Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: I'm sweating listening to this.
Speaker 3: My name's Johnny.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 5: Good enough for the Great Gatsbeak, good enough for Auntie Dorry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Thursday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Have it a good week, Patsy, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: You're right? Yeah, seen it flat there like a download with a good morning.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Don't you get your big birthday?
Speaker 6: Yes, my mother was on the phone last night quizzing me, and I said, momma know as much as you know.
Speaker 7: Is your mom still listening to the show?
Speaker 2: Oh every day?
Speaker 5: Oh shout out to mama, pats Yeah.
Speaker 6: She lays in bed, mom and dad and listened to the show and all our antics until night.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Folks got out of bed like at six half six.
Speaker 2: They're awake at that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well you know, we met, we met the daughter, the family, they're all you know, hey, yeah, Patsy, you need to get very excited. It is a treat of treat. So Patsy's been birthdays on Monday, but we're on a two week break. So tomorrow is our fiftieth birthday celebration, a super Bowl of Pats. Oh no, oh, yeah, there's a half time entertainment show. Now you need to book that. By the way, now I've said that because you're expecting something a half seven midway through the show. Yeah, there's a half half time entertainment show. Cheerleaders, Pom Poms service.
Speaker 6: You're not I'm not jumping out of a plane or touching snakes or yeah, I promise.
Speaker 5: You what you can touch the fiftieth birthday and conda out of a plane. I'm worried what you don't need to No, no, I promise you right, it's not a trick.
Speaker 7: It's not a trick.
Speaker 5: This is just genuinely you were Actually, the first words will be after the tears. You'll just say thank you.
Speaker 7: You'll fall on your knees.
Speaker 2: It feels like a send off, like it's bye bye.
Speaker 5: Pats. Always fantasized about what that day you will be like, but I know which way is going to go.
Speaker 7: You'll be sent in Jack and I off.
Speaker 5: You will outlet. You've outlived all the hosts that have sat in this chair. You will outlet. You're like a cockroach in a new killar falled out. You will survive. You will outlive all of us, everyone who's here. You'll see each one of us off one by one.
Speaker 2: I think that's huggy Jackie boy.
Speaker 7: What's going on with the baby passport?
Speaker 3: Then it's here.
Speaker 5: Off to America.
Speaker 3: Four o'clock yesterday knocked on the door. The passport arrived. So thank you to everybody who said yesterday danding On South Sorting Facility is a great facility.
Speaker 8: That were right.
Speaker 5: They were right.
Speaker 7: They sorted that baby passport out.
Speaker 3: There on the move. Special things, particularly to the workers there, Rodney who works on the inside, and Dirk who works on the outside.
Speaker 5: Together they formed a team like Danny O'shan Ocean's eleven. There they got baby Gordon his passport.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was even any special treatment for for me asking yesterday. It's just standing sound. They're on it. They are on it, so thank you, oh.
Speaker 7: God, he's become a real believer now they are. It's like an evangelist.
Speaker 3: Let me show you.
Speaker 5: Let me shout out to Dan Andong.
Speaker 7: Sound Sorting Facility. He get his phone and won. You had a selfie with the building yesterday.
Speaker 3: I want to show you his photo for some reason. Now he doesn't have this haircut in real life, but for some reason, in his passport photo he's got the Lloyd haircut from Dumb and Dumber.
Speaker 5: What a baby? He looks like some sort of Russian terrorists. Why is that one of the guys from the dm AS time. What's going on? That is not a baby. He looks like it's a Russian gangster.
Speaker 3: Okay, I hope they let him through on this past.
Speaker 5: We'll not let that person in. They were not let that person in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday on the show and then we were doing our eighties out of the nineties and it's all about the letter P. Jack and I rewatched the point break over the weekend and went through that, and then the letter P was also about the posters you had on your bedroom wall and were started to get into a strange area with the posters on A warned I've got.
Speaker 7: To be honest. I took us there.
Speaker 5: I made it a little bit weird. And I'm not the only one that did this. A lot of other people have come forward since my words yesterday about a poster I had in my bedroom war when I was in my early teens.
Speaker 7: You know when you.
Speaker 5: Had a certain chapter in your teenage journey, things.
Speaker 2: Are changing, raging hormones and all that.
Speaker 5: Thank you back to call the chapter on that being raging hormones, raging more raging hormones that they're raging. The changes are aggressive for a young boy, a young boy who had a a kind of shrine to Sasannah Hoffs from the Bengals. Just a poster, but it was right by my pillow, so I would literally touch the poster before going to bed, all right, And all it was was a friendly touch of a young, innocent child with raging hormones.
Speaker 7: This is now press conference. My name is Jordan de Going.
Speaker 3: So stroke or just.
Speaker 7: There's no stroking.
Speaker 5: Involved the ranging hormones. There was no stroking involved. It was simply just like a pat, nice pat, A nice part. That's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and pats who you You used to have a relationship with some of your posters.
Speaker 6: Jason Donovan his neighbour's poster with his big mullet and a pink shirt and I think he had like a pink denim shirt and I used to kiss it.
Speaker 2: Every night. It was right up near my bed head.
Speaker 3: And is it true that you cut out a little hole on his lips so you could put your tongue.
Speaker 5: Some kind of glory hole.
Speaker 3: That's something else that's just not on.
Speaker 2: That was you with your dragons?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dungeon or those wages hats you and I will not be judged by you. There's a teenage boy who basically, with his raging hormones, had ten friends. At night, he would line up wizards watching him to do. Goodness, those what.
Speaker 3: With your little The wizards had nothing to do with Ragie?
Speaker 5: Why were they in the bedroom?
Speaker 3: Wind just lived there because people thought.
Speaker 5: They live their daddy and were even touching the widows the point of the various points of the pentangle.
Speaker 2: And you've still got the same posters?
Speaker 7: Am I not just that Patsy?
Speaker 5: He also this is a guy who who arranged a mysterious shelf.
Speaker 3: The shelf existed, The shelf was already above the bed, the shelf like a prison boat.
Speaker 5: And who was up there on the top? And what she now? She was the top, You are the bottom. What we want to know is did anyone else kiss my wife used to kiss her? Luke skywalk poster good night every night like that before when she was I think she was thirty two. Anyone else have a relationship with their poster?
Speaker 3: Did you touch your poster in any way?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Was it a kind of shine? And this isn't an adult thing. This is when you're a teenager. You know, Jack had his little wizards half skepped me through that period in my life. Patsy had Jason Donovan. I hope you had somebody. The other thing to this, right, So posters on your teenage bedroom walls, did you have any kind of relationship with them? Touching, patting, winking whatever? It was all right, I said winking. Some want to make that crystal clip hashtags. It's not winks and it's not just and no. The other thing is yesterday we didn't read this out on air, but one of you, pat said that he had a poster, right, So everyone was like, everyone was calling in. They were like, oh, that made sense. There were big stars of the eighties and nineties. Yeah, and then he said he had a poster of Kevin Rudd. That's weird, I know, Patsy, this is amazing, right, Kevin Rudd in his bedroom a poster of Kevin Rudd.
Speaker 7: Now, nothing against Kevin Rudd.
Speaker 5: Oh it's not a political thing, but these are teenage bedrooms who's raging hormones. Are taking him down the poster shop and saying, have you got any Kevin rudds literally, thank god you're here today. This is the last one we had. All the mail and monros have gone and we're down to a last Kevin Rudd. There's a load of Back to the Future ones, but there's only one Rud. There's only one Ruddy. So that's a strange poster. We want to know weird posters like that as well, So anything to do with posters. Welcome to the poster Our.
Speaker 1: Theo Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian, I just finished listening to yesterday's podcast. Do we know how Alfred's early morning proposal went? Somem Lisa. No, we haven't heard from him since yesterday. We've tried to get hold of in the team, trying to reach out to Alfred after the show.
Speaker 7: He is in the wind. We do not know what's happened or whether it's just wrapping up that poem.
Speaker 3: We can only imagine that she said yes and they're out celebrating somewhere and no time to pick up the phone.
Speaker 7: That's not the way I've been pitching it. I've got to be honest. I love the optimism thing, all right.
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one o four three posters on your teenage bedroom wall? Did you touch them?
Speaker 7: Did you have a relationship with him? Did he kiss them?
Speaker 5: Good night? Jacqueline Christian Juran Duran fifteen year old me would kiss Simon Lebon good night every night on the lips. Christian bit random, But I had Michael J. Fox on my wall. It's not random at all. If he was a guy who worked down you know, the print shop, that's random. He was one of the biggest movie stars in the world. He's like the biggest Stu the eighties. Says nothing random about it.
Speaker 3: If you had Doc Brown up there, that's random.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yes, Christian, I would kiss Michael J. Fox good night. This is song Heaven with my ice pink lipstick. I petted my John Bon Joviy posters so heavily eventually kissed away his entire mouth, exposing slobbered clipboard wallpaper underneath. That's the spirit of my youth right there. I had a double sided poster, one side with Stevin Nix. The other was Kim Wilde. I made sure they both got equal time facing me in the bedroom throughout the week squad rotation. Don't worry, ladies, you're both going to get time with the Jase. It's okay. I have bond Jovi and I would always kiss him good night. I then started two timing him with Johnny depp arrival poster next to him, but they both got extra caresses at bedtime. These are great nine four one four one o four three. Good morning Sarah, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 5: We got Sarah? So Sarah?
Speaker 7: Who was on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 9: I was absolutely utterly obsessed with new kids on the block. There was not one piece of my room wasn't covered with it. The roof included, and I had doing it as pajamas. My nan crocheted, you know and new Kids on.
Speaker 10: The block you know blanket for me and surprised me with it. I used to kiss Joe because Joe was my favorite.
Speaker 9: Just above my bed, I kiss him good night and then I sleep could kissing to the others and they thank you for bringing me so much joy today, like you guys do.
Speaker 11: I love I love music, and mom.
Speaker 10: Shouted me to their concept and she got me a badge of Jordan's.
Speaker 12: I'm like, well, why did you bring me?
Speaker 13: Don't worth it now?
Speaker 14: She was just like she didn't get it.
Speaker 5: This is so delightful. I have to say, this is so nice. I love your nan, your mum.
Speaker 7: What an awesome family you had?
Speaker 10: Oh they Yeah, music is just you know, sets me free and listening to you guys all day, like I never feel sad, really so, and that's how they used to make me feel.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's incredible. What was it like when he finally got to see them? Did it live up to the bedroom hype?
Speaker 15: Absolutely? And I knew all the moves and everything.
Speaker 5: They were huge, weren't they new kids on the block. Just massive they were. And it was also a pretty internet as well. So actually, in a way I think made it bigger. They were somehow bigger because nowadays you can see all you're finavorite bands on Instagram and videos and stuff like that. The scarcity made it even more potent, I think, which is why we video.
Speaker 9: Thanks were so good, you know video hits. I used to sit there in front of.
Speaker 10: The TV much video It's constantly and rage, you know, the film clips and stuff.
Speaker 5: Look, you know what, Sarah, I've got a pair of tickets. I was going to give them away later on the show, but you're such a big proper music fan. We've got a pair of tickets. All the tickets gone SOEU today at Ticketmaster to one Electric Day. It's back at morning and Racecourse, Susy Quatro noise works, the Angels, Baby.
Speaker 10: Animal, that would be amazing.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to give you the all right, I'll give you the tickets.
Speaker 10: Dragging for me all the time, which I just love.
Speaker 9: So thank you.
Speaker 7: Awesome, all right, Sarah, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You cool.
Speaker 10: Thanks Dal have a great day. Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Well, christ you know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Nicky's actually listening to this and she's gone on Google and she's trying to find the exact Brad Pitt posts that she used to have. She just found it. She sent to me. It's the one when he Brad first came on the scene of Legends of the Fall, when he had that long lash. Yes. Yes, my nan bought it for me for my birthday when I was twelve. Its ushered me into my teenage years.
Speaker 7: Christian.
Speaker 5: I remember kissing it every single night, kissing brand good night, Christian. With the help and friends, I liberated a life sized cardboard cut out of Kate Bush from a local record shop. Did you steal Kate Number one? At the moment all around the world that yeah, you freed her. This is in my bedroom for many years. Sometimes I would cuddle her.
Speaker 3: Why is that creepier than the kiss?
Speaker 5: It is so much creepier. It just is.
Speaker 7: We all know you can't explain it, but it just is.
Speaker 5: And then there was a Miss Piggy poster as well, who was looking on and looking not too happy with the ongoings on.
Speaker 7: That's from Steve Christian.
Speaker 5: I was a massive drawn Travolta fan back in the eighties, and I would kiss his big dimple on the post. Just seeing some of these names, Erica Elania from Baywatch. I haven't said that name in about twenty years, Christian. I would kiss her good night. Christian had an early Madonna poster, still have it. Always blew her a kiss, and then I would bow to Bruce Springsteen the other side of the What a performance every night you were doing there with it?
Speaker 7: You didn't bown to Madonna?
Speaker 5: But what if you got the confused Some nights, Christian, I used to fall asleep under the watchful gaze of my Susie Quatro poster that was on the bedroom scening Diane, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 12: I had a personal relationship with a Darryl Bracewait poster on my wall when I was about thirty.
Speaker 5: This is great.
Speaker 7: It sounds like some sort of therapy sharing group, now doesn't.
Speaker 5: My name's Diane, I learned.
Speaker 16: Had a key's passionately saying sweat poster again, somebody else said it does the curie right.
Speaker 17: After all, there was an.
Speaker 5: Earlier lady who said that she petted her John bon Jovi poster so much it wore out his mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of does.
Speaker 11: And now look, come at the station and people can hear me.
Speaker 15: This has to stop.
Speaker 5: You need to contain yourself to carry on at work or you'll be back there in that bedroom down.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 5: You have a good day, Thank you very much. Cheers, Sue, good morning author are you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: But who did you have any your bedroom wall.
Speaker 12: Suite wasn't so much a poster as the insult of the cassette tape back in the seventies. Yeah, I wasn't allowed to put the poster on the wall. But I loved these roles and I used to get the insert of that cassette tape and hag it every night I went to bed. I was so in love with Derek.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you allowed the posters waving some sort of teenage penitentiary?
Speaker 7: Did you have the dad John let go from footloose ban dancing?
Speaker 3: Even Andy Frey was allowed of poster on the wall and big.
Speaker 12: One the posters from el cassette.
Speaker 16: So I was never let it put them on the wall.
Speaker 8: So I used to get the covers and I husband.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the forbidden fruit.
Speaker 17: Oh I love Jaery.
Speaker 5: These callss are my favorite the year. So this is another great call. I'm going to send your price. Oh thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: I get the feeling you're still hugging the little cassette.
Speaker 5: Right now and we're both in a roll with losty amazing, So thank you very much to be call.
Speaker 3: She's getting dreamy.
Speaker 5: At the end, they both were, Oh.
Speaker 7: We're going to get to work. It's all too much Christian.
Speaker 5: Who we're going to Michelle?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 12: My daughter says about my daughter. She was between about the ages of seven and thirteen, had a Justin Bieber poster and was actually a cardboard cutout. She used to kiss him three times every night before she went to bed all and she's going away for greater than you know, one or two nights. She'd have to kiss him those extra three times before she would go for so much that she kissed his head off.
Speaker 5: Mouth being passed off.
Speaker 3: She kissed his head off, decapitated.
Speaker 5: God, what a story news.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you know we're still what he's hit in the box.
Speaker 5: It's like seven. Oh what calls today, Michelle will send your prize. That was outstanding. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Thank you, have a great day.
Speaker 5: Our job is supposed to make you guys laugh. You've actually really made us laugh. These calls are brilliant.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Great Courses. Want to thank you very much to about posters you had on your teenage bedroom walls and did you have some kind of relationship with them.
Speaker 7: I'm so relieved it wasn't just me.
Speaker 5: So many great images today, Justin Bieber's head been kissed off, John onn Jove his mouth being kissed off. Heavy scenes today guys. Jack was a chatting to with Joel, and Jack said, we have to get Joel's story. It's a very different take on posters on your wall.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Joel, morning cursing the morning carew there a we going, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We're good, Joe.
Speaker 7: So Joe, tell us about the poster on your bedroom wall.
Speaker 14: So in the nineties, as a teenager, probably about fifteen sixteen years old, I had a few car posts up in the wall and there was one car I had an affidi with. I don't know what it was. I wasn't a big fan of the model at the timn, but that car itself was absolutely gorgeous. And about the age of eighteen, I started seeing a girl i'd met and she was a car girl and we got chatted after a few days of chatting, and she said, well, car show on Monday night. Would you like to come with gotall be with his car. And I said, oh yeah, let's go see his car. And we're theud in the cars. And the poster on my wall was actually owned by her father.
Speaker 7: That is incredible.
Speaker 14: Yeah, to this day, I actually still have the post from his car folded up in a box in my garage.
Speaker 5: Do you know what. There'd be a lot of petrol heads and kitas who are dying to probably know what that car is. When you get back or next see the poster, take a picture of it and send it.
Speaker 9: I know what it is.
Speaker 14: I actually speak to originally, he's a my mechanical advisor. As such, I ring him for advice. I bought a new car last week. I actually rang him to asking midwife on the model of the car and what he thought and things like that, and yeah, I'm still I'm still in touch with the feel I don't date her anymore, obviously, but I'm still in touch with the family and we get along the fine. And I even told my family about the story of the poster and my bron in law I told a few years ago and he didn't believe me. And he actually met the gentleman a few weeks ago at.
Speaker 5: His house and he was like, Wow, you flashed this out now to a movie mate or like a kind of podcast series. It's amazing. But whole story about this magical, not the result time machine. Bless you all right, thank you, Jay, you go one of chat scholers.
Speaker 8: A brainer.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Please gather around the radio. There's going to be some acting that is so powerful right now as we take track through the steps that he's going to need to do under pressure.
Speaker 3: In just forty eight hours time, that's right, at nine thirty Saturday, I'll be in the airport, will recreate airport conditions this morning, and I've just got one. I've got actually, now.
Speaker 5: We're already there.
Speaker 7: The sound effects, I've played them off.
Speaker 5: We're there. We're at the airport.
Speaker 7: This is airport ambiance.
Speaker 3: What we needed was a special travel prem that fits.
Speaker 7: In so mate, I think that's my flight sorry carry, No, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 3: The PRAM fits. It's its cabin approved, so it fits in overhead luggage. It's tiny. Look at this, it looks like the kind of small business suit.
Speaker 5: Patsy wasn't Isn't that like half the size of the travel buggies we had when my daughters were younger where they needed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had big, heavy, emo younger things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is just carst eyeing fingers off when you were trying to fold them away. So we urged Jack because he's flying for the first time with his little baby Sonny, it's only four months old. They've got a very long flight ahead of them to LA on Saturday. You need to get on these travel buggies, and not just that, you need to practice under duress assembling it and then putting it away because there'd be people queuing behind you who are nervous.
Speaker 7: We're all flying again. It's going to be stressful comes Saturday.
Speaker 3: And it isn't unfamiliar prayer to me. This is the first time that I've touched it. It came in yesterday. And the idea is I get my son in and out of this quickly. Like we're in the line for the airport.
Speaker 5: I can't do what he's explaining it, like we've never heard of such a thing. Also like it's a snake oil salesman. The idea is I get my son and.
Speaker 3: Nothing sleeve.
Speaker 6: It's true though people are breathing down the back of your neck, an you conscious of taking time putting stuff up there by pressure?
Speaker 3: So bort in some versions of my son that we can choose from. Oh, either a Sharon footy, a ream of paper?
Speaker 5: Have you made your son yet? I mean, how is the realm of a four paper from the printer? Meant to be a makeshift sun.
Speaker 6: It probably weighs as much as a free kind of that Lays brought Audrey's baby, Beyonn in for.
Speaker 5: You to bring an order. Really, seven year old?
Speaker 3: Have we only thought of the ten minutes ago? I use the The footy is a good yes, okay, so I'll.
Speaker 5: Hold you do the boarding calls, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 3: I'll try and wrestle the new treble prayer amount.
Speaker 5: This is the final boarding call for the l A flight from Melbourne to l A final boarding call. What all pastors, including elderly and those who have babies, please make their way to gate three.
Speaker 3: No, I've just passed security and need the treble Prayer opening.
Speaker 7: Harry out mate, I've got an elderly passenger.
Speaker 5: Can you get on with it right? Rio time him?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 5: Okay, go, I wouldn't worry about that water brew thing. Just jettison that jackie boy. He's now bent over trying it.
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: See this? This this already is bad. This is bad, holding.
Speaker 2: Gordon from the feet upside down.
Speaker 5: Could all passengers please now board the plane. We've had the elderly people on. There is an idiot stuck in the gangway at the moment literally progress. There's an Instagram influencer who's ruining everyone's trip.
Speaker 7: No, this is too long. You need to have to do this like one handed.
Speaker 5: RHEO.
Speaker 7: What's all the time? Forty seconds so far?
Speaker 3: Plane, I've got it open?
Speaker 5: No, okay to rio the schools of laws? How long did it take him? Fifty seconds to get it open? And then fifty nine seconds with the baby.
Speaker 3: Just enough time to get on the floor.
Speaker 2: You've got to put the brake on. I don't forget to put the brake on or it'll go down the aisle.
Speaker 5: Has anyone ever heard of a baby hurtling into a plane. Come on, mister Gone, I need to check your tickets out. All right, let's play a song when you come back. You've got to get under forty seconds, all right, now, you know how work. It's gotta get under forty seconds.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 7: We'll making Jack post practice today.
Speaker 5: What is going to be doing under duress and stress Saturday morning at the airport. Every single mom and dad when there were babies had to do this high pressure task the folding away and then assembling the travel buggy while there's a plane load of people desperate to get on their seat and sit down.
Speaker 3: We even had a call the last week who said, it's not the baby on the actual plane that's the problem. It's the transiting. It's getting through security, it's getting to the gate. So having this travel plan set up properly is my goal today.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we have the airports sound effects. We've gone back.
Speaker 8: So just now.
Speaker 5: It took Jack fifty seconds to get that travel buggy ready. You need to be sub thirty is what you need to be by Saturday.
Speaker 3: I've got the sharing which is playing my son, my.
Speaker 5: Three month You've just been kicking around the studio.
Speaker 3: He's under what He's tucked under one arm, So I've got one arm to get the travel prayer open. Oh no, the gates are closing.
Speaker 5: Start the tim out, start the timer rio.
Speaker 3: I've just been through security. Got to get the trouble prayer.
Speaker 5: Maybe if you just focus on less of the acts in more than doing. Is that an audition for home in a whale or something a bad one at that?
Speaker 2: Oh your fingers.
Speaker 3: I just put my son on the ground for a thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's fine. You see that all the times.
Speaker 5: Twenty seconds it's so much quicker.
Speaker 7: He's gliding through.
Speaker 5: This is he in?
Speaker 3: I feel pretty good? He'll say the stop.
Speaker 5: What are we at? Well done, You've shaved off fifteen seconds. You're ready to travel now and.
Speaker 3: I'm on the flight. Bye everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you put him down. You can't be putting him on the floor. You need to carry you, you know, your baby carry out.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it hasn't required you saying to him after four months have been a dad.
Speaker 7: You can't put them on the floor.
Speaker 3: It's like the five seconds for all he was really down seconds.
Speaker 5: The Christian Connell Show podcast Christian, I know you've moved on, but took about posters you had in your teenage bedroom. I had the iconic standard of liver Adam man one. I used to hide behind my wardrobe door when I was changing in case he saw me. No peaking at a man, No peaking all right. Every Wednesday on the show, we take your calls the weakest claim to fame? Will we ask you what is the weakest claim to face? You've got no claim to fame is two weak for us today we want to do a special version of that where it is only about prime ministers and presidents, whether you've got any kind of weak claim to fame involving a former leader anywhere in the world here in Australia.
Speaker 16: Business like show business.
Speaker 8: I shook hands with President Clinton across the Crown Casino car park back in twenty fifteen. Yeah, I am sorry, John Howard, during the time of coming off games. You were in there, a wimpy truckty you would a sweep in the back of the car.
Speaker 17: The former Prime Minister Malcolm Turndle broke into my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face.
Speaker 5: We await eagerly your calls and please remember if you hesitate like it was such a minor thing, that is exactly we celebrate that. It's all about that. No claim to fame is ever two week so today anything involving a prime minister or a president, a former one, whoever it is, wherever you were, we want to hear about it. Best goal we get between now and give you a bear tickets go and sell today, Susie Guatros headline this year One Electric Day, It's Back. Tickets are sound now at Ticketmaster. You can win a double pass right now to go and see one Electric day morning to racecourse.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Business, My show Business.
Speaker 8: I shook hands with President Clinton across the Crown Casino car park back in twenty fifteen. Yeah, I'm sorry, John Howard during the time of the coming off games.
Speaker 3: You were in there a windy tuckty.
Speaker 8: You were a sweep in the back.
Speaker 4: Of the car.
Speaker 8: Former Prime Minister Maltam Turndle broke into my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face.
Speaker 5: The World Leaders, Edition nine four one four one oh four three up. First we have you Bill. Good morning, Bill, Good morning.
Speaker 11: I nearly ran into the former Prime Minister John Howard on my bicycle along the Yarra River.
Speaker 7: So what happened was out for early morning stroll And yeah, it was just after.
Speaker 11: Six and I was riding in the work and him in his entourage of about half dozen guys came between the rowing sheds and just I missed him by a couple of cinematers and they surrounded me. And yeah, and didn't let me go.
Speaker 15: For a.
Speaker 5: Terrorist who was worried about his carbon footbridge.
Speaker 3: I also like that you call his security details onto.
Speaker 7: The if you mantually get that close to him on a bicycle.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and he was leading who was in front, but he was wearing his Australian tracksuit, so I couldn't do that to him.
Speaker 5: All right, Bill, thank you very much, she called me. Having a good day you too, Bye, Joe, Morning Joe.
Speaker 7: What is your week claim to fame involving a world leader?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I was on the same time at the same time as the Italian president in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that now in twenty twenty two, that's still he finally gets it deserved recognition. Yeah. Yeah. And who was the leader of Italy then?
Speaker 17: I think he was President Casga. He now advertising in Italy at the time, and the news that he already had arrived in Australia. And I remember it was a Friday night. We're leaving Rome and forget to Roam Airport. That's the security and there's all these police bodyguards with machine guns standing shoulder of the shoulder, and we get this scarded to the plane and there's all these street tarpets that we're walking under red.
Speaker 15: Tarpet and behind him.
Speaker 17: Ministers right behind us.
Speaker 5: And where did he see? He didn't sit with you guys he's stowing the overhead.
Speaker 17: I would ride at the last the last row of the planned the seven forty seven, but he was just sat in the front. But apparently he got off in Singapore when kept on down to Melbourne. But yeah, but in Italy old saying that he had arrived. I would just be worried about security.
Speaker 8: We were a bit worried. Once we're seeing behind us and he was.
Speaker 17: Born in the plain with us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Joe, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, you too, Greg Christian Greg are you Greg?
Speaker 7: You just emailed me?
Speaker 15: Yes, I am mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, did to give you a call.
Speaker 7: I love this story.
Speaker 5: I thought you've got to do more service than me reading it out. I've printed off the newspaper headline though, which made the daily mail and news all over the world. Please Greg, tell us about what happened to your daughter.
Speaker 15: Well, basically, my daughter was on a tram on the way I think at the plump. She was just going into work and Malcolm Turnbull was doing a whirlwind tour of Melbourne and I would put him on the tram and they had all the reporters with him. And I think you probably want to do a meet and greet with people, and he said opposite my daughter. My daughter for fifteen minutes did not look up at all, just continually looked at her phone until he went away.
Speaker 5: This is when he was leading the country. The headline in the Daily Mail Australia Online that shays Malcolm who commuter appears more interested in her phone than the Prime Minister sitting opposite her on a tram.
Speaker 7: This was on the one O nine to box eel for tram fanas.
Speaker 5: You want to know which one it was.
Speaker 3: But that is everybody knows. On a tram you're not meant to make eye contact with strangers, even if.
Speaker 5: They are the.
Speaker 15: Should know better than that.
Speaker 5: I love that headline, Malcolm who Graig.
Speaker 7: That's great. Thank you very much for sharing it with us today.
Speaker 8: You're very very welcome.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Special version of Your Weakest Claim to Fame involving a world leader, whether it's a Prime Minister, former PM or a president nine four one four one O four three. Harley, Good morning, Harley, good one in Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Harley. So what is your weakest claim to fame? Evolving a world leader.
Speaker 11: So in early twenty fifteen, I was a manager at McDonald's and I served at the Prime Minister Tony Abbott.
Speaker 5: This is huge, probably the biggest ones we've had so far. And can you remember his order? What was he having? He struting him as a nuggets man.
Speaker 8: I think he ordered a quarter pounder.
Speaker 15: The thing that will be sticks in my mind to this day is he ordered extra onion.
Speaker 5: That won't sticking your mind, sir, all those years later, it's still wedged in there, isn't it? Extra onion?
Speaker 8: Definitely? Yeah, extra onion.
Speaker 7: Any want to ask for extra onion? But then I've never led a country. I'm not a leader.
Speaker 5: You know. That's great, Harley, thank you very much. You cool, all right, thank you. Tomorrow the show, do we do a special serving the stars? Who have you served? Hardly? They're kicking that one off early Mark, Good morning Marking, Christian Morning.
Speaker 8: Guys Morning Mark.
Speaker 2: Hey make.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: That's the kind of vibe you.
Speaker 5: Get on this show.
Speaker 7: Still awkward and low Dan ever.
Speaker 5: Said tho to them.
Speaker 7: Obviously they don't know what to do. They're not prime time.
Speaker 5: Mark. What is your hello?
Speaker 13: My wife and I were on holiday and Saba a few years ago, pre kids. So we were lucky enough to stay in the adults only winning of the hotel, and we we booked dinner in our favorite restaurant. We've been there a couple of days, and we were told they'd have to check whether there was availability, and we're like, what are you talking about that? You know it's not that fool We should be fine. So we went out that day on a day trip and when we came back, there were armed guards at every lift of our hotel and we're thinking, what is going on here? We were told we could go to dinner, which was you know, alls a bonus, and when we got there, we were sitting on the table next to Tony Blair and the Sultan and BRUNEI wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what I'm more impressed with the story that involves a sultan. I've never had a phone in like that. We we've always often talked about doing Sultan. The phone in a Sultan and Tony Blair at the same table exactly.
Speaker 13: And then obviously, you know, throughout the night, nature called, so I had to get up and go to the bathroom, so I had to get half the arm guards again to even do that while.
Speaker 5: By the urinals.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they were ever like that was like the Secret Service were everywhere. You couldn't get in the door of the toilet unless you know. I thought it was like the VIP section of a nightclub to try and get in. So I'm standing there doing my business and then I look over as a gentleman stands next to me, and it with Tony himself. We just gave each other that you know, nod and got on with our business.
Speaker 5: So what you're actually at the sort of committee to get into specifics here, but you've put us there. He stood at the urinal next to Tony Blair.
Speaker 13: I did, indeed, and.
Speaker 3: It was one of his security detail come into the actual.
Speaker 5: One of his under his parents and get his old fellow out and.
Speaker 7: I don't worry, I know how you like to have three shakes as well.
Speaker 5: Then he goes back in.
Speaker 13: So they did actually come into the toilet when he came in.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Mark, thank you much, all the all the detail there. We went everywhere. Have a good day.
Speaker 13: Have a good day there you guys.
Speaker 5: Bryce. Hello, Bryce, Helloa, way We're good bye you right Bryce?
Speaker 8: Oh well, no, it just went silent.
Speaker 4: There forticular, No no, no, just checking out.
Speaker 5: A good time.
Speaker 7: No no, no good Is it all right?
Speaker 5: Bryce?
Speaker 7: What is your claim to fame for us?
Speaker 4: Well, it was the first President's Cup at Royal Melbourne and there was me and a few of our mates on a whole. This is a golf tournament on a hole where we could see the players tay off, but they couldn't see where their.
Speaker 15: Balls were landing.
Speaker 14: So we saw all their shots.
Speaker 4: And where the balls landed. So they came down to play their shots and one of the players was going to hit the wrong ball, and so we're all going out to the referee telling him to go and chicken's ball. He's going to hit the wrong shot, which means he'd be penalized for that whole. So the referee went over to the plier and told him, and he turned around and he got down and looked at his ball and went, oh yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: My wrong ball.
Speaker 4: He turned around and goes away.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I said, it's pretty cool, and then all suddenly it is good work guys from behindest with the double bonzie comes up and it was George Bushlinger.
Speaker 5: That impression, what's one of the most powerful ones I thought you'd actually put on the phone there.
Speaker 15: Hell, that guy was.
Speaker 16: Guys, can't hear enough?
Speaker 5: And what it is my ring zone your impression of George. Uh, it's worth it for the impression. Thank you very much, Bryce, brilliant stuff.
Speaker 14: Thank you, good cheers that guy.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian No Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, we've been taking your calls this morning then about your claim to fame involving a world leader or a prime minister. And one of them involved Tony Blam and the Sultan of Bruney. And we've never had a phone call before involving a story involvement. So and start waiting for buses. One comes along and then suddenly there's two. Matt's called in. He's got a story about the Sultan of Brunei.
Speaker 8: Matt, good morning, very good morning, Happy Friday, after you all.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you very much. What is your story involving the Sultan of Brunei?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was working sold just over twenty years ago. I thought the Sultan Durney family was staying there at a call for someone to play PlayStation, but they didn't have it, so I just happened to have one in the back of my car. Funnily enough, went upstairs and sat down on the bed plugging in. Was be able to walk out, and the Sultan said, no, no, no, you have to stay and play PlayStation with my son.
Speaker 5: What a story.
Speaker 8: I was there for, probably be having an hour playing grand Risma.
Speaker 5: What did you play with the Sultan and bruneis son grant Orrisma. That's great and obviously I'm taking it. And when did you Oh, of course yes, his dad's the Sultan of bruneye.
Speaker 8: Other ones.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, Matt, glad we can squeeze you in.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, mate, Thanks you.
Speaker 1: By Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: So on Monday we announced the great news Billy Joel is returning to Australia for one night only right here in Melbourne, the only show he's doing in Australia this year at the MCG Saturday Night with Billy under the Lights. It's going to be incredible December tenth in an always live exclusive. Tickets go on sell in about a week and a half time July the fourth. More information at front hit touring dot com and during the next twenty minutes we have Billy Joel on the show.
Speaker 7: So when I was chatting to Billy. We kicked off in America over the weekend.
Speaker 5: It had just been Father's Day, so I started off by asking Billy how was Father's Day for him?
Speaker 18: Billy Joel, Well, they woke me up and then we went fishing. I live on the water, so we went out in Oyster Bay and went fishing.
Speaker 5: You've got three daughters, Billy. Can you feel how it's shaped you over the years.
Speaker 18: Oh? Yeah, It's one of my favorite things. And what I'm doing is I'm getting to relive when my oldest daughter was a baby all over again. It's so cute. You tend to forget over time how adorable they are when they're small, and that's what I'm having right now now.
Speaker 5: It's amazing news you come into Australia. Australia is very very excited. Was this decision to come back to Australia got anything to do with your kids being into Bluey?
Speaker 18: Yes it does. They're big Bluie fans. We've been watching Blue for a while now and I keep telling them that that's Australia, that's Australia. So I'm excited to bring them there.
Speaker 7: And so it's rare for you these days to leave America. This is a big deal. We're lucky to get you on the plane.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I don't like being on the road that much. I'm a homebody these days. I spend so much time on the road in my younger years that I don't like being away from home. I don't like being away from the family. I don't like being away from where I live, and I rarely go too many places anymore. I'm pretty much a Homeboddy.
Speaker 7: Why do you still do any of it?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 7: Why do you still do some gigs? Biddy? What does it mean to you still now?
Speaker 18: Well, it's a great job. It's the best job in the world. You get to play for people who really enjoy being with you. You know, you see people's faces light up, they sing along, they're having a great time. They all go yay at the end of your work, and then they give you basketfuls of money. It's a wonderful job. I'm a very lucky guy.
Speaker 5: How many years ago I was lucky enough to interview Mick Jagger and I said the same thing to him, Like, because he goes to this grueling fitness regime, training for hours and hours, and you see him live he's NonStop. I said, why do you still do it? And he said, this is my job. What else would I do? I'd get bored.
Speaker 7: This is what my joy is. I guess it must be the same thing for you.
Speaker 5: When you're up there and you're hearing people still enjoying your music, you're getting a kick that you got to have this life. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I've talked to other artists about it too. I talked to McCartney, I talked to Don Henley. I've talked to Bob Dylan about what are you guys gonna do now?
Speaker 3: Like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 18: And they said, We're gonna keep doing what we do. You spend your whole life learning how to do it, and you get pretty damn good at it, and it's enjoyable to do. What else are you gonna do? Sit around and watch the Telly? I mean, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're getting into the second part of our exclusive Billy Choe chat right now. When I was chatting to Billy, I talked about how, over the last couple of years we've seen these amazing rock star movies like The Elton John One, Rocketman, The Queen One, with Freddie Mercury. He must have been approached over the years about doing the Billy Joel movie.
Speaker 18: That's been asked about a couple of times, and people have sent me scripts called the Piano Man. It's like, okay, that story has been told. You know, I'm not super glamorous and typical rock and roll guy. I my home buddy. I tend to be kind of boring, but when we're on stage, we kick it. But a bio pic of me, I don't know. I don't even know if i'd go see it.
Speaker 5: I love the honesty, Billy. I love also the fact that you're a period in your life now where you just know what you like. Now you don't need to worry about pleasing everybody else.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that is good about being this age. I'm now seventy three years old and there's a lot of stuff I don't even care about anymore that I used to get all heated up about. Priorities change and things get a lot clearer and a lot easier, especially when you're this age.
Speaker 5: To tell me this, do you ever get nervous? So when you come over to the mcg and I know you're used to playing stadium so many over the years. But do you ever still sometimes get nerves? What happens beforehand?
Speaker 18: Well, if we've been off for a long time, like during this COVID bit, there was a two year period where we couldn't work at all, and when I was going back to work work in a Madison Square garden, I got butterflies. Are we going to be any good? Can I still sing? Blah blah blah? Yeah I was nervous. I was, but only after a long break. If we've been keeping going and playing on a regular basis, No, I don't get nervous. That's my job.
Speaker 5: And does it sometimes when you still have the nerves, does it remind you how exciting it is to go and play live, you know, in front of so many people you're on night out, it's always exciting.
Speaker 18: I mean, look, I get asked all the time, what do you do? What's your regimen that you do to get psyched up for the show? And I say, who needs to get sacked up for the show? Well, on stage and there's twenty thousand people going.
Speaker 1: Alah, Then you get sacked up.
Speaker 18: They make a lot of noise and you know, girls are screaming, and it becomes a community and it's really exciting. It's a lot of fun. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Speaker 5: You're right, And I think if there's one thing we learn out of all the money things we learned during COVID and lockdown, there's something special that happens in that live shared experience that's still really magical, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Betty?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, it's a kind of sorcery. It's almost not being a musician, it's being a magician because they're getting hypnotized with what you're doing. And there's a line in Piano Man that I get to towards the enders shows that and he knows that it's me. They've been coming to see to forget about life for a while, and the audience comes out with this sound like yeah, like you took them away from the bad news for a while, and that's a great feeling.
Speaker 5: And who does that for you? Who do you enjoy listening to? Who takes you away for a while? You know, when you're out there on your fishing boat and you stick on some music, who do you listen to?
Speaker 18: You know what? I listened to classical music. Nowadays, I don't know a lot of modern pop. I know Taylor Swift, I know Olivia Roudrigo, I know a couple of hits here and there, but I don't listen to that often. My daughters do. They're the ones who get me to listen to the new pop. But I've usually listened to class music, and I find it to be thrilling.
Speaker 7: And is that what your mom originally wanted you to do?
Speaker 5: Does she want to steer you to sort of in a son who play classical music, you know, rather than sort of, you know, noisy rock and roll.
Speaker 7: Is that what mom wanted originally for you?
Speaker 18: No, she just wanted me to be a musician. She wanted me to enjoy music. She loved classical music, but she also loved Broadway. She liked the blues, so she was pretty open eyed about it. She loved the Beatles, and so did I. And you know, I was really lucky that my mom pushed me to do it. You had to learn some classical music to learn how to play the instrument, but that helped me a good deal as far as writing goes. So I love it all. I like all of it.
Speaker 5: I heard you your version of McCartney's maybe. I'm amazed you do an amazing version of that. Is that one of your favorite McCartney songs.
Speaker 18: It's a fun song to sing. It's way up there. He's still singing his original keys. He's eighty years old.
Speaker 5: How's he doing?
Speaker 18: Don't must be the vegetarian day?
Speaker 5: It's all the tofu Billy?
Speaker 18: Maybe so, but it's working for him. I mean he can still hit those notes. I've had to drop a few keys here and there. I want from being a tenant of being a baritone, But I don't mind. It's natural.
Speaker 5: And how will you know, Billy, when you don't get that buzz anymore? How will you know when it's when it's time? Do you ever think about that? Yeah?
Speaker 18: I think the audience is going to let me know. When you finish your show and you get this, you're never going to get that. Then it's time to get off the bleed stage.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's what you call the last shows you ever do? They get off the bleeding stage tour, that's what you call your very last shows you ever do?
Speaker 18: Billy Well, I have a whole plan for my farewell tour. It's it's going to be like this. You charge you know what you usually charge for tickets and The stage setup looks like a living room and it's surrounded with bulletproof grass. I come out, ladies and gentlemen, Billy Joe. I have my little TV remote clicker with me, and I sit down and I have a sandwich and I watched TV for a while. And the audience starts to go boo boo boo, and they boo me, and then they throw stuff at the glass, but it's bulletproof so they can't get to me. And then about fifteen minutes into that, I pick up a microphone and say, hey, I just said I was gonna be here. I didn't say I was going to do anything. And then you'll know that there's a bond between me and that audience. They will never pay another nickel to see me again. That's a fair goal.
Speaker 3: I get the feeling.
Speaker 7: This is what you're planning when you come to Australia in December.
Speaker 5: It is that the show.
Speaker 18: Now we'll do a show.
Speaker 5: Phew, that's good news. People are very very excited about you coming over. Betty Well, listen. Thank you very much for speaking to us. It's been a joy, and thank you for your amazing music over the years. Strangers was one of those you know, there are those certain albums and songs that remind you of your mom and dad. For me, it's that album my mum used to play over and over again, both sides on vinyl when I was a young kid. So you've been a big part of my life as a kid and growing up. Billy and I'll be there in December at the MCG when he come to Melbourne. So I'm looking forward to seeing the show.
Speaker 18: A great We're looking forward to seeing you.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Billy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian loved hearing Billy Joel on the show. In nineteen ninety eight, Billy Joel had a huge gig with Elton John. I was lucky enough to be there with my dad. The show was smashed by an enormous storm that night, I mean really bad, but they both soldiered on. They were amazing. I'll be there again, not my dad this time. He's no longer with us, but his spirit will be there. I'll be buying the tickets. Carl wait to see Billy Joel back at the MCG. Nicole love an email. Thank you very much, Carl and Brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christiano Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We love getting your calls, we love getting your stories, we love getting your emails as well. We called it Late to the Party where you can join in anything we've ever talked about the show.
Speaker 7: We never moved completely on from anything Late.
Speaker 5: Kim left this message for us yesterday.
Speaker 15: Hey, Christian, it's Kim here.
Speaker 16: This morning, you were talking about Point Break. The movie was one of my favorite movies back in the day and to day. I still have the original DVD in plastic, never opened, thinking that it was going to become limited editions sometime in the future. And yeah, that would be It's just quite funny you're talking about this and I have an original collection.
Speaker 5: Lovely, Kim. It's given us an idea. Maybe we've all done that where you put something aside. I know what time, that'd be worth some money in the years to come. I've said that so many times about stuff which is essentially worthless.
Speaker 3: Now we'll be waiting a long time I think for a Point Break DVD to become what.
Speaker 7: I want to live in that world.
Speaker 5: Well, that becomes the thing, the new bitcoin, all right, Christian, you were talking to the on the show the other day about competitions that you'd ent did When we were younger, my sister and I entered a raffle at a local country show to win a pony A big prize, isn't it prize? We didn't win, but as well as up, we got a crocheted blanket. That's some Tanya Christian took. Hi. About competitions you entered remind me of a story My university lecturer told us. He was a mathematician and his speciality was linear programming, which is computing using linear equations. We don't need to know to optimize in numerical solution, he told us. Once he was in the DA Dentists weighting room. I had no interest in any of the magazines, but he flicked through what he thought was the least Dulles Glider's monthly. How can they fill an entire magazine of glider talk? Anyway, He found a competition page with a puzzle grid, and there were ten locations and the object was to find the shortest route to visit all. This is Rybazzali, so he entered it. He removed the puzzle page, took it home, entered all the coordinates and let the computing do all the work. He got his arm, sold it down, post it in. He was curious to know whether he won, so he went to his news agent for the next couple of months and he found that he had won his prize, a year's subscription the gliding month.
Speaker 7: That's great, And this is an email from Mandy. He was actually on a yesterday.
Speaker 5: We're talking about posters on the bedroom wall and she mentioned she had that massive Guns and Roses one was like a metal one.
Speaker 3: Got from the record store.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Christiana's me Mandy again. As I mentioned, I seriously thinking about it. I'd love to have that Guns and Roses poster and laminated to save it for any more rips. I was wondering, please, if you had been to ask on earthf there's anyone who has a giant laminating machine that can do one meter with totally The standard is a busy show and you can't know what we're actually gonna be late for the news. It's always worth asking, Amanda, You're quite right. Let's find out, then, what is Melbourne's biggest laminating machine. Can anyone laminate a Guns and Roses poster that's a meter wide?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: On International T Day, Today's International T Day.
Speaker 7: Oh no, not this story again, Rio.
Speaker 5: It feels like every twelve months he offers up that story about empresor shen Nung. I know, other producer of other shows must have their favorite go to bits only on the show.
Speaker 7: When we have a guy who's got.
Speaker 5: Two degrees and stuck in a you know, an intellectually challenging job like this, who wants to hear when it is International Tea Day, offers up the story Emperor Shane, you can.
Speaker 7: Literally date for diary this time. Next year, the Emperor will be back.
Speaker 3: Let's see if I can do it for a memory. The Emperor is sitting with a glass of hot water and some leaves blue into his water.
Speaker 5: Emperor shen Nung discovered tea in his back guard. Who one day win blue leaves or wild tree. You're quite right, jack Into's pot boiling water. Sip this intriguing broo. What's this?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 7: I just invented tea and was instantly in charge.
Speaker 5: Why is delicate flavor and refreshing effect. Well, he's got it away for the fourth year running, world Ane, Rio, look forward to it again. We'll see you next year, old friend, gone for now, Empress shen Nung. The last hour, we've done two calls about Sultan or Brunei, and it's talking about Empress shen Nung. Alright, alright, So on International t Day, as we bow down and thank Emperor shen Nung and his accidental discovery in his back garden.
Speaker 3: It's so refreshing.
Speaker 5: And in chanty. Oh my god, guys, guys, go round of mine. Yes, it's Empreor shen Nung coming back all right today on International te Day, as we know. On the show, Rio puts forward that Empress send ning story day. Tea songs were looking for your tea songs? Okay, tea songs? You say hello, is it tea? You're looking for another line? Or Richie one Dancing and Dodge Eating go of course those are both by Lionel rich Tea go uptown Dunk.
Speaker 3: Dunk, Yeah, Silba.
Speaker 5: The Emperor didn't invent that sweetie of mine, guns and roses sweech on mine for this cup of teas telling me how to live my life.
Speaker 7: Coppa, don't preach, damn it.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get a cup to try and act that out for a powerful performance. I'll leave it there very absolutely shocking.
Speaker 3: There a tea songs? You say, Yes, what brand of tea do the muppets love best? Dona's so close.
Speaker 5: I'm with you. The longer the runway, the worse delivery.
Speaker 7: You brought. Shame on, Emperor shen Nung.
Speaker 2: Once was enough.
Speaker 3: We have Billy Joel on this morning with only the good char young.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 3: That don't impress me much.
Speaker 5: What necessary Indian accent as well? But Homer tea, I guess it's just an icent. It's just an accent.
Speaker 7: It's Jackson new feature.
Speaker 5: It's just an accent.
Speaker 3: And the line steeps tonight.
Speaker 5: It's so pretentious about steeping. Even though an Englishman I had a steep one. I can't do that. I'll keep your silver all right. What have you got tea songs?
Speaker 1: We say, The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Turning to Mark your time Wasters on International t Day, we'll look if your tea songs don't forget UNI end for the winner.
Speaker 7: I would walk five hundred camera miles.
Speaker 5: Silver plus, Carli, well done, Whitney Houston, Chai will always love you silver plus. So for some reason I thought that was from the guy send it in with Whitney Houston. He's Michael. End of the show, Tie of the Tiger Silver Ols. Just want to have fun. You know that is very good, Julie, very good, steep, child.
Speaker 3: Of mind great.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's from Heidio long Way to the Top. If you want a rock and roll pour one sugar for tea def Leppard, pull some sugar on me a tea bagging Miss Daisy. No, No, let's not have that kind of language and imagery on this show. Guys, p G.
Speaker 7: Norty Andrew footloose.
Speaker 5: Leaf gold, Rene Well don that's what like it?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 5: A Winding Roads gold.
Speaker 7: This one does not work.
Speaker 5: And I've stared it and read it out in my mind a couple of times. Totally clips off the herbal Kuppa bronze. Yeah, Bohemian rhapso tea gold. Why haven't they brought their own brand out of queen based teas? Uh match?
Speaker 7: You wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Speaker 5: I do that song?
Speaker 7: Chris, this is this is timey tiano.
Speaker 5: Mano mano pretty. Joel is at the piano, man.
Speaker 7: Well, don't carry Who let the bags out?
Speaker 5: Gold stand and Papa's got a brand new tea bag gold by Who wins the prize?
Speaker 7: Who's best in show?
Speaker 3: Give it to Kerry Piano Man.
Speaker 5: Piano Man is there. Let's talk tomorrow's show. So on tomorrow's show, we love to get your stories about serving the stars. This came about when we were talking today about prime ministers and presidents. What's your weakest claim to find? Someone called in used to be the manager of McDonald's and served Tony Abbott. Serve the stars? Who have you served? And then the big thing on tomorrow's show, the super Bowl of pats We're not going to be with Patsy on her birthday on Monday, which is a real shame.
Speaker 7: We're on our break.
Speaker 5: However, tomorrow's show is the celebration of Patsy's fiftieth. What an amazing, extraordinary life you've had, Patsy, You're a superstar.
Speaker 2: Jee I've had a very blessed life.
Speaker 7: I have and tomorrow you are going to have many blessings. No, no, I promise you do.
Speaker 5: You know what. I'm genuinely so excited about you experiencing what we've organized for you.
Speaker 2: It's the bucking bull in the car park.
Speaker 7: I beg your pard.
Speaker 5: I know you keep asking me that's on your bucket is but do that farm you live out, have a fucking Bronco on the show.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read the news on it.
Speaker 3: Next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first to Patsy tomorrow morning.
Speaker 7: You will need to bring in trainers.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and I reckon as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah for grip gloves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bucking ball.
Speaker 5: Patsy's she's still like hot breakfast. I'm like ninety two coming up next. Don't usually reading it's on a Bucky Bronco. What are you saying?
Speaker 2: Something for grip?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to love driving gloves.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, something that yeah yeah, good fit and gloves and trainers.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, and bring a saddle for that ball.
Speaker 5: I like, have we missed a trip with that?
Speaker 7: So much to learn still about this anyway, We see it tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast