Speaker 1: Brit there is a news article that is going viral at the moment. Well actually it's a it's a surgeon who's created content put it out on Instagram. It's currently had four million views and it is accruing more rapidly. The reason for this is because he has taken diy, or doing surgery on himself to all new heights.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can take doing surgery on yourself to all new heights. I think that is the height people don't do surgery.
Speaker 1: I mean, for example, you could do a minor surgery, like you could close your own elb up if you had stretched elbes. I don't think what else you could think. There's a difference between stitching a cut rather than giving yourself open heart surgery. Right like it had not all built the same. He did stitch a cut of sorts to me. So this man, he is a doctor, he's a surgeon. He's from Taiwan and he streamed this online. Basically, he had three children and as a gift to his wife, he decided it was time for him to have a vasectomy. But not only did he go and get a vasectomy, he gave himself a visectomy.
Speaker 2: On normally actually insane.
Speaker 1: Normally of a sectomy takes like around half an hour to forty minutes. He came out and said it took him twice as long because it was a little bit more complicated having to do it to himself. He said, like there was only one point in the operation where it seemed as though he was visibly in pain. He had to like put the tools down, He laid back, had a moment before like processing what he was doing, and then he just got straight back to work down there, snip and cutting, tying up stuff.
Speaker 2: That is next level, isn't it. He did say he could feel it even though he had a local. He's like, it still feels weird to be able to feel in your penis what you're sewing up. I actually don't understand the purpose of it. Just get put under. You've got a doctor friends, you know what.
Speaker 1: He did say this one thing which I agree with, but it was particularly funny. He said, I am really brave, and yes you are, yes you are. But also if your wife has to give birth to three children, this should become the normal. Men should be giving themselves vaseectomy. We've got to all have childbirth and kind of go through that. I didn't do this to myself. I try I don't mean that. Don't try that at home.
Speaker 2: Everyone, no one listening to you. Who's gonna go and try this sect me at.
Speaker 1: Home or no, in case I could get myself in trouble with compliance on radio or something. If somebody turns around and says Laura Burns said, and then they do it, I'm gonna lose my job.
Speaker 2: Well, then we're gonna lose that job over a lot of stuff. I remember, I didn't do it to myself, but my boyfriend at the time did. I just got him. He was a doctor, and I got him to bring some equipment home and I sewed up my ear holes on my bed, like we just laid down at home and he sewed my ears up. It like a little operate. We set up a little operating table in my room and he just sowd them mile. That's like as close as I do it yourself operation at home that I've ever done.
Speaker 1: I wonder, like how much this kind of like breaches heaps, Like yeah, like breaches like legislation stuff around, like codes of being a doctor.
Speaker 2: They did it was in another country, so no one in Australia come for me, and that was a lie. Made the whole story out.
Speaker 1: Well, this did happen in Taiwan, so maybe they have different rules and what is in Australia. But apparently they did an investigation and he didn't actually break any rules by creating this content. He had a urologist on hand in case anything went wrong, so we had someone in the room to take that. I mean, if you've got someone in the room, just let him do it in the first place.
Speaker 2: Lay back.
Speaker 1: You don't need to be working this hard.
Speaker 2: Even now, he's probably the first person to have vseected me himself. Like there's probably a Guinness World record in that or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there is. I think like, if we have another kid, Matt will then get a visectomy. I'm pretty like Matt, No, I'm going to give him one. We're going to diy in our house as well. No, I think he would. I think he would be keen to. I actually don't. I think that if we had a third child, the fear of a fourth child would probably propel him to want to do so. His podcast partner, like my husband does a podcast two Doting dads with a guy named ash Wigs. He went and got a vsectomy like the day after he'd had his second child, because he was like, oh, we're done now. What.
Speaker 2: That's pretty excessive, is it, Yeah, because the day after, like your feelings aren't well.
Speaker 1: I normally know. If it was the day after, it's very Strong's
Speaker 2: Laura Burn spinning those lines again on radio.