Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian no Connel Show podcast. Yesterday we took about your first gigs and we had a call from Matt and his first gig was this year. We give him tickets go see Credit House, and it's the first time he's ever been to a live music concept. Matt is thirty eight and he's now making up lost time he's been to America. I've been see a load of shows out there, but he didn't see his first live music concept until he was thirty eight years of age. So today I want to know what did you call us up on nine four one four one oh four three and go Christian. I'm years old and I've never so for me, I am forty nine. I've never sampled any of the Colonel's fried chicken. I've never ever done KFC, not a fast foods. So now we've done Macca's Red Rooster whatever, but I've never had any of the KFC words. I've never tried any of them.
Speaker 2: You've got to get into the popcorn chicken, but is it.
Speaker 1: Any good than any other fried chicken you get everywhere?
Speaker 2: No, the Colonel's definitely got his own recipe. That's why he keeps it. The secret.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's why I need to try it.
Speaker 2: And what about you, Joe, Well, that reminds me of fast food.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty five years old and I've never had any hamburger from McDonald's.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: I always go the.
Speaker 1: Numb I love the nuggets there, right, that's my default. But you've got to hang over with I thought the cheeseburger is there for you.
Speaker 2: Once I find something I like at actually any restaurant, I'll always default to it.
Speaker 1: And so no, that is not nice.
Speaker 4: By that, I'm speechless.
Speaker 1: So never a.
Speaker 2: Double marcle, just always the nugs.
Speaker 4: Never in Uni days after the big night out home.
Speaker 1: Really never been tempted, heard the first, the hype over the decades.
Speaker 2: Now big max, quarter pounds away, Jack Park. What I can tell you, that's it.
Speaker 4: You're having one tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're ordering mac Is Patsy. What have you never done?
Speaker 4: I've never been I still haven't been to Europe, like I've never been to London, and I've wanted to go since I was fourteen. I've never done that. And closer to home, I've never been to Lunar Park since Kilda.
Speaker 1: That's two. That's two very different. I'm just gonna have to take a moment here, right, We'll get to London a minute. Luna Part Eh, No, London one of the great capitals.
Speaker 5: Of the world.
Speaker 2: Haven't been to you?
Speaker 1: Yes, but Luna Part doesn't feel like so it for your buckets, does it? No? One's going to get like a terminal illness to go with That's it. I need to go in the park. It's when we first moved here and I was like, what is what have we done? Is that knowing? Is it a movie set from a Scooby Doo? I drove last every day. It always makes me chuck.
Speaker 2: What's the last time they upgraded something at Luna Park around?
Speaker 4: To do it, you need to.
Speaker 1: Enter the twenty thousand dollars growing Harvey Norman. Do they do home coasters?
Speaker 4: An old show I worked on. We had an ob there once, so you have been there, No, But I was in the studio for it, so I missed out.
Speaker 2: I was there, you know where you got this close?
Speaker 1: It's so doable. It's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's sody.
Speaker 1: I've never done it because you probably when you think about heart, the mind goes There are so many other picture My kids loved it, were the first time they went there. All right, so this morning, cool us up. How old are you and what have you never ever done? The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian on forty four. I've never seen the movie e t. Christian fifty seven, never been to a nightclub. That's from Michelle Christian on forty seven. Never seen Top Gun and probably never will I don't it out forty seven. Plenty of time, steady, I know the weather's a bit grim. We need to be like that. Oh the regrets we all have it live. I probably never will see Tom Cruise in action. Now on that MiG jet stream it right now. Don't listen to a show anymore. Okay, they're great movies, all right, What have you never ever done? Prove?
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, good morning team, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, proue. So what have you never ever done?
Speaker 5: Well, it's actually two of my very very dear friends. One is fifty three, the other is fifty four, and they've never seen a live gig, never been to a live concert.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm quite stunned by the amount of people never seen a live I've seen it because to me, live music is so it's so exciting. Some of My favorite man memories are so many live shows, and I find that really hard. The burgers I could understand and done the first part. Live music's all the joys of being alive, especially here in Victoria, you know, live music capital of Australia. So are you taking them to a show?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 5: I was on a mission that night. I decided I have to find somewhere to take them. It's actually my mission to take them to at least a big gig like a Rod Labor type thing and outdoor gig, even a bit of a day on the green.
Speaker 1: Nice nicely played proof, played the producers very well. Big, just out there.
Speaker 5: But I got on and I got us all tickets to go and see ice House on Saturday at Sydney.
Speaker 7: My music roll, so that would be great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kick starting their gig with a bit of Australian iconic music.
Speaker 2: We were just about to give you Stewart tickets, but if you already the outdoor.
Speaker 1: Last thing. I wanted to give the Rod Stewart tickets, And suddenly that Midway through Road is not as good as comparison.
Speaker 5: They haven't done you forgot.
Speaker 1: That Sidney Mayer there it's a lovely venue. Those don't shade on ice House. Ice House could be listening right now to this.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so it's my mission.
Speaker 5: I'm excited. I just hope the weather holes out. Yeah, I don't want it to be a bad experience.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what the weather should hopefully better in March. I will give you tickets to for you to go and see Rod Stewart.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Guys, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. I'll send a photo in on in on your email of the three of us, said Rod Stewart on the Green.
Speaker 1: Pro. Well, listen, enjoy ice House. Hey, listen, why don't you Why don't you and them call the show Monday. I'd love to hear a gig review. Gig review is usual. Young Teena's on the Triple J the fifty something gig reviewers. They're going to come on Monday and review ice House.
Speaker 5: I will get one of them to call you, and we don't need to.
Speaker 1: Worry about the details email earlier. Okay, we don't need to wor about that pro. Well done, thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Stuart.
Speaker 1: No I said, let's go hy or take a break, We'll come back with more of these. But Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian my son is fifteen. He's never had a chocolate Claire. What kind of mom? Am? I? You have to correct that today? A life with other chocolate, Clare is no life at all. Christian on forty three. I've never been temping bowling, uh, Kelly. Christian on fifty four, never watched Ferris Butler's Day Off. I can't believe this guy is sixty one he's never had cheese. What I had cheese within about twenty four hours being born. Cheese. That has to be a deliberate choice, doesn't it, sixty one? Because like so many sandwiches and rolls and everything happened cheap pizza. Hey, I can't believe that. I'm calling bull on that one. I'm sorry. Christian on forty one. I've never ever sung karaoke. That's from just again. Some of these it's like, you know your life's not going to be rum because you never did karaoke. Have you heard people doing karaoke? Most of those people should not be doing karaoke. Let's go to Katie. Good morning, Katie morning, how are you? I'm good Katie, So what have you never done?
Speaker 3: I'm forty six and I've never seen Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: So you've you've seen the seen all of the movies, You've seen the hype and best in the books, and you just didn't fancy that magic.
Speaker 7: No love it.
Speaker 3: My son loves it. I've never watched it.
Speaker 1: It seems like your auntie Harry Potter, like you've made a deliberate choice not to.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's called Harry pot headed my house, right?
Speaker 1: Can I ask why?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just a name that we came up for Harry a couple of years ago, and it's the best answer.
Speaker 1: Actually, now I think about it, I thought that was going to lead us.
Speaker 2: Someone who's never seen Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: You talked about him a lot strong opinions on him, held Harry potteread, Katy, thank you very much. You call me Pam, Pam.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 6: Hell are you good?
Speaker 1: Are you well?
Speaker 7: Oh? Mindless?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm eighty one years old and I've never had pizza and I've never had lasag yet.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel jealous. I wish I wish I hadn't either either those too, that I could re experience them for the first time.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not only one type of cheese and frightened. If I had them, they'll have some cheese on them.
Speaker 7: I don't like it, okay?
Speaker 1: And what is that one cheese that you've decided to marry for lot?
Speaker 7: Biggest, strong and bitey.
Speaker 2: I like it too, strong and bite I'm telling you you like pizza? Well, I promise you strong, You're gonna like pizza?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but you'd tell me anything.
Speaker 2: It's not a yeah jack?
Speaker 1: What about Pam? I made you using only strong and biting cheese, a strong and bity bager pizza. Would you eat it? Then?
Speaker 7: We just want to cheese on and nothing else.
Speaker 2: Okay, you need the tomato pace.
Speaker 1: But some people don't, so you would you don't? You don't want the tomato pace with it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, i'd heard you to try it, But what if you liked it?
Speaker 7: Oh God, I've got to eighty one without it?
Speaker 1: What about the next companies? Could be something joyous and different?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm living to one hundred anyway, So okay.
Speaker 2: You God or someone you say the next couple of years.
Speaker 7: Is the voice if I died you for him? One hundred?
Speaker 6: They've got to just try and keep me alive somehow, just to get.
Speaker 1: You a dominoes or she's about to cock it.
Speaker 2: You said twenty minutes or a spree.
Speaker 1: There's no time. Hasn't got twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: You need, Peter, You've got honestly so good.
Speaker 1: Now what about the sagnya No.
Speaker 7: Oh no no no no, no no.
Speaker 1: No, you've got to eighty one. You just don't. You just don't fancy it.
Speaker 7: No, all right.
Speaker 1: So if Pam, if we were to make you this, this strong and bity bager pizza, I promise you nothing else on there, just that the pizza bas and that cheese. Would you try it?
Speaker 7: I'll try it, Yes, I would, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you very much. You're giving us.
Speaker 7: At okay, kill bye.
Speaker 1: It's not amazing. She knows she's going to live to one hundred. Well, I haven't got that guarantee one, PAMs. Jamie, good morning, good morning, good morning. Jamie. Always love to get you on the show. And Jamie, what have you never ever done?
Speaker 7: It's not it's actually my roommates. S's mate. He's never had eggs. He's three too.
Speaker 1: It sounds a bit like that last lady. We just added on he's never had cheese. What do you mean he's ever had any kind of eggs?
Speaker 7: Nothing? We did eggs all the weekend, and he goes, you have eggs, eggs amazing, So.
Speaker 2: He's curious about eating again.
Speaker 1: Just that. Who can say that they do eggs all weekends or open the windows show there's the stuff. Probably asked why he doesn't want them the smell in there. If you do an eggs all week they're bad.
Speaker 7: And he's never had a normal pizza either.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this about pizza. I can't believe people you've never called a great pizza. All right, Jamie, thank you very much. She cool well.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's Show podcast