Speaker 1: I think a huge thing is realizing if we're not clear on where we're going, we're going to go nowhere fast. Welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. We chat a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just know I'm right here by your side and that you have the RNC community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, and I am doing my last solo podcast for twenty twenty one, and isn't that just crazy? As I'm recording this podcast, you'll hear it in a couple of weeks time, but there is only forty six days till the.
Speaker 2: Wow till the year.
Speaker 1: Ends, which is just insane. This year has gone so fast, but also I feel like so much has happened the usual end of year vibes. Basically, today I wanted to run you through kind of like a guided reflection, a guided year summary, and get your brains thinking about this year, the good, the bad, and also what you want to attract and bring in for the new year. So it's going to be a bit different to my usual episodes. It's going to be very kind of I will give you some time throughout the episode episode sorry to think about these questions. So I'll put in some nice music and it's a super reflective sort of episode. So this would be great if you were, you know, driving or doing a walk, or even if you're sitting down and you want to kind of.
Speaker 2: Get your notepad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this will be a really cool episode to reflect on the year and also plan for the new year, twenty twenty two. It's crazy wild. Before we get into the episode, though, I do just want to give you guys a bit of a rundown. So as I'm recording this episode, I am just about to be thirty nine weeks pregnant, heavily pregnant, very uncomfortable, it's very exhausted to the end, ready to take some very much deserved maternity leave, but wanted to give you this before I did, and I kind of wanted to explain. So this is my last solo episode in real time, but I'm not leaving you with nothing. My RNC podcast VAM is my favorite group of people ever, and I really didn't want to leave you with no content, especially of the Christmas holidays and the New Year. I feel like that's when we really want to go inwards and you know, kind of absorb that and find motivation and inspiration. So what I've actually done, and my podcast manager will be facilitating all this and running the show. She's a bloody gem, And what we're doing is the podcast actually has like nearly two hundred episodes, so so much content, so much good content then that can sometimes be lost within like you know, an hour episode. And so what we've done is we're going back to our most loved, our most listened, our most downloaded episodes, and my podcast manager has kind of taken bite sized bits, so you know how usually in an interview with someone, we get their background and we get their life story and then they give us these really like tidbit chicken nuggets where they give us some real good advice. And I know so many times I'll listen to a podcast and I'm like, oh my god, that was amazing, Like I hope I remember that. And so what we're doing is putting together episodes where it just goes straight to the good part, straight to the best advice and very kind of like niche of what you guys would want to know and listen. So the title will like reflect what's in that episode. You would click on it, and we will also link the whole episode if it's one that you haven't listened to and you want to go back. But even if you've listened to the full episode, like you know, six months to a year ago, I guarantee you the bits we pull and give you, we will be like you'll be like, oh my god, yes I remember this such great advice, or maybe you won't even remember it and just be like, amazing, I really needed to hear this today. So I really hope you guys enjoy those episodes. Let's get straight into our reflection of twenty twenty one Little practice.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So I want you to start by just taking some breaths. Let's really kind of get to that place where we can dig deep and have a really good think about this year and also really good think about what we want. So doesn't matter if you're driving or walking or cleaning the house.
Speaker 3: Just with me.
Speaker 1: Now, let's take three big belly breaths. All right, guys. So to start this reflective exercise, I want you to think of a summary of twenty twenty one. So we're not going too much into really thinking about like the good and the bad and the lessons. I just want you to recall what happened. So something that might be helpful is going through your Google calendar or going through your Instagram and really kind of have a look at from January to now what did you do, Where were you working, what celebrations did you have? Was there any big milestones? Because I think the year can get really lost, and especially this year with so much happening with the lockdowns and COVID, it's it feels like it's gone fast, but also so much has happened. So I'm going to give you a couple of minutes to just think about what happened. In twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Name of the game music Coming to the.
Speaker 1: All right, So the next thing I want you to do is really think about two to three big lessons that you've learned this year now. Lessons usually come from a negative time, a turning point. Not it can also be a positive time. Sorry, but it usually comes from you know, something big happening. It comes from getting out of your comfort zone. It doesn't often feel great, but you can look back and you can go, wow, that was a lesson I learned from that, And I really want you guys to think of that. So there can be lessons for everything. It can be a shitty relationship, you know, a shitty friendship. It can be changing careers, standing up from yourself, or even learning more about yourself, starting something new, anything like that. I want you to think of two to three big lessons you learned this year.
Speaker 4: Us coming to the.
Speaker 1: Now. I want you to think of how you grew as a person. This can be anything. This can be you learnt a new skill, you know, made new friends, you hit a big milestone, you excelled in your career, you change career, you found something new in your life. Basically, I want you to think about a change, a positive change, and reflect how you grew as a person in twenty twenty one. Now, I want you, guys, to finish this sentence, and I'm going to give you a bit of time because i feel like there's so many things that you could be thankful for, but just list them off. I am thankful for twenty twenty one because listed.
Speaker 2: Off, guys.
Speaker 1: Now, I want you, guys, to repeat after me. These are affirmations, so I want you to really feel into them. Affirmations only work if you really believe and feel into them. I grew in twenty twenty one. I learned lessons in twenty twenty one. I overcome so much in twenty twenty one. I am so proud of myself. I am always enough. I am so excited for what twenty twenty two will bring. I am ready to grow, I'm ready to expand, and I'm ready to be my next best self. Now, guys, I want you to think of something, someone, or even a list of things that you want to let go and leave behind this year. So this could be a habit, this could be a person, This could be a trauma, This could be anything that is basically not serving you.
Speaker 2: Anymore.
Speaker 1: It has happened this year, You've dealt with it this year, and I want you to think of what you will.
Speaker 2: Be letting go off.
Speaker 1: I'll give you about a minute.
Speaker 2: Have a little think.
Speaker 1: Now, something that really helps me let go of, you know, negativity or something I'm kind of hung up on, is doing a little ceremony. So those things that you just thought about, it could be really helpful to write them on Pegi, you know, write that letter to that person, or write a letter to yourself of what you want to let go of, and then do a little ceremony where you you know, burn it obviously safely in the sink or in a bowl, or you rip it up and you put it in the ground. Basically, a ceremony just means, or like a ritual, just means anything that you stop your present, you give yourself the intention towards it. Anything like that is super super beneficial. So if there is something that you're like, I really need to let go of this before the new year because you just don't want to take it into the new year, it's no longer serving you highly recommend you do a little ceremony. Now, guys, let's set some intentions I'm gonna call them intentions just because I feel like this is not a goal setting episode, like we're still in the previous year. It can be super overwhelming to, you know, start setting goals when it's December and we're trying to wind down and just like relax. I don't want you guys to feel like that, because you know, this has been a big year. I'm sure there has been a lot happened, a lot that has happened, and make sure you take the time to de stress, to be present with family and friends, to you know, really be in the present before you look forward. But in saying that, I think it's always nice to also have a little think about what you do want to bring in the new year. So these are not goals, these are intentions. So basically what's different is goals are like very specific. They're like I want this by this date, this.
Speaker 2: Amount, you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Where's intentions are kind of like how do you.
Speaker 2: Want to feel? What is the vibe?
Speaker 1: Like they can definitely be stuff like I want to buy a house or a physical thing, but it's kind of like what's the vibe? So, guys, what do you want to manifest in twenty twenty two. I want you to dream big. I really want you to get into that place where there's no limitations and think, what are you striving for, what brings you joy, what do you want more of? What do you want to change? And how do you want to grow next year. Now, I'm going to give you four categories that I usually use with intentions, and so I will say it and then you will have a think about the intentions in that category in your life. So the first one is going to be your relationship intentions. So I'll give you a couple of minutes to think about, but have a think about your relationships in your life. This could be you know, your partner. This could be a partner you're trying to attract or manifest. This could be your friendships, your relationships you know at work, your relationships with family, friends, anything like that. Have a think what's the vibe? What's the intention for the new year?
Speaker 5: Da mon?
Speaker 1: All right, guys. Next, let's think about your health intentions. So is there something that you want to work on health wise that I'm not just talking about, you know, going to the gym or anything like that. This is also mental health, physical health, How do you want to do things differently in the new year. How do you want to feel? What does your health look like to you? What do you want to actual action? So next, I I want you to think about you're kind of like your personal goals or your spiritual goals. So this is really I want you to think about how do you want to grow change as a human? So think of kind of like personal development. Are there things that you know, is there a new skill that you want to try, a new hobby? Do you want to start reading more? Do you want to start looking into certain aspects spirituality, like different religions like that sort of side of things For you as a person, how are you going to feed and nourish yourself with your own development? Have a think about what you want that to look like in the new year. And then lastly, guys, I do want you to have a think about this could be you know Koreer work study. What sort of intentions do you have for that in the new year.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: All right, So now you've got some intentions. If you are writing them down, I would put them in like four different little boxes and just kind of have a look at them and just be very much like, is this what I want? How do I want to change? I think a huge thing is realizing if we're not clear on where we're going, we're going to go nowhere fast. So even if these aren't big things, or even if they're small things, it is just really great to just get clear on what you want, what you want to attract, how you want things to change, and then from there you can start setting proper goals, you can start working towards it. But again, guys, it is the end of the year. Make sure you celebrate yourself, makes you be present, make sure you spend some you know, time with your family and friends, and also just spend some time recharging. This has been such a huge, big, emotional, a lot year for so many people, so you deserve the break. And I just want to take this time also to say a big thank you for supporting the podcast, for supporting me through my pregnancy journey, and obviously being so considerate with this time with me taking maternity leave. It will honestly mean so much if you do keep you know, listening to the potty and supporting the potty. Yeah, I love you guys so much. Thank you for an amazing year, and I just hope you guys have the best Christmas break and enjoy all the foods and really chill out. You deserve it. Thank you for listening for another RNC episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the rn C podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer podcast community on Facebook and I will be in there to chat to you until next time.