Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and I'm sore, very sore.
Speaker 1: I'm bravo Laura. She did ask me. She goes, I don't want to bring it in myself, but can you like talk me up? Laura? Did the city serve yesterday Sunday? Which is fourteen kilometers in Sydney, a very famous run if you're not from this area.
Speaker 3: Ninety thousand people did it yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's insane how many people do it.
Speaker 3: It's no anxiety. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: I tried to jog and then there were so many people that I couldn't actually get past them, so then I gave up.
Speaker 3: But that was only for about maybe fifty meters.
Speaker 1: No, for the first like kilometer or something, don't you just have to walk with the masses until everyone disperses and the elite athletes like go out in front.
Speaker 2: And then I was also pushing the donkey pram, which it self weighs about the amount of a child.
Speaker 3: Why is it called donkey it's the type of pram.
Speaker 2: A donkey pram is like the one that you can put two children in and then you can like take one seed off and make it smaller.
Speaker 4: You're basically pushing a sled for fourteen kilometers. Yeah, well no, because the sled doesn't have wheels. So like you, you had Lola, I had Lola. Who what does she weigh?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure on a good day, so fat shame my child.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just wanting to know what you had to run with.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like fifteen kilos maybe. Yeah, that's also like a six kilo pram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's insane for someone like you. It's gone from zero to one hundred.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: It has wheels like it moves with you, so when you push it, you're not pushing twenty kilos.
Speaker 1: I'm confused as why we're trying to set you up and you're trying to bring it back down, like we're trying to make you sound really good, and you're like, nah, I was easy.
Speaker 2: I am Look, I will take you, saying bulk, I will take the appreciation the accolades.
Speaker 3: I also took the Participation award at the end. Yeah it was great. It was a great day.
Speaker 2: But I woke up this morning and everything hurts, Like my hip flexes hurt, my knee hurts, my ass hurts, the back of my legs hurt.
Speaker 3: I was like, have I done enough now?
Speaker 1: You mean for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's the most I've done in about five years, So I feel like I've really just you know, I like to binge exercise. Some people binge drink. I binge exercise, and then I'll be done now for the next six months.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is there are people that do this amount of exercise every single day, but you're like, that's my binge. Like people run fourteen klongs a day every day, but you're like, I'm done. I binged it, I went hard. That's me done.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 3: Doing it with children was just it adds a whole other level.
Speaker 2: It's like an obstacle course when you actually have kids with you, because they need to stop, they need to pee, they want water, they want snacks. There's portaloos along the walk, and then there's like water stations along the walk. But when you have a kid and the lines I'm talking like the portoloo line was, yeah, one hundred people waiting for a portoloo, right, it's.
Speaker 3: A long, long line.
Speaker 1: Think of the COVID.
Speaker 3: Lola is three years old.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have the bladder retention of someone who can wait in one hundred person deep line. So we're walking along and I was like, Mummy, I need you do a we we. I was like, okay, we'll find somewhere, and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, but it's coming out.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, we have no spare pants.
Speaker 2: So I picked her up and I ran her straight to the side of the road and pulled her pants down like next to a bush. And then I looked up and there's like five police officers and a police cart just right there, and she's peeing in a bush.
Speaker 1: She got arrested for public.
Speaker 2: She was peeing over a bush in front of the police officers and they all just looked at her like well, then it's.
Speaker 3: Like, what am I going to do? Arrest of the three year old or arrest me? Like who's getting a ticket for that?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine Ifla was like, man, you're gonna have to cut with us.
Speaker 2: But she was like butt facing them as well, Like it was a full bird's eye for these poor police officers.
Speaker 3: They just turned around and pretend like they didn't see.
Speaker 1: I think three year olds get a little bit of leeway. Yeah, like you were allowed if you went and pulled your pants down. This is age discrimination.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was a really eventful day, guys, but we made it to the end. I got myself sizzle and that's all about it.
Speaker 1: I did see that. Congratulations, Very happy for you. I definitely did not do the city to surf. I look at it now and get a little bit of anxiety with how many people are in there. Maybe next year I'll think about it. But the funniest thing happened to me. So I had run into these two guys like multiple times in this one day, and they're just friends. But I know them because I see them so much around, But I don't know them, okay, Like I just you're like, oh hey. So i'd seen them at the gym, and then I had seen them later on in the sauna, and then I had seen them at a coffee shop, and then that was in the morning. Then later that afternoon I saw them at a different coffee shop, and I said as a joke as they walked past, I was like, one of us needs to get a job, don't we And they're like yeah, laughs, you know, like classic dad joke was done with it. And they're very like one is a bit smaller and skinny with like not much hair, and one is like quite a big muscling man. So they're really quite stand up. And then later on I was driving up the street and I saw them again, like on the side of the road, walking from behind. So I thought it'd be funny, and I put my window down and yelled out get a job. And I looked at them and it wasn't them. I just looked and abuse too strange as I was like, get that job, yeah, stink is wasn't them, that's not and I was it was so funny, but like in a non funny way. If something can be not funny funny, this is it. There wasn't enough time to stop and explain, so I was like, just drove off and that was it. That was what I did. I abuse someone and don't what if they just got made redundant.
Speaker 2: There's so many variables here about how that could be so inappropriate, but also imagine being the person who Brittany Hardly just wound down the window and screen like that dash a moment.
Speaker 4: So much they recognize you, I hope so much that their group chats right now are pretty abused.
Speaker 1: Do you know when you have those moments in life where like, you think back to the moment and you still die inside Every time I think about it, I am horrified at myself because there's no way for me to explain to these people. I will never find them again, and they will die thinking that I think they're lazy fucker? Is ah? That was my weekend, Oh dear, So Ben and I were just having this discussion. So I do have a question for you, both of you, Keisha and Laura. Super random has nothing to do with anything great, but I was driving to it this morning and Ben, this is when Better and I have our most profound conversations. You know how there's that conversation people always say, like, oh, if you could find out when you were going to die, would you if you could find out if there was something that said when you turn eighteen in life, you could find out exactly when you're going to meet the love of your life. Like you were going to meet your person, but you didn't have after you could tick yes or no, would you find out? Would you want to know when exactly like the year, the month you'd meet your person?
Speaker 2: No, because then you would meet some random dude and you'd be like, well, I guess you're my person because that thing when I turned eighteen told me, and you settled like one day too early, and then you ended up marrying fucking Fred.
Speaker 1: You're like, shit, it's fuck it, this is.
Speaker 3: All it is.
Speaker 2: And really you were supposed to marry David, but he was coming two days later, I don't know, or like an hour later.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't want to know. I also want the lessons.
Speaker 2: I think, like, as much as the heartbreak sucks, and as much as all of the things I've been through my twenties, at the time, I would have been like, would love to have skipped this, they were.
Speaker 3: All necessary learnings. As annoying as that sounds, that's.
Speaker 1: So funny because I was like, Oh, I'm going to ask the girls this, but I know what Laura's gonna say. She's a control freak. She'll be like, fuck yeah, give me a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm never you only think I'm a control freak because I like to put out a good product when it comes to the podcast, But in every other aspect of life, I am not a control forreak.
Speaker 1: No, I just I genuinely just thought if you you when your person was coming, that you'd pick it. And it's personality dependent.
Speaker 4: Like I've often said that, I don't think everyone has to have dated shit people to appreciate good, but I think Laura and I is I'm like, fuck me up.
Speaker 3: It's the only way I learned.
Speaker 4: I think that was the only way that I realized what a healthy relation that was.
Speaker 1: Fuck me in, fuck me up, I.
Speaker 2: Literally do some damage. I'm ready, I need therapy. That was my twenties. That was my whole twenties. I was like, how much can you hurt me before I learn the lessons?
Speaker 1: Here we are? I wasn't that deep.
Speaker 4: I mean a part of me wishes I didn't have to go through some of those experiences, but maybe I don't know. I am the type of person who kind of says like I think I had to so that I appreciated good because I really liked the people who let Laura says, fuck you up, like they give you the highs and the lows, and that taught me to appreciate a good relation totally.
Speaker 3: And obviously we can take this in a very serious way, like there's.
Speaker 1: It's hypothetical, guys, you can't tick a box.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but there's gonna be someone who's listening to that and is like we speak about so much around like the different kinds of relationships we talk about domestic violence. I'm not talking about that type of toxic relationship. I want to put the caveat there because I know that there would be someone who would hear that and be like, well, that doesn't make sense, Laura. I went through some very toxic relationships that I very much opted into that. I saw the red flags and I ran gleefully into those red flags and wrapped myself in them.
Speaker 1: Like, Laura, I do not want you to stop coming, and you're like, I'm taking.
Speaker 3: My clothes off.
Speaker 1: It's coming up.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 2: He was like, I will probably cheat on you. Hear all of the women that I've cheated on in the past. He's my ex wife who I cheated on ten times. And I was like, I'll be the exit change. I'll change him. Fuck me up, pretty fuck me up, Scotty Gotti, fucking whatever? Would you do?
Speaker 1: I know I would not. I said I would not. There's no way I would want to know because well, I mean for everything that you just said, But like, I think it changes your whole path. I don't think you would. You wouldn't be dating seriously. You wouldn't be wanting because you have to date seriously to learn what you want what you don't want. Ben was like, I said, would you want to know? He's like, fuck, yeah, And I was like, you'd want to know to the month And he's like yeah, And I was like why And he's like, because then you could just fuck for ten years. He's like, you could just not. Well, he's like, if you know that they're not going to be your person, I think it would take a certain element of pressure away.
Speaker 4: Though. You know, if you knew that it was going to happen at a certain time, you'd be like, oh, that's okay, I don't need to worry about like what I'm experiencing. Like if you're an anxious person, it would take away of an element of anxiety.
Speaker 2: It might do that, but it also would create Because the people that we are are based on the experiences we have, right, they're based on the decisions that we've made throughout our life that have gotten us to point X or point y or wherever you are in your life. If you could bypass that and you could treat people in a disposable way, knowing that something else was coming along in the future with absolute certainty and clarity, that would create a really fucking horrible person. I mean, that would create a person who hasn't had the responsibility of treating people kind.
Speaker 3: So I just think, as much as it's.
Speaker 2: Great hypothetical, I would say we would have a world of really, really horrible people who actually weren't very good in relationships because they had not had the practice.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the second part of that question, if you could find out now, you could go forward ten years and see if you're still with your partner. So if you're still with Matt, you're still with Toddloan, I'm still with ban Would you want to find out or not? You don't get to see why you're not or why you know if you're not, it just says you're not. You don't know what happens in the interim.
Speaker 4: I would, because I'm in reproductive years I would because I'm in a time of my life that if I was to look into a crystal ball and see ten years down the future, like my current understanding is that I do want children. If I could look ten years in the future and it not be with him, I'd rather know now because then I can make choices that are based off of you know, a very real biological clock.
Speaker 1: You could still have kids and then have a great life for a decade and then split up.
Speaker 4: True, I guess it doesn't tell you when that ten years you break up, which does make it a little bit more complex.
Speaker 1: But if I was to find out that it was, you know, not going to be with.
Speaker 4: Him, I would probably look for someone that I could create that family unit with.
Speaker 1: So it makes sense deep and you wouldn't want to know.
Speaker 2: Loran, No, I don't want to know, fuck me up, Scotty fucking up Manny, No, I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I like the not knowing of what's happening in life. I think it's important.
Speaker 2: I think it's like what makes things exciting, It's what makes things exhilarating. And also the knowing that I guess it's truefold when you're in a bad place, in life that things can get instantly better then when things change, and I know that that also then has the flip.
Speaker 3: But I prefer not knowing about everything. You like the surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't even know what my fiance looks like anymore or feels like, so that's always the fresh Every six months, I'm like, oh that's.
Speaker 3: What you look like. Oh you're tall, Brittany.
Speaker 2: The other day we were talking and Brittany said, I'm so desperate now.
Speaker 3: I just messaged Ben and told him to show me his penis.
Speaker 2: It's all I needed was just to see it on FaceTime flaccid.
Speaker 3: She's like, I didn't even and he was like, is this what you want? She was like, yeah, show me.
Speaker 1: Because the time. Okay, Ben just moved to Romania. We haven't spoken about it yet, and he's really upset. He goes, you haven't told everyone I've moved to Romania yet. So Ben's I'm.
Speaker 2: Really sorry, Ben, because I know that he listens to almost every episode. I'm really sorry that we've talked about your filacipenus before talking about Romania. You know, it's a massive transition, so people don't know obviously he's in Scotland for so long?
Speaker 3: What has happened? Why is he in Romania? Well, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Scoop past it. Not scoop past it, sorry, Ben. He moved to Romania, which is where Dracula is from. As a fun fact, dracular character not real, but the fiction where he's from is real, which is Transylvania in Romania. So he moved Romani. He's there for a couple of years, so he's been there one or two weeks. He played his first match last two nights ago, which I got up very early for. I'm very proud of him. It's a great move for him. So I'm going to Romania in a couple of weeks when we have our little break. We're having like a little one week break. But what I was saying is the time difference is different again, so we're trying to work out the time to princes now and we just haven't been able to match up. Ben. Moving countries has been wild, Like it's been such a big job because I only get three days notice to pack their entire life up, so we'd barely been speaking. So I'm prefacing that because I really want you to understand where I was in that moment and then we're in bed on FaceTime. He was laying down on the lounge like he just had a big day and I was like, babe, He's like, yeah, this is not a sexy chat. He was just watching TV. I was like, show me.
Speaker 3: He was like what.
Speaker 1: I was like, just show me, just give me a little look. He's like what. I was like, you need it here. I was like, he's like, babe, it's we're not It's not even like that. It's like and I was like, just show me. I was like, I just need a little it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of peel the sweaty thing off the fall sack and be like here it is.
Speaker 1: I was like, I said, I don't want to sexy. He's like, just need I just need to see something like what. We just like flapped it out for a second and I was like that was it. That's all I needed topped up And it was mean topped up.
Speaker 3: I feel like desperate times, cold, desperate measure. It's bad over here, babe.
Speaker 1: I'm at a real low point. Did you skip over Why Ben moved? Why did he move to?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Ben? So? I was going to the import point. Ben moved He was bought by a football team. So he plays for a football team there now, which is awesome. So he signed a contract for a couple of years. I didn't see Romania in my Bingo card, but but that's where we live now, so he wean. I am Dracula.
Speaker 3: I live in Romania.
Speaker 2: So Ben used to play for Celtics, for anyone who's not familiar, and he's been brought out of his Celtics contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with a Romanian football team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, called rap Niche rapid Fast. They're really fast. Yeah, so he plays for Rapid Romania, plays really fast team. Now they play at ten pm at night because it's forty degrees there. It's literally too hot for them to play. So he's gone through. He has spent fifteen years in the UK where it just rains and he's freezing and he's not coping. He's like melting. He's like, it's so odd.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting because I would have thought that Dracula lived in a cold place, not a hot place.
Speaker 3: Well, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna you know, I know he's not real, but if I was going to unpack Dracula, the climate around him.
Speaker 1: Dracula, I think he drives in a colder environment, but it does get really cold in the winter there where he's what does he do in summer? I think he doesn't go out at night. Dracula is a night animal. Isn't that the whole point? I'm not.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a mosquito, isn't he's mosquito.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough about Dracula.
Speaker 3: He's about my bat. I don't know how you guys don't know about Dracula. Where the fuck did you grow up?
Speaker 1: How many people Dragon have checked out so far? It's been unhinged.
Speaker 4: Are you excited to go to Romania? I first, like, have you ever been to Romania before?
Speaker 1: No? Are you excited to go? Correct? What are you gonna do when you get there? We're going to We've got a really short time, but he gets his days free because they play so late at night, Like they don't even train until they start their day at four pm because it is physically too hot. So we've only got maybe eight days. Romania is crazily beautiful from what I have seen, so I didn't know anything about it was never on the top of my tourist list, but I did some googling. When he's like, Hey, I think I'm going to move to Romania in two days. I was like, Google, Google, Google, it looks incredible. So I think I'm just going to be real tourists. Ben hasn't seen much since he's been there because it's too crazy, like he's just trying to focus on being a good footballer.
Speaker 3: When it's going to be the first time that you go, I think in a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in about four or five weeks. I think. Haven't booked flight jet. I'll book in a couple of days. But yeah, that's me, guys.
Speaker 2: Well, something I wanted to talk to you about that's happened recently in my life, you guys know. And the reason why I wanted to bring this up is because it came off the back of the recommendation that so many of you has sent us. So last week I was talking about Neil, about my stepdad who passed away.
Speaker 3: But one of the big, big parts of that, and something that.
Speaker 2: I had found really hard, was talking to the kids about death right because we've done it now a couple of times, but they haven't fully understood it. And then even though we have had to have that conversation, because you know, I've lost my grandfather and my nana, having it around Neil, which is their grandfather, felt way more serious, like it felt like something that was going to be like a It was a big conversation for me to work myself up to, so I was talking about it on last Tuesday's episode. So many people recommended this book called The Invisible String, produced Akisha went and bought the book and I read it and I actually prepped myself up for reading it to the girls.
Speaker 3: Is it so beautiful?
Speaker 1: So? Is it a book on guidance for like an adult to tell a child or something that a child reads to help them understand.
Speaker 2: No, And I wasn't sure what to expect either, because it came to I'm talking like hundreds of people recommended this book The Invisible String, and I thought it must have just been about death, right, That's what I thought it would have been, if that's where the recommendation was coming from. But basically, what it describes is that we're all connected. The people that you love are always connected by an invisible string of love. So when Mum goes to work, even though you can't see me, we're still connected by the invisible string. So it's actually not about death at all. It's only one page that even mentions death, but it says, you know, oh, and so you know what about Uncle Harry or whoever the uncle is in the book and he talks about him being in heaven and how we're still connected by the invisible string of love even though you can't see them anymore. It was really beautiful. So you read it to them, You read it to them. It's a story book, it's kid's book.
Speaker 1: And so do you read it to them and then, sorry, I'm so curious. Do you read it to them for like a little while so it becomes a book, and then you tell them about someone that's passed so that they can make the connection.
Speaker 2: So I picked the girls up from school that afternoon after we'd finished the podcast, and that was the day that I was going to talk to them.
Speaker 3: So it was last Monday. I picked the girls up.
Speaker 2: And I sometimes find that, like having serious conversations with them in the car works really well, because they're a captured audience. They're in their seats, well, audience, you can.
Speaker 3: Tell you're a performer. No, they can't leave.
Speaker 1: I walk the audience in there.
Speaker 2: No, because little kids are so easily distracted. And like sometimes when I try and have serious conversations with them. Lola will just walk away go pick up a block, and I'm like, this is not going well. So she's in her seat. Molly was in her seat, but I wasn't driving. I was just like in the car and that way. I could you give them a hug if they needed it? And I told them. I was like, guys, you know how we've been talking a lot about Far and how Far is really sick. And Marley said, dif I die.
Speaker 3: So she got it.
Speaker 2: She got upset straight away, and then we had a cuddle and we talked about it a little bit more and then she kind of was like, that's very sad, and then she just moved on to the next thing. So for her, it's been like lots of little conversations. But Lola, who's three, doesn't quite understand. So we had the conversation and she goes, yeah, Far's in the hospital and I was like, no, he's not in the hospital anymore.
Speaker 3: And she goes, oh, is he in India? And I was like.
Speaker 2: What, maybe you just went because I just went to India and I was like, no, sweet, it could be though, Laura.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's not in India. And then she goes, right, so he's in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, off every city that she knows.
Speaker 2: She's rattled off everywhere that I've been to for a work trip and I was like no, and she goes, gotcha, So he's in Heaven.
Speaker 3: Then that's in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: And I was like, sweetheart, So right now, far is in Melbourne according to Lola, and according to Marla, he's in Heaven. So she's the process thinks in their own unique little ways.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like Lola almost has it right, like Heaven but over Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I think the problem is is that Lola thinks that people come back from it, because like I came back from Melbourne. I came back from India, Whereas like she just thinks that he's just gone somewhere and he'll come back and then and she'll see him again.
Speaker 1: Like heaven's a place like Melbourne. Yeah, like him.
Speaker 2: She can't comprehend the fact that it's like something that's intangible, Like what do you do because.
Speaker 1: She's only three, it's so young, But do you explain he's not coming back from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone to that extent. I think she'll start to figure it out and then she'll ask more questions. I think, I don't think. And this is from my experience. Now, it's not a one off conversation. It's a conversation that's made up of many small conversations to kind of get them to a place of understanding. So we've now talked about it lots. Lauras still doesn't understand, but Marley absolutely does.
Speaker 1: You'll probably find that out of nowhere in a couple of months or something. She'll pop up with something, you know, like something will come to her mind, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like these micro conversations that you have.
Speaker 2: But it's so hard to have it because I didn't want to and I did, of course I got upset, but I didn't want to get super upset, because then I was like, well, are they going to be more traumatized by me crying rather than their lack of comprehension around something that's quite a big thing to grass. But we had the funeral on Friday this week, and we're going to bring them to the funeral with us, which I am still unsure whether that's the right decision or not, being that they're so little. But I just remember when my great grandma passed away when I was young and being told I couldn't come, and how that I felt really like, I like I wanted to be there, If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think right now. Where I heard this. I heard this exact thing on the weekend. Actually, I think it was a It was a podcast. It was a true crime podcast. The man in it said, when he was a child, one of his school friends unfortunately passed away, and his parents didn't let him go to the funeral because they thought it will traumatize you. And he is said as an adult, he remembers being not allowed to go allowed to go, and that that was more traumatizing. I thought that that's a weird thing that I've just heard that on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how I felt about my great grandmother's funeral. And we were very very close, and I must have only been the same age as Maley. But I still remember not being allowed to go because collectively I remember all the adults being sad and mourning, and I remember this big thing happened, and I knew that I wasn't going to see her again, But then I felt like I was excluded from.
Speaker 3: Their feelings about it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just remember that and I was like, Okay, that had an impact on me, So I'll bring the kids and then maybe that will fuck them up in another way.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like we're all doing our best here as parents, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Also, what you just said about how you weren't sure how you wanted them to see you grieving, maybe that's a factor that your mum she expected that she wasn't going to be able to control her emotions in that time, and so that maybe that's why.
Speaker 1: She didn't bring you along to the funeral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, And maybe it's because we are this self help generation. I don't know if it's a bad thing that kids see their parents get upset, like so long as it's not that you're going to your children for comfort to make you feel better. But I think it's okay that kids understand that parents have complex feelings as well.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the reason. I think it depends on why you're upset, because I yeah, I think that makes a big difference. But in terms of the funeral and if you should take them or not, I think that also depends on what kind of a funeral, like is it an open casket, is it just more of a goodbye? I think the open casket, it's yeah. But for example, I think that's where you'd be like, that is not a memory they should probably have or something they should see. But I think the idea of everyone that you know, like as a five year old, like all these important people to you, saying goodbye to someone that was important to them, and it's a ceremony of love and you know, in a way happiness celebrating someone's life. Maybe that isn't the worst thing. And I'm not a child psychologist, I don't know, but maybe it's not a bad thing for them to have some closure and understand that this is us saying goodbye. You know, he's not coming back. And I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, once again, I know, I've got five days to find out.
Speaker 2: The last time I was like child psychologists, there were so many of them that slimed to the DMS around how to speak to kids. And I'm so appreciated, like genuinely everyone who recommended the book or recommended how they've had these conversations with their kids. I'm so grateful, but yeah, I don't know if there is a perfect way to do this stuff. It's been a big parental learning curve this last week. We are talking about the thing that everybody is talking about at the moment, the thing that if you open Instagram and you go to explore page, you open a real you cannot escape it.
Speaker 3: Because she's gone from.
Speaker 2: Being an Olympic failure to being a social media phenomenon, and that is Rachel Gun Raygun ray Gun. She's a breaker, doctor Reagan, and not only Raygun, doctor Reygun. Okay, even even she is such a phenomenon that Adele just stopped her concert in the middle, in the middle to talk about it, to mention her by name. I'm sorry, I would do anything to have Adele's stop a concert and say my name.
Speaker 3: Even if it was kind of to the kangaroo, I'd do it.
Speaker 2: It was like, so Adele stopped her concert to like one on one hand, be like, hey, this happened. This poor woman's getting so much trolling, but also go and watch it and laugh, so.
Speaker 3: She really haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like the best thing that's ever been at the Olympics. Like, I love it. I'm so obsessed with it's amazing. And then the backhand of that was like, also, if you haven't seen it, go google it long.
Speaker 2: So to set this up in case you are the one person in Australia who hasn't seen this yet, don't worry. We're not going to victimize you. It's okay, you can join the group. We can all giggle about this together.
Speaker 3: Raygun.
Speaker 2: She's an Australian woman. She's a PhD, a graduate, so doctor Raygun. But she also recently went to the Olympics. She competed in the breaking, which is the very first time the Olympics has ever had breaking as an Olympic sport this year in Paris.
Speaker 1: And the next Olympics have already canceled it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: It was one wonder but the thing is, and I mean, there's been so much debate as to whether it was satirical, whether she intended to perform like this, whether it was a statement around the culture of breaking. But ultimately the dance that she performed scored her zero. She came absolutely dead last. And the media sort of frenzy around this now has been because some people are saying that it's an embarrassment that she even made it to the Olympics. But at the same time there's been almost this tide shift where now people are calling her the Queen of Australia for just getting out there and giving it a red hot crack. The three of us have all very different views on this because I think it begs to question now whether she is at the bottom of a pylon, whether this is bullying, whether this is trolling, or whether this is the response one should expect for doing such a terrible performance at the absolute elite, the top of the food chain when it comes to sport, and that is the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Add a little bit of like context as to who she is and what she thought of her own performance. Earlier in the day, she was interview and she was quoted saying, don't be afraid to be different, go out there and represent yourself.
Speaker 1: You never know what's going to take you. All of my moves are original.
Speaker 4: I was never going to beat these girls on what they do best, the dynamic and the power moves. So I wanted to move differently, be artistic and creative, because how many chances do you get in a lifetime to do that on an international stage.
Speaker 1: See, she went through three rounds and she got zero points. Like so she didn't even get one point in the three rounds from like five judges EVO. So overall in the breaking community, they have said that the performance wasn't enough to scratch, which is what matters. They're at the Olympics, in your chosen sport. You have the judges that are supposed to be experts in their chosen sport. They've decided to give you zero. That's not disputable for me. Like, I don't know breaking, and I watched it, and I was like, that is not a great performance. It is not a great performance for breaking.
Speaker 2: The thing is, though, is like you don't have to be an expert on breaking to watch it and think that it was an objectively bad performance, which is a horrible thing to say. I know, and I know that that's really mean, and we will get in the conversation around the pylon and the trolling and everything else. But I think the reason why this has happened is because people who have no literacy in breaking whatsoever all watched that and everyone kind of chuckled because I were like, well, I don't think that this was meant to be entertaining for the reasons that it was entertaining.
Speaker 1: Well, the end of my statement was I love her. I love her for that. The performance I can recognize was not up to Olympic quality, but I think she was fucking awesome And I take my hat off to her as a thirty six year old woman that is in a breaking community that isn't probably a huge community anyway, and doesn't have a lot of women that went out there and owned her own creativity. For whatever reason, she knew she wasn't going to compare to the others. She said that she was like, I'm thirty six. I don't have the strength and the agility and the stamina or whatever it was. She's like, I don't have the power moves that the younger people have. So she's like, I know that, so what can I do? That is a point of difference. So she said there were all original moves which I think were evident poofs that were creative, and she called it her art, and I think I take my hat off to her. I was like, you took an opportunity and you absolutely ran with it. But I don't like personally how many people are trolling her and that's because this isn't just This isn't just like an Australian thing the entire world, and that is not an exaggeration. She is currently the most talked about person or thing in the world, and some of it's good and supportive, but most of it is really shitty. And I always just try and think, put yourself in that person's position.
Speaker 4: I have flipped around on my perspective on this performance and.
Speaker 1: Slipped around on your back. That's what we saw. I did do the v shits.
Speaker 4: I initially thought over archingly, and I am someone who.
Speaker 1: Deeply loves sport. I love going and watching it.
Speaker 4: I love the kind of the determination that it takes for athletes to become what they are. I initially thought sport is designed to be entertainment, and this is one of the most entertaining things I have and I don't think that there's anyone who could say any different. You know, the virility of this performance is there for a reason. It was very entertaining for whatever emotion that invoked in you. But the counter argument to I mean, I guess the criticism of her and her performance, and maybe criticism rather than trolling. Here are a couple of things. She was selected to represent our country. She used taxpayer money to fund the trip, and that includes her partner as well, so like all of that is paid for by the taxpayer.
Speaker 1: So that sounds but that sounds the way that you would That sounds super negative. Every athlete went is taxpayer like. You can't just say that she went and used it like she was trying to scam the citizens of the good citizenship.
Speaker 2: Yah, it is like the real scare mongering of people who are like the purity of the Olympics.
Speaker 3: She used taxpayer money to go and do the sprinkler.
Speaker 1: If she won gold, we would have been like, yeah, we got her there, we paid yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And also they would get a payment if they want a medal. But there aren't participation awards when you go to the Olympics, Like this isn't your year five Athletics carnival where you get a participation clap and the rhetoric of well, she did our best. I personally don't think she did her best is suited to a competition of this particular level.
Speaker 1: I disagree.
Speaker 4: I mean, she did get up there and choose to do moves like the kangaroo and the Sprinkler iconic and she contributed to I mean, we may get into this.
Speaker 1: There is a lot of criticism about whether breaking should be included as an Olympic sport.
Speaker 4: To begin with, and in my opinion, you can't say that you're going to push back on that criticism of the legitimacy of a particular.
Speaker 1: Sport and then get up and do a sprinkler. Hear me out. Every single person that goes to the Olympics cannot win, they cannot place, they cannot all make it. Someone won't get through the qualifying rounds. What you have to do is be the best in your country to go. Whether you want to argue the point truth and nail and say she wasn't good enough to go, she was for us and our country.
Speaker 2: We could just say a lot about the female breaking community in Australia if she was the number one, which fine iconic. As much as I am having a dig I'm also saying like, if that is the competition, if she is number one in our country, she has every right to be there and to compete. It just means that it is a sport that we are not good enough in in comparison to the rest of the world. We are not where we need to be to be able to be at an Olympic level.
Speaker 1: Yes, now listen to this. This is my counter argument to what Keisha descerned, where she's like, should you be getting a participation award when you go there? I did some googling. What is the spirit of the Olympics?
Speaker 3: Quote?
Speaker 1: The Olympic spirit is best expressed in the Olympic creed. The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not to triumph, but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered, but to have fought. Well, I'm sorry, Raygun fought till the end. Yes, I okay, she fought and she tried her best, and I take my hat off to I think if she got the chance to go to the Olympics, if she was the best, she knew she wasn't gonna win. She was like, yeah, I want, I'm patriotic, I want to put the green and gold on.
Speaker 3: I want to represent I. Look, I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 2: I think that maybe that's an oversimplification of what the Olympics stands for.
Speaker 3: For the athletes themselves.
Speaker 2: I would say that the people who have gone there, this is like their lives, like this is their absolute passion, this is what has and you.
Speaker 1: Know again regn's life.
Speaker 3: This can be said for Reagun.
Speaker 2: I mean, her PhD is in breaking, like she has obviously dedicated a very big part of her life to breaking. But I think the reason why some people are getting so angry not even angry, it's so stupid. Why are we all having so angry about break dancing when like three weeks ago, no one gave a fuck about breaking, you know what I mean, majority of Australians didn't. The people who did obviously cared. But the outraged community isn't the breaking community. It's everyone else who thinks it's such an injustice that we were embarrassed.
Speaker 3: At the Olympics.
Speaker 2: And that to me is funny, Like I think, if you're that mad about it, but you didn't care about breaking three weeks ago, you need to go and touch grass. The thing that I find the funniest about this is that there were amazing breakers in this competition. So Amy Yuasa, she's from Japan, she won. The woman who came second was from Lithuania. They were incredible, but their performances have been completely outshone by the person who came last.
Speaker 3: Well, this is so disappointing for them.
Speaker 1: But this is where it gets interesting and the conversation gets a little bit deeper and a little bit more serious. It's not that if the Australian breaking community isn't a leite or isn't big. There are plenty of people that are wonderful and incredibly talented breakers in Australia. But it goes into a deeper cultural level. A lot of the breaking community didn't want breaking to be an Olympic sport.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, interesting you say that, because last night I did a very big deep dive as you mentioned. Laura rachel Gunn Raygun is an academic. She teaches at the Maccuora University and she has published articles on this And I just want to try and make this distinction clear. When you publish a scientific article, like a peer reviewed article or a paper, those terms are kind of using interchangeably. That doesn't just mean that you write something and that you send it to an editor and it gets posted.
Speaker 1: It's not like news dot com, it's not like daily mail.
Speaker 4: These things go through other academics, they are reviewed, and they are you know, it's actually quite expensive to do this type of research. And personally, I felt as though I took a really different turn once I learned this information. I initially was like, this is so entertaining, This is so great. She got the whole world talking about this sport. Genius, this is her area of research. Incredible, She's literally done something that has achieved the purpose of getting this sport out to the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and saying that I don't know if people from the breaking community would love that. The reason why it's on a stage and a world platform something've spoken about is because people are laughing at it.
Speaker 4: This is where things got much more interesting to me. So two particular papers that one was published in June twenty twenty three that was called the Australian Breaking and the Olympic Games, The Possibilities and Politics of Sportification. There is another paper that she is the main author of called the Ethics of Living a Double Life, Rethinking ownership, authenticity and identity in Hip hop culture. Now she's the main author of both of those papers. So other people have contributed, but she's the main person who's put that research together. That paper specifically says, in this article we examine how Australian breakers have responded to and made sense of breaking becoming an Olympic sport. We have identified three key themes that underscore these responses. They are legitimacy, culture and agency. And the two that I'd like to focus on are legitimacy and culture. So the culture of breaking originated in the Bronx. It was predominantly by people of colour, of African American descent or Puerto Rican kids. It was bi marginalized groups to foster a sense of community and so a lot of the breaking community this underground world that's where breaking started and it was kind of a place for them to have a way to express themselves, to resolve conflict. That kind of thing they have expressed in her own research that they.
Speaker 1: Don't think that it becoming an Olympic.
Speaker 4: Sport gives respect to the cultural significance of the dance style.
Speaker 3: Well because it also commercializes it.
Speaker 2: That was the big debate around this was that by becoming an Olympic sport, it takes away the cultural essence of what of the expression and how it originated.
Speaker 1: It sanitizes it.
Speaker 4: Right if you attach a commercial element to it, you kind of take away the point of why this was created to begin with. Another thing that she said in the second paper that I mentioned was ethics of who can access and transverse hip hop's hierarchies of authority, and my opinion of that research was that she felt as though she was excluded from the higher respect levels of the breaking community, specifically because she was white, she was Australian, and she was female.
Speaker 1: I find that interesting because I have some friends that are huge in the breaking community.
Speaker 3: It's like so random to me, Britt, Like.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people. So he was a friend at school, bit older than me, so I'm talking a long time, twenty years ago. He's been doing this. He's Australian and then he got married and had kids. He's a bit older than me now and the kids are huge in the breaking community. They traveled to competitions and they are one's a girl, one's a boy, and they are half Australian, half Hawaiian. But they have been wholeheartedly accepted and embraced by the breaking community of all ethnicities, like all around the world. So I find that I do find that an interesting point.
Speaker 4: Just of like what I have seen. Yeah, and that is my perspective of her research. She also did include the contrast of these perspectives as well, so she included the fact that a lot of the people in the breaking community were excited about it becoming a part of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: But I just don't know if you can.
Speaker 4: Be the most researched person on the planet in this field, examine people's concerns over the legitimacy and the cultural aspect of breaking, and then take those concerns and get out there do the sprinkler and the kangaroo. To me, it just isn't congruent. It doesn't seem to make sense to me that you would be respecting those people's criticisms, doing research on it, publishing the research, and.
Speaker 1: Then going out and doing that type of performance. I get that, but that's my point. She is so aware of it, so this would have been a very considered decision, and there are just as many people in the breaking community that wanted this to be included for the right reasons and for awareness as there were people that didn't want it to be included in terms of the culture. I completely agree, but I think what we saw her try to do is bring her culture into it. In a way, I think that's her trying to show the respect to like I get that this dance is layered with culture and history, and I'm thinking that she was making a really conscious effort to be patriotic and bring her culture into that. We have to take into consideration that this woman has dedicated her life to the study, so has to have made a decision based on that. Whether it was the right one or not is not for us to judge, but it's different to someone that just came off the street to do it. Like you have to consider the fact that she has dedicated years upon years of studying nothing but the breaking community.
Speaker 2: As much as there's been so many memes because we love to MEMI five things in Australia that have come off the back of this, there has been a much more serious conversation that's come to light in the last couple of days.
Speaker 3: And I also think it's the.
Speaker 2: Reason why the feelings around ray Gun have shifted, especially in Australian media. Australia's Chef de mission in Paris, her name is Adam Mears. She came out and gave a statement around the backlash that Raygun was receiving. And this really had to do with the sexism and misogyny that she sees is loaded into the criticism that Raygun is receiving.
Speaker 3: This is what she had to say.
Speaker 5: If you don't know Rachel's story in two thousand and eight, she was locked in a room crying being involved in a maldominated sport as the only woman, and it took great courage for her to continue on and fight for her opportunity to participate in a sport that she loved and that got her to winning the Olympic qualifying event to be here in Paris. She is the best breakdancer female that we have for Australia.
Speaker 2: She also went on to say, now you look at the history of what we have had as women athletes and what we have faced in terms of criticism, belittlement, judgment and simple comments like they shouldn't be here. I've really thought about this because I was like, I don't know how I feel about this statement, only because I would understand if the overall caliber of the female competitors was the same as Reagun and people were saying, Okay, well this is embarrassing, but I think it almost belittles the entire competition because there were incredible female breakers in that who were not limited by their ability or access to the sports. Maybe the culture within Australia is very different and it has been limiting for Reagun.
Speaker 3: I'm not a breaker.
Speaker 4: I do not know what it is like to be a female in that sport in this country. The only thing about this kind of was like, I don't know if I agree with it, and then it kind of sits a bit weird for me. Is this idea that feels a little bit like false victimhood. And there's been a lot of media outlets that have been comparing Raygun to Eric the Eel. Now, you guys might remember Eric the Eel who is iconic. So at the two thousand Olympics in Sydney, Eric the Eel swam the one hundred meter race.
Speaker 3: He set a time.
Speaker 2: It was a one hundred meters, but he set the slowest time on record, which was one minute and fifty two seconds. But the reason why this is iconic is because he also won his heat in that race. So the reason why I think this is very very different is because this was a special heat that was put together for athletes who were unable to access training facilities because of being impoverished or disadvantaged. So he came from the Equatorial Guinea. He had never seen a fifty meter pool prior to rocking up at the Olympics. He had trained only in the one only twins to meet a pool that existed in the country and learned. He learned to swim in a creek that also had crocodiles in it.
Speaker 3: So I don't think it's to make his quick.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable that he even had the capacity to learn to swim, let alone. The rags to Riches's story about how he made it to the Olympics, it was and I remember watching the race. Every single person in the Aquatic Center and the Homebush Olympics was screaming. They were up cheering for him. The other two people in his race were disqualified, and that's because they both did a false start. And the other two people that were in that race were Cariimba from Nigeria and fukud Oripov who's from Tajikistan. So it was a completely different race. And that's why when I was seeing these comparisons being drawn, I was like, I think that's a really tough thing that we are doing because I don't think that she is a victim. I don't think that Regan is oppressed. I don't think that she has come from a minority beyond, yes, maybe being the small female population. But I don't think that we can draw the same parallels because one person is and has been far more severely disadvantaged, and that's why the world got behind them. I don't think it was because of sex, and that's really important. I don't think it's because one's female one's male. On the other side of that, I agree that women have had at heart in sport.
Speaker 1: We know that, like that is a fact. We have struggled and we don't get paid the same and we are ridiculed, and that is the history of women in sport. I made a comparison also to Eric the Eel, but I did in a different way. I'm not doing it in the sense of and I said it to you two. I didn't do it in the sense of victimhood, look where they've come from. I did it in the sense of I think Keisha maybe made the comment where she said she shouldn't be there, she's not good enough, and I said, well, she is good enough because she was the best in her country. Like Eric the Eel. We all know Eric the Eel was never going to go and win that race, like win the Olympics. Yeah, but you cannot deny the fact that he was the best in his country. And that's what the Olympics are. If you can compete to be the best in your country, you don't have to be the best in the world. This is what the Olympics is weeding out. But if you make the best in your country, for whatever reason, I think you should be allowed to go and have your chance. Raygun did not hurt a soul. She went out there and had the fucking time of her life. It is a dream for her. She wore the green and gold, she was patriotic, She's dedicated her life to this. She was like, why wouldn't I take the chance to present my country? And for that I just think well done.
Speaker 4: I think that's a very interesting point you said, because one of the other criticisms that people on the internet are having is that she's taken this opportunity away from someone else, right, so someone else might have had a dream of going and representing Australia in the breaking for the first time it's ever been included in the Olympics, and she took that opportunity from them.
Speaker 2: But she did it because she competed in a trial. I don't know where were they.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what I mean, Like, I think that that is not a fair criticism. But I am intrigued as to whether you think the amount of trolling, the type of trolling, and the type of commentary about it or even criticism, do you think that's gender.
Speaker 2: I think it is very, very, very challenging to put a number on it. I know that she's experienced criticism for lots of things, not just her performance, but also the choice that she made to wear the Australian tracksuit. I think Australia did her dirty, like she looked like she was wearing a lawn bowls outfit or she was going to play cricket. Like I understand why the outfit didn't fit the type of war that I think most people in the breaking community would normally wear.
Speaker 1: It didn't give cricket. It really exuded like T twenty.
Speaker 3: It really exuded cricket or lawn bowls.
Speaker 2: But the problem with that is is I also understand the patriotism of her still wanting to choose to wear it. So that is almost once again the Australian Olympic organizers not understanding the sport of which they've put athletes into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we had our male breaker, Jay Attack, who competed also who also wore the Olympic get up, like he chose to wear that because some of them were streetwear. But he also chose to wear it and no one trolled him, so I think different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't have a collar, it doesn't look as I'm gonna say, I'm so sorry. I know that this sounds horrible because I pointed out a lot of the criticisms.
Speaker 1: It looks really nerdy. It doesn't look streets like she's up there fashion.
Speaker 2: I totally understand that, but I think it is important because people are gonna draw this comparison. They're gonna say he didn't receive feedback she did. The thing that I think makes that outfit look daggier is the fact that it is a collared shirt, which really does pertain to sort of like a lawn bowls or like a cricket. Like we've said, his outfit, even though it's the Australian one, it's a different type of uniform. And I think the big question is what you ask Kesh is like does the trolling come back to being gendered? And it's almost too hard to tell. I think a lot of the love and now the adoration and she's the queen is also because it's gendered. And I think of people like Stephen Bradbury. At least he made it to the final, right, he was in the final race, so he was still one of the top ten in his sport. Yes he won when he was like coming last because everyone fell over, but that's been a meme that's been running for twenty years. So I'm like he received that criticism unrelenting. People still use it as a reference for like pipping someone to the end as a win, you know. So I don't know if we can bring gender into this, and I might get absolutely flamed for that because I think a lot of media at the moment is saying that this is very, very gendered. And I would say often I'm the person in this podcast that points out the gender discrimination or the gender indifference. But I think in this instance, we are comparing females with females, We are comparing women against women. It was a woman's competition in sport, and she was at the bottom against all the other incredible female athletes, And so I don't know if in that instance, in the Olympics as a whole, we can say that the criticism that she's receiving is gendered. I think it's based on a reflection of who she's competing against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is a role reversal Fee and I Laura, But I think a lot of it has to do with gender for sure, when we won't know, But I don't believe well makes you think that. I just don't believe that if a male did that, the reaction would be the same. I think it would be like what a fucking legend, like just fucking owned it, Like, you know, I like more Alarican culture. You mean, yeah, I do. I potentially think it has a lot to do with age, sex, Yeah, and very obviously her performance, like her performance was subpar, But I don't believe that ridicule in the pylon would have been as much if it was say a twenty year old male that did the performance. But I think it would be remiss of us to say it has nothing to do with agism and sexism in a smaller capacity. My favorite part of this, to be honest, is and I take my hat off to her, but it's her response because I can't be sure that I would have the same response if the world was ridiculing me and mocking me for something that I if I went out and thought I gave my best for something like I actually feel really sad for her if I thought I had performed to the best that I could and the world was mocking me the adeles of the world, like there is no one that does of the world. I know half it burns.
Speaker 4: Some of those moves were harther than I feel like I would.
Speaker 1: Go into hiding. But I I love that she just owned it and she said, guys, don't be afraid to be different. I'm me, I, you know, like I made it my own and that's what I'm doing. Like she just came out and owned it, and that kind cannot have been easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with this, and I think that that is the reason why the conversation around her has shifted so greatly. I think it's her ability to be self deprecating doing the skit with the inspired unemployed, like leaning into that. That is what I think Australians love to see. It's like, you can make fun of yourself.
Speaker 3: You're an icon.
Speaker 2: You're not taking this too seriously. You're an icon and everything that she's done so far. As much as I think people have very much and were very harsh in ridiculing her around her performance, people in general are now rallying around her. Like I've seen everyone from Mum and Mia to pedestrian to like fashion critical. Everyone is calling her an icon now and it's because of her reaction to this criticism, and I think that that is something that's probably way more aspirational than her actual performance themselves. But I would love to see because I think that like every wedding, every twenty first, there's gonna be someone now in the fucking like kangaroo hop No, the sprinklet Well, we're already doing that, but we're gonna do it with a bit of raygunflare.
Speaker 1: Now I might go as her for Halloween. He shot to be fair.
Speaker 4: I actually do tip my hat to her because I had no idea about the history. Like you said, Laura, I had no idea about any of this stuff. I didn't know about the cultural impacts of it.
Speaker 1: And now I do.
Speaker 4: If that's something that she has created for the world, well done.
Speaker 1: That is how you know you have made it. If somebody can dress up as you for Halloween and just rock up to a party and everyone knows who you are, then you've made it. Well it's time for accidentally unfiltered. Last night, my partner and I were getting it on, and for context, he always jokes that I don't like getting on top and I never do it so long and behold, I jumped on top. I was doing my thing when he raises his hand up or kid has.
Speaker 2: A question, Yeah, like open palm, excuse me, miss, I have a question.
Speaker 1: I think he's impressed with me going on top and having a good time. He's throwing out a high five, so I give him a high five back. He looks at me confused. Turns out he was going for a little titty slap and instead I five did him and completely ruined the mood.
Speaker 3: Who slaps a titty?
Speaker 1: Heaps of people give a little titty thing slash like.
Speaker 2: You don't hold You don't hold your hand up long enough to smack your titty, Like, how could you confuse a little like grab or something? I'm sorry, that's on him. I think she was enthusiastic. I think they were both too enthusiastic in this movie. If some guy, if I was on top and he went and high fived my tit like tit punched me with an open hand, I would also be confused.
Speaker 1: I'm confused about the angle me. The high five is a much higher like shoulder, and he's laying down and she's on top, so he would have gone like this, he's on his back, he would have lifted his hand. He's not bringing up in the air.
Speaker 4: I have never ever in my life been on top and had someone open palm slap my tit.
Speaker 1: I've needed someone to hold it support.
Speaker 3: So they couldtop bouncing around, smacking you in the face.
Speaker 1: You should knock someone out so they have to hold a booon.
Speaker 2: I remember the only time that I have like vivid memories of high fiving someone after sex was Matt and I'm convinced it was when I got pregnant. I high fived him after la because I was like just a good organic, like that's how you make a baby. No, we were trying to make a baby, and then we high fived, and I'm pretty certain that that was the time that we made.
Speaker 3: Lola, that's how you make a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah five ben Fish pumped like pumped them fist pumped over how good the sex was? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Over loll done when you did good?
Speaker 1: When you when you just nail it, like sometimes it's just like perfection.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt up to the city to surf. I high five mat after that, I was like, the job well done. Sucking sweet, what's gonna suck.
Speaker 5: For the roof?
Speaker 1: Mine suck for the week. And it is a big update that you've all been waiting for. Delilah is officially kicked out of her dog school. So it happened. The probation period is over and she did not make what happened? Wait, I need to know she doesn't know how to ride in the car. She doesn't ride in the car with other dogs very well. No, Yeah, she's a menace. That's literally. I did also see video evidence. It was not good. So she's out. She's out. It's really sad. It was I and Jody message. She was really sad. She's like, I feel like it's a breakup, and I was like, it is a breakup. I was like, you've we've all three of us have been together for like three years now.
Speaker 3: Dumb to me. Jody is britz walker dog walker, one of them.
Speaker 1: She doesn't take walks on the lead. Jody's Brits Walker. She puts the started caller on her next down the street. You were appreciate she's she's a britzkimp. No, she's been amazing And this is not on Jody at all. It's it's too much to obviously manage, and I have been trying to work on it. Now people might know this and be able to help me, but it has gotten worse. She's been with there for three years. Delilah's just turned three, so she's been with there for two or a bit years. Sorry, Delilah's just turned three, and it has gotten worse in the last six months. It's almost like Delilah's going into a regression.
Speaker 3: So Delilah's a teenager now she's Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd love to know if this isn't actual, because they do have a regression at like one one and a half, So I'm wondering if there's another one now because it's just it's just happening out of the blue. So that's my suck. I genuinely was upset, like I felt like a parent whose child was like running out of control and that she couldn't control it. That's how I felt. And I was embarrassed. I was like, I'm so sorry for her behavior.
Speaker 3: Humiliated.
Speaker 1: I was humiliated, chore because now Brn's like west Atta.
Speaker 3: She's so naughty. She got kicked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's it was a really sad day. So it's it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's been really hard for me. Okay, what's your suite.
Speaker 1: My sweet for the week was I decided on a wedding planner. So we've officially got the wedding planner in and they have locked in some venues for us to look at, and I just feel like immediately a weight taken off my shoulder. Laura and I were having a joke the other day because you guys might remember when Laura got her initial wedding planner and they were a scammer. She's scared, she was a scamed I've forgotten about this.
Speaker 2: I probably haven't told you guys. I can't even remember if I told you the whole story or not, because I think at the time it was no it was still happening.
Speaker 4: It was like I think they were still involved with actual plans and you wanted them to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell what was happening because I think she was still in business.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we booked a.
Speaker 1: Let's save it, we do it on Tuesday, let's come back to.
Speaker 3: Your wedding planner.
Speaker 2: And she ended up being a scam artist on multiple levels.
Speaker 1: That's a whole nother story.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about it next week. Okay, I can update you on that anyway.
Speaker 2: My suck for the week, to be honest, I almost want to say I don't have a suck this week because in comparison to the last couple of weeks, and like, we're still there's a lot at the moment that we're working through as a family. But I think so, look, I'm not going to say a suck because it feels really insignificant to all the big things that have been happening. But I have a sweep for the week, and that is that on Saturday, my mum hasn't really been up to Sydney in a long time because she's been caring for Neil and she's been down in Wollongong, And every time we've had to see Mom, we've had to travel down there and we've been spending heaps of time in Woongong. But Saturday Mom came up. She spent some time in Sydney. We went to the farmers' markets, were doing cute things with the kids. We've organized to go on a p and O cruise together, like we're doing stuff. We're doing stuff as a family and also like to keep Mum sort of like you know, busy and her mind off it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as much as possible.
Speaker 2: So that was a really we had a really nice day and then obviously we had the city to surf on the Sunday, which was just great. I just feel like it's been a really great little family weekend and family week. That was my highlights and I love that. Yeah, I feel like my cup is full. My cup is full.
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was like, that's all l my cup is full.
Speaker 1: Well that's it from us, guys. That was a nice finish for Laura. Thank you.
Speaker 3: You are so welcome my love. Guys.
Speaker 1: Please keep sending in your ask on cuts to our Instagram life One Cup podcast, You're accidently unfiltered, maybe your follow ups, anything you think that we need to see. We love to hear it. You'll always be anonymous.
Speaker 3: You can also jump on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You can watch all of the episodes and the ask guncut questions on YouTube and you know the to.
Speaker 1: You Mum, Tay, dadte dog te friends, and share the love because we love love
Speaker 2: M