Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Raid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, new business owner, Wow, business owner and new mum and all the things.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We're recording this before the end of the years.
Speaker 2: She could probably do.
Speaker 1: But I hope you guys are having the best holidays. I am currently on holidays.
Speaker 2: So this is all pre recorded.
Speaker 1: And we are bringing you a little recap of your favorite episodes of twenty twenty two. So this is the most downloaded epps and themes. I fucking love them. You guys are on point because they were my favorite episodes as well, and we've cut them up. We've put them in a nice little bow for you so you can just hear the most potent important parts and just get a little injact of motivation and inspiration. Happy New Year, everyone, I hope you're having the best holiday. I cannot wait to be officially back in your ears soon. But for now, enjoy the app romance of becoming. Let's romance the fuck out of our lives and our mornings and our art. Let's say yes to the romance, but not the romance. We were brought up to believe in the romance of ourselves, the romance of living, the romance of the way we move and the way we dress and the way we see ourselves, the romance of cafes and the romance of becoming, the romance of all the people we are yet to meet, and all the ways we are yet to try on. Let's romance our lives. Because when we romance ourselves, we fall for ourselves too. Brook solace, guys, Today we are chatting romanticizing the fuck out of our lives. That was the most beautiful quote. I had to read it to you, guys, because we saw it on Instagram and we had already decided to do this podcast. About romance your life, and it just we're like, oh my god, this is perfect. Thank you Jamie for finding that one. So today, guys, let's chat romanticizing our lives. So, if you have social media, I'm guessing you do. If you listen to this podcast, especially like TikTok, or you enjoy watching reels on Instagram, you would notice the algorithm is really pushing these ten to thirty second videos of that girl. I actually have an episode on that girl, which I will link the show notes because it's all about how to be that girl and how to have magnetic energy. And it's a good it's one of our most downloaded episodes. But basically that content is really being pushed and honestly like they're doing very mundane things, but it just looks fucking cool, Like it looks like they have their life together, like their you know a girl who and if you don't know what I'm talking about, So basically, she wakes up, she makes her coffee in this like really cute cup. You know, there's usually a bunch of flowers somewhere, she puts some cute active wear, meditates journals. You feel like she's got her life together and you feel like she's a bit fab and let's be honest, like you want to be her. Like if you haven't got your life together, you watch one of those and you're like, oh my god, I need to get my life together. And it just looks like she's, yeah, really loving life. She's honestly doing the most fundane things, but it just looks like she has a great life. You know, you can you can buy aesthetically pleasing things that make you feel a certain way, a no pot of coffee. It can literally be that small and simple, or it could be making something a ritual. At the end of the episode, I will put in some snippets because we went into the NH office and we ask the n H girls like how do they roam fanticize their lives? And they were all such small rituals, but they were so beautiful. So you'll you'll hear that at the end. So it doesn't have to be anything crazy and you don't actually have to go buy things. It's just about what is meaningful to you. And also, can I just touch on something. Maybe it's not that you like, you know, pretty things or things to look in a certain way. Maybe it's just like you like your environment clean or whatever it is. You've got to find what kind of like tickles your fancy and go off that. So that's obviously like some tangible stuff and that's amazing, but it wouldn't be an R and C episode if we didn't get into like the mindset and like the self development behind this. Because again, if we're doing all these things and we're buying the pretty things and we're doing the rituals, but they're actually not you know what lights us up. We haven't done the inner way, and we haven't really you know, dived deep into why we might be feeling a certain way, why we feel like we can't show up as that girl. Then these tangible things are not going to work. We need to do the inner work first, and then that is going to shine outwards. So the biggest thing with romanticizing your life is you can't just copy what I've said. You need to find what works for you, what actually feels good for you. But you also need to get into a place where you love yourself wholeheartily enough to believe you are worthy of these small moments of joy, You're worthy of enjoying the process of enjoying every day because I believe there would be so many people who don't romanticize their life because they just think they're not worthy of the beautiful life. They're not worthy enjoying, you know, those small moments or buying the cute station, and those things are not going to fix anything. If it's like, it's just going to be basically a band aide, if you haven't done the inner work, and if you haven't kind of really dived deep into why you don't feel worthy of romanticizing your life. Be a bit of fun to ask the girls in the NHH warehouse how they romanticize their lives.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, I'm Brooke and I'm the community manager here at Naked Harvest. I romanticize my life by waking up early on Sunday mornings and going for a nice, big walk.
Speaker 1: And getting a coffee. Hi. My name's Courtney and I'm the wholesale distribution manager at Naked Harvest. And I romanticize my life by starting the day with an forty five workout. Hey, guys, is Cura here, social media coordinator at ENDH and I love to romanticize my life by going for an afternoon walk and listening to a poddy Hi, guys, it's Leya here, the PR coordinator at Naked Harvest. I romanticize my life by going for long walks on a Saturday and getting a coffee and almond croissant. Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Mel. I'm the brand executive at Naked Harvest, and I romanticized my life by putting on some tunes while I cook my dinner with a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: What has been the hardest thing about the business for you?
Speaker 4: The hardest thing for me in my side was the logistics. So the packaging was very difficult. Yeah, like when we come to COVID, it was very difficult with freight and getting things in and that was a lot of.
Speaker 1: We experienced a lot of delay shipping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really bad.
Speaker 1: Even at the start coup remember before Naked Harvest, like even started to do the packaging with the cylinder was like a nightmare. Yeah, the samples and remember how back and forth when at one point is like we just can't do it. Me and Mel were like, we want it.
Speaker 2: It makes us different.
Speaker 1: I remember that being on nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It's still a nightmare, guy.
Speaker 4: And the start was getting big trucks sent to my Palm Beach house which was a tiny as so me and Ash were at the front getting boxes, bringing them in SOI I'd go into the garage and then bringing them back inside. And but yeah, logistics, which is still similar issues, but we are a lot better now. But I learned a lot of Yeah, there's still problems all the time. But yeah, we could plan.
Speaker 3: To launch a product, you know, in a few months, and that launch would go out the window. It'd be pushedback months, like there was just no control.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you remember when Moonmilk was sold out for so long and it was like our best selling products couldn't get it, and we just couldn't get packaging and it was this whole nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after that, I went and ordered too many.
Speaker 1: Since the moon milk, so didn't order enough. And then since the moon milk, Cooper does this thing where he like overs orders and we have so much stock and we're like, why did you order so much?
Speaker 4: That has changed now, yes, yeah, Alex now and yeah she's sorting out logistics and she's very good.
Speaker 1: My I think my hardest part of the business is probably like the HR hiring part, and I think that just comes with like the learning curves of getting good people who not only are great at their job, but also like align with Naked Harvest and align with our personalities and how we like to, you know, do things. I think you can probably tell we all have a certain sort of personality intense at stress, intense and like just very hard working and like you know, ride or die like and h is our life. Willing to do anything, you know, willing to go above them beyond, And it's just so, I don't know, it never occurred to me that that was even something you kind of had to think about. And coming from a place where I've never hired people and I've never had to like do anything like that. I was always employed myself. That side of things was just like a whole of the ball game, because it's not even about the business and how it runs and marketing and that. It's, yeah, it's just this whole other thing. We're actually having to deal with people, and I think managing people for me, especially being you know, only in my twenties. In my I was going to say early twenties, but I'm not. I don't know if you know this, guys, but I'm in my early twenties. Your girl, I used to be in my early twenties. But that just has been huge because sometimes, you know, I just feel not capable. But it's been great learning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, But yet we have been very lucky with the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, incredible, Yeah for it exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like we've built quite a good team. We all work very well together and kind of have the mentality where because we are still such a small team. Guys, I don't know if you really know, but you know, our eCOM marketing team upstairs is a team of five, and three of those people do marketing. So the stuff that we do there are you know, like everyone has their own zone of genius and we all compliment each other really well. But we also work really well together, and I think that's been like the biggest thing for us in hiring is finding the right.
Speaker 1: People who gel together.
Speaker 3: Because we are such a small team, we need like people to cover all bass you know.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say, for example, a great example is like this week where our graphic designer has gone on her honeymoon and then we've had a gap between our other graphic designer coming back from maternity leave, and so like Kier and Mell are like on canva.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like teaming it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like you've just got to be scrappy and get things done and you've got to have team mates who are ready to do that and just like do all the thing because it is still like a small business in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, well kind of. I think my hardest thing about I don't know, just this business has been I think the growing pains, don't you reckon, Like in three years we've experienced like rapid growth, and I think the hardest thing is almost keeping up with that, but also making sure that we're like I think the biggest thing for Naked Harvest is we are always like our goal is to be trailblazers in the industry. That's you know, we found a gap in the market and we filled that and now our goal is to be ahead. So in my side of things, constantly making sure that our brand is at the head of the pack and that we are innovative and always thinking of new things and speaking to our you know, customers, we know what they want. We know, you know, even if they don't have it yet, we know how to grow and we know how to continue to give them what they need. That's been so hard.
Speaker 1: But I was about to say, you know, with the success that has come with being the Trailblazers is also you know, the failures too, and then the not knowing. I think a great example is what we experience with our Mystery Boxers. Now.
Speaker 3: So this is the first time we'd ever done an activation like this before, and we were you know, like obviously I am a very planned, strategic person, so I did think of all different you know, outcomes, and I tried to think of every single thing that.
Speaker 2: Could potentially happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, cover all our bases for something that we've never done before.
Speaker 2: But we still experienced issues.
Speaker 1: You know, and we we just like we always want to be optimistics, but we just did not expect the amount of orders we got, and then we had a whole bunch of issues.
Speaker 2: Which this is a good problem to have, yeah.
Speaker 1: For us, So no, but I definitely mean in those circumstances, like it's an amazing problem to have. But that is definitely a hard part part of like when you're doing new things and when you're constantly trying to go above and beyond and do new fun things, you do come about like a whole other hostal problems that you kind of just didn't even think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I think, yeah, I think we're doing a great job. Though yeah we always fail forward. We never let it, you know, determine our fate. We don't let problems just you know, overrun, and then we think of always learning. Y.
Speaker 1: I love that, you know, love that. I use words like, you know, stepping into alignment, following your intuition, stepping into your most authentic self. And I feel like a lot of people they just they're like, what the fuck are you talking about because they haven't experienced either that or much of that.
Speaker 2: And or seeing someone who is in alignment. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get that because that was me seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, So and.
Speaker 1: Also guys like I guess just to explain. So let's try and explain the feeling first, and then I'll get into how I felt seven years ago compared to now.
Speaker 2: But like, alignment to me feels.
Speaker 1: So flowy, so easy, but also like not the easy, like I haven't worked for it, like the easy, like I know I am worth it and I know I am deserving and I know this ease and flow is because I've you know, overcome challenges to get here and I deserve to get to this place. And I just feel so certain of myself and so certain of like if anything was to happen, I would be okay and like I would know what to do. I trust myself so much.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, like I'm gonna like start crying.
Speaker 1: But it's like I just remember like not feeling like that seven years ago, and I felt like that for like most of my life. Yeah, and it's like I don't know, it's like this feeling of just you feel uncertain and you just feel like so lost. But then it also just feels like you don't know what's better, and it feels so normal to you, and you kind of you know there's something better out there, and you like want more for yourself, but you just feel like so stuck and it feels so hard and everything just feels like.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: And then like and I used to feel like that every single day. And also I just I did not I didn't feel comfortable to be myself. Yes, I just felt I felt so wrong. I felt like me as a person something was wrong with me. And I just like I didn't feel like good enough. I just felt like I'm like and It's not that I was like, oh, I'm a piece of shit or like anything like that, but I just thought, there's nothing specially about me. There's I'm going to live an ordinary life, and it's just I don't know, it just didn't feel like anything. But then it's like it didn't feel really bad, but it didn't feel really good, and it just kind of felt like I was sleepwalking a bit and I was just like a bit numb to things.
Speaker 2: And it's just I.
Speaker 1: Guess the reason why I'm getting emotional is because that felt so normal and if I, you know, didn't find these things and had this transformation, I would still be feeling like that. And I just feel like so many people are feeling like that, and it's like, you know, if we're getting to the craccident, Like that is why I created the project, because I'm like, it's not that it's so simple. There is you know, a lot to that, but it's like it can just feel so much better. And when when you like step into alignment and you like find these tools, like you said, it's like these subtle changes and you can't even like pinpoint what has changed because it's like maybe the external actually hasn't changed that much, but you just you feel different. And I think it's also like just this like sense of peace of myself and my life, whereas before I just I don't know, I didn't feel that. Yeah, And I think it's also it's so weird to even say, but knowing that you're in the right place and not worrying about where you're going next yet, Yes, like having no stress or anxiety about the future because you just you know it's going to be okay whatever happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. So well I went off on attach to then, and I think I the reason why I do get emotional is because, you know, the whole our new slogan TEA is like ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Yes, And it's kind of like I'm not special, Like there's nothing special about me. If you look at me seven years ago, to me to me now, it's like, holy shit, she's a whole different person. Yeah, but I don't know, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I get what you mean.
Speaker 1: And I think, like, I guess the reason why I get emotional is like anyone listening to this who felt who feels that like how I felt who feels like that now, it's like life can be so much better, and I just I get upset thinking of people who will just then continue to live their life like that. Yeah, and it's not that it's bad, no, because it's like my life was fine. Yeah, it was so fine, but then just how I feel now, it's just like next level. Holy shit, it can just feel like better than you could have imagined. That's the only way I can describe it. Yeah, all right, guys. So, like if I think about myself seven years ago, like I was kind of saying, like I just like life was fine. I was with Tim, I was doing my law degree, I had you know, a pretty good group of friends, pretty good support. But I just I felt like, I how do I articulate this? A thing I've noticed only recently is that I feel like when you're not in alignment, you're in a rush. And I know that's a very weird way to explain it, but it's like, if you're not in alignment and you're just constantly trying to work to your next goal all the time, and you're on a timeline and you're like, I need well this by this state, this, by this date, this by this date and you're just going and going and going. Yes, that's great, and you probably feel pretty good because you're achieving goals and hitting goals. But if you're constantly in a rush to get to the next goal, it means you're not happy where you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you're happy where you are and you're in alignment and you know that, yes, I'm supposed to be here right now. I don't know how long I'm supposed to be in this position. There's something that I have to learn, and then the next thing will come when it's supposed to come. There's no reason for me to rush to get there. Yeah, And you're just you're not worried.
Speaker 2: You're not worried at all.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 1: You'll come when it's time, if it's ten years, if it's one year, if it's six months.
Speaker 2: But there's no rush to leave where you're at.
Speaker 1: That's a really insightful Yeah, like explanation.
Speaker 4: I loved that.
Speaker 2: Thanks. So if I.
Speaker 1: Think about me, you know, seven years ago, like the before Georgie, you had this like transformation, it's yeah. I was, you know, living at a home with Tim, going out a lot with my friends, doing my law job and like I said, like I felt that way, but it's like life was fine, Like it's not like anything super.
Speaker 2: Bad was happening, but yeah, like you're becoming a lawyer. That's incredible. Yeah, Like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It was fine and I felt, you know, pretty good. But it's like I just remember, the internal was different. So the internal staff was I had a lot of disordered eating issues, so I was constantly trying to just be smaller just it didn't matter. I just wanted to be smaller. I wanted to be skinnier, I wanted to be you know, fitter. I just I wanted to be not what I was. And so I was dealing with a lot of these like and to the outside, I think it would have looked, you know, like because I was, you know, losing weight and I'd get like congratulations and like this positive feedback. So on the outside it probably looked like, you know, life was good and blah blah blah. But it's like on the internal, it wasn't. It like really wasn't. And I had a really bad minute like in a Mean Girl, which was the you know the reason why I was chasing this like external happiness of once I'm skinnier, I'll be happier, and I have to be It's almost like this sense of like perfectionism, like I just needed to be perfect and then my life would be perfect. So I had to get the perfect body and then my life would be perfect. So on the external it looked fine. It looks like, oh, she's just gone a gym. She's like living her life, and like I just go to gym now, like almost not similar because I was being a bit crazy back then. But it's like my internal world was.
Speaker 2: Really fucking dark and really like not good.
Speaker 1: The things I used to say to myself and that sort of side of things just like really not good. And I was just suffering in silence a lot, and I just thought that was normal. I thought, you know, having those thoughts about yourself was normal, and it was just, you know, normal to always want to be better and to always want to be different. And I also just remember I just had no sense of I was always looking to other people for things. So and I know you felt this way to a tear of like I would I would be that person who like polled all my friends and be like should I do this? I just had no trust in myself and even to the point of like I remember, like for an outfit on the weekend, I would like scroll for hours on Instagram, find the perfect photo of like some girl who looked like she had the best life, and like copy her outfit.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and like to think of doing that.
Speaker 1: Now I didn't dream of that because I just pick what I like, yes, Whereas before it's like, you know.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what I used to do that.
Speaker 1: I would look to other people for inspiration, to other people for what should I wear? What should I do? I just had no internal compass and I just had no trust in myself, Like I would never dream of just going to the store and just like picking something because.
Speaker 2: Without sending your friend's photos, asking them what.
Speaker 1: They and just because I liked it and because it felt good to me. It was like it's like I thought that was normal, But now, being the way I am, I'm like, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: You know what tell us is so sad. I feel like that is normal, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, Like a lot of people might be a lot to this thinking yeah I do that, that's normal. Yeah, So like I and I'm sure I could probably find it in my phone notes. But I would, yeah, like exactly what you said, poll people on what do you think of this outfit, this outfit or this appit or this hairstyle or this hairstyle, and I'd send like people and I would tell Tally the results and that would be my decision. But I wouldn't get a vote. Yeah, And like, I know people probably don't do it to that.
Speaker 4: Extent, but pretty extremity.
Speaker 1: I was like myself, But like, I think a lot of people will go to the store and they might send their friends a few pictures in the change room. I don't think there's anything too wrong with that, but they might be leaning towards, say a pink dress, and one of their friends is like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, you look stunning in the black, and then they're like, oh.
Speaker 4: Just get the black then.
Speaker 1: But it's like, if you felt better in the pink dress, you should be getting the pink dress. And it's funny because I do this now where I'll pull tim about things and you'll often say always the opposite, and they do the opposite, and I'll be like, noah, fuck that, I look way better than this, and I just don't give a fuck what he said, also like I want to know exactly like you just want other people, but then I like try myself and I just and then also like that's honestly the reason why I did a whole degree that I'm now not using just fucking had to pay hex on and really because it was like, if I become a lawyer, which is, you know, a prestigious job, I will first full make my parents proud. Imagine saying that in a conversation, like I this is something that went through my mind of I could tell people I was a lawyer, and that's like, I think that's also normal in itself, but also I'm thinking of that and I'm like, that's fucked, and I just think how I feel now with I'm like and for instance, like even bringing out this course was a huge not challenge, but it was a huge kind of step for me because for a long time I was kind of embarrassed talking and telling people that I manifested things because it was so taboo back then. Yeah, like I remember kind of wanting to have the conversation you know, with my friends or tim or my mom and dad and talking about these concepts, but just feeling like I, you know, like.
Speaker 2: We were a girl.
Speaker 1: I was that we were girl. I was that weird girl. And it like takes me back to high school, when like I wasn't cool enough, you know. And it's like, and that's another thing. In high school. I just remember I would do anything to be liked. I would do anything to like not even be liked, but just be like normal, just be fit in, fit in. Yeah, And it's like I just wouldn't couldn't even tell you what And I think this is normal for a teenager, but it's absolutely I couldn't tell you what I liked or even what felt authentically me. But that still was happening in you know, my early twenties, which I think is also normal. So normal, so normal. But like I do have friends who are now in their early thirties who was in the same boat, which is why you don't want to be, yeah, who were kind of doing the same things as they were when they were in their early twenties, like maybe a little bit different, but they're still you can tell they are still stuck in this place where they don't they don't trust their intuition, they don't have them, you know, they haven't strengthened their internal compass because all these things we're talking about, like intuition alignment, it's not it is. I feel like some people just like have it and I do, and I'm like jealous of those people. But for me, it is something I've had to learn and strengthen over time, and I'm really excited to continue, you know, strengthening it and continue being an alignment. But yeah, so going back seven years ago, like I said, life is fine, and I was like, you know, doing my law job and doing this and that. As soon as I kind of made that big step of quitting my law job and then really being in this place of like, fuck, I need to you know, make things happen for myself in my own way because I've just taken this big jump and that was really the catalyst of me in my self development journey, me in you know, starting to use these tools, if that makes sense. So then let's kind of was that Did that kind of paint a good picture for your tier of like how I felt seven years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I find it so interesting that the only word you used to describe it was fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if you noticed that, did I just did?
Speaker 1: They keep saying fine? Fine?
Speaker 2: I was fine. It was fine. No, like like it wasn't bad, but it was so good.
Speaker 1: And that's the things. It wasn't that like like you were just fine sort of going. Yeah, well, I do use the term often in like copy of like it kind of felt like a sleepwalking a bit, like just kind of going through the motions. Yes, there wasn't any like enjoyment. Those that's things I did enjoy myself and life was like and I used to have some really great days and like that sort of thing. But I guess having hindsight now looking back, I was like compared to now, I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. Yeah, thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed it and.
Speaker 1: Want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to.
Speaker 2: Would be so amazing.
Speaker 1: And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great