Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on the show, we have this call from Debbie, my husband.
Speaker 3: When he was about nineteen, he worked in a sports store in Melbourne City and he actually sold a peer and runner to Leo Sayer. So he never lets us forget it, even this many years on.
Speaker 2: That's right, to never let that story ever die down. So today we want to follow this up with other stories and sightings of celebrities at the checkout. Christian, I served Harold Bishop a beer we would accept. I mean that it's a check out, one of the greatest checkuts they can be at the bar, at the bar, Thank you very much. From Mitch, I love this one. Collect My daughter served Liam Hemsworth Adam Macer's drive through.
Speaker 4: That is that's how you get that rid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christian I sold Pierce Brosnan did wed at an art gallery at an art gallery on Laguna Beach in California. All right, So celebrities at the checkout not just if you serve them, it's if you are lucky enough to serve someone famous. A through the Zadlisters, Howld Bishop of somewhere in there you can work out where he is, but also actually just seeing anyone at the checkout or buying something. I saw a celebrity, one half of Go West, you know, we play King of Wishful Thinking, the keyboard player. I saw him returning a mop to t K Max. He always hates someone who's ahead of you in the in the cure up returning something because they've got to ring that bell, go get this, Steve's got to come out, gotta you've got to fill out your dress. It's such a fac And I was like, that's the guy from that's the King of wishful Thinking.
Speaker 4: And he wasn't happy with how the mob was.
Speaker 2: Not wisha thinking. He wished he hadn't got that mop. He I think it was only like the refund because I saw it, Like nothing in t K max is over about eleven minks. Surely there's enough go whet money left where you can afford a mop.
Speaker 4: But it's the principle.
Speaker 2: It's the principle. Yes, that's right, all right, So celebrities at the checkout, who have you seen? Who have you served?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm loving the drama, the ongoing drama. It's gonna have his own Netflix show about the device. It's gonna have own podcast about your microphone collapsing. Can I just say, cable ties fix everything? Okay, Ted Bundy, just leave it yourself. We don't need to know. Paul and Coop we rob all right. So we're asking about celebrities at the checkout on nine four one four, one oh four three. Hey Jess, Hey Christian, how are you. I'm good, Jess. Welcome to the show. So celebrities at the checkout.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I was working in a little beach, a little beach hut Stol Shops in the island Overbiza about ten years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I happen to look up my.
Speaker 5: From my serve encounter and a lady.
Speaker 6: Walked in with sunglasses on and took them off.
Speaker 7: And it was actually Goldie Horn.
Speaker 2: Did you say?
Speaker 5: She ended up, you know, looking around.
Speaker 6: The shop, and you know, and she'd actually come off of this is an enormous boat that was parked directly opposite where the shop was situated, and she started looking around and I recommended her all.
Speaker 5: Of my favorite clothes to try on, of which she decided to she loved, and she literally bought everything in every different color possible and ended up spending about a thousand dollars in my little shop.
Speaker 2: On the ball, I could shot for the rest of the week. Can't if Goldie Horns done that?
Speaker 5: It was unbelievable. Yeah, sorrynny thing is was she actually had to call back to the boat to get her purse, bought over.
Speaker 2: My purse and got a dingy with a great big purse with Joe purse on the persing. Jess, that's a great one, Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 2: Simon, good mornings.
Speaker 8: There are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm going to super Sich. What have you got for us?
Speaker 8: So I got to oh, this is back when I was working at Virgin Music, the megastore on Champel Straight, so back when digging and CDs were.
Speaker 2: A thing still remember on Virgin megastores they were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 8: It was a good times. So the first one I had was Valentine and Rossi. So he's a yes, I'm a modern of myself. I had a bit of a standing their moment and came down. He saw my helmet falling, so I was pretty pleasing that. And the next one was.
Speaker 2: You happened to have it handy just in case. Valentino and Rossi, one of the greatest motorcyclists ever, came in there is I need to day what happened years I've been lucky. I don't even have a bike.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I d I.
Speaker 8: Ride my mind back to work every day. So I was I was lucky. That was the sign.
Speaker 2: So that's so cool. You've got Rossie to sign it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and the alarm was Chris Lily So Chris Lee, the strained actor. Yeah, I can't remember what it was. But he came up to my counter. You know when the count you're busy, you got about three or four people deep, and you sort of look at the people to say, look, oh, even in a minute. So I gave him that look. I was like, well, I'll be in a minute, and he looked back at me and he gave me a jamay look, which is one of.
Speaker 2: The amazing character been shoplifting.
Speaker 7: And he wasn't too impressed, and and then went to have the counter.
Speaker 4: So do you know who I am?
Speaker 2: Hey, Goldie Hall cute.
Speaker 7: It was a bit of that.
Speaker 8: He's probably buying his own David.
Speaker 2: All right, Simon, thank you very much. You cool. Belinda, Hello, Hello there, Belinda.
Speaker 1: Hi here you going yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Belinda, pick up the pace, Belinda at the checker, who you're seeing?
Speaker 3: That's twenty years ago, I said, Delta Goodrum when at the height of her saying that, Baker's thought still.
Speaker 2: Like this, now, this is worth getting with the pauses? What was she buying at Baker's Delight at the height of her fame, she was a bit indecisive.
Speaker 3: I think she went for an apple scroll.
Speaker 2: In the end, I get very indecisive. Everything looks great, sweet shop.
Speaker 3: Her uniforms were not great, but everything else was good.
Speaker 2: Also, I feel side for Delta Goodroom. If she's listening right now, she just found out she peaked twenty years ago. List your apex twenty years ago? Did you serve anyone else in Bakers? Did I? Or just Delta?
Speaker 8: I was in Port Melbourne.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of celebrities at the time, of footballers and.
Speaker 4: A lot of water bees.
Speaker 2: I think you're good enough for Bakers to light dear no apple straw for you, Belinda, Thank you very much and cool, Thanks Christian, and apologies to anyone who works with Delta Goodroom. She's still very much in a.
Speaker 1: Peek Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Come for the show, Stay for the Jeff Kennett stories. We're talking to her about celebrities at the checkout. Who've you seen being served? Maybe you've served them. I've got Suddenly two Jeff Kennett ones have come in, Christian. Jeff Kennett wants into my liquor store, stop the counter and asked how much the dreichin Jerrell was. I told him. He walked down competitive enough, went across the road to Cole's. I love the way. Easy to compare the market, you know how the price of the market, price of dry chin Jerrell. He's not sure of a bobble too, is he either?
Speaker 4: Oh, buy my liquy here, but the mixer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daniel, thank you very much for that, Christian. I used to work at Target in the city, and the premier at the time, Jeff Kennet's him again, came in and brought twenty twenty dollars kettle. That's the man who was treasurer at the time. He's balancing his budgets. He also brought a heap of mops and buckets. Rachel, that's great, Christian. I serve Billy Brownless a burger and beer there's literally no surprise in that. Of course you were. What else do were you having at the Crown Christian? Just a coincidence. Actually had dream last night. I worked in a servo and sold Frodo Baggins some AFLs. Oh the stars are lining up for your rob it's a premonition. All right. This is a great one from Ben Christian listened to the show to me, he's ago in my Uni day. So this is amazing story. I hope someone sends this to I was going the thing of Peter one night, delivered to an absolute megastar of the AFED at the time, Brendan Favola. And he was, wasn't it. Yeah? Yeah, Brendan was very friendly and polite. We'd expect no less as a hand in him is fourteen dollars ninety five pizza. It gave me fifteen bucks and waited its five cents. A hell of a buyer, but could have been a tad more generous when holding on a five cent tip. That's a great one. Thank you very much. All right, let's go to the lines down. Last couple of calls, Melli, thank you very much recording in what's your story?
Speaker 3: Hi guys, I actually served Mark Jacko Jackson in the city at one of the Seven elevens I used to work at many many years ago. This was back when his energizer adds were out and I sold him batteries.
Speaker 2: Was he filming a new land and you just didn't realize it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: And did he buy energizers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, no, he thought the competitors.
Speaker 2: That's even better. Did he say to you, don't tell about this okay buying them?
Speaker 3: No? He actually looked a bit cheap because I actually said to him, haven't you got lo a lifetime supply? But yeah, he looked a bit sheepish and didn't didn't say much.
Speaker 2: It's amazing scenes, great story, many thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bye bye, Judy.
Speaker 7: Hi, Christian Fagang.
Speaker 2: Game welcomes you to the show. What have you got for Judy?
Speaker 7: Well, I was at I worked at Bunnings and I was on the toolshop register, which was across from the service desk, and there was a young girl at the service desk, and all of a sudden, Brian Taylor walked up to her register and I'm waving my hands and I'm trying to point to her and I'm saying, that's.
Speaker 1: Brian Taylor, b T legend T Yes.
Speaker 7: So she finally clicked on. She's laughed, and she's pointed at me, and she actually sent him over to my register, so I had to serve him.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's an sisters. Yeah, that's a friend helping out a sister.
Speaker 7: Oh well, she was gorgeous girl, and I was so embarrassed. I think I was as red as my uniform.
Speaker 2: What was BT bind by away?
Speaker 7: I think he had a hammer? So yeah, so he thought like he was lovely. He sort of smiled at me and he said, you know, I'm guessing you're calling with supporter, and I'm like, yeah, absolutely. So then he saw her apron for.
Speaker 2: Me, that's lovely holding that hammer, and then just casually wanders out holding a hammer.
Speaker 7: Absolutely he did.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, Judy, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Thanks guys.
Speaker 9: Vanessa, Hello Vanessa, Hello, Hi everyone, Hello world.
Speaker 2: We've been waiting for you. Vanessa. What's your story about celebrity at the checkout mate?
Speaker 7: Yes, I was working in my mail then.
Speaker 3: It would have been back in the late eighties early nineties and a lot of celebrities through that busy store.
Speaker 2: When you're in town, when you're playing the rod Labor, you go.
Speaker 7: To Mile That's it the place to be.
Speaker 3: And I actually was working at the Christian deaw Fragrance counter and I met this lovely Irish guy and it ended up that he was Bono's drummer.
Speaker 2: Otherwise simply as Bono's drummer, he's actually who too, drummer even Pa and drummer picked up Drake cleaning. Hey, that's amazing. When what was he was he buying some dior obviously from your counter?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 7: He bought Sarrenheit.
Speaker 2: Which is got it for he would have gone for his Master bonner, another Splitzer bonner Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast Foo