Speaker 1: Oh will you try that on silent Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Unput. I'm Britt and I'm Laura, and we are so pumped to be here. We have a killer episode for you this week.
Speaker 2: This week we're going to be talking about Only Fans. I don't know if you guys have heard of it or not. Some of you may have. It's actually not that new, but it's very popular now, subscription based website that has been getting a lot of conversation in the media, so we thought we would touch on this.
Speaker 1: I actually kept calling it fans only, fans for fans only. That's what I thought. It was great. Britty's really well researched. Oh. I googled it to try and get information. I was googling fans. I couldn't remember it. I kept going fans only, and they're like, no, only fans. But before we get into that, let's do the usual roundup. What's been happening? Oh God? I think I start mine with oh God? Every week, every single week, you do, Oh God, Honestly, now you mention it, you really do.
Speaker 2: This week, though, Matt has decided to take it upon himself to do a little DIY project. This is the project that I have been trying to positively massage into him since COVID started, since the whole lockdown started. I was like, hey, babe, shame his mustache. Oh my god, that is set in. That is luscious, thick, and I don't think it's going anywhere fast. I was like, can you just maybe fix up our outdoor area, Like, let's get some pots, let's buy a cute outdoor setting, let's make it all delicious, and we can sit out there and we can enjoy it. So this week he's decided that he's actually.
Speaker 1: Going to do it.
Speaker 2: This week it started to rain. This week, winter set in. We don't need an outdoor setting anymore.
Speaker 1: But we're getting one. And then it's curious timing. I must admit to go all out on your outdoor area.
Speaker 2: Not only did we not have an outdoor area, it was like just you've seen it, brit It was just like a total jung dog.
Speaker 1: It was a jungle. I thought you were about to say it was a junkyard and I was gonna say, yes, yes it was. I was like I had to swing through vines to get into the house. It was an obstacle.
Speaker 2: Course anyway, So then Matt decided to take a whipper snipper to it yesterday, and now it kind of just looks like it's been trodden through by about seventeen cows. I must admit, when I came over tonight, I felt like it was very naked.
Speaker 1: I think he stripped it back a little bit too far. When you've cut the grass down to pure dirt and actually ripped it straight out of the ground, I think you may have got a little bit o tt but you wanted not. My favorite part of the backyard Rhino is tell me my favorite part is that it's probably been like ten days now since you got your outdoor setting, it's still sucking plastic all over it. Like the mom, the mom from the Nanny, You know how she has that plastic coated lounge so that she has sex on it and she just like wipe it off.
Speaker 2: I can guarantee ours has nothing to do with sex and has a lot to do with weather protection. You're welcome, may show you knock before you come around next week.
Speaker 1: I never knock anyway. No, it looks great.
Speaker 2: Let's let's give him a pad on the back. He needs positive reinforcement. I did today say, don't put a photo of it up on Instagram yet, because I don't actually think it looks any good.
Speaker 1: And he did it anyway, and a whole lot of people message to say it looked better before.
Speaker 2: Oh really they didn't. Yeah, I know the ego. He'll be okay, he'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, that's an exciting week. I have done nothing of the sort. I came here with a question. All right, somebody wrote in, well, not a question. I want to propose a small discussion.
Speaker 2: Are you going rogue on this podcast? Are you trying to do? Ask guncut right now?
Speaker 1: Look? Okay? Somebody wrote in a question, and it really just provoked this train of thought, and I wanted your opinion on it because I just didn't really know and it's something that has happened to me and it was a really funny situation. And I don't I don't know what the answer is. So I want to ask you what is the etiquette for just say you hooked up with someone the night before in a one night stand. It's early days, It's like within a week, it's very new. First second or third time you've seen that person, you've hooked up the night before, then you run into them on the street by chance. So what is the etiquette for You've obviously been with this person very very recently, and you've been intimate with them, You've had sex with them, you might have just hooked up with them, whatever. What you're saying, it's like you've had their dick inside. Do you say hello? But not? Okay, let me rephrase. You might not have actually had sex with them, but you were obviously like whether it was just a date and you were making out, whatever the level, Maybe you had sex, maybe you got to second base. The fact is you're with them physically the night before, the next day you run into them in public. What's the etiquette? How do you greet each other? How do you speak to each other? How?
Speaker 2: There are so many questions in this How did you leave the night before?
Speaker 1: Did you like do a ghost and run? Because if you did a ghost and.
Speaker 2: Run, then you just got to put your head down and wore real quick out of that situation. But if you, like, you know, got up the next morning, had a kiss and then kind of went your separate ways and then just totally by accident, ran into each other, it's normal.
Speaker 1: You're just like, hey, funny seeing you here. Yeah, so you don't go and kiss them and make out and stuff. No, that's very presumptuous.
Speaker 2: That's very I don't think you can take it from a one night stand onto a PDA. Would you kiss them on the lips? Absolutely not really No, that's like boyfriend level.
Speaker 1: It just got me thinking this actually happened to me in BONDI obviously it wasn't recently, guys, but I had been seeing this guy for only a week probably, Like I think I told you about it, Like I remember. It's just like, okay, do you like her? I said, I think I told you about it, But I'm like, we spoke about it all the time, but I think I remember you mentioning this seventeen hundred times. I think I remember now. My point is the first time I had spent the night there, it was very very early days. And then I just ran into him on the street the next day and I was like, oh hi, it was. I was with my sister. There were packed bond eye and I went just to like give him a kiss on the cheek and a cuddle because I thought, like, I mean like a hug, you know, like hey, like, how are you like, obviously I saw you last night and he just went straating for the kids on the lips in front of my sister, in front of everyone, like it was a very public event, and I Sherry was like, it's the best thing I've ever seen. You were so awkward because I was like whoa, Like, what's happening? And then I running to him three times on the promenade. He did it every time. It's a very ballsy move from a guy. I walked away and I was like, do I have an instant boyfriend? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, because I know the ending to this story. That's why I feel like I can jump in on this that I don't have an instant plain you didn't have an in and he certainly wasn't a pack and Meg's boyfriend, that's for sure. He And the reason why I have an issue with this is because for him to kiss you publicly really sets like a very I think it makes a real statement. It's like I want to date you, I want to be your boyfriend. I think it's like a very public display of ownership of that really relationship.
Speaker 1: And then the fact that just a couple of days later he was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually I'm not really into this, Like don't kiss me in public. Then if you're not into it, just say hi and go on with your day.
Speaker 1: Be normal. You don't have to publicly claim me in front of my friends. Yeah, which I felt that's exactly what it was, and so I thought I was interesting. I was like, is this a normal thing? Because I've never run into somebody. I had never had that situation. But guys, for the people that rode in, for the girl that wrote in, I don't think that it's normal. And for the people wondering what the etiquette is for that next day, I reckon you're better off to high five of them than to go in and like make out with them on the stream in front of everyone. Like your farm. Found that to be an interesting question that I wasn't the only one that was perplexed by this. Other people, other listeners have been in this situation. Do you know what I was thinking?
Speaker 2: This is totally off topic, but this is just like kind of wear my head's out of the moment, which is scatty constantly. So I know that we've been talking so much about like being in isolation and how much we kind of want things to go back to normal and so that we can have stuff to do and actually have more stimulation and you know what, guys will be bringing you some really wild content when we can leave the house. But now that it's coming closer to that really being a possibility, and the fact that like this weekend, everyone was out, everyone was doing stuff and like you could go to restaurants and there's it's lifted, like we're out of it now, there's a little part of me that's like, oh, I'm not ready yet.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not ready. I'm not ready. Oh no, I don't want it to ever end. I don't want to have to go to work and not be able to just fart whenever I want to, Like I'm not ready. I love that that is what you're basing your whole isolation experience on.
Speaker 2: Well, I went to work today and I was like, I need to be really conscious of my bodily functions.
Speaker 1: I've not had to do that in a long time. I'm just not ready for ISO to finish, just because I know how crazy my life will be. I know it's going to go back to what it was tenfold, and that was with me hanging on by a thread. But I am excited for people to go back to normal. In terms of businesses, I've seen some businesses around Bondi Clothes and it's really really sad. So I do hope the economy can start to get back on track and a lot of the small businesses that everybody knows someone in small business, so I'm really really hoping that they can be on the ment. But don't you think that there's also been some businesses that have completely and I know this is such a buzzword at the moment, but they've completely pivoted and they have reinvented themselves and reinvented their offering. And I think that with in.
Speaker 2: Times of crisis, it really sometimes highlights true entrepreneurship and really highlights people who have tenacity and business savviness also not.
Speaker 1: A word, but I'm going to go with it.
Speaker 2: I think it is, well, there you go business savviness and are able to be like adaptable and kind of reinvent themselves and become chameleons in crisis. I think it's been a really interesting time to watch what some businesses have done. I mean going back to like, you know, this feeling of like not wanting this whole isolation to be over yet, Like I know that it's a really unfair thing to say, and of course they do want the world to go back to normal as quickly as possible. But I just remember having this anxiety when it all started and being like, oh, I don't know how we're going to adapt to staying at home all the time. And now that it's lifting, I'm like, it's like a reverse anxiety. Yeah, I feel the anxiety that like I don't want things to go back to normal yet, Like I'm just not ready for this shift.
Speaker 1: Because we as humans, we adapt to our situation, and I think people don't realize how quickly you get comfortable with the situation and something becomes your new normal. I guess it's like becoming a mum. The first little while, I was like this is crazy, I can't do it. Then all of a sudden, you don't remember what you did before that, and you're still like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm doing constantly, And I woke up this morning and I was like, I am never not going to be tired again.
Speaker 1: That's what beer Farm is.
Speaker 2: No Ever, I'm going to be tired for the rest of from the day Molly was born and to the day I.
Speaker 1: Die, this is my life. Now. Did you just only realize that now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I woke up with a sore back and I was like, I'm never going to wake up from asleep and feel refreshed ever again.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy that we have become accustomed to this new way of life. And I hope if there's one thing we all take for this, it's to start washing your hands more and just be I think I can't believe how many people is so unhygienic. So hopefully this is like a learned trait now and subconsciously people are thinking about their hygiene words. I don't think it crossed a lot of people's minds before.
Speaker 2: I am only laughing because from all the deep things that you could possibly say, I just didn't think it was going to be like and wash your hands.
Speaker 1: It's true. Do you know that I've read?
Speaker 2: I can't remember where, so I'm just gonna throw some starts at totally unsubstantiated. But men are far more inclined to not wash their hands than women because they go to the toilet hold their penis. Do we bust on out of there? Do you know the dirtiest part of a bathroom is a man's penis.
Speaker 1: Is the man's genital No, the dirty is part of a bathroom is actually the door handle. Yeah, that's gross, isn't it. People like touch toilet see. I mean obviously it's all gross, but the door handle. Because everyone's touched everything in white butt, I don't think about it, but then they put their hand on the door.
Speaker 2: So when I was doing some research for today's episode, I came across a quote that was on Twitter. Also can't substantiate where this quote came from because I put it in my notes because I was like, Dan, that is good, but also didn't write down who I got it from. So I'm just gonna plagiarize someone right now. Know that this came from Twitter, It's not from me. But this is a quote has nothing to do with today's episode, but I was like, I love this, and in one you're reliving your breakup days all over again.
Speaker 1: In like three.
Speaker 2: Sentences, this person has just totally summarized everything that I think we try and communicate on this podcast, and that is if you constantly have problems with your boyfriend or your girlfriend. I hope you know that that shit is not normal. I feel like people always try to romanticize toxicity and can confuse it for passion. It's not and that's a miserable way for someone to love you.
Speaker 1: Wow, mic Drop.
Speaker 2: That just resonated with every single bone in my body, and I was like, if you are in a toxic relationship, or you're in a relationship where you're constantly doing the up down, up down, updown dance and not the sexy updown dance, just the miser.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people confuse when you and I often say on this podcast that relationships shouldn't be hard and you shouldn't have to work that hard for them, and they shouldn't be that toxic. Don't get us wrong. Relationships can be hard work, and you do have to fight for them, and you do have to reassess them every few years. We're not saying that it should be walking the park for the rest of your life. What we're saying is at a grander level, it's saying that if you every single day, every second day, are in tears and crying and you're anxious and there's abuse, and whether that's emotional, mentally, physically, that's when we're saying it shouldn't be that hard, not that you need to sit down and have a chat three times a year and really fight for your relationship. We're not saying that because I think a lot of people are confusing what we mean when we say you have to work for it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean every relationship has their ups and downs, but you shouldn't have to get up every single day of that relationship and feel like it's hard work. That's not a joy, That's not what relationships are about. And so from the beginning, yeah, fuck no. And so when I read this, I was like, this just so perfectly encapsulates a couple of the episodes that we've talked about where we've talked about toxic relationships, and I just really really loved it. So I wanted to put it here into this episode. I'm going to put it on the Instagram, so you guys on your instagrams. I'm going to post it on the Instagram. So if you ever at a point in your life where you're like, you know, this guy makes me cry all the time, read this and know that this is not what you should be putting up with, and you are worth so much more than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot thanks for bringing that. You're still Kim, You're welcome. All right, Power to the people, all right, Celesti Barber her actually updown on Celes Barber. That case will be decided this week on where her money is finally going to go. The fifty one million is in court and it will be decided over the next few days.
Speaker 2: That is actually a little bit miserable that it's taken so long. Disgraceful that much money that was meant to be a relief in the bushfires has been tied up for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes me angry. It makes me angry that they're literally saying things like we're just like, this is what it is. We're just trying to decide whether one little newstalth Wales company can get all the money or whether we could possibly find a way to give it to families of our heroes that lost their lives fighting animal shelters, that are trying to rehabilitate our wildlife workers, people that have sacrificed everything, people that need help rehabilitating their homes, their lands, their cattle, things like that. Oh, I can't even talk about it. My infuriates.
Speaker 2: I understand that there are policies and legislations on go fundme pages that you know, keep people responsible and accountable for where and how they spend the money that we're donating to. So that is really important. But I think the part of this that's quite worrisome is that Celeste Barber was so vocal on social media the whole time that don't worry, keep donating, I'm going to make sure this money goes to these different charities, and ursions were always there. Yeah, her intentions were so good, but she was encouraging people to continue to donate. Had people known that that money was only going to then be disseminated to one charity, people would have stopped donating. So absolutely, so I think that, well, legislation can be broken. Yeah, I think that even though the legislation is there, the fact that she used her social media very publicly to x amount of million followers that she has and verbalize that that legislation would be broken. I think that then that outweighs in this. In this case. Absolutely, I think would be insane for them to give that money to one charity.
Speaker 1: It will be complete uproar if the judge comes back and says no, that it can't be dispersed. We'll we'll update next week on that once we have the result. So yt you go newsweek with Brutal Guys. It is time for my personal favorite segment, and that is accidentally unfiltered. I feel like this is everyone's favorite segment surely, just your most embarrassing stories you write in those moments where you want to bury yourself, and we read them out and we laugh at you and with you, but mostly at you, with you, with with you, at you, and with everybody else who's listening to this. Okay, I actually love this one because I work in operating theater and I know exactly how this would have gone down, and I can picture the whole thing. Back before the Iota's, I went out with some friends to a few bars and we partied into the night. I met a boy and we had a really fun one night stand. I thought things were great, he got my number, but in the sober light of day, I knew that I absolutely never wanted to see this guy again, and well I just go st nim. Sorry. I was uneducated at the time. Ladies, thank you, yes learned your lessons from this podcast. So fast forward a few weeks later and I was at work as an endoscopy nurse. Now we joke that we are the butthole inspectors, which they literally are. They're the people that put the scope up your butt as we were doing As we were doing the list in theater, the next patient was wheeled into the room, and as I finished setting up the scope, I turn around to see it was the boy on the bed about to be scoped and have this thing put up his butt. He turns around, makes eye come back in front of all the doctor's, nurses and wardsmen and says, well, I'm seeing your buttole, you may as well see mine, and then he promptly rolls over and puts his bite in my face. To everyone's credit, they just let go of it. No one said anything then when as soon as the patient was sedated, questions were flying, Oh my god you I got a few high fives for getting some What a real stab to the guy's masculinity. He got ghosted and then she has to do something in his buttle in front of a room and full of people. I actually really sorry for this guy. Good on him for making a joke about it, like he got a good jab in there. I would have pretended like I didn't know the person. I love that he just dropped it, said it, rolled over and stuck his bite in the face, like I don't know who was better off in this situation.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, I think I need a little bit more drugs please to deal with this.
Speaker 1: It would be absolutely the worst. But and then imagine being that girl. So when you're in a theater like this, the room's full, you have literally have so many doctors. Every everyone now has just heard him say that throw it to her and she has to go and answer to that. And also they've all seen him naked, but also totally out of context too. I've seen your butthole. Now you have to see him Wait what, I don't know who give me the green dream and put me to sleep? Anyway, I absolutely love that. So if you guys have any more stories like that, keep them coming. Shall we jump into the topic.
Speaker 2: Yes we shall, so, guys, for this episode, we wanted to do something a little bit different and we're gonna be talking about only fans, which if you haven't heard of it, it is this platform that has been gaining loads of media attention recently and it has really come into the spotlight. I think since the coronavirus pandemic has hit and since we've all been in isolation, and there's a whole lot more horny people online needing to get some content. So Only Fans started in twenty sixteen, and it's not an app that you can download on your phone. What it is is a subscription based website where anyone can create an account. But it does seem to be a lot of influencers who are getting on there and they're curating specific type of content that they don't put on their Instagram for people who want to pay a price. That subscription fee is a monthly fee, so it can start anywhere from six dollars and it's unlimited, so the content creator is the one who puts the cap on the fee, and then once you subscribe to someone's feed, you can also then tip them for more explicit or more personalized content. Predominantly the subscribers who are using Only Fans and men. It's got a really strong male slant in the way of subscribers. And basically what Only Fans is is a supportal that offers greater access to an influencer or to somebody who you may admires. Life now Only Fans has become pretty controversial recently, and that is because the type of content that people are posting on there is predominantly sexually explicit content, and it is allowing people to make money of selling their nudes.
Speaker 1: I personally didn't know much about OnlyFans before you actually it up you're like, hey, let's talk about this. I've seen a lot of the news lately. I had seen it going around, I'd seen it on Instagram, seen it on the news, a few daily mail articles, but I didn't really know what it was. And I have thoroughly enjoyed doing the research on this because it has been really eye opening. And whether it's going to be a way of the future, I don't know. I don't know how I feel about it, but that's why I think it's so great to break it down. So, like Laura said, you can subscribe to this site as a viewer, or you can be a content creator and you can put anything on there. You can put what you'd put on Instagram, a cooking video, a workout video, any single creation you want. The next step up, which might be some more provocative photos, bikinis, sexy photos, you can go all their shat well, there's a quote that they say tips for titties, So yeah, for titties, titty shots. But it goes, it literally goes all the way up to soft porn to hard porn, complete sex, sexual activities, sexual activities. I'm trying to be diplomatic sometimes I put photos of my sexual activities on there. You can tell how diplomatic I'm trying to me. You can see how uncomfortable Brittany is by pawn. No, it's not porn, it's I'm trying not to be crude. Yeah sure, Okay, well that'll be new for those podcasts.
Speaker 2: But also, like Labridge just said it, there is such a weird and varied spectrum of content that is on only fans. And for example, okay, we've talked about wiki feet before on this podcast plenty of times.
Speaker 1: It's this, it's a west stroudest moment. It's not, it's not my proudest moment.
Speaker 2: But it is a website where somebody has aggregated photos of different Dalist celebrities feet and somehow my feet have ended up on this website called wiki feet. So there is content out there of my feet that some guy is jacking off over. Like what other reason is that they're on the Internet. So the idea of only Fans is that, you know what, I could create a profile of photos of just my feet if I want to, and I could actually get paid for that content because it's out there on the Internet anyway. Somebody is having a great old time for it. So why shouldn't the women who are the creators of this content or the men, sorry I shouldn't just say women, but why shouldn't they create the creators of this content get paid for that content? And that's the sentiment behind only Fans. It does have its positives, which we're going to discuss. But then I also do want to touch on the fact that this is a bit of a cautionary tale as well, because something that seems too good to be true, which to be honest, OnlyFans. Does you keep on hearing about all of these women and men who have made so much money so quickly, like fifty thousand dollars a month, twenty thousand dollars a month, millions of dollars on this platform. The dollars are actually ludicrous, like we're high numbers, it's insane. But I think that there's a very small portion of people who are making this amount of money, and it becomes very, very appealing, and so I do want to touch on the negative side of what Only Fans could be as well.
Speaker 1: One girl in particular that I'm going to talk about. Her name is Jim Wolfe, and she's actually from Australia. She's from Western Australia. She's twenty, and she has made millions of dollars on OnlyFans. She is actually the number one content creator and the highest paid person in the world on OnlyFans, and she has actually not even posted one nude photo. Now, the reason I find her so fascinating is because she was an athlete. She used to play professional basketball, and she just had an Instagram following that built quite rapidly from fitness photos and she was a chef, so she'd put her food photos up. She had developed two point seven million Instagram followers just following her content that was a bit sexy. She's got big boobs, she's curvy, she's beautiful. But she got to the point where she's like, Okay, I have two point five million followers on my Instagram that I'm putting this content out for free. Why don't I capitalize on it. So she started an only Fans account and became the number one highest paid person. What I think we really need to be careful of with this is young young women and men seeing this saying, Okay, I want to go and become the highest paid person. But what they don't realize is is that you don't just go on too only fans, post some nude photos and get that money and get that popularity. She transferred two point five million Instagram followers to OnlyFans, so she started with a platform. And I think it's a really slippery slope for young women to see women making fifty thousand dollars a month, sometimes a day, some depending on the photo she's putting out and saying I can do that. I'm going to go and start putting nudehotos on. It just actually doesn't work like that. Their Instagram followers, their Twitter followers, it all correlates and transfers over to OnlyFans. So I want to talk about that more too.
Speaker 2: So the thing with only Fans is that anybody can make an account very similar to Instagram. I guess the difference from Instagram is that Instagram has such strict nudity and pornography guidelines and there are huge restrictions on what you can and can't post on Instagram. Also, the thing with Instagram is that content is free, and the currency that people deal with on Instagram is likes or comments. The difference with Only Fans is that there is no restrictions on the type of content that people post, which is why people tend to post more sexually explicit content, and the currency that people deal with on Only Fans is money. Now a lot of reality TV stars have actually adopted the platform, some who you guys would know of like Vanessa Sierra, who was from Love Island. She and her boyfriend have an account together. Her boyfriend's name is Luke Irwin, and they post quite sexually explicit photos of the two of them together doing a whole bunch of different stuff. Some of it ranges from pretty mile like bikini photos that you'd probably already see on Instagram all the way up to things that make the subscription worthwhile for people who want to have a more sexual insight into their lives. One of the things they think that is really appealing about OnlyFans and what has kind of changed from the normal porn industry where you'd tap in and watch porn and then bat off and go to bed. Is that being a part of Only Fans gives you this real insight to someone's life. It gives you this connection, and it gives you this companionship that I don't think Paun gives to someone. So I think that that's why there's been this push towards Only Fans and Wyatt's had such a huge uptake because you almost get like this boyfriend or girlfriend experience from it, so you really have access to these people who you feel like you already know.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest creators from Only Fans in Sweden, she's actually married, but she I found her really fascinating. I looked at her a lot today and I read a lot of her articles, and she first and foremost said, whoever things you can go on to only Fans and be successful by posting a nude photo here and there is kidding themselves. She said. For her, it's a seven day a week, full time job, because the whole idea behind it is people wanting to connect, like you just said, so she goes to the effort of knowing everything about her fans. She has this relationship with him, she knows their dogs' names, she knows their jobs, she knows their stress levels, she knows when they're having an operation, so she can contact them and say how are you going, follows up on them. So she creates a level of intimacy with these people where they feel like they actually have someone and they almost feel like they're in a relationship, which I think is beneficial for a lot of people. There are a lot of people that are lonely out there that want that connection. But there's a fine line too. I think we need to be aware that there are also a lot of people on there that I don't I mean, I'm going to say it. There are creeps on there, there are predators. Essentially, it is a porn site as well. So I just want a lot of young women to keep that in mind. Also, so she will do things anywhere from waking up in the morning and posting a photo in lingerie the same morning. Guys, she'll do something like that which she would have done anyway, and she was doing anyway on Instagram. So she was doing that for free, and like everyone does that now, it's not you see something you don't even batch an eyelid when you see a bikini photo or a lingerie photo on Instagram anymore, not at all.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, posting a photo in a bra or posting a photo on a bikini like that is so commonplace on Instagram and people are doing that for free every day.
Speaker 1: So she started to do that, And I guess the interesting thing about her is she has her husband take a lot of the photos, and her husband takes a lot of the content and the videos, and he's there and he's very supportive of it. He's very supportive of it because he almost feels a sense of pride, like everyone sees what I've got. Everyone, you know, everyone wants her, but I have her. And they have an open relationship. There's a lot of trust. They have access to each other's computers. He can see every conversation that she's writing. So there's this, I guess, a positive aspect for them in a relationship because she is in control of who she speaks to, She's in control of what she puts out, she's in control of how much she charges for that. Everything that she wants to do she is in control of. And I think that is that is revolutionizing the sex industry.
Speaker 2: What I find really interesting is how polarizing OnlyFans is, and there are two arguments, two different camps at the moment. One camp is that it is very empowering for women and that it allows content creators to take full control over their bodies, over the way that they portray themselves, over their revenue stream, over their boundaries, and over the type of sex work that they do and their ability to make money off their bodies. But there's also been a lot of backlash to only Fans and that is people who have an issue with monetizing nudes. Basically, you know, people are saying that it's making sex work more accessible, that it is romanticizing pornography, and that it is desensitizing young, younger generations to this sort of industry, which I mean, realistically, should we have an issue with people using their bodies to make money.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is the oldest occupation in the world.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we do live in a world where people are still stigmatized by it. But I think that that stigma partly comes from misogyny, but it also comes from this fear that people are doing something against their will because it doesn't align with somebody else's moral boundaries. But like you've just said about this other woman who's you know, doing it in relation with her partner and they have a really open relationship. It's different strokes with different folks. And one of the things I think people have such an issue with with only fans is the fact that because you can't see the content that's being posted until you subscribe to someone's channel, people assume that it's worst case scenario. The content creator has put a price point on that content. If they were to post that content on Instagram, no one would bat an eyelid because it's free. The moment that that content creator is saying no, this is a value and you have to pay for it, that's when everyone seems to have an issue with it. I find it interesting because I can see the positives and negatives in it. I think, like you just said, for sex workers, now, it's making a safer environment. It's going to allow a lot of sex workers to not actually have to go and have sex. They don't have to physically go and sell their body and put themselves in compromising situations anymore, because they can do it from the safety of their own home, with whom they choose when they choose to, and they'll probably be making a lot more money this way than they were, So I think that's a really great thing to put some women that maybe are in this industry, not even by choice.
Speaker 1: Some people. I think a lot of people probably getting too the sex industry because they have to. They might have a family or children or for whatever reason. There's also a lot of people that choose to because it's liberating and it's their body, and they choose to, but it's giving them a safer space for sure, and I think that's amazing. But then on the other hand, there is this aspect where maybe a lot of younger people, a lot of women would put themselves into positions that they probably never would have if the site wasn't available. So there'll be people that never would have crossed their minds to sell nudes, but now all of a sudden it's in their face, people are earning money. They're like, maybe I'll just do it. Maybe I'll do it for a month, maybe I'll do it for six months. And then I think that can become a slippery slope. Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: And I think that the reason why people have such an issue with only fans is because of the scope and the variety of content that's on there. There are people who are doing hardcore porn, and then there are people who are posting like private exercise videos. It's such a crazy spectrum of content. It's just lent itself more to the posting of news. That's kind of what it's become known for, and so obviously that's what we're diving into because that is what everyone has such an issue, or that's what's causing so much controversy. I think the platform can be really empowering for grown women who have agency and who have choice, and who understand the decisions that they're making in their life because they have a bit of age behind them and experience behind them. Absolutely, it is empowering, it is liberating, and it allows the content creator to completely dictate their own boundaries. The one issue I have with it is that maybe it does slightly romanticize this quick and easy way of making money for young people. And like, when you're eighteen nineteen and I know that there's going to be a lot of young girls who listen to this podcast, But I remember back when I was eighteen nineteen, and I did things then that I look back on now and I go, oh my god, I wish I never did that. The good thing about the mistakes I made is that I didn't make them on the Internet. I didn't make them in a platform that's going to follow me around. No one has to ever know about them. If you are thinking about starting an OnlyFans account, if you're thinking about making money from selling nudes, because it does seem like a quick and easy way of making money, I think you just really need to be conscious about what you're putting on the Internet and how it may affect you later on in life. And as much as Only Fans as a site says that it's got all the security measures in place and that you are protected, when you put anything out there on the Internet, you are very much relying on the other people who are subscribing to that platform to play by the rules, and there are predators out there. There are people who do not play by the rules, So be very mindful of what you're sharing of yourself from a safety and security perspective, Because there have been loads of cases of women who have been stalked off the back of their Only Fans accounts, women who have being trolled online, women who have had their photos uploaded to prostitution websites, you really need to be mindful of that side of the argument as well. For young people, you need to be very very conscious of the digital footprint that you're putting out into the world. And it's one thing for us to sit here and say only fans is really liberating. It allows you to take control of your body. It takes allows you to take control of your content. It would be irresponsible for us to only say that side of the narrative and not say that, actually, you really need to take responsibility for the content you put on the Internet, because that is going to be there when you're thirty five, when you're forty. You don't know how that's going to impact you further on in life. And as much as I think like we should live in a society where you're not defined by the work that you do and you're not defined by the nudes that you've put out into the world, we're not there yet. And so you don't want to be a martyr for the cause.
Speaker 1: Interesting that you say that, because there are people like Reese Powers, so you know, just Powers from Marriat first sight, I'm sexy brother. Greece is the sexy brother. He actually became probably more famous than her, which is funny. He's making fifty thousand dollars a month. Yes, And this is the thing. Not only is he making fifty thousand dollars a month, so he is one of the top, he's in the top content creators in the world as well. Apparently this is what the websites are saying, is what he's saying. I mean I would subscribe to him, would you? Oh no, you can have him. I'll take him.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, he's so cheap thrills or not so cheap. I don't know how much he is to subscribe to. Let's find that out.
Speaker 1: He's not cheap because he's making fifty thousand dollars a mom. I actually really gob smacked that you are into him.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't like the version of his personality that's been put out there in the world. I don't know who he is as a person, but I've read some pretty negative things and obviously.
Speaker 1: He's not my type of guy.
Speaker 2: So you know, but if you were just to like snapshot the way he looks, I think he looks attractive.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think he's nasty. But that's going to smack me for this. Interestingly, his ex is Vanessa Sierra, the other girl that we just said is on is the content creator with her boyfriend making they're both on there. They dated, That's how they got on there. That's that's the link. They used to date each other, then they split up, and then they both went and made bank.
Speaker 2: Why is it that all the influencers all know each other, Like, how is it that they all kind of cross pollinate at different points in the world.
Speaker 1: What I don't know if I'm on board with is is one thing for him to put it on his stories saying I'm in the top content creators. I'm making this much money. He put a screenshot of fifty thousand dollars and he made that month. I mean, that's fine. He put a swipe up, like, you know, join my account, Yeah, subscribe, that's all fine. I'm all for that. Everyone can do what they want. But then he was like, you could do this too, and it was this encouraging his younger audience, and I thought, oh, I don't know how I feel about that, Like, your influencer, put what you're on. You can be loud and proud, that's fine, but to be straight up encouraging your younger audience to swipe up and you can make this money too. I didn't sit well with me.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think that that's kind of irresponsible because what that sort of says to everyone who is following him is that, oh, it's so easy for you to make this sort of money as well, which it's not unless you already have an Instagram following that allows you to leverage your only Fans account. You're starting at point blank the same as it's really hard to a massive, huge Instagram following, it's going to be hard to a massive, huge Only Fans following. And I think in order to mass a huge only Fans following, if you're not somebody who already has a level of influence, you're going to have to create more shocking, more controversial content, more appetizing content for the people who have subscribed to you. And I guess you know, you do have to play into people's fantasies in order to continue to.
Speaker 1: Get their subscriptions.
Speaker 2: There have been a lot of people that have come out and been really vocal and very positive and supportive of only Fans from a very feminist standpoint, and I agree with some parts of the argument so wholeheartedly. Like Clementine Ford has come out and said that it empowers women to be able to make money from content that men would otherwise be getting for free. And I totally agree with that. I think that there are very strong, very business savvy, very intelligent women who are using this as a vehicle to be able to create a revenue stream for themselves and forge aly for themselves that.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't be able to do if they were doing a normal nine to five job.
Speaker 2: There was this one really interesting little excerpt that I read from one of the articles, and I'm going to just read it out to you guys, and it says women are still regularly encouraged to commodify their bodies in some way as a means to progress and garner success across all industries. When they become commodities in the literal sense, though in a way that only benefits them financially, that's when people start revealing their true attitudes towards sex work. Basically, what they're saying here is like, we still commodify women's bodies in so many different aspects, like in advertising, in fashion, women's bodies are still what we're using to sell products basically, But as soon as somebody takes that into their own hands and use their body to financially benefit themselves. That's when we seem to have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny, isn't it, Because you could open up Instagram right now, be a girl on there in a very sexy photo bikini or lingerie, and you won't think twice about it. But if that same photo came up and she said pay twenty dollars and I'll take it off, would be sle like slut or cheap, nasty the words that would be coming at her. But it's the same photo, isn't it. It's the same thing. It's just that she's put a price on it. Now, She's just saying I'm actually worth something, and we immediately are mindset changes.
Speaker 2: I guess the real question here is that the owners shouldn't be on the people who are creating the content. The owner should be on the people who are subscribing to that content. I mean, it's a real case of supply and demand. If there wasn't a demand for it, then only fans wouldn't exist in the first place. So I guess it does frustrate me that all of the hate and the venom that gets thrown towards the site is only thrown towards the people who are creating the content.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm all for people doing what they want with their bodies. They're in control and with their whole life. People do what they want with their life. I'll support that. Is it for me absolutely not. Would I want my partner to do it, No. Would I want my child to do it No, But that's because I would worry about the repercussions later in life. The fact that it is once it's on there, and we still live in a world that's going to judge you. We still live in a world that will not employ you. It has happened to some of the Love Island people after they posted sexy photos. They couldn't get a job. Their employers were like, we can't hire you now because you're associated with our brand and we don't want that sort of stuff. And unfortunately that is the world we still live in. I know people employers that will they'll go through your CV and then part of that is to go on.
Speaker 2: Look at your social media and like, we're not saying that that's the right mentality. We're not saying that that's what should be. People shouldn't be defined by what they've put out on the Internet by any means. But we're not there yet as a society, and there is still a stigma that follows people around for the type of content that they put on the Internet. I guess what we really wanted to talk about in this episode was we really wanted to obviously touch on the ways that it can be empowering and it can be liberating for women who have acy and who have choice, But we also really wanted to touch on the dark side, and we also wanted to touch on the cautionary side of protecting yourself, of protecting your digital security, and of protecting your digital footprint that you put out into the world.
Speaker 1: You are essentially very very vulnerable on the Internet. Whoever you are, on any site, anyone can hack your information, and that has been happening. So I just want people to be really hyper aware of the danger aspect. Look, it's an interesting chat, It's an interesting thought, and I will be interested to see where it goes over the next few years. Would you make an only fans account, Brittany? Look, do you know what I do like money? I'm gonna say no, Like I know that I wouldn't, but when I was reading how much some of these people are making I'm not even posting news. I was tempted. I was like, I could what if I did it for two and this is the slippery slope. This is what you said to me. What if we just do it for two weeks and see how much money we can? Yeah, like, it's just like a trial. But the thing is then, as we said earlier in the podcast, it still has this stigma and that is attached to you. Then it's attached forever and something you do need to really weigh up. Whilst I would love one hundred thousand dollars over the next two months, I would make the choice not to do the only fans account.
Speaker 2: What about you, mate? Have you seen these feet? I'm gonna start making myself some money.
Speaker 1: I just don't think anyone would pay to see me, Like I'd have to do a subscription for like a dollar fifty. You're just free. That's Instagram based. Yeah, that's Instagram all right. Guys.
Speaker 2: You know that we never finish an episode with our suck and our suite, which is our highlights and our low lives of the week, and you know what, every week just feels the bloody say right.
Speaker 1: Now, it really does. I really have to struggle to think of my highlights at the moment, and that's really sad. But that is sad, like I'm not finding any more money lately. Okay, So what's your side, sweet? You start first? What you suck? Okay, my suck for.
Speaker 2: The week, which is actually just ridiculous because I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. I lost my wallet again. There's a second time this year, like your.
Speaker 1: Whole wallet again, my whole wallet, like the time Miley threw it out of the prem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this time it's just it's actually just vanished, like I don't know, it makes no sense whatsoever. It's not in my house like I've cleaned, I've looked. It went missing last Thursday, so it's been missing for five days.
Speaker 1: Now. Where were you last Thursday?
Speaker 2: I put it in my handbag. I went into the city for a meeting. I got into the city and I opened my handbag to go buy myself a coffee and.
Speaker 1: It wasn't there. Did you drive into the city. I drove it.
Speaker 2: I've checked my car, I've checked everywhere. It just freaking vanished. Have your card's been used.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know if it's safe.
Speaker 2: Maybe just some person who's not an asshole found it and isn't using my cards. But it's like the wallet that Matt brought me for my birthday, which was in March, to make up for the fact that I lost my wallet. I've had it for two months and it's gone gone.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never met somebody that loses there well as often as you do. I think there's something wrong with me. I actually think I have definitely no there is, Like I don't think that there's definitely something wrong with This is the sort of moral support I need in my life. Who needs friends, guys, I'm just saying the truth. The worst part is it's just the reordering of all the bank There's the canceling of everything, and then getting in your cards and then all your direg debts have to be chanced. It's just such a pain. Do you know what the good thing is?
Speaker 2: Though I'm so disorganized, I still hadn't gotten around to getting myself a license or a Medicare card, so I haven't I don't.
Speaker 1: Have to do it twice, I just have to do it once. Okay, I'm just gonna put something out there that's going to change your life. I've been trying to keep you to do this for a long time, but you need to link your bank account to your phone. It too hard. You also can have your license. My license is on my phone. It makes a lot of sense. That's my tip for the WHEK.
Speaker 2: My sweet is, My sweet is Marlie. Marley has been so adorably cuddly. She just laughs about everything. It's actually disgusting how in love with her I am. She is ridicul She's I'm almost equally as in lum. I didn't think a kid could be that great.
Speaker 1: When I walked in today, Matt was holding Marley and she looked at me and she literally immediately put her arms out to come to me for a cuddle. And my heart has never felt so warm. But He's like someone just needs to hold I was like looking around, I was like, who me? Me? She loves you, loves me, and I loves you because she just hasn't seen anyone else. Yeah, look, isolation has been tough times. She's like, I'll take anyone that walks into my house and say what my mom and dad.
Speaker 2: Eleven months is my favorite favorite age. So she's cutting her tooth and she got her first two. Yeah, I mean it's would we call it that yet?
Speaker 1: It's a slither. It's like, don't you take this away from her? I have to really look, but it's there. It's her greatest achievement. She's just pushed out half a tooth and you're here questioning what that is. I'm here for it. But it's the cutestal thing you can see, like the dot of why and you're like, look, go ahead too. Yeah. So that's probably really boring for everyone.
Speaker 2: I know, no one really likes baby chat, but I am obsessed with my child. That's my sweet all right, brit what's your suck?
Speaker 1: Well, you guys, remember last week on the podcast, I was telling you about how I went to Port Macquarie and with my family for Mother's Day and my beautiful big ridgeback lily. She was stealing pancakes. We had a great time, and then just a few days later, she literally just couldn't breathe properly and she couldn't lay down really out of nowhere, and my parents I wasn't there anymore. My parents called whilst I was at work, and they just don't ever call when I'm at work and I entered the phone and they were all crying. Lily was there, and they said, you've got ten minutes to say goodbye. She just went into heart failure, just out of nowhere, and she couldn't breathe. And Dad was just like, it's she's so uncomfortable that he didn't even want to wait. He's like, it's happening now. I was boring because it was like your pet's like your family, like you know, everyone knows, and it was just felt weird that I was talking about her last week with the pancakes and at least she got one last good meal. But and you know, the suckiest thing about it, like obviously she's gone that sucky but because of COVID. Like my Lily has been my dad's best friend for nine years. They're so close. He wasn't even allowed in to put her to be with her when she went to sleep. Oh I know, so all he wanted to do was be with her and like, have him been the last thing she sees, and he wasn't. He had to drop her at the front door and she walked in alone and it was just like I was, I couldn't I couldn't deal. I was a mess.
Speaker 2: I just like, I can't even imagine if something happened to bust Us. So like, I my heart breaks for you, Howey. I'm so sorry that that happened, and I'm so sorry that you had to be here and couldn't I know, I mean out of the family, like it's that's your It's like it's like having a sibling, It's like having a baby, another baby.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, everyone's I don't think anyone escapes the loss of a pet. Everyone at some stage feels that loss. So anyway, that was one big suck for me. But my sweet something on the arp. You guys know that I like to act because you know, I'm a bit of a character. Rebel Wilson, what has happened? I love Rebel Wilson. I think she's the aans pants. I think she's hilarious. I love her because she's an educated woman, she's a lawyer. She started acting later in life. Like, I just think she's brilliant. I woke up. This is actually like two weeks ago. Now, I woke up. And but you're allowing yourself to revel in it now, Well I am because it's like it's equally mine together. Good one. Okay. I was like, please don't run away from this one. Hello, anybody someone paid me this? No, it's like equal suck and sweet. I just woke up and looked at my phone and it was like, Rebel Wilson started following you on Instagram. And I was like, oh, must be a an account, like a Rebel Wilson fan account. And I went on and I was like, oh my god, it's it's Rebel Wilson. Rebel Wilson's following me on Instagram. And I was like, I was so perplexed because I have no connection to Rebel Wilson, never met I don't know any that knows her, haven't tagged her any, I don't know. I just couldn't understand it. I was really bewildered, but I was it's the highlight of my life, and now you're gonna hit her up so that she'll come on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I would love her on the podcast if you're listening, which you definitely not, but if you are, we would love you on our podcast.
Speaker 1: A screenshot and center Sharon, and I was like, w TAF, what the actual fuck? I don't understand I thought, okay, she's obviously accidentally followed me. She's she, because why else would you follow me? Like, let's be real, a smoking babe, Why okay, can you hypothesize with me? Why would Rebel Wilson follow me? Let's just actually hypothesize this. Don't know her, got nothing to do with and no connection. I'm not acting in anything. I'm not she follows like one hundred and fifty people. She's got eight million followers, one hundred and fifty people in the whole world. Why would you choose me?
Speaker 2: You know, when you're scrolling through and then you accidentally hit follow, and then one day you're like, who the hell is this person? Sarah Bladatti and you're like, oh, I don't know her, and then you unfollow it.
Speaker 1: That's what she did to you, Like, who the fuck is this Brittany Olky, guys, this is girl. I'm on this high right screenshot up. Send it to my dad, send it to I think I've shown you. I was like, what is going on? I know that this is not gonna last, so I'm really gonna rebel in it. Why don't you like have you messaged that? Because then listen, deep down, I knew that it must have been a mistake, and I knew that one day, very soon it would change. She'd be like, actually, why am I following this girl? Or who is this girl? Because she might have scrolled and accidentally done it. And I think I got two weeks out of being Rebel's best friend and she unfollowed me. Wow, that was like a real rollercoaster of emotions. Imagine my emotion I have.
Speaker 2: I have whiplash right now. That started off as your suite and really ended in your suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know when, I'm still happy that I got two weeks of Rebel, Like, I'm so happy that she found something in me for two weeks and I knew it was not gonna last. Well, I mean, I know I did sort of picture us as best friends for a while there, but I've had to let that one go. Well, I reckon, that's a rap. Anyway, A bit of a tumultuous episode, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: We had some highs and some lows, the mens and some mounts. Yeah, but we got there bets and some downs, you might say. You some may say that I any though I actually learned something. I found it really interesting researching the whole Only Fans. I didn't know a lot about it, and I hope you guys took something from it. I hope you found some interest in it.
Speaker 1: If you really really want, go and have a Google because there are some funny stories on there too, of people like there was this one girl that we didn't actually say, she got requested to send her own PCs in a tuppway container to a guy. That's the sort of stories that are out there. So if you want a little chuckle, go and have a look.
Speaker 2: There are some weird, wild and wonderful people in the world, and I really think something like Only Fans brings them out. We'll be back in a couple of days, guys with Ask Guncuts, so make sure you keep those questions coming in with Askuncut at the top.
Speaker 1: We love reading them. We will get back to all of you as soon as possible, but know that if we haven't gone back to you, we've definitely read it. You are heard and you are seen.
Speaker 2: Also, hit us up on our Facebook group which is Life Undercut Podcast. There's been some cute little chats going on in there. Also, we've got the Instagram page which is Life Uncut Podcast as well. So if you want to send us through your ask Uncut questions, hit them on over to those accounts. You can also send us your accidentally unfiltered stories, which is just you know, the drill, your most embarrassing stories. So guys, if you have enjoyed this episode, please tell your friends share the love. Because we love love, we draw it out ahead
Speaker 1: The bay