Speaker 1: Just stood the black A couple of mitches. Delease yourself for the rude shocks of young adults. I don't want to pore everyone and show you my europe videos. It's a bit late for that. No, he is Mitch. Julie and Mitchell coups. Hollo you hallay, Mitchell, you're looking gorgeous in your merch. Already forgotten. He's already forgotten. What thirty four? Oh? Oh, two thirty four.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's trying to rhyme the episode number.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matza, store that it is. I hate this, by the way. This isn't merch. This is just the jumper. But isn't it merch for someone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, there's darling on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gave you the other one, remember having it? I have it. I have it. I wore you once during winter. Yes, and I spilt coffee on it all down the front. That's why I have a lot of black. You can't really tell. They're just day. Hey, you're gorgeous. Can anyone smell me? Stiff? Stiff your nostrils? Jenna, here's my ring. Yeah, prize keeper Jenna out there? Will she's close? They give them a sniff. Oh, I like it don't smell good, Mitchell and Jenna. I am now hard launching my autumnal. What season we in? Spring?
Speaker 4: Spring?
Speaker 1: I'm hard launching my spring scent. Oh is it new? Yeah? You want to smell me? I really like just a smell like me, because I feel I'm big on sense at the moment, and I want everyone to have a signature scent because yours is that blood and piss from Gaga. Right. No, No, that.
Speaker 2: One's very rare, so I don't use it. It'll be worth something.
Speaker 1: In a few years. And it's true with my arm. What does that remind me of? Give it back? Give it back, give back. This is going to bother me. I want to guess what it is. Is it some sort of mandarin scent. It's a marcher. It's marcher by Le Larbo. It's a marcher.
Speaker 2: It smells like a vape I've had once upon a time. Just figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well lay labo or in spell by the sense of the world. They went, let's do it, mape. No, I just launched. I like love a good fragrance, and because it was so cold, I was wearing a cold one. And then I'm like, you know what, I've got to shake things up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I have the same approach to candles. I would never burn like a vanilla or something in hot weather because I'm like, no, that's for winter when you're applying layers of comfort.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's so important for the brain. And actually, like if you wear a soft fragrance in spring, it feels floral, feels warm. It just florals for a spring groundbreaking. Yeah, exactly, that vibe and this I did.
Speaker 2: Put on my This is the other good thing about moving house. I found all my other fragrances that I just kind of forgot. Would tuck awaya draw somewhere, like what the mark Jacob's Daisy. I was like, Daisy Spring perf perfect, Daisy's n I pop that on today.
Speaker 1: Nice. Do you do you remember that perfumes your mum's wear or war? I remember my mom? My mom still wears like blue by someone.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, I know about one somewhere.
Speaker 2: Question how often she wears it, because she wears whatever we give her for Mother's Day, But she would still go on the same bottle from like almost ten years ago. And then she specifically wanted the Delta goodrom perfume so I got he that and she's still.
Speaker 1: Going on that too. She's using fucking years ago. She's using Delta by Delta. Yeah, the og really it's good.
Speaker 4: What do you wear, Jenna usually Centau?
Speaker 1: Oh you're a Santel thirty three. I don't know any of these so far. So there's this thing. This is not paid. I'm not making any money from this. But at Mecca, you can go there at the moment and they like it's like a bar, and you walk in and you sit down and you say, this is what I want to smell like. You'd say, Hi, I'm Mitchell Kums. I love a pub feed and gravy and shits, all the tones and the notes that I want to hit. And some sense specialist will walk around and show you the sounds perfect for you put them on your wrist. But I don't know what I want to smell like. Wells that important to me? No, but it should be. If I said to you, Mitchell, what what smells do you love? It's really hard to answer because it depends on the day. Okay, we'll say, for example, you're going too a comedy gig and you're performing on stage, you want to smell like Mitchell kombs the celebrity. It's the superstar. So our brains work so differently.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, yeah, but I feel like it makes you feel yeah a different way.
Speaker 1: Scent for some people is really powerful. For others it means nothing. But for me, it makes it can make me feel sexy. You can make me feel powerful, strong, switched on. Okay, Katie Perry that it's a woman's world. I've always said that, and you're lucky. Well, sure you like flowers, don't you like flowers? Not exclusively? You lie? You lie like a mattress. You like you could get like a like a fruity fragrance. I just think, Mitchell, once you start the world of fragrances, you enter like Jeda. Jenna's involved now yeah she's no, I get it. Yeah yeah, if you know, you know, I seriously have so many unfinished bottles I'm not getting anymore. I would have so much fun taking you and finding you a perfect scent. You'll feel like a whole new person. I think it's not why I bring it up. There's not an indivention at all. Imagine if that.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate the thought, and I'm happy for you because you're enjoying yourself. But that's not my idea of fun. I've got enough shit going on. I don't have time to worry about my scent. A lot of different per that'll work.
Speaker 1: You're a body spray girl, too, aren't you. Oh please? You would have had the what's it called them? Impulse? Impulse? Yes, you would had impulse growing up? No, really a feeling. Now is a good time to remind you that I'm actually not a girl. You're kidding? All right? Well, welcome to This is just me, hi everyone. Every week we start the same way we miss gender Mitchell, and it's been the part we just confuse the audience. My favorite thing is when people comment on our TikTok I'm with the girl, and I'm like, who are they talking about? People are so small minded, don't they.
Speaker 2: No. My favorite part is when they wholeheartedly believe that I am a woman and they just go, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, she needs to shave her mo too much facial hair for a girl. And I'm like, well, wait, actually you're telling me that people just think you are yeah, and they go look at the bed on her.
Speaker 2: They're not joking, Oh no, that's what they sincerely believe is going on.
Speaker 1: No, that's awful. People are stupid. No, we start the show every week with it is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mind, I do not know Mitch's at all. Yep, we're going in blind.
Speaker 2: Also, our fourth wheel roving reporter Oscar is going to join us, bringing back hobby Hunt. This is dipping our toe into singing lessons. Yeah, because we've decided we want to do it together. We want to learn a duet.
Speaker 1: Correct, That's about all. We've decided. We need professional help to figure out what the next steps are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First of all, what song are we doing? Correct? I don't know. I have a new suggestion though. Okay, great, I'll tell you later on the show. Yeah, actually we should say this, Mitch. This is our last episode for a little bit. Genner and I I've got our usual radio break. Mitch, you're going back to the farm to spend some time with your parents. You're visiting the family, So we won't have any episodes for the next week. But we do have a big episode on the way today. Shall we go first with my agent? Okay, here we go kick things off now. Okay, is it just me. Do doctors need to cut the ship in their pre recorded messages. You call the doctor's office, and first of all, no need to say call triple zero if it's an emergency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna you just know there'd be so many fruit loops that will be calling for that reason.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't believe it even shot. You don't call your doctor. Even in Sean's line of work.
Speaker 2: He works for a fucking MP and people will call their local member in an emergency and Sean have to no creat triple zero.
Speaker 1: Do they know how long it takes to change legislation. I needed you to build a new freeway. I'm in traffic. That's just not gonna happen. Oh my god, I hate it. My local GP there is and I counted a minute forty worth of pre roll. Like you're at the cinemas watching the ads. If you are in emergency, help, please hang up now and call Triple zer. We get through that. Medicare rebates are changing as of September. I'm like, shut up, I want to book in. I don't need this information. If you feel unwell or have any signs or symptoms, have we done with that? That's my point, aren't we done? We understand all that, we know how it all works. They still some places at my GP has a COVID declaration.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you've got to sit through the pre roll though, because I fucking shot myself in the foot when I first moved in, not literally shot myself in the foot.
Speaker 1: I was the doctor. I was packing my rifles and no.
Speaker 2: So I was trying to get the internet to work in the new apartment, and so I was calling mate, who were my internet provider mate, and they were like, hi, mate, your call is important to us, so that you don't have to stay on the hold mate. We'll give you a call back. We're experiencing a high volume of calls. Our current callback time is around two hours. So at that point I'd go, oh, hang up, wait two hours, no call.
Speaker 1: I'd call again. I'd listen up until that point in the pre roll our current call my time is two hours, and I'd go, oh, all right, hang up, and then again no call. And then after two.
Speaker 2: Fucking days of this, two fucking days of that, I was like, I'm going to sit around and see what happens after that, and they said, our current callback time is two hours. You're next in the queue, though, so stay on the line. I was like, are you fun? Three days with that wife? I just because I didn't sit through the pre roll.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's one software that I need any pre roll for, like, absolutely nothing, unless it's like press one to go to this department, press two to go to this department. I get that we need that, but for God's sake, we don't. Don't spoon fetus doctors. I dedicate making phone calls in general. Oh no, I prefer a phone call or text.
Speaker 2: Now, not a text, I mean online, like I can book into my GP online. Thank fuck o, Hot doc. Not even that they've just got it on my website.
Speaker 1: I'm on hot dock. I don't love hot docs so much. You get a repeat referral. It's perfect, you know what I love. Iachim on the fly. Are you guys across video voicemail?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No? Oh my god? So is that not just like a cameo? Yes, it's a cameo. So if someone tries to FaceTime you, right and they don't, they don't get you, you get what's you? Go to this section called video voicemail. Ready, I'm holding up my iPhone. I don't think I would ever used that. That's so weird. So I missed a FaceTime from Stephen right, and then he's then left me this video. See he bought a coat to winter coat. But it's a video and you can watch it and you can save them and a story. Isn't that cool? Yeah, I will never take advantage of that. That is so weird. I'll do one for you right now. I'm going to send you on a FaceTime, but I'm going to see it. Oh yeah, closure house and I'll hear it. Oh shit, I don't know. Pull a grenade out or something in the foot again, just have to let it ring out. Don't answer it. I don't plan to. Do you want to say? Even ringing? What you want? D and D? Yeah, don't answer it.
Speaker 2: I'm actually not going to dinner to stay. But I created my own focus for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go, all right, record voicemail ready, Jenna Mitchell, you missed us. Are just calling to say happy birthday.
Speaker 4: It's aunt Terrence and it's Auntie Jane.
Speaker 1: And we love you. You are our favorite niece.
Speaker 4: Nice, nice little girl.
Speaker 1: Little girl, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah press that one, Yeah, you press that honey, go for it. Yeah, here we pressed it. Fantastic. See now that is a digital voicemail? And what section in my phone does it go to get a notification? You should, but you've turned it off. You're on focus? Is that focus? Just to shut my number up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I told you that.
Speaker 2: You know you can put not a serve on month fifth podcast and wow, all notifications except reminders because I need my reminders to come up saying renew your parking bitch.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could do that. It was easy. Yeah, I'm impressed. Did you get it? Maybe it comes it comes up in the FaceTime app and it should be in miss facetimes play it. I wonder what they said. It was a funny scare. Let's listen it is. We just heard it. That's funny, that's comedy. Goal. What can I go with my now? Yeah, if you want to watch that now minutes whatever you need, I'm good. Okay, have them right before my eyes. Yeah, like you you got you got to watch back later.
Speaker 4: It's really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll put that on They of socials, okay, you can do you know that was a director of director.
Speaker 4: I don't have his phone, so god.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you actually have to because no, no, my agem can wait.
Speaker 2: It'll say there's got to be away that I can handle all this back.
Speaker 1: I do enough. Just post it open you thing. I'm not inter accepting it. I'm at work. I'll just text it to you then, I don't want it on my person. There you go fast. Now you can post it to the gym socials general. Believe.
Speaker 2: I had to remind you last week to post photos of your own allergic reaction because you said on your podcast I'll post it in the grave, and I'm like, Betty won't.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just was waiting for you to go, Hey, where are those photos of the allergic reaction? All right, I'm going now, Bradley, Thank you for your patience. Mate. Is it just me to Keyla's cars feel fucking wrong? Oh? No, I love it. I love it, my felo, I'm starting up a spaceship.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it because it kind of takes away the purpose of the key.
Speaker 1: Who's keylos Curry? You in?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: One of my friends was staying with me recently and I drove her car and I was like, I don't like this at all. I think my parents have one too. I don't have to actually use the key. No, it's quite satisfying, you know, the jingling of the keys.
Speaker 1: Nah, I hate it. I'm all for it because I have to get my keys out of my car. I've got one of those flick switch. I think we have the same key. Itoks like a pen knife. Yeah, And I love when I take my dad's car in my mum's car. You just keep your keys in the bag and it knows that you're in the vicinity of the door. I think that's the best technology that we've ever invented.
Speaker 4: So how does the car turn on?
Speaker 1: You have to sit in the car. The car registers the keys in the vicinity of the vehicle, put your foot on the brake and you press it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you know what happens. My friend who's keyless car, I was driving. She had the key in her pocket and she got out of the car to like put something in the be in or something, and her car nearly self imploded it And I was one of the driver's seat because you can't walk away with the key while the engine's on.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, why are you yelling at me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like, this car, it just freaks the fuck out. Just I like the old school key. You know where it is. It's not possible to lose it because it's in the fuckingition. And you know what else fucking freaks me out in cars like that. You don't have the crank the handbrake like that? Oh is it a little switch? Yeah, that's not reassuring. I hate the sound button. You press it and he goes ze.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I love a cranky give stick. It's just nothing. Handbake hand you're right handbrake. Sorry, if you can feel that that wheel get locked in place. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's a big gas light of these new cars because they'll put the handbrake on for you as soon as you've stopped, and then you question yourself.
Speaker 1: Wait, did I put the handbrake on? Oh? It says it's on, but I didn't do that. I don't do that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when you like start to leave, it automatically takes it off, and then you go to take the handbrake off yourself, and then you accidentally put it back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like, just let me do some things, leave some things in my control plate. I had a higher car recently for two weeks. It was fully smart, push buttons everything me too. Then I got back in my car and I felt old. I thought this analogue car is incredible. Now I missed it. No, you know what my car does. My car has car play. I love it. But it's got it's got an analogue handbrake, it's got, it's got a key start, it's it doesn't have any smart driving, doesn't change lanes for you. It's analogue, and I love it. Yeah, same, I felt comforted getting back into my car. Auto lights. I like auto lights. I've got those. That's good. They don't have to touch my headlights than you Moore. Things are begging to be touched. You'll sell that car and the value of that novel it'll be won't be touched. But I love my blinkers. All automatic some cars these days auto sense if you're like starting to turn indicate for you. In my dad's No, I hate that. In my dad's car, the blinkers on the steering wheel. Just leave them as they are.
Speaker 2: Who've all gotten in the habit of putting the handbrake on, like, so why change it?
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm loving that. Jenna's cooperating as if she knows what we're talking about at all. If you've beat in cars, drawn ones, we're talking about real car. Yeah, yeah, I do miss the horse. What do you think a handbreak? He's putting your hand in front of us tire to stop it. No, it's pulling back the horse.
Speaker 2: Break?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? The rude shocks of young adults?
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 1: All right, we're missing a wheel right now, aren't we? Long time? No see fourth wheel? Oscar? Come in here your time, come on in.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Just on the floor, just on the ground there, This is where you see on that microphone. Take a seat, chicken. Thanks from the Misfits. We're excited to have you here. I'm a little nervous. Can you tell us the extensive I feel you got a job interview? Tell us the extensive history of your singing, because you've been singing since you're a wee.
Speaker 4: Boy, very talented.
Speaker 5: I've been singing since before I could talk, probably basically.
Speaker 1: Long, long, and short of it is.
Speaker 5: I started singing properly when I was about maybe eight or nine years old.
Speaker 1: Baby singer. I was a little baby singer.
Speaker 5: I was a part of like Sydney Children's choir which they shout out to them because they taught me the basics of like classical techniques and how to preserve your voice when you're singing, like four hour long concerts and shit like that. But then I also did musicals and professional shows, amateur shows. But I and got myself a vocal teacher. His specialty was helping like young boys navigate their voice through puberty.
Speaker 2: And here I was thinking, you were just a natural. See, singing lessons do count for something like you've trained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's two of us in this room that have had singing lessons. I had singing lessons as well. Do you know this school I did? Didn't tell it that part? Yeah, studyingful, yes, I did. Operatic singing is a major part of the American Actually makes so much sense.
Speaker 5: When I was listening to you guys sing what was it again, the Grease song, and you had this like timber Dobrado.
Speaker 1: I can sing, I remember, I kept in my head.
Speaker 5: I was like, I have to ask him about that, because surely that's been taught.
Speaker 1: I studied. I've had full a vocal training, like to control like my voice through acting in theater in America. And then yeah, I'm also singing training. But I wasn't good at singing, and I also thought I'm never going to do it, so I didn't pay attention. Okay, I gave up.
Speaker 2: Well, we're actually going to do this singing. Let's in a little bit. I think we should warm up our vocals. Oscar, have you got an idgym to share in the meantime? I just get it's warmed out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course excited? Yeah I do. But we can't have Oscar do one. They're not what was your name again? Sorry? Is it Jenna? Jenna? Gfa Jenna. We you should do one too, I can do one. Do you have one? Yeah? All right, we'll do both of yours. All right, Bradley, let's go. Is it just me?
Speaker 5: What the actual fuck is barbecue? Sauce?
Speaker 1: My good to die for?
Speaker 5: It is beautiful, don't get it twisted. But you know how like you've got tomato sauce sky? What the fuck is barbie?
Speaker 2: I have always wondered that they just like lick barbecue clean and go that's yummy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because at the end of a barbecue it's all like stale and crusty and that do they just gather that up, rinse it down and go put that in a bottle, that's.
Speaker 1: True, whereas barbecue sauce just like they put like Jenna, get googling, Yeah, Jenna, can you google that? We call Harryhines please and see what he has to say about this, because like they always have on fister Henrietta Himes. Yeah, they always.
Speaker 5: Have on like barbecue sauce like related condiment. There's like an onion and.
Speaker 1: Like a tomato, an onion and a tomato, And it's.
Speaker 5: Like, so is it just brown onion sauce?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? I think it's just savory sauce because in America all barbecue sauces are smoky, like really smoky. How did you google? Word for word? What the fuck is barbecue sauce?
Speaker 4: So what defines a barbecue sauce is the method of cooking that it's used in. So it's used as a marinade and topping for meat cooked in barbecue cooking style, and that's where it comes from.
Speaker 2: Only use it specifically if there's been a barbecue involved. Well fuck, I've been bastardizing that sauce for many years.
Speaker 1: No, but what else do you put it on? I only put it on a steak. I put it on a sausage sandwich, Like.
Speaker 5: That hasn't answered my question because we've got barbie fuck flavored. Yeah, we've got barbecue flavored chips, We've got barbecue flavored crackers, and some more shit. I feel there's more to it.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't a cat, I don't I don't have the answer.
Speaker 5: Oh, sorry, could have.
Speaker 1: Filled me with the.
Speaker 4: Barbecue. Wait, sorry, getting.
Speaker 1: Came up with.
Speaker 4: Barbecue sauces include vinegar or tomato paste as are based liquid smoke flavoring, onion, spice, smoke.
Speaker 1: Liquid smoke. Does that mean that you Edith asher Dart in there or yeah?
Speaker 5: I could have made fucking billions when I was a smoker. Then quid smoke is a.
Speaker 1: Clear liquid that is just a smoky essence. You can put it in so many things and it makes it smoky flavor.
Speaker 5: Really, it's really question.
Speaker 2: It's not just you, because I've always wondered what the fuck does that actually mean?
Speaker 5: Because I was watching I was scrolling on TikTok and this chick named Narah Smith came up where she made her own barbecue sauce and I was like, oh, I know Nara, Yeah, like love her, She's close. Yeah, I don't mean either actually, but in my head we've got close friendship.
Speaker 1: And she made her.
Speaker 5: Own barbecue sauce. And if you don't know, who knows. She's renowned for making her own bullshit. She makes everything from scratch and breading things like bubblegum and bullshit. The aside note, I will always go through the comments because everyone says, can you make her zempic from scratch?
Speaker 1: And it kills me? Hilarious?
Speaker 5: And she made barbecue. It's been sitting with me for about three weeks. I'm like, what the actual fuck is barbecue sauce?
Speaker 1: We just add liquid smoke to a sprite, like, can you add liquid smoke to anything? Smoke? Sah. She's a hubba bubba with a dash of liquid smoke, grape smoked. It's called a bake. Yeah, you're right, Jenna, Have you got any of that? Just me ready to go? No, I got it? You got it? Okay, Bradley, when you're ready? Is it just me?
Speaker 4: The doctors on Gray's Anatomy and other medical shows let too many of their patients die. Okay, I've got an example. I've been into Gray's Anatomy lately, and.
Speaker 1: What with raised Anatomy making a comeback. So many people are starting it from scratch.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm up to season five now and honestly.
Speaker 1: Got ninety seven. Girl.
Speaker 4: Every episode patients die, so they come in with a headache. By the end of the episode, they're dead.
Speaker 1: They're dead.
Speaker 4: Somebody came in with the nosebleed, dies on the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like Gray's Anatomy should just stop.
Speaker 4: I know, like no, I'll tell you what else really annoyed me, and was the fact that one of the main characters drowned and died in the water, and they saved her, spent six hours resuscitating her, and yet they couldn't fix the child with a broken leg who ended up getting sepsis and dying solid.
Speaker 1: They take you by surprise.
Speaker 2: You think, oh you can fucking survive that, don't be an.
Speaker 4: They're all screaming, oh, we can save Meredith, but let's not save this child with a simple.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, you know, it's not RPA, it's not reality, it's it's a drama series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I feel like writers should be caring more about the patient.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of with you. As a kid, I had such a warped idea of what medical professionals were like after watching House, like, I thought my GP wanted to fuck me, but no he didn't. Was just there'd be like a twenty one year old girl who was like, come in with pneumonia and he's like, right, so is it that heavy rack on your chest? Or are you just sick? Am my House? That walking stick? It was just such a weird doctor like House.
Speaker 5: Is on such a different different level though, because that is such a cooked show in general. Yeah, Like he's awful, Like Hugh Laurie the actor is fantastic, and he's a great comedian as well, if you've seen any any of his comment and.
Speaker 2: Little of course, Yeah, but he was sweet as fuck, little with a creepy do it's father the adoptive famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah Little actually got it? Yeah got it. But no, it's just you. I've never enjoyed, nor have I sat down to watch any medical dramas. Just it's not my genre of TV, Mitchell, do you like medical genres? Medical? Never really enjoyed them.
Speaker 2: But like, I just don't know why you're shocked watching a medical drama that there's death involved. No, not, I watch for you and I expect there to be I confect.
Speaker 4: She expects there to be death, but I don't expect somebody with.
Speaker 1: Like reasonable they're going with an ingrown to now. Then by the end of the episode, brain rihism, Yeah, doesn't a single time.
Speaker 2: The messages obviously, can't be too careful, get it checked out.
Speaker 1: Even if it seems like nothing that's right.
Speaker 4: Unless you're a doctor, then the other doctors will save you over a child.
Speaker 5: But also, have you been like an emergency room when it's full blown?
Speaker 1: How do they have all the time to sit there and talk about their personal lives.
Speaker 5: When I was in hospital a couple of years back, in the emergency room, the nurse that saw me to take do my blood test, she literally said, I was the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Person in the space of ten minutes.
Speaker 5: How do they have the time to sit there and talk about meritis, puss getting stretched, crap, I'm good.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I was talking about her investment property that she lost money on, and there's someone code blueing.
Speaker 4: In the emergency there was a fairy explosion and sound like very like a fairy.
Speaker 1: Explosion got her.
Speaker 4: And thousands died, and but they managed to have an affair in the closet.
Speaker 1: You're not really selling this show to me. I got to.
Speaker 4: Say, once you watch it, you kind of get yeah, yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I think you hate the doctors.
Speaker 2: Don't we All right, let's stop fucking about. Let's get down to business. The reason you hear oscur is we need your help. We're doing this again.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: We wanted to try singing lessons together. Consider this kindergarten of singing lessons and if you feel already, we might graduate to another singing teacher. Yeah, but I didn't know we had a fucking in house singing teacher since when.
Speaker 5: Well it was it was short lived. But when I was in my last year of school, I basically started teaching like kids, the very like bare minimum basics, so things like that's what we need. Yeah, so things like things like breathing, like your stance.
Speaker 1: Like dance like that, I'm not getting up, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, we obviously we're not getting up in this instance because we have to sit with microphones, of course, but like things like that, and I like, when I felt satisfied with where they were at, I would palm them off to another teacher.
Speaker 1: And says no to drop out.
Speaker 5: Well I will, I will say you guys are probably the oldest students I've ever had. Usually, usually the students I've had the oldest the youngest would have been about seven. And but yes, I haven't done it for a good long while. And this instance is gonna be a bit tricky because obviously I don't have a real piano with me, so.
Speaker 1: I have to put my hand up to ask a question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go on, what's your question?
Speaker 2: I am on theater talk and I often see like musical theater performers referring to like their head voice.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Head voice is another term for it is a falsetto. That's where you do what's called like a vocal flip. So you go from like your chest voice.
Speaker 1: Can you do a flip? What's the opposite of head voice? Chest voice? Okay? Can you do a flip from chest to head?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I had a coffee I fell to I know, there's a crack. That was pretty good. You can hear the crack? Yeah, that was that was pretty good. Though, how do I know if that's the chest to head that I'm starting with? Maybe you can heal it. You can. It's like, maybe think of it as like your throat, like throw Adam's apples down. That's a perfect example. People already the Adams apple thing really helps. Yeah, yeah, he's a great feature. I remember this from school. My teacher Mandy was so good, you know. She said, you know, when you need to clear your throat, you go. That is so bad for your throat if you're a singer or a theater performer. So what they would suggest You.
Speaker 2: Can't imagine the irreversable damage that coughing fit jigg and it's done to you.
Speaker 1: Well, I did ask us to stop for a reason for health issues instead of coughing. If you've got a bit in your throat, you do this, you swallow. Does the exact same thing that's for for Mitchell, you just swallow. I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 2: Mandy is quite correct about a belt, it's head and for its tests worth.
Speaker 1: What about a belt? You felt that much way.
Speaker 5: A belt is when you are using the support, Well, when you sing, you should use your diaphragm.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have one. Everyone's got to die. He said this a few weeks ago, and I believe it because you guys couldn't arrow it down. Well, not crazy. You do have A diaphragm's under my belly button.
Speaker 5: So you use your stomach to sort of support yourself when you're doing like extended notes, do.
Speaker 2: An exail of no diaphragm, and then kick the diaphragm in and we can hear the difference.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying this to be an asshole. I genuinely don't think I can sing without my diaphragm because I've got fifteen years of year.
Speaker 1: Is constantly flexing? Is that how it works? Sounds my stomach? Oh my, touch my stomach. Okay, it's not flexing too much. It's like a little bit of It's just a little bit.
Speaker 5: If I went higher your throats too, if I went higher in pitch, then you would feel it. Really, I will do that, h.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's different elements and parts of it. You and I have done many drunken singing instances before.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 5: No, you think it's not good. I personally think you're you're more a lower register singer.
Speaker 1: But I said like a baritone.
Speaker 2: When we were first trying to decide a song, I said to Cherry that I'm best suited to being someone's backing singer. I can do the harmonies, but when I'm isolated, it's bad. And there was one fucking time the Oscar and I were doing karaoke, and because he was standing right next to me and he's quite loud as a singer, we just thought his mic was on.
Speaker 1: Oh it wasn't.
Speaker 2: So everyone listening to us at the pub could only hear my VODs and.
Speaker 1: They weren't good. That sounds like a stitchir.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking out into the audience, going, why are they blown away by our beautiful voices? And then I realized it's because they can only hear me one.
Speaker 1: That's tragic. I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: Speaking of a song, have you guys decided what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: No? No, But I have a new suggestion. All hit me. I want to sing die with a smile, Lady Gaga, Bruno mass if the world was ending? I want to mean next see now, I mean, where am I going wrong?
Speaker 2: Because if I were to do that in the car, I might hit the notes on paper, but my.
Speaker 5: Throat hat it's because you're yelling.
Speaker 1: Yelling, But isn't that what a head voice is? You never yet ever? No, you see you can hear it's a little bit breathia. That was nice that Mitchell, your throat? Can you open your throat? Not for you, for the audience, for the audience. How do you open it like I can go? That's me opening and closing. I don't know if I can tell if it's closing. Make that noise. See how is larynx is dropping in and out? So it's moving out in dapple like we said before. Yeah that could that changes the pitch and time right? Just be How do I know if I'm doing it right? If I'm literally it's being silly? Try we'll tell you right now. Mitchell just shot a baby deer and no one can had it coming.
Speaker 5: So that's that's a good one. I feel like that might be a bit too high for Strange personally.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. I've got a list explaining that him last time.
Speaker 5: So I went back, so I listened to all that. I've done a little bit of preparation with some songs. But I have also got the post because the injured idiots started a Facebook post where they all put suggestions on.
Speaker 1: So we did, Yes we did, Oh yes you did. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've written five duets that I think could work with both of your Rangers. Where if I've got missed, you're here.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 5: So if I've got if I've got gorgeous Cheery doing a more of a higher register, and I've got gorgeous Combs doing a bit a little bit lower?
Speaker 1: Is it just me on the fly? Would no one have picked that that I'm the lower pitch? Honest to God, No, I would not, not.
Speaker 5: Until I heard that episode of Cherry singing and he's hitting notes that not even I can hear.
Speaker 1: What Wow? And like I said, you had this.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that I do do a high note.
Speaker 1: Just sing the word yeah as high as you can. I can't do it. Yeah, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Try he would slightly, But I can't expect you to get even close.
Speaker 1: And I was jack vision anyway, Sorry I interrupted. So I've got five songs written down.
Speaker 5: The first one is and I'm actually quite nervous to say this because I know how Cheery feel about this. Everything has changed from t Swift, Taylor Swift and Edge.
Speaker 4: That's a good song.
Speaker 5: So hear me out, Cherry, hear me out, hear me out, him me out look close boring.
Speaker 2: This was actually the karaoke song where Mike was off and they could only hear my harmonies.
Speaker 5: So Taylor is this is going to sound controversial. She's actually quite a weak singer. She's a very weak singer because she.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do define gravity. It's not a bad she.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have a bad voice at all, but it's weak and her higher register is not even that high of a of a register. But Ed Sheeran has got a lower voice which sits in Mitchell's range perfect.
Speaker 1: Can we demonstrate? Can do you go to the eye? He had Shearon bang eye? I thought you were going.
Speaker 5: I was like, that's that is correct.
Speaker 1: I've got the private chap. Where are they up to? Is it? Hang on? I need the lyrics? Hold up? What a pussy? I know, I know you'd think for a performer, i'd know how. No, actually remember you want me to get the lyrics up? No, he's doing it. I've got it. I just want to know you better know you better know you, better know. I just want to know you.
Speaker 2: No, I know, hello, and you're looking life coming home?
Speaker 3: I know it's a sam.
Speaker 1: Everything has changed, but just say what I mean, beautiful? Do you want me to go home now? Or do you want me to know? You want me to come back in an hour. I know I wanted to stay. Okay, you wanted to shoo to pitch you. Second has to be about I just thought the whole point was to see because the singing's done, you know, we're trying to convince you because you've already vetoed this song.
Speaker 4: I must say that was extraordinary.
Speaker 1: It was nice.
Speaker 5: I So the reason why I brought that up is it sits perfectly in both of your rangers. Because you guys are not it's gonna don't. I don't know how else to say this, but you guys are not performers in the sense of you can go out with a band.
Speaker 1: Yet I didn't say that as a challenge.
Speaker 2: Somehow add a couple of seconds, Yeah, I'll be backings well ship.
Speaker 5: So I think that particular song would just really work for the both of you while you're starting out.
Speaker 1: You know what, I in favor of that? What other ideas did we go? So the other one?
Speaker 5: Some of the other ones I have are Lucky Joseph Moros and Kolby Kolay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I know that, friend, we can't sing. That's to get people will talk, The forums will kick back up again. I don't ballot one eye ballad ballad. The next one is shallow Garga and Bradley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Do that.
Speaker 1: And it was gorgeous. Say so much for improvement.
Speaker 5: That's where I come in later. So that's another option. I need you now, Lady Antebellum, do you know?
Speaker 4: Do I know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have we thought that this might be extremely cringe? As I'm hearing this, I'm thinking, are we going to really upset the listeners? I was one of those I just think, I just get this makes me. I can't listen to it. I'm so put off the singing. I'm not a singer person. I think I've just overcome me with immense sense of dread. Day one of the hobby hunt, and he's like, I want this one. Well, the point is that we have to find if the hobby works for us. But I couldn't make contact with you guys when you were singing like what a dog does appear in a public party? Okay? What else is that? All the audience?
Speaker 5: The last one was stay Rihanna and Mickey Echo. But I don't know how you would feel.
Speaker 1: About because he's singing the same notes as her. To me, it has to be shallow. I'm on board for Shallow or the Ed Sheer and Taylor Swift. But does that mean your gaga in shallow? Do you want to be Gaga? Well, I don't know what role. I saw something, but I have to sing the same notes. Tell me something girl. No, he's a little bit lower. There's no key change at all. He sings exactly the same.
Speaker 5: So those were my suggestions. I have also saved the post that the idiots did all their suggestions. What do we have from idiots? So one of them said they know us. So the top one that's for me says what I've been looking for. And Ryan from high school Musical.
Speaker 1: That is pretty good, less cringe.
Speaker 5: If it's just something, then we're actually Maybe that's why, because like I'm thinking easy, I just don't want.
Speaker 1: To be a singer, so I think it's crazy for me to be like, I'm going to give it my oldest sing. No, that's valid.
Speaker 5: Lane Shasser from Wherever said breaking free from high.
Speaker 1: School Music, and that is I can be like to come there if we're trying, can you?
Speaker 2: I like that?
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 5: That's good. Aaron Thomas shout out to you said yeah by Usher. Yeah, it says it says yeah.
Speaker 1: By Usher feature Little John and Ludacris Jenna as Little John. Nice. Oh my, I don't know what's it called breaking?
Speaker 2: I don't actually know the lyrics either, but not even zach Efron could handle this.
Speaker 1: You've got a fucking yeah. He doesn't sing. Someone dubbed it. He didn't sing, did he? I've got belirious. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to point to him when he needs to sing, because he'll get confused.
Speaker 1: It really will. We're sorting fly. There's not a story in heaven that we can't reach. You know what, what's the rhythm? If we try and breaking start again? It's fine, you'll have another line.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The world can see us. Oh that's her in a way that's different from.
Speaker 3: Who we are, creating space between us to wear separate parts.
Speaker 1: BEGIF gives mistressed stream believe regularly.
Speaker 2: Give whattroles first starting hent.
Speaker 1: The wrong careage, Mitch Cherry, what can I double my character? I'm so confused, me so much. Let me just say this.
Speaker 5: First of all, I nailed it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That was fantastic.
Speaker 5: Now let me just say this, even if you don't if you're not one hundred percent confident in what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking commit to it? About it? Okay, good because I'm good at that. I'm gonna say that sort of my mr. Yeah, just commit all right? So what did I do wrong? So start my line? They're not outlined. It's not outlined easily. Do you not have a version that has like Troy gamer? Are you on genius dot com?
Speaker 2: No, I've got the lyric video on YouTube. It's highly sexist. The boys line is blue pink and then when they sing together, can I I'm getting it up?
Speaker 1: Mitch? Can I also be really nitpicky?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Go for it? Can you straighten your shoulders?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My shoulders? You can't sing when you're spying. It's crooked like this. Oh that's a good tonight.
Speaker 5: So if you just shoulders back, everyone should us back? Tits up?
Speaker 1: Is your video by X Smiley ninety five? Your video X who makes the video that you're watching? Sin King? I love that?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Then it's clever much like the Titanic thinking sinking King Pink is girl, blue was boy and you are girl? Yet give it a good Why don't we try this? This could work, go for it. We have to play at the same time. Ready three, hold on from the very start. Yes, yeak three two one, No, it's got this ship. Yeah, I've got the same thing. So sure I remember confidence. If you fuck up, go with it. Lot of notes for sure. I'm pink, yep, I'm girl. Real name's Alicia. Get down. We're suing fly in. There's not a story in heaven that we can't reach if we're trying, So we break and fry. You know the world can see us.
Speaker 3: In a way that different than who we are, creating space between us to wear separate heart.
Speaker 1: But of your faith yive me strength straight, we're making free. Why are you doing it again?
Speaker 2: That's not not sorry Heaven if we can't.
Speaker 1: Reach it, would fly and care break it would help giving you. Yeah, that's my point. So much better, that's the segment. I can just see it in your eyes. You want to give up. I don't want to give up. I just don't know if I ever reply this.
Speaker 5: But even still, like that was so much better, just from a performer's point of view, even if, like, even if you weren't like one hundred percent sure, just commit to it, committed.
Speaker 2: Well, I believe I did commit to it. But breaking the fourth wall. Here's something the audience didn't.
Speaker 1: I My throat's killing me. Now what did I do wrong? Number One? Thing you're singing like this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can I actually tell you?
Speaker 2: I because these fucking chairs won't wheel trying to pull it in like once there's weight on the wheel, trying to lean into the mic.
Speaker 1: Sh So because you're because you're doing this, I could literally just pull the mic.
Speaker 5: So when you're with me, so so coombs when you when you're singing, If you're doing this and you're going jaw out first, that's not going to help you.
Speaker 1: So sing with it auble chin yeah yeah so like so like so like were breaking free?
Speaker 5: Like see how the mouth is coming out like this For the idiots, you can't see I did a vertical mouth.
Speaker 1: So I did it. You've got a puppet mouth. I don't think she is very happy with me, No, I am. I'm very happy. I'm just not singing, isn't I'm not my most comfortable space. That's okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean that's the whole point of hobby hunt, isn't it to find learn hobby?
Speaker 1: Correct? Mind you?
Speaker 5: It would be we'd be having an easier time if I had a piano in front of me, got it where I could like hit.
Speaker 1: Some rider, your manager that let me pass it on shit, got to talk to Scooter bowl on again. But no, otherwise that was really good. I mean, yeah, flat notes here and there, and I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 5: I couldn't feel a lot of confidence. But the bones are there, do you know what I mean? But let's try shallow because I feel like you're going to have a better time with shallow.
Speaker 1: With shallow, Okay, sure, let's get shallow at Mitchell Shallow up for me play?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh now, wait, before we fucking do this, what do I do apart from not deep threating my microphone to not get it's all right, try not.
Speaker 1: To yell it.
Speaker 5: That's all I can say, because because it's natural when we want to go louder with singing to start going a bit yelly. But if you can try and pull it back and use.
Speaker 1: This area, tell me it's something girl. Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you not agree?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's just interesting teaching methods. It's did you study it scientology? Singing school? That was gremlin esque.
Speaker 5: But also with that this is the first time Mitchell's being told to use something other than up here, So it's not going to come out sounding incredible.
Speaker 1: People of mass to use things down low.
Speaker 5: No, I don't mean it like that. I just mean like when you when you learn to use your diaphragm.
Speaker 1: If you haven't done it's parties. He's use my cord. Does that count? Yeah? But what if I sang in a crunch?
Speaker 5: We might have to do that off here?
Speaker 1: Jon? What if I did that with that help?
Speaker 2: That's your that's that's your diagram on sea curve spine there, guy, Maybe that'll help tell us something?
Speaker 1: Girl. Ah, now I get it. I just need to do a sea curve. Okay, let's do shallow.
Speaker 5: Let's do shallow.
Speaker 1: Come on, no wrong sinking a sinking feeling I've got so, I'm guy, Gusha, I'm first, I think fuck. Tell me is that right? Tell me something? I'm first, so shut your trap. Tell me I'm first. Tell me something, girl? Are you happy in this modern world? Chris spoken word?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: You need more se curve here? Look at that is there's something else you're searching for? Fall in God, I forgot how long the verse H's story boring?
Speaker 7: In all the good times, I found myself longing forvapes, and in the bad times I feel myself done.
Speaker 1: Allie, Allie, tell me something boy, Yeah, very good. Aren't you tired trying to fill that void? Aren't you need more nice violin? Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore? I am falling. In all the good times, I find myself longing what for for Chaine? And the bad times I fear myself.
Speaker 6: I'm off the game watches at time and oh never me the cross through the sand where they can heard ask.
Speaker 1: Where far from the show?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: In the shaper Shinello.
Speaker 8: Blinting, blending in the show, in the shaper Showallo, We're far from in the shallow now?
Speaker 1: Do you have any me to be?
Speaker 3: She?
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to hear this.
Speaker 1: The guy picked down stay watchers and die man.
Speaker 6: I never made.
Speaker 1: A little bit out of time. It was just the both of us purple yes. Wow. Give her a round of applause, ladies and gentlemens. And days, days, I feel liberated. How do you feel? Genuinely? I feel good hitting that high note. As far as I'm concerned, I hit that high note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy to fucking lock in that song because it's a lot less work for me.
Speaker 1: I think you can do it. What do you mean locked in? Did we not just do it?
Speaker 2: No, I mean like the one that we're going to improve upon with a singing teacher in got it because the real I.
Speaker 1: Must be confused because I thought that's what this was.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I thought we're done now.
Speaker 4: This is an introdugery.
Speaker 2: It's but also you're allowed to tap out if you don't want to proceed, because we were dipping out Tai win with Oscar.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for the first singing school part of Hobby Hunt. I enjoyed that song. You need to wrap us up like most teachers. Well that's all we've got time for today.
Speaker 5: Well, that's all we've got time for today, class, So review the notes, review your parts, listen and learn your songs, and we'll reconvene.
Speaker 4: Oscar, it's our turn. I've been a nasty nasty I've been a nasty girl. Nasty, I've been a nasty girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not doing that right now, Jenna. It's one of the most hellish things of the weakness.
Speaker 5: Fits the people who listened to misfits one.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd been possessed. I mean, she basically was also the life behind her eyes disappeared while she was in that.
Speaker 1: She went, I've been a nasty girl. Oh my god, where did that come to? Your pupils just dilated?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just became the character.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, well we better get out of here. Thank you, thank you, thank you, fourth Wheel Oscar. Do you actually feel like I learned something?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like now I can move my Adam's apple on purpose. Yeah down. No, I just don't think that singing is something that I want to ever achieve in my life. I feel like for you, it is so for me.
Speaker 2: We're not trying to become fucking Gaga Oils. I'm just like, wouldn't it be interesting.
Speaker 1: To go to singing with Yeah? I think no, but yes, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, then we cannot get the fork in the road. Do we proceed with this hobby in the hobby hunt? Or you're like, nah, well I'll try the next thing. I mean, I think I've gotten everything I can. I don't know if i'd learn to sing. I don't think I've got anything else to learn.
Speaker 1: I think I think that was the best you're going to get from me. All right, there's nothing wrong with saying that, fuck that Hobby. Well, I had a lot of fun. So well, if we want to come back, why don't we have a performance date? And we just we have and you know, we set a recital we can practice in our own time, and then we perform it on the show and that's the end of the hobby Hunt.
Speaker 2: It's a brilliant idea, but it's the practice in our own time bit that I'm just not sure about.
Speaker 1: With you. I can pop it in the car and sing as I'm driving.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that time. You what was the mission he wanted to do, Jenna. He wanted to learn a song without looking at the lyrics.
Speaker 1: He wanted to learn off by heart.
Speaker 2: When he was trying to do that Gwen Stefani, he was trying to learn that off by heart and I was so fucking proud because he did it. And then turns out he had the lyrics the other side of the computer monitor that I couldn't.
Speaker 1: See, and I shouldn't have told him.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you're the one that wanted to say you've learned a song of my heart and now you're doing.
Speaker 5: This well, I mean to be fair, not even I can't even get that either.
Speaker 1: So it's tough. It's tough for some of the greatest things of all time. And Oscar, Oh right, we're gonna go everyone, But like I said, no episodes next week, but we'll chat to you very soon. Then Is it just me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a couple of make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a to D briefound secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show's done, but then we keep talking shit here. Yeah, yeah, we definitely do. We definitely do. Oscar's rapping season two merch' is that from season two? Wow, I was getting dressed tally.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what season two or three it was when we did this summer merch after the jumper.
Speaker 1: That's the Ribbitton. The reason he has that shirt is because he was helping me with my clothes. Can't Oh. When I say he was helping, I mean he was inheriting.
Speaker 2: I was here that I was getting rid of, and I was like, I've got all this fucking inch of merch, but I just need to keep one of everything. I already had one of these shirts, so I was like, okay, Oscar, I don't need more than money.
Speaker 1: Take it, take it.
Speaker 5: I haven't had to go clothes shopping for the last maybe two three years, because I just get everyone's hand me downs.
Speaker 1: You inherit, I inherit. I don't think even I have one of those versions anymore. Why not have to look? I would? It would be in storage. I think, Well, listen, I feel, I feel satisfied, but I just don't think I've got the room for growth. I disagree. It's up to you. No room for room proof. No, I don't mean no facious enough that they're not my words. I'm more mean I've hit my ceiling, and it's not a glass ceiling. I'm in a bunker like.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Really, it depends on you. I think.
Speaker 5: Even if you just go to an actual singing teacher, even just the once, just for fun, who cares?
Speaker 1: That's like saying, why don't you get your wits and t out just for fun? Like it doesn't excite me. Oh, if it doesn't excite you, don't do it. Well, A good thing we got oscar in here.
Speaker 2: It's like a test stummy, because that'd be so fucking I'd be humiliated if you said this to a real singing teacher's face.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, this is so much fun. I love it with your Instagram.
Speaker 5: What's following, especially even how expensive singing teachers can be. How much is the singing So it depends on how qualified the person is. So I only ever charged fifty dollars an hour because I'm not qualified.
Speaker 2: Pretty exy, I reckon, speaking of egs, I reckon. My ex was charging over one hundred an hour.
Speaker 1: There we going teaching. Yeah, my teacher charged ninety an hour.
Speaker 5: I know some I know some people who like did the whole like study and they got like this qualification, that qualification, that qualification.
Speaker 1: They charged about three hundred and fifteen hours a bit much.
Speaker 5: So when you hear all that and then then I sit here and go a fifty an hour, they're like, oh fuck, I'll go with you there because like that's.
Speaker 1: The cheaper option.
Speaker 5: But it teaching people how to sing can be so difficult because you don't know what the extent of their past experience is. So my teacher was lucky with me that I had about six years of choral training.
Speaker 1: And you were used in scubadized. Is that like yeah, quiet shit, got it quiet?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: So using that's where the whole diaphram diaphragm thing comes from. But the problem with QUI is is that because you've got a large group of you, if you're in that transitional stage, especially like with with young boys who are going through puberty and their voices are dropping, and that they provide nothing for you.
Speaker 2: So in a way, I'm actually in a good position in that my voice has not yet broken.
Speaker 5: That's so I have no issues, no problem.
Speaker 1: Did your voice ever break? Was yours higher? As a kid? I'm literally lower than news sign?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: True? But my thing is mine goes up when I'm making points, but also my voice goes My voice is very Mine just kind of sits down here. But it's got a feminine tone.
Speaker 2: So it'd be like, let's just say we're playing the exact same note, but mine's a flute and yours is a trumpet. Yeah, mine's going to sound more fucking pathetic, isn't it because it's a flute. I like imagine playing the last post at an exact day, the exact same notes.
Speaker 1: But on a flute. That's me talking.
Speaker 2: It's just the tone said, Yeah, I was a boy soprano, I've got a bitch tone.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was a boy soprano. And then I'll never forget this.
Speaker 5: And then when I moved into Sydney Children's Choir, when I moved into their senior choir, which that was like, you know, the elite when you were nine years old, I would have been about no, I would have been about twelve or thirteen. And they called me in to do a range check, and that was to determine if I if I could stay with them. And I have no issue in exposing them for doing that.
Speaker 2: You're trying to convince us that at some point in time someone told you you were two mesque. Yeah, I know, because your voice but everything. So I have no issue in exposing them for doing this. It's so fucked up.
Speaker 5: But they brought me into a separate room and checked my range. And the whole reason they checked my range was to see if my voice started like dropping and started breaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if, And she.
Speaker 5: Determined, I'm not gonna name it because I don't want to get sued, but she determined this person that my voice had started to break, and if I had hit two notes lower, she was gonna kick me.
Speaker 1: Out of the quiet. And it's kind of to lie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I totally lied, and she was like yeah, yeah, and that was deltaical trim, that was Delta gul trim, and.
Speaker 1: Delta looked me in the face of.
Speaker 5: Attained fucking would actually fuck me. But yeah, she fully said that if I had gone two notes lower, she was going to kick me out. Like, imagine being like twelve years old, you've done this choir since you're about eight years old. You've got all of your all of my network of friends were there, and you've got this grown fuck us woman told if you're not this fucking toad of a woman telling you if your voice had gone, if you've been able to go two notes lower, I'd have to I'd have to kick you out because you don't have that pure you don't have your voice.
Speaker 1: Break. Joke's on you, bitch. You can still hit the high, still hit better than half them fucking children. Yeah, fuck them, fuck them. This feels like a food horn exposing. It's like some dance mum's ship. Where was your mother? Why didn't why wasn't she in the wings? Being like, actually I did the choir in primary school, but I was one of the kids that would just like I just join into the noise, so I wasn't actually singing. It's so obvious when people do that. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Because like, I was never in the choir at my high school, but you could fucking tell when there was someone in there just kind of be like you could hear them, they'd stand it out.
Speaker 1: I think that's why I hate singing, because I in the choir and I never was never taught to love it or enjoy it. Why weren't you in the orchestra? That's the phone. You don't know what an orchestra means? That his orchestra the band?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I suppose I saxophone wouldn't be in an orchestra.
Speaker 1: Have you heard an orchestra pit? Yes, that was in the orchestra right, yes, the instry you could just say banned, could you not? Like fucking Sorreen Public school in Australia has an orchestra. Were you in the caveat tasting at school?
Speaker 3: Like? No?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Did you got? Fencing? Got much time?
Speaker 2: But I'm going to play for some reason. Yesterday I had this song which I played in the school orchestra. It stuck in my head and I was like, God, I have to go listen to it again. It's just beautiful.
Speaker 1: Now hang on, let me get to the good bit. Remember this ship? What are you playing? Just wait, you'll recognize it. This dressed park. No, that's what it is. No, no, no, no, this is four seasons.
Speaker 5: This is Voldy Summer.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure name. It's Dupi, the Bringer of Jealousy. But it is from something? Is it Jurassic Part No?
Speaker 5: Astrology?
Speaker 1: Astrology?
Speaker 5: I'm not, I'm not right me back season something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it play. Freakingmit is nearly figured out where he knows it's from. It wasn't an episode of Blue. Give him a moment. Do you know where it's from? This is the good bit? Oh it's not Shrek? Is it sounds like it sounds like Shrek? Shrek?
Speaker 5: Shrek was adapted from this.
Speaker 1: It's that. I actually don't remember what it's from.
Speaker 5: Well, the gorgeous song itself is from the It's called Jupiter. I just can't remember the name of the because it's a full blown the planets the planets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's the nine of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, holdst the planets and there's there's nine of them, like each one has a different like Mars, Venus all that, and Jupids is the most famous.
Speaker 2: When we played it in the fucking school orchestra.
Speaker 1: There was something that it was from, but I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's You're on the Right Path, Jurassic Park, something like that, or maybe a Star War.
Speaker 1: I don't know, a Star Wars and many Stars and multiple wars. Mitchell, Well, the Shrek.
Speaker 5: Fiona's theme is adapted from that.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling everyone.
Speaker 5: I think everyone's thinking of Shrek because it's like.
Speaker 1: Why don't we do that song? We learned that the birds?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but who's going to be the bird where you're exploding?
Speaker 1: Doing it right now? You can whistle, I can be a bird. Why don't we do a song whereriters have to whistle? See? Singing makes me uncomfortable. I just what I've learned.
Speaker 5: Do I make it uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, my singing. I don't feel comfortable with your voice. But I use it to talk. I don't use it to sing. It's not my natural straight We are very much running over time. Thank you for listening, idiots.
Speaker 2: Sorry to be drastic about it. We do hope this podcast may develo at least two percent better today. That's just two percent, So.
Speaker 1: I thank you for listening. Merchtill available on the website. Couple of dot com dot you look have a shop. I'm going to miss everyone. I'm gonna miss you guys on our little break. We'll be back not long. Don't stress. We're gonna recuperate you back better than ever. Good Bye, bye, bye bye.
Speaker 3: Is it just Me?
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of meages.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've had to follow on your podcast up
Speaker 4: And