Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get in two double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: This is every Friday on the show, we go around the team and we talk about what we're into at the moment.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've found a couple of really great shows. Well, the first is Will Ferrell. It's not a show so much as movie. Will Ferrell's new movie with Reese Witherspoon, You're Quarterly Invited, which is on Prime.
Speaker 2: Now. Is this good?
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I love Will Ferrell, but I have seen some of the reviews of this and well, worn't Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: It was thirty percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, it's no. It is no Step Brothers, which I think is his classic. But I don't think.
Speaker 2: Step Brothers old school anchor outs school My.
Speaker 3: God, Yes, but I mean, I don't think it's fair to compare everything to not every movie is going you're like smashing.
Speaker 2: Good already giving it praise.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be like the very best thing you've seen rather, so don't compare it to his other funny stuff in the field of its own. This one he overslept for this.
Speaker 2: One that's great.
Speaker 3: Reese Witherspoon is fantastic in this. She plays a really feisty kind of power. I wanted to say, babe, but I won't. Girl Boss, Yes, girl Boss.
Speaker 2: Someone has to speak on the radio.
Speaker 3: There's a hilarious scene with an alligator. If you love.
Speaker 2: Me, why didn't you start with that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: How to play big in Australia? All the old simpletons out there love it? How does secure the Australian market?
Speaker 2: Chuck? A random scene the wrestling with an alligator.
Speaker 3: A little bit wedding crashes, but you'll love it. It's on Prime. The other thing that we've discovered on Prime as well actually is Hot Ones.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually the best chat show in the world right now. Is the questions he asks are really really good.
Speaker 3: But it's brilliant, So if you're not across it. It's the guy who hosts set what's his name, Sean Evans. So he'll have a guest on and really big guests like Brian Kranston and Bear Grills and Melissa McCarthy, and he lines up about twelve different hot sauces that are on vary degrees of the is it the Scovell scale. So the Scoville scale, like the hottest thing, hottest pepper or whatever, measures about two million whatever the measuring scale on the Scoville scalval. And he'll like build it up and they've got to like have this interview which is really quite in depth at times, and have these chicken wings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're crying to stop those two. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw Melissa McCarthy last weekend. She was she's got like milk in a pump bottle and she's got bread free breadsticks and like trying to whip it.
Speaker 2: Now, that show.
Speaker 4: He bought that show back for eighty two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: It just started as a YouTube show. You're kidding.
Speaker 4: He's brought back the rights last year eighty two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is massive, and it's such a simple idea where you think it's throwaway, but it's not. His questions are really well thought out and gen I mean it is the best chat show actually provoked.
Speaker 2: Now to Norton.
Speaker 1: I've been a big Graham Norton fan for years, but I actually think it's better now that the interviews are very funny. Then you've got this other craziness of the Conan O'Brien one is so funny because ConA is actually frothing and Cona's just got a face made for comedy, like that big ginger yeah, and so the cybing frothing and he's actually crying because you know when you.
Speaker 2: Have hot, really hot, Yeah, it's you. Actually you starts your eyes water.
Speaker 1: Conan's face goes rest and read on a ginger.
Speaker 2: Head man, Irish man. It's an incredible look.
Speaker 1: But yeah, perhaps a great one for people to watch. That hot one is very very good.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs up. This is every Friday, we go around the team share the things that we're in to the moment. Could be a new TV show, a movie, an app, a book. You do the same as well. You can text me what are you really enjoying at the moment? False seventy five three one oh four three doing these hours? You want mister Bias to know that I am a big fan of naps and even when I'm not doing these hours, I am still a fan of naps.
Speaker 4: Is that your double thumbs up?
Speaker 2: Just naps?
Speaker 1: Shout out to a big old nana nap in the afternoon, big old syrupy, honeyed sleep.
Speaker 2: That you get in a nice summer's afternoon. It's the best. Sometimes you might.
Speaker 1: Hear someone in the distance cutting the grass, but not too close where it keeps you awake. Or you might hear a small light aircraft just going over it. There's purring in the distance.
Speaker 3: Do you go to bed though, or on the couch or what do you do?
Speaker 2: Anywhere? Wow? Right, like anywhere anywhere.
Speaker 1: I can be on a plane on a runway and it's about to take off, I can start. I've napped on planes on runways. If you are like, how can anyone be that relaxed? You can nap on a plane on a runway as it's going into the air. But anyway, when I was on holiday and Thailand in the New Year, right, my nap game weren't even higher.
Speaker 2: And I tell you why.
Speaker 1: These days online you see a lot of videos downing on Instagram and TikTok, all trying to tenx your productivity. I'm not interested in that. I'm more on tenxing your chill. I'm more about ten xing you're napping, all right? And this is a game changer. So I kept saying to my wife, why weren't napping in a much better way on holiday? And I realized because it was China and so humid. We have a fan on every afternoon. So ABOVE said, be this.
Speaker 2: How do I bring the fan with me?
Speaker 1: And then I found this amazing app, the fan app every afternoon. It's next to me. The noise of it, I don't know what it is. Psychologically, the noise of it. I feel like there's one on me. No, no, white noise is this? I don't like white noise. Close your eized, guys, the power of radio. It's a free audit now because I've got the free questions. Sorry, stay with us, real you go to yours quickly. Let me just get this up.
Speaker 4: Okay, my double thumbs, Patsy. Have you watched Severance?
Speaker 3: No you?
Speaker 2: Oh my good? Have you heard about it? Yes?
Speaker 3: I have heard about it.
Speaker 2: Here we go, I've gone back, here we go back to.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No, look at that.
Speaker 1: It's an actual fan actually does feel like yeah, yeah, and that's just a medium one.
Speaker 2: Now if I want to crank it for a big one, Oh you're crazy. Oh my god, I'm in a turbine.
Speaker 4: Now, could you just get a buy a fan?
Speaker 2: No, I can take this anywhere.
Speaker 4: You can take a fan anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's loath, that's really annoying. It's not annoying. Is it is a quite a brief but I love that.
Speaker 1: That is how you ten X your nap game, your friends, anything that Patsy, you would have seen this when it came out. One of my daughters this week introduced me to it, right, and it is Upper Middle Bogan. Not seen it before, fy funny, funny show. Glenn Robbins Comedy Master. He's so good in that. The whole caster of great and obviously's got Patrick from Connin from Accounts.
Speaker 2: Yes, Patrick.
Speaker 1: A big star in his own right. He was greating that very very funny. Upper Middle Bogan is really good. And also I'm getting a kick out of because it's filmed here in Melbourne, seeing some of the locations as well.
Speaker 2: Watched Suburbs stay using Yeah.
Speaker 1: The for the Bogan part. Yeah, but yeah, really really enjoying that. And with the super Bowl on Monday. I read a great book two weeks two weeks ago called Out of Darkness. It's about Aaron Rodgers, who's a quarterback one of the most famous quarterbacks in America at the moment, and he's been a quarterback four years.
Speaker 2: I'm not a massive.
Speaker 1: American football fan, but I watched the Super Bowl and I like reading books about it and the strategy and the psychology. His book Out of Darkness is almost as good as one of my favorite books I've gifted to so many friends is the Andre Agassi book Open. I brought Jack a copy Hamish Play. I love that book. It's almost as.
Speaker 2: Good as that. It's a really really interesting book.
Speaker 1: It's called out of Darkness because last year Aaron Rodgers went to a darkness retreat where he shut into a room in the middle of nowhere for seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: It literally is proper darkness.
Speaker 4: And what was he trying to pick a new team or.
Speaker 2: Something like that? Ye, yeah, yeah, bad choice. Out of the darkness he went to New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be going very well.
Speaker 2: But the book is very good.
Speaker 1: And the same author who wrote Out of Darkness did a great book about Bill Belichick. It's one of the great sports coaches ever, which is a really really good read as well.
Speaker 2: Ria, What are you into at the moment? Guys?
Speaker 4: You have to watch Severance. I know it's been out for a little while, but season two's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are raving about it. Is it good to know it's produced by Names Stiller.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, directed by Ben Steeler, Adam Scott from Step Brothers, Patsy, Yeah, that would be alumni. And it's one of those shows I think every five.
Speaker 2: So what is it sci fi or because it looks very stylish.
Speaker 4: It's very you know what Black Mirror if you ever watched show, yeah, sort of got that psychological thriller.
Speaker 2: It's it's the premise of it, did you hear song a bit racy edge of your suit?
Speaker 4: The premise of it is you go to work and you get your memory split, so you've got a work person and your real life this building.
Speaker 2: Hockey's already started that that is a very split mind. But it's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's I think every few years there comes a show that is just a cut above the rest succession, Breaking Bad, the Sopranos.
Speaker 2: This, this is, This is it.
Speaker 4: It is brilliant, beyond words.
Speaker 2: In between shows a moment. So I'll check it out on Apple Plus, Apple plus The Christian O'Connell Show podcast