Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app Got anything Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey this is Christian. We're kind of a strange one for me right at the top of the show, but let's go for it anyway. There's a listener who emailed me, a podcast listener in the UK called pauled Johnson. Paul Johnson emailed me a couple years ago with an incredible story about my un called Tom, who saved his life and then Carma came back around and our correspondent Paul saved someone related to Tom. This story whenever I share it or tell anyone about it gives me goosebumps and other people I just reduced to kind of all really, which is why I want to include it in my book. But I can't n s I hear from Paul. I've emailed Paul Johnson. It's a bounce back. He's not on that email anymore or don't know as he listens to the UK. Paul Johnson, if you still listen to the show and I hope you're well, please email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you thank you very much. Enjoy today's pod.
Speaker 2: Are Christian O'Connell show podcast?
Speaker 3: Come on and Pats morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex, come on in Rio, good morning. What amazing confidence booster it will be for the Soccaroos to take on wait, the smallest country ever to be at the World Cup? Curus, How, curius ow you can't use that as a way to get ready? Cannon fodder is cowardly Australia. There's about hundred people that live there.
Speaker 4: They're fifty blow us in the rankings.
Speaker 1: Oh curros.
Speaker 4: How they're in the Dutch Caribbean and they're in the World Cup.
Speaker 1: And what kind of football nation decides to pick on them before we head to the World Cup. That's fake confidence as well, and lined up to play them afterwards. It's amazing. I think that when the World Cup is here, and by the way, what kind of World Cup is it going to be in all syrianus Seriously, with what's going on with America and Iran, what kind of World Cup is it going to be? Another other? There's Canada and obviously there's Mexico as well, and I see Iran now have put in a request that obviously what's going on. They don't want any of their games hosted by the country that's bombing them.
Speaker 5: Are they in the World Cup?
Speaker 1: Yes? What their games are all being hosted I think by Canada or Mexico. Right, that makes it, Yeah, of course it does. Yeah, I mean where they're going to get the referees from. It's all. It's looking a bit dodgy. Yes, yes, I think though as a kind of secondary team. Obviously we've be cheiring on the Saar crucis wild. Come we should have Cuasow. I think there's only about two hundred and the population is only about one hundred and fifty thousand people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they produce a lot of players though in the Premier League and throughout Europe. Yeah, amazing little country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Isn't it a Dutch out outpost?
Speaker 4: It is Dutch Caribbean, Yes, one of those. I'm trying to think of the other. Aruba, that's another Dutch Caribbean countries.
Speaker 1: Amazingly even come with that way, I mean none of us would know different. And Cocamo, Yeah, I think the Beast Boys are twinned with Cocomon. That's all. Their children live on the island. That is the island as well. I think currassu am. I'm pronouncing it right, Alex currous out, Yeah, curasell. Here's the great name. It sounds like a liqure, it does, it really does? Mate, listens Friday, I'm going to have a double cura cell please steady, my friend, someone's starting early feels out one of those that's blue on that top shelf. Yes, yes, there's like one on the left or right that's always blue. Yes, what is that? They should be our backup team. If they've got a population of less than one hundred and fifty thousand, you think about how many places that aren't cities in Australia they've got a population bigger than that night Newcastle is what five hundred thousand I think of a population, so one hundred and fifty thousand some most of those people in that country will be cheering on their country at the World Cup. It'd be huge for the country. You're going to have some kind of lose connection with one of those plays. The odds are yes, you're gonna have it for that country. You're gonna have some connection with them, all right, coming back next time. We do this every Tuesday morning. At the start of the show, we go around the team and you let us know as well your day yesterday, your Monday? Would you say you're a Monday winner or loser?
Speaker 2: Let me know the Kristin O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let me know, how is your day yesterday? How is your Monday? Your Monday win or a loser? Pass? Which way is it for you?
Speaker 3: Definitely a loser.
Speaker 6: As a mother of a teenage daughter, I am definitely a loser because it's like communication now is restricted to just text messages. When she gets home from school, so she locks herself away in the bedroom, does allegedly does homework. Pretty sure she is, and then dinner will be ready. You know, she's always got the damn headphones in and you'll say dinner's ready, and there's no response down the hallway.
Speaker 3: So I think, oh, just text uff your dinner's ready.
Speaker 6: Oh it's like a bear's coming out of its keep.
Speaker 1: The easiest way I used to just to interrupt that is turn the Wi Fi off. They can't flying out. They got they got plain to say that canary wants to get out of that cage. Then sinking to you, I would just turn the Wi Fi off and I go, no, just turn it off. It's dinner time.
Speaker 3: It's like you've done their oxygen off.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, like their lifeline by Project Hell. Mary just ordered to tell me.
Speaker 6: That that ends, though, does it where you know they do start to talk back.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, she's going through a face. Yeah, now now that our girls in nineteen twenty one, there's there's none of that. Now tell you who has adopted though, it is my wife actually thinks. I actually think she thinks I'm the butler because it's always mainly like my wife's favorite thing is just to have a bath. Oh god, that is her spa as she calls it Ryan. So most evenings she's in the bath, and then it's he messages from within the bath asking the butler. I actually think she wants our life to go a cosplay of Downtown Abbey to bring help. First all I have to draw the bath to the abba. Yeah yeah, and then it's a wine and then it's like, oh this one is falling in the bath or tipped away, and then it's a top up for the wine as well.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, you'll get already back. But they're going through this face. The best thing to do actually pass as well is like you've got to pick your battles with them. In fact for a while, that's just where it's easy for them to have a conversation with. The most mortan thing as a parent is to keep the conversation going. If that's on text message of that's face to face. Whatever is easy to film. And they've got so much going on at that time in their lives as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, she's got a busy wait because it's the end of dem and it's lots of tastes so tight.
Speaker 1: And cranky said that, you only have been back at school what three hours? It feels like it's time to pack it up for Easter.
Speaker 5: Break one already.
Speaker 3: I can't come.
Speaker 1: We just dropped. They just went back to school. How can they be like having a break for it? Also? Is it me or its Easter really early this year?
Speaker 5: I thought it feels quite late.
Speaker 1: No, it feels early. No, usually later, it's later. Because I'm an Easter baby, I know you guys have got my gifts ready for next I shouldn't need to, but anyway, as an Easter baby, I know it's normally.
Speaker 3: Later because it can coincide with n Zac Day can be.
Speaker 4: At the end of it.
Speaker 1: Job is to make up when Easter is.
Speaker 7: Because I know next year Easter is March twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Job to make up when Easter is? What's it? Relying on? Surely standing days?
Speaker 3: What decides it?
Speaker 5: The government doesn't decide.
Speaker 1: Jesus did? Should shouldly Jesus came back get the Bible in here. He must have come back on a specific dates.
Speaker 5: Yes, they would have been clear about it obviously.
Speaker 1: Where was it before calendars? No, it's just the case. Why don't he just move Easter? Why don't we just have a an online poll when on January the first? Just pick when? When does everyone the world? When does everyone want Easter this year? What dates work?
Speaker 5: Because Christmas is the same day? Everybo correct? But what that's Easter?
Speaker 1: Shift? Who shifts it? Because the whole world respondes.
Speaker 3: It like a religious calendar Gregorian?
Speaker 4: Calendar Gregorian?
Speaker 1: Because it's just been Palm Sunday, hasn't it. Oh?
Speaker 5: Actually I have the answer.
Speaker 7: Easter is observed on the first Sunday following the first full moon that occurs after the vernal equinox.
Speaker 1: To change you the season.
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 7: Those words mean, but that's that's how they figure out ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a whopping full moon this morning.
Speaker 1: You see it? Beautiful, it's so powerful and it's that yeah, thank you all right? And actually, do you know what's quite nice on a bit of suns on the show. Maybe we get that sponsored. And now it's time for the Christian moment of silence, just five seconds of a little breather. What is your your Monday winter or a loser?
Speaker 5: I am a loser.
Speaker 1: How was your vernal equinox? That's today's big, that's today's big. How was your vernal equinox?
Speaker 5: I was a loser?
Speaker 1: Ecno spells like a posh rapper as well equinox?
Speaker 7: Okay, interesting voice, Yeah, yes, raspy, I was a loser on the vernal equinox, and I took the whole office.
Speaker 5: Down with me.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, you might have remembered I brought in a lot of figs from our fig tree.
Speaker 1: I remember the fig days, any days, the days of summer, they go so quickly I did forget.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I brought in about twenty four figs for the teens.
Speaker 1: And have to say they were beautiful. We had all the ones you gave us. They were so good, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, though, I did leave probably about twenty in a bag not in the fridge, in studio fridge, and I completely forgot about that's what that pong was. I was like, what's that smell? What's that smell? And then the penny dropped. I was like, oh no, those figs and they're not.
Speaker 1: They made themselves into jam.
Speaker 7: Yes, not only did they smell horrible, they've turned into goo. And obviously I've got to clean out the fridge. I can't just leave it like that. And so I had to do this walk of sh shame with this drip, this bag of dripping, soaking rotten figs all the way from our studio to.
Speaker 1: Rig Hi in this radio station is discussed it is. There's like snacks in there from like years ago and now the worst one ever of like congealed fig and yiealed figs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then I had to put it down in like the office bin, which sits right.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Sales team flies going around. When does that get into like once once a month, I don't know. Not the vernal equos around.
Speaker 5: Us I just dubbed it there.
Speaker 1: Problem, that's problem Monday loser. Now the office is a Monday losers as well. All right, your Monday winner or loser. How's the vernal equinox working out for you?
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Friday is always the fourth fore moon of the year. That's why it always changes. That's some Katrina Oxley, Katrina and everyone else texts on the show right now. How do you have this knowledge? I must have missed out at school. Yeah, do any of us know this? No idea? It's amazing so many of our listeners all this immediate wisdom about the moon and why whye Easter is on certain days? I love this song from Shelley Christian. Easter is decided by the moon every year. Think the Sun is running the show. Actually, the final was all along. It was the Moon, the puppet Master, Pink Floyd. They knew what they were talking about the dark side of the moon, Christian. I believe Easter is based on moon face. You believe, right, Andrew Christian On Monday Winner, I won more table tennis games than I lost.
Speaker 7: How many table tennis games is playing on a Monday?
Speaker 1: Hey, that might be Vinnie's thing. Yeah, might hey listen zimber boy. I won't be judging.
Speaker 7: No, I think it sounds like he's playing at work. What Yeah, we started to ping pong table room at my old job, did you Yes, we would play a lot.
Speaker 1: Me guess were your bloggers were? Yeah? What happens that? Yeah? Where's that all gone to the wayside? Because too much time during the day. Any office, and I've been to quite a few advertising agencies. Any office where I see a table tennis there, I'm thinking they're never going to get very far.
Speaker 5: It's true, we didn't get very far.
Speaker 1: It's not pro productivities, pro fun, but it's not pro productivity, all right, Coming up sometime on the show again today Huge Price. It is back April the seconds of the thirteenth. We're talking about the amazing Sydney Royal Easter Show. April the Seconds of the thirteenth. That's back this week. Grab early bird tickets and save at Easternshow dot com dot au. On the show, they're not for grabs every day a family pass to the Royal Easter Show. Family Pass unlimited rides all day long, ten showbacks and read you listen to the show right now whether you're in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, we will fly you to Sydney flights accommodation for the whole family and throwing six hundred dollars MasterCard for spending money as well. It's an incredible price. We're doing it every single show this week. The thing we decide is obviously Easter this weekend. We have a secret Easter egg for you to listen out for on the show every day. Today's is a rooster, of course, Okay, an Easter rooster. So I have four different roosters in the studio today that it picks up on the way in. Uh. I just drive by a farm before I came this morning, guys, And I've got four roosters in the studio right now. Okay, yeah, yeah, you have to give them back to that yeah of course, yeah, yeah. I dropped them in after today's show. No roosters were harmed in the making of today's show, guys. Okay, that one's Derek.
Speaker 5: That's a classic.
Speaker 1: So it's Derek. Okay. Then there's Andy Mandy hats which one you going to go for?
Speaker 5: I found Mandy a bit screeching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that someone has been on the smokes on the darts. That song has done a night on rum and karaoke. Pats Is.
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 5: Chris? I love that?
Speaker 1: Did you say shrill?
Speaker 5: I did not say.
Speaker 1: There, don't you tere? I said crystal clear Dolby surround sound.
Speaker 7: I said a beautiful dulcet tone.
Speaker 1: Patsy. After a few venos, Patsy in the morning on the show, It's Pats the rooster today?
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 2: When you were here?
Speaker 1: Why is it good?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Hang on?
Speaker 3: I protein all right.
Speaker 1: When at the farm of this morning, when I people said gave me. Then when they said there's Charles as Andy, this Mandy, and there's Pats. Okay, So when you hear past the Rooster, get ready to call. Could happen at any time this morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Incredible crime Story, the Last couple of days, Chocolate heist, Patsy, you've got the details.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy. All these kit cats more than four hundred and thirteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Units, twelve tons.
Speaker 5: It's twelve tons of kit cats over.
Speaker 1: A million, over a million dollars worth. Also, what are their plan?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 1: You know when you see crime movie, right, it's all scoped out, how they're going to split the loot up, how they're going to sell it to you know those fences where they're called, you know, then break it down or whatever and set it to private collectors. You know, I'm thinking about Ocean's eleven here, and that was a documentary. Of course.
Speaker 5: What's their plan with all these kit cats crazy?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Easter Bunny comes this weekends Bunnies time.
Speaker 1: Easter Bunnies turned to the dark side, nor anyone this year twenty twenty sixth year of the fire Horse. Easter Bunnies broke bad.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's an awful lot of kit cats.
Speaker 1: Four hundred and seventy eight thousand. Too many to handle, all right, so an extra time waste. Today, we're looking for your chocolate crime movies. The best one we get in the next five minutes. You're in three mates, off to the cinema Gold Class group also on us for you in three mates. Chocolate crime movies. Okay, Charling, the Chocolate Heist, Silver Silence of the Lint Goal, Kick Cat me if you can, kick cat, if you can, and the usual crunch pecks that they're fine. You know, it's the usual crunch pecks. The usual crunch specs, very ambitious, thank you, and the dark Chocolate night.
Speaker 5: You didn't even say that with any conviction.
Speaker 1: What now, I didn't even know. I was just starting in the darkili and after eight, after eight thoughts, Oh, what have you got? Chocolate crime movies?
Speaker 5: The Wyan Brothers made a movie White Twist.
Speaker 1: Wow, now that's good. Gold.
Speaker 5: The Malteser Falcon, Oh, very good.
Speaker 7: Silver reservoir pods yeah, silver ye, and the big lea Brownie gold.
Speaker 1: All right, what have you got them? Chocolate crime movies to.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Incredible heist story of the last couple of days. Twelve tons, twelve tons of delicious chocolate kit cats this summing. It's too many kit cats. It's over four hundred and seventy thousand kit cats. I've been stolen from a shipping container of all the great you know, high you've heard of the world. It's many money, gold, gold, billion, are never never chocolate, not just chocolate, humble kit cat.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's not even the most.
Speaker 1: If it was crude oil right now, you'd understand why they're doing it, you know, profiteering, ball market and all that kit cats.
Speaker 3: Now those chunky kit cats are pretty nice, all right.
Speaker 1: They know what they're doing. They know what they're doing. This is gonna be one of those pub quiz sort of end of the year questions, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yes? What chocolate was starting?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, six gold tons of what chocolate? Bather? Sorry as kit cats? All right, so we're doing a exit time waste today, we're doing a chocolate crime movies. You really to Mark Rio. Let's go chock Eito's Ways Alpaccino, great movies, Richard, I got it. Point, have a break. Just have a kit cat. That is so good. Do you remember that? Yes, have a break, have a kit cat, have a break in, have a kit cat shipp in the headline, guys from Romper chomp uh Tory, Yeah, well done. Not kindergarten cop, but King Surprise cot I loves Yes. Surprise toys are everywhere. Gold you mean Cadbury silver Fedo got finger? Not nice, Stuart, not nice at all, Buddy gold you get that gold count. Let's go see a priest of that. It is east of my friend Palm sunday Leo was just doing a beautiful mass. Sorry, pub, there's something about bounty. Two types of beep in this world, those good people and the savages who like a bounty.
Speaker 5: Bar you don't like dessicated.
Speaker 3: Creaminess.
Speaker 1: The Hunt for the Red October Robe good, don't get me started, Shirt Chock Holmes, shirt chop homes a detective on the Chocolate Silence to the Tim Tams Silver chop top and two smoking barrels Gold. That's very good. Well then, Jordan, catch me if you're Tim Tam Franz Murder on the Aureo Express Gold. Another one of those Achatha Christy documentaries that we love so much. If you know you know where's my kitcats? Weekend at Bertie Beatles Silver, History of Violet Crumbles Silver, The Green Mine, Green min Picnic Bar at Hanging Rock Silver, Chewiest parts in the World, The Tearing Inferno No is the tobler owning fern of Benny Worthy, Charlie in the Empty Chocolate Factory. That's on Rock Ria, Who's the best? Who's off to Gold class on us point?
Speaker 5: Have a break?
Speaker 1: Have a KitKat? Well done, Ryan, you're today's winning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every single show this week, sending you off to the Sydney roll Easter Show. It's back April the second. This week till the thirteenth, grab your early bird tickets and you can save money at Easter Show dot com dot au. You're listening out for the hidden Easter Egg every morning on the show. It has gone off. Today's one line nine five and fifty five thousand point three recurring. It is you, Raylen, come on down really seriously, it's you raining You're soon the Sydney run Easter Show Family Pass.
Speaker 2: I'm dumbfounded.
Speaker 8: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: We aim to dumbfounder listeners. That's our show logo and he dunb found in Australia since twenty eighteen, the Christian O'Connor show. It's a family pass to the Ronnie is to show. You get unlimited right, unlimited rights all day on. The kids are going to love it. Ten showbags as well, will fly you to Sydney, put you up for the night and you get six hundred dollar master can't spending money as well. Oh wow, I'm going to take my daughter and my two grandkids and we've got friends in Sydney and they'll be.
Speaker 2: At the show, so we'll run team up with them. How wonderful.
Speaker 1: Oh great, So you've got better easter plans now, all right, Raylan, have a lovely Easter with your kids, any grandkids and your family as well. Thanks for corn the show. Well done.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Gold. It's just amazing. Thank you, my pleasure. I have a lovely Easter.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I had to go and pick up my wife from a hospital appointment and it was an air in a suburb. But don't know very well and I got their bit early, and I don't know if you've had anywhere near hospitals. Trying to get anywhere to park ground there as a nightmare. So I'm going down side streets sort of doing ever decreasing and increasing circles. So I don't know where the hospital is right now. She's had a local anesthetic. She's gonna have to walk about eight ks it is now at all, So anyway, I find someone to park. It's just in a residential street, and I make sure they're not blocking anyone's driveway, and I wait for the call from my wife's he can come and get me. Go try and trace my steps back. So I'm there about twenty minutes, just outside somehow, and I look in and I see that there's someone looking at me. You know, we all do that pier when there's some strange CAI I don't recognize. And it's not permit holders. I'm not blocking a dryway. But I could see this lady restanding at me and I sort of wave to say, hope, it's all right. She doesn't say anything like like move the car. Ten minutes later, this lovely woman comes out who listens to the show called Narrel with a cup of tea and some biscuits. She goes, it is you, isn't it Christian? I went show, Can I ask what you're doing? I started? I went, I'm going door to door. I'm just looking for new listeners. I can tick you off the list. We haven't got the budgets from marketing. I'm literally door to do all like the Avon man. Hello, can I interest you on a breakfast show?
Speaker 3: Oh that is so sweet.
Speaker 1: She brought a cup of tea out and some biscuits.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 1: We had a lovely chat, really nice chat. And then I went to go and pick up my wife and she saw that there was some biscuits in the car. And then I had to explain that a lady called Narel had brought out some likely story, and she had she had a local anesthetics. She wasn't really in the mood for the confusion of all. I think I don't think she actually brought the story either. I said, don't randomly have affairs with people. I don't go door to door going what do you say with me? Do anything? Or a skit for a bitskit coming to the Christian o'connall's show in me all right. The thing I also saw in this new suburb, oh I went traveling yesterday was a pizza business with a great name. I love seeing local businesses that have got a funny name, you know where they put a but thought into it. It's a pun based name. But can we love that? Every day? And the time waster? And it was earth Wind and Flower. Oh and I gave an imaginery hatchip. I was like, that is I've not seen that one before for a pizza place, earth Wind and Flower. So we're going to call this puney business. And I know we got people listening all round Australia right now. You'll know in your suburb or your town maybe it's not there anymore, or it still is right now. A puney business. Those businesses, local businesses that have put some effort into giving you a bit of a grin and a smile with a business name. They're always very proud of them as well. They know what they've done. You know. They want you to be your horn or to weigh. We'll take a photo of it. Someone's we've seen before on the show. We've heard about our lawn in order guarding business. Lawn in order. It's genius Miami Rice. You might have worked that out. Chinese restaurant Miami Rice is genius. Belly and the pets Belly in the Pets is the greatest pet shop ever. Also the tree Looppers called tree Musketeers. I want them to be three Irish guys as well. At friend Finton. They from five minutes.
Speaker 5: Ago, the Irish Lashman.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, there's no slashes, Irish dot trust me, just Irish. Hopefully calls them again this week. Ria, you've got one then, a punny business.
Speaker 7: Yes, a Chinese restaurant. Two wongs make it right? Oh wow, that is very very owned by the Wongs. Yes, wow, wow, Patsy, have you ever seen one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a cafe in Berwin called thanks s late.
Speaker 1: That's good, it's lovely. It's just the way that Patsy said it really aggressively. Thanks to Latte. However, perhaps he's there head of customer suppers. Is no hairdressers out your way curl up and die?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is in Werriby, Yes, in western Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you can age the kind of person might go there?
Speaker 3: Really, what sort of age bracket?
Speaker 1: I don't want to say anymore.
Speaker 3: What are you saying? I don't go there?
Speaker 5: If that's what you said, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Saying that at all. I'm not saying I'm not saying anything special. I'm saying nothing. What you said? What did I say? I'm scared? Ada? She ever seen a puney business? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I had a year in Ireland. There's so many businesses in Ireland and one of them.
Speaker 1: Was so many businesses and Iland, oh wow, Michael Paidon's new travel shows just started, honey, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And this pub called the Cat dragged In?
Speaker 1: They would say, do you cat dragged in?
Speaker 4: And there's also for Pete's Steak in sliger.
Speaker 1: Ah, brilliant one. All right, what have you got them puney business names?
Speaker 2: Let us know the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're asking for your local businesses with a smart or funny name. Were calling it punny business. They're all some kind of pun What are the odds? We mentioned lawn in Order, there's also lawn and Order. Rowan the guy whose business as is listening right now, Christian. He used to be a compass shopman in the corner from me. The slogan was compasses get one or get lost. Ali. That's one of my favorite ones. Dry cleaning business in my local shopping center, the Brown Gouge. Thank you, Christian. There's a shop here in Surrey Hill, Sydney, which makes custom cushions. That's a business. That's a separate thing to mine. That's a business. I saw a place yesterday that is a shop that sells artisanal flavored popcorn. I try to go in to get our producer, Kanaan, who munches that stuff. It loves popkin. They don't you know some business that just don't open on random They're now open on Mondays. There's no demand for popcorn on a Monday, you know what.
Speaker 5: I kind of that makes sense to me. Who's who's eating move who's eating movies? Who's watching movies on a Monday. What's the need for pop day?
Speaker 3: Probably all weekend?
Speaker 1: You see? Of course you're right, you're making hey the weekend in the popcorn business, Dad, We yeah, nailed that. Good meeting guys the same time tomorrow Christian Plumber's van had a really good one. But I can't remember the name. Gee, thanks, who's my greatest text we're going to get this year? What do you want to do with that? Tanya? Come back to me, you know, Wilbo at some point about five o'clock to night, trying to be thinking of something else, and they go, I got that plumber's business message me then, oh for seven five three one four three Christian, I used to have a lawn mowing service that still earn the name. You look after that eye pizza go with the mow? Oh nice? How many someone wants to buy it? And Martin's got it still He's hanging onto that. It's like real estate jem. People start buying up websites and domain names. Yeah I've got over thirty what really?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I know, I genuinely have.
Speaker 5: Can we find out what they were?
Speaker 1: Please? Yeah, you can buy them? Question? What about a car hire and van hire company? Only vans. Oh very good. You're clapping that you're a fan. I am really good. Christian. My secretarial business is called Forever Typing, and you know, like forever young time. Have you seen that every time the phone goes hello, Forever Typing. Piston Broke Mechanics. She loved that one. We haven't heard her laugh on the shower this year. She loves that old kind of old timey triple M Pete triple M nineteen nineteen. Mom the fruities on Piston sponsored by Piston Broke. Oh god, this is comedy at last.
Speaker 3: Instagram on this shirt.
Speaker 1: I try, Christian. My groomer in Q is called Bark to the Future.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I love that one.
Speaker 1: Christian Sydney handdressers Do or Die. Chinese restaurant out my way called walk this Way. He's coming, that's right, Tana. Have you remembered that plumber's name yet? Four seventy five three one oh four three Lizzie, Good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, guys. I quite often follow a small track van around the Clyde North area and it's making staircases and the name of the truck is sorry, the name of the business is called step brothers.
Speaker 1: Wow, great one. That is a great one. And why are you following them? Oh?
Speaker 8: Because I'm driving to work and they're obviously going around.
Speaker 1: Or you're private detective about something.
Speaker 5: She works in the staircase district.
Speaker 1: She's on the case.
Speaker 8: The staircase got rid of my two story house, so I don't need to anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, good to clear that. All right, Lizzie, thank you very much. Good day. Tom's phone in? Do you upstairs? But today we carry on with puny business. Tar you remember the name of that plumber yet? Come on? Uh Donna, good morning, welcome to the show. Good morning.
Speaker 8: So I've got shot framed and hung a picture framing.
Speaker 1: I wonder what the wonder what the story was when we started telling me about.
Speaker 8: And then I've got another one which was let us in so a fruit and vegetable.
Speaker 1: Both very very good, both memorable. Thank you so much for corn the show. Have a good day. Thank you, Christian, Thank you mate a Christian O'Connell show podcast. Thank you very much for sharing all the local funny business names recording it punny business. You can text me yours oh four seven five O three one oh four three tell you what your streams. Really love that turburger. Wondern't you wow wet about a thousand a minute coming into that one. If you ever see such a funny thing. They're all from Pats. It's the same one. Stop it now. Christian Dry Cleaning business. Drop your pants here, it's so good. You know what's crashy calf? You saw that. You do a double take. That's really funny, Steve, thank you very much for sharing. You have a great day as well. Christian my son got some driving lessons here in Sydney driving school. It was called I want to pee. That's smart. Carol Dog Training business. Sit happens, very good ace of space landscapers, that's very good ace of space. Justine pain in the glass window.
Speaker 3: Repairs when you need to repair, that's what they called it.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks to explaining things. Someone got it.
Speaker 5: Well. A SPADs go.
Speaker 1: On Burglar, Oh God, show us your crack phone repair company, Wack and Walt Chinese restaurant in double my word, a lego shopping a Christian called I'm Rick James Bricks. That's very neat. Not everyone's going to get that, but that's incredible. Harry Poppins Pet Nanny she's a pet nanny's pet nanny. She's a pet naw. Yeah, you're going to get some miss calls Harry Poppins pet nanny in Sydney. Christian, I'm sure you can read this one out. I can't lived in Auckland Free year came across this place, Sushi place. No, there's no way I'm saying that one Christian kebab shop. Who needs abs when you can have a kebabs? So I think my favorite one is actually the Compass Place, Get one or get lost. It's subtle, is very good.
Speaker 2: Christian Connor Show Podcast pme.
Speaker 1: Man back on the show this week, giving you free fuel, trying to do our bit to have you all out. Actually, can you tell me this? Why is it they're not all states are doing free public transport. I don't understand how Victoria is, Tasmania is. Why aren't all states doing free public transport, doing their bit to help people out?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a question. I think they just don't want to, Otherwise they would be.
Speaker 1: They don't want to. It's not good enough. People have really struggling in the tanks and emails we're getting about why people need help right now, The cost of living is through the roof and then the fuel is crazy and there are people who needed to get to work. There are nurses, essential workers. It started to remind me of the early days of dorn.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I think actually they should start prioritizing essential workers really different. We all need fuel, but some of them really really need you do and so it's tough, isn't it. And I was thinking yesterday, do you think there are people who are changing their plans for this Easter where actually long drive going to see rallies. It's just they just can't afford to because obviously Australia, big country, you got three four hour drives that you'd normally do and look forward to it and plan on it. But now that's costing so much money I wanted. People are actually changing Easter bands, which is heartbreaking. I've got to drive to Newcastle. That's a that's a twelve ten hour drive from Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Take out a loan for that one.
Speaker 1: Like what's that going to cost? You know what? You need to speak too? Old mate, up man, you're turning away, Alex the sports guy coup Man.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Alex, there's not enough fuel in the take to send you to Newcastle.
Speaker 5: I've got to save it for the listeners.
Speaker 3: Wow, alum's then truck stuff or the other side of the right.
Speaker 1: That is awkward. All right, call in now if you need pumped up by pump Man, and then you would hear these beautiful words. They really are beautiful words.
Speaker 5: You need pump.
Speaker 1: So someone was in the supermarket yesterday Pumped Me Up was being played. They thought Pump's here, Actually it's around all right, we got Linda, Linda, good morning, welcome to the sham. Pump Man.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pumpman.
Speaker 1: Can you please put me up?
Speaker 8: I'm literally at the service station and it's two dollars seventy.
Speaker 2: Five to fill out? Please? Can I have some hundred dollars to fill it out?
Speaker 5: Like an act? Quick, Linda, I'm gonna pump you up right now.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wait, that is instant pumping with a nozzle made remember everyone of love. Okay, all right, Linda, you've been pumped up. Have a great day. Hello he Linda, store pump you've been pump Yeah, this's you're just to hang around in the glow of an after pump always. I didn't mean it like that anyway. There you go down, then I'll going bright red thank thank you.
Speaker 7: Bo.
Speaker 1: Please move on. Kathy's still in the system. Kathleen, good morning, good morning. How are we We're good? Now you need some free fuel.
Speaker 2: Oh look, it's one.
Speaker 7: Hundred and twenty dollars up at the moment.
Speaker 8: It can be like a two hour travel to work if I need topic transport.
Speaker 1: I is telling me it's about three hours. Oh my god, that's crazy. We've got to help you out, pump pan, Hapleen.
Speaker 5: I'd be happy to help you out. Consider yourself.
Speaker 1: Pump you, Kathleen, you've been pumped.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Sure tell her your friends where you got pumped. And I know it's marketing obviously. Who is this Jade Hi Jan Hi Jade?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm just at the gym at the moment, just trying to look as good as you, and I'd well love one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: He has got a primal bowser rig on him. Pump man.
Speaker 7: You've got to put in the work in the gym, Jane, and you're doing it right now, so you know what that means.
Speaker 5: It's time to get pump.
Speaker 1: No, it's too aggressive. Im me yelling at females. It's time to get pumped in the gym. Sorry about this. Sorry, he's too much testo thrown in his head. He's on the crea teen at the moment. He's juicing, he's roady, he's got a load of dodgy stuff. Juice Man is here to get that beach body ready, right, Jade, Thank you very much, pump Man pumping again to row.
Speaker 5: Of course, Christian never a day off.
Speaker 1: Now it looks like there's some fuel left over. Whatsaver old Bend driving in Newcastle in the Channel seven news mobile.
Speaker 5: I can guess you just sity.
Speaker 1: What great news you come? Man back again tomorrow morning on the show. Until the boss was just not coming up next? Signs you an adult? No, no, can you send us to and we need we need to actually grab a coum adults, that's what we need. The signs.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I always take a look at if I'm seeing on a lamp post picture of a missing pet, I will go and have a good look. All right, Okay, I'm gonna keep my out. I'm gonna do my bit as a community member here. I've got dogs who got cats, and if they went missing, I'd be heartbroken. So I'll have a look a walk around while I'm walking the dog, see if I can see Sam, the parrot that's been missing for now six months? Is he missing or is he not come home? Or did Sam come back? You take the posters? No update the postern or r I P Sam? Okay? I like and tonight for Sam coming in the rainbow connection. You know, but let us know can be wasting my time right now. I can't be up there looking for Sam. The parrots stop for six months? You know we need closure update those signs. Very good point there is you think about those signs up there every day. Those dogs and cancer have gone missing? Or are they back? Yes?
Speaker 5: Asking the big questions here always.
Speaker 1: My friend, always right now signs you an adult. You're trying to do a bit more adulting at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: When I was a teenager and I first started drinking, I hated the taste of beer.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Probably I could never work out why my dad loved it so much.
Speaker 7: But you're like, well, if I'm going to fit in and I'm going to go to the pub, I'm gonna have to learn to like this. So you just drink it and drink it and drink it until you learn to tolerate it, and then eventually you'll like it.
Speaker 1: And that's a great example of kids. Right now on the score run of peer Pressure, Wow we Ill Manisphere is live and well Manisphere Radio. Let me throw who's going to come on overword with you?
Speaker 5: But now I've got a delicious I like being now and it worked. But now I'm thirty three. All my friends are drinking tea.
Speaker 1: Good on them.
Speaker 5: I don't like tea, but I'm trying now to do the same thing I.
Speaker 1: Did for beer, but for tea, every afternoon you need you need positive pit pressure.
Speaker 5: Yes, literally every afternoon.
Speaker 7: Now at four, I have tea and I'm starting with a lot of sugar and then I'm going to try to drop the sugar and I.
Speaker 1: Don't have any sugar in I Actually I was having six to eight cups of tea about twenty years ago with two teaspoons of sugar and everyone very high blood pressure. So I went to see a therapist to get me to stop shopping sugar. And it works. I've never had the person went. You know. The person said to me, I've helped people all kinds of addiction stuff like that, went okay, it was command one. It's sugar and my tea. And the guy went and does that lead to smoking? I went, no, no, no, no, it's just that is the that is the addiction. Could Okay, this is gonna tell I think. I think I was out in twenty minutes. I've never had sugar again in my tea. There's eighteen years ago.
Speaker 7: Maybe I could go to a hypnotherapist that will teach me to like tea so I can help sugar.
Speaker 1: I have a little bit of a half teaspoon of raw honey. That's really nice. Even in herbal teas that can be nice.
Speaker 5: I just want to tea.
Speaker 7: So it's either too bitter or it doesn't taste like anything to me. But I really I love the idea of drinking.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's a nice What it is, I think it's the ritual of it's the habit of it. Yeah, the making of the tea is sometimes more endurable than some of the tastes sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got the little tea pot your fine china.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a whole ceremony in the Japanese tea ceremony. Another sign you're an adult is you start recommending podcasts. Right in my gym, there's all twenty year old lads working out in the right. I never overhear any of them going, you got to you ever heard the rest of History? It's huge. They do live tours. They're selling out arenas to middle aged people, not twenty year olds. They're not. They're not. They're not in the market for a three hour podcast on Genghis Khan the Warlord. I put yourself, it's brilliant. Not in my twenties. No garden, no sign you an adult. The other sign of the annoyt is you recommend a podcast or somebody and he catch the colors late and go you just think they go no, and you're like.
Speaker 5: Oh, friends, do you need the whole polarba where you like pretend I'm going to let me just make.
Speaker 1: Let me Patsy. What do you think is a sign you're an adult?
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 6: You premeditate any sort of chore in the garden, anything that involves physical activity by popping some anti inflammatories before.
Speaker 1: I never thought about it before, Yes, I never thought about it.
Speaker 3: Just hit it off at the past.
Speaker 1: Have it before you, Micky or in the rest though you know he's just pumping himself out of all those different mets before he goes out than wrestles.
Speaker 5: It's just inevitable.
Speaker 3: You're going to wake up and not be able to move the next day.
Speaker 1: So like we always have, like taping up you know.
Speaker 5: The day you have had like a panado before you drink for your hangover.
Speaker 1: Get the phone rolling around, start doing some fashion release oranges.
Speaker 3: No, you just know you're going to be sore, so go to your friends.
Speaker 1: Absolutely great idea pastes. Yeah, Alex will suit for you. Sign you an adult.
Speaker 4: I used to go to a cinema in Sydney, the Rid Cinema in Randwick, amazing place all the time, and I used to see old people drinking coffee. I'm now one of those people drinking coffee at the movies.
Speaker 1: Coffee at the movies. What chop tops cokey color not coffee?
Speaker 5: Is it to stay away here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Kind of? You know, any time of the night, I always judge those old times because its flipping ages. There's a big cue of us. Other people just want quick snacks and go just want my time, your own and a sprite or a Fanta and then waking it for old Nana. It's three of us. Actually, three coffees please, and it's always shunk eight year old. It doesn't winning now the coffee machine, it's always run out. They've got that tappy thing that's not banging that thing at the sight of it.
Speaker 7: And you get a certain age where you want your coff the extra hot. Only people over forty.
Speaker 1: Extra they will throw it out if it's not one hundred and eight degree.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Thank.
Speaker 1: You very much all these signs you are an adult. When you realize you have to work out what's for dinner every night for the rest of your life endless one of the worst realizations. It's an existential dread. Everyone has what is it for dinner tonight? My daughter's twenty one. She lives with her flatmate now, and she said, I had no idea it was going to be part of my life. Is that what she sucks every day? Just yeah, yeah, you know, I kept telling you when you were turning around and slow down, slow down, draw those three dinners and meals. They run out one day and then you'll have to look in that fridge of that pantry. There's not enough, and you the energy to the supermarket. Christian sim's you're an adult. I have say you sent me a photo. Here supplements I can see for knees, memory, and vitamins. You've missed the other ones I've got, which is about eight thousand. Just help me go to bed. Got my magnesium, the el thinning camramil t It's the whole procedure. Now, it's the pre flight chat before landing a plane, till they get me to go to sleep. Christian signs your an adult. Ignoring that email you know you'll need in a couple of weeks time with pernent information. You just ignore it and then you start searching in the inbox. Christian, I don't realize the other day you're you're an adult if you don't use your thumbs for texting. That's from Alexis. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's such a good one, big one, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Someone does that really? Oh wow? Yeah, typey tuppy typewriter with the quirky keyboard looking at me. We will. Christian signs you an adult when you get excited, you've got no weekend plans. Christian, also, we need to find out. I'm now worried about Sam the parrot. I'll be worried about him all day. I know this has been six months in my life. Christian warm, fuzzy feeling you get instantly when the plans canceled. Christian yourn adult need to remember which bing goes out which week? Well sided, Jess, I've actually got them color coded in my diary on Erler, not ned, Alert Winner, Alert wire Winning an adulting.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's time Waste. So we're looking for your meat bands. Today is National Meat Day.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I for grabs Cocoa Black Delicious Chocolate Cocoa Black Easter Prize pack worth of a two hundred dollars Coca Black's handcrafted Easter range, made to share gifts and enjoy. Now there might be some of you probably wanted, Christian, why haven't you got any stats here about where Australia is im placed on the Beef Quality and Reputation Survey of twenty six Well, I have, I've got ahead. You know you came into there was like have you really on if we don't talk about it, you know radio one on one. Well, the beef power rankings of the world, Australia is at number two.
Speaker 5: Guys, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 1: Now what beef is in the top five, along with Australia which is at number two, which is amazing.
Speaker 5: It's got to be Japan with that Kobe beef the.
Speaker 3: Number one, number one, like well, the US because Texas has.
Speaker 1: To be five four. Kiwi's at number four. Argentina yes, yeah, beautiful state. That's a number three. Now we know everybody, all right? Meat bands? Hold on, who's singing that? Wilks and phillips On Fleetwood, Big Mac, Silver heel Ham, Sirlin and GoF Uncle. Tell you there's also Swedish meat You go to Ikey have the Swedish meat balls. There was a Swedish band in there the other day at my local ike That's right, was sometimes the archer must pull that bow back us and Queens of the sausage, Queens of the sauce.
Speaker 7: Okay, what have you got then, great Ozzie singer, we love her. Amy Shank.
Speaker 1: If you're a certain age, you remember there was a big hit back in the nineties or two thousands from a band called Shanks and Bigfoot.
Speaker 5: I don't remember, Oh yeah, what was the song?
Speaker 1: I can't remember? Tanya, can you remember what's the name of that plumbers company? You told us about sons an adult. He said that coming come back to me, come back to me. Real, What what have you got?
Speaker 5: Jackie Wilson he loves Bill Tong.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, he's always chuning on ag, isn't he.
Speaker 5: He's calling himself Jerkie Wilson.
Speaker 1: What I beg your pardon? Yeah, Old Jason, that's where you could actually gold pluts. Wow, that is wagoo. That is that's wagoo.
Speaker 5: My friend, bachelor girl's got a new gig. Oh my word, she's butcherer girl.
Speaker 1: No, she is a and Lord you know she loves right station for Lord fans. Yeah, you're number one Lord station. Oh Lord, it's Lord.
Speaker 5: She's renamed now she's just Lord.
Speaker 1: I'm over some tallow ones as well. Coming up to the next five minutes, there's two deep cuts, all right, so oh four seven three one oh four three your meat bands and I can't wait to meet the winner. Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Do you know going through all your time wastes today, which is meat bands? Making me really hungry this morning at five m I made myself a nice chicken and Perry Perry sauce sandwich. After the show, as I was leaving this morning, ten minutes and my houseover so close to cry anyway, I told my wife. She said, oh you've left. You think he must have made it before the show? She said, do you want me to uber into work? I went, no, the others will laugh at me, laugh at me? Would they would have given me a wede? Your mommy sends you lunches? No, she doesn't take my mom's out of your mouth back in the toilet. I really did think they're just laugh at me. Tiny sandwich bottle. She would have done. I would have done the same. It's sad we're growing up. So I'm a week away from fifty three. When would childhood be over? The red Arsler Never for any of us. We're constantly stuck in that, aren't we? Anyway?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Anyway, what are we going to do by day? Meat Man's that's the time wast today, Katie Perry Perry Chicken didn't mention the wars. That's what got me going now that Silva, Oh find you happy place, Chrissy will chang Ham Gold Chris, Well, then that's very good. Meat Bands is a time waste today? In Notori's p I G. Gold on and pure pold byork Oh oh, that's very clever. Joe Siger is well done. Flank Sinatra silver plus nine inch quails god, oh so relatable. You know who's talk about meats. You always go straight to qun oh putting on the quail and the barbie. That's what they say in Australia. Well, how much met you get on that minimeter? T bones eye silver, t boney m silver. That's enough t bones for now. Seven nations Salami.
Speaker 5: That's a song. But bronzo.
Speaker 1: Like that is not running school here. Yeah, like Patsy said, for no reason, it's Easton fisty chip alata trick.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: Listen to the man who with two junior university degrees. Exquisite there, elementary mister Watson quails anyone the beefy boys gold. What about the artists formerly known as mince and didn't wears so much pleasure you get from sent the wood mince. That is funny, mattch thank you, Pepperoni Mitchell. That is smart, Johnny Mitchell Reverence silver, Tomahawk, Petty silver, Limb Briskip gold. Her Limb brisket is very good. Don't make that the winner because it encourages that band. You weren't going to make that the winner. Scribble scribble and who is today? Who is today's winner?
Speaker 5: It's going to be the exquisite chip Alata trick.
Speaker 6: My.
Speaker 1: Inn shot his MSI bitter Oh she scars. Exquisite Radio, More exquisite radio. Tomorrow morning from six when you wake up, we're back to my Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 7: He's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day