Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey? This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. It is our grand final of the Big Oasis competition. Sing it and win it up for grabs until the next hour. We're going to find the winner who is off to London with whoever they want to take with them for the trip of a lifetime to go and see reunited Oasis at the opening night at Wembley Stadium. This is months before they make their way out here at the end of October and November. Let's meet the three finalist. There is excitement in the studio. There's tension in the studio. How could there not be. There is rock and roll energy in the studio. Up first, good morning and good luck to you Andrea. Thank you christ Your entry was one of the early ones we got and it really really blew us away. It's very very funny as well. So what do you do, Andrea? I'm a lawyer, you're a lawyer. Yes, leave no documents anywhere. Team. She could sue us if she doesn't win. She have this whole station shut down.
Speaker 2: It's okay. I had to sign my life away before, so did you.
Speaker 1: You guys are say yeah, now tell us about you in away, sirs? Andrew? What would this mean to you? If you win the big trip to London?
Speaker 2: It would be life changing for me, you know, being part of music history. It's just something that I could thought I would only ever dream of, and now it's in reaching distance at thirty three, sorry, thirty six. I wish I was thirty three.
Speaker 1: It's okay. We all take a couple of years off. Patsy does that every day, she's somehow getting younger.
Speaker 2: I've never been overseas, so this would be absolutely life changing for me.
Speaker 1: In London is the summer, yeah, and it would be electric that week as well, when you were out there before that big opening show at Wembley Stadium.
Speaker 2: In the wimbley crowd would be oh, I can't even like think of how it would be, but life changing.
Speaker 1: Great. Okay, Well, let's hear Andrew's entry right now and what we're going to do. So there are three finers here, There's Andrew, Dave and there's Dealt. We're going to hear from all of them and they are going to open up the text lines and I'll give you bless you. I'll give you the most important numbers you need of how to vote. So we're going to hear from all the finalists and their entries. This is Andrew's brilliant one two songbird.
Speaker 2: Talking to me through my radio. Lean's Piceykes halfway through a bron swearing at the crowd, calling Nola troll. But still their songs. Well they hear O my sofho. Although I do think they are rude, I'd still sell a kidney for their ticks. Hearing it forever.
Speaker 1: And now that word hit gold deaf Emplease don't let me miss this. Don't let me miss this. I don't want to miss this. Andrew brilliant entry. Hello, No, no, no, it's brilliant. It's very good. Okay, you're a lawyer by day, singer by night. Definitely. Yeah, all right, let's go to Dave now, good morning, day morning mate. First of all, Dave, awesome t shirt, your Christie puts in fat, which is great. So who would you be taking with you?
Speaker 3: My good pal lurch yep aka Sean.
Speaker 1: Casey and this is an old friend of yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been yeah, best mates for yeah, twenty five thirty years, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and tell me about you and Oasis? You' fan since as a teenager?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, they've been the center tracktor my life, both of our lives actually, so yeah, we've got to see them a bunch of times back in the day and got to meet them and hang out with them and all that.
Speaker 1: And so when did you meet them?
Speaker 3: I meet him twice two when they played at the Forum and Livid literally bumped into Liam on the street and had a chat. And then when they came back in five, we were hanging out with him at Cherry Bar.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, been a cherry bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good time. We were drinking beers with him, and yeah, got to hang out for quiet.
Speaker 1: And have you got Oasis tattoo?
Speaker 3: I've got one of the very first songs that Liam wrote, Born on a Different cloud YEP. It's one of my favorite songs. So got that tattooed on my arm and actually showed that to Liam the first time I met him, and he lost his mind over it.
Speaker 1: And he's actually actually not that difficult for Liam to That's why the band broke up. He couldn't put it back together again.
Speaker 3: Well he actually he remembered me in five from from the awesome yeah encounter just from the tattoo.
Speaker 1: So this means a lot to go back out there, especially seeing me or not because there's a fellow Wastes fan. None of us ever thought they'd get back to Man. Yeah. Like this was just it's crazy.
Speaker 3: To the deal and kind of complete the whole experiences.
Speaker 1: Dave and Lurch good luck. Here's Dave's entry to SuperSonics Send me to Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm begging please, I'm seeing and on the dunny, dreaming of the money the bad kids. They give me the study to find.
Speaker 5: A way to make it on the plane.
Speaker 6: So the kids won't follow because.
Speaker 4: My friends said it.
Speaker 5: Come with me and sit on the plane to whenybody you really my fantasye Christian.
Speaker 6: We are begging to take is to see and Man.
Speaker 1: Another brilliant entry. This is from day World One Day brilliant, brilliant. Brian worked great lyrics very very well sung as well. All right now us hear from Dale, Welcome to the Final Deal.
Speaker 6: Christian is great to meet.
Speaker 1: So you would take your dad?
Speaker 6: I would totally take my dad. We're pretty big oasis fans.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be an amazing experience. At first of all, Wembley what an institution for music, you know what I mean? Yeah, I think of Bant like Queen all those just even.
Speaker 1: Live in nineteen eighty five, that's one of the best live performances ever.
Speaker 6: Yes, and yeah, I never seen Oasis live. I missed out in five. I just finished my high school and i'd started an apprenticeship, and I think I was a bit too busy playing their songs and band. Then rather than going seeing them, I couldn't afford it as a second year apprentice. So yeah, and then they disbanded two thousand and nine, I missed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now listen before we start, Well, we just got to play Dell's Entry, and all I want to say is all of you have got tickets on us to go and see them in November. Okay, So whatever happens, sadly there can be only one winning act. However, you all get to go and see Oasis because I didn't want anyone leaving the studio empty handed. Okay, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: God going to go.
Speaker 1: It's just really import to us that we really wanted you to get something and not leave out nothing because you've all worked so hard. But Dell, let's go back to you. Don't look him back in anger, Dell winning for him and his dad friendom.
Speaker 7: Man, give me Utsie.
Speaker 5: Watch the story Morning Glory.
Speaker 7: The week had hap it on with pak June two Wands of Wall and shaping supernova.
Speaker 2: So send me.
Speaker 7: Away on a big chet headplanes. Why can beget whimber to see? Can I get practice free a night that day? I hope they control their anger another Susteenius is not the answer, is what the world is saying.
Speaker 6: Come on, Liam and Noel, try and hold it together fellas.
Speaker 7: Well, at least until after a concert.
Speaker 1: Brilliant low, very very good, great lyrics. I hope they control that. You speak for everyone because something think in November is a long, long number way and there are so many shows to get through. Okay, So we're about to open up the text signs now on four seven five o three one oh four three, and producer Kaitlin's got the details you need, So Maka, if they want to vote for Andrea, what do they text?
Speaker 8: All you have to do is text Andrea to oh four seven five zero three one zero four three.
Speaker 1: All right. If they want Dave to win, text Daily to oh four seven five zero three one zero four three. I can spot the trender of what we've done. We're not playing at this radio game. And if they want Dale winning for his dad, that's.
Speaker 8: Right, You've got to text Dale to zero four seven five zero three one zero four three.
Speaker 1: All right, have your say now, oh four seven five o three one oh four three Andrea Day of Dale, good luck. Thank Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast. This is the moment of truth. Over the last three weeks we've been asking you to sing it and win it for an amaze price. Go and see rock and roll History. The reunion. They said that was never going to happen. Oasis back together again. Yes they're here in November, but they're in London way before they make it here. Will they even still be together by November? I don't know. I'll see it when I believe it. But for one of our finests in the studio right now, they get to see it and believe it way before the rest of the world. Actually, the opening night in London at the world famous, the one and only Wembley Stadium, Oasis sing it and win it. Thank you very much to everyone who's voted. It's actually been very very close between Andrea, Dave and Dell. They're all in this studio right now. No one's speaking to me. They were very chatty half an hour ago. Now they're just like, get.
Speaker 5: On with it.
Speaker 1: This is that they do what those TV reality shows, so they drag the ass out of it. The Good Doctor's waiting room, give me the good news. It feels like we've known you guys for a couple of weeks because actually as entries started to come in, we were starting to form a top three, and very quick when all three of you got your entries in, this kind of has been the top three for a while. So it's actually really nice to actually see you all because actually for me and the team, you've actually been a big part of our life. So last night, week and a half. So Sandy, there is only one two some that are going to make their way to London, but you've all making sure you use eye contact with all of them at the moment. It's actually quite intimidating where there's six people glaring at you. See me, give me the tickets. I'll rip them out of your hands. Are those tickets. Thank you very much for taking part in this. It's been amazing, three amazing entries. When you start these kind of competitions, it's a big asser to ask people to actually sing and write their own lyrics. But the lyrics to all three of your songs are brilliant, very very funny, very clever. All of you are going to see Oasis. That's the most important thing. No one's leaven the show empty handed today. I will see you there in November when they're here. However, there is only one winner. It has been very close sing it and win it with Oasis. But flying to London?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Andrew? Is it?
Speaker 7: Dave?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Dale? It's you? Dave. You are the winner. Dave and his best mate Sean. You are off to London to see Oasis. He has awaits, his tattoos. Best buddies are heading there to go and see their bands in a couple of weeks time. Dave, well done, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So what does it mean you're actually going You've done it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm kind of lost for word today. Actually, yeah, this is huge, this is absolutely massive. We're going to have the best time.
Speaker 1: Are you going to come back with some stories that I'm not even sure whether we get you back for a while. You just go ay well out in London. I get the thinning you're going to meet up with the band again and carry on that European tour. We see you when they return here in November. You're both going to need Reham when you come back here in a couple of weeks time. But I am so happy for you guys. It's a great prize. You're genuine fans. I love the fact that it's two best buddies. No, it's not with your best mane. You never get to spend enough time together. You know, it's hard to see come just have a night out together. But you're going on a world trip together. You're off to London. When you're going out there, it's summertime in London, which I'm telling you is great. You know, Friday night at Wembley Stadium, you're going to be with one hundred and ten thousand people. It's the first night in London. It's going to be I don't even know what it's going to be like. I can't describe it, but I know it's going to be an unbelievably electrifying atmosphere. When those two brothers walk back out on that stage together again and then strike up their first song together, I think everyone who's actually there you've been tears. Yeah, you'll be watching them and looking around. It'd be like a polaroid moment in your life. Absolutely. You know these snapshots that we have that we're lucky to have them. But well done, Thank you, pleasure. Seriously, it's a great entry. It's an outstanding entry, and I really love the story of you two. Have a great time out there. Please be careful, No, I need to know you're gonna be careful. You're representing the show. Get in the right kind of trouble, not the wrong kind of trouble as well. I do on this clip being on the news. In a couple of weeks time, two Bogans are ruined the Oasis show. I'm calling Heathrow Security right now. Do not let them in. They've got something up their backsides. And it's not Oways as much, it is not as much any who's We're well done. Next time I speak to you, boys, you'll be in London getting ready for the big show. Have a safe trip out that well done, Andrea, tough luck, thank you very much, and also to tell and you beautiful dad as well. Tough luck, but I'll see you there in November of the show, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast