Speaker 1: Come on, Oh he made it to the end of the week, all thanks to chemist warehouse head in today, Great savings every day. It is the pickup. We're all a bit rolled up and ready to be on air because we just seed us some vocal warm ups together.
Speaker 2: No, Mitch and Britt are both doing acting.
Speaker 3: They've done acting classes and they were sitting here doing something.
Speaker 4: Just hang on, let's not brush over that. Mitch and I are actually in a pilot TV series together.
Speaker 1: And I studied in New York City in a highly acclaimed theater school. You just dropped out, but I still went there and I.
Speaker 4: Was highly acclaimed school in Scotland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, nobody's saying that you're not highly acclaimed.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Clearly we've got some issues going on. But the thing we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Before we just turned the microphones on is a little tongue twister, unique new York.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 2: You need New York, you need New York, you need you. She doesn't get you need New York, You New York.
Speaker 1: Nick, She's not one of us.
Speaker 2: It's so hard.
Speaker 3: Try and do it where you are, whatever you're doing, stop it and try and say unique New York five times.
Speaker 2: Fast.
Speaker 4: Not everyone can do it.
Speaker 1: Laura's okay, okay, get on with the show. We're all warmed up.
Speaker 3: Come all right, all right, well, thank goodness because we do have a big show for you all.
Speaker 1: Oh we do. We're crossing over. Britt doesn't know this. We're crossing over to Glasgow, Scotland today.
Speaker 4: Up with Laura.
Speaker 3: There is a man who's currently living in Scotland who has our Brittany Hockley's heart. But you know what, he doesn't have ours yet, So we need to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: We're going to brill your new men.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for that. Well, I've got something that's gotten under my skin. It's a TikTok and it's given me the big time.
Speaker 1: This is the pick up around Australia for your Friday afternoon. Friday Afternoon with the pick Up, Britt, Laura and mitchere purchase any fragrance from Chemist Warehouse this Valentine's Day and receive free fast delivery. It ends the fourteenth Feb three pm. There is a.
Speaker 4: Woman that has left people, including my absolutely gobsmacked money sharing in a relationship. This woman has come out in her TikTok and she has described the moment she was builled proper invoice build on an Excel spreadsheet by her partner for three dollars and twenty three cents. They've gone to his mother's house for a couple of days, three or four days, just to hang out. So she turns up with a basket of stuff soaps and wines and all this nice stuff to say a gift, to be like, hey, I'm coming to stay. Thank you. During these couple of days, they take her out for quite an expensive dinner, purely because they're being nice. The dinner was expensive, like we don't want to pay well, thank you for staying lovely. Now, it's not uncommon, apparently for the boyfriend to send a spreadsheet of finances as how he keeps track right, But usually it's normal things they've decided in a relationship with that's how they spoither fin.
Speaker 1: I do that with my partner. You and Maddi, Laura would have a similar thing with your finances.
Speaker 2: Yeah together.
Speaker 4: Fair Well, they get home from the weekend, she gets the spreadsheet from the expenses from the weekend, and she sees a three dollars and twenty three charge for breakfast. So she says, hey, babe, what's the three dollars twenty three for? He said, oh, well, you had a piece of toast and a banana at my mom's house for breakfast, so you have to pay.
Speaker 2: Us for that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no, I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 4: He charged her three dollars for one piece of bread. Could you imagine? This is one line?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it a joke?
Speaker 1: No, this is not. This is he didn't even pay for it. His mum paid for it. It was her stock, it was her bread and banana.
Speaker 4: He's money laundering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the real issue. I'm sorry, this is not true. Something similar happened to me this weekend. This is true. I went out to lunch with a friend and we got a Vietnamese pork roll. And then later that night, at at nine pm, she messaged me and said, hey, can you please transfer me the money for lunch? And I went, oh, yeah, how much? Seven dollars?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Though, I'm gonna say this because I think it's very easy to make jokes about people who do ask for money because you want to be generous, you know. I think most people don't feel comfortable asking for a small amount of money. But if somebody is asking for a small amount, it could be that they're having a bit of hard time with their finances and that seven dollars is quite important to Oh, of course, your friend was bloody broke and she needed that seven bucks.
Speaker 1: She pulled up in her brand new BMW X series. She's doing just fine. She doesn't need the seven.
Speaker 4: It's a true point, Laura, because if somebody's buying somebody a lunch, right, it's only you seven dollars yesterday. But if she bought all of us every day of the week a lunch at the end of the week, it adds up. But okay, that's one thing, but this is different. You're in a relations you're together. It was three dollars for a piece of bread that she ate at your mum's house after she brought a gift and took it to dinner.
Speaker 1: This is cooked.
Speaker 4: I'd have the ick and I'd be tapping out.
Speaker 3: I think if somebody sent me an invoice for three dollars twenty three and they were my boyfriend, I think I'd be having to break up with them.
Speaker 4: I'm tapping out.
Speaker 1: Like what happens when they get to the engagement? Will he invoice for the wedding ring.
Speaker 4: Yes, that he bought her.
Speaker 2: That he bought her half fifty percent, right down the middle.
Speaker 1: I don't know when they go to the baby we have a baby in the hospital, will he invoice her for the hospital bills?
Speaker 2: No, she'll invoiced him because he did that to her. Let's remember that I'm a bit of her.
Speaker 4: It comes out in the wash in a relationship. So anyway, I think that it's safe to say that he is now an ex That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this is true. Like I do not believe a three dollar charge in a relationship exists totally.
Speaker 3: Well, you think this TikTok was completely fabricated, But on TikTok, how fifty percent of it is?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's real. So if you can call us right now, and I mean, I know this wasn't planned, but let's open the lines. Let's see thirteen one oh sixty five has a partner in your relationship charged you for a minuscule amount. Well, see if we can get some real ones. Next here at the pickup. It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch for your Friday head into Chemist warehouse today, great savings every day. We're doing a little like a pole of the people at me ladies right now.
Speaker 4: Well, we want to know how people split their finances because as a lady on TikTok Long story short, she got an invoice from her partner for three dollars and twenty three cents for a piece of toast and a banana that she ate at his mother's house.
Speaker 2: Like, what petty amount of money did your partner ask you for? That's all you want to know.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kylie, Kylie, what happened?
Speaker 5: Hi? So I was nineteen and I just got this job, one of my jobs at Macker's right and just start as rooster us. I was really excited. And so my partner was picking up at the time, not my finder now, and she's I said to him, Oh, can you just come in just buy a coffee that you want because I want to show you, you know how good I'm getting in no worry. And so I was really excited and made him like a mocker and it was city likes it. And then in the ca like, oh can I have that money back for the coffee that I just bought myself? And I said, oh, okay, and then that relationship didn't release. Laugh.
Speaker 2: I mean did he say it was a good coffee or was it a terrible coffee? So he wanted his money back.
Speaker 5: He was so sweet, he was like, oh, it's so nice, so nice. And then later on he's like, so can I have the money back? Foot that you made me buy myself for coffee and he got to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: So Darley is expecting a free bee.
Speaker 1: That that shocks me that it's real. Joe's called through. I can't believe we're We're getting so many calls.
Speaker 3: Hi Joe.
Speaker 6: When I were dating my now husband read movies. I asked him for change because it was back in the day when the vending machines didn't accept the course cards, and he give me coins, got the water, and then after a few days he asked me for the coins back.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're married to him? Yeah, what happened? Where did you go wrong?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Why was he sitting for three days?
Speaker 6: I know, Oh it got worse honestly.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, no, no, no. What's he like with his finances?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Do I share everything? Or is he still a bit of a scrooge.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's a scrooge with everything but himself.
Speaker 2: Basically, I can't believe this is real.
Speaker 1: That shocks me that these people are around.
Speaker 4: The only time it happened to me, and it was it was twenty dollars, not three dollars. I was twenty dollars. Had us back, but I was no, But I was on a date. He invited me on the date, bought me a sandwich. It was a lunch date. And then I had to stop an ATM and give him twenty dollars. I think I paid more.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even half.
Speaker 2: I think gave him out of your life.
Speaker 1: And I was like, why did you? Yeah, why did you ask me to date? You pay interest on the sandwich cash? Yeah, I had to go in pack cash. Well, lucky you're not dating anymore, Britt. You've got a brand new boy on the scene, Ben, who you seem to be very in love with. But Laura and I we still have some reservations.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm glad you have, brittany How, it's a tough crowd, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, we've got a quote for an international call.
Speaker 2: And if it turns terribly, we'll be asking you for half the money back.
Speaker 1: After this is the Pickup. It's the pick Up with Britt, Laura and Mitch and Blackmore's executive bat Stress Formula two fifties available now at Chemist Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Now it is Friday, so we thought we'd have the show with a little treat, didn't we.
Speaker 3: Laura, Man, The thing is, it's kind of weird when your best friend gets a new boyfriend and you don't have any way of getting to know them, Like I don't know him at all, and I feel like it's probably time to get to know Ben well.
Speaker 1: Laura and I were talking as well off the airlight. I think if anyone should put the hard word on Ben and really grill him as to what his intentions are with our beautiful Britty. It's my dad, it's your co host. So let's dial off the line. Let's go straight to Scotland.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we've got Ben joining us now from Glasgow. Hello, Ben, Welcome to the Pickup.
Speaker 2: Hi, Love.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say right now, I'm so sorry for this. I feel like this is an attack on you. I did not know this was happening.
Speaker 7: I am so confused right now.
Speaker 1: Don't be confused. All Laura and I want to do is make sure that your intentions are pure. So but you just sit there. This is not your time to talk to Ben, because God knows you talk enough as you think.
Speaker 4: We just give him a quick disclaimer like love you are on radio, like just so you know.
Speaker 3: I have a few questions. I only have Britt's best welfare at heart. Britt, you originally said that Ben was very adamant against doing a long distance relationship, but then you change your mind.
Speaker 2: What was it that made you change your mind?
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for bringing up I think it's Brett that kind of kind of changed it. You know, kind of a guy that goes by the feeling and all that kind of stuff. So I think when you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, make you feel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was more like a masculine thing just to kind of lena all out there and then actually you get to the soft in a bit of meat, then you kind of.
Speaker 2: Know that just how do you feel about having an open relationship?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Hard no from my side, So which kind of.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, what do you think about? And he was like I didn't finish, like, no, no, doult not happening.
Speaker 2: What or when will you be moving to Australia?
Speaker 7: Wow? I guess I have to see how football works out first. I've obviously been to Australia a couple of months ago and kind of fell in love with it, so it'll be soon enough fell in love with Australia.
Speaker 2: Did you fall in love with something else while you're here?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean technically I was standing on the Harbor Bridge, so I kind of saw the whole skyland first before I met.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, well Ben, this is all very lovely, but I want to know how well do you actually know Brittany.
Speaker 1: There's a little rapid fire around.
Speaker 2: Yes. What is Brittany Harkley's middle name?
Speaker 7: Nicolomera?
Speaker 1: Oh good, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: Very good, and I've got one.
Speaker 1: You should know this, It's easy. What is Brittany's birthday?
Speaker 7: Twenty first of August?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, we don't talk about the year.
Speaker 7: Okay, what I was doing, I was doing your solid the baby.
Speaker 1: Yah, I love.
Speaker 3: What are Britney Hockley's siblings names?
Speaker 6: Err?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Cherry, Mitch, there's another Mitch and Dane.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dane is the one we all forget. And lastly, what is Brittany Hockley's favorite food at the moment?
Speaker 7: It does change, It depends if she cooks, it's probably prawns. If I cook it's pasta carbonara something like that.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, it's coconut frozen yogurt. Then that is what it is. By the sounds of things.
Speaker 3: He knows Brittany Hockley very well, very well. Okay, I'm pleasantly surprised. And I forgot what Britney's month of her birthday was.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I've met all three siblings and I don't even know their names.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday.
Speaker 4: And then he looked at you two and said, is that right? And you both looked at me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We approved, man, You've got the seal of approval from us.
Speaker 2: Then, well, welcome to the family. Stick around.
Speaker 4: He's like, I don't know if I want to be part of this family now.
Speaker 1: You really need to work on moving to Australia there, but we can unpack that later. We don't have the time to Yeah, that's next week. We don't have the time. Thank you, Ben, You're a keeper. He's a keeper. Literally, he's a keeper. That's why I said all right, we're done. Will and Woody are up next with Australia's Easy at Quiz. We will see you guys next week on Monday. Have a good weekend