Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Christian O'Connell, just letting you know. I've got a new book come now in a couple of weeks time. The reason why I'm giving you a heads up is you can buy it cheaper than when it comes out.
Speaker 4: It's available for pre sale.
Speaker 1: It's called Unscript, and it's all the mistakes I've basically made in thirty years of breakfast radio, so you don't have to make them in your speaking. Most of us perform some version of ourselves when we're talking, depending on the situation we're in. And the book Unscript that I've written, which comes out in four weeks time, how she finds your authentic voice. Everyone has these various blocks. Sometimes because speaking is easy, we all know how to do it, but in certain situations it gets jammed up. It might be in a meeting when he got to give an impromptu speech how to tell better stories. Some of the people have been coaching over the last couple of years, is even trying to have a courage to ask a question on a team's meeting as well. This helps you remove your speaking block so you can have more confidence in any room, in any situation, and be more of yourself. How you can find your true authentic voice. It's called down script. And right now I've done a deal with book Topia, brilliant online bookstore. If you use the code word Brightside, we call the show the bright Sila Dal. If you use the code word Brightside, you get twenty percent off and you get the chance to come in and watch the show as well, and an additional thank you for pre ordering the book because actually helps me out. Pre Orders matter booksellers, a lot of bookshops. They all see how the pre orders are going, obviously not going very well. They're not going to waste their bookshelves with your monkey book in there. So I really want to get the book out there. I love writing this book. I really hope it could help some people. So as thank you for me to you. If you do pre order the book, if you send me your receipts to Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au, you get an automatic invite for a special live YouTube show. I'm just doing for my pre order pals, so send me your receipt. Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com. Today you make sure you use bright Side twenty. If you can order from book Topia, you can save money.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The book is called unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself. I already think it could help you.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Rio, Good morning, Good morning, Patsy, Morning Patsy.
Speaker 4: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: There's no way you got up at five to watch the game?
Speaker 5: No I did not.
Speaker 6: No, I got up about eleven to bed.
Speaker 5: That I earn that through the week.
Speaker 4: You do actually gets out way before the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, comes in from holland Why are you raising your eyebrows like that?
Speaker 7: What did you see her after us?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: I am not excuse me. I was in the car park today.
Speaker 4: She spends this story. She'sore all of you.
Speaker 9: I think that was maybe previous years been pushed back.
Speaker 6: Wow, well, I'd say after nearly forty years of it, maybe ten minutes later, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 1: Thirty years? You've got the radio nailhen you wore thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 6: I'm coming up nearly forty years.
Speaker 5: Oh my doing breakfast yes.
Speaker 4: So it start to win. What are you fifty four on?
Speaker 6: I was seventeen Wow, radio prodigy. So you know, forgive me if I have a few extra minutes.
Speaker 7: You're forgiven. I'm just saying, you know, I'm just I'm just keeping it real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that's uh well so yeah, anyway, Monday morning.
Speaker 4: You've made it weird now real wow and now slyying about her biography that numbers don't add up.
Speaker 7: You said by a raised way over.
Speaker 4: You're right, sapazi enjoined that line.
Speaker 5: Listen the weekend, so a few.
Speaker 4: Hours you were awake. What did you do?
Speaker 7: My husband is attorney.
Speaker 5: Phil No, he's a big wrecking ball through the house.
Speaker 6: So we had we had a heater installed last week and they put like this platform around it to put storage. They said, oh, we'll do a platform and you can chuck stuff up there. And we cleaned the garage out and so thought, you know the trees, because we have two or three Christmas trees. They're taking up a bit of space in the garage. I said, can you wack them up in the in the garage space like in the roof space, I mean, and get them out of the road. So he got up there and all six foot four of him only he was walking across.
Speaker 5: You could hear him walking across. What are they like?
Speaker 4: Joists?
Speaker 5: Joyce, thank you?
Speaker 6: And he tripped and shoved his foot through the plaster of the room.
Speaker 4: It's a great photo.
Speaker 7: It's an incredible photo.
Speaker 1: It's amazing it shared be in the loof. It's such a great photo. It looks like a human.
Speaker 4: Poor pridg What was he wearing ballet shoes?
Speaker 1: It's quite sort.
Speaker 6: Of hole dainty about flats through shoved his damn pour through it.
Speaker 5: So now we've got to get I don't even know.
Speaker 4: He's lucky didn't go all the way through.
Speaker 5: I know, and saw like a leg dangling from the ceiling space. But if anyone could do it, it'd be my husband. So he stepped through the ceiling.
Speaker 6: Apparently it's quite common like to you know, put your foot through.
Speaker 1: It's not that I've never heard of it. Great rasive hands on this nine person team. Who's heard of someone putting a foot through the ceiling. I know richly danced on the ceiling. You didn't fall through the ceiling And way, Pats are going to go back to bed right now because you're doing this for two hundred years.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Sarria, you got up watch the game? Yes I did?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, it was freezing as well.
Speaker 9: It took a lot of i'm gonna say, courage and bravery to get out of it at that time.
Speaker 1: And what made it also hard is it we used to those hours so getting up at so I got up a half four, maybe souff a cup of tea. The family that said we'll be up there were nowhere to be seen, just me, the count of the dog on the couch in the dark. And then what made it those hours during the week that's normal? Why are they so actually offensive and aggressive at the weekend?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels wrong.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've been made to get on that someone's booked to early fly.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah exactly, and then when it's over, like, what are you?
Speaker 4: What do I do now? Seven? I No, he's frustrated.
Speaker 7: I'm not exercising.
Speaker 1: The whole weekend is ahead of me and I'm just now out of whack.
Speaker 9: I feel like you used the all your weak in energy too early and then I was lazy for the whole.
Speaker 1: And then also, you know, don't want to be a Debbie down it here, But it was very clear at five as oh, this is not going to be a big wee's.
Speaker 7: Within five minutes.
Speaker 4: Where is that.
Speaker 1: Megastar that the whole world is raving about? Oh he sat there at the sidelines. Wait what I mean? I'm no manager, but surely the best player should be playing against the best team in your group.
Speaker 7: Or maybe the second best player who scored that amazing goal. Yeah, oh he's not and he was.
Speaker 4: Oh there was such a sluggish first half night. I got a early for this.
Speaker 1: What's happening Tony?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 9: It was a tough start and you did You had that feeling immediately like, oh, they're better than us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's levels to this World Cup mark, isn't there.
Speaker 7: Maybe Mike Grilla was right.
Speaker 1: No, don't say that.
Speaker 4: Don't say that.
Speaker 1: And of all the teams to lose two as well, yes, oh boy, you actually would have thought do they think they've won the World Cup?
Speaker 7: It did seem like that.
Speaker 1: They were screaming like we're gonna win the whole thing. You've only done two games. It's still so much to go. So how do we feel about Friday?
Speaker 4: Now? Paraguay who just dumped Turkey out over the weekend.
Speaker 7: I've processed it the loss and are now I'm feeling really good.
Speaker 4: Okay, break it down. Why are you feeling good?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling good because A we only need to draw against them to come.
Speaker 1: Second, what's the phrase you said the team before the show net something?
Speaker 9: Oh, yes, so we're it again. This is even I'm going to confuse myself. Now, we're at net zero goals because we've had we've scored some kind.
Speaker 1: Of net neutral and obviously there are goalkeeping nets at the back of the nets.
Speaker 4: What's net neutral?
Speaker 7: We've scored two goals.
Speaker 9: I've had two goals scored against us, so we're at zero net goals.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 7: So far Paraguay have had four goals scored.
Speaker 9: Against them, and they've scored one I think or two, so they're at negative too. Yeah, so we just need to draw and then where we finished draw?
Speaker 4: How nil nil or what if it's one all or two all?
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: That's going to affect the net. It will.
Speaker 7: That's not how networks net. That's why they put the word net there. So that's so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So how are you defining net neutrality?
Speaker 7: I actually don't know what means.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to go what are you meaning?
Speaker 7: I guess it's the difference and that is like the net difference.
Speaker 4: Next profit is after operating costs.
Speaker 7: Don't say, even more confused, what are operating?
Speaker 4: What's left?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the difference.
Speaker 9: It's a difference, difference of what difference between the goals have scored and goals we haven't scored?
Speaker 7: Goal's gone missing?
Speaker 1: Is anyone listen right now who can explain why we should be positive going into Friday? There are reasons to be positive about Friday's game because actually we're not in a dire situation.
Speaker 9: Oh and their best player got a red card for putting his hand over his mouth, which.
Speaker 1: Apparently he didn't know.
Speaker 7: I think it's so you can it's to hide yourself.
Speaker 9: If you're sledging someone and you put your hand of email and you go Christians all lose, and then.
Speaker 4: You should do the record.
Speaker 7: Yes, I heard that.
Speaker 4: Get off.
Speaker 1: I know your parents are calling your mum.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show Podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: Did Patsy say earlier she has two or three Christmas trees?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, just just just go with it.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you're okay with your usband putting them in the in the loft crawl space pats because they'd be down in October.
Speaker 5: Yeah they will. Yeah, yeah, they absolutely round the corner.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is very soon. Yeah, Christian Ria is right.
Speaker 1: We should feel positive going into Friday's game against Paraguay. The soccer is because when Popper actually brought on our best plays from game one, we played so much better, created chances and looked good. We had some puzzling refereeing decisions go against us.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you know about the rev's history?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did say that served a little.
Speaker 1: Band for about ten months for match fixing, and they got that guy back the World Cup.
Speaker 7: It's not the biggest game.
Speaker 1: We've got three points on the ball already, so we should feel positive. Yes, But Richard, that's a brilliant breakdown of it all. Where is the word net neutrality in this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: We still The more I think about it, the more confused I get. But I'm pretty sure. All I know is we just have to draw. We just have to draw, and obviously win is better, but if we draw, we're good.
Speaker 1: Surely the best thing to do is to win convincingly. It helps the team with confidence.
Speaker 7: Good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously playing for a joys negative wha.
Speaker 7: Too many goals go yeah yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 1: Will you lot slow down that the.
Speaker 3: Winning Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: How was your weekend? Tell us about it?
Speaker 1: The three words teacher Chris has come to our aid, So we try and make sense of why it's good and you should feel optimistic about the soccer's third game this Friday. Even if we lose, we can end up finishing second. Huh yeah, no, even if we finish third, We've won the World Cup. Christian Tarrio to think of it as a maths sum.
Speaker 7: You've already lost me, But go on.
Speaker 1: Goal scored in a winning game, take away goals scored in a losing game equals your net goals.
Speaker 9: I think it's just your total goal scored versus your total goals scored against you.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's going to all come down to goal difference and all of these various qualifying groups. If we draw this weekend against Paraguay, then we could go on to play Egypt, Iran or New Zealand. It's New Zealand fingers layup.
Speaker 4: But that's assuming that Belgium tops their group.
Speaker 7: And they're playing right now.
Speaker 1: If we lose, we're still go through more than likely, but then we could be facing Germany.
Speaker 7: Oh, don't want that.
Speaker 1: You're at the Old Cup. You can't start picking countries New Zealand. Yeah, some of that, yes.
Speaker 4: Do the smaller country, not the Germans. Now any picked by the Germans? All right? Three word weekend? How did your Traders game go?
Speaker 9: Oh? Well, it was a great night, but a terrible night for me. I was the first one voted off. So in the game, you all come together. There was twenty of us at our friend Maddie's house, and some of you are traders and the rest of you are faithful. You have to find out who the traders are and banish them.
Speaker 1: So did you say, like the TV show, you had that ceremony where you get together and start kicking people off.
Speaker 9: Yes, so the traders, which I was not. I was a faithful the traders do would.
Speaker 4: You prefer to be a trader?
Speaker 7: I would have.
Speaker 9: But the very first round, the rest of the group, all my friends, twenty of them voted me off first at six.
Speaker 4: I would have done that too.
Speaker 1: Now you have trad vibes you, Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 4: Too with you today, you're right.
Speaker 7: Well, I went and apologized. I'm still sorry. I'll bring you some flowers in the next we.
Speaker 1: Make it worse, we get rammed in your throat, Trader.
Speaker 4: So did you have like the proper setup for it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: They went all out. It was like being on the TV show First Round there.
Speaker 4: Folks, did anyone have?
Speaker 9: There were cloaks, there were hats, there were like, what did they call those fancy little peaky blinders hats. I was wearing a turtle neck sort of. That was my classiest thing that I own. But I was Unfortunately the game goes for like five hours.
Speaker 4: We don't have that kind of concentration anymore.
Speaker 9: And I knew as soon as I was out, I was like, I've got five hours left of this, and so I had a bit of a tantrum. The first thing I did was started accusing everyone of being racist. Everyone immediately very uncomfortable with that. I had to start walking that back a bit. That's and then and then there was a straight as straight.
Speaker 1: After there should be an international version of traitors.
Speaker 7: That would be.
Speaker 9: And then our friends Tom and Tash, who are a couple husband and wife, they had to blow up because Tom accused Tash of being a trader.
Speaker 4: What an awesome night it was. That's incredible.
Speaker 9: They were not on speaking terms the next morning, Thomas said, is it a bit frosty?
Speaker 4: Every day?
Speaker 7: Said she wasn't spoken to me.
Speaker 1: It was like the atmosphere and here today The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Christ My three word weekend is sports sports, sport. How good we are watching NonStop World Cup gets for hours then rolling into more a f L and NRL over the weekend. That's on, Emma Christian My three word Weekend from Paul Blue Heeler's binge.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, that's a throwback.
Speaker 4: My three word weekend.
Speaker 1: Christian has canceled everything, slept rackets and it was elite's. He started a new movement. Luisa christ My three word weekend. Not happy Jane. Soccer is losing, but morals set over the ref being on the USA side.
Speaker 4: Yes, especially in the second half.
Speaker 7: What about that cramping? Yeah, I know during extra time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Come on.
Speaker 1: Plus the Americans over reacting to their win. Yeah, that's what makes it harder as well, it's another country, it wouldn't be so bad.
Speaker 4: It's it's their brain and the.
Speaker 9: Apparently they were doing chance that Vega might suck in the stadium.
Speaker 4: That's an active war. Who's with me? Yeah, there was no one with me.
Speaker 1: You can't just have if we're going to start water, it can't just be one lone English guy who's got Aussie passport to clearing war.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on, guys, let me ask you again. Who's with me?
Speaker 3: Christin O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Big week for us in the show this Friday show, we are live in Queensland at the Criteria Hotel for the big unveil, for the big Reno tracing Gary. Get to see everything that's been happening over the last three weeks.
Speaker 4: Shannon Nole.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe that yesterday I was playing some Shannon Noles. So so he's singing live on the show this Friday in a pub. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait to.
Speaker 1: Head up there Thursday, and of course obviously the third soccer Use game as well. Now the other big thing for me is the next dow On Saturday, I head back to the UK see my mom, my dad and my sister. I haven't seen them for a year and a half, very very excited about seeing them and whenever I go back, always take some bits from Australia to showcase, really, what an amazing country.
Speaker 7: This is the best of this country, the.
Speaker 4: Best of the best. What do I take this time?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 1: I am taking tim Tams. I take Tim tams every single time.
Speaker 7: What do you take those?
Speaker 1: I take a variety, a couple of different flavors.
Speaker 7: Actually, how they received over in England.
Speaker 4: They're kind of like we've got biscuits.
Speaker 1: It's not revolutionary, the Tim Taman, the lesser ones.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid to say that. In Tat penguins are superior.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Double chock penguins.
Speaker 7: Yeah you got double chock penguins, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the ropes, on the ropes, quick comeback from the pomp counted that one effortlessly.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not sure if you were.
Speaker 1: The other countries also have a lot of what you've got Australia. Australian stills a lot of things and make out that they invented it.
Speaker 7: Russell Crow.
Speaker 4: Crowded house. So what team? What should I put in there?
Speaker 1: What else could I take back to the UK to impress and down.
Speaker 4: One the amazing home the systemy Now, well.
Speaker 7: It's summertime over there. I'm thinking, oh, you love this.
Speaker 1: So I spoke to Mumm yesterday. She goes just to warn you, and they are there. It's a severe weather warning. When you get here, it's going to be like thirty one thirty two degrees, so beak Mum. You know I've been living in Australia for eight years. It can get pretty hot there. I'm not the one who's going to be running indoors at thirty one.
Speaker 7: Have they got aircon though?
Speaker 1: No? Oh no, no, there's no reason for it. Yeah, I know there's no reason why it would be honest, he walked in someone soud air conditioning in the UK. It be really, but it what's that for? Why would you need that for one day year when the summer kicks in?
Speaker 4: So what else should I be taken? Real?
Speaker 9: I'm thinking a pair of budgy smugglers. I know it's summertime, it's thirty one degrees. Are going to be people swimming out in the Pondsames Thames?
Speaker 1: No one swims in the Tames. You've never seen them again? A murky old river.
Speaker 9: It's so maybe a beautiful pair of budgy smugglers take around that that lovely?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry so budgie smugglers again universal.
Speaker 4: We have them in the.
Speaker 5: UK, but you never get to wear them because of the whip.
Speaker 1: Oh no, people do, unfortunately, people do.
Speaker 4: No, they're not a naughty thing. Really had them all over the world.
Speaker 6: Okay, what about I've got something for you. What about chicken salt?
Speaker 4: Now that is a great idea, Patsy.
Speaker 1: That's one thing that when we came here started is how great it tastes on stuff.
Speaker 4: It makes anything better.
Speaker 7: So you guys don't have chicken salt in the UKA.
Speaker 1: It's not such a big thing. No, not at all. I've never had it before and never tasted what a sensation is. Chicken salt is great. What are they in the way of snacks? Can you offer me that I could take back?
Speaker 5: Well, there's barbecue shapes. I love one and only. Yes, and there's got to be barbecue. Can't be pizza. Oh yeah, it's good, but not like the EPI.
Speaker 4: What's the chicken one as well? That's really nice.
Speaker 7: Chicken crimpy that's it.
Speaker 4: I love those.
Speaker 1: The crimpy's coming and also they stink as well. I might crack them open on the flight over. Give us an hour into a twenty one hour flight. Who's got chicken Crempy's out?
Speaker 7: What about Australian finger bun? It's like have you ever had a finger bun? It's a small I guess it's just like a long bun with icy frosting on top.
Speaker 1: Again, those those that existed in the UK. I can't keep putting stuff out and go, we've got that, We've got that, We've got that. So basically Australia has it. We've got but it's not as good.
Speaker 5: You've got to put a care you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Why don't you take a soccer ball? Yeah, we've got that. I thought that. I thought soccer was Australia.
Speaker 7: One thing you haven't got. Maybe you could take over the ashes and.
Speaker 1: Shack Alac.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So I'm heading back to the UK Saturday, go see my mom and dad and my sister. I want to take some stuff that really shows what a great new home for me and my family. This is what should I take in my suitcase? Actually, I'm going to take some Denco rub. My poor mum fell over on Friday and when I saw her yesterday on Zoom, she's got she's got a massive black heye that's really horrible to see. You know that she'd fallen at that. But if you are going to fall over, great place to fall over. Just outside the doctor's surgery. After seeing the doctor who said, you need to maybe start taking some way protein because my mum's suddenly, for some reason at seventy five a couple of years ago, turned vegetarian. I said, that's great. You're going to make sure you're still getting your you know your age. You need to look after your bone strength. The doctor had been warning her about bone strength. My mum tumbled outside afterwards. The thing is you can't tell nurses anything right, and my poor mum took a tumble and fell over outside the doctor surgery, and then three doctors came running out to a tenter. So I need to take some Also, she was wearing an eye patch. But I saw her yesterday and I was like, my mom's wearing an eye patch. There's no she hasn't said why she suddenly won.
Speaker 4: An eye patch. So I thought, for a bit of fun, I'll go with her.
Speaker 1: She's not talking about the fact she's wearing a flip and eye patch, and I think I just time it. Holong into the zoo until her. Mum goes, let's talk about the eye patch. Seven and a half minutes too long. She's go around with these other stories. I think the best story you've got is the eye patch. What's under that?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 9: Don't don't put up on the on her eye? That that'll sting. Don't do that right, that's that's the worst thing. This is why, guys, I need you out. What should I take back from Australia? Not den that's out. That's out.
Speaker 4: Christian. One about vegimite shapes.
Speaker 1: They're nice but not remarkable, great sales pitch Richard, that's head of marketing.
Speaker 4: Hey mom, dad, what these are?
Speaker 1: They remarkable, not remotely, but there'd be great novelty value.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 1: What about Ozzie Lamington's good one. That's a good one. What about a kangaroo scrot and bosalot? Christian?
Speaker 4: Cherry ripes? No, Cherry, Christian?
Speaker 1: What about Boots of the family Bugs is a good idea at the moment? The things I really like a chicken crim piece top of the list, boots, No, and of course four X. Of course my mom can rub that in that black eye and it will probably be healed within minutes.
Speaker 4: Immediately immediately.
Speaker 1: Now one of the team has actually produced a Tina fifty percent of the Chuckle Sisters has actually worked in the UK radio somehow now No, No, I said somehow because it's it's it's incredible.
Speaker 4: Incredible.
Speaker 7: All over again.
Speaker 1: No, because you A lot of people always ask me about the difference between Australian radio and British radio and the only one can describe is Australian radio is like a sewer and you carries a pure stream in heaven. Now, Producer TEENA, what did your mom and dad send back to you?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 11: So they used to send me things that I would miss from home, and mum used to send me bonds underwear.
Speaker 4: We have underwear, and we have underwear in the UK.
Speaker 11: Nothing is as good as a bond cotton underwear, Yeah, underwear is.
Speaker 1: But now now it gives me like, maybe maybe Benny Hill is a documentary. No, everyone's trousers always falling down. Yes, yeah, it's because a loose elastic.
Speaker 7: Yes, he got weak ass underd If.
Speaker 1: We'd have had bonds, there'd been no Benny Hill, No running away with people's underwear falling down and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So what else was in the care package?
Speaker 11: Bonds underwear, Bonds underwear, Cadary chocolate because I think the cat retasted bad in the UK.
Speaker 1: No, it does not, It's better in the UK. I'm going to bring some back. Actually, I'm going to bring back a care package for you guys from the UK. I would love that, okay? And what else would they send you?
Speaker 11: She would also send me classic Regimi and Milo because the Milo in the UK they have, but it's fake and it wasn't good.
Speaker 7: Spirit.
Speaker 1: Why do you get these conspiracy listen?
Speaker 4: Why is it fake?
Speaker 11: It wasn't made in a Shire.
Speaker 5: It's what's made in Nigeria and what'sn't the side can't.
Speaker 1: Go with Nigeria Nigerians serving up fake Milo to the POMD.
Speaker 5: But it was not very good.
Speaker 7: It was all chunky and.
Speaker 1: Yeah which is probably hadn't melted, probably in the drink stir it.
Speaker 11: No, no matter what I stirred, it was terrible.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, please can you bring back from the UK caramel wafers for us to win? And your team as well, Michelle. They they are fantastic, Christian. What don't you say about to your mum AFL's Biffs, Bumps and Brawls. It's an eighties DVD. One will love the NonStop violent action and so yeah, that's a great idea, mate, Now I love putt that in the old suitcase. Tracy Christian take Chris's spring onion dip. It is gorgeous with chicken crimpyace. Yes, oh wow, the top of cuisine.
Speaker 10: Go go go, go go it.
Speaker 8: Don Baby, don't matter if they win or lose. Chris, when this cost a gold, Baby, you become a winner.
Speaker 7: Tooo, you win.
Speaker 8: A brand new coffee machine so you can stay. You'll wake a chip for your team. It's the goal cal Gold Gold Call of thorn Baby.
Speaker 1: Now, a couple of weeks ago we're announced we're doing the Goal of Thon with Harvey Norman. That means every time there's a goal, are the soccerose games you win prizes. Covin Bill said, hey, come on, you should just do it on soccerose goals. I went, there might be some games where we don't give a week coffee machines and now tough loss of the weekend.
Speaker 4: It's tough loss weekend.
Speaker 1: But on the upside, two goals goals mean prizes. Prizes on the goldn means Brevel Coffee Machines all thanks to Harvey Norman.
Speaker 4: Score.
Speaker 1: Winning deals on Brevel Coffee install Online are Halvey Norman half yearly clearance on Now we have two coffee machines.
Speaker 4: To be one right now? No point calling?
Speaker 1: And I haven't told you how thirteen fifty five twenty two, Stay Hield All right? This song very sluggish, very slow. Retired to sleep at the weekend, A bit frosty today. It needs a coffee. What's the song though?
Speaker 4: What is the song?
Speaker 1: Get it right? Win one of the coffee scenes thirteen fifty five twenty two. It needs a breble coffee.
Speaker 7: That's gettable beer.
Speaker 1: We're sure taking that Danny Boy bit out. This song's had too much coffee.
Speaker 7: Hell oh, I don't know that one.
Speaker 3: Com the Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, what about you taking a Kubra hat back to England? You know what it's like though with all that NonStop son, how are you gonna get any shade? Please be safe, come back and live.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kimmy be I Will Santos has sent a message as well. Christian take Patsy's famous meat loaf back to your mum. She could use a laugh after a fool. What como, Sancho, Come on, Sancho, that's wrong with him?
Speaker 8: Go go go go call a dn Baby. Don't matter if they win or lose. When this cos cover a gold Baby, you become a winner.
Speaker 7: Tube you win a.
Speaker 8: Brand new coffee machine so you can stay. You'll wake a hit for your team.
Speaker 10: It's the goal.
Speaker 8: Go gol, go call a than baby.
Speaker 1: Look, yes you're lost, but you can still be winning even when the soccer is lose. Goals mean prizes, prizes, coffee machines, amazing Refel coffee machines for all girls, and the soccer goals in our goal of thanks to Harvey Norman, Score winning deals on Brebel Coffee install online of Harvey Norman half year clearance on Now.
Speaker 4: All right, two songs.
Speaker 1: You guess any of these correctly and you can have a coffee machine.
Speaker 4: This song needs coffee. What is the song?
Speaker 1: We need to make these harder? Oh, this is so smart and that also the Johnny Boy Danny Boy is so obvious, isn't that? But what about this one?
Speaker 7: Sounds like Miss Elliott.
Speaker 4: Let's get you freak on Natalie, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Natalie, Hello guys, how are we We're good?
Speaker 4: Have you had a lovely weekend? Natalie?
Speaker 2: I had a lovely weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was a lovely weekend.
Speaker 1: No, Natalie, Let's see if we can win your Breval coffee machine. What do you wish we are going for?
Speaker 2: I think it's a bit of a tongue twister.
Speaker 3: But is it tub thumping chumblewamba?
Speaker 1: Yes it is?
Speaker 4: You are a winner.
Speaker 9: Thank you too.
Speaker 1: Early on a Monday morning for that tongue twist. So is it?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 1: Tub thumping chumble bomb tep five times?
Speaker 4: Naturally you've got a brand new coffee machine. Well done, have a great week Thank you so much?
Speaker 5: You too?
Speaker 1: All right now I think that I actually think the tougher one is this one?
Speaker 4: Brett? You think you got the answer? Morning Brett. Welcome to the showmate, Morning Christian.
Speaker 1: How are we all?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Do you have a good weekends?
Speaker 1: I have a great wind?
Speaker 4: And thank you Brett? Did you get up Ernie and watch you have to want? What do you do for living? Brett?
Speaker 3: I'm a firefighter.
Speaker 4: Well you guys live off coffee, don't you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Now give your give your crew a shout out. Where are you.
Speaker 1: Stationed stationed the Castle Hill, brilliant. Well, thank you very much for what you and your colleagues do. Let's try and win you this coffee machine. What song do you think this is?
Speaker 4: Brett? What do you reckon?
Speaker 2: I know this song because my daughter.
Speaker 1: Sings it all the time and practically like that, that's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Shake it off.
Speaker 1: This dad knows his Ta ta fiery Brett.
Speaker 4: You won the coffee machine. Well, Une, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Everyone, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic. I'll be a white all day.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brett, thank you very much to call him.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jason O'Keeffe.
Speaker 1: Christian sounds like the Aussies are throwing down the culinary gauntlet. Time for the Nashes. It's a food version of the Ashes anyway, Christian. The Nashes is a blind taste test that will commence when you come back from the Motherland with fresh wares. It's on Australia verse England Penguin.
Speaker 4: We'll take on Tim Tam.
Speaker 1: Cabreas versus Ossie Cabreys in the UK, UK min though versus Australia, and the list goes on. Jason O'Keeffe. That is a kid idea. I'm going to send your prize. We're definitely going to do that all right right now though we're looking fuel stories.
Speaker 4: Of falling.
Speaker 1: You can be just falling, falling down, falling through, falling into love.
Speaker 4: Falling out. I've love falling out of a car TAXI Yes on Misery Tuesday.
Speaker 1: New thing we're doing, Christian I got another banger about falling out of love when I found out he was cheating. You want a coffee machine. That is the sort of thing that could easily happen on Australian radio. And I can't even say not on our watch anything.
Speaker 4: Anything can happen in Australian radio.
Speaker 1: So Chris Passy's husband, the love God has put a dainty foot through the ceiling.
Speaker 6: It's just like a bellerin his toe through the roof of the ceiling. When he was putting the Christmas tree up there.
Speaker 1: Were you sat in the room and suddenly a bit of Chris's foot came through.
Speaker 6: I was sitting watching Netflix and I just heard this almighty bang. I thought, Oh, he's dropped the tray or something up there. To see he's tired through the past.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing image. It looks like he's trapped up though, and he's trying to punch his way out.
Speaker 7: Things.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're looking for your falling stories this morning. Falling any stories about falling, falling into and falling out of Some might have fallen out of a tractor, true?
Speaker 7: Or falling onto something? Is that something? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember once falling onto a lady and spilling my drink all over her blouse. It was really really You know, when someone's going it's okay, it's okay, I just need a couple of sounds up, you know, when it's so not okay. She just wanted to glass me, but she couldn't because they're witnesses.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: We're looking for your falling stories thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Riya's got a salacious appetite for them. I've just seen you messaging the Chuckle sisters. Have we got any good falling stories? We take those next? Oh lovely, Christian falling story. Was it a heavy metal concept? Fell down? I thought it was gonna die, But as it turns out, heavy metal people are really nice. And I had several people worried about me and they got me back up on my feet. That all right, we'll update all our files and preconceptions of heavy metal fans.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you mind it? Tempos eight we do your miss hard lyrics.
Speaker 10: It's just another Mishardman day. Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 1: All right, every Monday, we play back your mishurd lyrics as we're playing the back if we hear what you think you're miss hearing, if we don't hear it, and for the great ones.
Speaker 10: Tis Hall of Favor.
Speaker 1: And as always, this feature is powered by you guys, So whatever you mishear them, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Last week Color Hall of Famous Dennis ac DC. You shook me all night long. My mind was aching and we were baking with you. Morgan are junior lessener, twelve year old Morgan queen other one bites the dust. Hey, I'm going to get to poo. That's why you're in the Hall of Famer. If you come up with champagne radio like that. By the way, I'm halfway through a story. It's just coming right now. Someone falling five stories A mum who cannot be broken?
Speaker 4: No broken bones?
Speaker 1: What that helps you?
Speaker 7: Four five stories onto mattresses or mums are tough?
Speaker 1: They are a dad.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have got up from that most humans. Yeah, but mum's are human plus superhuman? All right? This Chris has got this one higher? By Creed?
Speaker 1: Can you take me higher to a place where blind men?
Speaker 3: She?
Speaker 1: Or is it what's higher than that higher level of awareness? Going to a place where I'm mel s? Can you take me to a place where I melt? See? Get ready? It's because it's Creed in his big voice and he's really pacing it beautifully where he just wants.
Speaker 4: To be Melci. That exactly kind of stuff we love.
Speaker 1: Chris James coming in Hall of Favor Alistair grisbook. We didn't start the fire Billy Joel, British Beatlemania, or have the Brits beat Romania?
Speaker 4: Remain here, Ketty's got the running stones? Start me up? Or has mixed seen a deadly scorpion.
Speaker 10: Scopy?
Speaker 4: I love that scor.
Speaker 10: Tinsless. Hall of Favor.
Speaker 4: Reminds me of my fear when I thought I saw that snake.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago we were in Sydney, seventeen seventeen floors up. It was the cable to my head. Del Brown punk rocker Teddy Bears with Iggy Pop. I'm a punk rocker, yes i am. Or is Iggy a prawn cracker?
Speaker 4: Yes? I am.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what I'm a prown cracker.
Speaker 7: Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: Brilliant.
Speaker 10: Dell Tinless Hall of Favor.
Speaker 1: Ali's are great today, Thank you very much. PE's got this. She's got to be loved by Genny Morris. She's got to be or actually.
Speaker 4: Got two pillows?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, is there.
Speaker 7: Pilos now?
Speaker 4: Will's got this?
Speaker 1: Chrish No, I have a double misheard from an English soccer chance. It's supposed to say them chanting. This is embarrassing. This is embarrassing. So that is embarrassing. That is embarrassing. It's a very kind of like a lot of soccer chances I've heard. Aren't that polite? It's actually quite formal. That is embarrassing team. So he's got two possible misheards for this. Either that isn't my receipt?
Speaker 4: Can you hear it? That isn't my receipt?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it lobster's emotion? I'm hearing Lobster's emotion.
Speaker 7: The second time I heard it. The first time I didn't lobster's emotion.
Speaker 1: Yes it's a double word either way. Well done everyone, some brady ones today.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Keep the coming Email me directly when you mishear them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you thank you, Christian O'Connell Show one podcast Christian Matt Here. Many years ago I fell through an old garden shed roof. The whole thing fell down around me. To this day, my family still tells a story like it's the best.
Speaker 4: Things they ever saw.
Speaker 1: My family'd be the same if that happened to me. Matt. We're gonna do this tomorrow morning on the show your Falling Stories. But right now, let's tell you about the amazing story of the last couple of weeks and save our pub.
Speaker 7: God save them, path save the pub.
Speaker 1: Over the last couple of weeks we've been on our mission to save Ossie Pubs.
Speaker 4: Thanks to four X.
Speaker 1: The pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four X. So we found the pub we wanted to. Well, at first we thought it was going to be a reno. It is a rhnno moral restoration because the pub. I know a lot of you have seen it on our social account. You can see the videos that's been going on over the last couple of weeks. We've got daily updates. We found this beautiful pub and a beautiful couple that were running it as well. Tracy and Gary up in the place called Helodon, about an hour and a half outside Brisbane and the Rio and I went up there a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with Tracy and Gary and this pub and.
Speaker 4: The whole story. They saw it online.
Speaker 1: They were looking for somewhere a big family home that they could retire to. They so the grandkids to run around. They saw this pub, but then when they moved in, they were like, they couldn't shut the pub down. And Tracy and Gary were ideally hoping to retire. They spent the last two years as accidental Republicans running a pub they did not want to be running, but they do it because they care about the community and those kind of assies, you know, people like this. And also the other thing to tell you is something about Tracy. Two weeks until when they moved into place, found out that she had MS as well, that has not diminished the zest for life that Tracy has. She is irrepressible, and we'd be up there this Friday. We're doing the big unveil. We're taking the show. We're all flying up to No Sleep to Toumba. Yes, we're rocking up in Tomba on Thursday night, hitting it hard, and then the big live show on Friday. And it's not just us coming through the entire show up there. We have a very special musical guest singing live. All great pups need live entertainment. We've got no no on Is he doing this banger? What a monkey dog? Intimidates him. It's also going to do if he sticks around. Anyway, Let's get the star of all the song right now. Tracy joins us live Morning Legends.
Speaker 2: Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great, Tracy young great. We love chance you so. What a couple of weeks for you and Gary? What have been some of your highlights? Is this reno is going around you know, your home.
Speaker 2: Everything's a highlights down to you know, having the walls painted, to the sign writing, furniture starting to arrive.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a whirlwind. It's something we're never in a million years would have believed it would happen to that.
Speaker 4: The sign writering is great, doesn't it. The guys, yes, and so.
Speaker 2: Totally blown our minds that this would happen.
Speaker 1: And Shannon No also then performing live as well Friday.
Speaker 4: That's going to be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're getting so many Facebook messages and phone calls.
Speaker 4: Did you Tricy, I didn't you know you had a phone line there?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, it's just came in the last few weeks.
Speaker 7: Wonderful.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, So Tracy, what is happening this week? Because obviously it's the last couple of days. You know, you're all got to be done Thursday, So what are they doing this week?
Speaker 2: So this week, this morning the floors are going in, is the paintings being finished off, the carpentry he's being finished off, the furnitures arriving. Everything's coming together this week?
Speaker 1: And has it been chaos for you and Gary because this is also your home and even a wedding someone at their wedding reception.
Speaker 2: Then the wedding was wonderful. We had nearly seventy guests, so the I think they absolutely loved it. They couldn't believe the transformation that that the shed had taken over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks actually, it's starting to look incredible. I see the videos every day now. We sen up our man in term Pete last week. Was he you can be honest, was he any good? It didn't appear that he did anything.
Speaker 2: Up there, Christian. He hopped in our dodge and drove down the wrong side of the street.
Speaker 1: What he's not even the European What do you mean he went down the wrong side of the streets.
Speaker 3: I know people were asking people.
Speaker 2: I kept saying America. Yeah, they just took off like a bad air of the hell.
Speaker 1: Down the little of the street, like a Tracy Chapman song, fast car.
Speaker 2: That's peaks the nervous wreck.
Speaker 1: It would appear all he did was only report back on how good the local spase shop is, to get some snacks for the trades that were working there.
Speaker 7: And it sounded like I had a lot of bacon and egg rolls that you made from Tracy.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, and coffee large cups, short cups, little cups, big cup.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry to say he's insisted. I wonder now.
Speaker 1: He told me he's going back Wednesday to scout ahead to get everything ready now I know he's going to this is go and get more of those bacon rolls and coffee.
Speaker 2: From me, Tracy, Well hide the car caps.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see you Friday morning for the big unveil Tracy. Good luck this week, enjoy all and as always a joy to chat to you mate.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Christian, see you Friday.
Speaker 3: We will the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for this morning's time waster.
Speaker 1: Today on International Monkey Day, we're looking for your monkey movies. The producers have handed me the top five most famous monkeys of all time.
Speaker 4: Hot topic. I like it.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is in there? Pats and Rio Famous keys of all time? Who comes to mind?
Speaker 6: Has that monkey off the Clint Eastwood movie Clide?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right, and it's on the Bigger Ranger Tang, isn't it? Right?
Speaker 1: Hand? Turn Clyde. Don't love those movies any which way, but lose not in.
Speaker 4: The power five.
Speaker 7: The first monkey in space yes, boom number one, al but.
Speaker 4: The second great name for great name, but terrible job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah at number two, bubbles, Oh Uncle Jackson's monkey yep? Uh well three harambe at number four, I know that just made these up.
Speaker 4: At four, a fictional Marcel Ross's pet monkey in French, and at number five, Congo the painting chimp.
Speaker 1: No, I never heard of him, created over four hundred damn strap paint anyway, even sold one to Pocasso.
Speaker 7: He's still painting to Pocasso. Is impressing.
Speaker 1: That should be at number one. If you're that good at our Pocasso, go bloody. I mean, I'm good, but there's levels to this. What's your name, Congo, I'll buy it off you. That's I should be Ross's one in French who just did nothing other than sit on his shoulder anyway. Uh did not care that much about the top five our frankings, but I really do. Turns out all right. Were looking for your monkey movies. Be careful with monkeys, no laughing business, ripped face.
Speaker 7: Off, Oh nothing, My goodness.
Speaker 1: Silver the Big Baboonski Gold Throw Cakhaf on the train, Silver Uss Gone Gorilla, Not gone, Girl Gone Gorilla. Mystery surrounds this story. Silver Ape Fair He Gold, No Donkey Kong Country for old Men, Silver Blas Saving Primate Ryan Gold and seven was a chilling old movie.
Speaker 4: I've got a better one.
Speaker 1: Seven monkeys jumping on the bed.
Speaker 7: Utter, no more.
Speaker 1: Monkeys jumping on the bed? You ever of a not just said Mama's just.
Speaker 4: School to gold.
Speaker 7: Oh I hate that movie, so I still have just about it. Genuinely, he should.
Speaker 1: Have realized the spacey the clues were pretty hiding and playing stone anyway.
Speaker 9: Much nicer movie though, what she got deep chimpacked Little Albert Albert the second up in space.
Speaker 1: Now we know his name?
Speaker 9: Yeah Silver, have you seen that movie about the Mafia monkeys? Oh yeah, Baboon Docks, Saints Bronze. This this gorilla's got to do a big talk during wartime.
Speaker 7: Oh it's King Kong's speech.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 7: And RP.
Speaker 9: She did a lot of good work, but her best work was good all hunting.
Speaker 4: Oh wow to Jane Goodall. Yes, very smart.
Speaker 3: Christian Donald Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show, Today's time waste on International Monkey Day. We look at your monkey movies. Rio, you're primed and ready to mark.
Speaker 7: I'm primates and ready to mar.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this guy's got the singers up for grasses, a fuel voucher, a baboon with a view goal on Tracy King Kong and I.
Speaker 4: Not forgiven, Great Western that unforgiven.
Speaker 1: Silver Monkey, Largo Silva, I know what you did with the last banana. She's the Mandrill Silver any given Sunday Silver plas.
Speaker 4: Chimps playing American football.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: I'd watched that Hunt for the Red as Toba god On Corey I rung a tango and cash, silver plas the Curious Georgia, Benjamin Button, almost pretty and pink bum Primates of the Caribbean Gold.
Speaker 4: When Harry met Sally Gold, important things are poop.
Speaker 1: I thought that was it's smart.
Speaker 7: I guess it's smart.
Speaker 1: Chimpanzoo Lander Silver, tough like Mitch silver Back, Mountain Gold. There's Simeon about Mary. That's very good, Mark, there's Simeon about Mary. I'm Mandril Silver. What about oh, Capuchin Phillips, Steve, that's very good. Steve Harmon did that on Capuchin Phillips, Diary of a Chimpy Kid Gold on Adam Monkey, Magic Mike a strip of chimp.
Speaker 7: Now you're talking, Oh yeah, I don't wonder.
Speaker 4: I said that gave a little bit too much away there, my friend.
Speaker 1: Hey, whatever floats your boke, my friend, you want to pay cash to a chimp? The strips, gives you a little lap dance.
Speaker 4: That's your business. Good for you.
Speaker 7: It's not exactly what I said.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm interpreting it as. Anyway, Where will we tell you what we want?
Speaker 1: We're on the radio Kong in sixty seconds Silver, What about Big Marset's house? What about old Monkey Magic Mic? He's falling to pieces over there, focus for you. We get all giggly.
Speaker 4: Big Marmoset's House.
Speaker 7: Yeah, still gone.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, my cac to the future.
Speaker 1: All right, who is today's al but the second it's.
Speaker 7: A bridge fillers.
Speaker 1: You don't give it to Monkey Magic Mic call a piece of salivating good sessions the headline. Alright, we are back to morow have a g Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shar go on podcast.
Speaker 9: Head to a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount prescriptions in every store every day