Speaker 1: Shock elimination last night on Australian IDOL.
Speaker 2: I know, Riley, it's not good, good show, not good that people get eliminated, but not everyone can win.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. But this was the front runner. This was this was such a heartless really Debbie Downer, it's just like it was a shock.
Speaker 3: She's like it was.
Speaker 1: You didn't watch it, did you?
Speaker 3: It's what means.
Speaker 4: You can tell.
Speaker 1: Shut up if you didn't watch it. This happened. Ripley went home nice.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that we have to say goodbye to I know you have given so much of this competition. You are an absolute superstar and we have loved watching New Bro as an artist. Thank you so much for coming and mean.
Speaker 5: When and the person there watching it all unfold telling him his fate was the one and only host of the show, alongside Ricky Lee Scott Tweety joining us now Hollo tweetst.
Speaker 6: It was a crazy night in the theater last night because obviously we're live live for those evictions, and when we read out the verdicts, Ricky and I don't know and I just could not believe that I saw not only Ripley there, but then also imaging like two of our strongest singers. I had kind of penciled them into be in the top four and they got kicked off. Oh.
Speaker 7: I actually was lucky enough to get a private performance by Ripley this morning in the studio, in the radio studio and can confirm it was absolutely incredible. But what I wanted to know is when you're in the top ten now, so you've seen this behind the scenes, you're seeing it all unfold, you knowing the personalities, do you dip down, think you know who's going to win? Like you as a host, do you sort of pick it from now?
Speaker 6: No? I wish we could, but we can't because you don't know what Australia is going to vote for. That was the thing. As soon as Ripley got kicked off last night, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, the.
Speaker 4: Comments were flooding your nella like you guys did it? Like it's We had no control over how and what happens with the voting, so we can only announce what the figures are, So you don't know what people are going to go for. I think a lot of viewers assume that Ripley was a shoe in because he's been going viral every time he things on TikTok, but that's not the case.
Speaker 6: So people have to vote.
Speaker 1: But that's exactly what happens.
Speaker 2: People think, oh, well, other people have voted for him, so I'm not going to bother. I'll put my vote to this person, and it totally unravels. Is there anyone that's in it now that you are at the point where you're like, oh, they're definitely not going to win. That you think would be like a real wildcard if it was to make it to the number one.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that's the great thing about the top ten. Yet we do some wildcards in there, and so I can't I've got my own thoughts in my head. As the host of the show. We are Switzerland support every contested there. But yeah, there's definitely something that I think for themselves, they're kind of shocked they're still in it, but they're entertaining and they're winning over viewers with their personality because we've come out from the very beginning series going it's not just about your voices, it's about the whole package of being a super god.
Speaker 7: I don't think it is personality carries you through like I mean, like I've got the personality I reckon, but they would not get me anywhere.
Speaker 6: With my personality and a bit of a voice. You're gonna have the two there. But it helps because it's all about marketing nowadays. And think about any big pop star. You fall in love with them as well as their music. Yeah, it's what happens in the real world.
Speaker 2: Scott Ripley was saying, well, he kind of implied that he was hooking up with a contestant on the show. Do you hear about this stuff as you're backstage? Do you get the rumors that are flying or is this just a little bit of spice on the sound?
Speaker 6: I wish no, we don't, not really, because we're like the contestants all live in a hotel, like the same hotel. They're auditioning, not agishing, they're rehearsing all the time, so they're working really hard doing the reality packages. So Ricky and I are quite distant from them. But now at this point, when they're like top twelve, top ten, we start to hang out with them more. We're going to take them to more pr events and red carpets and get them out and about. But I didn't know Ripley was looking out with someone. Could be I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is his Ripley swing both ways or is he straight better?
Speaker 6: I don't know. We don't know about their private lives.
Speaker 4: So no, he's.
Speaker 5: Got earrings in both ears like you can't tell it could be both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like hiding, you know, it's not one of these. Don't start these rumors, poor Ripley. We love you, Ripley. Well done. We'll Ripley sleeping with Marshall.
Speaker 5: You heard it here first everyone in Australia.
Speaker 1: We've got both those earrings.
Speaker 5: It is seven pm on Channel seven Australian had returns Sunday, Scott Tweety a great work this season, buddy, thanks for coming back on the show.
Speaker 6: Great to chat to you all. Have a good.
Speaker 5: Day, hey, Next on the pick up a full row of tickets to see the one and only Taylor Swift live in Singapore.
Speaker 1: That would change your bloody live. Yeah I want to miss that.
Speaker 5: A thousand bucks spending money, flights, accommodation and a full row of tickets.
Speaker 1: Your chance after this