Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Good morning, producer, Rio, Good morning, Good morning Patsy. Happy Friday team. What are you looking forward to this weekend? Patsy? What's it for you?
Speaker 2: We have got date night tomorrow night. We're going to a very nice local restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of food?
Speaker 2: Well, they've got a new menus. So we're going out to Joseph sitt whereby mansion and they have a new winter menu. Of course it is now winter or coming.
Speaker 1: Out the winter tune the first.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you know you'll be able to relate to this Christian because suddenly we're getting all this free time of just being a couple again because what you is starting to do her own stuff. Yeah, and we haven't had this in fourteen years, and it's actually really nice because it's like, oh, that's right, I remember what it was like before we had a baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so catching up with someone you haven't seen in well for Sarah and I twenty years, except that really is this? Have you been what have you done.
Speaker 2: It's been so nice though, and then you've realized you look across the table and it's like, yeah, we're both a bit older, yes, wiser, and the connection is still there.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking forward to that will.
Speaker 1: Be Yeah, I don't feel wiser. I'm really hoping forward one day when will that wisdom finally drop? Still having the same dumb arguments of the life after well, last Friday, you know, with everything's sing good Bye the Jackie Boy, it kind of got swept up in that. But last Friday was our twenty seventh wedding anniversary. Do you know, the biggest reaction, thank you mate. The biggest reaction to people is oh my god, well done, because actually satday these days, divorces increasingly comment it's very hard to have a long termination now, really really hard. There's so many challenges any life together, and so the number one reaction people is just like.
Speaker 3: Oh my around, my god.
Speaker 1: Well it is almost like they want a bit of standing Ova. Do you know he went to me, he goes, oh my god, like what the same person. Yeah, that's how it looks twenty seven years a sentence. It's a journey. Joy is journey isn't it. It's a deepening because you've been through so much together. That's what deepens your relationship. It's even more sacred now because you've been through so much together. Twenty seven years is a long long.
Speaker 4: Time war, mate. Yeah, war, it's not that all. Ye, it's war a war tall love, not war sharing. You're listening right now, Please, God damn it, Let's make love. There's been too much more on that twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Year attrition, that's my ear.
Speaker 2: Why don't you've been through so much.
Speaker 1: So many wars lost the battle. I've got trench for brio. What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 5: I've got a house party of course. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it is wig theme. Everyone has to bring a wig.
Speaker 1: How crazy? And guess when my probably mid aged my wig?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 1: Is it mad? Monday dress up? Monday player?
Speaker 5: Well, my wig is from your wife's fiftieth birthday party.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: When I came as.
Speaker 1: I head onto it, I was like, I'll need this one day. It's a good look.
Speaker 3: The glasses, the glasses had the card again.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think those are gone, but the wig luckily still remains.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I actually don't know what to expect from this party. Everyone's just in a wig.
Speaker 1: That's what's a great thing about making some effort or dressing up a party is you've got a great icebreaker that changes the atmosphere. And I know, lord, people go, oh, can't you bother? But when you do make even a bit of an effort, it's something to talk about. It changes the dynamic there. It makes it a better night already. Yes, there's an Eric Simon and you're looking over other people going, oh they what do they come at you? Walking out? It just makes it a bit more fun right from the get go. Actually, you'll have a great night all right. Coming up next, then we go around the team for this week's double thumbs Up. Christian O'Connell show. Go on, it's a Christian O'Connell show. Let's get into this week's double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team, met Pats and Rio and we talk about the things we're into this week. Two things from me first of all. Then there's a big new drama on Prime you want to senior all the adverts called Mobland. Now. It got recommended to me by every single male friend of mine, and they all kept saying this. Do you like Tom Hardy? I'm like, yeah, you got to watch mob Bland, right, have I? You got to watch it? Do you know Tom Hardy? And yeah, I don't know what it is catnip for middlest Week because what he represents is what they'll never be tough, right, tough and buff right in those years that's long gone, that's left the town. Okay, So anyway, it's also got Pearce Barsenan and Helen Mirren. Now I'm nine episodes in. I've become addicted to it. It is good. However, there's a major klang and I've watched all nine and I love it. The major clang is Peers Brasenan and the very English Helen Mirren are doing very Irish accents now the now A lot of a lot of great British actors and actresses can do American accents like really good. The Irish one is don't bother right. It would have been fine to do your normal accents. It doesn't matter. It's a fantasy sort of gang land thing anyway. So but the Irish accents are real strong where you're like, why whoa, whoa, whoa? Why didn't anyone go cutis what you doing? Oh yeah, well fade them there, no harrogans. No, Tom Hardy is obviously gone. Listen, I did ba, I did one bad accent. I ain't doing this again. He's just Tom Hardy. He's outstanding in it because he's not going. Don't don't worry to cover. So we went back down. Calf. I wish you could do like you know, you get your director's cut. You just did a Tom Hardy cover. Can I just have the Tom Hardy scenes and a love pas bos And he's actually Irish? Easy, look this accent is it's not.
Speaker 3: He's Irish and he's going to get banned from ends.
Speaker 1: It's sacrilegious. It's shocking. He looks amazing though, he does. He's a real because like seventeen. Oh my god, no, no he is. He's very he's very hot. He's still I don't know how he's done it. That man looks great.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: Look at those yeah, no wow, And he's a silk fox in it. Yeah, binding, gangster. God, we love a bad boy. We want this so Mobland I really enjoyed as well. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'm so excited. Because of this that's pointing at you to play play hit the button.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're excited about this coming back? Oh sorry, what.
Speaker 3: Funster you?
Speaker 1: This is coming back? Sorry that sounds so it points again? What is it? What is it? No? No? Sorry, I got it right this fingers do it again? So it was coming back?
Speaker 2: This is coming back?
Speaker 1: Oh, for goodness, is actually is what I hear when I hear this. I mean I had it right with did smile every man being forced to pretend that he.
Speaker 2: Watches And it's brilliant, just like that Series three dropping today on Max and I'm.
Speaker 1: Very very so is it they're still doing? What are the Fab four or Fab five? What are they called now up to?
Speaker 2: Well, they're moving on. So this is the third series of series.
Speaker 3: No, it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have grown up with these girls. So I started watching Sex and the City.
Speaker 1: Law models for a woman to be raised by people that like shoe shopping, Oh.
Speaker 3: If only.
Speaker 1: Shopping rage against the man.
Speaker 2: I do feel like I've grown up with them and now they're in their fifties and sixties and it's just it's making you along for the ride, and it's just you know, I'll never forget that they've killed big Off in that first sort.
Speaker 1: Of big mistake, that it was a great character.
Speaker 2: In that couldn't believe it. I'm still traumatic.
Speaker 1: Because he died after using the peloton. My wife was trying to persuade me to set it. It's not a documentary in the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really didn't have the sales because they mainly marketed it and middle aged met like me, it's maybe you should get rid of it. I don't want to go in the garage one day and your dad's to have your peloton. I was like, what a way to go, just like mister big.
Speaker 3: But it just hit us for six.
Speaker 2: I didn't you know. I was so careful not to have any spoilers before. Actually we know how good you are about the Formula one, and I just yeah, I was just shot. But I'm so excited about this. So this is, you know, because Hacks is drawing to an end and now this is my new cat Nip is just like that, so on Max really looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: The other thing, I found a.
Speaker 2: Really cool dip which change on some a cool dip do you know, do you like a hommit homoss I've found ums.
Speaker 1: Garlic range of the range of dips.
Speaker 3: They're so good.
Speaker 2: And you know, we did lamb the other night and I just I didn't feel like doing a gravy or a mid source nothing. You know what, I'm gonna get some bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah great.
Speaker 2: This has like got such a beautiful richness and velvety smoothness.
Speaker 3: They are the smoothest. Yumies are the smoothest.
Speaker 1: Be honest, Thomas Sucks describe the pleasant sensations. There are great some mud it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's beautiful. So it's Yumi's brand. It's roasted garlic. You can get it anywhere, any supermarket.
Speaker 1: Get it anywhere. You can be in rebel sports.
Speaker 3: Where strong breath the next morning.
Speaker 1: But it's weird, we've noticed. But anyway, just put popping before the news or something. The Christian o'connal show podcast Rio, What is your double thumbs up this week? What are you enjoying?
Speaker 5: I am still getting pimples as an adult, so I'm thirty two years old.
Speaker 3: I thought, surely old age.
Speaker 1: Out of it. No, no, no, you're just DoD in puberty, your late developers.
Speaker 5: But I've noticed it's a new product that's actually changed the game for me. Pimple patches. There are these tiny little clear patches.
Speaker 1: You pop them.
Speaker 5: If you can see one coming up, you put it on and it never emerges as a pimple.
Speaker 3: It's gone the next day.
Speaker 1: What does it do? Just push it back down, it comes through the top somewhere else.
Speaker 3: It protects it from the dirt, and it keeps it a bit moist. So it deals with that.
Speaker 2: Audrey has these all the kids at high school fantastic and camar to they Sports Girl even do them. It just draws all the muck out, so it's it clears up quicker.
Speaker 1: If I had this as a teenager, I think that might be nice, as if you washed your face.
Speaker 3: I have a very diligent skincare routine.
Speaker 5: But if I had this as a teenager, honestly, he would have changed my life because I'm bad acne as a.
Speaker 1: Kid talking about I'm skincare routines. Like, So last week I went somewhere to get my wife some bits for our wedding anniversary. The guy goes to me, it's a very good salesman, right, And you know good salesman where you actually think, like actually, do you know what this might me start a friendship. I'm a real sucker for these where I'll be like an hour and there really gone. Where would that guy? So goes, how much have we spent in there? I was just about the money. It's just like we have very He really got me anywhere. He goes to me about a little treat for yourself, sir, do you know what? Thank you? I will without realizing, well, then I'll be paying for that as well, just double what I care. I was like, God, damn it, Martin, thank you. And he goes, We'll only get up in the morning. I go four am. He goes, and he obviously didn't hear really what he said. He's just got the self and he goes, so you've got time, You've got time for skincare routine. I went, no, no, no, I don't get up for fun at four am, because that's when I have to get up to go to it. He goes again, not here watch it. He goes, So you've got twenty minutes for skin coats in twenty minutes, twenty minutes sleeping. I'd rather have knack, good old skin then twenty minutes can bring myself to go on the radio. No, what else have you been enjoying this week?
Speaker 5: Rio, I've been loving Righteous Gemstones on binge. It is probably one of the best comedies I think at the moment. It is a dark comedy. It is if you liked Succession, if you liked Killing It, there was also on stand. You'll love Righteous Gemstones.
Speaker 1: It's so funn Danny McBride and obviously the man of the moment right now, Walton Goggins. He's been doing great work for years, but obviously because of White Lotus now everyone's waking up to what a graatge. But he does comedy really well, him and Danny McBride and Russia's Gemstones. You're right, it's one of the most underrated comedies the last couple years. People don't really waking up to how good it is.
Speaker 5: No one talks about it, and I mean stitches yeah, really farre It's so so good, very well done, and not many good comedies out on streaming at the moment, so I would highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: All right, we got the latest news and sport coming up next. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast