Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Dinging Ding.
Speaker 2: We we could make a pocket square with with an hour's training.
Speaker 3: Don't rip the nut out of my sack and tell me it's guavy.
Speaker 1: Christ O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: It is seven minutes past six Wednesday morning, Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning, Patsy, morning, Good morning, Rio. Hello, sitting in Jack's chair. If you heard that little clip there, Chack was sounding a bit faint, then the sound of having to do some extra work and making a pocket square. Suddenly he's off sick today. The thought of doing some extra work and making a pocket square. Jack is actually off sick today. I don't think we've all seen I don't know if you see it, Patsy, because you've sit in a different studio. But Rio, you do that muck that he started having in the morning.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 5: Those oats, Oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Something like a bird vomits up into a baby's mouth. His wife makes them the night before, these oats from and I seem like mulching on them. It looks like it has no nutritional value whatsoever.
Speaker 5: No, and he brings it in these jar glass jar is from medieval.
Speaker 3: Times hipster Mason jars so look expensive and heavy as well.
Speaker 4: Perhapsy what's going on with you? How are you this morning?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 8: Actually, I had a really good night's sleep last night, which was good. I feel amazing and you're human today. But yesterday I sleep.
Speaker 3: To me about once a year, you know, you have a really amazing night sleep and you wake up thinking, this is who I was always meant to be in life. Could I just get ten a year more of these and I'd be so happy.
Speaker 8: I think I had more than six hours, which was just but I feel refreshed. I had one of those sleeps where I feel refreshed.
Speaker 7: So I'm aring a go today.
Speaker 8: But yesterday, on the way home, I saw something really, really funny. I was just a few streets away from our place, and there's a lady. She walks her dog. She's got this big like I think it's a shepherd dog, a big black shepherd. It's gorgeous. She walks him every day at the same time I go home. Anyway, she's got one of those I always take note. She's got one of those retractable leads.
Speaker 4: Oh they're a nightmare to use, though. Patsy We could.
Speaker 8: Never use that with Charlie. With Prisley, he'd go ballistic, like he'd wrap himself around trees, but she like, they.
Speaker 3: Just extend suddenly, very quickly, and you forget to get that little click on it that freeze it, and it's like you get wrapped around trees and other dogs and then they get wrapped around you. Those things do not work from us. What you need is that, you know, there's some of those vacuums, got a thing you put your foot on. I need, especially with the German shepherd dog, I need one of those that tracks the dog in towards me.
Speaker 8: Prisley's on a very tight lead when we take him because he can use it.
Speaker 3: Is it more like like a husky driver might have because that big old donkey dog you've got and a yank on one arm isn't going.
Speaker 5: To be enough thought a saddle?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Is it like one of those harnesses you know they were parachuters when they land they're sort of putting it all in, or a parasailor might have.
Speaker 8: No, he needs a leather a leather lead because it's just yeah, nothing like ripe forget that he needs leaves.
Speaker 7: Leather does the job like a horse.
Speaker 3: We sort of STI because rope leaders are really doing business. No, thank god she's had that great sleep though, guys, because she decids what this story could be like if she woke up nack to day.
Speaker 8: No, but it was funny because she had It was the amount of lead she had, like it was meters and meters and meters. So the dog was on one side of the road.
Speaker 3: Why do we need those retractable leads to go out to like twenty meters away? Why it was a dog walking it south across the road to the oval getting on the bus.
Speaker 8: So I take it to an off lead park. It's either on lead or it's at an off lead park running around. But the dog was on one side of the road, and then she was on the opposite side.
Speaker 4: Kidding me.
Speaker 8: It was stretched across the road.
Speaker 3: Was she trying to wipe out motorcyclists down too fast?
Speaker 8: I really got clotheslined. I had to stop or I would have like went through the lead. It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: It was like, must have a car to him, because then you could have been dragging her. The dog and the leader is sort of wrapped around the front of your car bonnets.
Speaker 8: It was hilarious, but I thought, well, that's I did. I did sort of applaud her tenacity though, because I thought there is no way we could put Presley on a lead like that.
Speaker 7: It would end in disaster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not having him the one side of the road. So when I was walking on a lot because I've got two dogs, right, We've got this proper dog that we've had like eight nine years. She's my dog. She's a German shepherdel. Then we got this really irritating thing called a toy poodle, which is basically an annoying cat, right that sort of yaps a lot whenever people come around. They just the shepherd dog is very well behaved, has a proper bart. This thing just yaps the other there. Trady came in. He pointed and go, what's wrong with that? I always go, that isn't mine. It'suck a step dog. That was a COVID lockdown purchase. But anyway, I was down the dog part right, and it was like just yapping at everyone, and I was chatless guy, and I said, sorry, this dog's this really nervous and anxious. He goes, oh, you can get edibles for dogs, and I don't think that is. I don't think my vet has offered me that as a service, and he goes, I know a guy, Oh, I did not know. Do you know you can get edibles for dogs?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Is that legit?
Speaker 7: What to calm them down?
Speaker 3: Well, obviously not to make him worse. It's not like cocaine. Cocaine for dogs, no, to calm down.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, a person who said, try acupuncture for dogs. They had a very anxious dog and they tried acupuncher. You ever heard of that acupunc Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, where we take Presley out of Melbourne Uni Vet Clinic at Whereabe.
Speaker 7: It's a great clinic.
Speaker 8: I know they have a visiting one that comes like every fortnight because we nearly got it for our old dog for his arthritis.
Speaker 7: And they get lots of benefits from it. Apparently.
Speaker 5: How do you keep a dog still?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Maybe they trn get those gummies.
Speaker 3: No, I would guess they would just have like, you know, it's very easy to distract a dog. You go, here's some ham sizes, right, they start chunking on that. Next, No, there's a needle in l five or whether they put those needles suddenly it's going She's I feel really chilled out. My cheek is flowing for the first time in years. Thank you, dear owner. All right, we're going to open up the lines right now on nine four one four, one oh four three oh last two weeks then, we've been giving you a control of the billboards of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We call it Winner Billboard.
Speaker 3: It is that all those giant electronic billboards you see all over the cities. You can have your message, whatever you wanted to say this morning up there in minutes. Seriously, we actually, I still can't believe we'll out to do this. We type it out, click send, and then about five to seven minutes later, those billboards change. I mean, imagine if if weally got sacked like last night, and we say, hey, we've finished the week, we could create chaos this one. Do you not think about that every day? Like we could put swear words up there or anything we want. You know, sometimes you ever think about this torturing and destroying your life, like I could at any moment just endless microphone, just end my whole career. It only came in one day Wednesday, he did a chat seeing this thing is he just went bers up then to fix tend and put everything you just said on a billboard.
Speaker 9: It feels like there needs to be someone in between us and the billboards, like a grownup.
Speaker 3: How has this been?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah? What in life?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you look and go where are the grown ups?
Speaker 4: Right now? It's just us running this.
Speaker 3: Radio show, all right, So we give you the control of the billboards. Nine four one four one oh four three. Here's some of the messages that you've put on them this week. It started Monday ahead of the that night's Matilda's game, where we're using all the billboards to be motivational for the Matildas.
Speaker 4: That night.
Speaker 10: We'll see your maple syrup and raise your a bit tomat.
Speaker 11: Sandwich time to play your game Matilda's show your flame.
Speaker 1: Come on, ladies, you can do what Australia is behind you.
Speaker 12: Do it for all the Matildas to be Australia as a party games.
Speaker 13: Dome, frequent b a mex club taking on the world in Glasgow twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: Well you get to take If my wife would like to go to Crivin with me tonight.
Speaker 3: I've gotta be honest. He didn't have a lot of energy with that trivia night. I mean, I don't know, we don't know yet what Amber said, did you want to go to trivia night? It didn't seem like the best invite, did it?
Speaker 4: To go to a trivia night?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So the billboards of Melbourne's on an appeal.
Speaker 3: The Boldty, the Princess Freeway, the Taler, the Monash, they are all yours right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Some of you might be already on your way to work. You might want to call us up this morning. I put a message on there that your other half, your partner might see in an hour's time when they're going to work. It might be something that if you're already at work right now, you might want to put something that the kids on the school run, even though you're not with them.
Speaker 4: You can leave a little message where you are with them, for mums and dads. So whatever you want, it's up to you.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tim's that message me, Christian, I could just spread confusion to Melbourne this morning.
Speaker 4: Could you simply put up there, John, did you remember to lock the door? Now?
Speaker 3: We Christian All John's which is the most common name in the world, we'll be wondering if they've locked the door. Please, that's a.
Speaker 4: Great one to him.
Speaker 3: All right, what do you want to say on the billboards of Melbourne. We can put your message up within minutes this morning and thus might be a nice mess to someone someone you want to thank. Whatever it is, the billboards are yours well.
Speaker 1: Christian o connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Also on today's show, we're talking about impulse byes. We have some amazing stories lined up you could add to that. Get in there EARLYI and email if you want Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com todau. There literally are people that went out to walk the dog or go and get meal, and then some of you've bought houses like a house just going for a wonder and come back. You now own land who can live like that? So that's later on this morning right now. Then we do knock off Wednesday. If you're already at work or on your way in, give us a call. We have mugs for you. While the rest of Melbourne is asleep. We celebrate everyone who's already at work right now on This.
Speaker 1: Is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Later on this morning we're taking your stories about Impulse buys. Lornas is message Christian. I someone out for smoothie last week came home with bongo drums.
Speaker 8: That's random.
Speaker 3: That's Lorna, who must be the mother to Matthew McConaughey. All right, so we're doing knock On Wednesday.
Speaker 4: This is for you.
Speaker 3: If you're already at work half six morning, you've already been at work for a while. We celebrate the secret workers of Melbourne. We have mugs for you, guys, special mugs. Now knock on known for one for one four three.
Speaker 4: It's good to Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Now. Some of you have ready been knocked on all night and actually this show is sending you to bed to bed well a late night show for them, you know, because there was even worked very hard during the night while we're all asleep. One of them is on the line right now, Jimmy, Christian, here you go.
Speaker 4: I'm good. So Jimmy, you work for VIC Police.
Speaker 14: Yeah, correct. I had a pretty busy shift, but I prefer a busy shift because the narco is luck.
Speaker 3: We go, yeah, more crime, yeah exactly, more people locked up on like a bonus. Everyone they stick away to get a cash bonus and Jimmy, where have you been working Jill to night. Thank you very much by the way for how hard you guys work, and all your colleagues as well.
Speaker 14: No, thank you very much all over the north of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Tonight lively, very lively, very lively.
Speaker 3: So what happens then with because it's hard working during the night doing shifts and net so on your way home now.
Speaker 4: And what will you do?
Speaker 3: Will you are you able to actually go to sleep blackout blinds and all that during the day to try and get your five, six, seven, eight hours sleep?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm happy if I get five and it's blackout, blinds and some rest of it puts me.
Speaker 4: In a bed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I recently used that for the first time rest of It on flight back from England because I see these people that can actually just go to sleep and major immediately on planes, right, And I don't know how they do it. It's like they're in their bedroom. There're so lex that someone recommended rest of it. It's good that stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, just don't take too much or you might not wake up.
Speaker 5: Well, what is it?
Speaker 3: It's available from all good pharmacists.
Speaker 5: Sounds suspicious street name.
Speaker 3: That Jesus knocks me out. You know, no, it's it's like it's just a normal sleeping tablets, I think, aren't they.
Speaker 14: Yeah, correct, you can get it, but you have to get it over the camera.
Speaker 3: His to me, that's what I think. It's just got his high levels of histamine in it. Anyway, Jimmy's taking too many. He's already not off. Jimmy will send you a mug, buddy. Okay, thanks for calling, and good night, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I think he has taken so much.
Speaker 3: If he was trying to read your rights on the way and he falls asleep halfway through it. Eddie, good morning, Eddie. There we go on the phone. Is it steady, Eddie?
Speaker 4: That's a right Eddie?
Speaker 3: And where are you right now?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 11: Ed Oh?
Speaker 14: I am a.
Speaker 3: You got the garboat truck? Is just you already got a mate in this? You and that big mechanical hand is it the fingers?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And why why are we shouting?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 16: Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, I just want.
Speaker 3: To ask the question this, okase, early morning. None of us already know what we're doing at work. I know what it's like, Eddie. You're in a safe company here, now Eddie, can we send you Sorry, carry on, sir, I've.
Speaker 16: Been up sitting Swagsmarke Club this morning.
Speaker 4: So bloody hell.
Speaker 3: What working?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, what's the rush to get the bins connected? I know one of that noise going on at like one two three A m.
Speaker 14: Oh, that's just start on the cluck.
Speaker 3: These bigs can get in and out of the city.
Speaker 4: Gotcha.
Speaker 10: After just in the morning.
Speaker 4: We can't move.
Speaker 3: No, you're quite right, quite right, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course I forgot. They're ready to wake A good point, all right, Eddie, was send you your mug. Thanks for corning. Thank you, christ Thank you there, Eddie, going back to that shouting for no reason. If you're knocked on at work.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the question No Carl Show podcast we.
Speaker 4: Knock on Wednesday. This is for you.
Speaker 3: If you're already at work, we celerate the secret early morning workers of Melbourne or wherever you are, just call us up nine four one four one o four three. We have special dedicated mugs, Tim Tear I'll stick one in the posts today. Christian I mccleaner out and Geelong listen to the show every day.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Tim tist, i't work at four thirty am, clean doctors, clinics and other officers before people are ride.
Speaker 4: I'd love one of you mugs. Tim.
Speaker 3: We'll get on the way to today. Thank you very much. All right, let's go to the lines.
Speaker 4: Good morning two.
Speaker 3: Have we got here? David?
Speaker 4: David?
Speaker 3: Good morning, morning, Christian and crew?
Speaker 17: Are you.
Speaker 4: This is the spirit? David? Good morning? What are you doing right now? Sir?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 16: At one o'clock mighty started working's very thirty hitting that light.
Speaker 3: In the track and what are you holding today? To adelaide?
Speaker 4: What a you got in the back?
Speaker 1: Then that line and fruit and ben on the way home?
Speaker 4: Busy boys, So will you do all of that today? There and back.
Speaker 2: Talked a bit.
Speaker 4: Well, fifteen six hours bloody hell, that is a long day. What keeps you going? Coffee?
Speaker 16: Ah, yeah, coffee and listening to you guys on the.
Speaker 3: Radio, bloody if we're your companion? Good luck, sir, good luck, good look. I try and do a better show today just for you.
Speaker 4: David. Okay, Hi, good man.
Speaker 3: That's all right, David. We'll just send you a mug. Thanks for listening to the show, and have a saved trip today.
Speaker 4: There and back not a problem. Brother, all right, thank you very much, David.
Speaker 3: Lisa, Good morning, Lisa, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hell are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Lisa. What a lovely voice you've got, Lisa, what do you do?
Speaker 15: I'm slight attending right, This.
Speaker 4: Is why the voice is good.
Speaker 3: Now, are you on the old tannoy sort of saying you know me and Captain so and so we welcome you on board.
Speaker 11: No, no, that's not me.
Speaker 5: How did they decide who gets that job?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's extra interviews and extra training.
Speaker 3: Really tell me this, whenever you hear the old captain speak, right, they've always got an amazing voice. You never hear a mumbley, do you right? Are they pre recorded right by professional voice people such as myself? Or are they generally everyone who's a captain? They just have great voices. It comes with the the DNA. Someone that can do that.
Speaker 15: I think it must be a pre recorsite for the job, pre record.
Speaker 3: Show them the choice stick. They go talk to me. No, you're a mumbley. No one's going to have any confidence. Next, I'm a pilot. You sound great. Come on, I'll get you there safely. We're going to go nine thousand meters. Something that with guy Richie.
Speaker 5: I would not want that.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that was, Dick Van Dyk Airlines, and then that was and Lisa. Who do you work for?
Speaker 15: How do you fly for contests?
Speaker 1: Ah? Right?
Speaker 4: And are you off to work today? Where are you flying out to today?
Speaker 15: I'm just flown in from Singapore.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, So are you home for a couple of days rest?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, we'll say rest, but I've got two kids to get home to and get out rest.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not really, that's the opposite of rest. It's that the school run. And how old are you kids?
Speaker 15: Well, we've got three and eight. I get that eight year old off to school and then the three year old will hopefully get a nap sometime today, so I can Why I go to work? Yeah, that's where I go to work, so I can rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Suddenly, looking after a couple bunch of people on a plane is easier than looking after their own kids.
Speaker 15: Right, it's the hotel at the end of it.
Speaker 3: I bet you what a lovely little break. And eight year olds are fairoll, aren't they as well? Trying to get them ready in the morning. No, No, they are, especially boys.
Speaker 15: She's full of sess.
Speaker 4: My little daughter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're smarter than us at that age, aren't they.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, they think we won't tell them that.
Speaker 6: I think they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, well Lisa, we'll send your mug. Lovely talking to you, good luck this morning.
Speaker 4: With the kids.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much, lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Take care. Gary, Good morning, Gary.
Speaker 16: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: How are we this morning? Gary? How is your week going so far?
Speaker 16: It's going it's probably going to go great for it. But I'm hoping today I'm not going to cop dog poo in the face, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: What job might you do where that is an occupational hazard?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm a garden Christian, so do mowing with the snippering, And yet today, sure enough I'm with the snippering along a garden. Then ye with a snippet fresh poo in more face?
Speaker 4: And how many times a week is that happening?
Speaker 10: Well, man of it?
Speaker 16: So probably it's been about two or three times last week.
Speaker 4: That is disgusting. And that is that dog owner's not doing the old poop pick up before you start work.
Speaker 16: That that is correct? No, I think I think they're getting lazier not picking up after their dogs. And I need one of those billboard signs put up today.
Speaker 9: I reckon, Yes, there is so much dog poo around Richmond. It's a pandemic. There's dog pood everybody.
Speaker 4: Don't you think it's got worse? Why is that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: As someone who is a dog owner, I don't know about you, Patsy. It is our responsibility. I don't want to be walking out with my kids or even just anyone walking out. They've been my dog's crap anywhere. It's foult you know if your dog's done that as well. Yeah, you can have a billboard.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you want to say? Pick up your dog shit?
Speaker 3: That could be the punches, that'snell just the ship.
Speaker 9: Since twenty eighteen, thirty minutes ago, you're worried about us putting swear words on the billboards.
Speaker 5: Now you're talking about putting.
Speaker 9: Dog shit, sir.
Speaker 11: Kind of life.
Speaker 8: A community service?
Speaker 4: It is, Patsally Gary. What do you want it to say? Mate? You can have the billboard today. What do you want it to say?
Speaker 16: Thank you? I appreciate it basically saying I'm a ganner sick of copping dogshit in the face. After which springs, could they please pick up after your dog.
Speaker 4: All right, Now we need to trim this down just because there's only so many words we can have there.
Speaker 3: But I love the passion and actually I reckon other gardeners are all probably already experience what you have to experience as well.
Speaker 16: Right, absolutely, I'm doing it for me and every other gardener that's out there to day work.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 3: Love this some sort of union coming on now, Melbourne and Australia lover Union, the Gardener's Union rise and uprise, all right, so real, get ready to type it out such, okay, all right, we're going into this live now and let me find the music that we're up there we go, all right, let's put this together now, we're gonna we're all going to work shop this together. Yes, thank you Gary. All right, So Gary the guarden wants a bill board to say.
Speaker 5: Pick up your dog? Are we saying we can't?
Speaker 4: Say no, We absolutely can't.
Speaker 3: Tom, Tom I've grown up on the shows, just wheeled his chair over backwards to my eye like that. Pick up your dog, poop, peep up, pick up your dog, poop, poop thumbs up for poop. Poop is okay, everybody.
Speaker 4: Poop is okay. Poops Okay, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want poop in my mouth.
Speaker 4: No, we're not having that.
Speaker 16: I coughed that yesterday to a bit of poop dog pooper.
Speaker 5: Hashtag.
Speaker 4: Noing for a wrapper anyway, where were we?
Speaker 3: We just got to pick up, not say hey dog owners, doing the right thing. Hang on, we're just adding more words. Now pick up your hey dog owners.
Speaker 5: Pick up your poop. Pick up your dog poop.
Speaker 4: Pick up your dog poops. Now pick up your dog poop.
Speaker 3: I don't want to whipper snipper face of it, a snipper face full of it.
Speaker 6: Of it.
Speaker 3: Ye, thank you Gary the gardener, a gardeners.
Speaker 5: This is a long, too long thank you, Gary the gardener and all.
Speaker 7: On behalf of all gardeners.
Speaker 4: He's right there. That's that's short editing there. Okay, so okay, really read the copy back to.
Speaker 5: Us dog owners, pick up your dog I said it.
Speaker 3: I said, hey dog owner, Hey.
Speaker 5: Dog owners, Hey dog owners.
Speaker 4: So it's passive aggressive, Hey dog owners.
Speaker 9: Hey dog owners, pick up your dog poop. I don't want to whip a snipper faceful of it. Thank you, Comma, Gary the gardener and all gardeners.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no parsy. What was your line?
Speaker 8: Half of all gardeners, Gary on, half of all gardeners at que and we need an exclamation somewhere in there too, I think.
Speaker 3: Hey, dog owners, exclamation attention grabbing. I'll not say clickbaits my night.
Speaker 4: Ship bake hella alright where we read it? Back once more? Gary, having this and check you're happy with this?
Speaker 9: Rio, Hey dog owners, pick up your dog poop? Exclamation Mike, I don't want to whip a snipper face full of it. Thanks Gary on behalf of all gardeners.
Speaker 4: Today, Gary, Gary, you're the client. Are you happy with that? Gary the gardener on behalf of all gardeners?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, love it?
Speaker 6: Love it.
Speaker 4: Gary. We're going to put that up within minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's our pleasure and Gary, today is going to be the last morning of dog shit being sprayed in your face. Get ready for a clean Gary face from tomorrow six.
Speaker 16: My wife would be happy, great, great, great.
Speaker 3: Poop tooth Gary anymore. We've never seen that guy ever again, garyab your business. Give yourself a plug, sir.
Speaker 16: It's straight edge mowing love it.
Speaker 4: I love it those straight ages as what as about in that game?
Speaker 3: Straight edge mowing. Got a phone number or anywhere else that can find out more. Um, just go on the A team you'll find us.
Speaker 4: If you need to.
Speaker 16: Just go on Facebook you'll be able to find me.
Speaker 3: Sure sure, Straight Edge Mowing. Love it all right, Gary, thank you very much to give us a call mate.
Speaker 16: Thank you very much, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Pleasure, Gary the Gardener.
Speaker 1: Everyone the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Letter start ten minutes ago. The billboards today at the moment come via. It's like a public service announcement really in behalf of all gardeners, led by the new mayor of all gardeners in town, which is Gary the Gardener, Aria. What is it sound in the moment? These these are the billboards that were giving away every day. Your message on them, Garrey the Gardener's had enough of beginning is gardening work and dog owners haven't picked up the dog poop and he gets sprayed in it.
Speaker 9: So the message that we've got up on the billboards now, hey, dog owners, pick up your dog poop. Exclamation Mike, I don't want to whip a sniper faceful of it. Thank you Gary on behalf of all gardeners.
Speaker 4: I love this I love this Christian. Gary just needs to buy a fail shield face shield.
Speaker 8: No, why should he have to just pick up dog?
Speaker 3: It's up to us as responsible, accountable dog owners.
Speaker 4: Clear up your dog's muck.
Speaker 3: Christian?
Speaker 4: Why not a look.
Speaker 3: Hashtag down the bottom, scoop your poop? Denise says, no more room on that billboard ram at the moment. That is a great catchphrase. All right, so this morning we want to know right now nine? Well when you can, but pretty soon, pretty soon or I haven't got time is to hang around all day?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 3: Four one four one o four three. What do you think are the definitive sounds of this country? What do you think they are?
Speaker 4: Patsy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 8: Well are we talking? When I think of sounds, I think of don't laugh at me, Rea, I think of Ozzie.
Speaker 4: What is it like to be in?
Speaker 3: When I said this country? Where do you think I was going about Indonesia? You need me to remind you that I mean this country Australian people.
Speaker 4: What is he talking?
Speaker 8: Quintessentially Australian? You know what I think of? Number one for me is the Channel nine cricket theme.
Speaker 4: This is iconic.
Speaker 3: It means once more an amazing England team. Let's not fall out. But that's what that sound means to me. It's all subjective according now guys, A S, A B now for one for one, I fought three.
Speaker 4: That's a grand Patsy got anymore?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: The other one yes, trying.
Speaker 4: To prompt her to her email that she said.
Speaker 8: The other one I thought, which I touched on yesterday was green sleeves. The Mister Whippy theme.
Speaker 4: And such a happy.
Speaker 3: Moment, isn't it right? The ice cream Man's heid Why is.
Speaker 4: This so bloody? Sad?
Speaker 3: Always makes me a bit as a kid does missed, maybe a mixed melancholic feeling where I know ice kins can but I thought there's something I don't want to note.
Speaker 4: This is or keys him. But this makes me feel sad.
Speaker 5: It's haunting.
Speaker 3: Is it's like you know those in a horror move they open up one of those little toy boxers and a ballerina sort of does something and then study someone's heads come off.
Speaker 8: The other one, for me, iconic sound is a sprinkler.
Speaker 4: Well I had in mind, but okay, a lawn sprinker. A lawn sprinkler, all right, okay.
Speaker 3: Iconic you know this yeah, okay, this, I'll listen to that.
Speaker 8: That's summery. If that is summer in Australia. Daddy, get out water the lawn for about six hours.
Speaker 5: I wonder we had a drought.
Speaker 8: No, this is way back.
Speaker 3: Need that running out west.
Speaker 4: It doesn't bother us.
Speaker 8: This was decades ago, real when when everyone wasting.
Speaker 4: Water, we let it run twenty four to seven. To be honest, is keep that? Keep that going?
Speaker 8: What drought?
Speaker 3: We just said? Nine four one don't ever stead his lines? Nine four one four one oh four three. What are the sounds of Australia? And let's not forget she's had a really good night's sleep apparently, so it's all doesn't get any better, doesn't doesn't doesn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh he's hoping improven, but no, give us a call SAP.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Asking you what do you think are the definitive iconic sounds of Australia nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 4: One the ones for me? A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough.
Speaker 3: I was doing this breath work session and an elder Aboriginal elder came in with a dig redoo. He called the ditch and it was such it is to me, it's such an amazing sound that goes directly to an ancient, older part of us. I love the sound of which join I think it's incredible. Afterwards, I was Chatt's gone. He was telling about the history of it. He says, it's actually the oldest musical instrument in the world. And he said that is the sound of Australia. Is a digeridoo. Then he said something to it and I went and got my notepawer. So can you say that again?
Speaker 4: He said to me. I've got this rid of my phone as well.
Speaker 3: If the Earth had a voice, it will be the sound of the didgeridoo, which I think is incredible. So that for me, that for me would be one of the sounds iconic sounds of Australia. Also it would be slightly different angle that it means that someone's gone another spanking from the des When I hear this, they go then won again. All right, let's go to lines on nine four one four one oh four three. Let's get some magpie sounds as well. Christian the chilling death song of a pre swoop magpie. Yes, yes, yes, chests Chong that is what it is. It is the chilling death song of a pre swoop magpie. Yes, Steve, good morning, good.
Speaker 6: Morning guys, love you, Shay, thank you. Steve's unity of saying that he is the cooko bar a laughing and also the magpie, same as what the breggis call of just mentioned, so you they're great sayings.
Speaker 4: That is such a great sound, is it?
Speaker 3: It rings out for such a long distance, doesn't it? You think, oh, you're nearby. You could be hundreds of meters away.
Speaker 4: From a cook bar And this is the magpie.
Speaker 7: I love that sound.
Speaker 3: I love but it means someone's about to die. Magpie is going to their mates. Watch this ready going, I's going to go and muck some crap out right now. And someone's head on a bike.
Speaker 6: They're definitely ready to make mensmode of someone on the Steve why write Steve?
Speaker 3: Steve, thank you very much. You come mate. You have a good day, you too, Ok, guys, let's go to work. Cleo, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Cleo, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good clear, welcome to the show. What do you think is the sound of Australia?
Speaker 13: So it's another Australian native species. It's called the Australian bogan. It's natural habitat is the pub and you can hear it. It's sound when you walk past.
Speaker 4: It goes.
Speaker 12: Ye're no, clearly right.
Speaker 3: This deserves to be in the museum up with the yenna of a bogan on the Pokeys.
Speaker 13: Yeah, flapping sound of the.
Speaker 3: Let's get that sound of it.
Speaker 4: You're right, Cleo. Two great ones there. Thank you very much, have a good day. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Welcome we got here.
Speaker 4: Andrew.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Andrew, good morning. We're good Andrew, and Andrew, what do you think is the sound of Australia.
Speaker 1: It's got to be when you first dropped the sausages on the hot barbecue.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's that first contact is at the sizzle, absolutely, Yeah, where meat meets playing, a lot of oil on this side, a lot of speke coming up in the eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's keep that going for another minute. Andrew, thank you very much, sad that one.
Speaker 4: Have a good day. Thanks to caring the show, buddy.
Speaker 15: Thanks last years.
Speaker 4: Jesse, Yes, yes, Jesse.
Speaker 17: If you could guess it, it goes.
Speaker 3: It's unique to Australia, nowhere else in the world. When I moved here, I was startled at first run across the road.
Speaker 4: Here, I said, what the hell is that they all know to move?
Speaker 3: It's like the numbush lays one.
Speaker 4: I was left behind.
Speaker 3: What the head is this?
Speaker 5: What happens?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 4: What are you having the it's more polite, it's more polite this is but I love this.
Speaker 3: In fact, Billy Eirish has a song where phoeis brother producer.
Speaker 4: He sampled it. All right, let's go to a Robert.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Jesse Robert, Good morning morning, Good morning Robert. What's the sound of Australia for you, Robert?
Speaker 10: Oh, waking up every morning? Two birds stirping and waking you up by parents came from overseas and visitors come over and they were actually complaining that.
Speaker 17: The birds were waking them up in the morning.
Speaker 4: Heard them before, miserable.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I gotta be come on, we're going to fall out here. I'll just say it. It's fingers down a chalk.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the beautiful dawn cors that I've been used to.
Speaker 8: Parrots Parish can be really noisy, like screechy.
Speaker 4: That's what we went for.
Speaker 5: An alarm clock.
Speaker 4: Wake up parrot. He's not a symphony, that is not a beautiful dorm chorus.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I blessed with a large Hi.
Speaker 3: Watch out, watch Out Magpie coming in six o'clock. Bogy's on the right. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Church about the dreaded sounder level crossing Sicada's Yeah, no one said about the cicadas at the moment, definitive.
Speaker 4: All right, let's got a Joe, come on in, Joe.
Speaker 6: Hehi you guys, Good morning, Joe.
Speaker 4: We're going well. And Joe, what do you think is a sound of Australia?
Speaker 6: Mate? Nothing better on our nice hot day.
Speaker 15: You finished work, you got home, opened the bridge at that first hand of the mate, when you open the rough, mate, and then just brings a tear to your eye.
Speaker 4: Mate, You know what you mean it is. It's actually like a kind of poetic where you describe it. But you're right. It's that first beer on a Friday when you open up this ice cold. It's it's just to start the weekend.
Speaker 3: Whether it's VB or something get a little bit classier, but whatever it is, it's entirely.
Speaker 4: Up to you.
Speaker 5: Do you like the taste of vv are coming from England?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 3: And what we can agree on is this the sound of the weekend of fresh beer is coming.
Speaker 4: It's the amber nectar and this classic cat as well.
Speaker 19: You can get it driving, you can get it diving, you can get it mix and coment.
Speaker 1: The hard and first needs a big old, bigger and the best cold beer is big big.
Speaker 3: You can get it rowing, you can get it blown, you can get.
Speaker 4: It telling afferent time. It's a different time.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I've got it now, Victoria Bitter. A classic advert that's about the iconic sounds and also what a classic old timey voice as well?
Speaker 4: Is that what it was? Yeah?
Speaker 7: He was you know him from Crocodile Dundee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, such a great voice, isn't he? Even the music.
Speaker 3: This this it should be our classic sounds should be in Australian in actually it should be. I like this. I think if we put a petition online sat start signing names, bigger petition ever.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to well done Joe.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for that one. Let's get to Tim here.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Tim, Hey morning gang, Happy hump day, Tim.
Speaker 4: Tim. What do you think is the sound of Australia?
Speaker 16: Mate, Well, it's one I call my Wednesday alarm clock and that's the clown over the road running he's really been doing his driveway mate.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Wednesday's our day as well.
Speaker 3: It's that this is an empty one. You can tell because that the it's flapping around too much. But you're right, that is a chorus in the morning, isn't it. When it's beIN dane As Street.
Speaker 16: A quarter to five, it's a ripper mone.
Speaker 4: There should be a law about that.
Speaker 3: If it's not out by nine o'clock in the evening, it's not out.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: You've missed your bin days shouldn't be. There should be a curfew when you're not allowed to suddenly stop you people like eleven or twelve o'cok at night.
Speaker 5: Trust guilty of that. If I forget, I'll no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: The worst thing is when they under the covered aren't is putting all their empty drink bottles in?
Speaker 5: I also do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we know why that is all those champagne bottles going in real.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Now Patsy the best newscaster newsreader in the business TV already hands down.
Speaker 4: We're lucky to have her every day.
Speaker 7: What's this leading up.
Speaker 4: Steve, a compliment that saddens me.
Speaker 3: Unconnected to what I just said. There are words we all struggle to say. I cannot say the word correctly, the past tense. To edit something I cannot say.
Speaker 4: Edited it?
Speaker 7: Okay? Are you edited?
Speaker 5: Edited?
Speaker 4: What is it so hard?
Speaker 3: I added in about an excellent nine words.
Speaker 5: I don't know when to stop edited it.
Speaker 3: I've just edited it. I've just edited it.
Speaker 5: Get the two edited edited it?
Speaker 4: Can you say Patsy edited? No, like to edited it. I've just edited it. I just edited it.
Speaker 5: You're going too many?
Speaker 1: Am I?
Speaker 3: My legs are going too quickly down the hill. Guys, I've just edited it.
Speaker 4: What's happened to me?
Speaker 3: I've just edited it, edited it.
Speaker 4: Oh see you were talking to say three times Patsy.
Speaker 7: Edited it, edited it, edited it.
Speaker 4: See. That is why she's the best? Is rio?
Speaker 5: Can you say ed edited it?
Speaker 3: The same disease saying can you try it edited?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: That's not no, that's just ed edited it.
Speaker 4: I've just edited it. Tell me just edited it. Clip.
Speaker 8: I've just edited a clip.
Speaker 4: No, I can do it, and they can't say something. So Patsy just did the news.
Speaker 7: And for you, it's this word phenomenon, phenomenon, that's.
Speaker 3: Hard phenomenon, phenomenon, phenomena, but it up phenomenal phenomenon. Shnonymon, Tara, Let's try and mix in minimon Nat with Patsy's.
Speaker 7: Phenomenon, phenomenon, phenomenon, phenomenon?
Speaker 3: Is it phenomenon, phenomenon, It's phenomenon. I just edited phenomenon. It's like the voice version of the iteist.
Speaker 7: Is what we're talking about, phenomenon, phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Any thought solid? Do you know what they know? What I mean?
Speaker 3: That's the news guys, Patsy out might.
Speaker 1: Drop Christian connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 3: There are certain words we just cannot say, right, I cannot say edited it, you know, like you've just chopped up a clip and you go, hey, family, I've just edited that, and people like, what what have you done?
Speaker 4: Patsy? I struggle with this word.
Speaker 7: It's human nature, phenomenon, phenomenon that we've remixed it, phenomenon, phenomenon.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make it available as the ringtime we all need that, the ring time we needed in the world.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: You're gonna made this new show all right, coming up after eight.
Speaker 3: Then on the lines on the phone this morning nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 4: That's my phone number. Put it in your phone No. Four one four one o four three. Impulse bies.
Speaker 3: Already some amazing stories lined up to be heard this morning. Your impis impulse spies. Another word I can't say, edited it the impulse spies. Christian I was feeling a bit flat, decided to go out and buy a Magdum ice cream. Oh love a Magnumber almond if you're getting women on, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, caramel eager, but not had that one. Oh it's chocolate caramel chocolate ice cream.
Speaker 4: Oh, my work. The Alma one's great for me.
Speaker 7: I like a white one. I like the white chocolate.
Speaker 4: Oh, the old albino one.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, no, I like to pick the chocolate off with my teeth and then just have like Hannibal like delicious.
Speaker 7: Phenomenon ice cream.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 4: Christian, I was filing with fact.
Speaker 3: I started going buy a Magnum ice cream, finished not buying a block of land on a new state four hundred and six k. Wow. Never got the ice cream.
Speaker 4: PS. It's title, it's titled.
Speaker 3: Eighteen months later, COVID then hit finally built a new home, moved in twelve months ago. Linda, what an amazing story, Christian. Just two nights ago we talked about impulse bies. My wife and I were looking for a few bits on Amazon. Five minutes later we brought a new car online. Oh, things escalated.
Speaker 5: You can get cars on Amazon.
Speaker 3: I'm not on Amazon now. I decided for the post he to put that for the letter boxes. He break up into parts. Come and collect your car from the local GPO. My husband and daughter went out to buy a new garden shard of pinies. Came back with a Lambrador puppy.
Speaker 4: That's from.
Speaker 3: Shelley Kevin. This is a great one. Once saw a guy in the self serve area of a big supermarket. He had five hundred grands of mintence beef and a brand new laptop. I'm not sure what was the original reason for going to the store, Christian. I went to buy cat food at the pet shop for our two cats. Came home with a third cap. All right, so we're looking for your stories of impulse spies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I know it is a strange question, but can you get footy colored coffins? Just Patsy's news about the Barbie coffin bom Mega fans.
Speaker 5: Surely someone in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: They're not in those merch shops. Where are the coffins?
Speaker 8: Are they out the backet like a range? I know you can get an aunt of mine had a wicker coffin.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my auntie got buried in one though.
Speaker 3: It was a second beautiful earth, yes, biodigradeable it was.
Speaker 4: It was a sort of six or wicker basket with hands.
Speaker 7: It's like a picnic basket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a picnic basket for the worms and stuff like that and nature. We've become composts.
Speaker 4: We return to where we come exactly. Thank you all right, Impulse spies, you out for milk? What did you come home with? This is Jody Christian.
Speaker 3: I went to the local plaza Pacific Weerribee to get spaghetti from Carls. Came home with a five thousand dollars diamond ring.
Speaker 5: Normally buy a rings?
Speaker 4: Is that in the frozen section?
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars rings?
Speaker 4: Why is it? Most expectedly you can buy coles or a worse.
Speaker 5: That is a great question.
Speaker 4: Now what is it?
Speaker 3: Wasn't an engagement ring, but my partner brought me a one carrot diamond promise ring. Oh, I've got asked, what is a promise ring? In my relationship? I promises something else. We know it's a contract, but not as legally by as I found out in twenty five years of marriage, I got about a billion promises to collect.
Speaker 8: In the eighties, you used to get a thing called a friendship ring, but it wasn't like an engagement ring. It was like a flat band, but it wasn't a promise ring.
Speaker 3: What's a promise ring?
Speaker 7: Well, is that I'm going to marry that?
Speaker 3: You're either the steps are so like traffic lights where there's a couple of different colors. Here, it's engagement. You're walking down the aisle, not the promise, the promise to get the engagement ring, and then the promise to walk down the aisle. Sorry, Chad, I'm sure it's a lovely rings now that five thousand Christian impulse by. I brought some skincare from one of those annoying shops in the middle of the shopping center.
Speaker 4: Those salespeople are very they're like spritchy with that.
Speaker 3: Don't worry any I said, no, they just come at you like Ninja's don't they. I spent two hundred and fifty bucks on it. Then I realized I shouldn't have bored it so well because I couldn't afford it. I scratched my hand to make it look like I had a allergic reaction so I could go. But I can get a refund.
Speaker 4: From Mikayla, uh Kylie, Marie.
Speaker 3: Good morning, impulse by everyone?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: We're good and what's your impulse by?
Speaker 19: So I was scrolling through Facebook one evening and saw that the Rolling Stones were touring in Europe, and I said to my husband, let's go because being a big fan. And then before we knew it, tickets will book that night and we flew to Stockholm to see them.
Speaker 4: Oh well, life is too short, honestly, one of the greatest bands in the world.
Speaker 19: Absolutely one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet you do it.
Speaker 3: I bet it must have cost a small fortune to go, But you've got memories for a lifetime seeing the Stones.
Speaker 19: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 19: And we were right up the front and we only spent four days in Stockholm, so it was a bit of a whirlwind tripn but well worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you must have just got off the flame from a straight saw the band and then you're back in your bag, so get come back home. Yeah, pretty much awesome. And then when was that, Ah, that was I think.
Speaker 19: Two thousand and sixteen. It was just before we got before we got married.
Speaker 4: Why Cora.
Speaker 3: These amazing artists now like me McCartney coming here in October, and Billy Joel last year, and I saw Springsteen two months ago. They are reversing the age of time, aren't they. They're incredible, Like Jagger is unbelievable.
Speaker 19: Oh, absolutely, so much energy on stage. It's just yet impressive. And you can see the love that they still have to play, and I think, yeah, that's just beautiful to see.
Speaker 4: I love that. Calorie all right, thank you very much. You cool, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Let's got Alex now, Alex, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys. I love the show. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Oh pleasure, thanks for calling the show and listen to show. Alex.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the story of an impulse by for us?
Speaker 10: One night was I had a few too many drinks. I was watching Home Line.
Speaker 4: Too, and.
Speaker 3: Isn't it you had a cut of beers? You know what, I'm going to watch home We know too, is out John Wickford?
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I saw the scene where the Kevin was riding around the city in the limousine, and I thought to myself, I'm going to buy a limousine.
Speaker 11: Oh and.
Speaker 4: Surely or not.
Speaker 10: That night I bought a limousine start Unseen online. My wife was less than impressed. And about a week later I went to pick up the limousine. Mind you, I've heard nothing but complaints from my wife. I said, no, no, this is going to be good. It's going to be great. And it was the worst financial mistake I had ever made.
Speaker 3: For sure, we're all going I mean, where'd you park a limousine?
Speaker 4: It's the street enough, it's the whole street. No one asking mark on the street anymore.
Speaker 10: It was ten meters long, m I didn't have a garage long enough.
Speaker 4: It must be prom night. No, it is Alex's new car.
Speaker 3: Then the school running that.
Speaker 10: As a matter of fact, I'm glad you said that. I did take my son to school quite a few times.
Speaker 3: That is the best day ever. That's the only time that your your kid wants you to try to take them to school. That is amazing rolling up in a limousine.
Speaker 10: I even got out and opened the door for him and everything.
Speaker 5: You're talking about your what thing upset? As though she's crazy for thinking that.
Speaker 4: You won't believe her reaction. Guys, so you still got it, Alex.
Speaker 10: No, So I bought it for twelve th thousand, and then I spent another six thousand on it, and then I saw it about six months later for six thousand.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no, the sums do not add up.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Oh, what was the original plan for it? Like you get the limo? Did you have any grand plans?
Speaker 10: Look, I just wanted to do it around, get someone to drive me around the city, and eight pizza in the back of it. I like that.
Speaker 3: I want to be able to live in that world with you. Well, it's why not just have a beer and pizza in the back of a limo. It shouldn't just be for formals and prom nights. The rest of us should just be able to have a couple of beers and about and have pizza normalized limos.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, why don't we book some limousines where every day it's just to go and take you to pick up It's like very short trip. It's gonna pick up your take away or when you're gonna pick up your dry cleaning. But real hum drum stuff, not a formal You're quite right, Alex, you've given us a couple of ideas.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Mane. Do you know what Alex? Do you know what I'm going to do for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, just rapidly decided that you are this week's cooler away. May have lost thousands, but you've just won one thousand dollars with our corner of the week.
Speaker 10: Amazing, that's amazing. Thank you so much to see.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, you gave us a great story. You are this week's instant cooler of the week. One thousand dollars is yours thanks to Mercedes ben Sperrick trading up the Mercedes Benz trading a Mercedes Benz Berrick. They're better your trading Bryce by three thousand dollars or more. That's how Mercedes ben Sperric aleix. Great story, really really well told. You're our instant call of the week. One thousand dollars still doesn't make but the loss, but at least it's something.
Speaker 10: Can I give you some point of advice? Guys, sure, don't get drunken bally mate.
Speaker 4: Add it to my ongoing life hacks.
Speaker 3: Alex one of my favorite callers of the year.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, mate, great story.
Speaker 10: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: There is so much going on that I was actually making notes why that was telling his story. There's another phone in tomorrow, isn't there? When you had a few too many beers, there should be a breathalyzer on laptops, computers, and phones to stop us making drunken decisions like that and making a loss.
Speaker 4: He lost thousands on that.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Awesome cool and story today from everyone but Alex. They in particular of having a few beers too many, then two decisions that are curious. Decided to watch Home Alone two. All the movies you could watch after a couple of beers, but Home Alone two and then a ten.
Speaker 4: Meter long limousine.
Speaker 3: Also this morning, just because Patsy mentioned it in the news, the success, huge, mega success of the Barbie movie.
Speaker 4: How They're now? So is it official? Barbie coffin?
Speaker 8: Yeah, plastic, fantastic.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like a bespoke thing, like a wrapper roun or no NOI like Mattel coffins literally get back in the box. They got those little wire.
Speaker 4: Things, those ones you can't open that chilling.
Speaker 3: He's your own. So the smallest is wondering can you get like you know, in a city that's footy mad? Are there coffins that are bespoke like footy color ones? I don't know whether they're officially available right from the from the clubs, Christian.
Speaker 4: My dad was a sign writer.
Speaker 3: A family friend passed away and was a massive Dick Johnston fan, a legendary racing car driver. His family asked Dad to paint his coffin in Dick Johnston's colors like his racing car. It looks awesome. The neighbors did think something was odd with a coffin company of in and out of my dad's driveway, coffin with speed stripes, his body, his work home with him. All right, so we're talking about impulse buys. On nine four one four one oh four three you went out for milk and what did you come home with? Belinda?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning, How are you, Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good? But then don't I hope you will? So what's your story for us? This morning?
Speaker 11: I was being a good grandparent. And it was my granddaughter's birthday and all the Barbie dolls in the local area had been sold out. So I actually drove to Ballarat to buy her a Barbie doll for her birthday and ended up coming home with the Barbie doll and a new caravan and a new car.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, that's a lot.
Speaker 11: I saw something shiny on the way home.
Speaker 5: Wow, did you get the Barbie doll?
Speaker 11: I got the Barbie doll. It wasn't a coffin Barbie doll. I got a Barbie doll. And then on my way out of town, I saw a caravan and I thought, we've we've been talking about getting one. My husband wasn't with me.
Speaker 4: I rang to do listen.
Speaker 11: I said, look, I've got a caravan. Look at it online. I'm buying it. And that's what i'd I went in and while I was going through the caravan, he was looking at it online and I was signing on the dotted line before he even.
Speaker 4: Got back to that's great a woman on a mission. That is incredible.
Speaker 11: I was, And then got two kilometers down the road and called in. He saw a nice shiny car and decided I wanted that as well, so.
Speaker 3: I thought you could tell them together, so there's two different stop offs.
Speaker 11: They were. But I couldn't toe the car with.
Speaker 2: The car towing a caravanosine couldn't anyway, so if the car was too small before.
Speaker 4: But then the funny stuff. Thank you very much you called me. I have a good day, you do.
Speaker 11: Bye?
Speaker 4: Mark, Good morning, Good morning mate.
Speaker 17: How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good Mark?
Speaker 4: And we're talking about impulse spies. What's yours?
Speaker 17: The wife and I were walking down the street in Melbourne one day and we'd come across this comic store and I send this marble iron Man suit in the window, and I thought it was a statue, so I thought I had to go in for a look suit. And apparently it wasn't a statue. It was a full iron Man working suit. You could actually put it on and walk.
Speaker 4: Around in it. So I bought it.
Speaker 3: And where would you go in a we're not fully working. It's not like you're flying up the chat to Pepper rob it. You know, you just get awkwardly.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: You never saw him go to toilet in it video.
Speaker 3: I guess very hard to go to the toll How much Didney working Iman suit cost?
Speaker 17: Ten and a half grande.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, wear that like comic con or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well he hipped in a once.
Speaker 10: Yeah it was a big kid.
Speaker 17: I slipped in it once.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyone else in the bed get a little bit of iron play on.
Speaker 17: It's a little bit of iron.
Speaker 4: Lovely.
Speaker 3: So I still got it, always sold it, cleaned it up and sold it.
Speaker 17: No, it's in the main cave.
Speaker 4: Now what an item I know it is.
Speaker 3: It's an investment. Actually a beautiful thing. It's a talking point.
Speaker 4: It's better than the water as with hoops of money.
Speaker 17: Now, obviously that Robert Dane and Junior died in the movie sopol Alert.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: The prices go up and down. It's like gold. Yeah, absolutely, I have no idea. Yea, yeah, all right, Mark, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian My Impulse by I went to the reptile exhibition on the Showgrounds to sell a snake, came home with another two snakes. I've got no idea why, Christian. Probably because you have snakes. Sounds likely Jack and the.
Speaker 4: Bean Stalk, is it, Tim?
Speaker 3: It kind of figures one snakes, three snakes. I'm serious about trying to organize Limo week next week. And like we were saying with Alex, limos normally the reserve of the younger. You don't get middle aged trips in a limo, you know, turning your little doctors, go and get your head done, your nails done. So if we were going to do every day limo trips next week on the show, Limmo trip a day, where you're going and this is everyday stuff, okay, like taking into the gym, maybe taking you go and do your weekly supermarket at shop at Carl's Weather and they've got big boots, so you just put it in all those seats. You're loading it in there. It looks awkward. They're like shovel like all your bags are shopping and your groceries rolling around down the Click and.
Speaker 5: Collect where they they packed all the bags where you put it in your car.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, So we try and organize this for next week, where would you be going? What could we do every day limo trips. It's not the big things like four malls or anything like that. It's just the everyday stuff that you do, but you do it in a limo.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Half an hour ago, we're chatting to Alex. We're doing a phoning with you guys about impulse buys. He had a few beers too many and it ends up buying a ten meter long limo, spends then six thousand on it, which I forgot to ask him about, and then I think he lost about eight or nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Anyway, a lot of people are.
Speaker 3: Saying, oh, I've never been a limo and all that, and I think it normally it's like four malls and stuff of that, going a wedding or bunks like whatever. Would you be great if this was like we did Limo Week next week on the show. Every day we take you for a ride in a limo, but it's something every day you just do in your lives like this Christian. My limo ride if I was to take part in Limo Week next week, would include picking up my granddaughter from kindergarten and then taking her for a Maca's treat dry through limo.
Speaker 5: You couldn't get that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we're gonna try. We're gonna that would be amazing.
Speaker 5: How do you get I want to see it happen.
Speaker 3: I want to see it happen. We are gonna make it happen next week limo in a drive through. Christian, we have an under seventeen soccer game at Greenville that is across town from where we are. Love to turn up in a limo, mind games.
Speaker 5: The whole team, Yes, in a limo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christian.
Speaker 3: Not sure the limo would come out to packing them, but I'd love to just all the the kids drop off at daycare. That's from Tim. Let's take some of you here right now every day limo trips. Where would you be going, Leanne, good morning?
Speaker 6: Oh well, I.
Speaker 11: Teach some school groups swimming on a Tuesday morning in Sidlam and then I need to go out to my butter shop at all all right, to work for.
Speaker 19: The rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Great, So he's picking you up from picking you up from swimming, and then it's taking you to work at the butchers. Yes, this is what a limo should be for every day you all your wet swimming ish shoving them back in the limo and then off to work in the butchers.
Speaker 17: Yep, perfect, all right, Leam, that could.
Speaker 4: Be happy next week. That's a great one. Catherine. Where would the limo be taking you next week?
Speaker 19: Can they just drop me at the cairo.
Speaker 3: Yes, we can do that.
Speaker 19: Can we go buy my favorite cafe and get a coffee?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Yeah, yeah, do a couple of multiple pickups on the way, yes, all.
Speaker 19: Right, cafe Friday. Yeah, I'm looking for Friday.
Speaker 4: So can I get all right? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Uh shy?
Speaker 4: Good morning, shy, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good shy. So where would the limo be taking you next week?
Speaker 12: Well, I've got some elderly grand parents in law which are in their nineties, and they've never been in a limo, and I thought this might be a good way to get on their good side and take them to They go to Northland Shopping Center every day for a coffee in a pasty, and I thought next week would be amazing. Maybe Friday, that would be brilliant because they usually go on a Friday as well. Well. So I thought they toddle around all Land shopping center holding hands.
Speaker 4: This is just the best.
Speaker 12: Yes, So I thought that would be really nice thing for them to do, nice beautiful.
Speaker 4: Thing, just to go and do together and get their little coffee in the morning.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's right, So they're not really early risers, but probably mid morning would be.
Speaker 4: This Bucks, the trend.
Speaker 3: Most of the old old timers get out of bed way too early.
Speaker 4: You've got nothing to do.
Speaker 3: Stay, Yeah, they do, they do.
Speaker 12: They love staying in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old students, they send a treat.
Speaker 4: What are their names?
Speaker 12: Jack and Lois?
Speaker 4: Lois cutiful? Love that love that.
Speaker 3: That's a really nice story. Okay, we've got to make Limo week happen next week for Jack and Lewis.
Speaker 12: All right, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a Limo company, you know, but I'm going to do all like that. Make Limo weak happened. Limo companies call me nine four one four one o four three. Got to the patus about to throw himself off the wheeling. He's on the ledge every day. All right, keep this coming. Where would you go every day?
Speaker 4: Limos?
Speaker 3: Well, I forgot where we are now it's called it to nine is time? We are late this morning? Real, let's get into this quick bit.
Speaker 4: It's since sweet. We're looking for your science movies. Yes.
Speaker 3: By the way, I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet. My mum went to see it over the weekend.
Speaker 4: She calls me. Afterwards.
Speaker 3: I've just come out of Oppenheimer. She goes it's incredible, but there's a there's a historical error in it because said Einstein rocks.
Speaker 4: Up in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he pops up making it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Old man, but Einstein's in it. She goes, he must have been dead surely, like way before a storyline. I went, I don't think Christopher nodan Her, I don't think he has had a quick look on i Stein Wikipedia, Ironpedia.
Speaker 4: When did he die?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 3: We don't have time for when did I I just realized we're running late, and I just thought, I take us a diversion that says about the life and times of Albert Einstein.
Speaker 8: And April fifty five.
Speaker 3: With a brush shoulders in the science world with old what's she working on anyway? Science movies? Yes, there's something about Mary Cury.
Speaker 5: Oh good, fancy silver plus.
Speaker 3: Forget about the sound of music, the science version of that, the sound of me Thane stinky back to the periodic table, silver plus. He's ungreat old science scoring on Fanny this morning. I think that's why I wanted that Einstein thin listen, run out the clock a bit Edward radius hats yeah.
Speaker 4: Here to see me like this Rio whatever you got here we go. He's got two degrees.
Speaker 9: Miss Daisy is on the table. We're dissecting this. Tazy even mumbled the delivery. Science isn't funny. There's an optical telescope in China. It's the big hovel in little China.
Speaker 4: Now that is gol that's smart.
Speaker 9: And Lindsay Lowen's in the science class. Mean galileos very good, high route.
Speaker 3: Top end of town, gold plus.
Speaker 4: All right, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Science Movies best in show. Off to go and see the Human League. They're doing Dare, one of the classic albums of the eighties. Next March at the Palais. You can win a pin of tickets right now. Science Movies four seventy five, three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show, podcasts.
Speaker 3: And then we're building something incredible here. Limo Week starting to come together, Christian. What I'm talking about is trying to make Limo Week happen next week. Every day on the show, you go on a trip, whatever you just have on next week, you're doing it in a Limo. Christian. I need to pick up a door from Bunnings next week. It won't fit my car, but it will fit the back of a Limo. Philm that is a great kind of bunnet. Where will you bock out the front of Bunnings. They're always busy those car parks, but her limo. They're trying to like turn around in the car park and then some guy work walking out with a door and just fling it in the back of a limo. Phil, that's a great way to use the Limo on Limo Week. These are great, Thank you very much. And also Limo companies are started calling as well for Limo Week.
Speaker 4: All right, so we're looking for your time wasters. Side is with us.
Speaker 3: There's so many Limo ones coming out. I'm trying to my text is blowing up at the moment, trying to find all the science movie.
Speaker 4: Science movies are the time waster best in show.
Speaker 3: You have to see The Brilliant Human League next year ninth and March at the Palais Theater.
Speaker 4: All right, science movies.
Speaker 3: Fantastic four eyes com on both Ray and I and Patsy's glass Wearers.
Speaker 5: We are not scientists, so we're fantastic, yes, Richard.
Speaker 3: The Curious Case of Benjamin Bunsen Boner Silva, get ready, a lot of Bunsen boner one, but they're really funny. Helium just not that into you. Silver plus Bunsen, burner and hooch, said Turner. Yes, Mike, that's my level of science. Throw mama from the particle accelerator. Oh wow, my brown micking point. Cook, well done the Petrie dish.
Speaker 5: Huh oh oh yeah, good god.
Speaker 3: Yeah morning Limo week Just want to take my dogs for the walk. Next Tuesday, Ted and Georgie. They love being in cars with the windows down. A lot of windows, finding that you're in traffic and you just see a limo with the windows down, the two dogs sticking and head out of the car spitting this daisy.
Speaker 4: Or very gold.
Speaker 3: Oppenheimer's next trip Oppenheimer too back with a vengeance franchise movie, Dude wears my cadaver Silver, Dude, whar's my test shoe?
Speaker 4: Silver weekend at birties. That's for Albert Einstein.
Speaker 3: That I could see the movie posted him with the Crazy Weekend at Bertiees.
Speaker 4: Alberts d them for magnesium silver. Very clever.
Speaker 3: Someone knows they're periodic table, had Tron Collider. Oh good gold, Bruso Wildern, you mean science degree silver Wooley equals mc squared, gold, What I'm justin Oppenheimenator, Bronze, chlorophyll with a chance of meatballs, bronze just trying to crowbar insens Worth.
Speaker 4: Look who's hawking?
Speaker 5: Oh god?
Speaker 4: What about that order?
Speaker 3: Is it pulp friction? Yes, silva, The Curious Case of Benjamin's Diorama, Richard bunsen Burner and Hoots. I think we really did that one, bunsen Burne, after.
Speaker 5: Reading a silver miners three men in a test tube.
Speaker 3: Baby, it's science.
Speaker 5: Baby, yeah, silver plus All right?
Speaker 3: Who is off to the Human League weekend at Bertie's weekend, at Bertie's. Well done, that's the winner today.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Show Today, last few days of you winning control all the billboards of Melbourne winning billboard Today. It's a public service message from one of you, Gary on behalf of not just him sound but all Gardner's are fed up of getting a whipper snipper full of dog poop as lazy.
Speaker 4: Dog owners aren't clearing up after their dogs.
Speaker 3: This is the current message which is on the Nepean Highway, bolty Bridge, Princess Freeway Taller and the Monash Hey.
Speaker 9: Dog owners, pick up your dog poop. I don't want to whip a snipper faceful of it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Gary Brackett's on behalf of all guidness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck with that message today, Gary. Okay, tomorrow's show, let's talk about next week's shows. Limo will you if you build it, the limos will drive next week of a show. We're trying to put this together, just literally all trying to throw it together the last forty five minutes a Limo day next week on the show.
Speaker 4: That's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 3: But taking you to whatever you've got on your normal whatever, your Tuesday thing is, your Wednesday thing is every day just sings in limos Christian, what about this Christian. I've got a couple of deliveries to do. I'm a part time delivery driver. I could fit a load of items in the limo. Yes, Andrew, that's a possibility. So where would you like to go next week in your limo? And the other thing we're looking for is limo company. So if you're a Limo company, please email me today. This is Boom Time next week week, the only show in town doing Limo week. Christian, Christian O'Connell dot com dot au so Limo companies we need if you want, give them my nudge to contact me. And then the really big thing is where do you want to go next week? What's the point doing a radio show if we can't make Limo Week happen next week?
Speaker 4: And more importantly, the highlight.
Speaker 3: Already for me is that lovely couple we heard about, Jack and Lois who are in their nineties. They are that couple you've seen shopping centers. You always wonder why do they do that where they like the called have said, it's her in laws. They toddler long. This happens, This is, this is gonna happen to all of us. They go and get their coffee every day. They live ten minutes away from the Northland shopping center. Don't we want next week to do one thing team, to put Jack and Lewis in that limousine, to send them off.
Speaker 4: To Northland to have their daily cup of coffee.
Speaker 5: In style more than anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's that's that's why we're doing this. Also though there are two other things One we want. I want Andrew to go and pick up that Dort Bunnings. I'm going to shove in the back of a Limo, and I want to see what happens when you arrive in a limo, Marcus drive.
Speaker 4: Can it be done? Is there a drive through somewhere in this city that's.
Speaker 3: Got quite a large sort of horseshoe we can go? And these are the big questions that need to be answered today. Uh, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Carl A. Brener, you're listening to The Christian o'conll Show podcast.