Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura ben Brady or what our windows down? That's my world?
Speaker 3: Reason the dust only good zabs all.
Speaker 2: I've done much But yeah, our big get and what I want It don't matter where rades.
Speaker 4: This is the pickup, Hi, guys, it's the pick up with Brett Hartley and Laura Ben Oh.
Speaker 2: How exciting. Not only that it's fry ye Laura, but it is a long weekend.
Speaker 4: This is the first long weekend that we've actually gonna we get a long weekend in almost forever, in.
Speaker 3: Two years, three years. Usually we work on a Monday long weekend, but not this one.
Speaker 2: Have you got any plans your solo parenting? Known't you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm going to thoroughly enjoy having an extra day off on the long weekend.
Speaker 2: You know what, I actually have zero plans as well.
Speaker 3: How boring are we?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: I think boring's good though, I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: In your thirties, it becomes good like it becomes what you want.
Speaker 4: Do you know who else are going to be excited about? It being a long weekend? It means that daycare is closed, so I mean parents don't need to be reminded of that. But my daughter, Lola, she's just recently started a new daycare, and with Matt Away, I mean, he's in the celeb jungle at the moment. I've been having one of the biggest parenting hurdles I think I've faced so far with her, And I'll tell you about it next. BRIT's something I've spoken to you about a little bit, and it's honestly taken over my life in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Is that Lola has started.
Speaker 4: So Lola's four years old now almost it's a birthday in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Time she comes around quick. Oh, it's crazy, I just had a birthday. Came I thought, I literally just gave birth to it.
Speaker 4: How is she for She's she just started a new daycare and it shouldn't be a big deal. I know that sometimes transitioning to a new daycare can be a bit tricky and kids take a little while to adjust, but she she's been going to her old daycare for almost three and a half years, and I think we completely underestimated just how hard this transition was going to be. And it's been three weeks now, and it doesn't feel like it is getting any easier. What I mean by that is is we're at the stage now that when I drop her off before work in the morning or I pick her up after work, she's screaming, crying, she is holding onto the car seat, and it's really it escalates when she's at home so she can kind of sometimes be okay. When I get her into the daycare, it's the crying Mummy, please don't send me back to school the next day, and waking up in the nighttime begging to not go to school. And I actually do not know how to manage this transition.
Speaker 2: I know that you know the daycare, but there's got to be a part of you that's like, why don't you want to go to school?
Speaker 3: Like has she spoken about it?
Speaker 4: Like, Noah, I don't want to catastrophize. It's nothing to do with the daycare, Like the daycare is great. It's just to do with it being new and being unfamiliar, and you know, it's scary being in a new place and having to process making all new friends and Mummy's not here, and there's just been so much change for her, Like Dad's not home because he's in the jungle. Her sister has just started at vacation care school. They used to go together, and so now she's just had all this change happen at the one time, and I just don't I almost think it's been too much for her in one go. And I want to talk about this because I know that we're coming up to school drop offs and like school starting back, and so many parents who either have kids who are in kindergarten or parents who have gone through this period of trying to get their children ready for preschool or whatever, and there is nothing more heartbreaking than dropping your kid off somewhere and having them crying for you.
Speaker 3: And you got to hold it together.
Speaker 4: You've got it, because you've got to be the strong one who's trying to show them everything's okay. And you do it as a mum. You hold it all together. And then you get in the car and you cry in the car because you can't cry.
Speaker 3: In front of them.
Speaker 4: But it's almost this impossible situation where I'm like, well, I have to go to work.
Speaker 3: I don't have a choice about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also don't want to be leaving my child to be crying at daycare by yourself. Because you just feel like you're doing such a terrible job.
Speaker 2: And I guess the question is you know that it's normal for kids not to love change and it takes them a little minute to assimilate into the new environment. But then on the other hand, we're always told that kids are really malleable and they accept change pretty well, pretty quickly. So the question that you have to ask yourself, I guess, is like, how long do you wait of the crying before you say, you know what, she's not going to adapt and I take her back to the old daycare.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the big question, right, I'm like, is this just resilience building? Is this something that we should just like suck it up and she will eventually get over it and be okay because we know the school is a fantastic school, or do you cave even go okay, We'll go back to the old daycare because you were just so happy and it was so easy when you were there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I genuinely don't have the answers, and I don't know whether a three almost four year old needs this type of resilience building. I almost think it's too much for them.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. I also don't know, but we do have this amazing woman, Michelle Mitchell. She's a parenting expert, she's a friend of the show. We've spoken to before. I think we get her on next week and actually asked because this is a really big decision that you need to make in the next week or two, and I think it's great that we can get some advice from Michelle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also for any other parents who are going through the same thing, it's truly heartbreaking. It's a really hard time to know whether you're doing the right thing by your kid.
Speaker 3: The last thing we want to do is be causing permanent damage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're thinking of Lola this week. Anyway, I'm glad you get Monday off with it. Hey, I want to talk to you about something wild. Meghan Michael. The world loves to hate us. She's in the headlines every single week, but I've not ever seen something quite like this. Rumor has it that Meghan and her team have approached a publishing firm about publishing a divorce book. Now, Meaghan and Harry are not divorced, so there's some questions that have been raised about is this real? Could this possibly be something that she would have done hoping it didn't get out. Is she planning for a divorce? But I'm thinking this seems too crazy. I'm thinking it's more likely that a publishing firm are like, I'm just going to try and get ahead of this way.
Speaker 4: Well, getting your new sources from is really the big question.
Speaker 3: Are producer grace right? Okay? Fact checked?
Speaker 4: I do think I've been getting it from Facebook, and Facebook no longer has fact checking on it.
Speaker 3: They're like, have you had it here first? They're getting divorced.
Speaker 2: I don't actually use Facebook, No, but I I almost want to squash this. I think it's highly unlikely that Meghan and her Tiam have done this. I think it's probably more likely that there's a publishing firm that's like, you know, I'm going to get ahead of it. I reckon they're rocky. I'm just going to tell her that, hey, if you ever do divorce, we could do.
Speaker 3: Something with it.
Speaker 2: You can make money. Make sure you come to our firm first. You'd be crazy to be Meaghan and Harry like to be in Meghan's position, go to a publishing firm, try to secretly get a book deal about a divorce. When you're not even divorced. That's wild talk.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, to be fair, is this are you in talks with a publisher. I'm kind of like, I mean, I don't believe it for one second. I think it's the opposite. Like I would say that if this has been the rumors floating around, it would be a publishing house that's gone to the first and said, hey, hey, if it's ever on the cards, come to us, we'll pay you this exorbitant fee. But also if it was the flip side, maybe she's happily married. It's kind of like just doing a prenup, isn't it. We know we're not going to get divorced, but just in case, sign a prenup because what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine. Whereas in this case, she's like, I know we're not getting divorced, but if we were, let's make some money off it.
Speaker 3: Let's cash on in.
Speaker 2: It could be smart because imagine the prenup that he had, like he was well and truly in the royal family when they got married, there would be so much protection around that. So maybe she is just being like, this is my form of a post prenup.
Speaker 3: A post nup.
Speaker 4: Okay, the question is if they were to get divorced, would you purchase the book? I would, I'm interested? Would you, yeah?
Speaker 2: I would? Did you purchase Harry's book?
Speaker 4: I like a bit of royal drama. My mother in law is like a She's sick for the Royal family. She's a real Royalist, so we have many Royal family conversations. But I don't quite understand the hate for Megan. I don't quite get why it's so. I genuinely feel really sorry for her. I'm sick of reading about her. Not because I'm reading about her.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine what that.
Speaker 2: Does to a person. The world just loves to hate her, and I don't even think they know why they hate her now. I just think it's like, oh, that's just what we do. We just hate Meegan and Harry. Like I have not read or heard a positive headline about them in years, and I find that really sad.
Speaker 4: Do you know the only reason why I think that this like this rumor is getting legs and the reason why people believe that maybe they did approach a publishing firm just in case, just in case the divorce might be on the cards in the future. Is because they seem to do a lot of interviews selling their story. That's why people, I think a will be like, oh God enough, Like there's a lot of them talking about the breakup from the palace and their life issues and everything else. I think that people almost like wouldn't put it past them to do it, And that's why the rumors gained legs, even though it doesn't seem like it could be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't know how to make money now they're like, oh, better go to Oprah.
Speaker 4: I don't care enough about it to have strong feelings put it that way. But then also came out and confirmed that no offer was ever made, no manuscript was ever produced, So I think it's all just fluff.
Speaker 3: It is time for one of our favorite segments.
Speaker 2: We get to give away some pat cash we do and we get to celebrate your little wins of the week.
Speaker 3: Now, this is our very first little Wins of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: It is, and we're going to give away five hundred dollars Chemist Aware House voucher. To win this, all you have to do is give us a call and tell us not the big, not the huge successes. I don't want to hear about graduations and birthday parties and baby reveals.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all wonderful, but it is too beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everyone celebrates those things, but not us. We're here to celebrate the small stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what me this week, I had, Laura, You know this has been a huge part of my life. This week, I had a plant that tragically died. Tragic it like, horrifically died. I was like, there is no bringing this back to life. Put it outside, forgot about it. It is sprouting again.
Speaker 4: Nothing like neglecting a plant for it to really thrive in the outdoors.
Speaker 3: Put a house plan outside. It does better.
Speaker 4: Thought it anyway. Look number one call. We've got little Leita on the phone. Our first little win.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lalita, Hi, watch your little winn of the week.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 4: My little win was it was bucketing down for hours, but I managed to take a full line of clothes off the line before it happens.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: There we are a little win, right there.
Speaker 2: Get a bit more time when it starts spitting, right, like if it's if you get that like twenty seconds of spitting first.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's right. The leader.
Speaker 4: It really is a small win, but we can go to number two. Jacqueline, what is your little win of the week?
Speaker 5: Hi, my little win of the week is at thirty five weeks pregnant, I can finally rest my water bottle on my belly. My hands are free.
Speaker 2: I feel like you don't get a lot of time, like you what three weeks worth of really being able to sit there and use it as a plate?
Speaker 3: You belly is a plate. It's good when you can put a cup and then just have your straw. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: You just absolutely handless, can drink out of your water bottle.
Speaker 5: Yep, I can scroll on my phone and yep, have my front green on my belly.
Speaker 2: Handpa, that's a pretty good win. I haven't experienced it yet. I'm not haven't been pregnant yet, but I think that that would be cool.
Speaker 3: I mean great.
Speaker 4: Also, put your chips there and you don't even have to get them. You can just put your face straight into the bag.
Speaker 3: Whatever works for you. Lost all right? How we have Samantha as well. Samantha, what's your little winn of the week?
Speaker 1: So, my little winter of the week is I managed to fit eleven tim pems in my mouth in eleven, Samantha.
Speaker 3: That's a win for your husband.
Speaker 1: Well, actually it's got a story. I'm not into men.
Speaker 3: Oh that's yeah, but you a Grace is really excited over here.
Speaker 2: I'm sure in some capacity to win for your partner in any way.
Speaker 1: I've always been told I had a big mouth, but I never really know it's until I put it to test.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm so glad you find it wasn't a.
Speaker 1: One minute fit. It was like it did, takes about fifteen minutes to shove them.
Speaker 3: In and take pet Can I ask you how this?
Speaker 2: How this came up, Samantha, Like, were you just sitting there one day and thought, I wonder how many tim tims I can get in my mouth?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I was having a challenge with my eldest daughter and I was like, listen, boo, mom has got this, and you know I wipe that table claim.
Speaker 3: I'm actually just really thinking about this. Eleven is so many. It's like literally the pack.
Speaker 1: No, it's a pack I had lock.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's the whole pack.
Speaker 1: There's eleven eleven the whole pack.
Speaker 4: Did you have to take them out of your mouth to eat? Because like, I don't know how you would then chew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to like pull them out one by one were breaking off as well, so it was Yeah, it was a really attractive thing.
Speaker 3: Did you get a photo? There is a video orbit, Can you please send it to us? Yeah, it's part and parcel of us needing to give you a prize. Who can go on the pick up?
Speaker 4: We've got a new rules all right? Well, look, who do we think it's gonna be? I think we probably have a clear winner here, do we?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Okay, you call it. This is your week. You can pick this week? All right.
Speaker 4: Look, I think if you can fit eleven Tim Tams in your mouth, you should also get five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Has been a chemist warehouse. Samantha. Congrat Samantha. See Samantha congrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that is it from us, guys,