Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome to Antiques Clothes Show.
Speaker 2: He's good up there for radioing down there, Dad, that's.
Speaker 1: My gold of Gemini. All right, Anti's close show. What have you still got Patty? You got any old clothes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've got a heap of old clothes.
Speaker 1: A couple of old outfits. You're still rock?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got all my year twelve school.
Speaker 1: Uniforms coming here in november'.
Speaker 3: Very funny, Yeah, hilarious.
Speaker 1: Would get outs from oh an old old deer.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 3: What do you do with them?
Speaker 4: I just I don't know, because like on the last day of school, we got everyone to sign our uniforms.
Speaker 1: So I've got my You still got it though, And that's from black and white times.
Speaker 2: They would have, you know, maybe like the bomb shelters there was above them raining down water on them and they had time to sign those school shirts.
Speaker 1: Fact with rio, what's your antiques cola show?
Speaker 5: My dad has this beautiful yellow it's like a fur lined jacket.
Speaker 3: From the sixties that every single.
Speaker 1: I've seen a photo, it looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: It looks like it could be with the mummas and the pappas, maybe a triangle player in the background.
Speaker 3: Exactly for all three, me and my.
Speaker 1: Two sweded and like fur lined.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's I guess, yes, it is very I think it is like Swede and then like an lama or al.
Speaker 1: A sort of a belt on it as well, like all the Jackets in the sixties.
Speaker 5: And seven there like as tech kind of pattern down the middle as well.
Speaker 1: It's a vibe, it's a look, it's a state.
Speaker 5: Of being is it's forty six years old, and all three kids, we.
Speaker 3: All love it and we all want it.
Speaker 1: When I got the music fighter, it's just going to go quiet, saying when Papa Eli's all right, he's all right, but if he.
Speaker 2: Starts ticking a bit shaky, you watch him. I would like to say, as he said, anythink about it.
Speaker 3: No, but it goes I think I as the eldest son, I agree should be handed down.
Speaker 5: To me and not my sisters. I think it would fit me better than it would them. But it's a bit of an.
Speaker 3: Yes, it needs to be written in the will.
Speaker 4: Make it official.
Speaker 2: I found a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad I still have it. All to talk about Oasis. I have my Oasis T shirt that I brought in nineteen ninety four, July nineteen ninety four, so remember buying it.
Speaker 1: Still have it.
Speaker 2: And I actually was talking about the other day to some friends and I went, you know, so at ninety four, it's twenty one years old, and they went chuck another ten on that.
Speaker 1: I went, Wait, the.
Speaker 2: Nineties was thirty years ago. I've told myself, convinced me it's only twenty years ago. Since the nineties, it's thirty years ago. I remember being on the project last year and I said, on there, you know it's in the nineties, twenty years ago, and some younger producer Buzzy May.
Speaker 1: Went thirty years ago. I was like, and I was live on TV and I was doing the sums, going my god.
Speaker 3: So on that shit's my age.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me, Yes, thirty one, it's as old as you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm going to bring it in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The real thing about it is is what's really sad is it's shrunk so much.
Speaker 1: No, that's my story.
Speaker 3: I'm sticking to it.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, now, it's shrunk. It has it's shrunk. That's my story.
Speaker 2: Let me have it, guys, all right, anti's close show what item of clothing have you still got?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast, and.
Speaker 2: He's go show what, oh bit of clothing do you still own? Christian, my son turns eighteen in August. I still have tubs with all his baby clothes. They're all in great condition, too sentimental. Yeah, don't ever throw those away. Even though we've been downsizing over the last couple of months, we've still got a lot of the little some of the shoes, baby shoes, socks with the little vel crow fartings because of this is too much to do with the shoelaces, loads of certain night outfits and stuff like that. You must never throw that away. It's really important those things. Christian, I still have a Wow. I'm surprised you've not burnt this, especially this year. I can only be talking about a blues fan, can't I. I still have a Carlton Premieres T shirt from nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: Actually didn't know they exist, what carton?
Speaker 1: They're not giving much evidence of it this year.
Speaker 2: My dad brought for me at the local pub from some guy week before the Grand Final was even played.
Speaker 1: That's how I.
Speaker 2: Used to sell stuff as some guy the local pub. It was way before there was eBay, there was some guy at a local pub. I wore it to school for a whole week before the Grand Final would even played. Luckily Carton one so I didn't look but it didn't look like a complete idiot, Derek. That was to come many years later, Derek Ifro, looker here. I've kept my flower girl dress that I wore when I was four years old and my Auntie got married. Twenty years later, my daughter wore the same dress.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Wow she now is it framed? It's forty five years old, Chris. Because I got a cowboy hat that my parents bought for me for my eighteenth I only ever wore it once.
Speaker 1: I'm now forty five. That's incredible, Christian.
Speaker 2: I stirred my Madonna and Tina Turner merch t shirts from the early nineties and I have hanging in our wardrobe. Rio begged me to read this one out, but I said, I don't know. I don't think he means it this way, but it just reads and now time for a new feature called Unintentional creep of the Week.
Speaker 3: No, what is that?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm getting this wrong. Let me get kill the music I have hanging in our wardrobe, especially if.
Speaker 1: You is my voice, these are just the pipes I've got. These are God given pipes. If a Rainbow coers speak, this is how it would sound.
Speaker 2: I have hanging in our wardrobe the short dress by now wife wore on our first date.
Speaker 1: That was forty one years ago.
Speaker 4: That's not creepy.
Speaker 1: She wanted to throw it away. She can still get away with it.
Speaker 5: Oh today, it's the description of short and she could still get away.
Speaker 3: I'd say, that's how hard. I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: That's what I came to my conclusion about Craig really admiring his wife in no cap I.
Speaker 1: Gave him no name. You have made two very big mistakes. Do you know what you're going to get?
Speaker 2: Alanna Sma sat thirty minutes after the break, rapid response producers.
Speaker 4: I think it's beautiful. He's saying that she's actually beautiful as the day I saw him a little that's it.
Speaker 1: You're right, petty, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I've still got the dress. I wore on my first date with the love God. Yes, hi, poker dot dress.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right, this is that I could read this ininative a way.
Speaker 2: Could Hey, I've still how how in and our order of the short dress my now wife wore on our first date.
Speaker 1: That was forty one years ago. She wanted to throw it away.
Speaker 2: She can still get away with it today.
Speaker 1: That is lovely.
Speaker 2: It's all right, coming up next to the show. Then, Oh no, that was thirty minutes ago. Sorry, so confused with the producers that they're getting in the way of the show trying to tap me back flash back to thirty minutes ago when he could have done with that. It's called retro producings. In case there's any students of the game listening, Darren's on the line. Good morning, Darren.
Speaker 6: Cat three.
Speaker 7: How are you this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're go Darren, And welcome to the late ninety.
Speaker 7: Order from the ninety a denim jacket d K and why in red riding across the back that I thought you've been rocking still since since.
Speaker 1: The early nineties, still rocking it now?
Speaker 2: The old d k N Why that that brand was huge? Donna Karen New Yorker Ladies Durnham jacket.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 7: Yes, so I still wear that and I used to work in the nightclub in Melbourne. That PACKI m I remember called Bobby McGee.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, so much to say about.
Speaker 7: Going out jacket. Never one knew that Darren had the DK white jacket. I've never seen another one like it.
Speaker 4: Good reason, all right, For a second I thought it might have liked passed him.
Speaker 3: On the dance.
Speaker 1: In that beautiful jacket. D k n why everyone knew it does is in town. Oh my god, thank God. Shout out to Bobby McGee. Steve. Good morning, Steve.
Speaker 6: Yes, good morning. Many years ago in the seventies, I used to be a tenthin bowler, and in my own legend, in my own lunchtime, I've still got my tenthin bowling shirt with all my badges, all my little.
Speaker 1: You know what do you call it?
Speaker 6: My two hundred badge, my two seventy nine doubles championships, Victoria badge. I was just so good.
Speaker 1: Why not? Why not? Steve?
Speaker 6: My wife's narrator keeps threatening to throw it out in the bedroom, but I keep resisting. And it's the one thing that I've kept from all those years ago that we occasionally have a blue about, but I refuse to throw it out.
Speaker 1: You've got to hang on to that. You've gotta hang out. And Stevie's still good at teenpin. You still got it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: I haven't bowld for a long time, but but I used to bowl that offen that My middle finger on my right hand is actually bent a little bit because of all the balls I used to ball.
Speaker 1: What a story, that's I believe.
Speaker 2: I believe it all right, Steve, thank you very much to call him.
Speaker 1: All right, So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Hey reset everywhere everyone's going a little bit giggly, and to just calm it down. Thank you, Thank you. Ela.
Speaker 3: Have enough.
Speaker 2: Next, I'm actually worried about the next hour the show. It's got the wheels who come off the show the last seven Normally it's like this on the last show.
Speaker 1: Before I break. Team.
Speaker 2: Let's reform, okay, regroup we radio as one name game as in is coming up next.
Speaker 1: Which is a tricky game to put the best of times. Hang on a minute, What am I thinking? The Christian Oconnell Show Podcast