Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, the one thing I'm excited to talk about today something I've been working on for a couple of years. I've written a new book and it's out for pre order today, comes out in July, and it's called Unscript, The Radical Act of being Yourself, and it's about something very very dear to my heart, which is about how we connect to each other and what gets in the way to deeper, real connection. And one thing I've noticed, and I know that you all would have noticed this as well in your own lives as well. Over the last couple of years, we are becoming more and more disconnected. As we spend more and more time online. We're losing like this muscle that we have to connect with each other. And the more time we are online, we think we're being social. And if you would, you think, but a social media isn't actually that social. It's more about the algorithm wants us to stay in the algorithm, and it feeds us division and anger. It's not about true connection. That is not where true connection lives in front of each other. We're losing this. And the one thing about why I think radio is a magical, magical media more than TV or anything else, is that radio is about right now and the radio we do and the radio you hopefully like listening to. And we've heard this through so many stories from you guys, day in, day out. Is it's a chance to actually drop the performance that most of us do in all of our lives. There was a point before I decided to move to Australian really change our lives, where I was driving home from a radio show I've done four hours I took for four hours. I built that show that had two and a half million listeners. And you know, sometimes you catch yourself in the mirror. I was stuck in traffic, which was every day in my life in London, and I looked to myself in the rear view mirror and I looked away because I certainly realized, you actually haven't said anything for the last four hours that you actually meant. I'd realized I was performing a version of myself and I think this happens to a lot of us. We're performing a version of us house and it wasn't just a work. I realized it was starting to creep into my home life as well, so I made it. I'm also as how exhausting it is to keep up this performance of a version of yourself. And again, social media is great, there's so many great things about social media, but what it also shows us is a fake version of people. And think it makes us thing that we need to be, some perfect version to have connection with other people. And the one thing I can tell you is that people are starved of real connection. You don't connect to someone trying to be perfect. You connect to someone when they drop the act, when they unscript. As what I've called the book unscript, the radical act of being yourself.
Speaker 1: Being yourself is going to become harder and harder for the next couple years because we're opting out so much of our voice and what to say and what to think, increasingly to AI it's a lot of fake people online influences fake and also AI slop as well. And so the book is called unscript.
Speaker 2: Written it with one aim in mind that actually it helps you get excited about having better conversations because our lives are a series of conversations, and how we talk to each other is actually the quality of our lives as how we connect with each other. And I do think we're drifting apart from each other. And the joy of doing radio is that it's real time connection and its authentic connection. So the book is really that I hope that you enjoy how to have better conversations and true deeper connection wherever you are on your life. So that actually, I think for a lot of people, everyone knows how to speak, but there are certain situations where speaking becomes tricky and normally an old story you have about something somebody said to you once, or something where you felt shame and you don't want to feel that again. I was coaching someone last year who just wanted to have the courage to ask a question on a team's meeting that was public speaking. To her, it's hard these days, isn't it. Put your hand up and ask a question. You're frightened of looking forwarlish But it keeps us locked away, it keeps us imprisoned. We think it keeps us safe, which is why we develop all these different scripts and a mask. But at some moment, that mask in that script that cape us to keep you safe like it did for me for years, will actually imprison you. And so I made a decision to stop performing a version of myself mccaugh become more and more myself and the radio that's been the last eight or nine years, especially since I moved here. The great news about that is it involves a hell of a lot of effort, and actually you realize that true connection, the best conversations you've ever had with your family and friends and your partners, you will have left that conversation where it felt.
Speaker 1: There were no calories spent. It's effortless, you said, I think, oh my god, have we really been talking for four hours? There was no striving, there's no performance. And so that's what that's what I've seen that in Patsy. I've seen that in Rio. Since I've been working with you guys and helping you guys, is where you were Patsy eight years ago and where you are now. It's been an incredible thing to witness as well as if you've become closer to yourself, and I ready producer Katelan as well, where she was now and the bouncing ball of energy. She is running this team and running the show as well along with you. Are you both as well as your journey of becoming more yourself and shedding those masks.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I think that when you talk about when you're talking about you in the car, I think about a song that he'd home with me.
Speaker 7: Is Ben Folds one the best imitation of yourself?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is that?
Speaker 6: And I remember hearing that and thinking about maybe three or four years ago, that is exactly the way I feel. And then yeah, like the last three or four years, just feeling like you don't have to put on an act or listen to those voices inside your head and just be yourself and that that's enough.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to read this book. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Will don't thank you.
Speaker 2: The book comes out in July. You might think, bloody el Christ and is April? Why are you talking about it now? It's out for pre order. If you're go on book Topia and Amazon, you'll find it there. The reason is is that I'm talking about you now, is like, if you are going to get it, please do me favor buy it on pre order. The reason is is that all the bookshops look at pre orders to decide whether or not they're going to stock copies of your book. And so right now someone were thinking, who the hell is this guy? And in this guy on the radio, I can't see them being a big demand for his life story about how to connect deep with people. They look at the pre orders. If there are good pre orders, the book's going to be more easy if you'd buy when it comes out. And I promise you I've put everything I know about connection that the book is full of stories of me basically screwing it up so that you don't have to. It's thirty years of stumbling at home and on air, many stories that you don't have to make, the horrible, messy mistakes that I've made as well. And on the messiness, there isn't a single perfect radio show I've ever done, and I don't ever want to try and do one. This show is all over the place, and I'm sure you agree it is the better for it, because actually the messiness is where the magic is.
Speaker 1: All the stories we get from listeners.
Speaker 2: The last hour of these stories about what you used to think posh was when you were a kid, it's that messiness that's what being a human is. And then the next couple of years, what's being a human? What's real and what isn't human? With AI, it's going to get harder and harder. So the real invitation is to double down on what being a human is. Being a human isn't about being per It's about being messy. It's that inner wido that we all have, and you will have a lot better life when you embrace your inner wido.
Speaker 1: That's what I should have called the book, but it's called in unscript.
Speaker 2: Now, if you go and pre order the book book Topia or Amazon, it really helps me out and as a favor and a thank you, the one thing I'm going to be doing is I'm going to be doing a whole load of these. These are going to be live YouTube shows that I'll only be going to be doing for my pre order pals. So if you pre order the book and you send me your receipt email it to me Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au, you'll be invited to some very unique part book club part whatever it will be. It'll be live from my house, meet with a couple of wines, unscript and uncork it'll be called at Home with Christian from My Home to yours, but that will only be for my pre order pals. If you're getting the book, please pre order it and have a look anyway, read about it online, have a look on Amazon or book Topia as well. You can pre order it there. It's called unscript And when you do get the book, most importantly, I hope you get something from it. I hope you actually stopped reading it halfway through, throw it across the room and then go and have a conversation or tell us story in a different way you haven't done before.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Enjoy today's show.
Speaker 5: You are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Friday morning for Kemis Warehouse. Genuinely.
Speaker 2: On today's show there are fifty Vanettas to be one huge prizes during the next hour, the giveaways must begin because we only have three hours and fifty Vanetta's to give away.
Speaker 1: I so love Jonetta. It was only ever it was a rare thing to have.
Speaker 2: It would only be like it was your birthday all you had or your.
Speaker 1: Friend, Mum and dad had friends over, offer a dinner party.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that was That's when the fancy stuff, you know, not always had the good cutlery.
Speaker 1: That's the china plates you've never seen before.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know that your dad had to go and get out some hidden stash away place like shiny glasses that you were never allowed to even touch your handle, especially not even clean them as well in case we would break them. Chimuine cube cheese used to be a thing. Oh yes, cheese and pineapple as well.
Speaker 8: Chiese yes with a red cherry or a red onion cocktail onion Dinner parties at mum and Dad's was also the only time that we had coffee at our house. It's the only time Mum would do coffee because we were tea drinkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never saw coffee until I left home.
Speaker 8: Wasn't a thing. And you never went out to a cafe for coffee in Australia, No.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. No, my mum sometimes would have it. You know that stuff you get in the jar that real like the granityy, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: That was the cheapest supermarket they love the eighties Rio International Roast. It was something like that that you get really bad cheap motels. Well, I think the blend must be one percent actual caffeine beans and I think just gravel and road kill. It used to taste like an ash stray. I used to want to just sip some of it to see what it was like. It was drinking ash. How could anyone enjoy this first thing in the morning.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's why they had after dinner mint sort of figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to just take the harshness out of their breath as well.
Speaker 2: All right, Every Friday on the show, you know, we call our show the bright so the darl On a Friday, we ask you, what are you looking forward to this weekend? What is the bright side of your weekend? Patsy, what's your highlight for you this weekend?
Speaker 1: What are you up to?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're off to the movies tomorrow to see Michael the highly anti stamat Pio Michael Jackson. Apparently it's in two parts. Apparently this is Chunk one and Chunk two is out maybe next year?
Speaker 1: Is that what they call them? No One Hollywood Chunk Chunk two two?
Speaker 8: And I most of all, I mean this was a soundtrack to our youth, Christian Michael Jackson was huge and it goes up to about bad I think about eighty seven, but what I'm really.
Speaker 1: Looking for, just when they just cut it all out there right before the rumors.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right before the sort of pointy end.
Speaker 1: But his nephew is that one the rumors.
Speaker 8: His nephew is playing him, so ja'far who is I think Jermaine's son is playing Michael.
Speaker 2: And I've seen and even that casting in itself, that family dynasty is interesting anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right. Sounds like Michael looks a little like him, and Dat is like him. So we'll see how good he is, I guess. But yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Everyone is talking about it this week if you go online, it's all they're talking about is what they think of that movie. I really want to go and see it as well. And you know what, I actually think it would have been one of the biggest Netflix shows ever if they broke his life story up into seasons.
Speaker 7: Oh, actually, such a good point.
Speaker 2: I would have run for like now they did with The Crown, which was brilliantly done. With the decades that round for like five or six seasons, and all of them were outstanding, And because each season was like a different decade, the way it looked the news of the time, the context of the time was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I thought that would be a great one for thee. The Michael Jackson story has got so.
Speaker 2: Many different parts to it, phases, decades, looks and stories him.
Speaker 1: Do you remember him dangling Bay.
Speaker 8: Of the Battle when he was in Sydney, wasn't it when he was.
Speaker 1: Out in the tour in the nineties.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it did, really Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was Sarack in it's late nineties. Yeah yeah, the Sad Tour or the bad Tour? What do you mean?
Speaker 7: It was in Germany?
Speaker 1: But all right, I mean I'm not being funny. Australians will try and claim anything was that when they were here. Culture for us Michael Jackson dangling a baby was crowded house and Russell Crow both kiwis. Actually I don't want to break it to yesterday when you're going good. Oh the thing was Bubblo bill came from America, England, No Australians.
Speaker 2: A man called Kevin in nineteen eighty two invented Viennetta and Germany invented Michael Jackson dangling the baby, Get your own baby, Danglars Australia come on.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Friday morning. What are you up to this weekend? What are you looking forward to? What is the bright side of your weekend? Share it with us on four seven five three one oh four three. Dangling update Patty may have been conflating with a very famous baby dangling incident in this country.
Speaker 6: Yes, two thousand and four, Patsy, maybe you're confusing at Steve Irwin little one month old baby Robert in his left arm.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that kid was only one month old and it looked four weeks. I'm looking at a photo.
Speaker 7: It can't even hold his head up, like dangling off the side.
Speaker 6: And there's a huge, big saltwater crop that he's got on his other hand he's got.
Speaker 1: You can still, Babby, look at that photo. It's insane, It's crazy.
Speaker 8: I remember that well, and all the all the headlines, remember that Alex, all the controversy of what was he doing? But hey, the house was at the zoo, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Look at rob now, I don't sorry, I didn't know. I didn't know that was going to be the take from news. Hey look at it now, said trouble with these kids these days. You've never been dangled over the mouse of assault a salty crocodile.
Speaker 1: It's woke, gone man and look at him. Go now it turned out fine. It turned out fine. These days, don't want to be dangled about. If you started some of these sort of team bonding things where people would pay money to be.
Speaker 2: Dangled front by crane. It's a new bungee drunken croc dunking. I'm going to launch a rither to a g. Hackett kroc Dunky Owen should open his own franchise. Yeah, my god, that would make billions immediately, wouldn't. It's living living like being baptized Australian crocodile's mouth and quickly out again before it can snap. All right, bright side of the weekend Rio, you've got quite a bit, is it tonight?
Speaker 6: It's tonight, Patter. You talked about Michael Jackson being big in your generation. Well, for our generation it was Vanessa and Morossi, Oh and Tonight producing Kaitlin and I taking her back to nineteen ninety nine. She's playing just around the corner from where we work here and.
Speaker 2: Very making it sound like she's playing on a corner. Well, she's playing in a great venue.
Speaker 9: She's playing a pub it's a music venue has a corner hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great venue there like that. She's playing in the pub well this year right now doing her vocal exercises. I hope.
Speaker 6: I'm very excited for this song, in particular, she plays you should be the only one you know is name five others. It's this, this, and shine, And that's literally where I max out.
Speaker 1: What I think she's opening with.
Speaker 6: I hoping she's opening with maybe do a double You ain't getting the other one till the end?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way she's doing them back to back because otherwise you're going to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if she knocks it out in the first she's.
Speaker 2: Going to have a couple of drinks and around the corner and then we're done. She's done the two biggest hits, Caitlyn, are you looking forward to this?
Speaker 8: I am so pumped up. I played this song at our wedding because I absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: It's a banger. It is a I've seen her life before also when Papa was in RSL. What was she doing?
Speaker 8: It was at a radio station that I was. It was a live performance and she her voice impeccable, nothing like the nineties artist. They're just brilliant. The voice that she has is exactly how it sounds on the song.
Speaker 2: You are going to have a great night tonight. And that's awesome, Alex. What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 10: Hoop Fairies are playing their first game, their first game, Lunch of the Girls. Yeah, the girls, seven year old twins are running out for the Hoop Fairies against the Galile Exels.
Speaker 2: This Comina Williams, Sisters of Netball Basketball.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, let's hope. Hey, well, I'm hoving at Fairies. Come on, come on, Hoop Fairies. Their best player isn't playing. That's okay, but the girls are going to carry the team on their backs to greatness.
Speaker 1: My word, you're really heaping that pressure on Earl Woods. I may have had a chat to the last night. Now girls, it's on you to me.
Speaker 2: I want you to watch this moving out any given Sunday. It before now we're going to watch it again.
Speaker 10: So I'm going to try not to be too vocal like my father was at my games. My father was none for talking to the coach at halftime. Sometimes he was actually told by a coach once, you know, to sit in the grandstand, Tom, because I just can't take this anymore.
Speaker 2: Do you know what later on today, why don't we take phone calls about your mom and dad being a pain at the touch line? Just a nightmare, because you know there'll be so many mums and dadsy've been sent away or banished. Or there's a friend of mine who is who is a hothead, and he used to coach his daughter's school team netball, and he actually got sacked by the school.
Speaker 1: And then they wouldn't even let him come watch. He actually had to go and aunt he can happen. He was very passionate. He got back watching his own daughters too passionate. We should definitely talk about that. Well, I hope they have know. I just hope they really enjoy it tonight. They do and they absolutely love it. They got their jersey for the first time the other night. And now what positionally where are they? We don't really know. We'll find out tonight. No, No, I forgot one of my daughter's played ball. It's a high. There's no organization. They swarm around them ball. It's like crash bang wallet, It's like bastball. They're all sentence, they're all point Guss.
Speaker 2: My weekend is a very different weekend, only found out last night by just overhearing a conversation between my wife on the phone to one of our daughters what my weekend was going to be. So, I my wife is a student and my two daughters a student. I'm the only one that family with a job right now, and they're all chasing various deadlines this weekend. Our two daughters are coming back for the weekend, which is lovely. And I just heard my wife organizing it yesterday without consulting me. She was like, why don't we all just turn this house this weekend into study house. Dad can do our breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so we don't need to worry about it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you hear your name, you make sure. I paused it went ah, and then she went on, you don't mind you and I was like, well, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, that's a lot. Starts with dinner tonight, preparing tomorrow, chop chop up, getting breakfast read, then clearing that away, getting lunch ready, clean that way, getting dinner ready. Rinch of me on Sunday. That's my weekend. You won't mind, he went mine, He loves to go three meals all weekend. That's me all right, what is the bright side of you? All weekend? Text me O four seven five three one O four.
Speaker 5: Three Christian Color Show Podcast, Christian.
Speaker 2: My dad used to coach my soccer team when I was thirteen. He would scream so loud, and often they brought him a megaphone, which he never used because he.
Speaker 1: Could actually yell louder without it. That's from Laton Christian.
Speaker 2: Right, So weekend, we're looking forward to tapping our toes out to Michael Brackett's Jackson movie Tomorrownight, Vince. I would have presumed it's called the Michael movie. They're presumed that. Obily we know it's Michael Brackett's Jackson. No one's going to it thinking it's just a Michael Bolt movie Time Love and Tenderness.
Speaker 1: They should have called it Michael Brackets italics Jackson movie or just Mike to confuse people the one they don't know.
Speaker 2: Christian, I am recording this is Jamie Morning, Jamie. I'm recording my first podcast episode this week. Good for you, Jamie, what are you doing? Let me know? I wonder how many more of our listeners have got podcasts. They're coming for us and they should be fair. Patsy your husband and a short lived one.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes he did with his mate.
Speaker 1: Patsy made him stop it for being too blue. I heard some of it. It was great.
Speaker 8: He did not know. I had no saying no matter.
Speaker 1: Whatsoever, I let that man sing.
Speaker 8: I was sacked from it, remember, because they had like a little news segment in it. And no, but this was Chris's decision. He said, I don't think you should.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make a podcast series about what went on with pats and her husband's podcasts. That lets her firing.
Speaker 8: No, it was like a graceful exit because he said, I don't think you should have your brand with our podcast because it's really quite dicey.
Speaker 2: In points somewhere on my headphones, it sounded like someone said brand. Did someone come through? Did anyone else hear the word brand?
Speaker 6: That's Patsy's brand? How would you describe your brand?
Speaker 8: My brand? Polish?
Speaker 1: M polish, I love it, I love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, let us know that anyone else listens to who has a podcast? Texts O four seventy five three one O four three Right now, it's.
Speaker 6: The chemist Warehouse, Pride Up Dar the week for three.
Speaker 1: Why are you giving your double thumbs up for for Chemistry House?
Speaker 7: The serav pimple patch. I've got a couple of pimples.
Speaker 2: Bless you stood at the age of you getting the old Timothy pots.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got what you missed. Puberty guys on your forehead. He's still going through puberty. His voice is going to drop any day now. He's had that since Monday.
Speaker 7: I made a big deal.
Speaker 1: I know there was any transmitter they planted.
Speaker 7: Up there, Kaylin goes just before we go on here, Oh, what's that on your spoiled I've just got a pimple make.
Speaker 8: Are the best? Yes, the nature uses them.
Speaker 1: They're brilliant and thirty year old sidekick, So what are you using?
Speaker 6: The sav Pimple patches are these tiny little like sea through band aids. You pop them on the pimple and when in a couple of days they're gone because they make a nice wound healing environment for it, so they accelerate.
Speaker 2: And that is the right way to describe that boil that was there Monday is wounds. It's look, it's nice Andtimius two are actually doing another lap round there. It's got its own solar system and crater system. Actually I used that sera. I started using it a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Sara V. Moisture writer.
Speaker 2: For years, I've been a kills and it's so flip and expensive facial fuel to where it is, it's more expensive than actual fuel. And so now I'm saving a lot of money every months now by getting the Surrey Chemist's Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Moys. It's brilliant.
Speaker 7: It's really good to day.
Speaker 2: I have the skin now of a nine year old boy. A lot of people say, are you using colostrum?
Speaker 1: It's so you touched it, it's so smooth, almost waxy lake. I am a wax and charge you care for small fee, Patsy, what's your priduch of the week at Chemist's Warehouse?
Speaker 8: Well, I have clicked into an unlocked Hollywood's biggest secret?
Speaker 1: Is this part of your brand?
Speaker 8: Yes, it is part of my brand. It is a tool or something that is in the makeup kit of every makeup and hair artist out of Hollywood and now in Australia. And that is a spray. It's a makeup setting spray. When I had an event recently, the makeup artist used it. It's Laurel Paris three seconds setting misted and I said to her, what is that? She said, your makeup will laugh for No, it's brilliant and it does. It is not expensive, and it is available at chemist Warehouse and every makeup artist.
Speaker 1: It holds your makeup in plaint, holds.
Speaker 8: Your make up in place, and it doesn't It stops it from like, you know, just rolling off your face.
Speaker 2: Which when you see that a lot, don't you, You know, you you see just poor women's walking down the street and.
Speaker 1: It says, face, who's going to clear this up?
Speaker 8: Well, when you go through metaphores and you're having hot flushes and stuff, you get hot and it's just it doesn't last as long, so you just put a little bit of a sprits on it. They use it on brides and everyone in TV is using it. It is brilliance in a red little bottle. It's not much more than twenty bucks. It will last you for ages.
Speaker 1: Also, and what's the call pass? I know a lot of people won't want to know what that is.
Speaker 8: Is Laureal Paris three second setting mist You'll see it in the makeup aisle at Chemists Warehouse. It stands out. It's red. You'll see it.
Speaker 1: Greek advice Riles is it's rare.
Speaker 8: It's red.
Speaker 1: You think you can remember that, idiot, it's red. Okay, just ask for that weather red. The lady on the radio, the brand Influencer.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello on air to producers, can we get a male sized nappy for producer Rio? He says, inform me he's severely lactose and tolerant and just had a load of vienna to ice cream. It is six forty five. There's no way you ain't exploding with the next sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: The countdown in the studio.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't have any code of conducts in the studio. That's a given. No pant explosions with lactose and tolerance. Were you instantly ramishing that I for your lactose intolerant?
Speaker 1: It was two.
Speaker 7: I am very very lactose intolerant. But the vienna is just so damn.
Speaker 1: It was I seeing a lampador go for a bowl of spaghetti meatballs. I was so easy, man, It's so early to be having a bowl of ice cream. Just turned quarter to seven in the morning.
Speaker 7: I'm going to pay daily for that.
Speaker 1: Oh my word.
Speaker 2: Alright, okay, it's time to give away. Well, we've got fifty Vonetta's to give away. This week on the show, we were talking about things what do you think was fancy as a kid? And the number one thing that kept coming up, what's it called? Viennetta?
Speaker 4: We all needed more than ever an ice cream cake. With Franchie Setta calling me an instant winner, Christian's giving you were Banettatatta.
Speaker 2: Before the tolerance all right calling now melitis TETs me going, Christian. I've literally just pulled up at the gym. I'm not going to go in. I mean, you're gonna under all the work. I'm just about to have some of that.
Speaker 1: All those four imploton sessions will be pointless if I start. And also I weren't going to stop at one slice. Yeah yeah, addictive. It's just seeing it now, Please take it out my eyes?
Speaker 7: Sorry, sorry, I'll put it.
Speaker 1: Just like a dog.
Speaker 2: Once the dog knows it's there, you know, it just sits and stares at you.
Speaker 1: I can't focus on the break.
Speaker 2: All right, cooling now, who doesn't want free Vanetta? We've got fifty of I'm not giving away all fifty right now, but we need to give away sizable junk right now off Vinetta mel at the gym. Yes, but am I only going to give it to you when you text me an hour's time that you've done your gym workout. Okay, you've got to earn your Viennetta slice. Call him that on the lines already, Germany.
Speaker 5: You are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about when you were a kid. What do you think was fancy? One word coming up and that was viennetta. So I thought, why don't we It was a forbidden thing. It wasn't every weekend dessert. It was like for birthday special occasions, friends coming around, your parents want to get the fine china out and open up that fancy room that was hidden away from you. Oichs the kids and so to down the show. We're giving you free Viennetta. We have fifty.
Speaker 4: We all needed more than ever an ice cream cake. With Franchie Setter calling me an instant winner. Christians even you will Beanetta Hettata given you will Beta Heda Heeta.
Speaker 1: Fifty to give away in Oh. It's just coming up for seven o'clock, two hours, one hundred and twenty minutes. Every two minutes we give away vinetta join the news in the sport, Christian, Are you sending them in the post? Yes we are rich, and yeah we're squishing them through your letterboxes.
Speaker 2: So you if you hear a load of goo hit in the doormat, h's us grant Martin. Good morning, christ and I am also like Rio Lato's and tolerant. I can relate and sympathize. However, please can I have some Viennetta I promise to enjoy in a controlled environment, not a radio shook. Yes, marching you can, Christian, I would love a Viennetta. Currently preparing my golf course for today's play, so can't ring, but I am locked in and listening since sent me your photo of some beautiful looking fairways and greens.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can have a vienna. Don't spin any over the greens, though, what will the members say?
Speaker 2: Christian, I've just got to work twelve minutes before I start. I need a viennetta giving me mad childhood nostalgia. Can imagine the look on my parents and family's face. We're having a family dinner a week Sunday as I walk in chess puffed out, vnetta tucked under my arm like it's no biggie family.
Speaker 5: This is on me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Robert McConville, Yes, you can have that moment, that big win.
Speaker 1: Christian. I can't call in for reasons. I can't explain, all right with the drama.
Speaker 7: Mike calls, gonna see.
Speaker 2: Ia, But can I have a Viennetta? Things taste better when they're free And then there's a photo of it. One of our listeners, Veronica's, just sent this in Christian. I can't believe it's My husband turned sixty last week. He had Vienetta for his birthday cake. Set me a photo this champion brought to Christian.
Speaker 1: They're so small now and squished them together to get one proper, decent, long, great idea.
Speaker 2: I can be honest. I've had a look at the photo of your husband. That guy's at least four beers in and I can see what it is tuk to inside that stubby holder, an icy cold cannon VB that he's got classically.
Speaker 1: That classic green You're right, busy voeb and a Vanetta. No wait, if you want lacto to touring, you will be at the end of that snack, all right? Were you ready to get him away? On air.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Should have practiced that before her. Fran.
Speaker 11: Good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Fran, you fancy some delicious Viennetta.
Speaker 11: You know I've never had a vanta.
Speaker 3: The other thing is it was my daughter's birthday yesterday and I forgot together her a birthday cake. So I would love a Vannita. Please please, please?
Speaker 1: That apparently is the crack of a Vinetta.
Speaker 8: Oh, chocolate crackling when you cut through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, needs to be a.
Speaker 7: Christians giving.
Speaker 1: You would be he a whin. All right, Fran, you've got the Viennetta. All right, let's go to Kathy. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, here you going, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Kathy fancies in Viennetta?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, please, I've only worked for its two hours and I am in aid of a nice sugar creamy hit.
Speaker 1: We can give you that, now. What what do you do? You've already been to work for two hours?
Speaker 3: You start, Well, I do, but if I tell you, I'll have to kill you on afraid it's top secret.
Speaker 1: Oh you work for Triple I'm on the breakfast show. There.
Speaker 2: You really will need a sugar hit. Absolutely, Christian's giving you.
Speaker 1: It needs something, there, doesn't it. We've got to come in with something. What is it? Whatever it is, it isn't that it's an elimination. Shut up home, Kathy, have a lovely weekend. Good morning, Reese. Reese there, yeah, reesey fancies in Vianetta.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, min a lady cut out of her knee.
Speaker 1: I'm you within us now. It's so good, Reese. Don't worry about the old whites can be like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Christians give it something, will Eda Eda Reese, you gonna eat a v.
Speaker 1: And lyrical style.
Speaker 2: His pants? Well done, well done. One more caller, This needs to tighten up after seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know this is a lucy goosey, but after that needs going to Karen.
Speaker 12: Hello, hell, are you going on?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna county fancy? Hey, Karen, would you like one, two or three? When were you like one, two, three or five? Janetta's You can.
Speaker 3: Give me as many as you like in this Karen complaining.
Speaker 13: Yes, you just won three Christians giving you were being five via netters for Karen.
Speaker 7: Yummy, put that in your tummy.
Speaker 1: It won't cost you any money, money, money, Hey, we got there.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Big Giveaway forget about the secrets sound up and down the dial, dumb cash giveaways. This is the biggest thing on.
Speaker 2: The radio this morning. Flick around. You will feel short changed. You'll come back, You'll come back for the viennetta. Oh yeah, you know what I'm thinking. It's been I don't realize it would be this huge. There are so many text message people begging. Begging is if I'm giving away cars on lots of money for five six months. But we love freestyle. You can go and get it right now. You don't have to type out the message.
Speaker 1: You might take me in for a minute for the night. Anyway, We've got about forty of these fifty v ETAs. I'm thinking now we start a new streak every Friday, a retro prize giveaway next week. Maybe it's a soda streme. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What are the retro things that people would love over the next couple of weeks. Text in what would you love? It starts with a viennetta? Where do we go next?
Speaker 1: Friday?
Speaker 2: Four seventy five three one oh four three, Hello Gold FM. My name's Christian. It's a bit impersonal. It's like that up there to you get the post deer occupyer that's what I had. The other other day. I thought it was the army. They were going to kind of bulldoze my home. Dear occupier, I thought it some Donald Trump. I really want a Vinettel. When I was a kid, my mum would get get them out, but only for her tennis friends.
Speaker 1: We were never allowed to have any for her tennis friends. That's so funny. It's funny, and mom's a dad has had. We're friends with people who are certain things and like the tennis friends. Please I never had one these things. Question.
Speaker 2: Please can I handle Michelle Hanigan? You absolutely can. Christian, I'd love of Vionette. It's my birthday on Sunday. I've had to organized my own present, the dinner as well. May well have to organize the cake as well. That's song, Nicole Bellino. We will give you. The least we can do is you can have two squish them together. They're a little bit smaller than they used to be back in the day. All right, we're doing double thumbs up. We do this every Friday. What are the things that we're really into and enjoying at the moment. A couple of quick ones for me. The pit one of the best TV shows the last ten years, an incredible TV show. Cannot recommend it hard enough. The second season just finished last weekend and was beautiful and incredible, credible. That is a work of art. How they've made that so good?
Speaker 1: That show?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love the bit Also, I love John Hamm second season of Your Friends and Neighbors that's on Apple TV. Very funny, great idea as well. And then go into the cinema this weekend and go and see Project Hell Mary. I cannot say enough good words about that movie. It reminds me of why as kids. I think as kids we were so lucky. Before there were big franchise movies and Malta versus, there were great stories. You think about Spielberg, George Lucas, just really good storytelling that was charismatic, had big stars, big sort of action sequences, and it was good people overcoming something. Ryan Godzlin stuck in space with that intergalactic I don't know who Rocky is, a crab or whatever it is. It's a relentlessly funny, heartfelt, optimistic movie.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's relentlessly optimistic, and we need to have hope right now being given back to us and that's what that movie does. There's a reason why it is becoming one of the biggest movies over the last couple of years. It's not part of a franchise. It's an incredible story. It's a joyous movie, isn't it. Guys, Pats nats, you've seen it.
Speaker 8: It's beautiful. I think optimism is a really great point. There's just all this you tomitt it, little bits of joy right through it. I loved it, our family loved it.
Speaker 1: See it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big it for us as well. I'm facting it. I've booked to go and see it again next week.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the Heydays. It's got that hormmark. So it's not a Spilberg movie, but it felt like a classic Steven Spielberg movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would describe it genuinely as et for grown ups. Yes, I couldn't make it any clear. I can't think of it clear a way to set. But I guarantee if you go and sit this weekend, you will you'll want to call and actually talk about it Monday.
Speaker 1: It really lit my whole family up.
Speaker 2: It's hard these days to all when you got two teenagers that want to see.
Speaker 1: They just want to see that new one, the drama.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yes one, yeah yeah, is it.
Speaker 2: Older, old mate. He's in every other movie now, the new shallow may.
Speaker 1: Lordie, Lordie. They're all interchangement, aren't they, Shamona, I can't do this one, Jacob. If you've got this one, then you owe me. They're like they must be on the subs bench. They're in every other movie, those two. They want to go and see that, and so as I. Please can we go and see Project Hill Mary. We loved it as a family. It's a great movie. Go and see that. Don't wait for streaming, go and see it the cinema. Well, it's what movies were made for. All right.
Speaker 2: I'll be back with our double thumbs up coming up next. What have you really enjoyed this week?
Speaker 5: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: I know we're in a cost of living crisis. Fuelders at an all time high. I just never thought I'd see people begging me for a free Viennetta. Christian, please please please a Vianetta. When I was a kid, it was my birthday cake every year growing up same here. I only ever saw it once a year. It really was like a treat, like a big deal to see that coming out. You know, as a kid, you just lose your mind.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Now being on a pension, I can no longer afford this. This is Juli, thank you so much. If you could spare a cake Charles Dickens scene right now, isn't it please? Of course, Judy, you can have two Christian my wife and I really loving last One laughing. Second season on Prime host by Jimmy Carr. It's very funny. I'm watching it at the moment. Second season have gone extra. Couple of comedians and Ramish who's very very funny, and David Mitchell as well.
Speaker 1: If you've ever seen the quiz Show, the panel show would allow to you.
Speaker 2: David Mitchell's a regular on that. It's such a funny show. A bunch of comedians in a house, last person not laughing when the whole thing is to make each other love.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. Yeah, I've never really really good idea. Right, that's very good, right, Yeah, Patsy, what are you enjoying? What are you giving a double thumbs up to this week?
Speaker 8: Our family? It's not new to Netflix, but it's new to our family. We've just discovered it. Down for Love. If you like love on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: I did love that. I thought it was beautiful.
Speaker 8: Adore this. It's a New Zealand production. It's absolutely joyous and he watch as people with Down syndrome navigate the world of dating. It is absolutely heartwarming. It is uplifting and it's just pure sunshine in what you know. This world can sometimes be a little hardcore right now, and it's just lovely to sit down for an hour as a family and watch these people just spring to life, life and fine love. It's absolutely gorgeous. We cry at times. It's just they are such amazing people and it's beautiful. It's called Down for Love and it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Ria, What are you up to at the moment.
Speaker 6: I've just finished watching Netflix have an untold series that they've done, like the America's Cup one, Johnny Manziel Mouths in the Palace. The latest one is about a chess scandal, which I've seen all the others.
Speaker 1: No way, come on, not five or whatever.
Speaker 6: It is all right in the one corner You've got Magnus Caulson, the Norwegian goat, been world champion for sixteen years.
Speaker 1: I've just seen the.
Speaker 5: Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Still got so many butt slabs. Would you call it a slab, which there is the only in the slab format, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What what do you call.
Speaker 2: A loaded plural of vit logs?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: That what do you call what's a collective term for many Vinettastian Venetians? Now that's the blinds. One of our listeners actually confused thinking we were giving away Venetian blinds. We need those, we need those house. That's next week's give away, the Venetian blinds. Christian and the Gang. I work in a primary school. I would love to win some vienetta for the hard working staff staff here. It would make a great Friday treat. Lizzie, that's a very genterstance. Definitely were sway up with the couple. Christian having a viennetta was such a treat growing up. You're right, we're in our house. It was chicken and chips on Friday, which was another great treat. At the end of the school week. Meals were different on a Friday, weren't they allowed. It was like the end of the week. It was your mom and dad. It was the end of normally a really hard working week for them and you kids were rewarded with a different kind of meal that was only there on a Friday. In fact, there should be like a Friday Night dinner cookbook of those things that used to that people used to you know, mom and Dad used to make only on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: It was the only day that we.
Speaker 2: Were allowed fish and chips in our house grown up count It was of course on a Friday. We were also allowed to stay up and watch a movie that would actually start Christian at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Mum would then bring out the viennetta and give us two pieces, eg what.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I would love when Elvin it's a surprise my family. It would surprise. Kids now wouldn't know what that is.
Speaker 1: No, they wouldn't go, oh my god, Yeah, they're just going to roll the rise. That was a big deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, even when you get Uber eight's, they're so used to getting it. Like we used to have fish and chips on a Friday was a thing, a thing. It's like, oh my god, it's fish and chips. You shouldn't wait to get home from school because you knew it was fish and chips.
Speaker 2: That night Yeah, they say that certain memories have like a taste. So I can taste the sharpness of the vinegar and the it's extra salty. This upon those fish and chips. All right, it's time for today's people's playlist.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music, and just.
Speaker 7: When it ate, somebody fray the station.
Speaker 14: Choy play the people's playlist?
Speaker 4: Christian calling right now?
Speaker 5: When help?
Speaker 4: Christian?
Speaker 7: Big the songs for Friday Show?
Speaker 2: Okay, wey Friday on the show. You're in charge of the music. We turn it into one big juke box. We give you a theme. You gave us all the songs today, songs with people's names in the titles.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what do we have to play?
Speaker 8: Really hard this week? So many good songs, but I've gone with Valerie Amy Winehouse.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a talent, water boys, this is a Friday banger.
Speaker 8: Little right back to about Amy. She was a Saduko fanatic and very good at it.
Speaker 7: Apparently I did not know that.
Speaker 1: This interviewed Damie wine Else come the times. I did not know that she was. That is a killer. In fact, actually, pats where did you find that form?
Speaker 8: Mister Google? But I'm more interested in you talking to her, I.
Speaker 2: Asked Jeeves, mister Google, I get there being actually pats though, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, mister Google. What is the news today?
Speaker 8: No for that, What was she like to.
Speaker 9: Any of you?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, many many many years ago before she became famous. They often when there are radio awards, you would have seen these over the years that have a musical actor, isn't that well known, And then when they're very well known, they would never want to do.
Speaker 1: Such a soul sucking room as us radio people.
Speaker 2: But I think it was like mid two thousand's hostess, and I didn't really know who she was other than the record company saying she's going to be a big star. And she came on, she did three songs. Everyone was talking to each other. She was incredible. Still gives me a goose months now. You know when you see someone just like a fully formed, unique talent that's like nothing you've ever seen before. And it very felt like she had a voice from a different era, you know those motoile amazing voices.
Speaker 1: Incredible voice. That's a great one, Patsy, what are you going for, Peggy se old timer? No, I'm going to the eighties. Yeah, and now the old record connects. It would have been the eighteen eighties. No, I did only one.
Speaker 10: In fact, this is a one hit wonder if you've ever heard one Tony Basil Mickey.
Speaker 1: Banger, this is a This is great. It's moved from Grammified Records.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Sabina I would have gone with PEG.
Speaker 10: You know that she did the choreography for Once upon a time in Hollywood Tony Basil.
Speaker 1: She was like a dancers today with the folks. That's incredible. Is that cool? Yeah? Sure, it's not just a guy called Tony Bail with an eye. I'm not I'm not going with your one, Pats, Okay, what about whine House? Yes, Basil Rio, what are you going for?
Speaker 6: What a I most watched videos on YouTube is this Googo doles Iris Live in New York, two thousand and four. It's got one hundred and sixty million views. If you get a chance to watch it today. The rain is pouring down. The crew is screaming at them, come off, come off. He waves them off. The rain is like heavenly biblical downpour comes down. It's like getting higher and higher up their leg as they play. The crowd sixty thousand people on each other's shoulders.
Speaker 7: It will get it goosebumps just talking.
Speaker 4: Watch.
Speaker 6: The story is that it will stir something in your soul. Watching it is brilliant. So on YouTube, on YouTube they live where it's at Buffalo, New York. But if you just type in Iris live, it's the first one that comes up because it is epic.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going for Big Stones Fan. I'm going for jump in Jack Flourish. I also love this song because this great intro as well. Love the song was a great sprawling intro.
Speaker 1: Stone used to do this a lot like the forty seven second Kimmy Shelter. And then you've always got to keep an eye on the audience here, and by that, I just want to look after the upper end, the elderly ones.
Speaker 2: Ben She and Sydney. They don't like change. Suddenly there's a Rakish cab of an englishman on the radio and then my word, my word, what is going on here? This says a lot of change. I've got a song that is going to calm them. The song that my mom used to play a lot.
Speaker 1: Sylvia's mother dr Hook, don't go to ben Fordham too easily. Olderness is in Sydney, Come.
Speaker 5: On, give me a chance.
Speaker 1: I also like Dr Hook too. Bornham's not got this o connor has? That's right? Venue who don't go to smooth? Keep her locked here? Silvious mother? Come on a person? Time of doctor? Who is a person? Tide of Life? All right? Songs with names and the titles? What have you got?
Speaker 5: A Christian O'Connell show podcast People's playlist?
Speaker 2: We do this every Friday. We give you a theme, you pick all the songs. You turn a show into a giant jukebox. After eight, how many Vonettas do we have to give away? Is it thirty eight? But Chitu Kaitlin schools and the dors? How many Vanettas left of the.
Speaker 8: Peachy Da Vianetta is ready.
Speaker 1: To go fantastic? Christian?
Speaker 2: Can I have a Viennetta for my father in law's eighty seventh birthday next week? He would absolutely love one of these? He's got very cheap false teeth, Michelle. He can have them, Christian. For no reason, I just want something for free? Can I have a Viennetta?
Speaker 1: No? Because you're a gig pig. Yeah.
Speaker 14: They were listening and Parlin and choosing the music and just.
Speaker 7: When eh, somebody.
Speaker 4: Pays the station, Charny play the people's play Listen Christian, call in now and help Christian.
Speaker 1: This song for Friday show Christian, what about Jesse's Girl?
Speaker 2: Rick Springfield banger of a song. Let's go to Will. Good morning Will, Happy Friday.
Speaker 5: Good morning Christian and career.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday to you guys as well.
Speaker 2: Now Will, what can we play you? What would you love us to play? It's good to have a person's name in the title, mate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would like to hear some country good Old Dolly, Joline, Juan Brilliant jo.
Speaker 1: I'm begging ear, please don't.
Speaker 2: Take joy banger will. Thank you very much, eclat have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: That's kind of like, I'm just potting it all out. I bang, I come out at the eight o'clock Bang. Hey, good morning Australia. It's eight o'clock. I'm straight into Jolne. What do I queue up next?
Speaker 1: All those old timers who are sitting on the fence about me in Sydney Sunday like Ben for I ain't getting me today, Okay, I'm going at Richard.
Speaker 2: Wilkinson on Smooth Yes, Yes, this Sunday Love songs.
Speaker 1: Not yet, it's hovering, it's having don't make me Tom. Good morning Tommy, Good morning christ I'm good Tommy too. Tom. What would you love us to play?
Speaker 12: I would love for you guys to play a good little bit of Tom Jones for Wila if you.
Speaker 1: Could, big song, big voice. Wow, this blows the speakers off a few old boys, old boys, those leather cats. He was a Vienetta. He had down his pants and not the shrunk one. Now the lot. Yeah, Tom might play that. Thank you very much, and let's go in our test.
Speaker 12: Good morning Tests, Good morning Kristin and crew.
Speaker 1: Test. You had a good week.
Speaker 12: I've had a great week.
Speaker 1: Now what can we play you on the show today?
Speaker 12: Oh I'd love to hear Rosanna by Toto.
Speaker 2: It is in the mixture next hour. Definitely going to play that. This is a great song. We're going to play this test and test.
Speaker 1: Is this just for you?
Speaker 2: Is it work, mats as your family, anyone? You want to dedicate this.
Speaker 12: To my daughter? She's a drummer.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, she's in a band.
Speaker 12: She's in a jazz band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hodie.
Speaker 1: Hell what are they called?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 12: She's part of Spectra Jazz Women's Orchestra.
Speaker 1: You heard about them here first guys, Wow.
Speaker 12: A gig this week at Lazybones.
Speaker 1: Also how she has a great gigs.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to plan for the next hour. And what's your daughter's name, Sophia, Sophia? Good luck this weekend? All right, thank you very much for call and take care bye.
Speaker 5: Christian Color Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: We particcate and remind me going how many Vanettas to give away till the next seventeen minutes of radio must be gone before the eight thirty strikes eight thirty.
Speaker 8: News twenty five delicious?
Speaker 2: That's that's a I don't want to ask sometimes what goes on out now?
Speaker 1: I think she was going to tell us twenty five? Is it that difficult?
Speaker 4: Eating more than ever an ice cream cake? With Franchie Setta calling me an instant winner.
Speaker 7: Christian's given you a.
Speaker 4: Ban Netta Hedda Setta.
Speaker 7: Giving you a Beanda.
Speaker 10: Hedda Hedda.
Speaker 2: Rio and I only just made it for the start today's show. We ran a deep undercover operation to the straight.
Speaker 1: Top our Moves yesterday to get these being Ettas through the strait under the cover of darkness to give them away to you today. So please don't put our dead doing while you were sleeping. While you were sleeping, we were going through that straight off our moos.
Speaker 2: Turns out if you go take a wide and left, they can't see you. You go wi they think you're going right and you do a little cheeky nutmeg you go.
Speaker 1: Whoa around there?
Speaker 7: Don't tell everyone?
Speaker 1: God, what have I done? Okay, it is time to give away twenty twenty five being ettas well.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give away quite a few right now. Okay, this message here will really warm all of our hearts.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I work in a day chemotherapy unit. The nurses all deserve a Friday treat. You really do. That is what incredible work you wantus all do. It has been a really bad week here and we're all understaffed as well. Please please, please can we have some Vonetta? Yes you can. That is the and send the reply of finding out where are they? That is the day therapy unit, Concord Hospital, Concord, Sydney. You can absolutely have Viennetta's. Is there anything else we can treat you with as well? And thank you so much for how you guys show up and do a really really tough job and people having a terrifying time in their lives. I know you'll make such a different in a tough time as well. If you want Vnetta, it's the least we can give to you. You should be far more paid than that, but we will give you. That's the least we can do with some Vionnetta.
Speaker 1: How many do you need?
Speaker 2: How many of you you're obviously listening right now. How many are working there? Then we work out how many we've got to give away. Okay, cooling now, then Vinetta's up for grabs.
Speaker 5: Who are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week on the show, where we ask you when you were a kid, what do you think was fancy? The number one most commonly discussed thing was Vonetta welsh Wi and just how it was a forbidden treat birthdays only maybe if you went round Nana's she might give it.
Speaker 1: She was a treat. Now you and nan would.
Speaker 2: Always break all the rules, yes, just so she pour spoons of sugar into your mouth, then send you back home bouncing off the walls. So this is why we're in the situation today, why I've manage organized giving away fifty Vanetta's.
Speaker 1: We have eighteen left to give away right now.
Speaker 4: We all needed more than ever an ice cream cake with brunchie setter callin be an instant winner. Christian's given you were Beanetta heetda Heetta, given you a Beanetta hedda Heeta.
Speaker 2: Rihanna wants you to know Rio this theme song of yours, and you said a very high standard hits her favorite one ever, Christian at the end of the year piece, can we have the hottest one hundred of Rio's opening thieves one? Andrew maybe a loop a loop warm one, but that one gets my vote, Rhianna and I agree, it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Christian.
Speaker 2: I am a patient at Concord Hospital, the chemotherapy unit there and what you were talking about the work they do. The nurses at that hospital constantly go above and beyond in the level of care they do. Oh, they're going to love about the listening right now. We just spoke them off there. Please give them everything you can, they deserve it and more. Thank you very much for your message. Sending you lots of love, Hailey, Christian Core memory unlocked. When I was a kid in the nineties, I knew we were not well off, but any time we got Vanetta maybe once a year. I thought we must be doing a bit better in life. It was the fancy of deserts. You existed, Hailey, Yes, you can help on definitely Christian. This is Paul Christian. My girlfriend Sinny has never tried a Viennetta. She's from Taiwan. They don't have them over there.
Speaker 1: They have everything in Taiwan, but they don't have Vanetta. You're can have one for your girlfriend city. All right, this is random minute. Listen.
Speaker 2: I let's talk about the white Vanetta elephant in the room. All right, I'm giving away sixteen?
Speaker 1: Are you going my too?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 1: Where are you going? Left? Let's call it?
Speaker 2: You gonna celebrate my mum's eighty fourth birthday on Sunday? Any chance we can have two vans? Oh that's what it is, the plural vans. Oh, yes she can, Yes, she can, Josie, Yes, and happy birthday to your mama on Sunday as well. Maybe played some doctor hook Sealby's mother, Bro. They love it's that catnit for the old tars. Tanil, Yes, ry Hey, Tanil, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if I could have a being an answer.
Speaker 8: I'm pregnant with twins and all I've been dreaming about since I heard it on the show, visually dreaming, yes you can, and.
Speaker 2: Yes your fevered dreams right now? And how many months into being pregnant twins?
Speaker 1: Are you? Nearly?
Speaker 8: Six months?
Speaker 1: Six months?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: And how are you going? You seping the children the night?
Speaker 5: Not really?
Speaker 8: I also have a two year old, so not really.
Speaker 1: Could you have a busier life right now? Six months?
Speaker 2: Print with two more? You're growing two more? You need two v neettas, then one for each of the twins.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, We're rushing them to you right now. Okay, all right, have a lovely weekend. Good luck to now.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh hang on a minute, Hang on a minute.
Speaker 1: You know what we've forgotten. You didn't remind me on purpose. Thank you. You are naughty. You give him a bit of Praiseranna and and I'm afraid he doesn't pay the piper Newdy Nudy. We agree nar Ago to buy this off with an improvised wrap after it to do with the name. She's tight, she's to now she's got twins.
Speaker 7: Yep, Christians, giving you were ban Netta to Neil.
Speaker 6: The via Nanetta is gonna make you feel much better.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what he's got for Gail. Gail, welcome to the Great Vonetta Giveaway.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 3: I'd love to have some vionnet for my beautiful grandchildren, and I want to show them what I had when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: And how many grandkids you got?
Speaker 3: I had three?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Okay, well that you can have three Vanetta's Oh thank you. That's quite right now, girl. Would be really great if we could real could rap.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: No, no, it'd be great if you could wrap something involving all the grandkids' names.
Speaker 1: So Rio, get that pan out, Gail. What are the grandkids called?
Speaker 3: Ah, Indiana, Courtney, Courtney.
Speaker 2: That's three you're missing one. You can't leave one outs.
Speaker 15: Indiana Courtney and Alisa, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, stay here for your winning song.
Speaker 6: Christians, given you were being Netta for Alyssa Courtney. Also, don't forget Indie Indiana.
Speaker 7: Anda.
Speaker 1: Hey, now there girl, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Sonya, good morning. Is that someone yelling at her out there? One of our team? Sonya?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 15: They need the Vienna? Who have got twenty five men here in a distribution then a screaming at me for the vienna because you've made them so hungry and we need it.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask? What are the twenty five men doing there?
Speaker 11: They trading walking around, fork listening packing?
Speaker 1: All right, you work in a factory, yes I do, all right? And what's your business called?
Speaker 11: Small distribution center?
Speaker 1: Right? She got so? How many? How many v nettes do you think your knees?
Speaker 11: Oh well, we don't need one mouthfu each. We need a big eah, so about six to a.
Speaker 2: Gray big slices, aren't they in between yelling at coolers?
Speaker 1: What have we got?
Speaker 8: We have nine left?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, sonya, do we do you need eight? Can I can? I? Can I offer you? Seven?
Speaker 11: Yes? You can be nice? Are we loving me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: Today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mention you were being Netta for the forklift drivers. We are gonna feed those hungry fellas.
Speaker 7: Fellows yea, and.
Speaker 1: All the work mates. Thank you very much in calling.
Speaker 11: Thank you boy, have a nice camb you take.
Speaker 1: Care, sonya? How many we got now? To give aways? It just too every time we go to it.
Speaker 2: It's either it was borat Ernier and now Doris day Enough enough okay, we have two left to give away four seven five three one O four three Why do you deserve one of the Golden two?
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We have the last two of fifty Vonettas to be one. Christian joined the show today. I'm on the school run a mum of three teen. As soon as I had you talking about Vonettas, it took me back and reminisced how great they used to boy the boys and the car, saying what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: They've never had one. They had to get on chatch ept to go and find out what it was.
Speaker 2: I'm such a bad parent. Please Christian, help me rectify my neglect. Lucia.
Speaker 1: Yes you can have one, and only one, though.
Speaker 2: The last one goes to this Damien Brightsider one one seven Christian, I need Viennetta. My wife has made me take two days and you'll leave just to clean out the study and garage.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, I get it.
Speaker 2: I feed a man tantrum coming on my south Damien as a fellow man.
Speaker 1: Baby. Yes you can have a Viennetta. That has annoyed me to do that. Life's too short, controversial that one.
Speaker 2: I just hope the Viennetta takes this thing out of it. When you hear that crack, it's the only good crack you're going to be having this weekend, my friend. All right, so today's time waste. We're looking for your ice cream bands. Five hundred dollars for the Western Show Hijinks Hotel gift card Hijinks Hotel where fun checks in and boredom checks out Search Hijinks Hotel.
Speaker 1: All right, so ice cream bands, A.
Speaker 2: Lot of talk about it today with the Viennetta's, Vinetta, James Gold, Marvin Gaytime Silver plus Maxi bon Jovi.
Speaker 1: See them live. You always has one, always sings.
Speaker 2: Talk yes said about Bubblo bill Bubblo Billie Eilish you can bring out.
Speaker 1: Her own one huge connoisseur mix a lot connoiser mix, a lot goal and vanilla icy pole still icy hell rio, What have you got? Ice cream? Ice cream bands?
Speaker 7: Mister mister have had a career change.
Speaker 1: Oh God, what's happened? Then?
Speaker 7: Mister Whippy, you do go?
Speaker 1: Mister Bromsey, mister b mister Bromsey with no nuts on top.
Speaker 7: Pistachio speedwagon, Oh not.
Speaker 1: A lame comedy. Another bronze you're picking them up now.
Speaker 7: Phelps Messina Turner.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's good. He's going up silver for that one. Has you got a Goldie today?
Speaker 7: Hug and duft punk?
Speaker 1: What the German?
Speaker 7: Hugg and duft?
Speaker 1: Now he's sounds like the Swedish chef. Which country are you in? Silver? That's it? You the news right, the news right now?
Speaker 2: Rio goes, I'm actually spoiled for choice. This guy sometimes is so smug. It's just because he was a debate and winning debate count. He went, I'm actually not so many great ones. I don't know what to choose.
Speaker 6: You know what I think is actually happened. I think you've looked at my book three of them.
Speaker 1: Christian?
Speaker 2: Where'd you get those from me? I think you know? I saw you around here earlier. Oh yeah, you're looking for nappies.
Speaker 1: And she thought I might have some. I keep them on the back there if you didn't need them anyway. Where are we right now? Guys? Where are we? Team?
Speaker 8: We're time?
Speaker 1: I'm not joking, I don't not really confused.
Speaker 7: Where are we? What day?
Speaker 14: Hell?
Speaker 1: What year are we in? Right now? Mike Grace, where's Rocky? If you know you know? Text me?
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five three, one oh four three, and other parts that Pats generally thought.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I was having a moment. It's nice, Who am I am? I in London stool? It's in nineteen ninety eight. It's Beckham plaining texting or ice cream.
Speaker 5: Bands are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All the Viennetta's have gone? Who knew? Were you overthinking? Radios?
Speaker 9: Fifty vanettas one of the biggest giveaways we've ever had. I'm still getting actually really heartfelt messages about why they would just slave as simple Viennetta. We need to keep the retro prices going every Friday. Now, yes, now, if you've got any ideas, text me, oh four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The reason why I selected vonettas of today is because this week we were talking about what was.
Speaker 1: Fancy as a kid. It needs to keep in that streak. I also always think that Imperial Leather soap was very, very fancy. We did not have that.
Speaker 2: We had some sort of My mum worked in her was a nurse, so she would just get the hospital soap. It's like unperfumed, downe rock solid sort of thing they have in maximum security prisons. Putting a sock beat each other with this thing would last fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I think my mum still got the original bar of soap.
Speaker 2: Do you want to see it down to a sliver like a pebble or a ship or something like that. I think she's she's still on it from about nineteen eighty six. Imperial leather, to me was like a really posh thing.
Speaker 7: Is that the one that's got the little step in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the cell? Imperial leather. It was having the word leather, an imperial leather, King's leather. Oh my god. Probably good fruit the royal family.
Speaker 2: They probably just smashing that Vienetta and then cleaning themselves.
Speaker 1: Also Pewter.
Speaker 2: Caitlin came in and said, what about raydox bath salts? And we gave some of these way while ago people went crazy for them. They did bar salts also under that kind of And that's fancy, Lorie, you're turning your nose up.
Speaker 1: You don't think bar slights of fancy.
Speaker 7: No, I think bards are fancy fools.
Speaker 1: Giving away bars non actual. But we're going to wash the listeners.
Speaker 2: Not a bad idea for some of the last week Man. That time we went out west Hello, Sorry, I don't know what happened there?
Speaker 1: All right, ice cream bands ready to mark forgrets, the best in show, five hundred dollars, have some fun at the Hyjinks Hotel. Metallicts, Metallicts. But Nathan Simon and Gelato, that's very good. World done.
Speaker 2: Anthony Edward, no take two, Elton Neapolitan, John the apologym sorbet Z so bazy Silver Pla one Eater Spice Girls. That's so good. Paul, well done. Cornet to Toe, Cornet to Toe.
Speaker 1: Just played there.
Speaker 7: Very good gold as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Santo's got this Ariana Sunday Silver Plas. It's very good. Fleetwood mcflurry silver Scoop Dog one coffee. Coffee is Indian ice cream. Richard, very good reference, it's very good. Florence and the ice Cream Machine. I love to see Florence with a soft served machine on stage. Silver Witnesses Me Maxi, Bonnie Tyler Silver padel Padellade Pop.
Speaker 7: That's very good.
Speaker 2: Gold Steve Gilbert for that one. Sneado Connoisseur. It takes some beatings.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Matthew McDougall for that one. Shernade o'connoisseur is very good and finally McDonald's fifty cent code.
Speaker 1: Goal Tim wardle, that's very good. Who is the winner today?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 6: One clear winner, Shernad o'connoisseur, Yes, it has to be.
Speaker 1: That is Matthew McDougall.
Speaker 2: Matthew McDonald sounds like a character and a children's TV show.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't upset that farmer on farmer Matthew McDougall. It is farmer McDougal. I'm pretty sure I might have read one back in the day when m kit daughter's younger. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 2: We are back Monday, have a fantastic weekend and please today text us where do we go next with the retro prizes? Today was Vienetta? What's the giveaway next Friday? Oh four seventy five three one oh four three. Thank you very much all the fantastic stories this week. We are back Monday, Have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Spoil Mum this Mother's Day with her favorite fragrance.
Speaker 10: So chemistoy House shopped the huge range of big brand fragrances at the lowest prices shopping store online now