Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Show podcast Christian O'Connell's Show. I know this is sad. I can't move on from this when it's a slope a hill. I've just googled steepest hills in Melbourne. A cyclist has plotted the steep because obviously it's you're a cyclist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know a hill. Gaffney Street sixteen percent gradient? Right?
Speaker 4: That doesn't even sound like that much, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Hardy Street twenty four percent? Do we know what the elevation is of this so called non hill that we work on?
Speaker 3: En Richmond?
Speaker 4: Can I also tell you I have been to the steepest street in the world San Francisco. No, it's in Dunedin, New Zealand?
Speaker 3: Really is that right? Which? One great question?
Speaker 4: Let me look it up?
Speaker 3: And I thought you might have had it change. I can't remember giving a half as fact. There a tough follow up question, what's it cool? A great question? What is it bald?
Speaker 4: Is the straight steepest street in the world?
Speaker 3: What kind of gradient you're looking at there? Surely over a thirty.
Speaker 4: It goes up ten horizontal meters? What's grading? What's its grading?
Speaker 3: We do an oscar Cereal. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, now that is that? What is Richmond Hill? What's the gradient in this place? Three percent? The so called hill.
Speaker 4: Seven light weight?
Speaker 3: Light weight? No, no, no, all right.
Speaker 2: What would you find in every single Australian home encyclopedias on the bookshelf matches with the Red Lady Christian? There was a nineties TV show called Richmond Hill.
Speaker 1: Oh was there?
Speaker 3: It was a weak.
Speaker 2: Neighbours style soapie. We're gonna have to it. I'm gonna have to find out about Richmond Hill. That comes from Brendan, Christian. What about your nan and grander, that old tea pot with a knitted cover sitting on the bench or cupboard.
Speaker 3: You're right, yeah, you don't see there's any more the tea cozy. Marie Anne's on the line. Good morning Mary Anne.
Speaker 5: Good morning Christian and gain here you're going.
Speaker 3: Oh, sitting on the top of the hill right now, And well.
Speaker 4: It is a bit of a hill.
Speaker 5: It's always been known as Richmond Hill, but.
Speaker 3: It's barely a head. It's a slope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, But you're a palm, you're a listen.
Speaker 3: We know hills, we know from the land of hills.
Speaker 5: Now, I bet you your parents or your grandparents had a croached tourlet role holder.
Speaker 3: My grandparents did.
Speaker 2: You're right round the old knitted little sort of cover that the loo rollers used to have.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the toilet seat as well.
Speaker 5: Every game heels head.
Speaker 2: One, every all right, Marian, thank you very much?
Speaker 3: You cool?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: By Christian o'connall show podcast Christian o'connall's show once More offering you top draw entertainment.
Speaker 3: When is a slope a hill?
Speaker 2: I'm questioning whether it is right to call this slope an ingredient that we work on here in Richmond, Goodwood Street, just off Lennard Street. It is not strictly a hill somewhat quite a few of actually on. They used to be a TV show in the eighties called Richmond Hill, produced by reg Grundy Corporation.
Speaker 3: It was like a neighbour's spinoff, Hidden.
Speaker 1: Romances, Honorable Citizens and Dishonorable Husbands, Douglass, What goes on now? Richmond Hill coming soon to tin.
Speaker 3: A Thinking about that is eighties, doesn't it? I love that? Remember that now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It ran for only one season on Channel ten. Patsy, but just listen the music, the voice over and again, the cheating husbands.
Speaker 1: Hidden romances, honorable citizens and dishonorable husbands. Douglass, What goes on now Richmond Hill? Coming soon to ten?
Speaker 2: I've just had a look at the sort of synopsis. It's the dullest TV.
Speaker 3: Show in the world.
Speaker 2: It had three locations, the police station, the pub and the post office.
Speaker 3: How did they get that to go an hour every week? Just goggling up bright.
Speaker 4: T is those busy dishonorable husbands.
Speaker 1: You're quite right, hidden romeouses, honorable citizens and dishonorable husbands.
Speaker 3: Don't less?
Speaker 1: What goes on at Richmond Hill? Coming soon to ten?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Jack has been on the steepest hill in the world.
Speaker 4: That's right. Since nineteen eighty seven. It has been Dunedian's Baldwin Street. It was a street in San Francisco previously, but now they hold the Guinness World Record for a thirty five percent gradient.
Speaker 3: And you've gone all the way up.
Speaker 4: It gone all the way up. It, yes, steep, very bad. You'll notice, yeah street.
Speaker 3: You yeah, you feed it. You really feel the legs burning. Three calls the way up, Jason, Hi, how are you? I'm good? Jason? So you you're from Duneden.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was born here. My aunt he actually lived on Baldwin Street.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what are the odds and we're talking about it steep.
Speaker 5: She lived about the fifteen house, the fifteenth house up and for me it still talk about half an hour to get to a house.
Speaker 3: You had to take a couple of breaks and a breathe, you take a knee.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. Each each year they have an annual gut Buster race where you run up the hill and back down it.
Speaker 4: Running down the hill would be dangerous, but running up the hills so long.
Speaker 5: They've got a hit of ambulances here for the people that fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet they have. Yeah, all right, Jason.
Speaker 5: You also can't You also can't pack the car beside the two facing up or down because the emergency barrick might snap and you might lose your car.
Speaker 3: Really have stopped rolling back down.
Speaker 5: You have to pack diagonally because if you're part sideways on a strong wind, you might flip the car.
Speaker 2: Now, that is a hill that's on this non hill, Richmond, the hill.
Speaker 5: It's something some curves of hit the brake snick and gone right through the other side of their road and throw into a quarry.
Speaker 2: You are kidding me, No, Well did you put in the quarry at the moment of that big hill.
Speaker 5: That's the need in this quarry everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 3: You can't move a flipping quarries.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much, give us a call and giving us the lowdown on that big hill.
Speaker 3: And guy Dunheaton, you're welcome. Thank you. But The Christian O'Connell Show podcast