Speaker 1: I actually can't believe that this is something that we're even doing. But I am getting married, which is weird. I'm going to have a Hen's party.
Speaker 2: You say that every time, but you've been getting married for like six months now if it can't.
Speaker 1: Just hit you. Yeah, because I'm thirty seven. When I get married, I never thought I was going to get married. You get to the point where you're like, that's not going to happen for me. I'm moving on. I gave up on love.
Speaker 2: But what thirty seven, You're not a hundred brew I know.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the time has come where we're like having ow bus parties and bachelorette parties and stuff. And so my fiancee Ben had his Bucks party over in Italy on the weekend. Now, if you don't know, he's not bougie. He didn't fly to Italy for his Bucks, but Ben lives in Italy, so a few of his friends flew from around Europe. They had this amazing weekend planned and I just thought I was going to be like the best girlfriend, sorry fiance where I was like, babe, you know what, I'm giving you a free pass, free rein not to cheat. But I was like, do whatever you want, have as much fun as you want. If you want to go to a strip club. You can go to a strip club. If you want to party all night, party all night. Okay.
Speaker 2: But when you say free pass, how far does the free pass go? Because if you're saying you can go to a strip club, can he have a.
Speaker 1: Lap dance no touching? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know lap dance, So it's not really a free pass, very restricted path.
Speaker 1: Well, I meant more of a free pass is in like you don't have to contact me for two days until the weekend's over, Like I don't want you to feel like as long as I know you're okay and safe, Like I just want him to have fun with his friends. And I was trying to be like really cool and laid back and stuff, and I genuinely was there's nothing. There's not one percent of me that worries about him anyway. So I was like free pass talked to in a couple of days, He's like, oh yeah, boys. All I heard was I could hear him going all I heard is free pass, Like it's on, And I was like, love, you have the best time. Within four minutes, he was started to send me photos, updates, updates, four minutes four minutes previously, and they're photos of his like the best pinny of me I've ever had. It was a picture of his sandwich and I was like, I was like, bath, go out. I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like, actually, I've upped it. Please go and get a lap dance something.
Speaker 1: So progressively he slashed. The boy continued to call me throughout the night and like update me. They wanted to talk to me. He sent me messages and it got to the point where I didn't think I was gonna say this. I was like, babe, don't call me back. I was like, go to a strip club or something. I was like, go and let loose. He's like, oh, I just thought you'd want to keep posted. We're having lots of fun. I was like, I know, baby, like please go and live your best life. And it just made me think back to when I met Ben. Originally it was supposed to be a one night stand and the reason I chose Ben was I saw him as like this tall, beautiful athlete that was foreign, that wasn't going to be in Australia for long. And I was like, oh, bingo, this guy's going to be an absolute player.
Speaker 2: This man, he's very sweet.
Speaker 1: He could not be any further from a player that even with me, I felt like I needed to go over there and walk him into a club and be like, have fun. It's almost like I needed to push him into it. He was just so concerned.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's going to be people listening to this who were deeply divided, because there will be some people like, yeah, my partner's so trustworthy, and there's other people who have had their partners go to Bucks parties and have had very different outcomes or very different feelings around it. The thing I don't get is like I don't understand why a strip club or strippers have to be synonymous with Bucks or Hens parties. Like I actually don't even know if my husband got a stripper.
Speaker 1: He probably did.
Speaker 2: They had the party at our house, so we as the girls, we went away and we went to an airbnb. But Matt he had all of the boys come to our house and like, surprisingly, there was no remnants of the destruction of what had happened. The only thing that had gone wrong is like someone had sat on our bin and the bin was broken. So I was like that's wow.
Speaker 1: That was it got crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe someone got a lip dance on the bin. I don't know, but like, I don't understand why. That's kind of like the thing that we need to give people a caveat for when we have a Bucks or Hen's party.
Speaker 1: Totally and when I say, babe, go to a strip club, go fine. I didn't actually want him to go to a strip club. It was a test he passed. It was a test.
Speaker 2: No, no, you guys wanted him to do it so that you can do it.
Speaker 1: I understand, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: We've talked about on the podcast before.
Speaker 1: That's right now the day that will be on another show whatever. Maddie