Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Wednesday morning. Well, welcoming to the Christian O'Connor Show. Good morning, Patsy morning. Hey Patsy, you're excited, yees.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 2: You know, I always listen to feedback pats when you're on air, when you're off fair I'm always taking on board what you're saying. Sometimes when you're frustrated with stuff. You know, sure it might sound too listeners like you're yelling and being ungrateful and entitled. But I will always decode that. I will always decode that and go I'm thinking Patsy's saying she's not happy about something. So the other day when I said, look, we're all very excited, Jack Post has got the most futuristic car in the world right now. He's come back to work in the new year with a Tesla. And Tesla's one of those things. Whenever I see one there on the traffic I always think it's like night riders kick. They are such beautiful looking cars. I'm fascinated by them. And Jack actually has one. And so after the show yesterday said how Jack was going to take me for a little spin in it. So I'm curious to see how all is from the inside. And I know you said you were jealous.
Speaker 4: I didn't say I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: So why can't I come?
Speaker 4: Said I'm not invited.
Speaker 2: You are invited. Now. What I thought we'd do is that I didn't go for the car ride yesterday with Jack. What we're going to do now? Hang on, let me just get Jack up. Jack, Good morning. Can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? Jack? Where are you?
Speaker 6: I am inside the futuristic vehicle, the Tesla as we speak.
Speaker 2: Hang on, can't hear a thing. It's so quiet in there.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm not driving all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right, Okay, you can't tell the difference quiet. So Jack, whereabouts are you right now?
Speaker 7: I'm right out the front door of the radio station.
Speaker 2: Okay, Patsy. What we're going to do then until the next twenty minutes. Then Jack is going to take you for a ride in the Tesla and we're going to have your live car review on the show right now.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: That means speed and urgency. Need to kick it now. You now need to make your way to the front of the building where Jack in the test.
Speaker 4: My shoes on, no time to put shoes on. All right, I'm going do you do the news with the shoes on? Got new shoes and.
Speaker 8: They're hurting my feet, so I kicked them off in the newsroom. But anyway, never mind, I'm making my way now.
Speaker 2: Keep the shoes off. I don't want you going in this car and effecting the view because you've got tight shoes. There's nothing worse than having tight shoes on. Keep the shoes off and go down to Tesla Patsy. Is she gone?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Wow, she's got some pace in her sometimes? All right, Jack, So it's the car turned off at the moment Jack carries off? All right? Can I just hear it starts up? What does it sound like when it starts up? All right?
Speaker 6: So it doesn't have it? Are you going to do sound effects that you want to hear it really starting up?
Speaker 2: He's already getting here with me. Is that the car?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: This is Jack's sorry, started up right now?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Do I need to do it?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Yea ready. Oh by the way, just tell the listeners this about the car. Is that sometimes during the show, Jack's car will send him like an audio message. I've not because I didn't realize you told me that you can read your emails and text messages coming in like I know yesterday Jack got this one. I went off during the ad break yesterday.
Speaker 3: Hello Jack, This sai your tesla. Where do you like to go back to the Happy Parlor again this Friday night?
Speaker 2: That came through yesterday? Isn't it amazing how the car knows where you've been? Is this a recurring thing to go there on a Friday night to that I don't know what it was called the Happy something or other on a Friday night. And this was another one that came in just earlier this morning. I don't know if you missed it. Jack.
Speaker 3: Hi Jack, this is your tesla. I have received confirmation of your orator from sexy landresn't done Barner and pvc LA text outfit ready for a pickup?
Speaker 2: Oh se you go get that today.
Speaker 10: Jack is coming out of the front cornd.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough with the comedy, folks, with the comedy. Jack, start that car. I told you a couple of seconds ago.
Speaker 10: It's on them where it's on?
Speaker 11: How do I how do handle it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You gotta you're gotta push the handle with your thumb. Yeah, And then no, no, you go.
Speaker 2: Here we go? When where a bee met? Where have you wet the future? Try? Miss Daisies. Here it's pats in the car.
Speaker 4: It should be putting the belt on for me.
Speaker 2: What do you mean he's putting the belt on for you? Well it should all right, okay, Patsy. What's it like so far on the inside of the old future car?
Speaker 11: Wow, it's so clean, but there's no new cars.
Speaker 2: Now what's with that? Oh?
Speaker 6: I've had it for a month already.
Speaker 11: It's wow, it's amazing.
Speaker 8: Is this wood grain?
Speaker 2: This dash? It's real wood? Wow? Wood grain? Listen to him. I didn't know how to wood grain? Vem ear.
Speaker 11: Where do you guys want to go?
Speaker 2: I think it'd be really good if we went to the Macca's drive through over at Richmond, you know on the bridge road.
Speaker 7: No food allowed in the car?
Speaker 10: Oh oh look at the stewvery what no.
Speaker 2: Food allowed in the car? You miserable? Joyless? Get no, you know you're one of those Are you allowed drinks in there? Jack?
Speaker 6: We don't have to eat, so we're just going to go through Medonald's drive through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the team need their coffee, so head off to the Macca's drive through Coffee Tessa Tesla head to Macca's Drive through Richmond Bridge Road. It heard me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So this morning we're having our first of a live car review from Patsy Patrina Jones. She's in Jack's hot new purchase for twenty one. Jack has done one of the biggest upgrades I think I've ever known anyone. He's gone from a ute, a crap box of a ute with someone got for two and a half thousand dollars on gum Tree where Jack sold it. He's gone from a ute to a Tesla. And we're all fascinated about these by these tests. And Jack has given pats a spinning this morning, and Patsy was reviewing it for us.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, all right, Patsy turned Netflix off.
Speaker 7: We've got to talk to Christian again.
Speaker 10: Hey Christian, Hey guys.
Speaker 2: So Patsy, what do you make of it so far?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm very very impressed.
Speaker 8: This is as smooth as we're about to go over a speed bump.
Speaker 2: How excited you have them, It's like you're not even It's like.
Speaker 9: A tiny potthole when you go with these messive speed bumps in Richmond.
Speaker 2: Were you not in a tank or like? Move over, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, if you're listening, I think we've got a new potential host for top gear about to go over a speed bump.
Speaker 11: Dashboard it is very or lack of dashboard.
Speaker 5: I actually really like it.
Speaker 11: I thought it would be weird just to have, like, you know, the iPad sort of dash but.
Speaker 4: It's very snaky.
Speaker 2: What can you do on here?
Speaker 4: Can I press buttons or not?
Speaker 10: What's romance?
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 7: You can put a fireplace there so it makes it feel like the fireplace?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, fireplace. If there's not a button in your car that says fireplace? What does fireplace?
Speaker 7: Do the fireplace on the on the iPad screen?
Speaker 2: Why do you want to be driving around with a rawing fire in front of your face? I've been confused and I need to flee the car.
Speaker 7: It's not romance, but alright, romance eyes on the roads?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: I will put it into self self drive mode. What really?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: My hands are off the wheel and that is freaking I couldn't. I could no, sorry, wants my hands back on the wheel. The safety forty cave, Jack, I'm not driving because you've.
Speaker 2: Got a self drive mode.
Speaker 11: That is weird. When would you use it?
Speaker 8: Like on a highway?
Speaker 2: From when he when he flicks it into romance mode. First of all, you've stopped with the four play you put you put a bit of fire mode on, and then when that's pretty good and everything's cooking in the car, you put it on too, self drive so your hounds can go elsewhere.
Speaker 6: I don't even like cruise can charge.
Speaker 11: I don't even use that little line of self did this park itself?
Speaker 7: It doesn't park itself? Well he does the more expensive version.
Speaker 2: Does bless him? He's got like a month long demo mode. It's on Adobe. Tell us about that. Tell us about the summon mode as well. That if you pay, if you paid for the upgrades, you could have had what here's what you could have won on someon mode. Get this, Patsy. This is incredible.
Speaker 6: This is also on the better models and the more expensive one. You can summon the car from your iPhone so or from your Android. You just press summons and the car will come and find you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, what do you mean we'll come and find you like you know, we'll come up the building.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, if you're in a car park and you can't find your car, you can summon it. It'll come and meet you at the front door.
Speaker 2: Jack I'm sorry, we need to I need to see someone trying this out. I remember there was the last Pierce Brosn and James Bond movie where he kind of did that and it was like one of those Q gadgets. This is about twenty odd years ago and it all just seen so unlikely. But now this is our reality. So there's actually something the car will find you. Imagine a car park. What a great way. That's an amazing idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I wish I could show you.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it's got the bog standard one. You're in the Tesla. That Jackson model is the Arkansas Chugger bugger of Tesla's. That's what he's doing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Ye where are you now?
Speaker 7: Guys, we're just coming up to the McDonald's driver. Do you really want something from there? Yes, it'll be the first time that we've put through to this car. I've made a blanket rule.
Speaker 2: Don't have any food or drinking here, Patsy, I will give you one hundred dollars. If there's an accident, Jack, just lose it. If like a tray of six coffees, all with that hot, frothy milk got spilled all over that wood grain dashboard, all that prescious lit elon musky Patty's got in there.
Speaker 7: There's only there is only up the wrong side of this, all right, he's going up the wrong side of the right.
Speaker 6: It's just a drive.
Speaker 7: I can get you maximum two coffee because there's only two cups.
Speaker 2: You're not getting two coffee, shiners. Come on, there's more room on that.
Speaker 7: Come on, I can get to maximum. No, no, no, we'll be right.
Speaker 2: I'll just what of people like the coffee Patsy. Patsy will hold them solid in that vice like grip of hers.
Speaker 6: Absolutely get I'm only getting two? Can I get?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Can I have two coffees?
Speaker 2: Even even ask what the team wants?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Turn Christian down?
Speaker 2: Sorry, turn question up?
Speaker 7: Two lattes?
Speaker 2: Does anyone want? Lati is?
Speaker 10: No, You've got to get more than two?
Speaker 2: Hold Patsy? Can you hear me? Yes? I can someone Patsy, Tom, what do you want? Tom? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: Ria? What do you want? Flat white soilate, Carl, what do you want collect? What would you like?
Speaker 3: Latte?
Speaker 2: Please? To Chaila? Are you getting this? To Chai Lates, I must control of the show. To Chai Lates. Are you hearing this?
Speaker 7: I've already ordered. I got too long black.
Speaker 2: No one wanted that. You need to go back through. That's just for you too. Once you've had that, go back through take two here, go back and hit the other two. We're doing ships.
Speaker 9: Doesn't trust me.
Speaker 6: That's the window you need to go back.
Speaker 2: Through and get me my chilati. Do not come back to work without that chi laste otherwise, Nick Cody's taking your spot tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Aconnell Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: This morning, and I wanted to try this. Review your coffee, your tea, your egg and macon toasties, whatever you have in right now, review your breakfast live on air. We live in the world now where everyone is a reviewer. Nine four one four one four three Anthony, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you mate?
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy, So describe the scene. Whereabouts in Melbourne? Are you right now?
Speaker 5: I'm in Oakley South and I'm having a delicious strong latte full of flavor from John Street Coffee.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, and you want to see full of flavor. Well, you've got a double shot on the go there, I.
Speaker 5: Do have a double shot and no sugar condity is really beautiful coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome and beautiful looking morning as well. Are you pulled over?
Speaker 5: You on the road driving, I've pulled over and need to be saved.
Speaker 2: Good man, good man? And you got any snacks with that? You got any food on the go, Anthony, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've got my own usual. I've got a ham, cheese and tomatow toasty and it is awesome, nls and crunchy toast and nars and juicy in the middle.
Speaker 2: Are you making me hungry? I haven't eaten yet today and I'd love a toasting like that, Okay, Anton, I'm going to have to push you from mark out of ten over all, the coffee and the toasty marks at a.
Speaker 5: Ten or easy in eight point five nine out of ten.
Speaker 2: Eight point five nine out of that's pretty specific, Anthony, Thank you much, okay, Anthony, you enjoy your brew. Thanks for corning and have a good day.
Speaker 5: Cheers mate, Bie.
Speaker 2: Tessa's back in the studio in on Welcome back.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me Ba.
Speaker 2: That's right, Paul's on the line. Good morning, paulod morning.
Speaker 10: How are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good buddy. So what are you having right now?
Speaker 10: I'm driving down and at Alara with three party poise sitting on me last with a beautiful cappuccino, chees and tomato rall and a custard tart from Rod's Bikery and Lara.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. It sounds like you've got a picnic in your lap.
Speaker 6: It's a buffet.
Speaker 10: I've got that well trying. They look through the windows, the parking at the front, that's already when I walk in the door.
Speaker 2: Man, is this every day?
Speaker 10: Every day?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 10: You want to see the side of me.
Speaker 2: But not a silent when that in you.
Speaker 3: I want to be just like me.
Speaker 10: Sons, the sons huge, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Paul, thank you very much and cool. I have a good day. Enjoy the customer. Let's never say that gun already, by the way, enjoy the custard.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jacko bats are back in the studio. Now, why having too the coffees? By the way, the two you did.
Speaker 6: Get I told you they they would spill and what happened. They spilled straight away, didn't they? Pat, she's not she's not with us, she's chugging down the coffee.
Speaker 2: Well, she's never she's with us, but she's never really, was it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: I was mopping it up with my skirt and luckily you had some chucks in the glove box. Couldn't open the glove box. There was no button in this futuristic thing.
Speaker 6: Can I make it a small complaint about McDonald's Richmond.
Speaker 2: I think it's always a good idea if you want to leave the show to attack major sponsors, So it's entirely up to you.
Speaker 6: It's just a constructive criticism they have. As you're leaving the driveway and you've got coffee full to the brim, they fill it up to the top. They put a huge speed bump at the end of the drive through, like a fallen tree over without the coffee trilling.
Speaker 2: They do all do that, now, is it? Because obviously some caffeinated Sorry trades, But I'm talking to you here because sometimes i'm a drive thing. You see a trade. He's already chugging up one of those Monster energy drinks right, like a ten liter keg of it, and then thinks he needs a coffee, a coffee chaser on top of that. Maybe it's but you're right, it's like Australian ninja. You've got two molten lava coffees there and they're going to go spilling your precious teslast case scenario.
Speaker 6: That's why we have rules.
Speaker 2: The rule was no food, one of those miserable old dads. This is why we have rules. All right, Lates, the parties back for this year. This is where you can email the show. If you're listening to the show and you can't call in or you don't want so, you can email. No topic. Whatever we're left talking about is never left completely dead. You can email us whenever you want. Yesterday on the show, then part of three topic Tuesday one of the phone. This was about how your parents met. This is a lovely email from Nicole Christian. How are my parents met? My dad? Charles Robinson was a stretch at bearer in World War Two. He was captured whilst helping the wounded increte. He escaped. Get load of this guy. He escaped from the prison camp and was aided after escaping. Don't you find that the older generation that got involved with have got these amazing stories that you have to prize out of them. My granddad fought the second and all out in Africa. He would never ever talk about it. I wish he was still alive. Now it's working get those stories out of him. Anyway, Back to Charles Robinson, a stretcher Bear in World War Two, captured whilst helping the wounded in Crete. He escaped from the prison camp and was aided after escaping by a French family on his return to Melbourne. I mean, how did they even get back here? How did he get back here? He went to the Free French Movement to tell them about his experience and to thank them. He met my mother, who was from Belgium, who was a secretary at the Free French Movement based here in Melbourne. They got married a year later at Melbourne Grammar. He really talked about and they were married for over fifty years. Really talked about his war experience, like many other brave men and women. After much persuasion, however, we managually get him to write a book about his experience. With some help, the book Journey to Captivity was published by the War Memorial in Canberra. Wow, is this amazing? Unfortunately my dad passed away before the book was launched. Nicole, that is a lovely email. Thank you very very much. If you got any email so late to the party, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com.
Speaker 1: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you are someone who, maybe over the last couple of years, or maybe it's just this year you started, who really, really really does want to commit to and smash a New Year's resolution, which is very, very hard to do. More of us have got a story about only getting a couple of days. A friend of mine was going to be doing this big news resolution right it kept saying it for weeks. I kept seeing away with Christmas, playing golf with them, and I bumped into it the other week. I said, how's it going to go? Do you know what I forgot to start? This is what happens. You have all this talk and all this energy about it. It's very hard to commit to them and actually do them. But if you do really want to this year, for whatever reason, whatever your goal is, actually do commit to it and nail it, then we might be able to help you. But we're getting too that in the next half an hour before that yesterday my wife was My wife's one of these people who I seen one of these people. Look, it's a bad thing. She goes through bank statements and when you really go through them for nically right, because everything's tapp and go. There are more entries now on a back bank statements than ever before, all right, because we're not really using cash. And it's amazing the things you're paying for that you've still been paying for for years that you've forgotten about. So there was a phone that I brought in the UK that I've been paying for for about seven years that I had no idea about. I thought i'd cancel it or they'd realized I'd move to the UK and honorably they would not still charge me. But they have been.
Speaker 6: That doesn't sound like a telecommunication.
Speaker 2: Upfront people. The other one was a subscription for the last two and a half years to Google Play. I'm not even sure I know what google Play is. I've never played anything from google Play. And you know what, that's the thing. Have you ever tried to cancel a subscription to something online?
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially when you don't know that you've even signed up for you pass away way to sign in?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you call Google? Why do you even have they got customer services representatives? I didn't even know how to get of Google. Where are they out there in Silicon Valley, in those caves of all the service somewhere I need to get a hold of. It's easy to get divorced from someone, isn't it your partner that actually unsubscribed to an online account? And then then the other thing is that my wife said, what is this bare knuckle boxing thing you've been watching? I signed up a year ago to watch a fight, and I'm ashamed. I do love UFC, I love boxing, and there was a thing you had to sign up for it to a year you can just watch that fight and it was bare knuckle boxing.
Speaker 6: That is it feels wrong, It's horrible, right.
Speaker 2: I stopped watching off the first round because it was too It was incredible. Does it feel like a real sport or does it feel like a guy? Which she feels no, I tell you what, you know, it doesn't feel like that. It feels like two guys out the front of a pub. And I actually felt sickened by it. So anyway, I shut the laptop down and felt a shamed. I've been paying for it I'm funding bare knuckle boxing. I felt like, this is a press conference where you're going. I had no idea that I was funding this undergrow move.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don only want to contact a better knock and boxing organization in case they go whatus. The first sign of weakness is trying to counsel your subscription.
Speaker 6: Can only fight your way out.
Speaker 2: That's why it's like fight club. You don't talk about Bare knuckle Boxing club. I've been paying for it for a year. The kids were horrified that the dad's got some shame. It's worse than porn. You could be in the now watching more bare knuckleboxing.
Speaker 1: From The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Early on this morning, Jack took live on air Patsy out for spinning his brand new car. As Patsy's words, snazzy Tesla just reminded me ruby who my eldest daughter is. Sixteen? She next month is finally getting to do because obviously had to cancel all because of COVID. She's finally having.
Speaker 6: Her driver's license. Oh yeah, the learner's permit. So will you be the one to text?
Speaker 2: It's already been sorted out. My wife said to you who can get quite.
Speaker 4: Animated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the cisco for a plight word that. Let's put that as a place hold a pat to say animated. Okay, when John, my wife is one of those people. See, she's a terrible I would even say world's worst passenger. She does that thing when I'm driving, right, you know, touch would never be never hit another gund never been involved in nextllent, but she does this. Think you know where they're like using the door handlers and rudder, you know, and the left foot goes down. Chris break breaking two. I went, I am forty seven. I've been driving for a very long time. I've never plowed you into.
Speaker 6: Anything or braced themselves like impact bracing bad.
Speaker 2: You can't be doing that with a nervous sixteen year old, right, So get this booked yesterday. But Ruby these three lessons, and one of them, right, my wife and I have to come out and sit in the back while Ruby is having a driving with the instructor. Yeah, and he advises us what to say and what not to say, you know, like you know sort of stuff where you know, obviously my wife going, oh my god, I'm going to crash. Don't kill me. Rub right out that you must have gone through this because it's it's different in Australia than it is here in the UK, and she gets like a log book.
Speaker 6: Then I was before that, but they came in maybe a couple only a couple of years after I was doing it, where you have to log one hundred and twenty hours, which is a lot before you drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. So I was talking earlier about when you go through your bank statements and years ago bank statements, it used to be a lot, just a couple of pages, didn't they was now that there's so much on them because of tap and go. You've got all these entries. You don't know half the stuff that's coming out. And now in the world of direct debit, you sign up for all these direct debits and then you just your life just carries on and you forget sometimes that you're still paying for something. So I found that there's a phone I've been paying for to a UK phone company, the biggest one in the UK. Have got enough money, but they've been taking money out of my bank account for a phone I do not use on the other side of the world. I can't use it anyway. I've been paying it for seven years. Money's been coming out of my account. Jack, you must have done this where you sign up for stuff with direct debit as we were paying for two years for Audible, which is audio books. I love you those And I thought for the longest time that he was bianke as my wife's and she thought it was mine until just recently when we went, hey, how's.
Speaker 6: That Audible going, and realized there was neither of ours. Audible is Amazon. So like getting into Google Play, how do you call Amazon to say, hey, can you stop Audible? We don't remember ever buying this or ever.
Speaker 2: They need to connect you to one of Jeff Bezos's eighteen houses to get him to log on to be able to counsel your Audible subscription. Perhaps have you done this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my husband has. He had a gym membership that he hadn't used for about three years.
Speaker 2: Although the hardest things to leave. It's like the Hotel California you can check in where you can never leave.
Speaker 8: It's almost like give me your firstborn and then you'll be free. Yeah, it took ages. It was letters going back and forth, and finally.
Speaker 2: Got to get lawyers involved to take me to court.
Speaker 6: And they're entitled to half your money.
Speaker 2: Jamie's on alone. Good morning Jamie, Good morning team. How you doing. Yeah, good, welcome to the show, Jamie. So you're on And what did you realize you were still.
Speaker 5: Playing for that was paying for chess boxing for seven years?
Speaker 2: Chess boxing? I remember seeing that on the news years ago, probably seven years ago, when it was like they did they box and then they had a couple of then they played chess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the first round was boxing, the second round was chess, and they keep going for ten rounds chess.
Speaker 2: You signed up to watch this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I had to.
Speaker 5: Pay to watch one episode. I thought that was paying website, but I was actually paid a yearly fees.
Speaker 2: And how long? How many years have you been paying and funding chess boxing?
Speaker 7: I think it was six or seven? Either work out the six year and.
Speaker 2: What was it through? What did you have to go through then? To try and cancel it?
Speaker 6: I have to go try to email Google play, Google.
Speaker 2: This is where I'm up against with this bare knuckle boxing thing I signed up for and I'm trying to cance it through Google Play. It's really hard, isn't it It is?
Speaker 11: I don't change bank like close the bank account down and then make a new one.
Speaker 2: That's what I need. You need to cancel the credit card, move house, change my name, change radio stations, Jamie, thanks you killing I have a good day.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have any of you guys ever actually committed to and stunck to and now a new Year's resolution?
Speaker 6: I am proud to say I did last year? Did you year of accountability? It did actually because in twenty nineteen, on our very last show, I had a flights book to Mexico at eleven am and there was a problem with them canceling the flight, and so I spent most of the show on the phone to the to the airline, and I really disrespected our last show.
Speaker 2: Last show of the year. Jack was literally, am I you were out in the office calling that the travel insurance company and stuff like this, having some sort of meltdown out there whilst our last show of the year was on air.
Speaker 6: And I regret my behavior that day. So last year I said I'm going to do a year of accountability. I'm going to be there for every show, and I was last year.
Speaker 2: That's not accountability everyone listens to. That's called going to work. Some news resolution to go to work. That's just like to me, that's just like a basic there's eighteen breathing working ak to me paying the mortgage. I mean, I've got no choice. You're going to do this? Yo, I wanna I want to lose ten K? What are you gonna I'm gonna go to work? Oh God, good luck with that hashtag motivation Monday. Get in there. You've got this hero, You've got this. You can go to work. You mean the job we do like four hours a d and I did it. I came to work last year. Jack went to that job, went place.
Speaker 8: That's incredible, Patty, I never make resolutions because Jack.
Speaker 2: Really, I know it's so hard that it's so hard to stick to them, Isn't it? Because they are they're really really hard human beings. You need this motivations like carrot and stick approach, isn't It's like you've got to find some of the where you've got a really big enough reason, which is why the people normally see to do and they were ah, grooms or brides who are getting married, they want to get in shape, want to lose weight, because they've actually got something and they've got like a mini milestone that isn't at the end of the year. So anyway, the reason why I'm asking you this is if you actually have a New Year's resolution this year, maybe you're already struggling with it, maybe you already you've already forgotten about it, or you've failed in some way, But if you really have something you'd love to do this year, whether it's given up smoking, whether it's losing weight, whatever it is, I have an idea, right, I do have an idea that I think might be a very big bold way. And we can only do this for a couple of you, but I think it very big bold way for some of you to actually if you really do want to honor your New Year's community yourself and actually do it this year for some reason, that we would better help you in a very very big way. It can only be for a couple of you. But before that, I need to know, is anyone really interested in trying to a New Year's resolution? And this might be one you haven't even done this year, but hearing this thinking you might get a really big support group to cheer you along the way. And I'm not doing this in any way to ridicule when you come on here if you do want to lose weight and whatever your goals are, We're doing it, no judgment, just to try and help you out.
Speaker 1: Hello, good Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So ask you this morning. Who has a New Year's resolution that they really, really really want to commit to. All right, let's chat to some people see what they want to do. We got here, Tracy. Good morning, Tracy, good morning.
Speaker 9: I was going to use a name that wasn't my own, but I've decided against it. I would like to become a better surfer during your two COVERD calories. I've put on quite a bit of way and I'm a little bit flumped to us, actually a lot, and I would just love to be a better surfer by June. And I am fifty in June, so I want to be out there and I want to rip it up.
Speaker 2: First of all, Tracy, I think it's awesome your bravery. You've shown a calling up a radio show and saying this is what you want to do. That's awesome. I applaud you for that already.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: So you're fifty in June, Okay, I'm fifty in a couple of years time, and it's a great age, and it's an age to celebrate that you've made it to fifty, So you want to be in the surf for your fiftieth one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: I think I'm going to have a surfing party. So We're going to hire the company and all my friends can get dressed in their wetsuits and they can come out and freeze off their bits with me and we'll all go surfing.
Speaker 2: Don't you all want to be a Vita Tracy's surf party. We only just met you, but I'd love to be there as well. And have you got some re mind you thinking about talkie or where would you be?
Speaker 10: Look?
Speaker 9: I love wraps. So that's a little beat down near ocean.
Speaker 2: Growth right beautiful around there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the awesome little beach. And I have been surfing before and there's nothing better than sitting out the back with the family and just catching that perfect way. But unfortunately, by the time I get up these days, i'm actually ankle depth. So yeah, I just want to be happy to do it a little bit faster and enjoy the ride a bit longer.
Speaker 2: That's great, What a great way to celebrate your fifty years.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think it'll be absolutely awesome.
Speaker 2: I really do, Tracy, this is amazing. My last question is this, how serious are you about this?
Speaker 9: I'm nearly in tears talking about it, so yeah, I'm bloody serious.
Speaker 2: Great, it really means that much to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there's like I said, there's my kids both surf. My hobby surf, and there's nothing better than getting up in the morning and going out and just sitting out the back. But apparently that's all I do these days is sit out the back and catch a broken wave in where they're all writing full ways, and yeah, I'd love to do it, totally love to do it.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, we're going to stick on a song. There's a lot more people calling in, Tracy, stay there, stay with us.
Speaker 1: Well. A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So this morning we're asking you, do you have a news resolution? Do you have a goal that you really want to do this year? Then it really means something to you. The reason why I'm asking this is I have got an idea something which came to me over Christmas and New Year, have been away for the show. I heard one of my wife's dodgy friends talk about news resolutions. And I was thinking, how, you know, we often just don't. They're really hard to commit to, you know, it's tough to motivate ourselves. It's actually really really hard. And I thought, I just had this idea about something we've done on the show, something very different, not relate to this, thinking, I wonder if anyone would actually do that. So this morning the question really was just who really has something that really means that much to them they're but really prepared to actually do it this year, we might be able to help you. And then the first call, which it was a wonderful woman, awesome woman, Tracy. Tracy is going to be fifty this year. This is me in a couple years time, and she wants to have an awesome fiftieth. She wants to be surfing and like a lot of us during COVID Gym's Lockdown, whatever we ate too much, we drank too much, she wants to get in shakes and when she's in the surf in June, when she's fifty, she feels and looks great. Who doesn't want Tracy to do that? Tracy? Yes, boot Camp are running a boot now. Tracy. We love talking to you. Just now Honestly, we've been talking about you during the song. I don't know if you're in supponing now. We loved hearing film. I love you know hearing that. It meant so much to you. You said you're almost in tears talking about this. You can feel it. It's near, you know, June's a couple of months away and you're going to be fifty. You already know which bit of the beach you're going to be in as well, near Ocean Grove. So, Tracy, before we go any further, I just wanted to give you a chance to know what the idea is because it might not be. This might not be what you want to do. And if it isn't, okay, no, no, no, no listen. If you say no, you can say no then then that's absolutely fine. We can try and get your personal trainers, I'm sure the personal trainers listening right now, or nutritional experts that can help you do this. We will still help you whatever you say to this, but this is the idea. I wasn't going to mention this till tomorrow, but now hearing you what this miss you, I think I should just say what the idea is. So Chasey you might've been driving around sometimes and you see written all over all over someone's car, is something like a slogan or a company branding? Yeah, yeah, my idea would be. My idea is would I be to find some people that really want to commit to a news resolution where they have it written on their car? So for example, right, I don't know if that's a good sign. My question to you is, you know you said this really meant something to you. Would you have it written all over your car? Like my name is see I'll be surfing by gin And I'm not talking about any kind of shaming thing or like that. This is something to motivate you where if our listeners saw you in traffic, they toot their horn, wind down the window, and go Tracy, good luck. How are you getting on? Yeah? You can take time to think about this. It's a really big question. You don't need to you don't need to turn around.
Speaker 10: It's not me that's really bothered about it.
Speaker 9: I can do the shaming.
Speaker 2: It's not shaming. I don't want you to feel shamed in any way. That's what it needs to be motivating, so that all our listeners, if they saw you out and about, would wind the window down and going, how are you getting on? Good luck? How are you getting on? It's to do that. It's nothing to do with shaming and what we wright in the car. I don't know, but there's nothing going to be about.
Speaker 9: My biggest thing is obviously will it come off the car?
Speaker 2: And they will come off the car? Be a temporary kind of thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh my gosh, my work colleagues, look, yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Why not? What car have you got?
Speaker 10: I've got a land Cruiser car.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of space on there. But Tracy, we're going to together. If you do this right, you're okay. The words that are on there, we're right. Then with you. You'll decide what's on there. Whatever's a motivating statement, whether it's I'm Tracy, I'm gonna be fifty in June and I want to be surfing, you know, support me, whatever it is. We'll find words that are that are that feel right and empowering for you.
Speaker 9: I've got this vision of like you know, the old person just married written all over.
Speaker 6: My hanging off the bat.
Speaker 2: You figure this show this will be a high end, you know, like Tintacara. Whatever. It be a very good wrap around. I think they I'm having a hot flash. We won't put that on the car. Okay, all right, listen, Tracy, take some time out now. We're all very very excited. Okay, take some time up. We will give you a call afterday's show and to see how you really feel off air. Give it a bit of time.
Speaker 9: Okay, look, yeah, okay, I'm I'm nearly there. I have to confirm with my husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeh.
Speaker 2: Chat to whoever you need.
Speaker 9: Book. We've got a custom made number plate. Who gives a rap?
Speaker 2: Let's just do it, all right, all right, we'll speak to you later, okay, but for now, Tracy, we love talking to you. Okay, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 10: I love the show.
Speaker 9: Make me smile of the morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you. All right, makee bye? All right. So that is the idea. Okay, So there are other people, and I know a lot of people are dropping off right now. We had ten lines. All the lines were jawned earlier. Now they're going, I screw that, I'm not on my car, Do not give me booze, do not feed me. I am one hundred percent I the only the way that Count's idea was like, what a great way to say you know you've been accountable, right, and this is one of the most motivating things apparently about these goals. Now it's only to do that. It isn't about shaming. I don't want anything written on the car that's going to make you fit awkward. That's not what this show is about. But if we can agree that I or find any of you that do want this and only be a couple of you and I meant it because everyone who listens to this show, and we've seen this so many times time and tom again, is so supportive. I know that anyone listens to the show if they saw Tracy whether or not she does it, or a guy called Dave you want to try and lose some weight, and you saw him maybe making his way this imagining Dave to a subway, you'd wind the window, go get back in the car, Dave, get back in the car. Or you worked at that subway going I've seen the car, Dave, we're not serving you here, or gone Dave walk on that we would be like one big support.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: I ask you some more and then do you have a goal? Do you have a news resolution that this year you really, really, actually want to make it happen. We're going to pick two or three of you, and if you're up for this, we're gonna have it written on your car. And then when you hit your goal, you tear it all down. You don't need it anymore. So about shaming or anything like that. We'd find words with you that would mean something to you. So when listeners see you aren't about going to work in the morning, coming home, they give you a two, they give you a wave, and the cheer you on. It's like a giant support group turning it into that. Let's go to Catherine.
Speaker 11: Now come on and Catherine morning Christian that youre doing.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Catherine. I hope you will as well. Thanks you cool on the show. So you know what the idea is.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, And you've helped me clarify a few more solid reasons why I want to achieve this goal. How so ah, just by listening to Tracy, she is awesome and I hope she goes ahead with it because I think she'll smash it. It's helped me sort of clarify why I want to give up alcohol. I did give it up in twenty nineteen, and then it sort of snapped back in around Christmas time, as it does when you know, people offer your glass a bar, isn't it? And the next one people.
Speaker 2: We've got such a big relationship with Alcole because it's such a social wave of being, isn't it. People get.
Speaker 11: When you're not drinking, while yeah, why aren't you drinking? You know what's wrong with you? And there's nothing wrong. I smashed all my other goals.
Speaker 5: I gave up.
Speaker 11: Smoking years ago. I go to the gym three times a week, and I exercise on the ulternate days. I eat well, I'm a space cadet, I meditate, I stand on the ground and all that sort of stuff. The one area that I struggle to go back to giving away, and it depends on how you phrase it as well, is I just don't want to drink alcohol anymore. It does mean no favors. I have more energy, I feel better, and then I have a drink and I beat up on myself and I think, oh, you know, come on, be kinder to yourself. Let's try this again. And then you know, I'll go a few days no alcohol, and then it's like, oh, you know, let's just have one little gin and tonic or let's have one glass of bubbles with the girls at lunch or whatever, and it's like, oh you. And then I wake up tired and I wake up like I need to go back to sleep, and I, you know, I think, well, I go to the gym, and then I dragged myself along and SOI I congratulate myself for sticking to the rest of my goals. It's just that one that I know I can do it. I just need a bit more motivation or you know, doing it in public and actually getting onto the radio and putting it out there for all the listeners to hear. He's actually motivating me even more because now people I know are going to see me today and say I heard you this morning, and I hope you can do it. Because the Christian O'Connell radio show community is so supportive and they're so awesome. So that's why I thought, yep, stick on the you know, hold on for another half an hour on hold, waiting for Christian to get to me and go for it.
Speaker 2: This is awesome hon to see. It's amazing that you talk about this and what your goals need mean to you. So it would be written on your car, what car have you got cawen.
Speaker 11: I've got a red one DACIVII, so it stands out a little bit. You can put it in yellow writing or white writing, and put it in holographic or fluro for all I care. You know, my husband will support me because he says, whatever makes you happy, and if giving up alcohol for good makes you happy, then go ahead.
Speaker 3: And do it.
Speaker 11: And besides, I'm on the dark side of fifty, so I have one chance. You know, I'm heading towards sixty. I want to rock a bikini that was waiting for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm only nervous about, you know, three years from now hitting fifty. Now I've got one about the dark side of fifty. Oh my words, there's a dark side to it, scaring me. I don't want to go near the dark side.
Speaker 11: I can see the light coming.
Speaker 2: Stay away from the light. We need every listener, seriously, stay away.
Speaker 11: I have got I have got a six packer app to just underneath a little cushion called my tummy. So I want to get rid of that little cushion. And I know the last thing I need, that's all.
Speaker 2: We have on the car. I want to get rid of the cushion. I'm Karen, and I want to get rid of the cushion.
Speaker 11: I want to rock a bikini for my fifty ninth birthday.
Speaker 2: Great, all right, Catherine, we're going to let you go for now. We want to help you, okay, And thank you very much to give us a call, and thank you very much for being so honest, and you right even picking up the phone and coming on the radio and said, I'm Karen, this is what I want to do. This one want to overcome is brilliant.
Speaker 11: It's my pleasure. Thank you very much for coming up with such a novel.
Speaker 3: Idea oh is novel.
Speaker 2: Thanks Catherine.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: At work time was on the way pass. You seem to be in pain this morning. What's happened last night?
Speaker 8: I had stars in my eyes and birds flying around my head. I dropped this massive slab of chopping block on my little pinky finger and it really hurt.
Speaker 2: I don't actually think anyone's ever when they really hurt themselves. Seeing birds only sort of acne road running cartoon. She said, the birds going around here. You've seen stars sometimes when you hurt it sound I mean, there are some things that is quite a small injury that hurt in such a bigger way, don't they. I mean like paper cuts is like a millimeter and absolutely agony. The other day, I just my foot just glanced something metallic, a barefoot, just the tap on a toe. You almost have to take a knee. I was in so much pain. You know, it's a small injury, but a huge amount of pain.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I see you slaving away over your laptop there, last minute cramming. You've got some gold coming up.
Speaker 6: The best ones always come back in school, isn't.
Speaker 2: The fear of the deadline? All right? Today's that work time waste. We'll always talk about year's resolutions and goals. We're asking you today to motivate a movie. Okay, Fasting and furious. Oh I'm so hungry hard food and I'm fasting. Gold Men who stare at gold medals? I won this gold medal? Yeah, silver, catch me you can if you really put your mind to it. Gold driving, Miss Daisy to succeed bronze on these last three. No, these last two are right on the cost. They're either going to be bronze silver, They're not in between. You can do a TA you can do E. T you can do you can do ET, you can do it, you can do et.
Speaker 6: It's not even bronze.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, last one. This is it now com monsters Ink.
Speaker 6: That's better Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Com monsters Ink, commstors Ink.
Speaker 6: Gold Miners, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Jack. What have you got? Motivate a movie?
Speaker 6: A star jump is born?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, bronze walk your way.
Speaker 6: Up weekend at Burpies.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. Are you just going through the exercise you do in your personal trainer?
Speaker 6: Frank pay and gaining automobiles?
Speaker 2: Bronze?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: I don't like to do this, but I have to. Dude, where's my cardio?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's about it. It's his first good one on the run. I give you a gold for that for the dude, you can do eat come on, which I just actually grimaced.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast on today?
Speaker 2: Is that what time waster? You can win Village Gold Class double passes or don't miss wonder Woman nineteen eighty four's new wonder Woman movie at Village Cinemas. You can book a tickets at Village Cinemas dot com dot au. So he has been christ seen this.
Speaker 4: Yes, he went last week, loved it.
Speaker 2: Did he take your daughter? No?
Speaker 4: Because it was a late night session.
Speaker 2: But I don't would you not take a nine year old girl that you have to wonder? Okay? I saw that movie Wonder Woman. He's trying to see it.
Speaker 6: I saw it's good's.
Speaker 4: Rated, though I don't think it's for kiddies?
Speaker 2: Is it? Yes?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Maybe not the superhero ones? Now I think it's this game. It's not Scaler. That's a horror movie, risky movie.
Speaker 2: Also, at the time slots are available, he couldn't. It was only he had to go to a midnight I'm sure he said that he just work the piece in quiet and it was too tight to stump up for another ticket. And also all the snacks as well. All Right, today's time, waister, today's time waste is motivate a movie? You ready? Jack Dumb and Dumbbeller Gold Troy, well done? Get him to the gym? Did they get him to the Greek Yeah?
Speaker 6: I actually thought of riding that down and I thought it was oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, you thought being fund you can do Eateah. Yeah, the divil wears lycra gold. Honey, we built a six pack, Silver plus you look really good Fellas God plus Chris well done, piggybacking Miss Daisy.
Speaker 6: Bronze, Fitness in the Gym.
Speaker 2: When Harry met Salad. Gold, Yeah, what I'm warrant you can do it? Not the horror movie. Just trying to jump on the whole comedy bandwagon. I've started this year with the whole you can do eat, don't spend it like Beckham Silver plus Mad Maximum reps, Silver Men who get men who get in there and milk goats again, not a fitness regime or motivate. What's going on with them today? Mission is possible. You can do this. Gold. Luke in Noosa World done. How to lose a gut in ten days? Gold, Dylan Brackets, the truck Man, very good, dig deep impact Silver, You me and bird Peas, that's how you do that. It's very good. Who's out from Paul George of the Jungle Gym Bronze, I know what you did last boot camp Silver, No carbs for old men, Kevin well done. White men can't start jump Gold, get fit or die trying Silver, grown up Mermaid.
Speaker 6: What's what's that?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I said? Motivated movie.
Speaker 6: What's grown up marmaide I can at least see what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: There's some stuff coming out of their minds today.
Speaker 6: Remarkable, dude, you can find your cart gold.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a gym membership silver back on it. Where don't phil the green for minute mile Gold Weekend intervention at Bernie's Bronze Top. Gonna do one more set of reps silver capching you look marvelous, Silver plus to grill a mocking word bird that is not motivational, to grill a mocking bird Bronze Inspiring Miss Daisy Bronze, Personal Training Day Silver, Big Mama's House of Wellness Silver. Yeah, let's then there name Biece for the yes for the tickets. All right, well done, Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's show. Let's talk about tomorrow's show. Tomorrow history. It's the inauguration, Joe Biden's inauguration tomorrow. You think it starts about what is it four am? Our time?
Speaker 4: I think coverage on nine is from three thirty.
Speaker 2: You always trying to get them to tune into shows tomorrow. This link hears about them tuning in tomorrow. Odin turn the TV on a al three, No, turn the TV on at three thirty, and then because we come stumbling on air. So Trump is going to be pardoning but one how many people?
Speaker 6: Over one hundred people?
Speaker 2: He said, And you know what the big rumor is in all sense? Have you heard Tiger King is going to be one of them? Really?
Speaker 6: I heard Little Lane is going to be one.
Speaker 2: Hre there's another one. You know, He's got this incredible list. But yet one of them is Joe Exotic.
Speaker 6: Why because he just was Trump?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump, this one's the second season of that. You know they're knocking back up. So anyway, Trump is pardoning one hundred people, how can they How is that good idea for any outgoing president? A lot of them, mainly are his family, himself and all of his close as who obviously know where all the bodies are buried.
Speaker 6: And he'll be the first president to ever pardon himself.
Speaker 2: Why would he do that? There could be no clearer admission that you've been up to some shady stuff then going look, I know it's not a normal thing, but I really need to pardon myself. All right, So tomorrow's show, We're going to pardon you. So all you have to do is just tell us what you've done, we will pardon you. So it's to pardon show tomorrow on the show. If you want to get in the email early, you can email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. We're back tomorrow and The
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast