you need.
Speaker 4: To do the charcher delivering the news if I can sumber up to the desk.
Speaker 3: I just realized I got my shows mixed up.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's terrible advice.
Speaker 2: Wrong show. We'll good luck, Britt, We love you. You'll be great tonight. Thanks, guys. I'm stilled to come.
Speaker 4: Imagine being in a relationship for almost a year and the person you're with refuses to commit.
Speaker 3: I did. That's an entire year, entire life.
Speaker 4: It's universal, it's real. It's a real issue that people face. We've got a listener on the show wanting our advice. Also on the show today, Taylor Swift's Air as Well tour is coming to Australia. We've been doing it all week. We have your free Taylor tickets coming up really soon. So we've reserved an entire row of tickets for you.
Speaker 2: And your friend.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the prize of the Central I.
Speaker 5: Mean not even we could get tickets to Taylor Swift. So you know I have a bit of a so what about I am still working on it. I have put a call out. I will sell a kidney for some tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well your chance at a full row coming up soon. Here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: Oh, thanks to chemists ware house heading today, great savings every day Thursday afternoon, it is the pick up Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists ware house heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 5: Ask our cut, So asking cut it is a favorite that we do here every Thursday. It is where you call in with your biggest, deeps, darkest problems and we do our best to answer them, even though we're completely unqualified. And we have someone in today who's got a relationship problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alyssa joins us. Hailey, start, what's your issue? What can we help with?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 6: I've been dating a guy for a year and a half.
Speaker 7: Now we are.
Speaker 6: Quote unquote exclusive, but not in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's elusive, but not in a relationship.
Speaker 7: Mean it means that we're not seeing other people.
Speaker 6: It means we sort of act like a couple, except for the fact that there's no commitment.
Speaker 1: You're not seeing other people, but you could if you want to do.
Speaker 7: We're not seeing other people, but we're not boyfriend and girlfriend, which is weird because like I've met his parents, I've met all of his friends, I've met his workplace, He's come to my work party. You know, we've spoken about potential overseas trips. He went and took me the other week to this like really expensive like two thousand dollars a night at Duick's enclosure.
Speaker 8: Sing.
Speaker 5: Now he's doing everything that you would do if you are boyfriend and girlfriend, but he doesn't want to call you his girlfriend, and he doesn't want you to call him your boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, basically, I mean I think the only thing that I don't have is because there's not that official commitment like like once a month. Sometimes he'll just randomly go cold for like a few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dumb, dumb it up.
Speaker 4: So what do you call each other when you go out? Like, oh, can I get a drink for my co worker, my acquaintance.
Speaker 6: Each other's name.
Speaker 5: The reason why I think that this is so especially because it's been going on for a year and a half, which if you want to be in a relationship with him and you want a committed relationship is just way too long. The reason for that is because he gets all the perks of having a girlfriend. You're doing everything that a girlfriend's doing for him. He gets to have someone to call whenever he needs it. He gets someone a booty call whenever he needs it. He has the companionship, the friendship, and zero responsibility. Because if he turns around to tomorrow and says, look, I don't want to be with you anymore, he's going to say, but I told you I didn't want a girlfriend totally.
Speaker 3: Why did you?
Speaker 5: How could you possibly be so mad and upset with me because I've been telling you this whole time I didn't want a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: These situations are absolutely fine if both parties think it's fine and it's a respectful situation. Obviously you're at a point where you don't think it's fine. You want more, and he's not being respectful to me. That's a level of disrespect. So I think if you want a relationship, you need to just tell him what you want, and if he's not going to meet you there, you need to probably walk away.
Speaker 2: Is he older than you or is he younger?
Speaker 6: Is? Yeah, and he's five years older actually yeah, I actually have tried to end it a couple of times, but.
Speaker 7: Honestly, like I'm just so in love with him, I couldn't stand my ground long enough and I ended up crawling back because I just I had such bad anxiety and like every day look.
Speaker 6: At my phone.
Speaker 5: Have you have you ever given him the oldimatum around? If you want this to continue, then I need more. I need more from you.
Speaker 6: I feel like I have an a roundabout way, I potentially haven't been directed off.
Speaker 5: And what does he say to you when you do bring this up, even in an a roundabout way?
Speaker 6: He says that he sorry, I'm getting really much sure, it's really He says that he's not ready to love someone else because he doesn't love himself, because.
Speaker 7: He within himself has the mental health staff, which is why I want to help him, and I want to help him feel love.
Speaker 4: As much as you love him, you need to put that love towards yourself. You can't be giving that to him because no amount of love you give him will ever be enough or.
Speaker 3: We'll fix that problem.
Speaker 5: My other big question is is if he's saying these things to you, that's a huge responsibility for you to take on, and he also needs to be going and doing things like going and seeing a healthcare professional, going and speaking to a psychiatrist. If he's got real mental health problems. You're not the person who should take on the full brunt of the responsibility to fix that for him, not his mother.
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 1: And the other thing to really remember here is so you can be head over heels in love with somebody, they can love you and you cannot be right for each other like that happens. Love doesn't mean soulmate and perfection and healthy relationship. It sounds like you're not going to get what you need from him, and as high as it is, you need to look after you and put your priorities first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, sometimes a bit of space in a relationship can do wonders. Just pull yourself away, call his bluff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes giving yourself a bit of space and saying look, you know, either step up to the table or I think we might need to take a break from this might actually be the thing that makes him go Okay, Well, I don't want to lose this relationship because at the moment he's getting everything he wants without any commitment.
Speaker 6: I feel like I can can do that, but I mind need to give you guys my phone yea.
Speaker 3: In the pickup. It's fine. Sometimes you have to lock mitches away.
Speaker 1: Too far and please let us know how it goes once you have the conversation. Would love to hear.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much, girls, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: No way, Alissa, I'm a boy now if you want to, if you want to get on the air with us, you can ride in.
Speaker 2: There's a full dedicated web page.
Speaker 4: Go to the Pickup dot com and you just sir Jaska and cut write in any issue.
Speaker 2: We'll do a relationship fun.
Speaker 4: It can be sixy Next on the show, Taylor Swift tickets an entire row your chance to win them as she's coming to Australia for her era as well too.
Speaker 2: Are your chance coming up?
Speaker 4: It's the pick up Thursday, Britt and Laura and Mitch here or thanks to chemist where house head in today get great savings every day.
Speaker 3: I need to talk to you about a TikTok.
Speaker 1: Have you ever gone on a date with someone in something you've gotten the ick?
Speaker 3: Like you know the ick right?
Speaker 1: Yes, there has been at this TikTok going viral about this ick that this girl got on a date and it's pretty funny. She's went out to dinner with him whatever. They went back to his apartment and she's like, oh, I'm just gonna excuse myself to go to the bathroom. And she went into the bathroom and what she saw horrified her.
Speaker 2: A corpse in the bathtub, fungle cream.
Speaker 1: Worse, she saw none other than seventeen herbal Essence shampoos and body washers in the shower.
Speaker 3: Wait, so.
Speaker 2: Corpse bottles.
Speaker 5: So this is why it's funny, right, because it started this big debate is this is this bad?
Speaker 1: So she's in the bathroom. She sees seventeen bottles of her Blessings, the exact same one, the exact same flavor.
Speaker 3: They're not all.
Speaker 1: Empty, and he hasn't just been lazy and hasn't taken them out. Some are empty, summer full, some are midlength, some are three quarters like, they're all different, and there's seventeen together. Now she has tiktoked live. She's in the bathroom. She's going, I don't know what to do. I think I need to I think this is a red flags.
Speaker 2: A good idea because he could be a creep, a serial killer.
Speaker 1: I think it's hilarious. I don't think seventeen shampoo bottles is a red flag for a serial killer A guy he's just lazy.
Speaker 2: No, that is a red What is he holding them like it's a shrike?
Speaker 1: I think his mum just gets coupons and she gets like she might have a VP to her blessings.
Speaker 5: I don't know, yes, but what sort of manchild doesn't finish a bottle of shampoo before opening up the next Why has he opened all seventeen at varying degrees of use?
Speaker 1: I must admit I have a lot of shampoo and conditioner in my showers, different levels of.
Speaker 3: How many bottles do you think you have?
Speaker 1: I'll have I'll take a photo at home.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot.
Speaker 5: The last time I was in your shower, they're all very showered. They were very moldy in the bottom, which makes me think you don't clean out your shower more so than just like collecting bottles.
Speaker 4: I know this feeling when you're with when it's a new date or you're seeing someone for the first time and you just notice something.
Speaker 2: That's off and you go, oh, that's odd. Should I worry about that? Or should I ignore it.
Speaker 1: I remember I haven't been on the date once. And I went back to the house and in his room it was just filled shelves, the bed, the beds on the table, there was a chair in the corner.
Speaker 5: It was filled with like soft toys, but like he was collecting Teddy Bears.
Speaker 1: And it was a real Australian theme, so like a lot of Australian animal.
Speaker 2: Bright red hair on.
Speaker 5: If you go, if you get to a man's house, this is what. I'm a grown man and he's got a collection of Teddies.
Speaker 1: It's not like it no, because there's nothing crazy, but it's also enough to be like, oh, I don't know if I'm into.
Speaker 4: The thirteen six five? What made you leave the house? What major leave the date? Bella, what happened to you?
Speaker 10: I hear you with the soft toys? And I'm going to take it higher. So I'll see this guy about the third date, right, And.
Speaker 9: I was, yeah, cool, I like him, well doing a Netflix and chill session. And we got in there, we had a popcorn, we had a more teasers. I was already and you know, flapped up the hell that kind of thing, and you know how it comes up like recently watched on your Netflix, like.
Speaker 2: Last programs that you've you've been watching.
Speaker 10: There was just all these kids shows like Dora.
Speaker 5: No, maybe he shares his subscription with someone who has a kid, got.
Speaker 10: Their own signing like and I asked him. I was like, do you have a nephew or a niece or no? He was an early child, so.
Speaker 3: And he was watching the Wiggles.
Speaker 10: Yes, some good songs, but come on.
Speaker 2: Did you get the big red car and zoo out of there?
Speaker 10: I was gone. I was literally gone before we could even order dinner.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a.
Speaker 3: Thing, right, it's not. It's not.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's not a serial killer, but it's something that's like, it's just not right.
Speaker 2: Georgia on thirteen one, six five Why did you leave?
Speaker 5: The day?
Speaker 8: I went home with a guy after the club and upon coming into his house, in his bedroom he had posters. But they weren't just like normal posters. They were the old you know, in the middle of the magazine, the half page ones that you pull out put on your wall, and they were like Nelly and Neo and I think it was on the star wall. What I'm talking like a twenty seven year old man with magazine cutouts on his wall. It was cop of cringe worthy me.
Speaker 3: Wait, what did you say?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Did you leave? Were you like okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I can't be intimate with a man who's got cutouts of his favorite rappers on the.
Speaker 3: Wach say it's getting in here.
Speaker 2: After you guys get intimate. It's like, do you want to read a copy of Dolly?
Speaker 3: I once went home with a guy who put on the ride at that? How does he? And I was like this, it's got to be satirical.
Speaker 4: Wait, and it wasn't all right. Next on the show, hey, listen, I have a health update. As you know, I'm in my period of health and wellness.
Speaker 5: You are you were dropping? You were like wasting away right in front of our eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm thin and brittle. I mean I'm chicken breast and bruccoli.
Speaker 3: And sniffing lettuce and all.
Speaker 4: For a good reason. And I've got a big announcement to make after this. On the pick Up, it is the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist Warehouse Now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes. Chemists Warehouse Great savings every day. Those that don't know, I've actually today officially it marks a ten kilo point. I've lost ten kilos.
Speaker 3: That is a huge achievement.
Speaker 5: And also I say this because when I walk in, I'm like, who is that slim.
Speaker 3: Handsome looking man sitting there image True's chair. Sometimes it's you.
Speaker 1: I know, Oh we did with shavey his hair off. Tankilo has gone. I'm actually he's taken it very seriously. Mitch and I were at lunch a couple of days ago, and I thought you were joking, but you weren't. The salad came out.
Speaker 5: It was a salad, and not only did he ask for the croutons on the side because he wanted one, he then said he didn't think he could eat all the olives and feta because he was really calorie counting that day.
Speaker 1: So I ate his feta and olives out of his salad like.
Speaker 3: You are being so.
Speaker 2: I'm really strict. Olives are a Tuesday Friday food.
Speaker 3: That's probably a little bit too strict. I enjoy yourself a bit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about you. I'm also happy for you.
Speaker 4: At the same time, I don't want to paint a negative picture. I you know, I've spoken about it overly on this show. I've gone through a big breakup my partner of five years and I split. I was the heaviest I'd ever been coming out of COVID, and I was comfort in a relationship and I needed to kick up the butt because I wasn't healthy.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel good. I felt sluggish. I was so tired.
Speaker 4: And seriously, with his ten kilo weight loss in about eight weeks, I feel so much better already, and I feel good. So I'm embracing it. I'm walking every day, I'm counting my steps.
Speaker 1: What do you think the biggest thing has been just making sure you walk every day? Do you think that's been the real.
Speaker 2: No, it's the protein farts.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah's you now smell like my husband. He's needed doing protein farts for you. And honestly, meles like you've eaten a pound of rotting meat.
Speaker 2: Well, Laura and I have.
Speaker 1: Actually, we want to support you on this journey in this quest. So we have put together like the top trending wellness trends and we want to read something out and we think that you should pick one to try.
Speaker 5: Well, we've done this because we know that you are dedicated, and you've said to us that you will try anything on your quest to be the fittest version of Misterrui.
Speaker 2: That you could. Okay, I'm interested, I'm down.
Speaker 3: I like a challenge, but you have to pick one of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're going to give me options, and.
Speaker 1: I choose five options. The first one is hay bathing. Now, before you say what is hay bathing, good question is where you bathe in the hay? So did you make these up or have you got it's back from the Dolomites, like the farmers that live in the Dolomites in Italy. So what they used to do is that have a really hard day at work and then they'd fall asleep in the hay like that you would feed horses and do farming stuff with. And they one hundred percent believe that the nutrients that come out of the hay help with aches and pains and just help you feel better. So it's almost like a recovery bath, a recovery get really.
Speaker 2: Bad hay fever, I'm ruling out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, this one is. It sounds nice and easy.
Speaker 5: It feels like it's something that should be all around us all the time, but apparently you need a really intense.
Speaker 2: Shot of it.
Speaker 3: It's called an oxygen shot.
Speaker 5: Basically, you have to lay there and you get these little things put up your nose and you get fed pure, unadulterated oxygen.
Speaker 3: Could you fill your lungs?
Speaker 5: It is a therapy that is said to boost energy, relieve stress, and ease headaches.
Speaker 3: And when you say could you not just do this? Were you gonna say? Breathe like this? Ready?
Speaker 4: Let's see some shots now everyone, three two one.
Speaker 1: We're going to help you with this one, or we will volunteer if you need to. Urine therapy. Yeah, so you it's it's it's widely known that it's great for hydration. It's got vitamins urine. What you will do is consume urine. So I was thinking, don't drink it straight because it's a bit too much. But we could put it in like a smoothie or ours. That's why I said we could help you.
Speaker 3: You can donate if you want some. We all have a bit to go.
Speaker 4: Do I we intil a cup and drink the whole thing, or do you like get a shot of it like Coddy's Cordial and dilute it.
Speaker 1: I think you put it in a smoothie.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Peranem sunning is basically where you lay outside and you put your backside hole up into the air and you let the sun shine down because apparently it's the only part of the body that doesn't get any vitamin D except in your case.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a couple of weeks. In a couple of weeks, you know what I yeah, I use that. Yeah, let's let's do butt sonning.
Speaker 3: You're gonna sun your butt.
Speaker 4: Take your pick out of guzzling urine and sleeping next to a cow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'll sun my butt.
Speaker 1: You were coming at us very aggressively for two people that are just trying to help.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm burning so many calories. I've got so much energy. Okay, everyone shot, so okay, peraneum sunning. I'll do it, and I'll report back once I've done it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will give you the weekend.
Speaker 5: I would like you to spend your Saturday with your backside up, praying to the gods and photo.
Speaker 2: I plan to do so anyway. All right, let's go.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, podcast it on the iHeartRadio app search the pickup and when cold and flew straight, the Demison gets it done.
Speaker 2: Always follow the directions for you.
Speaker 5: And coming up next, we've got Will and Woodie Boys. What's on the show today?
Speaker 4: Wow, guys, this afternoon, Well, very shortly, in about ten minutes time, Joe Jonas he's going to join us as he.
Speaker 2: Slipped into our DMS and wants to play. Can you hear it?
Speaker 4: Can you hear the difference between a can of beer opening and a can of soft drink?
Speaker 2: You're about to find out good sounds like good?
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, see you guys.
Speaker 2: Hey bye,