Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast stood in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Out of the eighties, and it's the letter L.
Speaker 1: Good day's letter is Letter L. Christian o'condlest of the eighties.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian O'Connor show on God once a week you break apart of the eighties with our aightes out of the eighties this week. Then the letter L live aid Patsy, how old are you?
Speaker 1: Where did you watch it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Oh? How old was I? I was about thirteen and I can really remember watching it with my two brothers who wrote me into it, and thank goodness they did. And I remember Freddie Mercury on the stage and Queen he just owned it.
Speaker 2: Francy in the in the Queen movie as well. They capture that moment really really well. All right, the letter L. Now, Jackie boy, you're not of the eighties, but I know you watched a movie last night, which is a henight of the eighties? Which movie did you? Any wife? Bank can watched last night?
Speaker 1: Land Before Time? This is actually Bianker's favorite film and I'd never seen it before, so she watched it often as a kid from nineteen eighty eight? Is it Disney I don't think so. It's Spielberg and George Lucas the producers, executive producers.
Speaker 2: And it's cartoon dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Cartoon dinosaurs. Yeah, animated dinosaurs. It was the highest grossing animated film of its time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I seem to remember it being very sad. A dinosaur is orphaned.
Speaker 1: This start is very sad. I'll give it that.
Speaker 2: But that's like a lot of those classic the Disney movies, isn't it. They always start there has to be someone being abandoned the forest or orphaned, like classic fables fairy tales.
Speaker 1: And this is both because he sadly loses his mum and then he's lost in the wilderness of the prehistoricus Stine wrinkle.
Speaker 2: Normally it's the dad that buys it. In these movies. It's always the dead dad.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess dad has already bitten the dust, I say on somewhere along the line. So that part was sad. But and I know this is an important movie for a lot of people of that generation because even our audio producer who I got the audiograms from, started crying when she was watching the YouTube clips of it, reminding herself of.
Speaker 2: Being so is the orphan dinosaur, and then he meets he meets four of the dinosaurs. I seem to remember Spike, Ducky yep, I don't remember the other two.
Speaker 1: This is where the movie lost me. I hated the ensemble characters, but the dinosaurs, four other dinosaurs. Littlefoot is the main character. He's great, fine, he's the orphan fella. He's the orphaned fella. His friends who he meets along the way, and some of the worst characters in animated history. Ducky is so annoying, Mono Ducky is so annoying. Petree is this bat type pterodactyl thing. He's even more annoying than Ducky. Actually, are they annoying? Annoying how they're talking like babies but they are young.
Speaker 2: That's offending here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about matship, Yes, and Petree, who's the flying one can't do anything for himself. Oh no, I can't fly, I can't do this, I can't do that. Help me. Little Foot he was just annoying. I actually hoped that he died.
Speaker 2: I mean, but not the Wizard of Oz. They all compliment each other. They're all there to represent what the other person doesn't.
Speaker 1: Littlefoot did all the heavy lifting in this. Everyone else just hung off here.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like a very familiar story. I might be projecting him.
Speaker 1: I'm not finishing it. Sarah is the price, Sarah Topps terrible a with her name. Then they just Sarah bad attitude throughout the whole thing. I thought she was so read to the rest of the group. I would have kicked her out early.
Speaker 2: On such a survivor.
Speaker 1: And then and then Spy just tuned in right, went.
Speaker 2: On till about last night's survivor A bo or anything's talking about a beloved eighties movie, The Land Before.
Speaker 1: Tye Spike, who's your favorite character? I don't know why he doesn't talk and it doesn't bring anything to the group. He brings such a non character, I didn't think. So what about Ducky Ducky no head of the besides Petrie, the most annoying character in the film.
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, And does your wife, well you like this watching the movie? O?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 1: Well, I got up and excused myself when too another room for a bit, and then came back and.
Speaker 2: She was in polite with you in your life. I need to recuse myself on this. I need to go to another room because I.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to make fun of it in front of her. Back to all of mel The only good thing about Lamb Before Time is the run time an hour and eight minutes perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that is lazy. Come on, Pielberg, they phone that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any less than that, it's really not even a feature length.
Speaker 2: Traders used to be around fifteen minutes in the eighties.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what they shouldn't use more in modern films that you never hear anymore is the narrator. Oh yeah, the narrator.
Speaker 2: Who's a guy with an old voice, like an old timey voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he just gets you through the film quicker.
Speaker 2: Now, couldn't find anyone for days and das and he was about to give up until who came along? Then they pick up the.
Speaker 1: Action, Yes exactly, and then you don't have to have twenty minutes of story doing all that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why they most to shave off and now just get some old timey voiceover guy to do this.
Speaker 4: One heard had only a single baby, their last hope for the future, and they called him Littlefoot.
Speaker 2: How are you not? I'm tearing up like little just couldn't care about the idiots. He knew them by Lucas and Spring were looking at their watch, going, this is great. They got forty five minute We're done by Tuesdage a full week on this one, George.
Speaker 1: More narrators in modern films. That's what I'm requesting, all right. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast