Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen here.
Speaker 3: Oh if there's one thing about flex mummy, Yeah, there is no one thing.
Speaker 2: There's multiple things or so many things. Let's still quick check.
Speaker 3: S wearing white crocs, more of an understated croc with some letters. What does it say spooky with seventy seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's seventy seven? You don't know? Nope, I'm sor rights.
Speaker 3: Wearing jeans a wide leg wash gene option and a pink top with Jordan on it and some not purple oh jays pink.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, today's podcast we're talking about dreams.
Speaker 3: We're talking about dating. We're talking about it. Am I the arseholes sent in by a girl. It's about her sister and Christmas or a woman. Actually I think she's of age. Anyway, Friday things, let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Fleck and Frooms.
Speaker 4: Here is a very helpful dating sit for you, because I know you need it, not you in particular, for me, but anybody listening.
Speaker 2: It's a jungle out there.
Speaker 4: The story is I've heard I'm personally scared as to me, I'm saving myself for a vampire. But let's not get into that right now. Here's a question you have to have to have to ask on a date. Ask the person tell me about your best friend and what you love about them.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 4: I didn't make this question up, Contrary to probably believe, I got it from this TikTok from the user at least Warren listen to her take.
Speaker 5: Tell me about your best friend, what do you love about them? It doesn't matter who their best friend is. It could be their mom, their brother, their coworker, their roommate, they're a friend from high school that they haven't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter who it is.
Speaker 5: But if they can't keep a long lasting friendship or make a good friend out of somebody that they love, that's a problem. If they can't describe that person lovingly, either like they keep good friends with bad company, or they're just really bad at appreciating a person who they ought to love most and have an easy time describing their positive attributes, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Well you like that, I do?
Speaker 2: We use it? Yep? No, you won't. Well do you asking a day? I'm intrigued. He's just doing bits. Back to the class. Your favorite color? What's your favorite movies?
Speaker 3: I definitely don't ask about movies or music or dislikes.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, I want to know about your personal life.
Speaker 3: So or do the family, the dogs, the pets, the job, anything about tastes. I can see it from the class. Don't open them seeing what I need to see and I like it.
Speaker 4: So once you've gone through, you know their their government ID, then what are you asking?
Speaker 3: I guess I'd want to know about the friends, but I'd be scared of what I'm going to find out if someone, if someone you were dating, had hit friends.
Speaker 2: Would that affect you? I think we all have ship friends. There we go.
Speaker 4: How would you describe your best friend? I'm not getting into that right now. Flex and I had my first dinner party the other day. It looked really really good.
Speaker 2: Did you put it on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I haven't yet. I haven't debuted it yet, but I will. I will.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to do this thing where I don't Instagram in real time.
Speaker 2: If I don't have.
Speaker 4: To work, fine, but personal occasions, just get the content, put it up. When you got a moment you know what I'm saying. And people were like, what are you gonna cook? I said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What I did? I caught up?
Speaker 4: Mateo double bay, I said, babes are putting in an order and I'm a VIP there, I'm a VIP get discounts and everything. I said, I put a discounts. Babes, Come on, I told you when I get outside. When socialight Eric began, We're not playing. We're not playing. I'm making connections.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell the chef.
Speaker 4: It was amazing anyway, So the dinner was great, but what happened was because there was people going. Me and my three best friends and like we're coming from different locations. I was like trying to time the food with them coming right, and my other best friend was like, why are you rushing them?
Speaker 2: You know you can just put it in the oven.
Speaker 4: I was like, babes, don't use those appliances decoration purpose only, please.
Speaker 2: I kind of wafting, wafting, wafting.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait, there's four of you. Yeah, and you didn't cook correct? Okay, thank your honor another for the questions. You couldn't You could have made your own madio pasta mateo.
Speaker 2: I could, but I'm not. The dinner party is not When I learned to cook a.
Speaker 3: Meal, you know what, Bring me over next time I'm not going to join the party.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be the shoesh No, there will be an extended dinner party. Don't get it. I know you're a little bit upset.
Speaker 4: It was just in the circle this time. No, you did say your dinner party is coming.
Speaker 2: Do not stress. Don't try and whizzy your way in off round a two in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Literally, I just I would love took in front of you to impress you.
Speaker 4: Oh, took it in front of me. I do have a really great kitchen cooking. I do a great huge island. See I need something little three by one.
Speaker 3: I'm working on a granite kitchen bench that's rounded off.
Speaker 4: That's from the nineties. I'm so sorry. I am hey, but I got this really great DM from someone. At first I thought they were just doing, you know, a little bit of a joky joking joke. But I thought, no, let me take you seriously, because you would want that from me. They said, hello, dilemma theme for the party. So last night I had a dream, and in it, my boyfriend just did something weird, like not immoral, not bad, just like weird, so weird that if he did it in real life, I'd be like mmm, rubbing me the wrong way.
Speaker 2: You make me feel uncomfortable, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: And now I can't disassociate him with the thing he did in my dream.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is it bad? Is it normal?
Speaker 4: Am I unlocking a secret understanding about him? Or am I just being stupid? Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it her intuition being like babes, let me paint the picture clearly for you in this subconscious place, or is she just freaking out for no reason? She's trying to figure out if dreams are unlocking stories that are important, like you know, picking inside the soul, or if we just forget about them. The thing that happened in the dream, by the way, was that he said he was going to get lunch, but instead paid an extortionate amount for a place you stay inside all day and have all three meals provided. But he went alone and didn't tell me they're gonna get lunch, went to a bed and breakfast.
Speaker 2: He's having a lot some alone time. Literally, do you do that for me?
Speaker 4: Do you have any dreams where you're like, hmm, this is robbing me the wrong way. I don't know if I can trust them anymore.
Speaker 3: So I had a dream I was going to the movies to see an action movie. I think Mission Impossible. This was really vivid. And then I'm sitting down and there's stores above us because we're in an old theater, and I'm with Millie Sykes, who's this stylist.
Speaker 2: So random that I'm with her in this theater that random.
Speaker 3: We've all been together before, yeah, but I think I was in my family so so she had no business means. And the people above us are pissing on our backs, which this is a traumatic experience and experience at the Bloody Cricket in Melbourne fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: It really happened the first footy.
Speaker 3: Game I ever went to. I was thirteen and they threw piss on us. And I've been back the same team. No, like the people above us in the stands above.
Speaker 2: Us, but you're on the same team. Yeah, two knows. They were just fairing American vibes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in the dream, someone's like pissing on our backs. I get over it as I say I am one to erupt. I grab a plastic gun out of my pocket and I go to shoot the guy that's doing it.
Speaker 2: Everything erupts.
Speaker 3: I'm getting arrested, and Millie Sykes gets PTSD from it and can never work again. So what happens My punishment is paying for her bills for.
Speaker 2: The rest of your life. Yeah. So I have really scary any day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I always have dreams that my mum has betrayed me. Every single time my mum is in my dream, She's betraying me and I'm getting angry reader. Whoa, She's never once done anything. It's so weird, can we in a dream?
Speaker 2: Extraly? I'm suspicious of her, like, when's the shoe gonna rap? Babe? Because I know you. I've seen the real you. What is that though? What do you think that is super scary? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think dreams are really important. I'm an avid dreamer. I used to write them down a lot, but then I found out was getting too I was relying too much on my recall and not looking at broader themes. How I'm feeling things like that that are actually helping me interpret them broadly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I that's funny. When my mom was in my dreams when I was younger, not necessarily when I'm older.
Speaker 2: It was always my family being really embarrassed with me.
Speaker 4: Like I would go into the city and be like, oh my god, like, what are you guys doing here? They'd be like oh and then like inch away from me, like oh with me because my family loves me, So I was like, what are we doing? This is a bit, This is a bit, and my family does do bits, like every birthday I had when I was at my family home, they'd pretend they'd forget about my birthday.
Speaker 2: Every year, same same joke.
Speaker 4: Oh, like what what and then they're like, oh, you know, like sorry, we forgot and then they give me my gift to be like a gift wrap in a gift wrap in a gift type thing. It's just we've done it, you know, but it's sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, what is that about? Very interesting?
Speaker 4: Can you get mad at people who do cook things in your dream?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 4: I definitely bookmarket a lot, because I've had some wild dreams.
Speaker 2: Like once, oh do I hear it? Yeah? Of course.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine was friends with a bunch of these guys and they were kind of like rock metal, long hair yar dog, And one day she was asleep and she had this dream that one of the guys was above her in the bed and his hair was dangling on her no, like above her body, and she woke up and had sleep paralysis and was like, woa, what the hell hair on her face? Next day he passed away. He'd passed away that night, and I got she was in my body, babes. Dreams are so wild. I hate dreams. No, I don't think about them. It freaks me out. We see stuff like that happens.
Speaker 2: What is that? Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: But I think we have start cataloging and paying attention because the more we act like it's not important, we can't connect the do to what it's meant to mean. Why a scientist like, eh, we don't know why your dream. Don't worry about it. Don't say that. Don't say that. I know you've been exploring the same waters for the last three thousand years, and we're not going to worry about dreams.
Speaker 2: You know something, so pull up. I think it's good for knowing what you actually want.
Speaker 3: If you have, like a recurring dream that you're naked, then maybe you're worried about her talk.
Speaker 4: My recurring dream is the apocalypse, sish, the world flooding.
Speaker 3: Www, Dot be concerned dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on kDa Flex.
Speaker 3: I've got a moral dilemma for you. As always, we love these on the Flex and Frim Show. If you want to keep listening to our show, you can find it wherever you get your podcasts. But for now, you're at the radio version three to four pm on CADA ninety six point one if you're listening in the car. This is from a woman in my Instagram DMS. I won't tell her name, but here it is sign there'll be a way to come it out. Last Christmas, my older sister and I had a fight because I made an apple pie very compelling start. I'm not sure what sparked her to be a grinch on Christmas, but she was really awful. My whole family was like, lol, chill t f sis. But then she went on to say, my boyfriend and I didn't do anything to help organize Christmas when we were there on Christmas Eve cleaning out the backyard barbecue area and setting up misters for everyone. Misters maybe a liven queenslide. They get like mists because it's hot outside. Oh, okay, you wouldn't understand. No. Months past and I let it go. I distanced myself and set a new boundary.
Speaker 2: Love that for you.
Speaker 3: She picks up on my distance, note that I was never mean, and sent me a very passive aggressive text in quotation why are you surly with me again?
Speaker 2: Very old worldie.
Speaker 3: I answered that I wasn't going to respond and that I was distancing myself to conserve my energy. She left my message on red Ooh months past and she's forgotten the ordeal and is acting like we are best buds.
Speaker 2: As is wont to do with sicily things.
Speaker 3: I organize a family dinner in the city, convenient for her, at a really booshey restaurant four weeks in advance.
Speaker 2: It's giving ontracop.
Speaker 3: I called her the day before to confirm numbers and she said, yep, I'm coming. Two hours before the event, she calls and says I'm too hungover.
Speaker 2: I can't come.
Speaker 3: I calmly reacted, saying it was okay. Two weeks later, I text her saying I was disappointed she didn't come, because if I had done the same, she would have been mad.
Speaker 2: Oh the calm react, and then the detonator two weeks.
Speaker 3: She said, actually, if she didn't come, she would whoop my ass. Oh okay, haven't heard that expression in a while. She got really angry and completely disregarded my feelings. Now two months later, she's acting like nothing happened, and he's invited me to a Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Am I the asshole if I don't go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's like that.
Speaker 3: So the whole year of pass has been months of passive aggressive backs and forwards.
Speaker 2: She wants to know this Christmas, is she turning a leaf.
Speaker 4: Or was she rig wrinch of high Sicily drama is very confusing to me.
Speaker 2: I don't have any sisters. I'm the younger of three.
Speaker 4: My older brothers are older brothers, and they're older brothers.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So my beef was with me and me my whole childhood.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the dynamics because as I'm listening, I'm like, you just let this stuff go, like you just have a fight and you get over it. Because there's nothing more disingenuine than trying to do healthy relationships with your siblings. Yeah, open communication with a sibling, Get about it, forget about it.
Speaker 2: You're stressing yourself out for no reason. Let it go.
Speaker 4: In this instance, though, I always find when you're trying to figure out if it's worth it or not to be petty, is can you handle the smoke? Because with pettiness comes escalation, and already it seems like you're kind of shaky about the back and forth. I don't know if you can handle the smoke. If this way to escalate further, so should she go if she can handle it, Like, if you can go and be cordial, go, If you can't go and you can't be cordial, then don't go. But I think either way you put it, you have to kind of, I hate to say it, be the bigger person if you're trying to resolve anything, If you're happy to keep the relationship tense and terse, then save yourself the trip and the gift.
Speaker 3: I will say, in this economy, saving the gift is a really good idea because if you go and your border a gift and she sings you again, you're gonna feel this on many levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, inflation is real.
Speaker 3: However, you must make amends with your siblings. I had twenty seven years. Sorry, I had twenty three years not getting along with the sibiling. Then something clicked this year and I've never turned back. My life is amazing now that I don't fight with my sister. Yeah, but you've done it for nine months.
Speaker 2: Come on, don't jink. So we're talking about manifest you're manifested a fight. Just stop it.
Speaker 3: You tell me I manifest bad things. You're manifesting a family rifts. When this falls down, I'm calling you. I'm sending you an invoice for psychology sessions because I'm gonna lose it.
Speaker 4: I agree it's never good to maintain grudges or rifts or whatever, but I think relationships become what they were always going to be, the pleasantries. Once the pleasantries go away and the so and so and the boundaries aren't established and whatever, what you're left with is what you're left with. And in order to repair it, it requires intentional, positive effort from both parties at the same time, working towards a shared goal. If you're pissed off at her and she doesn't know, and then you're like, should I go or not go because she's petty, and then you pretend you're call but then two week claring you blocked her, you're already not on the same page, and everything feels like a tip for tap. So unless you can go into this incident being like, I'm not looking for bids, I'm not looking for warfare, I'm looking to resolve this by any means necessary, then you're already for a resolution.
Speaker 2: One person's going to make the positive change first, and if it doesn't work out, try it again.
Speaker 4: I think both people need to be committed to positive change at the same time they've.
Speaker 2: Already tried it.
Speaker 4: One person invited someone to a dinner, the other person canceled two hours before. One person's inviting you to the Christmas dinner. This person's like, I'm assaulted from last time. You're both gonna be like, Okay, what's going on, what's going on? We're gonna fix this or do we just need to leave it for a sec. I often find that, like in this instance, what they need I think is just time, time apart, get over it yourself, figure it out for yourself, and then when you come back, be like, Okay, that was annoying, Let's.
Speaker 2: Not do that. That wasn't hot or sexy of us, was it? No, it was not. We can repair and rebuild, Yeah, we can.
Speaker 4: Repair and rebuild when we both really want it. Now it feels like one person's interested in, like, well, I'll only go this and so and so.
Speaker 2: Just it feels like too much.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I keep making ship captain references because last night I had this kooky dream.
Speaker 2: I was on a super yacht but the.
Speaker 4: Inside felt like a train carriage. Do with that what you will.
Speaker 2: And something happened. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: There was a confrontation, like somebody thought that somebody else stole somebody's suitcase, and I was giggling at the back, being like this is so ridiculous, and then they turned on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was like I thought I thought. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: A bunch of friends. Anyway, Then the girl who got her suitcase stolen jumped off the yacht. And then when she jumps off, we go look over the railing. There's like a lockness monster, like a megladon type thing. I'm like, whoa, she got eaten. Whirlpool starts happening, but it's not. It's not a nightmare yet because it's still daytime and daytime anyway.
Speaker 2: You know what, let's not get into it. I'm gonna as we've gotten into it and gotten out of.
Speaker 3: It, the whirlpools. I'm scared of that bit. Yeah, for real, I was reading this fact online. It's Peter of Gordon Ramsey. I'm interested in Gordon Ramsay. I don't know that much about him, but what I've seen I liked. He's had a full redemption. I remember thinking he's so mean, and then we realized, oh, it's just a facade and he's actually really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he thought that you needed mean people balance.
Speaker 3: I think the people that play mean people in TV are actually really nice in real life, like me. Anyway, This is the fact Gordon Ramsey has chosen not to give his children a large inheritance, and does not take them to expensive restaurants, not even his own, and does not allow them to sit in first class on planes.
Speaker 2: So now they're not spoiled. Yeah. Nice, you're into that. Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm spoiling my children, but I think this is a better idea.
Speaker 3: This is exactly where I wanted to take it. But oh, let him explain it. He has three daughters and one son. He's taught them all how to cook as a life skill, not a career path, and he almost never brings them to find dining establishments. He says, I've never really been turned on about the money. That's not my number one objective, and that's reflected in the way the.
Speaker 2: Kids are brought up. See that's what him and I differ.
Speaker 3: He also said that he will not be passing on his funds to his children because he's alter rich.
Speaker 2: And this is including people such as who are they going to? Where are they going? See, now that's messed up. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: However, other people that are not going to do that are Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, George Lucas, and Sting.
Speaker 2: Let's cancel them all.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have kids, you need to make their life not as painful as it is here on this course.
Speaker 4: Just actually, why are you gonna have kids? You're gonna spoil them? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I do. I will say fifty to fifty, which I guess is of all people. Yeah, that's fence sittings, what we call my favorite recision. People who have really rich parents. I don't think I want that. I think I want to become richer than my parents. I think that's evolution. I don't want to go backwards. Okay, so I wouldn't want ultra rich parents. You know, way to it?
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't know where to aspire to? You could do it again. I definitely wouldn't have ultra rich parents. Shut up.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying do it again. I say I don't want my parents are ultra rich. Oh my god. You always find a way to do it. But we get it. We get bike a. You know what I mean though, Like, let's say you've got real money like your parents have, like holiday houses, massive houses, yachts, amazing cars.
Speaker 2: Would I want that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Because then I can't chase it up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not trying to rise and grind. You think I work hard because I like working hard. No, okay, I'm trying to I'm trying to send tax brackets.
Speaker 2: Right, I say, what do you mean? Working hard is not the fun thing to do? I agree.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is I don't want to go backwards, like it'd suck to grow up with an incredible lifestyle.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 1: I understand you're listening to flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: Okada, all I want to say in this moment, heed my call listen closely.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense. Why we don't.
Speaker 4: All use bidets toilet paper makes no sense. And it's been plaguing me for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened to me. Something suddenly clicked. Let's not get too graphic right now.
Speaker 2: That's where my mind is going. Yeah, but take it out of that place.
Speaker 4: Okay, take it out of that So I am a big counter wiper. This is not is not innuendo, this is not you can miss them. I just like wiping my counters, making sure this.
Speaker 2: Are cleaning right. One day. No, I do a paper towel, which I know people hate. People hate that.
Speaker 4: I get it, but don't make that face. I'm saying, its water bottle. It is what it is communicated. So I'm wiping the counter and I only have a certain like cleaning solution, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just want to make a bit light.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's not everyday chemicals, and I have the sustainable one, but it's really freagrant, and I'm like, it's just not what I need right now. I just see something that's gonna like clean it, like a bit of vinegar or something, and then I'm like, and I was thinking to myself, imagine if we didn't have like cleaning tools, which is to wipe things like raw cloth. And then all of a sudden, the neurons in my brain were firing. I was like, wait, we do do this? I thought to the bathroom. In what world does it make sense just to wipe after you go number two?
Speaker 2: It doesn't no matter how you want to spin it.
Speaker 4: It is immoral, it is unhygienic, and it's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Also, who came up with it to then put it down into water and flush it away?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Putting putting paper into water? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen a pipe burst and shit and toilet have come out of it? That's when I realized this is not natural.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense. And I know big toilet papers coming for me. I know big toilet papers checking for me. But I will not be silenced or censored. We do not need this much toilet paper. We need bidets.
Speaker 3: How do they How do they get the water off the asshole? You got a drying system as well, you can air dry well. It's just really ass around.
Speaker 2: You want to pull it.
Speaker 4: Up or if necessary, we can get a little fan mechanism or one or two little little squares, a bit of a pap dry because my next beef and I know we're getting graphic. I don't want to take it there. But when you're doing a little little number one little wheedle. The fact that people are going straight from wheedling to tissue, no, no, what I've integrated wheedle wash with water, then pat dry, because again, where are you getting the water? I got this amazing thing. I don't know if you go to the sink and just dip it in, no, I don't know what it's what. Pregnant women, no, not pregnant. New mums use it after they've just given birth. It's like this little squeegee bottle and like to clean out like the excess blood and stuff, because you know they're bleeding a lot after you give birth. Anyway, you took it there, you're asking any questions, But again, how are you going straight from urinating and just padding off? You're leaving the excess. You're just patting dry.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: You need to wash that away and then pat do it for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: It'll change your life. I rest my case Okay, what do people with penises do? They just shake it. I don't want to talk about them. Also, yeah, I'm not going to go into it. Actually that's cool. Well it's not cool. It's a crisis. We get a bidet put I think you can get like poor.
Speaker 4: If you get an attachment. There's a brand in America, but they don't. We don't have the same toilet. So I'm currently looking for an Australian brand who can make it for Australian toilets, and then that's me.
Speaker 2: I think you need to start importing them. Really think about it, though I feel like you're not. This is really.
Speaker 4: Serious and you're acting like it's your chill and it's not chill.
Speaker 2: Okay, think about it properly. All right, you try it. I'll come over try yours. Got so much more to say, but we'll leave it there.
Speaker 1: You do not you frame. You've been listening to The Flex and Firms Daily podcast. For more, tune in to k on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.