Speaker 1: It was a damn good there.
Speaker 2: Can't you just let her have a conversation without kicking the words that she uses a pie?
Speaker 1: I can't. It's true. It was a damn Matthew, it was a damn good move. I never heard you talk like that when she's in front of you. Let me tell you a young child, Oh, I'm sick of cheweling dog.
Speaker 3: Sorcerer.
Speaker 1: It was a production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to two going dads, and we do have a mom just for a brief period.
Speaker 1: Grandmother, good grandmother.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast all about parenting. It is the good, it is the bad. And if you come for advice, don't don't do it from us, And no, definitely don't do it from Elie.
Speaker 1: What there we go, she's alive.
Speaker 2: Normally you would be relaxing upstairs in my bedroom waiting.
Speaker 3: To say it like that something going on the chimney.
Speaker 2: Well, every time that I go to get changed, I'm like, all right, coast is clear, and then all of a sudden you come out from the curtains and you're like, take it off, big boy, do it slower, And I'm like, how did you get up here? Yeah, it's tough living with a sex predator, my Lordie, but we are very thankful that you've decided to jump on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Ash.
Speaker 2: We were getting a little coffee before. She was very reluctant. What very what have I if I explained this is my mom Ellie.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ellie was reluctant to come in the podcast, but I thought we must, we must have her on.
Speaker 3: Oh god, we.
Speaker 1: Have to let her defend herself. Yes, yes, okay, she was dragged the coals through the mat. I would say, yeah, the muddy coals. I did it gently. I was like, that's what they all say it was.
Speaker 2: It was hard work keeping this pregnancy a secret, and little did I know, hard work for who for me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think, no, no, no, we need some context, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: We need time and place. Yes, you were on I'm a celeb, and you did not know about the baby at this stage. You did not know. I knew, and I was part of a very select.
Speaker 1: Few who knew inclusive.
Speaker 3: Now we were gathering here, Ash came that was back.
Speaker 1: He was here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My mum's freaking out because she's like, oh my gosh, can I say that you were back because.
Speaker 1: You were still in the jungle. Come on, man. So yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: It's for anyone if you're not.
Speaker 1: There, he was here that it's not as a manner, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Just so people understand, I was back from the jungle, but the Jungle finale hadn't gone to where yet, So I was back, but I was, you know, just in TV land.
Speaker 1: I was in the jungle still.
Speaker 3: But the main thing was you did not know about number three?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Correct? Right?
Speaker 3: So Ash and I are in the kitchen. Ash of course is making them agaritas, and he doesn't sound like me, and he happens to say, hell, Law, do you want to have a margarita with me? And without hesitating, I go no. And then and then Ash goes why not? And I come up, why did you?
Speaker 1: Why did you say no?
Speaker 3: Because I suppose I was a bit worried that Law in the moment of I'm a celeb might go yes.
Speaker 1: You'd say yes.
Speaker 2: You think, hang on a second, Hang on a second. You think that the TV show I'm a Celebrity is enough to create a cloud within Laura's mind that she thinks, even though she's pregnant, she's allowed to drink alcohol.
Speaker 3: Oh you push me and we're corner here, but I have to say yes.
Speaker 1: It's a great show and it's only one drink.
Speaker 2: It's so it's enough to make a pregnant woman when out she's like, quick, give me mar I did make it. And I think Laura said yes because it's more of a scene to say no.
Speaker 1: So you say yes.
Speaker 3: So you say yes, and then you just put it to the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think she's just been quiet. Yeah. He runs across the room in front of the margaret.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So then I think, oh my goodness, and Ash instantly goes what's going on, and I said, no, no, no, no, no. We've had a really busy day and she is exhausted. If she has a drink, she will just fall asleep and.
Speaker 1: We want to watch it and she'll die.
Speaker 3: And everybody else in the room kind of went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, not this guy.
Speaker 3: Ash looks at me. You pushed me literally into the corner.
Speaker 1: That never happened, that I can tell you what you're there.
Speaker 3: I no, And you said to me, you look me square in the eye, and you said, if you do not tell me the truth, that this is the truth. If you do not tell me the truth, I'm going to make a scene right here, right now, and he said it very menacingly.
Speaker 1: Yes, he can be aggressive.
Speaker 3: He can be so aggressive that with a seventy three year old say this aggressive do you have to be to a poor old seventy three year old.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying any of these. I'm not as was pushed.
Speaker 3: Into the corner nose to nose. If you do not tell me now what is going on, I'm going to make a say, well, what was I supposed to do? Matthew? Tell me?
Speaker 2: I mean, Jesus only I.
Speaker 1: Should be able to defend myself here, okay, before you we decided to fake okay, Donald, just keep it down a little bit with I offered her a drink. She said, yes, she did to be polite. I look over and old mate, oh here is like waving like she's back in an aeroplane. And I hide behind the corner over here because I'm like, I'm I'm not buying this story. I'm way too.
Speaker 3: Perceived in the corner.
Speaker 1: Why Jesus, my talk, me talk because I've been accused ashton year old woman. That never happened. I was in the corner. I coaxed you over a coke? You over? I was I admit the coaxing was aggressive. I was like it was, yeah, but there was this was a physicality. I was like, get on here now like this, and she sheepishly knew that she was going to spill the beans. She couldn't hold on to. It was juggling them around the house all afternoon. And then I brang her over and I got close to her face, see, not like nose to nose. I was like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: You got within her personal space for sure, okay, guilty of that, guilty.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm going to ask you one question. I just want you to nod your head.
Speaker 3: And rubbish, rubbish. No.
Speaker 1: At first she said, I said what's going on? She was like I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I just said thing's going on? And you said yes?
Speaker 1: And I was like, did you touch her?
Speaker 2: Did you touch her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Eli, did he touch you?
Speaker 1: I was. I was like, I said, I'm going to ask you one question. He's not your head and oh it was not God?
Speaker 3: Did you what did you not say? Tell me in this place? Tell me what is going on right now or I will make a scene. Did you or did you not say that?
Speaker 1: But you don't? And then is Laura pregnant? And I just said, nod your head in your hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I think I've got Ash. I've got to put blame on you. I think your behavior towards Ellie in the situation was absolutely unco I'm talking Ellie.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit upset. I didn't get to cause a saying if.
Speaker 3: I'm honest, I'm not anyway, And I would just like to say that I felt absolutely sick at that moment, thinking what have I done?
Speaker 1: I have now?
Speaker 3: I have now told Ash before you know how awful is that.
Speaker 1: I'm terrible. My job here is done.
Speaker 3: I'm a terrible manner. Poor law is confiding in me.
Speaker 1: I'm very hat I'm very convincing.
Speaker 3: I've just spilled the beans. Scared.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I was so scared for my life.
Speaker 2: You don't know this, Elliott, but you actually let it slip in front of me, and I knew before it told me, yes, yes, what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh that makes me so happy.
Speaker 3: Oh. I really was thinking dementia. You know what dementia is setting in? Because I have no knowledge of that.
Speaker 1: I didn't thankfully I didn't see you a lot between now and then. She's been hiding. I know because I would have used it. I would have been like, yes, can you get me, can get me drink? If you don't get me in drink, I will end you. I will tell you told me, oh my, oh, fabricate a whole story where you pulled me and I said, yess what, Ash.
Speaker 3: I was so worried that in this sort of moment of hilarity, hey, guess what that you were going to say it before? Never I think I probably did say to you. I think I did. Matt doesn't know.
Speaker 1: You did tell me that, and you did tell me. I heard you say that, you did tell me how horrible you felt, and I just laughed. Yeah. Really, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that we can now put this behind this, that you two can reconcile.
Speaker 1: But I also found the ultrasound before he told me. Yeah, it's a john the Johnson.
Speaker 2: The Johnson family is terrible at keeping.
Speaker 3: Secret and I did so well.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it before you go.
Speaker 3: I just want to say one more thing, and I've forgotten what it was. Reason I was reluctant to come on today was because.
Speaker 2: I you're pregnant.
Speaker 3: He because I spoke to law after all of the event happened, and she said, oh my goodness, that was that was a close thing. The Ash doesn't know, does he? And I said no, no, I just said that you were very tired, you'd been working all day. You were exact, and.
Speaker 2: She knew, she knew the way you reacted. She was like, there's absolutely no way in hell that Ash does it, now know?
Speaker 3: But nobody else in the room, nobody else said what what's going on here? Only Ash was the only one.
Speaker 1: What does that say about the other people in the room there? It is.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not angry at you at all.
Speaker 3: I'm just disapp I'm so happy to hear that.
Speaker 2: Before you go, because I hate to break it to the listeners and to you as well, Ellie, that you might die. Well, you were not staying for the full episode. Your time here is now done.
Speaker 1: I could I have the time, and technically as soon as you're born, you're dying. There's morbid Thanks.
Speaker 2: Before you go, I would like to hear your thoughts about how you feel about becoming a nana for the third time in our family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think it's that's.
Speaker 1: What we've got time for. Sorry you go.
Speaker 3: No, I just think it's a wonderful blessing, and of course I'm excited and I want lots and lots of mad so's you're not going to stop now.
Speaker 2: I think we are.
Speaker 3: Given up on the other boys.
Speaker 1: Thoughts.
Speaker 3: I say that, but it's not happening. It's not happening.
Speaker 2: Let's just hope that. Don't listen to this episode.
Speaker 3: But they've you know, they've come out and said they don't want children, so it's their choice.
Speaker 1: Don't try and have children with them.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about it being a girl versus a boy?
Speaker 1: Three girls?
Speaker 3: You know, a girlfriend of mine had five boys and when a sixth and Alie Alison, and Alie said, look, we would have gone a sixth anyway, but I would like a change of scenery. And she had a little girl now a baby, healthy baby you all know is a blessing. Change of scenery might have been interesting.
Speaker 1: You can always move, but it took me all but.
Speaker 3: You know, look, I think it'll be great for the girls. You know, three little girls together and you're such a good girl, Damn.
Speaker 2: Laura, Nana Marley, Lola.
Speaker 3: Yeah, been castrated. Yes, apart from that, if.
Speaker 1: You get the snip and then you'll be castrated brothers. Just yeah, well I think that's well.
Speaker 3: I think you're only strictly castrated when you lose your testicles, and when you get snip, you don't lose.
Speaker 1: Your f five legs between you and no testicle.
Speaker 2: Very good, Ellie, thank you so much for jumping.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: It was a pleasure to catch up with your beautiful young man again.
Speaker 1: Apologize, very proud of you as dead.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you really want me to go, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that I did. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being so gentle with my mother.
Speaker 1: That's my pleasure. Before I tell you this story.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have to promise you can't react to what I'm about to say to you.
Speaker 1: I can't promise you.
Speaker 2: So holidays have been recently, school holidays.
Speaker 1: Thank god they're over. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we had pony Club the song.
Speaker 1: Wait, what actual pony club? I knew you would react like that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, don't do yourself any favors. Matt hit me out. It's not I don't know what kind of pony club you're thinking of.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of like a bunch of spoilt kids riding their ponies. No, what did you buy a pony? No, if you buy a fucking pony, I will leave right now.
Speaker 2: I am so far in debt right now, I can barely afford to eat. There is no chance that we're buying Marley a pony.
Speaker 1: Not until next year. I'm king. We'll see how we perform in the next financial year.
Speaker 2: Ponies ponies are out of the question. But we were down the South coast, as you know, for a number of weeks. As you also know, it is very hard having your child, both children, every single day after day after day after day. So so there is a pony club down the South coast close to where we are staying. My niece goes to it.
Speaker 1: It's like regularly goes to it.
Speaker 2: No, it's just during school holidays and all it is okay, okay, all it is is a farm, right They have a couple of horses. Kids go and they kind of just work in the stables.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it's not that okay. I thought immediately, I thought, hang on, you've stepped this thing up here. Let's let's just be pony people. I thought you were thinking we're going to be horse.
Speaker 2: People, and you know who also thought that? Who Marley? She was like, pony Club.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, about finally so people I can get along with.
Speaker 2: She watches a pony Club show. It's like a Barbie one on Netflix, and you know everyone rock.
Speaker 1: So it's a cartoon.
Speaker 2: It's like it's pony people. It paints a very specific feature of like that final like the finer people in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like a pony and we've got a pony club and we have lunch around the ponies.
Speaker 2: And then after they get picked up in a helicopter and go home. And Marley was like, oh, that's what I'm going to be doing. So we went to pony Club.
Speaker 1: Marley was pumped.
Speaker 2: She was so excited because she was like, finally pony, I'm gonna be running.
Speaker 1: I have my own pony. This is gonna be amazing. And she's like, what am I gonna wear?
Speaker 2: So we went to Kmart to buy her new outfit because you need to have long pants, you need to have boots, and I'm like, I'm not gonna buy her proper.
Speaker 1: You got to look like a pony person. I don't know what you mean, no, I.
Speaker 2: Just you need to have boots. She's got like either crocs or a pair of Puma shoes. Yeah, yeah, you need like boots.
Speaker 1: She's just like, I need to saddle.
Speaker 2: And so I got a k fifteen bucks for a pair of boots. Great, that's great. But she was thrilled. She had like an outfit sorted in the morning. She woke up, she bounced out of bed, had breakfast, got dress.
Speaker 1: Here's my outfitt what do you think?
Speaker 2: And so we get there and it's the farm. It's been raining a bit as well. The farm is quite muddy, okay, and like, oh God forbid the pony people have to walk in the bart. She's not listening because it was it's a beautiful farm. It's just it's a working it's a working farm, you know.
Speaker 1: And there's like counts, give me concrete it please, issusting, Lola, don't touch anything.
Speaker 2: So we get there and the lady who runs it is like she's a very like she's she's a strong woman, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, break my hand. But she's lovely.
Speaker 2: She's lovely.
Speaker 1: Let me just this one more time. She's lovely.
Speaker 2: And I dropped Marley off and she's like, where.
Speaker 1: Are the horses. Where are the one am I going to get? Where's the body? Like a white one? Please buy that one for me?
Speaker 2: And the lady is like, here you go, gave her a shovel, gives her a bucket. Oh, and Mary's like, what's this for? I know the difference between a horse and a bucket, okay. And the first job they do, they're at pony Club for like a good half an hour, forty five minutes. They just shovel shit.
Speaker 1: That alone, that's really true.
Speaker 2: And so I like, I'm just going to, you know, drop and go. I don't want to hang around. So I'm like, all right, mine, like have fun. And she's there going fucking keiding.
Speaker 1: This is child labor. Yeah, I've paid a couple.
Speaker 2: Hundred bucks for one hundred bucks three days through oh three day okay yeah, and he's left in there for three days shoveling shit.
Speaker 1: Mally was like what have I done to deserve?
Speaker 2: And Lola was like, I want to go to pony club and then we dropped her off. Laura was like, let's get the fuck out of here. So you're back in the car and then I'm all day. So it's eight thirty to three o'clock. Oh my god, Ma's going to be having a terrible time, like Jesus.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm going to pick her up.
Speaker 2: I was thinking to myself, there's no way that she's going to come back for like day two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then Mate.
Speaker 2: Picked her up.
Speaker 1: She frozen. She's like he a carrot. Molly's like, here you go.
Speaker 2: Now, I got to feed the fucking horses, so give us give us five, would you. She's smoking a cigarette to pick red. Yeah, straight to the heavy stuff can be.
Speaker 1: It's like she's gonna go split the bee over here hanging. I was like, what if you're done to my marlet? But I loved it what happens at Bony and Bony.
Speaker 2: I love that she was covered in the I was like, Mary pounds, I've got to She's like icking cares.
Speaker 1: Like these boots they're not steel cat. What you're trying to do? Help me lose my toes?
Speaker 2: Three days?
Speaker 1: Three days that she loved it. Ride a pony.
Speaker 2: She rode the pony Louis I think his name was. I mean when I say ride the pony, I mean she's not like bear backing through the bush. Like yeah, there's like a little pen and I think they just walk around and.
Speaker 1: That's probably what she was expecting the whole time, right, like we're going to a pony club. You can sit on a pane.
Speaker 2: I think that she thought she was going to be like galloping through like the woods and over jumps like Spirit.
Speaker 1: Who's that? Don't you know? Spirit? It's a show about horses. It's a cartoon show Spirit Netflix. I haven't seen it. No, we should that sure love it. You'll have to own a pony there, because then she'll be like this is what I deserve. One day you'll get home and they'll be ride and bust with a saddle horse.
Speaker 2: Hey, how where is Oscar's first day back at school?
Speaker 1: He's pretty good except to wear little shit like he look he's spoilt in a way that I ride him down on the electric bike and he loves that because he's reride past his mates who were just in their rain drovers. We ride past his mates and he's like, Hi, like Maley, we planelo bake a school. And she'd be like, I went to pony club, I had shovel shit. Oscar writes, He's like Charlie and just gives this look like I'm better than you because it was raining this morning. He was like, we're not going to get to ride the bike. Yeah, And I was like, that's all right. We can ride the car down there and it's fun and I'll push you out and you can walk down and it's a long path to from the top to the bottom. And it was raining and I was late and I was like, hey, all right. He was like can you walk down with me? And I was like, sorry, is that how the story is? Coughing? I was like, get the fuck out of my car. No. I was like, I was like, oh yeah, and it's a drop and go. So I had to find a park. Dude. I was the same. I had to message my therapist and be like I'm going to be late and she's like we're going to be talking about this and I was like tears tears from oscar. Nah. So we walked down. It was raining, it was really slippery. We walked down through the bush track and it's nicely. It was fine. And then once I got to the end, I'm like, you can see your mates and the bells about to go. You gotta go. And then he was like okay, sweet and went off. And I was also like, good on him, because when I was young and my first day back, I would wail like him.
Speaker 2: Dude, that was Marley. Oh what hysterical. She loves it though, Yeah I thought so. She was like, I don't know, it's super emotional club. Yeah, I was like the hardened Marley of like pony club days was gone and like the pathetic note I got pathetic.
Speaker 1: Perfect. But it was one of those.
Speaker 2: Mornings like Laura got up early for work and said Marley woke up and Laura had already left for work because she was crying over that. And I'm not I'm not reacting, but just like I was like, where's your shoes, just like I know everything and boots and then the same thing she I was like, I'm going to drop you off, you can just go, and she's like.
Speaker 1: Can you walk me in? I was like, fuck, just hysterical. Yeah, right when you like walked her in and fully left.
Speaker 2: And Yeah, there's a really lovely lady who I don't know her exact job, but she kind of took my child.
Speaker 1: She kind of just like gives the kids a hug.
Speaker 2: She's like the mom of the school, but she just hangs out at the school and hugs kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's kind of like a teachers out. It's sexual predator, but like, yeah, my child, how long have you worked at the school for she's worked at the school school?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I lived here, it was my house. But she's great, She's like so awesome. And she was giving me like a hug, and Molly was like, fuck.
Speaker 1: Off, I want my daddy. Could off be a stranger? It was a nightmare. Yeah. I used to walk. Yeah, my mom used to walk me to school on the way to the bus stop. And I remember as a child crying a lot. Yeah, I don't know what about. I was like trying to sympathize, but also get out of my car, Get out of my car. But poulstery Marley does love the bike. Yeah, it's just like it's just so weather permitting. I prefer the bike too. I love the bike.
Speaker 2: I love the bike. I was riding the bike yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's weird. Just on your own Marley.
Speaker 2: In the back right, were a little right around, got a haircut?
Speaker 1: Can I have a turn on the back?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: You can. Well my big butt fit in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah you will, yeah, yeah, long side saddle, don't you don't you worry?
Speaker 1: I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: We went for a ride around and we're on the way back home and there's currently some construction going on. They're fixing one of the roads.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I think I know the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's annoying, you know, cars are always banked up. And so came up to this part where the road was under construction and I thought to myself, I'm just gonna nip onto the footpath.
Speaker 1: You're on a bike against that, right, And.
Speaker 2: So I was on the footpath going slowly right about one hundred and fifty meters.
Speaker 1: Then you can say one hundred and fifty k's I'm not very slowly.
Speaker 2: I nip back onto the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. And then as I knit back on.
Speaker 2: The road, I hear this guy go oy oy, and I was like, like, someone's having a crack at me. So I turn over my shoulder and he's like oy and I'm like, oh no, Like do you know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. I was gonna say, I flip that guy the fucking bird. God, that's how I think it.
Speaker 2: You I'm on the foot path trying to yell at me, and even Marley was like, what's he getting?
Speaker 1: So angry about I know what you did. However, can I guess? Can I guess what happened? There was wet cement, he right across the it's so good. No.
Speaker 2: So it turns out the person that I gave the finger to, which I am sorry that I did, that was the.
Speaker 1: Wrong thing to do. I shouldn't have done it. Now I stand by it.
Speaker 2: Marley had a little soft toy that had just fallen out of the bike.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, and he was holding the toy. I was like, oh, oh, did you get it back? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I was like, I can't turn around now.
Speaker 1: So what did you What did you say to him? I just kept on riding, like, no man left behind you. You're gonna take a different way to school now, just in case you run into that guy. It's a good lesson. That's a good life lesson. It's a good I did tell you that Oscar lurnt the finger from Popper a while back, but he does use it sometimes, And just that just jogged my memory. I was at a kid's party with Oscar obviously, was just there without a kid. That'd be weird your first time. Well, that was a misunderstanding. I thought it was pony club. I was like, I was like Oscar, like trying to get his attention, and he just looks over and he goes flip to you to me in front of all the other parents, and I just what do you do? I'm a funny guy. I just thought it was funny. I was like, yeah, fucking dead. And then honestly, my mate Mike thought it was fucking hilarious. He was like, how did you teach him to do that? I was like, I didn't do it, April. April's dad did, but yeah, I feel like giving the finger to there's someone in traffic probably yeah yeah, yeah, but I was going to say, like someone like having a cracky you be going on the foot path. Then off like that. I went to I went to Brunswick. That's like me Byron, Yeah yeah, yeah, beautiful, lovely. My cousins live down there and they're doing all this roadwork and like they're like where the car park is, and people have put who live in the residentials have just taken upon themselves to put their own witches hats up saying you can't park here. I was like, it's a long weekend. I'm fucking barking there, mate, don't you worry anyway. I pull in with the kids and everything in a rental car. I'm clearly not from there. I had Victorian plates on it. I look like an absolutely, I'm just blowing, a blowing of the highest regard like I am. First of all, I'm from Sydney driving a rental car with Victorian plates on it. I couldn't be any further like a tourist flash. It couldn't be any other anymore tourists unless I was driving on the other side of the fucking car. And I get out and I'm, you know, at the beach with shoes on. But that's even worse. I've been driving. I'm not dressed with the beach. We're at the beach. But I was like, I can always get dress. And I shut the door and I saw this some someone looking out peering out over their balcony like someone's parked where I know, and they're like, you can't part there. I was like, you're the parking police and she was like no, no, no, but I leave here, and I was like, I was like, oh, you can fuck off then, and I just got my kids and just kept walking, and I was like, they're probably going to fuck my rental car up here, and at first, at first glance, I thought, yeah, fuck, I showed her. I showed her, And then I caught up with my parents that were there as well, and Dad's like, did you park along there? I was like yeah, And I was like, how's this though? There's people put parking signs up there, and I'm like He's like, yeah, that's because they're doing roadworks and they're actually taking over all of their driveways and they've been told by the counsel that they can park then.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh shit, anyway, she's just trying to help you out.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look I felt horrible about it, and I was like oh, and Dad was like you parked there, didn't you. I was like yeah, because you better go move it. You didn't tell they wont to fuck off, did you? And I was like oh fuck. And April was like yeah, you should have seen what he did. And I was like, oh, we're bad people. Okay, we know it. I know, you know it, and we're trying to get better, I know. But Dad's the sort of guy who's like he's the biggest people pleaser. He was like, come on, we're gonna go back, and I was like no, and Mom's like, ah, fuck them. Oh, And so I left it there for like hours and I was like, oh sheepishly walked back. I said to Dad, like, we went, had a lunch at the pub, had a couple of had a couple of beers to get some courage. And I was like, Okay, go back and get the car. Walk back with Dad and Dad was like, look at your car there.
Speaker 3: All on it.
Speaker 1: I was like the only car there. And I was like, oh, fuck. Anyway, she's there leering over again, and I was like that's it. I was like, Dad, don't look, that's her over there. And Dad's like, sorry about that. Fuck. And then I just yeah, got in the car and forgot out of there quick. Smart. But I just reminded me of that. Sorry. If you are listening, lady from the same class. If you are listening, lady who I parked, I don't even don't try. You're not sorry. I'd do it again. Ash.
Speaker 2: We should have recorded parrant parant jingle.
Speaker 1: We haven't.
Speaker 2: No, we are going to get to it next week, we promise. No one really gave any feedback on the song with what we have. Then one person gave me a suggestion. I can't remember what it was, but to that person, I did acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to say that our idea was better. At the moment, we're telling people off.
Speaker 2: So you're lucky, You're lucky you didn't receive a finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get one in the mail.
Speaker 2: But we're going to do We're going to do one quick parant.
Speaker 1: Yes we are.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go jazzmine my virginity to do?
Speaker 1: Adjussemine? Did you well?
Speaker 2: Jazzmnine Adjasmine is from Sweden and she says, so my kid is a ginger.
Speaker 1: Yeap moving on fantomn.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and not like a slight red tone in his hair. He is ginger ginger. Neither I nor his father are just a few freckles on both of us.
Speaker 1: Milkman's got some explaining to do.
Speaker 2: I knows the old fucking lady staring us down when we were out and about going about our business. She then leans in and asks, how come he's ginger?
Speaker 1: Something my man would do? You know what the fuck?
Speaker 2: He's our kid? Sorry, Jasmon, he's our kid.
Speaker 1: We made him, I know because I was there.
Speaker 2: But hypothetically he could be adopted a sperm donation or a child from a previous marriage. I'm so over talking about the genetics of it all.
Speaker 1: With people I don't even know. People are way too fucking nosey.
Speaker 2: A well, it doesn't help. There's a lot of ginger in the photo already.
Speaker 1: This is a red photo.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of she's got her self to blame here. She's put him in a very specifically colored top, playing with a toy that's very specifically colored.
Speaker 1: Show me god, Oh holy, the slides even ginger.
Speaker 2: But beautiful child, beautiful kid, beautiful love it, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Child, very ginger though Macy was very ginger too, Like she's they grow out of it. That's horrible. Did you ever did you ever cop any questions? It was more I cop because she's indigenous and she's a ginger, and people will be like and they're just ignorance. Really, people would be like, so a few of us, how can she be how can she be indigenous as she's ginger? And I remember, like one guy said, someone was like it was a dad at kindy just it was it was I don't want to make this sound like he's a dick, because he's not. He was just like ignorance and I played with I play with people. Matthew J. Johnson, he was like, you know, how come like she's you know, and I said, oh, you know, just I was like what what background? What background are you and he was like, oh, you know German. It was like's funny, I've never seen you. I've never heard your kids speak German. And he was like what. I was like, you know, mind your own business.
Speaker 2: And it was like, did you beat him up in the car We had, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we had a laugh about him, and I walked about I don't really mind because it is strange and like also, if you know, like April is blonde, I'm dark haired, dark features, and then Macy was ginger, and it's like, is there must be someone along the line in their family that has like April's Arnie has like strugberry blood hair. We just was like, well the Armie, but also Macy's so pale yeh. She's like, see, I don't agree.
Speaker 2: I was quick quick to react to I apologize and uh, it just beautiful as.
Speaker 1: Joke about that she goes in the dark and it was like you know those little you know beat you know, those deep sea vision there's see through like, yeah, we get close enough. Just either that's it gets Sorry sorry anyway, I would say take a leaf out of Maddie Jay's book and if someone questioned you, just Ash, we have some questions we do Matt, I'll go first. Ye's a question from Hannah. Hello Hannah, a normal name for once, is it? Hannah? Do you think dad should take equal parental leave when baby is born, not at the same time as mum, but as the primary care It's a.
Speaker 2: Very good question, Ash and Hannah. Look, I think I think it's interesting when you talk to the older dads who never took any time off, like they were kind of lucky. I think my dad took the morning off for the birth and he was back at work at lunchtime. That's the old generation.
Speaker 1: That's why it's crazy. That's so crazy. I think that was for the first child. The rest of us, you know, it's like have you had it yet? Yeah? Is like one, two, three, four, not yet.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that workplaces now are acknowledging the importance of parental leave for dads and for mums. And I think, look, I know that not all places are as flexible as others, so it may not be an option, but if it is an option to take ten did parental leave? I think dad's are absolutely stupid if they don't take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would also like check the legislation what's actually because a lot of people don't. They're just like, okay, well my company won't they give him two weeks and that's all right, because I know when I had Oscar the first kid, the company I worked for, they offered three months okay, but was in conjunction with a particular legislation, right, which is you can take three months as a primary career okay, And they need to stat decks and and proof of that to be to take that time off. But also the company worked for need to agree with that too, because there would be businesses out there and be like, no, what it's like, Well, that't make anyone unhappy. But I know I worked with before I had kids. I worked with two guys that did that that after a certain amount of time and mum went back to work. Usually because you also loved a career, very career driven, they would go, okay, well I'm going to take three months off, and I think, like I think it gives you an opportunity to bond with that child playing more like for me, I took two weeks off with Oscar, but because of some complications we had, I ended up taking three months off unpaid, completely unpaid, because it was like, I need to go now, and they were like, do your thing. It will support you as much as possible. And over that time it changed absolutely everything. Here's something a friend of mine who's got a nine month old was like, he's sort of starting to be able to bond with that kid more because he's more there's more for him to do now when I think, but he's still got to work, but he's he's like, I wish I could have more time off now. Yeah. And that's the thing. If you get to like nine months okay, and your partner is coming to the end of their parental leave and she's really excited about going back to it because it's also great for It was great for April to go back and have adult conversations. Then you're going to have three months of you get three months of complete bonding with that child. It changed me that time because I would be you know, I can't wear the first sort of first generation where it's not like, oh, go straight back to work. But I had to conform to that right and I kind of felt like I missed out on so much until it was like unfortunately it came out of bad circumstances, but it was like at the end of it was like the best.
Speaker 2: Thing that it's totally I think. Number one, to give mom a break, you know, in the first few months obviously newborn babies are so dependent on mum. But after that period, if mum wants to go back to work, to allow them to do that by their dad being a home amazing or just having a break from being the sole parent, like the sole caregiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the child.
Speaker 2: Number two, like you said, having that bond, having that bond is so important and it also lets you understand and like what's required talk after a child, Like there are so many people that are like, well, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know not long after the baby. You're also good, I don't you do it?
Speaker 2: And it's like if you have that one on one time, you understand all the nuances of looking after a child from morning tonight, what's required, items, schedules, routines, et cetera. It also means that your wife is not going to be stressed out any situation where you have to look after the child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also like I think when it comes to the time when you know mum and dad are both around and you know baby, your child will go, their first instinct is to go to mum, right, But if you've spent three months with them, then that's like, hang on a minute, They've got two options. They've got two options now, because I think a lot of the time dudes don't take that time off or didn't take that time off previously to now is because they didn't know what to do, yes, right, And it's like I didn't know what to do. But you you know, we for thousands of years men and women have been procreating and we just it's just it's sort of part of our DNA and in the end, you can't be completely non maternal. So like I found that into that deep end was probably the best thing for me now as a parent, because I could deal with it then that I've just like it's kind of like a three month probation, right, It's like a trial period. You know, want to get to the end of that. But like, you learn so much more if you're on the job all the time.
Speaker 2: But I also think it's a perfect way to share the load beyond that, because I think there are so many dads who don't take that time to have one on one specific time with the child.
Speaker 1: They have no.
Speaker 2: Appreciation for how hard it is. And I think once you have that one on one time where it's just you and bub at home, holy shit, dude, it is so incredibly hard. I was like, Ah, this job sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like having the worst boss. Yeah you have. You've got a child for a boss, like a baby for a boss. And I completely understand that a lot of a lot of men don't think that they can do it in terms of like their job, or they might not have the access to or they might not know they have access to things that the government provide. But I would say, if you want to do it, fucking do it. Do it. Like like I said, if you can. I understand that some people can't just do that and they've got to work and make extra money on top to survive because of how expensive sheit is. But like I would say, if you're thinking about, like, okay, I would like to spend more time with my kid as a dad and like a new kid as a dad, hit your HR up, hit check fair work, check all these things because there are things there that we don't know about that you could, you know, take advantage of that. Other places don't.
Speaker 2: That's being all serious because weird.
Speaker 1: We just flipping people off, and now we're telling people to take time. Take one's spend more time with your children. Ash.
Speaker 2: Yes, last question before we go, what are the top three baby or toddler items that are a scam?
Speaker 1: Oh? So many? You go first, The whole system's a scam. Man, it's very hippie that word. It's a scam. Life of scam, gifing kids a scam. Just relax, fas, don't worry about it all. Don't worry about life man um. Firstly for me, yes, nappy bin. Oh, just put it in the regular bin and we had a nappy bin for both and look handy for it's there, but it's just a more expensive bin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tiny, two nappies and it's.
Speaker 1: Then you pull the thing out. It's so fucking heavy. I remember once I that's right. I was like, oh, do you want to be funny? Two story building? Not funny? Do you want to be easy? For me? I might just lower it off the balcony, so I have to take it through the house, lowered it, and it was so heavy it slipped out of my hands. Boof because of the nappy bin, because the fucking nappy.
Speaker 2: This is controversial, okay, but keeping with nappies, change tables, yes, okay, I think there are a waste of space.
Speaker 1: It's a first child thing. You're like, gotta get a change table, Gotta get one, gotta.
Speaker 2: Be stacked done with my wipes, a my nappies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. With Macy we had the change table phone bit a soft bit because I think it's that's important. But it was on top of a chest of drawers. She even rolled off once into a draw. They have it take heavens, but then the whole draw.
Speaker 2: It's just fine. But I agree, I just changed on the floor. You're a floor to floor changer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never used the change table. I mean handy. I didn't bad for your back all fours like a cat. I can see the cat over there, be like, don't bring me. Number two I had was those electric rockers. I never used to give me out. It's essentially a ride for the kid. Wouldn't it make you season? No? The manual one fine, and they're so cheap. The manual the bounce because also it gives the kid opportunity to realize that if they move their feet, hang on, yeah, I can bounce. I control this. It's like have you ever got into a hammock and thought, hang in a minute, I could swing.
Speaker 2: I like to have one leg out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've got control. Imagine if you didn't have controls. You want to give someone someone stopped, someone stopping?
Speaker 2: You want to give you a child autonomy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be like just sitting there someone, I've got my just like we're going forwards now. It's essentially a roller coaster for a child.
Speaker 2: My number two baby shoes, damn newborn baby shoes? What like they're cute Para Nikes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Like how adorable they are? There's the miniature. Can we also talk about how round the bottom of baby feet? H I can't remember because they're so chubby. They're just like fancing around. So you want to give that up with a fucking a flat surface?
Speaker 2: No, one's it's pointless. It's pointless.
Speaker 1: It's all. Do you know what it's all for the vanity of the parents. Yes, it look at my child. Apparently it's really bad for their feet as well. Apparently we are very helpful. Yes, go number three. Okay, So mine's not a whole product, it's part of a product, if you would say. So, you've got the pram, the forward facing pram, not the back facing pram. Yes, so they've yet forward thoughts. Uh. And they've got the lid yep for the sun, the hood rain the hood hood if you will, jinks. And it's got the tiny little flap at the top so you can check in on them.
Speaker 2: They're great, beautiful because you don't want to wake them up, you know, if they're napping.
Speaker 1: But if they're sitting facing forward, I'm just getting a knife full of a crate of the cap of their head. And you're like, oh, then I've got to go. I've got to flip it back. It's such a pointless fla it's a pointless flat.
Speaker 2: It's a point flat, like a pointless poet sticking with clothing. I'm going to go with bows.
Speaker 1: Vanity, vanity, the vanity of the parents out. The child hates it. Cute though a little bit kid. So look, I would say they're useless in terms of their functionality good for a phone, very useful. If you're like babies, I can't hold his neck up, but look how straight my bow is.
Speaker 2: If you have any items that you think absolutely pointless scams, if.
Speaker 1: We're being scammed out there by the incorporations, do you have one? I want to talk about it. I can't wait, I can't wait, can't wait. It would be really quick. Okay, it was those bibs, the plastic bibs with the I was going to say bigs, but I was saying I was going to say, it's the bib with the catcher in the bottom. It's too skinny for the catch ship and catching no one as if a kid's like I need to spit this out, I'm going to say they're like I think bibs in general, like just you're gonna wash a bib, gonna wash the clothes? I just I feed my child, just extra Yeah, smart them down.
Speaker 2: That's what we have time for. If you've enjoyed this episode, any episode of two Doting Dance, we would love it. We would appreciate it more than life itself. If you would give us a review, subscribe and make a few comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you can join us on social Dads, Two Dads, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: I think we're seeing that's everything. We will see you next time. Ellie.
Speaker 2: If you can, just on your body, just point to where Ash was was physical with you, please please do it, point to your breasts.
Speaker 1: Any of me canceled if we did kiss a little bit. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 1: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all our original and torrestrate island of peoples today