Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, And it's about time.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show is back for twenty nineteen. Although some of us had been back at work for ages on Gold one oh four point three Australia is only full twelve month warranty on all Colorado resilient school shoes only at Williams and Mather's.
Speaker 3: Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the christ Jian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, the thing is perhaps some of us need to come back a week before to get ready. Where is people like Jack and I can just chop back in. It's no biggie hope.
Speaker 6: We'll see about that.
Speaker 4: Well, welcome back, really, welcome back.
Speaker 5: Everybody's five minutes past six, Monday morning, January the twenty first.
Speaker 4: It is it's been too long.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I've never had six weeks off in my adult life of working.
Speaker 4: I've never had so long off, six weeks off.
Speaker 5: As I was coming in this morning, I was trying to remind myself what the station frequency was.
Speaker 4: We were seconds away from me giving.
Speaker 5: Out the nova call sign then, folks, and that could have been chaos. That is not a good first day back to work.
Speaker 7: That's honestly in front of him. He's ridden one four.
Speaker 5: Point three, you know, maybe almost eight months now, living in Melbourne. I don't think those pea plates are ever going to come off me. I'm still squeaky clean.
Speaker 4: Pats, how have you been? We've missed you.
Speaker 6: You that lovely break. Thank you. I feel fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you rested, You've been had nice Christmas with your family in a great summer.
Speaker 6: Yes, I did. Thank you here it was awesome.
Speaker 4: Right. This is what I've done in the last six weeks.
Speaker 5: It's obviously my first Australian summer slash Christmas. Have had a mother in law over for four weeks. She went the next day my dad arrived. He's still here. He goes home Thursday. I've been to Perth, I've been to Bustleton, I've been to Margaret River back here in Melbourne for Christmas. Then we went to Sorrento, took the ferry over the Queenscliff, went to Ballerine, went to an amazing place for lunch there called the jack Rabbit. Then we went out in the morning to Palincia. I did an after seat the cable car. That's amazing. If you guys done that cable car ride, we did it. It was a beautiful day thanks to Lett. Me know at the end of it perhaps as well, that it collapsed ten years ago and.
Speaker 6: That was the old one. It fixed it since then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's brilliant. And then we did Wilson's Prom last week.
Speaker 6: Haven't that guy?
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever been there? I've never been.
Speaker 6: No, I must say, you guys have never.
Speaker 5: Been to walks thisrom It is beautiful, stunning. We did three days there. We did some really be nice walks, saw amazing wildlife and then I finally saw We went to this lovely little place about sort of twenty minutes from the main entry to Wilson's Prom and I finally saw it.
Speaker 4: I saw my first deadly.
Speaker 5: Animal, face to face with my first Australian deadly animal.
Speaker 4: After eight months. Have you guys ever seen a snake? Yep, yep? Have you what have you seen? What have you seen? Jack?
Speaker 7: I've seen three, probably all brown or tiger snakes.
Speaker 4: What's a tiger snake? Pass?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that brown as well?
Speaker 6: It's a strike one's got the yellow yellow down the back? Yeah, yeah, belly?
Speaker 4: And how close were you to it? We were walking? Were you with anyone?
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe a couple of meters away. And then I've seen one where Luna and my dog almost went up and said hello to it, like ten or fifteen meters ahead of me.
Speaker 4: Wowan to come back, come back, don't talk to that. So I don't even know. So it was a tiger snake.
Speaker 5: I was just looking for the bins at there's rental property, and I'm just walking through the garden. I was by myself, and then someone said look down, and right in front of my foot is a brown striped what I now know is a tiger snake. And in those moments, right, you know people that go, oh, I don't really swear or anything like that, you will swear, you know. I just went a snake, right, I was with no one and then just froze and the thing reared up. Oh my goodness, and I was like, oh my god, this is it, this is death, and I have to be honest.
Speaker 4: I ran ran on indoors.
Speaker 7: No one's allowed outside for the rest of the holiday.
Speaker 6: Oh, we were terror I was terrible, was it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: I reckon it was about a meter and a half, so not like a baby.
Speaker 6: That's a baby one.
Speaker 4: But do they still have the venom?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: It was those things like pretty much deadly.
Speaker 7: And the scary thing about it is you can get bitten by them and not know you've been bitten because their teeth are so small, but the venom is so strong. So if they brush past your leg and you go, oh good, I didn't get bitten, but maybe you did a tiny little bite.
Speaker 4: What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 5: Like we cuddenly realize, right, we have no idea what you're meant to do other than apply a torn o?
Speaker 4: K is it?
Speaker 5: Because obviously you've got to get emergency help and they got the anti venom, and so of this wife goes, if that ever happens to again, you do get bin.
Speaker 4: You need to make a note of what the snake was?
Speaker 6: How am I get my skates? Selfie?
Speaker 5: How am I to know what?
Speaker 7: Just one by one through Wikipedia?
Speaker 5: Is one of those efrits that they have for criminals. So how were his eyes?
Speaker 4: There was a snake? I don't know what the color was or anything like that. Anyway, It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: What has changed about you? I know you've had a haircut. Yep, you've had a back to work haircut. People do this, don't they. We we all have those back to work haircuts. You go and think there's no way to start a new year with unkempt hair. It's almost two millimeters too long. Now, my wild man, I need to go and have my back to work twenty nineteen. Look at me. I'm fresher. I'm ready to go, boss. This is going to be my year because I've got I've had a haircut.
Speaker 7: Exactly exactly what I did Friday mornings. And you'll notice iwhere in my back to work button down?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, not yet.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow you'll be back to the shorts, the pongs and a vest and a single it. But today you are looking very smart. I can't keep itself up throughout the year. But you've had a haircut. But then you're saying that there's something else about you.
Speaker 7: And I also wanted to introduce the game. Can you tell what's different about Jackpost in twenty nineteen. It is a visual thing and you close the radio.
Speaker 5: This guy has had six weeks off to think about what we can come back with.
Speaker 7: And I'll give you a clue. It is to do with the hair.
Speaker 4: Oh what do you recompass?
Speaker 6: I reckon?
Speaker 2: Have you had tips or colored it or something? You would see that you've had a haircut? Clearly, Yeah, I've had the haircut.
Speaker 4: The curt at the frump. Is it to do with a little kiss curt at the frump?
Speaker 7: I used to push my hair right to left, and now I push it left to right.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I don't understand people that do this. I think as a man, I've had this hairstyle since I was about ten.
Speaker 7: Now what we see that ten year old photo at the school photo where you look like Jim Carrey out of Dunna Dummer.
Speaker 6: Lloyd Christmas.
Speaker 4: So I don't understand. While suddenly how old are you? Thirty? Yes?
Speaker 5: See, once you once you get to thirty, the hair that you've got, that's it. Now it should be locked in. As a guy. You don't women experiment with hair. Men don't really do that so much. Once you get over thirty, that's it.
Speaker 4: But I couldn't just be too confusing to me.
Speaker 7: Well, the hairdresser did it for me. He pushed it the wrong way. Actually felt so unnatural because I just got a natural like right to lie. But he pushed it the other way. He said, maybe this is your new look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hairdress is They think they're gods, don't they.
Speaker 5: You don't just suddenly give me a new hairstyle or go right to left or left to right because they felt like that's how it should be, or maybe this is your new hairstyle.
Speaker 7: This is the first time I've ever I mostly sit in the chair and go, yeah, do what you want. But as soon as I get home, I'm washing this out and I like to do it. But this is the only time I've kept it.
Speaker 5: I a couple of months ago when I went and got my haircup for the first time here in Melbourne. Right the guy again. These hairdressers, they're gods, aren't they. They just just do whatever they want. Even though you walk in with your hair how you have it, and you walk out with it completely different, They've got no problem with that. He did something the way he blow drive my hair that I can only describe as giving it a kind of Justin Bieber swept some sort of strange thing where I.
Speaker 7: Couldn't something that you had over Summer's Happy You didn't see this, but when the kids were.
Speaker 5: Like, what and now is my twelve year all went You've got a young person's hair but on the old person's face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks to that sweet up. That's really really kind.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Over the last couple of days, then I've been watching some of the tennis at the Australian Open and amazing scenes. Federer is out and then last Thursday night going into Friday morning. Never seen anything like this, a tennis game that goes on until about three am.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now what I find astonishing about this is, and obviously you wouldn't have this at Wimbledon, is you can't get a plate of chips after about ten o'clock in Melbourne. You know, you do like to just sort of go to bed early. It's not a late night, twenty four hour city.
Speaker 4: But apparently you can.
Speaker 5: Have a tennis international tennis tournament until three am. I can't get a burger after half nine in the evening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remembering tennis. That's fine.
Speaker 7: One of the finals, one of the men's finals a few years ago, went to like four am in the morning. I think, so everybody like they wanted to watch it came in groggy.
Speaker 4: Unique in Grand slams Now. I don't think the others are like that.
Speaker 7: I guess you know what, I guess they don't mind it becase the rest of the world's TV like the hours sync up better, so they don't care that Australians have to stay up till three o'clock in the morning if everyone gets to watch it at primetime.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I've found out through talking a bit different people about the tennis over the last week or so, is how pleasing it is to say the words rolling Garosh. You know you hear the commentators talk about a lot, don't you go? Yes, of course, But earlier on the season rolling Garosh. I was in a pub yesterday. I found myself going to a guy, well, his form was greater to rolling Garosh. Just say that phrase to that work. When you talk about tennis, people look at you like, oh, this guy really knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: He's about it's about Rolling Garosh.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: It is great to be about. I hope you're well. You've had all brilliant summers and Christmas. Now I know January is one of those months where it just feels like it's bills. You don't want any extra kind of money to spend or anything. You've spent all your money over Christmas. I've managed to lose my reading glasses somewhere in Wilson's prom. I think they fill out my short pockets as I was fleeing a tiger snake.
Speaker 7: It really won't take my life right now, there's a snake out there with perfect vision.
Speaker 4: Great reading glasses.
Speaker 5: So it means I've not only ever got to go and buy a new pair of reading glasses this week, it needs to you. It'll be the first time getting some here in Melbourne, which means you've got to go and have the eye test again they charge you.
Speaker 4: So one of those is just cheap o ones.
Speaker 5: From a servo. Check these babies out. I don't even know if they're men's or women's. They seem to be really big, like clown glasses. They don't even feel.
Speaker 7: Right your profile at the moment looks like the the Groucho.
Speaker 5: I look like I'm in disguise or an undercover detective. So this is why the boss has had a great idea. We're about with this fifty thousand dollar giveaway. We are paying your bills. We got together with tinta car.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that there you can have too much tint on your car.
Speaker 7: Apparently there's a well they're ad is darkest legal tint available, which means there's an illegal amount of tinting that can go on.
Speaker 5: Then why why.
Speaker 4: Is there a law about the amount of tints? What's wrong if I want all tints?
Speaker 5: Oh, I cart like a limousine, you know for celebrities that's all tinted out.
Speaker 4: Why is Hemsworth allowed to rock around on that good point? Are they driving around a panging maguire? Can't we can only have a semi tint perats you know this sort of Well, it's visibility on the road, no, but.
Speaker 7: Not your visibility out of the car, your visibility into someone else's.
Speaker 5: Now, why do we need to see into somebody else's car. We can guess that there's humans in there. That's all we need to know robots, but why do you think it is pats?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Maybe we should ask a cop that No.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks for helping us out there. What's up with you now? I'm picking up a vibe. I really thought that we'd have a little bit of party paths. All I'm picking up is some moody now it is. She's like gnarly. Just because you came back last week.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 5: And get some mayonnaise and catch out for those chips on your shoulders back.
Speaker 6: I'm very happy to be here. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Apparently, which needs to speak to a cop? You know, it's easy.
Speaker 5: I'll just pick up my phone right now, put loads of cops numbers in my.
Speaker 6: Phone, mates, that would help you. Yeah, month some numbers, yep right.
Speaker 4: Tin chat coming up next.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, the rest of you, we have fifty thousand dollars a lot of cash. Starting next Monday, on this radio station and on this breakfast show, we are going to be paying your bills. It doesn't take you long to register. You never know we might be paying off your bills now. Some of you have already started to email me PDFs attachments of your bills.
Speaker 4: I've got like addresses.
Speaker 5: Of our listeners their entire credit card statements. One woman says, sum send me a pdf a fund to copy of her daughter's dental bill for her praises. That's my favorite bell I've seen so far. But you need to go and register online at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au and we could be paying your bills starting next Monday morning. Good luck for christ.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: We're going to open up the phone lines now, be nice to speak to some of you, say happy New year, final out what you've been up to over the last couple of weeks. Our phone number nine four one one four three. Today is our first show of twenty nineteen. In total, it is show number one hundred and twenty three.
Speaker 4: Oh it's still counting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, collects we've got season two no side one.
Speaker 4: It's not yeah, it's not a show one hundred and twenty three point two. So yeah, Show one hundred and twenty three for us will still new and it's our first one of twenty nineteen. So we're going to have a couple of phone is now to do with firsts first one, then after me finally seeing my first deadly animal, a tiger snake at Wilson's prom.
Speaker 7: The way you say finally is if you happen.
Speaker 5: I knew it's going to happen, because obviously people kept going to me or you know, they've got spiders there and deadly snakes. And so when I saw the snake, I was like, yes, of course, finally got to meet you.
Speaker 7: Were you really that call in the moment?
Speaker 5: No, I told you, I sworn, I sweated in a way I didn't know fear could make you sweat, because actually your brain, that primal part of you, thinks this is death's fight or flight, isn't it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: I also I still don't know what first aid if anyone, if this should happen, like get a bit of my snake?
Speaker 4: Do you would you know what to do? Do you apply a torn a cake?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I think you can still.
Speaker 7: You still got mobility, so you can walk inside and go to the family hate you need it.
Speaker 5: No, I start reading about some of these snake bites, you start foaming at the mouth, collapsed through the floor, paralysis, shock, lockjaw. I didn't even know what lockjaw is, but I.
Speaker 7: Ready, you can't eat your sandwich.
Speaker 4: Now you can't even make the call, you know, so I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know what first aid you meant to do yourself anyway, first deadly animal you ever saw?
Speaker 4: Tommy works on the show. He's never even seen a snake.
Speaker 7: Well, my first deadly animal was a dead snake. I still remember uncle coming over to our house.
Speaker 6: That's not deadly already.
Speaker 7: Did deadly animal? What was your first dead animal? And he took us to the park where we saw our first snake, but he'd already died.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 7: I can't remember. I guess a brown snake. There are all the snakes.
Speaker 4: In my memory of brown. Perhaps you've ever seen a deadly animal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had snakes at our primary school. And the teachers they used to.
Speaker 5: Snakes that primary school in the in the sand pit or work in there as dinner ladies to a.
Speaker 2: Bush primary school. And they used to sum themselves on the cricket pitch so serious, dead serious, and you sat themselves.
Speaker 4: I need to turn over. I just need all over.
Speaker 7: Town to make sure you bowl over the snake. Don't get it, don't start the staff.
Speaker 2: Room and get snake umpires and they kill it with a shovel and then hang on a.
Speaker 4: Minute, she's gone into one. What do you mean you were given like shovels?
Speaker 2: Kids siple would kill, cut its head off and then shove its body on the end ant hill and the anti.
Speaker 6: Tribal ritual survivor what did he do with the heads there as well?
Speaker 7: Round his neck?
Speaker 6: Witch doctor?
Speaker 4: True, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's some themselves on the cricket pitch.
Speaker 7: Because so you've seen thousands of snakes.
Speaker 6: We've seen quite yeah, quite a few.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't be frightened if you saw snake?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, I would, right, Okay, So, first deadly animal you've seen, what do you think you're the first person two?
Speaker 4: And the first famous person you ever saw.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for this morning on our show at first, first deadly animal you've ever saw, the first what do you think you're the first person to do? And also the first famous person you ever saw. Give us a call, be lovely to hear you nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So we're just about to take our first calls of the year.
Speaker 5: We've got some new equipment. We've got like loads of new shiny buttons. Everything looks really good so far. We're about to try out our new phone system. It's also big moment for young Jack because he's in charge now.
Speaker 4: It's got new responsibilities in twenty nineteen, to go with his new twenty nineteen haircut, new way it's been coned, and his new button down shirt.
Speaker 7: So I'll be pressing the phone pickup button. I guess I like the show. Receptionist m.
Speaker 5: All right, So our first show at twenty nineteen, we're looking for your stories. Then, first stories today, first deadly animal you've ever seen? I finally saw my first deadly animal, Wilson's problem last week at Tiger Snake terrified me. What do you think you were the first person too? And also who was the first famous person you ever saw? Nine four one one four three?
Speaker 4: Good morning Elise, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 5: And happy new year? Do you know what you were our first care of twenty nineteen. Welcome to the show very much. Do you have a nice Christmas in summer?
Speaker 9: I did, thank you very much. Yes, it was really good.
Speaker 4: Great, okay? And which one are you calling in about? Mate?
Speaker 9: I think I had the first of something.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell us.
Speaker 9: Okay, so I think I had emc hammer pants before mc hammer had food.
Speaker 4: So you said mc hammer ripped you off, Yes, then tell us about it.
Speaker 9: My mom was a dressmaker and we found a pattern in a shop for these pants that I liked, so she made them for me out of the material that was purple with a nice fruit pattern on them. I thought they were lovely. It looked fantastic. So I wore them to a family barbecue. And my mom has four brothers, and they were all very nice, very character buildings, shall we say, And we ended up playing family cricket in the backyard and I got to be wicket keeper because my pants could catch the ball.
Speaker 5: And then how long from you sort of pioneering these mc hammer pants until you see mc hammer stealing your look?
Speaker 9: I'd say about five years.
Speaker 7: Wow, Okay, are you still wearing him?
Speaker 9: I probably only wore them around the house after that event.
Speaker 4: That's great, So, Alice, you're the first person in the world to ever model the mc hammer pants. Yes, definitely brilliant. All right, thanks to kill have a good week. Let me talk to you all right, Let's go to Louise good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning. How are you Christian?
Speaker 5: I'm good. Happy New Year. I hope you had a fantastic summer and Christmas. Are you well?
Speaker 10: Yes, I am, thank you?
Speaker 4: And which when are you calling in about this morning?
Speaker 10: I'm calling about the first famous person that you ever met?
Speaker 4: Okay, who was it for you?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: I was standing at Carl's Express in the City in Exhibition straight about twenty years ago, and I turned around and directly behind me was Billy Connolly.
Speaker 4: Oh, my favorite comedian in the whole wide world. You lucky for me. I'm jealous.
Speaker 10: So I said Hi, Billy, and he said hello, and I just went on with my shopping.
Speaker 5: Now can you remember what he he was buying? Did he have anything in his basket? Do you have a little sneaky peep?
Speaker 10: I honestly can't remember.
Speaker 4: The two stars.
Speaker 10: I've got a bit of a surprise. I'm a Scottish to set myself right. So I said to him, high Billy, and he just said hello and just went on with his shopping. But I've got a bit of a shock. Though he was just out in public close it was nothing.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that Billy Connolly was in a Coles Express as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, standing directly behind me.
Speaker 4: That's been Luis. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Speaker 10: Have a great week you too, You too, Christian bye ah.
Speaker 4: Give us a call this morning nine four one one four three.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Me.
Speaker 5: Jack and Pats. We are back. Pats was here last week. Hold the fort down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a trooper.
Speaker 9: She is.
Speaker 5: To be fair though, Jack and I were in a lot brainstorming and stuff like that, so it's easy having a little reedy of CNN every thirty minutes, but the real work was being done behind the scenes. Patsy, Bussel and munchkins. Jack and I.
Speaker 4: So we were. We were here last week.
Speaker 5: I've had the most amazing six weeks. I have seen the most amazing beautiful sunsets and sunrises. I've seen the most stunning beaches.
Speaker 4: Wilson's prom.
Speaker 5: We went out to Sorrento, saw the amazing Saint Andrew's Beach, which is beautiful out that way. Saw all the whether billionaires live along Portsy. My wife and I became says. We went to a little place out in Sorrento which is really really nice in the New Year and we went for a dry to stop the road at Portsy where all the billionaires live. Seen the size of these light Batman's lair they've got there, like eight levels. We took the ferry of you know, only one you can go over the Queenscliff, so you have a little sneaky nose into their gardens.
Speaker 4: You can't call them gardens.
Speaker 5: Three of them had helicopters in the so called gardens. Who has that kind of money? So I met up with Andy Lee. He's got a place on St Andrew's Beach and I was calicopter in well. I said to Andy, you know, I said, how come you even got a place along Portsy? He went, Oh, I couldn't afford a place there. There are no Andy said, there are no entertainers who can afford that. I've made him MacGuire, but he's like a Swiss army knife. He's tripled threat. He's not just entertainer. He's you know, he can sing, he can dance, he can do a lot. You know, he can be a president of the club. But do you reckon we've got any listeners who live on that front there?
Speaker 4: Oh? I would love to know.
Speaker 7: I'm going to take Ban's parents down there next time they're here, because it's beautiful. Their favorite thing to do is tourists of Melbourne is go to the affluent areas tours of any city.
Speaker 4: I love doing that.
Speaker 5: My wife and I with an our first couple of days I went and had to its like criminals, just staking out big properties and tour action, just driving around, stopping and just sort of staring.
Speaker 4: Ego, big, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Their hedges are Someone must have to do that two or three times a.
Speaker 7: Week to keep it like now, your number plates are probably in a system somewhere else.
Speaker 4: On the watch list.
Speaker 5: One of the thing I have done over the last couple of weeks, as have been all over this amazing state and country as well, went back over the w Way. I went to Perth and Margaret River with Margaret River for a week. A beautiful, beautiful place and really reminded me of Europe and the Mediterranean. Some of the wineries there. So we did one of these organized wine tours, my wife and I and you got about three wineries. Then they take you to a brewery as well. Obviously during the day you're gonna get a bit merry, okay, because you're wine tasting.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 7: I knew which days you're at a winery because the amount of voicemails thing like you remembers had increased.
Speaker 4: How did you get into patty?
Speaker 5: So At the end of the day on my wine tour, okay, in three wineries, I ordered thirty five bottles of wine?
Speaker 4: Are you free shipping? By the time I got back, it was on my doorstep.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, and my wife had ordered five bottles of olive oil. The wineries have olive oil plants attached them, more like little chocolatears and stuff like that. And I actually had the gold to say to my do we need five bottles of olive oil?
Speaker 4: She said, do you need thirty five bottles of bread? Wine? Which will which will? Empt first?
Speaker 7: And think really well, because olive oil takes a while to go through, but you could probably pay three thirty five bottles of wine.
Speaker 5: There aren't thirty five bottles left. I'm afraid of soca. I really need to clean out a bit on the next couple of weeks. And then my dad's been over the last two weeks, and I suddenly realized off a couple of days, I haven't spent this much time with my dad since I was a kid, and he's now a lot older and crazier. One point last week we were driving to Wilson's prom. It's quite a long drive and I can see him. He's cradling the seat belt and I'm like, Daddy, you're right, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: And he just goes to me, I've never got on with seat belts. It's like, it's not like they're a new thing. They've been around for how many decades? You've never got on with safety?
Speaker 5: What he prepared to be castle bolted through the windscreen if I just tapped the brakes.
Speaker 7: But at home he'll win. It's by law you got to wear a seat belt in the UK, imagine like it is here.
Speaker 4: Of course, introduced them in the eighties.
Speaker 5: I remember him being really irritated when I got introduced when I was a kid as well. And then the other thing is as well, because he's like an older gentleman and he can't listen. Right now, he's over in Lorna. Think he's getting up in the middle of the night. He's waking up the whole house to go for about fifty seven piece right in their old man piece.
Speaker 4: What let's me do an impression.
Speaker 6: Interrupted.
Speaker 3: You mean.
Speaker 4: That three or four times an hour, make him go out in the yard. So I'm glad to get back to work for the peace and quiet. To be honest, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, we.
Speaker 5: Don't normally talk about reality TV. I'm not interested in wasting your time about it. There's plenty of the mumblies up and down the dial who happy to fill Mike time droning on about the Honeyburder and all that crap. However, the only reason I'm going to mention the show is because someone who I've recently got to know, who is a new mate of mine, Shane Crawford, is in the jungle in I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 7: So this is a team You're a round of playing your friendship, you guys said new best friend.
Speaker 4: I have spent you know what, the last six weeks. I have spent a lot of time with Crawf.
Speaker 5: We're working on something which hopefully might become something, but I have spent quite a bit of time with him. Last weekend we were around there for a barbecue and get this then, so he's now He probably didn't see it last night. But he's now in the jungle for maybe the next three weeks out there in South Africa. And he told me last week he said, look are you are you good at keeping secrets? And I was like, well, yeah, yeah, I said, but I'm a DJ. He goes, yeah, you're not on air Front of the Week, so I can tell you this because of the time you talk about it, I'm already in there.
Speaker 4: I'm going into the jungle. I was like, my god, what are you doing that for?
Speaker 5: And he was going, well, I just want to earn all my money in January and then I can.
Speaker 4: Just pick and choose.
Speaker 5: I know what I want to do for the stars. I appreciate it. And you know what, my kids love the show. They don't watch anything else I do. And I really fancy pushing myself up a comfort zone. So I thought, bear in mind. You know, he's a gun, he's a brown Low, he's an AFL megastar. He's not really front of anything. I went, oh, you're doing really well. You're probably not scared of Oh no, Shane. His cord is frightened of snakes, spiders. We started to google on my phone to see if he had time before he left, so he flew out Thursday to see if he could get hypnotized to try and get over his fear of snakes. He's got a chronic fear of snakes. Get this as well. He can't sleep unless the TV's on.
Speaker 4: But you don't get that in South Africa.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: The other thing is, I didn't really it's got a really, really bad sleepwalking problem.
Speaker 4: Ah, that is a problem. No, really bad.
Speaker 5: So when they get on holiday's wife was turning me how bad it is. They they can't stay on anything that's above the first floor because he starts to get out on the balcony. He was saying when he's sometimes you know, when he was playing AFOL, this should go over to Ireland and play some of the Irish teams out there.
Speaker 4: International rule. Many times. I know the Weys have a roommate to share with somebody. Many times in the middle of the night that some other guy was screaming, Shane's on top of him in his bed walking sleepwalking, Okay, Shane, sure the sea one to get this right.
Speaker 5: They're obviously so wide, the producers really wide that he's going to start to do this. It's away from moments in the jungle and obviously sleepwalk out there. You're walking into the fire.
Speaker 4: You know that? Count fine? They were worse, just off into the bush. Subwhare on their caps. Crawfs walking again at three a m.
Speaker 5: So they were trying to work out where they could put his camp bed so that when if he does that, he's just going to nudge into somebody else's somebody else bed. So anyway, good luck to Crawfey could be back within a week or two, or he could be a whole three weeks. He's strikes me as the kind of guy I probably ended up winning it. Do you not think it's sure?
Speaker 4: There's so much love for him. Is it true as well that he was thinking about not telling his wife.
Speaker 5: Oh my good I haven't told you this. So he tells me and who else knows? He goes to you and my wife. The kids don't know, and your kids don't know. You're not going to be around for possibly three weeks. Your kids, he got four boys. What if you told them, I'm just doing some some filming for postcards, postcards for South Condition post cards.
Speaker 7: Now takes your international or used to take you in afternoon walking around Hawthorne's restaurants and everyone.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm going out to South Africa, and he goes, I wasn't going to tell my wife, just that I had some film to do up there.
Speaker 4: So his boys what they do is they put.
Speaker 5: Hidden cameras channel tended in the front room, so when they were sat down to watch the show, suddenly they see their old man wandering to the jungles. So if you saw it last night, you just saw they had hidden cameras in their front rooms to catch you. But anyway, good luck to Crawfin there the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Al right two in the next half an hour, expects chaos. What we've got planned probably won't work, is going to sound. I don't even know how it's gonna sound. You may remember a couple months ago I was talking about in fact, there's no reason why we'd remember.
Speaker 4: It's not like you make a note of everything I say. You what you'll have still have your notes.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I went my first trip to Bunnings and Institution in this great country. Bunnings is amazing and I had my snags on the way in and then asn't walking around that mecha. I was overwhelmed by the stuff that I didn't know that you could just walk in and buy. I'm not a trade ee. One of them was a cement mixer. I couldn't believe for seven hundred odd dollars I could just buy a cement mixer or walk out with that baby.
Speaker 4: And so you may remember, you will remember Jack.
Speaker 5: That for a few weeks that turned into a few months, I kept sending a boss, we need to buy this.
Speaker 7: Yeah. There was rumors that Bunnings we were having meetings about whether or not they should give us.
Speaker 4: And they kicked it back.
Speaker 5: We got told by the sales team they don't normally do this kind of thing, like it's a regular thing, given cement mixers to breakfast shows. And so I remember at one point having one of those arguments you have with the boss, those kind of you know, listen, don't bring me out here and not give me the right tools. But we're talking about a cement mixer. We have the cement mixer, the station. It's a kind of do you think it's a welcome back gift for us?
Speaker 7: It is maybe like a Christmas present this year, welcome back.
Speaker 5: It's strange one. But we have an enormous cement mix I'm looking at it right now. It's not in the studio. Jack's going to try and wheel it into the studio.
Speaker 4: It is huge.
Speaker 5: It's not a small domestic cement mixer. It's a proper one. You drive by a building site today or see someone doing a reno. We own a cement mixer and we're gonna put a lot of golf balls into it. And that's how we're gonna do postcode bingo during the next half an hour.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think the noise. You've been told that there are certain safety precautions you need to take.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got to wear goggles, gloves, hive ys vest is out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I have the heights radio. I don't know. All right, So we're going to try and fire up the cement mixer coming up next. Why are we doing this?
Speaker 5: We have last chance Bield Connor's tickets and these are no normal tickets. You're gonna win tickets every single day this week, and then if you're one of the winners, you get the chance upgraded. On Friday, you get a backstage tour before phill Is live on stage. You get the backstage tour and you get front row tickets as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So every single day this week we're about more chances. Are last chance tickets go and see Phil Connor's live. He's here and under two weeks.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: These aren't just normal Phil Conlin's tickets. It's the chance to actually go on a backstage tour right before Phil goes are on stay and also you get front row seats.
Speaker 4: So we've got tickets every day.
Speaker 5: Then on Friday the chance for one of you to win the big prize, which is your hear backstage talk, which I'll be doing with you as well.
Speaker 4: My wife at the moment is trying to see if she can insist that she needs to be there as well.
Speaker 5: Can't you just tell them me one of your team or produce so they're not going to know she wants to have a little nosy backstage as well. My wife's the kind of woman that would go and bother Phil Collins. She you know, I wouldn't. I got he needs to get ready, we'd just go up to it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, mister Collins going I just say massive fan in nineteen eighty two. I bought the vinyl anyway, I just leave you get on Monday, all right, so that's the big prize.
Speaker 5: You get Friday. We've got daily Phil Collins tickets, so how we're going to do them? Though, Let's see if this is gonna work. We have a cement mixer to do postcode bingo. When we played this with you before, we just had little Tom Bona. Jack pulls out a letter on a number. If it's in your postcode, you called him. We then ask you three questions about your postcode. We now have a cement mixer. Jack is dressed as a trade he stood by it. Can you hear me, Christian?
Speaker 4: I can hear you? Jack? Can you hear me? I can? I didn't know.
Speaker 7: You've got to go backstage with Phil Collins.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that the whole team or just you? Just me and the lucky listeners have fun.
Speaker 7: I am out here with the It's bigger than like, it's almost the size of me. It's almost it's a huge thing.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 5: A breakfast show that owns a cement mixer is a very very dangerous proposition. I bet that when Fifi comes off their today and do they tell her the bad news that we now have forget R and B Friday, We've got a cement mixer.
Speaker 4: Fox. It is over, pack up and leave town.
Speaker 7: I'm worried we're not going to be able to fit this through the door. I'm going to try and bring it in.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Jack is wearing goggles, gloves and high visibility vest. He's been told he has to wear this part. Just a bet you might need to. But what's Magoo the producer trying to do? Is he in the ways.
Speaker 1: The door here?
Speaker 4: Jeez?
Speaker 6: Not going to fit?
Speaker 4: What's what's happened this blue part? Can I lift that blue part?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: What's happening with it? Just there's one doorway they're trying to get it through at the moment.
Speaker 7: Two doors into the studio. We can't even get past door one.
Speaker 4: We've had six weeks to practice this. Put on its side carefully. You're going to flat and produce him ago.
Speaker 7: Should we do the competition from outside the door?
Speaker 4: No, you've got it. Should we get it in here?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Kick you pull up, let me go.
Speaker 4: It's through.
Speaker 9: It's it.
Speaker 4: That's my new cement mixer. It's like Lauren Hardy watching you two. That's it. It's coming down. Is coming through door one. They're coming near to the studio. Now, oh my shoes. Hang on, I've got the door. No no, no, no, you're going to smash it.
Speaker 5: No, you're gonna have to do That's it. You know, in life they say, be careful what you wish for. I've always wanted the cement mixer. Now I've got one.
Speaker 4: It's not going to fit in. Should we do it just from the door, Just do it from the studio, gol So, just outside the studio door.
Speaker 6: Take the door off and I'll just crawl, just crawl through.
Speaker 4: Okay, So should we turn it on?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: Hang on, wait till Jack gets out of the way.
Speaker 4: Hang on waiting till you're clear he's just crawled under the cement mixer. Right, okay, let's turn the cement mixer on. Where do you turn it on? I think I crawl?
Speaker 5: You know, every single tradey listening to this is going this is why they shouldn't let people like you have a cement mixer out.
Speaker 4: All right? All right, so we've got god, we've got golf balls, and those if someone painted them gold, I.
Speaker 7: Think they're sprepauing of them gold very and they've each got their own individual numbers.
Speaker 4: On them, all right, chuck them into the cement mixer. Oh guss, oh boy, oh no, one's got to hang.
Speaker 7: Over this morning, right, so we're live on the mixer, Tombo to right. The okay, You've got I've got to do? You know the dog flinger tennis ball flingers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's to.
Speaker 7: Scoop out the balls because I'm not allowed to put my hand in the Okay, Am I scooping them out?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hang on, he on, let me fire off the music. Hang on, let me fire off the music. Guys, so loud to Oconnells. Game one in four three now, schools.
Speaker 5: We don't want the trouble stool. Right, you have time to stock. I've gone back to scoop the centrals feedback, right, are you ready with that?
Speaker 7: You got the first The first number is number seven, number seven.
Speaker 4: If this is in your boast, go get ready to call us. He's putting in the dog flinger. Now, you know the ball the long arm that you see people finging tennis balls with for their dogs. The second number is number three, all right, seven and a three If it's in your boast God, give us a call out for Field Connors tickets nine four one four. Then what happened to my voice?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: I think my voice is broken nine one for yes, nine four one four one oh four three we're going to play next. Good luck God, that is a noise. You see. Whose idea was it to get.
Speaker 1: That Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Every day this week? Then we got Phil Collins tickets almost here.
Speaker 5: Then just under two weeks time, Phil Collins not dead yet live second and final show on the Saturday, February the second at Amy Part. There are some tickets and it is just a handful now that are still on sale at ticket Tech. We will see you down there.
Speaker 4: One four point Christian O'Connell's post code. That's the game.
Speaker 5: So every morning this week we've got last chance Phield Connors tickets. Then on Friday those tickets chance to be upgraded to the big prize. You get front row seats at a backstage tour with me before Little Filipino is on stage, and that is how he likes to be referred to. Hell Little Filipino II, so him post cope bingo.
Speaker 4: We've turned the cement mixer off. We've all got headaches already. Okay. So they letters and numbers that you pulled.
Speaker 7: Jack Worth, the number seven and the number three.
Speaker 4: Got it? Okay? Right, so we have Rick in Noble Park. Good morning, Rick, Hey Christian, how are you going? I'm good mate? If you had a good Christmas in New Year? Yeah, it's pretty good, pretty relaxing, excellent. Well listen, Phil Collins fan. Yeah, Well, what's more of a fan than I am?
Speaker 9: But yeah, I'm a fan?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're gonna have You're happy to come along if you win the tickets with your fan wife, Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, now it's all as simple as that.
Speaker 5: Jack's got three questions about your postcode of Noble Park.
Speaker 4: You ready go for it?
Speaker 7: Verify that you are from where you say you are from.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: I am at the War Memorial in Noble Park, paying my respects. But I want to meet some cool kids. Where is somewhere close by that I can find some cool teenagers?
Speaker 4: Cool kids?
Speaker 11: I'd say the skate.
Speaker 4: Park Noble Park, skate park. Wow, all the kill kids hang out at the skate park.
Speaker 7: Yeah, close by the Noble Park skate park is the Noble Park Aquatic Center? What color is the water slide blue? Sorry, not the not the like bit, not the stair park that you walk out, the actual slide, the actual tube.
Speaker 4: Okay, well the other one was blue. I'm not sure what the new one is.
Speaker 6: It's a new center.
Speaker 7: According to Google Maps when they took their aerial photographs.
Speaker 4: Oh, the probably the green wouldn't rain. Yes, there only ever red little green those sides, aren't they. That's all right?
Speaker 5: Listen to you two from two. Get the sturb one right, You're off to see Phil Connins live.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've been invited to the Noble Park Public Hall for a speaking event. Are you breathing?
Speaker 8: Heave? Rick?
Speaker 4: Are you in our cement mixer?
Speaker 6: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Rick?
Speaker 4: What's going on there at the other end of this line? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Pressures on the presses on?
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm making my way to the public Hall.
Speaker 4: I've never been there before.
Speaker 7: I bumped into you on the street, reck and I say, hey, I'm looking for the public hall. What material is it built out of? So when I say it, I'll know what to look for. Red brick.
Speaker 4: Strange question, but an amazing answer, Rick, You really are from Noble Park. You're the mayor of Noble Park. You've got your field College tickets. Well done, thank you all.
Speaker 11: That's a mayor actually, I know the mayor.
Speaker 4: Actually what sunny cap or? The mayor of Noble Park.
Speaker 9: Noble Park mayor.
Speaker 4: There's a mayor of Noble Park.
Speaker 9: Do you know?
Speaker 5: I went out to Dandingel Rangers a couple of weeks ago. So I went to an amazing Swiss restaurant called the Cuckoo because this place, yeah, I just find it by accident.
Speaker 4: It's like a guy playing a tuber singing angel vice.
Speaker 5: When they got robbed, Well, they didn't steal the tuba, did they In the accordion.
Speaker 9: Two guys robbed it after it was then they took off with two big bags they thought was money, but it was brid rolls.
Speaker 4: Oh rick. That's a great story for us at the end. There, mate, you have a good day. We'll see it. The Phil Connors Gig, Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend, my teenage daugh to Ruby and my wife went for another dive. They've got their patty certificates.
Speaker 7: I thought they retired after going to playing the Sea Dragons.
Speaker 4: The Sea Dragons, and it was just a little bit cold.
Speaker 5: Turns out June was not a good time to go diving if your pommies even wearing a wet suit, they're freezing colds picking up litter from the bottom of Flinders.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it. It was like your first week living and you rush. We said, we're here sunshine.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe in seven months time where it's wintertime now, so it's taken a while to pluck up the mustard to go back under the sea. So Saturday morning they headed off with all the gear you know, or the breathing apparatus and all this. They'd hired it all out and with a dive group and they were going to meet up at Rye Pier. It's a bit of a drive out there for them, but they were really exciting about it. And a couple of hours later when they came back, they were arguing. And that's not unique. Okay, that's not unique. You know, mums and daughters. You know, when we came around to yours, you see, there's a strong, powerful women and they and I'm like the y when trying to sort of just keep out of it. You know, I don't want to get but they're arguing, Like, hey, what's going on? How was it they're going on? We had an amazing time, but we've had a really big arguing. I thought it must have been an argument in the car.
Speaker 4: Get this, Pats.
Speaker 5: They had an argument eight meters under the sea, wearing oxygen masks, the whole eyes bulging and are waving.
Speaker 8: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: These two women were arguing about which way to go while them are going.
Speaker 4: Using hand signals? And how can two women have an argument eight meters.
Speaker 6: Under the sea because we can talk underwater?
Speaker 5: I was, I was, I was stunned that you can have an argument under the sea wearing a face mask and breathing apparatus.
Speaker 7: So where's the rest of the group or the rest of the group paddled off and there I think they just left them.
Speaker 5: You know, your teenage daughter and a mum, you know, diving together. Let's just move them away. So yeah, so this morning, want to know weird places you've had a row or an argument? Because actually, when you have a row argument, it's never about where you are. It just suddenly ignites, doesn't it. After this song, I'll tell you about an amazing one I had last when I took my dad to play mini golf at Sandy Minigolf and the argument we had there as well. But if you've had an argument in an unusual location, please let us know. This morning nine four one four one four three the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So it was just talking about weird places. You had an argument my wife and our teenage daughter the match. They have an hour of the weekend scuba diving together eight meters under the sea, underneath rpe here and a full blown a mime argument. I didn't know you could do such a thing, but they did. And I was just saying that when my dad's over the moment, never been to Australia before, he's having an amazing time. And last week I took him to play mini golf at Sandy Mini Golf Course. Got eighteen oer mini golf course there. It's actually really hard and I'd lie to the kids. I said it was a crazy golf course. Now do you know there's a difference.
Speaker 4: Crazy golf is when you've got the lighthouse and you've got the wind meal at the women meal, and so I said, the kids is crazy golf course.
Speaker 5: I knew it wasn't just a normal minigolf one second hole. They go to me, Dad, this's course isn't crazy enough. But they started realized it was a minute. So my dad and I have taken it very, very seriously.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: My dad since been a kid, never someone to let his son win. So I'm thinking, an, I'm an adult, now I'm going to So I beat him by two points, and it was like it was a major turning point in my line. Anyway, it was a boiling beautiful day.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: It's about three o'clock in the afternoon, It's thirty one degrees.
Speaker 4: We're all in shorts. The kids have got hats on, suntan lotion on. It is baking hot.
Speaker 5: My dad has got a long sleeved fleece top on, right gosh, And I say, Dad, you're gonna have to take that off. He's going to know this is keeping me cool. I went, Dad, it's fleece, it's thermal. And have I got this wrong? My dad he actually married to convince me. He said, no, no, no, think about thermal's son is no.
Speaker 4: I only want to keep you keep the temperature body temperature in it keeps heat off you. So I have my shot and I.
Speaker 5: Don't think that's right. And I don't think thermal keeps heat off you. It's not gonna let you cool down.
Speaker 7: I think the breeze would be better off over your skin if you were wearing a T shirt than a fleece would.
Speaker 5: To flee fix doesn't keep the heat off you.
Speaker 4: Otherwise we see trade ees.
Speaker 5: In baking heat with a big old fleece North facetop on.
Speaker 4: Perhaps have you heard you and Christmas have had some dean?
Speaker 6: Do you never row anywhere?
Speaker 7: Can you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The car's good. But I remember once we broke up briefly in the middle of Kmart.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, like Bruce Springsteen the poetry.
Speaker 6: I can't even remember why. I don't even know what we'll find.
Speaker 4: It's a miserable place to be. What kind of ile were you in there? Remember?
Speaker 6: Dead in the middle, right near the customers?
Speaker 4: And what was the argument over?
Speaker 6: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: And you broke up.
Speaker 6: I can never remember what our arguments.
Speaker 5: They all blend into another. Once you've been together long enough and you marry, but you broke up. So what happens do you go and hide another.
Speaker 4: Yes, when you're ready to apologize, I'll be over.
Speaker 8: In the.
Speaker 4: Fair.
Speaker 2: All is that we both went in opposite directions and then we laid up to game out five minutes later.
Speaker 5: That's fantastic, all right, So we're weird places. You've had an argument, Best cat, we get you in the next twenty minutes. I've got some of my great tickets. It's a family pass to go and see the awesome school that brought the musical. I took the kids to see it over Christmas. Is a great night out those kids and the actor playing Finn is brilliant and it's a great musical. We've got a family pass. We're looking for the best story. Then, about weird places. You've had an argument?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Talk about weird places you've had an argument. My wife and our teenage daughter. They mutually have a row eight meters under the sea. They were diving at the weekend, doing dive out right here, and they mus have a mime row as only a teenager and a mum can do incredible scenes. So talk about whit blessus. You've had an argument. Pat once broke up with her husband Chris in Kmar. It's enough to test any relationship going around Kmart.
Speaker 4: Same with Ikea. It's impossible for my wife and I not to have an argument. Even the way too. I could just get in.
Speaker 5: The postcode of Ikea brings out the worst to me, that lighting and we can never just leave with what we went to get such getting other stuff and how I get the time. Now we're in the hand towels, we're getting new This is so fluffy with these hands as we get these monks as well, it's horrific.
Speaker 4: All right, Katherine's on the line, Catherine, good morning, Hello, how are you? I'm great? It is great to be back. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year, Catherine.
Speaker 11: I did hard eyes wasn't long enough, but it was lovely.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wasn't off to learn any long enough. I can't believe I had to come back to what for six weeks?
Speaker 9: Not long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gavin and Hagey last week when I popped in here they were I was like, how are your Christmas? Is a new Year?
Speaker 5: And had I think Gavin Miller was allowed to have an hour and a half off and Huggy got five minutes out.
Speaker 4: Let him out for five minutes, walk around the block, leaves back in. Captain. What's the word place you've had an argument? Mote?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: Well, my husband and I chucked off to the Estates on our honeymoon, and when we have many feet in the air having an argument over who is going to sit next to not being rode the smelly people next to us? Was this terrible pregnant in the height of morning sickness, couldn't send a smell of anything, and he refused to sit there, and he made me sit the whole I don't know, twelve hours whatever it was to our first stop what I wasn't having.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but as a as a gentleman, as a man, you are there to be the buffer. I accept that. I'm always in that. Yeah, no, I think that's his job.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I want to throw your husband under the bus here, but that's his job to soak up the smell.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you would think, wouldn't you, But no, so have a good honeymoon.
Speaker 7: Do you have to have one of those arguments through gritted teeth, almost like whispers, because you can't let smelly people as you called them here.
Speaker 11: Yep, pretty mad and say, oh they one the armories. Okay, I'm sitting here, I'm putting.
Speaker 9: My elbow let.
Speaker 5: Seriously, there's nothing worse when you when you're crammed into those tiny little seats on a long haul flight and there's some stink bucket next to you bugging it up, and you're like, use some diode.
Speaker 4: You must better smell the ammonia coming from hor.
Speaker 9: And morning singers just didn't help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need those.
Speaker 7: I think your master dropped down just said that properly.
Speaker 4: That's a great call. All right, listen, but we got to go. Thank you very much for cool and have a good week.
Speaker 8: Thank you you too.
Speaker 4: All right, we should have Jane on the line now. Good morning, Jane, Morning Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm great. I hope you're Will you have a nice Christmas in New Year?
Speaker 9: I have thank you with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Awesome. And what's the weird place you've had an argument? Mate?
Speaker 8: Well it's it's not weird, but it's very topical. My husband and I back in New Care we were going down to see Phil a Genesis roundhair.
Speaker 5: Park in the moment is barely a half hour goes by. We're not talking about Filipino Collins. That might be a tribute to doctors.
Speaker 4: There is one, some Taiwanese Phil Collins.
Speaker 8: I've forgotten what I rang in for now.
Speaker 4: Coins you're an argument with Phil Collins.
Speaker 8: And we were driving down in the car and we had my husband's sister and brother in law in the car in the back, and I was directing, only not very well. I had the map upside down and I was like, this way that way, and we've got a little bit lost, and we ended up not talking, and it carried on into the concert and I can't remember how long it went on for it was very frosty to begin with, and so we didn't enjoy the concept as much as we'd hoped too. It was a bit frosty, and it was a bit awkward for the sister and brother in law. But wow, yeah, But the thing is we still went on to get married and our song is groovey kind of love.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's great. And Jane, are you going to see him live?
Speaker 8: No? No, we're not.
Speaker 7: Why are not bad memories too expensive?
Speaker 4: Well, you can try and win them this week. We've got tickets for grabs trying tomorrow morning.
Speaker 8: Christian, your competition is not the best. I must say the cement like thee you live and I've just moved here, not long ago.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't know your area.
Speaker 8: I don't know my areas.
Speaker 4: I don't know. We'll go on Google Maps. It's an easy thing to change. Jack does he staring at Google Maps writing questions about reservoirs and.
Speaker 8: That doesn't tell you what bricks are buildings.
Speaker 5: Come on, all right, Jane listen. Thank you very much your story, and Paul you have a great week. Oh right, that's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: We are back for twenty nineteen, which means on a Monday morning we do your misheard lyrics.
Speaker 4: Got some brand new ones.
Speaker 5: So there's a guy who listens to the show and he makes his top fives of misheard lyrics. He's got his first one for twenty nineteen. If you're new to this feature, you've never heard it before. Some of our hall of famous for mishard lyrics, the Beatles my baby donkey stead of my baby don't care it is my baby donkey. These next two my still my favorites Celine Dion and rather the Heart must go on, The hot Dogs go on.
Speaker 4: You cannot unhear this.
Speaker 7: Hot you said this weekend. She loves doing that song at karaoke, and I can only think of the song.
Speaker 5: Here it is again the hot Dogs go on, Hota, and then this classic from the Who. No one knows what it's like to be the Batman instead of the sad man.
Speaker 6: One knows what it's like to be the Batman.
Speaker 4: That's great, all right, brand new ones. Then first up we go to the eighties Billy Ocean from Going Gets Tough. It sounds like go and get stuff. Let's have a listen something like that. It's gone there from Billy Ocean. Another one from the eighties.
Speaker 5: Now Shuka Khan ain't nobody, So the lyrics should be next thing I knew was you hold me close? So John thinks of saying, next thing I knew was you holding meat clothes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Something that one.
Speaker 5: Let's got the seventies now t this classic metal Guru. It's meant to be metal guru.
Speaker 4: Is it you? Or is it metal? Or is it Vanilla Gnoo? Is it you? Yeah? But what's canoe anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now we go to Van Hayden Jump, I ain't the worst that you've ever seen, or is it? I ate the words that you've seen. It's just about in there, isn't it. And now we go to beg Stend Alive, music loud and women warm. Now, John, I'm not sure why this one. I'm not sure what I should be saying this, but anywhere.
Speaker 4: Let's go with it.
Speaker 5: Use allowed a Willy Warmer, have a listen, Use allowed a Willie Warmer. All right, So if you've got some misheard lyrics, I've got some more that you came up with over Christmas New Year that you kind of have to email. Going to those next, but if you ever find anyone to hear them on Monday's misshad lyrics, email me Christian at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Jack, and I've just had an idea.
Speaker 5: The only way this idea can ever be on radio is if we find someone in the next day or two who is Filipino.
Speaker 7: Can't say anymore, but if you are Filipino, a Filipino singer or they don't have to be a singer. No, don't worry about that, but we can fix that in the studio.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you are Filipino listener, Melbourne's a very multicultural city. I'm obviously from Pommyland, but we are searching for Filipinos.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sound right on it, does it? Just start saying that looking for Filipinos. If if you are Filipino, please give us a call next day or two nine four one one four to three. Hey, this is great news there January your skins. You spend all your money over the summer and Christmas, which is why we are here. Fifty thousand dollars to pay your bills. It starts next Monday on the Breakfast Show, be running all day long on the station as well with Gav and Huggy. We've got fifteen thousand dollars to pay your bills. We've teamed up with tinta Car. Don't drive naked this summer. Get yourself tinted. I think that's what they do. So if I go in there, I don't have to use slipsop. I can just get myself tinted. Body tinting. Also, you know our producer wears those very thick glasses. Can he get them tinted? Well, they do that as well.
Speaker 4: I know they do cars, but I mean can they do like motorbikes as well? Can they ting?
Speaker 7: Sure, you just use the offcut from the wind screen and do the glasses. Also, there's a window in the studio that really annoys me that people can just peer in. I'd like to have this one of the studio winter or studio windows tinted. So if our friends at Tintacar when I come in and do some tinting in the studio, ice possible tint you can do Tinder car. What's that window there that the sales people we'll just bring.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they bring lovely clients who want to advertise on station, but sometimes they just bring people just stare in at us like you're at the zoo.
Speaker 4: It is like that. It's slightly intimidating as well, so be grateful. We just have a tint there as well.
Speaker 5: All right, So it's fifty thousand dollars up for grabs, so just please share your bills with us. Some of you already started emailing me last week. You can do that, but that isn't the way you'll enter and Also, if you're going to do that, I mean it's nice to me to see your bills. Please don't start putting on on your PDF documents. I've got all your full addresses, credit card details. You can't trust me, Okay, please don't do that. Go to a website won't take you long, and we could be paying off your bill over the next couple of weeks. Fifty thousand dollars is a lot of money. My favorite bill I've seen so far is some poor woman. Dental care is expensive. Her daughter's gotta wear braces and she's got a huge bill for that. So we're looking for bills big and small. Head over to Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au starts next week.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Gene.
Speaker 5: I'll be glad enough to pay off credit card bill. This last couple of weeks obviously has been expensive. What's of going out about and bredsiffs? And then I had to buy something which my life is over now I own a roofrack.
Speaker 4: It's over.
Speaker 5: When I drove away with a roofrack on my car, part of me died and I will never get that part back.
Speaker 4: I felt like piling over and going it is over. What's happened to me? I've got a roof rack. I'm that dad, Oh gool anyway, pair that with the.
Speaker 7: Bike rack on the back of I know, wow, I am Clark Griswold.
Speaker 4: All right, the work time wasters back. I've been looking forward to doing this this morning. You know this works.
Speaker 5: Then we give you a topic. You knock yourself out trying to come up with your best ones. Today's that work time waste. With the Australian Open on second week, the big week, Federer crashing out. Gain's been paid to four am in the morning last week. We're looking for your tennis movies. That's today's outwork time waster. I've got there's something about Murray that's great?
Speaker 4: Is it good? Gold? That's a gold?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: Oh the rest of these? Did Murray retire? Yeah? Retired?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well it looks like it's over him and it's dodgy hip two. There's something up Murray. I've got four metal four metal racket.
Speaker 4: That's good racket. Ralph Yep, that's good.
Speaker 5: I don't know which was better. Fifteen Love actually that's good and a good movie. Terrible movie. Umpire strikes back. Who they'll fade up a picture?
Speaker 4: Okay? Uh and Lord of the Strings. All right, Jack, what have you got then? Tennis movies?
Speaker 7: A star is Bjorn Borg? Oh yes, yeah, good Bronze the double Fault now stars smart, thank you. This is in a smart tennis the menace and tron legacy becomes tron agacy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 5: That's your best one there. All right, what have you got tennis movies? Jack will market them in ten minutes time. Text them now. Oh four seven five o three one oh four three. Text your tennis movies. Oh four seven five o three.
Speaker 1: One oh four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: We are back as is a brand new time waste today. We're looking for your tennis movies. Jack. Are you ready too, Mark, Yes, sir, okay, let's get into them. Bohemian rackstady not very good, Silva, I'll you. I'll be gentle.
Speaker 5: I think he knew this. This is on Benny Boy and Cobra. Come on, team. It's a new year. We're all taking time to get back into it. I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 4: Benning Cobau broken Strings. Stratos is back. Happy New Year, Stratos, broken strings.
Speaker 7: Don't know no, the faster, the Federer better silver.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Scott Worriby, well done tennis. Things I hate about you. Our first gold of twenty.
Speaker 4: Nineteen goes to mother. She's back in Cranbourne. Ball boys in the Hood. That's good, that's very good.
Speaker 5: Actually, Pete in Abbots food, the Wizard of Oz open, Oh, nice, sivil plus. Jim in Belmont, well done, thirty love Actually that sole yours almost exactly.
Speaker 4: Shame on you.
Speaker 5: Nick in Mount Waverley, cloudy with a chance of meat, ball boys, Danielle funny, very very good. One sharp over the Cuckoo's Nest, one flew over, one sharp over.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, he's five bronzes for you. The Grand Slam Budapest Hotel. Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 5: Civil plus Stephen Ferntree, gunny ten things I hate about juice silver plus, Uh, tough about ron trading aces.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, smart, very very good. It's from Dukes in Croydon who framed Roger Federer.
Speaker 9: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's some guy. Uh dude, where's my tennis racket?
Speaker 5: It's our first we've had a dude one, we've had a cloudy one with the dude just back for twenty nineteen. Dude, where's my tennis racket? Darryl gets a silver? All right, thank you very much though its very good. That'll be brand new one tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Did you guys know any forty five percent of Australians don't know your neighbors really, even though now I've got Rudy, my Croatian neighbor on my left is a yeah, lovely guy. I was chanting yesterday. Now I've been to your new place, which is beautiful, thank you. Do you know the neighbors there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 4: Neighbors are all up and down the street.
Speaker 7: Four houses on the left, four houses on the right.
Speaker 4: Okay, who've you got next door? Introduced me to the scene.
Speaker 7: She's actually ex UK. Yeah, she came over here. She's in her eighties now. She came over here as an athlete. She's a sprinter. Oh yeah, from the UK. But men Australian and they married, okay.
Speaker 4: And who's on the right.
Speaker 7: That's Kieran and Adelante. They have been in the suburb. Oh, she grew up in the suburb, so they've been there for forty odd years.
Speaker 6: Nice impersonally.
Speaker 4: The last story, that's very very good, But you're not on the forty five percent of Aussies that don't know the neighbors. We've teamed up with Ness Cafe to how you reconnect this Australia Day. The Gold one oh four point three Street teamers are out this week with Nest Cafe Blend forty three neighbour packs. Today they're on Sint Kilda Road until ten thirty this morning. I called up over Copper with Gold one oh four point three's. Our neighbors are upstairs. It's the November team.
Speaker 5: If you head to Gold one oh four point three's Facebook and Instagram pages, you can check out the video.
Speaker 4: Now raise a kaipa with Nest Cafe Blend forty three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shown Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Huggy is coming up next. He's off to a fly this year. You know he's warming up for Phil Collins.
Speaker 6: I heard that that's mercy for Hugster.
Speaker 4: He is opening for Phil Collins.
Speaker 6: He's great at that though, have you seen him do that?
Speaker 4: Before Oh my word, I mean all the comedians when they come over, they always have Huggy to open for them. Chris Rock, So is he gonna do that ping pong thing he does late night?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: He fires him out of his little Who are is he doing that?
Speaker 6: I'm waiting for his reaction when he sees what we've done to his studio. We've cleaned it up.
Speaker 4: Oh, he doesn't like check, not gonna co He's no Mary Condo. He's not going to like that, you know.
Speaker 5: All right, So title today's show is oh my god, Oh my dad doesn't find out about this old man. We are back tomorrow morning. We've got more Phil Collins tickets. We can see Huggy live doing that ping pong thing he does. We bends over and anyway you need to see it to be honest. Just we came from the front row. And also we've got the return of five Topic Tuesday. Thanks listening greatly.
Speaker 1: Back The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three