Speaker 1: Christ Jan O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. Let's go a third.
Speaker 2: She's a bit of a minx cat, isn't she?
Speaker 3: I did like you guys, I definitely do.
Speaker 4: My monitor is not working, Colt chat the Engineer.
Speaker 1: Now, welcome to the Christian o'connall Breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold one of the four point three.
Speaker 4: How they're monitors this morning, Patsy? How them? You know? Christian?
Speaker 2: I got him this morning, checked the monitors five twenties signed.
Speaker 4: We'll signed on Patsy's monitor and I've checked them up five twenty. Just wanted to be happy. That's all, Patsy, Thank you.
Speaker 3: And Patsy sent a photo of a monitor to us this morning. Saw that, Pats, I can't believe you're one of those people who have such a disorganized desktop. There's there's files everywhere, there's no folders, there's stuff saved all over the desktop.
Speaker 2: You know what everything? Everything is where I need to find it.
Speaker 4: Jack, that's well, there's no way there was like a thousand thumbnails. It's sort of thing you mum and dad would do where they didn't know where else to save anything, saying to desktop.
Speaker 2: YEP, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Behind it is the scariest down folks you ever see.
Speaker 5: Terrified, So do not pick on my Brian Adams terrified Brian Adams with I saying please release me from day Jeffrey Darmer, release me.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately we couldn't see his ransom note because there's too many fires saved over the top.
Speaker 2: Of him or the gun in his bed in.
Speaker 4: All serious because can we come in a minute and count how many folded? My guess I reckon there was at least fifty. Well yesterday we've seen them as well.
Speaker 2: All sorts of information like what news?
Speaker 4: Who remembers that whole from eighty nine?
Speaker 2: Very funny, boy, it's hilarious. He's so funny.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: There's a varied amount of things in there. There's pronunciations of sport stars.
Speaker 4: Stop starting frosty, Yeah, have you lost the password? That one knock of silly different pronunciations. We get.
Speaker 2: Is that there's photos from the show's.
Speaker 4: Shopping has shopping this also I can use flash and you click on the wrong one. Cucumbers, mangoes, no, no, no way.
Speaker 2: There's names of gel polish that I've liked over the months that I might revisit.
Speaker 4: Amazing, So I actually call Chateau Jones last night. I called Shay Jones last night to speak to the where I be love God. Here's a couple of things I noticed from the phone. Does he does he sit in the TV? Because I was like, Chris, mate down all the TV's loud, Chris, it's located chat Now you know you're not turning it down with what's that great?
Speaker 2: He's going deaf. I keep telling him to go and get his hearing fixed.
Speaker 4: Do you hear you with it? I know right he was moaning that he hasn't been able to watch any of the crickets in America, so he's making up with it and it splintering volume whiles whilst he was telling me about no, you never told us the day so the stories about your epic trip to America? What other story I'll come back after this? I picked up so much more chance to your husband. Yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Has taken a better photo of Patsy's desktop monitor. I reckon there's fifty thumbnail files on that screen of that terrifying photo of her terrifying putting Brian Bryan Adams in a rear naked choke mcgra dream of getting one in that closer. He is ready to tap. He looks terrified. So yesterday I called up christ where We Love God, Pats' husband. I needed some advice from the great wise one. Okay, Ruby's applying for a first job and it's at the company he works for, and he was giving some tips. He signed teenager's casual labor and he was very very helpful and very professional. Whilst we were chatting though, and he was adding the cricket Big Bash on very very loudly in the background. I was asking him how the trip to Disneyland was and then over to New York. He told me a story you did not share about. He was frightened that he was actually going to break the Dumbo ride.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 4: Actually made him tell me again. The kids came running and they wonder to see why I was laughing. They rarely heard laugh and they came right.
Speaker 2: I was terrified.
Speaker 4: Please you do it.
Speaker 3: You were there, give us the eye witness that explaining the Dumbo ride.
Speaker 2: Umbo ride. It's a beautiful ride, but it's very high, so.
Speaker 4: It's and it's old. It's like you know, the new ones and cars or anything like that.
Speaker 3: It's the first one build with rivets.
Speaker 2: It's just the carriages. There's how would how many would there be? Maybe two dozen dumbo elephants that you sit in and there's a hand control on.
Speaker 4: It, so it goes up and down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you control how high you go. I actually did go on it one time, and it was just it was too high for me. I was petrified because there's something like eight feet. It's just it was higher than that.
Speaker 4: We haven't started it yet.
Speaker 2: It's like the rialto towers up there anyway.
Speaker 4: High. It's like five year old, and it's like, you know that thing normally that go you must be this high to go to. They don't even have it.
Speaker 3: It's actually if you're over this high, you can't go on it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I didn't like it. I'm not good with heights. Anyway, Audrey wanted to go a second time, and I said to Chris, I will wait this one out. You go, And I didn't notice the first time how he had sort of misproportioned the you know, the whole capsule thing. So anyway, he got in and obviously I wasn't on the other side to even out the weight.
Speaker 4: She said. He was begging already going because she does want to go all the way six feet and about as it was going around like a centris starting to lean. Yes, a video of it top of the open rivets are undoings handy work put it down.
Speaker 2: Chris was white and the look on his face. I think I've got a video somewhere in the phone.
Speaker 4: Please. We're trying and find it on that desktop computer.
Speaker 1: John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So we were appalled this morning when we saw what Pats's desktop computer looks like. Let alone the Bryan Adams terrified photo with Pats of the old classic what I call the Huggy on night Many a day goes by, yes An apprehending some celebrity who's breezing through Australia and insisted they take a photo with him. And they always look like they've got one eye on an emergency accent the other. I go, where the where's the acts? Did you see the one with hit him and Adam Lambert?
Speaker 3: Do you follow him on Instagram or Facebook? How do you say that.
Speaker 4: He follows me? New posts? He puts them up as he drives around at my sound my house. Were there anyway on Pats, he's a desktop computer. We've just had an actual count of how many of those you know they're on your desktop. You have a couple of icons, some of you might have ten or twelve, and some of them might be those easy go to folders that you need for whatever you do on your computers. Right, one hundred and fifty?
Speaker 2: No, I have not got one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: All right, Rio has just counted them. Okay, would you call Rio alaya? Rio? Is it really one hundred and fifty?
Speaker 3: It's ten across and fifteen down?
Speaker 4: Quiz? Oh crap, there are no prizes, no price. One hundred and fifty files save to your desktop.
Speaker 2: I might need to have a clear out after the show today.
Speaker 4: But then you're always moaning about the computer being slow.
Speaker 2: Oh it is, though, it isn't it?
Speaker 4: You've got two is it's like your handbag basically.
Speaker 1: On the computer screen the Chris Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday evening we were watching some of the Australian Open similarly because there was some young gun Australian player Chris O'Connell, even Andy Lee who's been doing some little pieces for Channel nine. Isn't it? Texted Jack and I saying my word, there's actually a Chris O'Connell playing here, And it was actually a very good He was doing well.
Speaker 3: I mean he didn't he didn't beat his Russian opponent in the end, but he got to four sets and he was doing well. I actually found it really fun to get behind such an unknown player. He's an Australian guy and.
Speaker 4: He's a young kid. So I was start googling as I was watching it, as you do, and I saw that two years ago he was he was washing boats for a buck. And last year, get this, that is a bad deal, well, or a good deal. If you want to you both washed cheaply. It's a great deal, you know. Then I saw that last year he had an amazing year. Last year right obviously worked really hard. He jumped leap frogs one thousand places in the rankings. Wow. And yesterday he was taken on the play. He was ranked seventeenth in the world, which was no mean feat. And he really took it to him as well. Anyway, the only reason we were rocky by because he had the name Chris O'Connell. And as I was watching the tennis, I certainly realized and I've been to wimbled in a couple of times, was lucky enough to go to Australian Open last year and the opens fantastic here Australian for a sport. It's a very strange, impenetrable scoring system, isn't it. We know roughly how it works. But why is it worse? Like love? And it goes like fifteen thirty, right, that's going up like fifteen. Suddenly it just goes forty if it's only ten more than thirty, yeah, fifteen thirty forty five? No, why is it forty?
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't have much lay to it sets points. I'm reaching at some kind of memory of a fact here, but I have a feeling someone Tobby once has got something to do with In the olden days, before they had scoreboards, they used a clock to score. But that's as much as I remember, and it still doesn't really explain why they go fifteen fifteen and then a ten pointer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then where does where does love come into it? As always, why is there love in tennis?
Speaker 3: That I can't answer?
Speaker 4: You don't know. You wouldn't have it in boxing. It wouldn't be quite right. You know, at the end of a fight we're just going to clear it love. You know love at the end of the day, Love conquers everything. So we used to do a thing on the show called You're Smarter than Google because a lot of you are so called us up if you can explain or try to explain the scoring system in tennis, but without cheating and having a look on Google, because we could easily find before even start speaking to you about it on the radio why it is so. But sometimes that's not as interesting. I want to know that there's someone out this morning that can actually access some kind of information about how tennis because before we had Google, we did used to know stuff. Someone would tell you the answer to listener pub some smart person would know what is the history of the scoring system in tennis without going anywhere near Google before it was invented. So you're smarter than Google. Don't cheat, don't go on Google. Let's try and work this out by seven o'clock. How is the system ranked like that in tennis? Why is there love in a tennis system in the scoring?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast asked you this morning, without consulting Google, can we work out collectively with our brains the reason behind these strange and sometimes it seems a bit arbitrary.
Speaker 4: The scoring system in tennis, most sports, it makes sense, doesn't it. Yep, you know boxing win lose, or you know, you can have a unanimous as at well footy. So sometimes those points still him a little bit crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Soccer's probably the most obvious one. You can get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. But tennis. Tennis is a strange one, isn't it. Why is their love involved? The fifteen thirty then they're chucking the little ten bump up to forty?
Speaker 2: What's the juice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, it's such a strange system. Then the aces as well, you know, so one of those one, can anyone explain Jack's had a good stab so far? Again, this is with alcoholics. All we've got. It's all we've got right now. This is out consulting Google, all right, So don't go on to Google. Can you try and can we try and work this out together? By seven o'clock or nine four one four one oh four three? So your theory so far.
Speaker 3: I have a memory without consulting Google, that it's got to do with a clock face. Before they had scoreboards, they would look up at a clock and go all right, I've got fifteen points, you've got thirty. I've got thirty. Now forty's it's not a lot to go on, but something you do with the clock at the clock. Actually, the more I say it, the less it makes sense, because who cares if the clockface is up there and you could have simply.
Speaker 4: Seen the arguments.
Speaker 3: It's two o'clock, I've won, and you still could have gone like one, two, three, four five for each point you got.
Speaker 4: So there must have been whenever someone first started to play that game with the old wooden tennis rackets, they must have been aware how other sports were scored a bit easier.
Speaker 3: It's actually kind of how kids score. It's like if you win one point, it's like I've got fifteen points. Yes, now you don't thirty points.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Rob. It's in Frankston. He wants to have a go at this. Rob.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. I've got an answer for the love part of the score.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you go, and that.
Speaker 8: Comes from French learf, which is the egg because an looks like zero.
Speaker 4: Now are you rob the accent? There? Are you a french Man?
Speaker 9: No, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm from north of England, but I did learn this in a French lesson.
Speaker 4: Now are you sure? Because I thought Rob, the egg was lnouf.
Speaker 8: There was the singular for egg is ef e a u f. I think the spelling is and so learn is there in French, and so the egg is liarf wow live fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. I love the fact that you can still recall that at memory at will, Rob, from the your years ago at school.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was what eleven or twelve a bit of trivia from a French teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How much of the French can you speak? Rob?
Speaker 9: Very little?
Speaker 3: I did ten years of Italian lessons Passo and Dariobano, whereas the bathroom is all I remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Rob cannot only talk about the matters of love in French but also order an egg, so you.
Speaker 3: Know, one egg?
Speaker 4: Yes, just one, just one, just one egg. Rob, Thank you very much for giving us a call. Have a good days.
Speaker 9: Thanks, good day.
Speaker 4: Let's go to scott So we're trying to work out how is the tennis system in scoring? How'd it come to me without going to Google? If you want to add any more? Nine four one one oh four three Scotty, good morning and happy new year.
Speaker 9: Good go on and goes to be new to you too.
Speaker 4: Scott, what do you reckon then? So so far we've got is possibly clocks and eggs and love and a zero.
Speaker 6: I'm actually going to go with with the clock face as well.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 6: I think it works because it's fifteen forty. Fifteen thirty forty is because of the same similar syllables, so fifteen thirty forty rather than forty five.
Speaker 4: But what then, this is those umpires set high in that check so you can't drag them down and punch them in the early day. What did you want forty? This is not This is only getting muddy syllables? What's scoring in any sports based on syllables? You've won syllables.
Speaker 3: The number one thing a sport must have is consistent syllables, so.
Speaker 4: Called AFL house getting to make up even more new rules not enough syllables. All right, Scott, thank you very much for trying.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Dougs on the line. Come morning, Doug, Good morning christians. Hello mate. So we're trying to work out what is the scoring? What's the idea behind the scoring in tennis, but without consulting.
Speaker 11: They got lazy. Sixty was a very big number in those days, so the scoring of tennis used to be fifteen thirty forty five sixty was game, and they just got lazy, and so they dropped the five off a lot, like lot of people that played tennis, so they say fifth thirty or other than fifteen thirty. So I surprise, it hasn't gone too five thirty these days.
Speaker 4: So when you say they got lazier, we talk about the French.
Speaker 11: The scoring absolutely because but Henry the eights of this game, and they used to say ten airs before they started to serve, which meant get ready or take hold, and then he said what is this game?
Speaker 4: Tenais?
Speaker 11: And then he took it back to England and they got bastardized into tennis.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Really, so what did the French call it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: The French French are written the game is called Jude deportm. The monks used to say it, and they used to say that they were too much playing instead of playing. It was a bit like the street game, and they played off walls and the balls were handmade and they used to play with their palm hands before the rackets came along. So the game has been going around six hundred years. It's against the modern game, which was originally lawn tennis. Was right outside it was the court was an hourglass shape and they used to serve at one and received at the other in the court wasn't symmetrical like it is today.
Speaker 4: This is brilliant. How do you know all this, Doug?
Speaker 11: My life is mont tennis.
Speaker 4: Ah see, you enjoyed the ow.
Speaker 11: I've already been to the Open, yes, like enough to get a past present of tickets from Wayne and read think you won't I feel listing. Yeah, He's basically made Australian championships austraight and Open back in the seventies. Now I've got something for you strange enough as an ancient real tennis court in Richmond which is hidden away in the back blox, which you wouldn't probably known about. No idea, which is the same game I still played at Tampton Court in England but Henry days bill. So I would like to offer you a hit of real tennis, but you'll have to wear all white and we'll teach you the real games of tens of real tennis.
Speaker 4: Which is we're rich whereabouts in Richmond? Is it? Or do that? Don't know?
Speaker 11: I can pay that over the air.
Speaker 3: Tennis court.
Speaker 4: It's very close to but there's no history here in Richmond.
Speaker 11: It's very close to Bridge Road and and Pattern Road exactly.
Speaker 3: Have a look out the window.
Speaker 9: You could probably see it.
Speaker 4: Once we look. Where you see is all the junkies stuff like that. So I don't know if they use it or something shooting up the lines. I don't know what's going on, but we're going to have a look, all right, Doug, So remind us again. Then, so it's six hundred years old tennis and it came it was a French game that the English stole.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it started as a street game around Tussy, and then the monks started playing, and then the royalty got involved. Charles the second actually he said and died going into a real tennis court. And then it's been in history. Honey was actually having one of his wife's to the to the chopping block while he was having a game.
Speaker 4: All in history here.
Speaker 11: So come on down.
Speaker 4: That's casual, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Are you going to the Gullantee service today?
Speaker 4: No, I'm got on court booked to two and I've got to be out by three.
Speaker 11: And my last one, the French Revolution was actually on a tennis but where because they couldn't leave me to their local meeting hall. So the Oath of Versailles is actually on an old real tennis court.
Speaker 4: This is brilliant, so much knowledge you've dropped with us today, Doug. Thank you very much. You're giving us a call mate. We've got to go. Cheers, Buddy'll see you one court.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We need to start whitling down our top seven that's what we landed on yesterday of possible names for our bush Fire beer that goes into production next Wednesday, so only seven days time. But by ten o'clock today we have to have named it so we can get artwork and all of that and you can buy it very very early. It's February, middle of February, yep, so not long at all, but it gets made next week. We need the name by ten o'clock this morning.
Speaker 3: And on their Facebook page, oh see one O four three, you can see the top seven names and vote for them as well. But it's not a poll. We will have the final decision yeah, it's our beer.
Speaker 4: We're going to name the final beer. However, the moment I saw that yesterday, it was between two really risen to the top Heroes Brew or Heroes Gold? Is it Heroes Gold? Heroes Gold and Koala Beer. Those were the two that will weigh in fronts between those two? All right, then till the next twenty minutes, then still getting emails and focals coming in about couple of the topics yesterday from fire top at Tuesday. One of them after I found out about this cricketer Vic cricketer Michael Beer, and I want to know if any of you have a surname that is a drink. We did not speaking to Fred Sherry and the amazingly named David Martini on yesterday's show. I've had an email from yesterday who said loads of people came up to work a work to a yesteressa and you've got to contact the show Vanessa, Matthaeus, Jim and Matthaeus Rose, Mum and Dad. When I drove bottle, yeah, it had that that e fake sort of wicker basket that it came in and then people put a can in it once they'd empted it out and it became an ornament. This is what we had in the You don't know the Joy of the Matthaeus Rose. A couple of years ago. I actually went. I saw it in a bottle shop, Mattheus Rose. I didn't know they were still selling it, and I got some Uh it was still it's still in that wicker basket. No, yeah, do you remember it's like a big sort of booty at the bottom of it, long neck? Did your parents?
Speaker 3: I'm just googling it now to have a look at that.
Speaker 5: I seen.
Speaker 4: It was in every house. Remember my parents down a copy of a Dire Straight Soundum when it came out of LCD in houses everywhere. So, yeah, Vanessa Mattheus, great name. We can add her to Fred Sherry and David Martini. So the rest of twenty twenty for me is an open invitation if you ever find anyone, or come across anyone, or you are somebody who has a surname that is a drink. The other one we got some great calls on was about seeing your teachers in public, out in the wild, seeing your teachers out in the wild. We had this great call yesterday, Bruce good Morning.
Speaker 9: First year of the university. A few friends and I decided to go to a restaurant we hadn't been to before, and they had some entertainment which was a belly downcer. She got a bit close to the teable. It turns out it was my chemistry.
Speaker 4: Profession Wendy, Good morning.
Speaker 12: My husband went to.
Speaker 7: A strip club with some of his mates and saw one of his teachers there.
Speaker 13: Now man or woman, male male teacher watching the show.
Speaker 4: Those are great, so we're looking for more stories after Ruby. When we were flying back from bar and Bay last week, was sat directly behind could have been anywhere else in a flight, but directly behind one of her teachers from school. These came in after a show yesterday, Christian, I saw our physics teacher out of school and he was smoking. When we asked him giggling. The next day he said he was just sharpening a piece of chalk with his teeth. The guy was a total legend. Mister Granger, r ap, that's going Stewart, Thank you for that, Christian. We saw my media studies teacher selling a communist magazine one day on the high street. My dad complained to the school that he might corrupt our minds. Magazine. That's brilliant, the mister granger of the legend. All right, So if you've seen your teachers out and about your surnames the.
Speaker 1: Drink, give us a call this morning the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I just had a quick look you can stall. For those of you are raised in the eighties like me and Patsy, you can still buy Matteo Rose. Seriously, pats is available at b W West.
Speaker 2: Really, I'll get some tonight.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have the old wicker kind of basket that it used to come in, that dark green bottle that our mums and dads would drink and then put a candle in the top of it.
Speaker 3: All I can think looking at the shape of a big circle bowl at the bottom. Terrible for space when shipping, like you could only fit three or four bottles where you could fit ten bottles of wine.
Speaker 2: You didn't ship back in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Side jack No, no, no, but the company you know shipping the mart to like the stores and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's nice for Jackson concernable shipping, you know so often there's so much entertaining comedy. When he brought it down to is this a new thing? Have you had a book or something over Christmas?
Speaker 3: And about ship By the time it's the whole truck, you might fit five hundred where you can fit.
Speaker 4: Tell me what we do? What do we hear our four hours to about shipping our bush fire beer? What's we got the name is? How are we going to stack it? You know? Radio Jenger? All right? So seeing your teacher in the world, when did you see your teacher out about? And is your surname a drink? That's why we've got gone down a wormhole talking about Mats Rose. We have a listen to the show Vanessa Mattheus, which is awesome. All right, we have Viv on the line. Come on and Viv, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: When I was about ten, I saw sister Michelle and the lingerie department at the target shop. Who knew nuns?
Speaker 8: More Andy, Well, you don't.
Speaker 4: Think that nuns went command though? It's not like none. Basic instinct has.
Speaker 3: To be the title of today's show.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. So was she dressed in her Habit was she dressed as in a nun.
Speaker 12: Outfit, in a nun outfit, But by then they'd moved sort of to the brown skirts. Cream blousers. So, but little crosses on the collars, so we knew.
Speaker 4: I'd like to think so is Target you saw them? Yes, I'd like to think that nuns and priests gets some kind of discount and they're not paying fullback for clothes money? Is Target? You know there is going to personally, didn't they pay with all the collection money as well? How much as if? Thank you very much?
Speaker 1: She cool, have a good day. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We need to get into moving towards from a long list of the shorter list of seven possible names for our bushfire relief beer. And I thought before we start going getting into that, I think it's a reminder of like why we want to do this, why this is important, because you know, the rebuild is going to be coming and the bush fires could pick up again over the next couple of weeks. We don't know what's going to happen. But the reason why we came up last week with the idea of wanting to do something with a beer was to actually support the work that the everyday heroes, and that's what you all are are doing, whether it's the firefighters, the CFA, but also all the volunteers we've spoken to listen to the show are trying to do their bit, like this guy who sent me an email a couple of days ago, Steve Steve, good morning, Good morning, Christian. I'm good listen. First of all, thank you very much much for everything you're doing and also for reaching out to me with your email. Why don't you tell everyone what you put in your email to me the other day? Mate?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, So a group of my mates where we headed up to Bandsdale actually on Sunday and then drove into Bucking and beat the long and had a bit of a look and drive around and what the biggest thing we found is like farm fencing is just destroyed everywhere, and there's cattle all running around on the road and that. So, like what our plan is this next weekend, going like a straight a weekend, we want to head up and just take some venting the tears with us and just see what we can do.
Speaker 8: To help some locals out there.
Speaker 10: I guess probably protect their cattle and like sort of help them rebuild in that way for now, I guess.
Speaker 4: So. And what do you do for living, Steve.
Speaker 10: I'm actually a plant operator and a few of my mates at carpenters and plumbers and concretors are sort of all just going up and just using their hands really and just see what we can do to alp from out. For now. It's like a lot of them are still waiting on insurance. A lot of them even don't even know where to start, to be honest, to say this, we can sort of help them now to get to start somewhere and to start. I guess, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's a really important start, Steve, because you're right, because everyone knows obviously then sure, but that's not the point. I mean, how many insurance claims are going to be coming.
Speaker 3: Through exactly and you can't I mean, yeah, running around everywhere to do today?
Speaker 4: What are you meant to do tomorrow? At the weekend? I mean, there'd be thousands of insurance claims you ever tried to claim on anything? Insurance ages? Okay, age of them?
Speaker 10: Yeah, a lot of them are just like I don't even know what to like. We're there and they don't even know what to say to us, say like, oh, we're sort of like I don't even want to ask for help enough. They don't even know where they're at. Sort of thing right outside earlier, I think, but we're dodging cattle as we're driving through people belong like it's just yeah, it's pretty scary.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, I bet well, Steve, this is great that we're all hearing this because I think we forget about this. Is that, yeah, we think we're supposed to bushfires aren't so heavy in the news at the moment that everything is okay, But but it isn't, and that's why it's great. As soon as you sent your email, I was like, this is that's why you know we still need to be doing what we can and why it's great that you and your mates are spending your long weekend Australia Day weekend going to help people out and actually practically helping people out, which is amazing. So if there is anyone listening right because there are a lot of people listened to the show Steve's fencing, why is that the kind of stuff you need to help this weekend?
Speaker 10: Ideally, I think that's all we can do for now to help me out. So we're trying to get much fun painting we can get, so you know, steal start pig, it's the wire, get timber around posts and we're going to we're possibly take an our own tractor up to drive the post in, so we just get anything to help help them.
Speaker 4: Really, I guess that's a pretty cool perfect you. You've got your own tractor and excavator and stuff like that work you can take up there, so if anyone is listening, that can help these guys out doing this amazing work this weekend. I think it's amazing what you're doing. You're exactly who we want to be. Our little thing is getting this beer going, Steve, You're exactly who i'd want to be buying a beer too. You and your mates to say thank you seriously, I think it's amazing what you're doing. And I think I know you think it's small going up there and swinging a hammer and put the fence post in, but I think that's a big thing there because they must just feel so alone out there, because those hours you're talking about are a long way from where we all are in our cozy homes and safe. They must just feel forgotten about now because they're not in the news. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I understand that we met at bloke Dave who he lost absolutely everything. He was about five minutes from losing his life as such, He's got his Caddy's dog and got in his car and he said he was driving through active fires to get out and he has no insurance as well, but exhausts absolutely everything. And he was sort of surprised when he's seen us when we rocked up, like he didn't didn't even know what to say when he's seen us. So people like that, we really want to go up and sort of help that I've got no one, I've got nothing.
Speaker 3: So how are you finding people, Steve? Are you just literally driving around the town and knocking on doors or are these friends and or friends of friends?
Speaker 10: Now one of my mates, we've just been bringing community centers and asking them if they know certain people, and they've put us onto a few people, and then so he went up and seen them and got a rough idea what they need help. And then we spent the rest today just driving through beep Along and just pulling you in journey Hair or anyone we've seen, and just seeing what we can do.
Speaker 4: You are your real life good Samaritans'. I aspire to be like you, Steve and your mates, I really do. I think it's inspiration of what.
Speaker 10: You're doing yeah, it's not even on that obviously. That Facebook page that you were talking about the other day, the training guards, and they're doing the same thing. We possibly going to meet up with a group of them. Robert and his mate went up Bucking as well last week putting a shirt up for someone. So I think we're going to try and catch up with him on this weekend and think we can all get together and yeah, all right, listen.
Speaker 4: So the big thing you need from us, and what we can do is just try and get you as many of these building materials that you need urgently for this week, discounted or free is what we should be talking about here. Free. So if there's anyone who can listen, please contact us this morning nine four one four one O four three. Steve will catch up with you again tomorrow as well. But honestly, thanks so much for the email. I think it's brilliant what you and your friends are doing. You're a good man, Steve.
Speaker 10: That awesome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for that, all right, buddy, We speak to soon. Good luck jeer guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Danian Brunswick, Christian dunaver is too late have you named the beer. Yeap just turned on the show. Bear should be called Hidden Hero for all the everyday people like Steve being heroes. That's a great name. Now, Danny, the deadline is by the end of today's show, we have to have all of us agreed on a name. We did at the end of yesterday's show. Whittle down your hundreds and it is seriously hundreds of ideas of what we should call this Bushfire beer. If you just tuned in or you're coming back to the show after a break, we want to do our little thing for bushfire relief, and we decided that we're going to launch our own beer. We weren't doing this if it hadn't been for last week. I had the idea and then we spoke to a independent brewery here in Melbourne called Hawkers, who have been absolutely incredible. Jack went actually out there today. They're brewery is actually near where you live, and you pumped in to see Marsin, the guy who was responded to our call for a brewer that we could partner up with to try and make this bushfire relief. Yeah, and they're just.
Speaker 3: As enthusiastical as we are about making it, and they're doing it for the right reasons as well, Like so many people in Victorian around the country, they just want to help in any way they can, and they've got a brewery set up and they're really excited to start ruining this beer with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so next Wednesday, next Wednesday they can start making it. It's going to be a larger We need a name for it is the quickest thing we need right now. And then in the middle of February you're better bart. We give you plenty of details about that. You be to buy Dan Murphy in can to b wus as well, and also it's going to be going to kegs in pubs too. But right now we really need the name. So I'll take you through the top seven in a minute. Before that some of the names that came in yesterday. See if we want to add any to these, how about Radio Lager as in the Queens song Radio Gaga. So I guess it would kind of be like Radio Lager. I like, I think is it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: The jingle's good. Again, it doesn't really blend itself anything.
Speaker 4: To do with the fire relief part of the beer, but generating a lot of the future beers we're going to not chart. We basically we're moving into the alcohol area at last. But that's not the beer right now, but soon it will be. What about this one? A lot of you have called up the radio station after the show, which I'm really moved by, to try and do your bit to help us with this bushfire relief beer, and Cheryl called up yesterday with this idea. She called, Maria, are resmptuous with this one? Put out the fire. I don't really think that is a tasteful or what you want to be shouting in a pub put out the fire with what's going on right now. But Cheryl, thank you very much. She called got something Christian, Debbie here for Lower plenty. Hi Debbie and Lower Plenty she's there. She likes to name Golden Hero because this name of the radio station. She thinks everyone whose heroes have been getting involved. She has also asked her local Ida Express yesterday can they find out about stocking it as well? Debbie, thank you very much for that. Christian. I think the name of the beer should be called Bloody Lengends. Josie, I think that's a typo. Do you mean legends? I know what a lengend is here. I'm still learning about some of the words you say, Flannny Lengans. You say after you've had a couple of bloody legends. This guy's gone crazy. No, sorry, Judy, Sorry, Judy. Chris and I start brainstorm in the office yesterday. Southern Blaze, Southern Gold, Southern Blue Blaze, Biter Blaze, Brew Blaze, Oh, Southern Blue, Blazing Beauty, Southern Gold, Kanga Blue, Flaming Blaze, Flaming Brue, Flaming Us, Flaming Bitter. Hope you like them, Thank you very much, Judy for all of them. They're superb Christian. I love this idea. I'm an se Yes volunteer and I am my voters for something called cheers, Mate, Beer, raizor Glass to all the farmers volunteers you've been speaking to and bushfire here is all coming together to help each other out, even pomics like you. Thank you, Von. All right, Jack, take us through the top seven that we announced yesterday. Then what have we got?
Speaker 3: Heroes Laga, Heroes, Brew and Heroes, Gold, Fiery's Frothies, pot of Gold, thank you, Laga and Koala Beer all right?
Speaker 4: Just based on our friends on Facebook over and our Facebook home there OC one, O four three. What have they been saying in the last twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: So we've had a huge response online, actually a very broad response. Of any of those seven been people's favorite, the two that probably stand out the most are Heroes Gold and Koala Beer on the Facebook and Twitter comments.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go. Let's take some calls right now. You're our focus group as always. What do you think? I think hero heroes in the in the in the on the can would be great.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of working into walking into Bargo.
Speaker 4: I'll have a hero yeah, and what like we said that the idea of this week with it's like raising a glass to all those heroes and the acts of raising that glass of a thank you and gratitude, also raising some money for charity as well, is a win win. The christ a Breakfast Tube podcast trying to get a great name from Bushfire relief beer that goes in production a week today and then middle of February's will it be available for you to buy? Terry Good Morning ce f A which is a larger Caring for Australia. Christian what about thank Brew?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Christian? What about Gold relief. Again, some of these you go into another sort of different brand that maybe if there's money in that kind of stuff, maybe we can start hiring Jack as some kind of stud out about gobled relief. There's a lot of different spin offs where we're launching at the moment, but we need a focus this morning, Shelley in some of it Heroes, Beer, heroes drop. Let's go do word Jane, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Jane, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you. I'm good. So we're trying to name this beer. We've got to name it by ten o'clock. What do you reckon, Jane?
Speaker 13: I definitely go for the Hero's Gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's all right.
Speaker 13: Yeah. And I can just see got people in pubs and those you know, sort of cheering to here's the Hero's Gold, you know, and we say things are gold in Australia when we talk referring to some of the cliches that we use. And I think that it would be brilliant. I just think it would carry on forever. I think it's absolutely the best.
Speaker 4: This radio station named after one of those gold cliches. If you don't like work on the station, I'm joking, Bears, Wow, just a mic drop there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: You're quite right. Well, we're quite right. We can't have confusion at the bar.
Speaker 13: To get it right. Animals want to get it right, absolutely brill All.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you very much.
Speaker 13: Pay you.
Speaker 4: Any Did you stand on the subthing?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: Why are you laughing? I don't know, I don't know right now? All right, Jane, thank you very much. Alive on that cliche FM, all right, thank you. It feels like Jane's stuck in the system. Justin, good morning, Justin, Yeah, hell are you? Yeah, we're good? Justin? What do you reckon about naming our bush fire relief beer? Justin?
Speaker 14: Well, obviously I recon heroes Lago. I mean, because not all heroes were cakes, so you've got to you've got to put heroes in there. But heroes gold is good because you've got gold through the station as well. The heroes Lago. I mean, I mean, I don't even drink, but I'm prepared to buy the US to support my family, to support this great Corgis come up with. And not only that, I reckon as a logo, you've got to have a Koala chewing onto the Gamil's but a fire hat in front of it. I mean you can't go pass that. Yeah, it's Australian all over and it's thanks to you guys coming up with it. It's gonna it's going to provide a lot for these people that are affected.
Speaker 4: Wow, we're just doing a little bit justin thank you very much supporting anyway, even if you're not going to drink this stuff, that you're going to get it for family and friends. It's very kind of you appreciate that. No worries, all right, So I reckon we're heading towards some kind of variation on heroes. Yeah, well we sure we.
Speaker 3: I mean now Nicolls I took as well during the song. That was kind of the overwhelming feeling about it. Other than people throwing in their new last minute suggestions, some.
Speaker 4: Of them just to send in two sort of funny pub quiz names, don't they a Night in Shining Lager? It's not.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So for us, just after eight o'clock and a Wednesday means we are exactly into the second half. Okay, we've done the first half of the week on the shows at eight o'clock on a Wednesday and so I always in my mind I like to think so far this week Monday, Tuesday, a little bit of Wednesdays and halftime. It's a review of how the week has gone so far, and in sporting terms, I kind of think, am I winning, losing or drawing? And I have to turn right now excited as I am about launching the beer. Right now, I am losing because after today's show, I'll be heading out to Vic Rhodes because over the last couple of weeks, someone kindly, probably a Fox FM listener, has stolen one of my number plates. The police worked me up at five am to alert me to this.
Speaker 3: Terrify the fact that in Bayside police will come to your door when your number plate stolen means there is no crime.
Speaker 4: Well it is Bayside, Jack, When I say police is our private estate police we have in Gerald. I've told you about waking in five The sprinkler is not working again. So anyway, someone stole my front number plate, got halfway through ripping off the back one before getting disturbed. And so the last couple of weeks been ringing up finding out if I can have it back. At one point it was with forensics being fingerprinted. Then they went, oh no, it's gone back to vic Roads. So if you've had this aven before, you have to go to vic Roads. So I've got my one loan number plate in my back today with my pack lunch. It's a showbiz bag, Eddie is the way we roll the wildlife I lead you know DJ by morning. Vic Rhodes is where I'll be heading today. And if you've ever been to vic Ros, you work really hard. It's a busy old place, isn't it. There's no velvet rope for us Dick Breakfast DJ.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets a number from the same.
Speaker 4: The deli counter and it's not like you're waiting for your lucky number to come up. So today I've actually taken a book because I.
Speaker 3: Could be there for the day, could be there for the day, so we might not even be in by this time.
Speaker 4: In the morrow morning you'll be crossing to me. I'm fifteenth in the line, so yea, I'm off to vic Roast to get some brand new number plates today. So that is why I'm losing the week so far, halftime, but all to.
Speaker 2: Play for personalized plates this time.
Speaker 4: Yes, I yeah, I've got whatever we call the bee I'm going to get that on that nice touch it will. Yeah, hero, just driving around. Somebody call me a hero, but.
Speaker 3: Just one of you guys.
Speaker 4: Jacket, I'm not wearing a cape. No want a cape. It's in the book, all right, Jack? Are you winning losing? Or during the week at half time?
Speaker 3: I would have to say I'm losing as well?
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 3: One kneel down at the moment, I'm not being recognized for some hard work that I've done.
Speaker 4: It's just on the show.
Speaker 3: No, it's not on the show.
Speaker 4: Cleary.
Speaker 3: My sister in law's got engaged and she wants to ask Biank and my wife to be her maid of honors. Lovely, she's in the US. She wrote a poem and sent it to me on email. I then she wanted me to, in nice handwriting, write it out, get some special paper to write it onto. I can emboss it and yep, go to my wife's favorite plant shop, buy a house plant, come back, tie the handwritten poem onto the house plant, put it in front of the front door, knock on the door, run away, hide and film her reaction. Now I've done all that.
Speaker 4: If I asked you to do that for a listener that had seconds left to live. You go, no, I can't. Got Franklin personal trainer. Wouldn't he say that bad? This is too much? How to be honest, No way.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm feeling underappreciated, because now Bianca plus her whole family is going, Oh my god, did you see what her sister did? It was so lovely, all the efforts she put in.
Speaker 4: I did the work. You need a pint of heroes drop. I'm angry for you one of these days, and we expect you to do loads of stuff, and then the old film their reaction hide film that well, we got all we filmed with our reactions. Now you're wary of getting any surprise that you've got to look surprised or act surprised to give her enough of a reaction shot.
Speaker 3: What I really wanted to film was the time lapse of all the work I put in, the many hours driving to the store, back.
Speaker 2: Writing the note, wait to the wedding. They'll get you to MC the whole event. You'll be doing everything that is a lot.
Speaker 4: Are you doing it?
Speaker 3: I've done it. This is why I had to do over the last three days.
Speaker 4: Did you film the reaction I filmed it. Is it a good reaction? She saw me?
Speaker 3: So no, I didn't hide.
Speaker 4: Hi, Jack out and post don't worry. I did exactly what I did.
Speaker 3: I said, no, you weren't meant to see me. Go back behind the door. I'm going to I'm going to knock again, and then don't look at me this time. But she still came out and did one of those where the eyes quickly glance up at the camera and glance back again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Do you think Sam Pang has to go and queue at vic Rhoades?
Speaker 3: That's why he gets to the show late. He gets the big words, early gets his number.
Speaker 4: Josh does two hours looked yesterday? See how early to the open? I don't know what I thought might see At five am. I could swing by my way into Richmond to the radio station God on a four point three morning, eight twenty seven, So midway through the week in terms of us for the show, So chance to see how the first half has gone so far this week? How's it for you so far? Are you winning, losing or drawing your week? Patsy, Jack and I both down at the moment. We're losing me too.
Speaker 2: I'm down because we're getting a new fridge delivered today or other one carped it.
Speaker 4: But they can't What do you mean, what when you're away?
Speaker 2: Yes, got homes if find our fridge did, but they can't give us. You know how they normally give you a window of time in which to be home, Like they might say we will deliver between eight and twelve or twelve and five, but they won't where we've got it. They won't give us that. They've just said, oh, can we assume that someone will be home all day?
Speaker 4: All day? Is not acceptable on these days in our busy lives. Everyone just trying to make ends meet has got time just to take a day off exactly to wait for a new fridge.
Speaker 2: That's what I said to them yesterday. I said, No, we both work, so I don't know what's going to happen, whether.
Speaker 4: We have it delivered here or something carried on. Guys are going to be out there reception a minute. Jack and I could lug it in the back of that little chugger bugger drive around in.
Speaker 2: So who knows when it will turn up.
Speaker 4: That's a nightmare. So what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well, we've got the grog fridge in the garage. We're using that as a standby.
Speaker 4: But like there's sometimes we've got carrybacks hanging out windows of key stuff cool, you know, like chickens. So what are you doing today to get your new fridge?
Speaker 3: We'll receive the delivery.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just pot luck whether they come or not.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, Catherine's on the line. Let's see how were her week's doing so far at halftime? Catherine, what's it for you at half time? Are you winning, losing or drawing your week?
Speaker 7: Ah, Christian, I'm having the biggest win of the year so far.
Speaker 4: Excellent. What's happening massive?
Speaker 7: Well, we've got a trade organized to build our back deck. And not only did he show up, he showed up on time, and he showed up three days.
Speaker 13: In a row on time.
Speaker 4: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: Well, what a start. I don't know what it says, Catherine. It sounds like you're saying all other trades are unreliable, which is exactly what she's saying.
Speaker 7: They a lot are a lot of them, just don't even bother showing.
Speaker 4: Up This station and this show is the trade's best friend. I stand by my trading brothers and sisters. They are not late.
Speaker 7: Well they might not be for you, but they are for us. But this guy is amazing, so I want to give him a shout out. His name's Nick and he's from nine to three carpentry and Mornington you know ophop Central.
Speaker 4: And what are you doing? Of course mornings And I get it now? Why having a nice deck built out the back there? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely you're probably sitting on one deck watching the other deck get built.
Speaker 4: Ye, they have a holiday deck. They get to another deck.
Speaker 7: We've got the holiday deck, We've got the formal deck, We've got the casual deck.
Speaker 4: Kid got wing of decks. Catha, goodneing, thank you very much and cool, have a good day. And what on the seriously we do like trades and still no one was calling from vic Roads down.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Shown email from our listeners. Her daughter becomes a teenager this weekend, she turns thirteen. She's written to me and she wants to know what changes we have got time? We have not got time. Things change in so many ways. Things change. You're lucky to have them. Get still, get some glorious moments, but things changed and I actually did feel it lou over this h This was the first sort of holiday we've had where I really feel how they have gone from little girls to young women, young women that are enjoying being young women there and become in their power and lady ways late. Wow, it's.
Speaker 3: Carefully I'll just say. We went to a lovely barbecue at your house, my wife and I over the Christmas break, and you were a defeated man. You're almost resigned to the fact that there was nothing that could be done. The teenagers out were all their own worlds, and you no longer parent home.
Speaker 4: It's like Planet the apes, you know them taken over, you're taking captive. That's exactly how it is. At one point on the holiday, then they both spotted, so they've got thirteen year old and fifty on. They both spotted. There were two boys there kind of age at this hotel. We were staying at five in Margaret River, and I was like, I should go on chats on and stuff like that, and we all had to go back and get changed before going to lunch. And when I said, look, you go ahead, your mum's taking ages. I now have to wait Apparently I'm not to leave for alone to walk the two hundred yards to the hotel. So I have to do what normally, which is yetting come. That's we're going on for twenty one years, that it's taking it so long just going for lunch. Why need to get ready for lunch anyway? I then got a phone call for what my daughters is going. Oh, she's whispering, right, those are hotties. Those hotties are at the table next to us when you and mom coming, don't sit with us. Carry on walking, don't even look at us, don't do not do anything funny, don't even think about trying to save it funny. Don't look at us, carrying walking to the end of the restaurant. Do you know what the sad thing is about this? I actually did as I was. I walked past him as another part of me died and sat down there like that, and I was like, this is just brutal, brutal, all right, And I behaved, Okay, I behaved, and later on I was allowed to go and see them. The two hotty boys right had gone off to do something and they went to me. Well, the eldest guy, Carl or whatever, it is called Carl. He goes your dad keeps giving us the death stare at the swim pool. So they went, can you lighten up? I went No.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: This next bit's going to be very hard for us because we've got some sad news. Peter Logan lost his life about two weeks ago. And Peter, youw know, is one of you, one of us, amazing guy, brilliant, brilliant listener and lived in the UK for a couple of years, Ozzie guy, brilliant family, Shan and his kids, and he sent me an email. It was roughly about a year ago. He had stage four ternal belt cancer and he was just reaching out to see if there was any way I could raise awareness to a lot of our listeners that were over fifty. You get sent the test, but you don't do it. And sadly Peter was one of those guys that didn't do it, and so I actually invited him to come in on the show because I thought there's one better to talk about that and spread his message of positivity from something so sad than Peter himself. When he came in, we gave the show over to him and it became the Peter Logan Breakfast Show and he was he was outstanding, wasn't He was just it was just brilliant, yep, really funny, and it was one of those hours of radio where no one really likes everyness about it. No one likes talking about cancer. It scares us because of what's happened to Peter. He's not here, and it removes it removes hope from family. It's strips of family members, and it's not just the loss of a lice. There's the loss of everybody else around them as well. And I've lost too many family members to cancer, and I know that a lot of you would have had as well. So but Peter came in a year ago and he was amazing and his big message was he had a big drive about do the test. You're going to send the test. You're lucky in this country they send it out when you're over fifty to do the test. And we called it the Peter Logan effect because you obviously had a very big reaction. People aren't used to people on the radio talking about cancer, and Peter did at breakfast time, and it was a great thing that he did because cancer is itself. It's a shadow, isn't as what you fear about? Hearing about on X ray and he dragged it out, the shadows and his Peter Logan to fight way and he was gradually getting worse to the ten end of last year, and me and producer Brad went to see him at Christmas. He was home with his family and we had a lovely couple of hours when Sharon said, look at the end is knee And I was dreading going to see He was such a strong, define fit man who attacked life, and I was really nervous about seeing him. But when I saw him, he didn't look like He actually looked in better shape than me and Brad. And for a couple of hours he was holding court out in his back deck and swapping stories and in a true Peter Logan funny way, it was a funny, funny guy as well. His wife went away to get some medication, I think, and he said to me, he said, I just want to be dead by May. And I was like, all right, why May, it's a dead signe he goes. I just and this is what it is to be a sports fan, right. People don't get this if you're not a proper sports fan because sometimes his sport, another team's success actually feels like you're losing something, and this is spoken like a true sports fan. Pete was a big EPL fan. He supported Arsenal and I, like a lot of Arsenal fans, I don't like any other team's success. And he said, I just need to be dead by May because I do not want to see Liverpool lift that cup, which I thought, even with what he's going through, he's still a funny, funny guy. And Peter was a very very funny man. So the one thing out of if there's any little glimmer of hope, and today's his memorial service, so I'll be thinking a showeron and his lovely daughters and his son as well. Is that actually his words? It's really going to hurt us to play this, but his words they have a meaning. And Peter's lost his life. But that doesn't need to mean that you need to so Pete, let's play your words again. He's said them better than meat. Yeah.
Speaker 15: The blokes in this country or the people in this country, they just have such a laybout. I don't feel sick, so I'm fine. I didn't feel sick at fifty either. But it wasn't until I felt secret fifty two that I actually did something about it. So I don't wait to feel sick, because then it's too late. So go out do the tests. Make sure that you do it regularly. Don't just do it at fifty do it at fifty two. You get another one every two years. A staggering, a staggering statistic. Only forty seven percent of the tests that go out from the government get returned, only forty seven percent. You're a long time dead. Enjoyed the time that you hear. Really, really, that's what the message is. Every single day you wake up and something is going to go wrong. You know, you can't stop things from going wrong in life, but you know what, it's how you deal with it. That's the secret. You've got to make sure that you can overcome whatever it is to put in front of you. And because a lot of time you can't stop it from happening. So don't stop. Don't try and stop it. Don't concentrate on trying to stop, but just concentrate on trying to make sure that you can come out the other side of it forever.
Speaker 4: Our friend Peter Logan who passed away two weeks ago memorial service. Today we be thinking a shower and his lovely daughters and his son as well, and all of the family and friends that be going. Thank you very much, Peter for everything you did for us on the show as well. And let's not let the thing that we called last year, That's what I was trying to say earlier, was about the Peter Logan effect. It was where people were so moved by what he was talking about. You know, this is a man who had stage four terminal bell cancer, but he wanted to actually come and not talk about myself and talk about you who might be a similar age. You know, you get sent that test to get shoved away. You heard Peter, and that little clip there took him out forty seven percent. Only forty percent actually return them. So please let's keep the Peter Logan effect going. Okay, let's learn one thing from it, and that is to do the test. So please do the test. But I just want to play that for Peter today as well the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I know there's a bit of a gear change. What are we to talking about? But Peter wouldn't want it any other way. He enjoyed this show. So all right then, so today's that work time wasster. We have to join the last hour of the show by ten o'clock. We have a beer to name. We have to agree on what the name is, so we need to do that during the next hour. Right now, we've got a brand new at work Time Waste as we are in the brewing business now with our new friends Hawkers Brewery. This time next week I'll bill we're going into production. We're going to name it in the next hour. This is a bush bushfire relief beer as well that we're going to be producing that you can buy in a couple of weeks. Time at work Time Waste. Every day this week one of you wins two hundred bucks to spend at South Melbourne night Market. We're looking for boozy films today, said, we were talking so much about beer and alcohol. I've got this something about bloody Mary want to hung over the cuckoo's nest. That's better Wallace and vomit Dude wears my Carlton hoton, the Curious case of Benjamin's Bourbon and Long Island Iced Et, Long Island Iced Eat. Those are my boozy films.
Speaker 3: What have you got Jack, Vicky Christina buys Corona. Now that is that is a sleep.
Speaker 4: You can't tell us it's good when Pats and I aren't laughing.
Speaker 3: No, it's a sleeper. You'll later take Christina and Barcelona Bar's corona.
Speaker 4: That is very funny. Who wears my cart?
Speaker 3: And dry mead? The parents mead me mead is a honey. One of the oldest drinks Medievil beer, the Thomas Crown lager affair. And you've got ale. Vicky Christina buys Corona.
Speaker 4: My first reaction will be my only reaction to the okay then, so hopefully you can do more with your boozy films. Today two hundred dollars up for grabs. Spend at South Melbourne Night Market. Text them in As always.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I forgot to tell you guys this Tello. Weeks ago. I was in a bar my wife, right, this big tall dude comes over to me goes, I've got a problem with you, and I was like, oh no, he doesn't like they showed him. In the first six months, we'll get in everywhere in the security. Everyone had a problem with me, and I was like, I thought it passed. That went yes, and he goes at work time waste. I send them in every morning. I'm telling you now, mine are really funny. They never get read out on air. I'll talk to you Rod the Brickie.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I thought it was Huggy. No, he comes in here and every morning and says the same thing. Yes, I will say he's Rob.
Speaker 4: Rob, hasn't it? So I said to Rod, text them in and put the name Rod the Brickie. Then when we look out for I said, they will be marked fairly. Okay, there are a reason why we haven't read them out on there. They're probably not very funny. You just don't want to hear that. He was shoe which as well, but a lovely guy. He actually bought me a drink. He spat in it beforehand, but he did buy me a drink. So Roth the Bricky put them on for tomorrow so we can see this gold. Okay. This is and remains almost controversial feature of this. Honestly, every day someone emails me upset with either they didn't get March or they didn't like the bronze. They thought it was a gold all right, today's one then, because in the next ten minutes, ten or fifteen minutes of we announcing the name of far Our Bushfire Relief Beer will look if you're boozy. Movies two hundred dollars up for grabs at South Melbourne Night Market Shop, Eat and Play Tonight's days of Chunder's Silver plus My Big Fat Yak Wedding Silver, Ferris Brewer's Day Off Silver, Single Malt female Gold. Some like it hot toddy gold. What is a hot toddy? It's like a wall whiskey. The people haven't even have it warmed up. You've got a sore throat, you're not feeling very well. You've been out in the cold. You have a hot toddy warm alcohol. Uh, honey, I drunk the cans. Oh man, that is.
Speaker 8: The gold.
Speaker 4: It's the word of cans. It's such a hard drum thing. Not honey, I drunk the wine. Honey, I drunk the car. Philip in Cranmorn that is that is really funny. Twelve years of Scotch, Bronze Tequila, Mockingbirds heard it. Bronze Forest, Drunk Gold, Breakfast at Tipsy's Silver, The Secret Life of Water Malibu. Not very Good Silver minus the Bourbon Identity Silver. I know what you did last Bender Gold, Interstellar Arts Gold, Guinness in the midst Gold, Hot Stuffy time we have this come this year, come up with a feature called Hot Stubby time Machine. Don't know what it is, but man, that's funnier Man Gold plus Lord of the Pims Gold. I don't think we can read that one out. One that's really offensive. No. Ten things I hit about brew Silver when Harry met Shandy, so I don't know why I got there. Thought of a Shandy Gold cask away Gold. But the winner this morning, well I love it. Drunk the Drunk the cans no.
Speaker 3: Better than Hot Stubby. Oh no, it was the original and the best honey. I drunk the cans year.
Speaker 4: After the night Market tonight with two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Well down everyone, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's time now for us to name what we're gonna call our bushfire relief beer. Well, we came back Monday. We said how Jack and I were so pressed two weeks ago. We came back and we did a little show amongst all the bushfires and all the stories of people just doing whatever they could to go and help out, to volunteer, to dig in, to do something small, something big, to help out. And we then thought we need to do something on the show. We've got this microphone, we've got this station. What can we do? And whilst we're off, I thought maybe a beer. See how much we all love beer. Australians love a beer. At the end of the week, maybe just by raising a beer, we can raise some money for the bushfire relief here in Victoria. And that is what we're doing. And so we're about to name the beer. There have been hundreds and hundreds of phone calls, emails, texts of a wide variety in quality of what we should call a beer. Some of them you what you think is etceterable to shout out in a bar is quite frankly staggery. But anyway, bless you, thank you very much for getting behind this. As always I said Monday, it's a thing we're going to be doing together. And the first thing is the name. There's an other things we need to do to try and get this out there and get this as sould it be available in the middle of February and it goes into production in a week's time and that is thanks to this Guy's on the line now, Marson from Hawker's Brewery. Marson Hi Kerson, So listen once more. Thank you very very much for responding to our call last week. Our sos, could we find a brewery that could turn it around quickly and we'd be up for this, And you guys have leapt up to it. And you've also contented to Dan Murphy b W. West and you've got them to stock it as well, which is amazing.
Speaker 9: Thank you for coming up with the idea.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's all right. And Jack dropped in to see the other day.
Speaker 9: Absolutely absolutely, and he was just in the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I'd be suspicious that Jack is never just in the Neighborhood's always after something I was.
Speaker 3: I was by coincidence driving past. It's a great brewery, Manson. Thanks for taking me and showing me around.
Speaker 9: My pleasure anytime.
Speaker 4: Now. Okay, we have a name.
Speaker 9: That is so exciting.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 4: Now? It's gonna I just want you to just don't even tell me what you think. Just let it in, breathe it. In a couple of seconds, I'll give you the name yet, all right, and then I need you to imagine it in the pub, okay where people go and ask for this and what this is all about. Raising a glass of gratitude and thank you to all the amazing people who are doing their bits and have already done their bit as well. Those people are everyday heroes. And our beer is going to be called Heroes Gold.
Speaker 9: That is awesome.
Speaker 16: That is such a great name and it's you're absolutely right, raising a glass to the heroes, absolutely right, all the unsung people who have done amazing things to help others.
Speaker 9: That is great.
Speaker 4: Ah bless you didn't even need to breathe it in. You got it.
Speaker 3: And we agree and if it just feels right to us, it's simple, Like we had a lot of clever names as well, but heroes. Something about heroes. It's just so simple. A glass of heroes, a can of heroes, and.
Speaker 4: You turn your part and you're toasting the heroes. And that's what everybody what he is who's doing their bit, whether it's peers and all this thousands of trades that are doing their bit. Steve we spoke to at half seven this morning, who's going out with his mates trying to find if they can build this weekend by hand. They're going to try and put together a kilometer of fencing when acres of it are needed. But that's their contribution, that's their bit, that's them saying I'm going to do this. Those people are everyday heroes. They're unsung heroes that don't go about crowing about it, but they deserve to be thanked when we raise that glass, raise a beer at the weekend on a Friday, I think there's something quite, there's something right about that, decent about it.
Speaker 3: And of course it's a nod to the fieries and the volunteer firefighters and the firefighters who have been working so hard all over the summer period, away from their families and away from Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, heroes Gold, you happy with that one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: All we have to do now is get throwing on Wednesday next Wednesday in a week and we can't wait to get it out. We've had a lot of interest from a lot of people.
Speaker 16: We also got a whole bunch of phone calls from pubs wanting to carry the beer. We got a bunch of names on our website and we tried to push them back to you guys. So I'm really really pleased and stalked with the name. It's amazing how many people have come back with such positivity and responded so positively. Hopefully we'll be able to do a little bit towards making this less painful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, that's what I was just trying to do a little bit. So do you need some help down at the factory next Wednesday? Because Jack and Pats I'm happy to send them down. I've got some admin here now. Jack and I going to come down next Wednesday because can we come along and help production.
Speaker 9: We are always open for additional labor every little.
Speaker 4: Time you took one look at Jack and just additional labors here. We're not hiring at the moment. Whatever you want, please anything, we will proudly be your additional labor to start production next Wednesday. We're definitely going to come down. And I can't thank you enough for doing this, Seriously, you've worked so hard already and husiasm last week when we called you out the blue saying we're doing this is your time, it's your factor, it's your business. You know, it's a great thing for us to do, but actually this is your business at the end of the day. So thanks so much. And the rest of your team at Hawkers as well for being so up for doing this. It just sums up everything that's going on at the moment and all the good that we're all seeing about such a desperate situation. So good on you and your team Hawkers.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 16: This is the place where we live, and this is the place we call home, and we all have to get together and do something positive whenever any in foro us are a need and so thank you for coming up with this idea.
Speaker 9: It just gave us a way to do our little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're doing a lot, honestly, it's great. Well listen, we will see you next Wednesday. We now, obviously I guess you need from us. We need to come up with a great design to suit the great name Hero's Gold, which is kind of like so many people have been suggesting Heroes this, or Heroes drop or various things around it. Hero's Gold is made up really of what most people have been saying. So we need a great design for that. So we get you to get you that as soon as possible. For now, we just want to let you know and get your thoughts on it as well, because you're the experts in this are making great beer perfect. All right, We'll see you next Wednesday. The casual label be turning up. See you all right, Dave Arms from Hawkers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: So we now have the name of I was I was about to read out what we're going about to call the title of today's show will be the name of the beer. Non's basic instinct is not what we're calling this beer. That is the title of today's show. Now we're going for Heroes Gold.
Speaker 3: Love it, that's it, love it, no more situation, very very happy.
Speaker 4: Hero's Gold because that's what everybody is has been helping everybody else out. You are heroes, everyday hero So Hero's Gold is going to be the name of the beer. That is our bush fire relief beer that will be available about three weeks. Time to buy it goes in production next Wednesday week today or thanks to Hawker's Beer. Thanks for listening. We are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Chris Jian o'connall Breakfast Show Podcast