Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: HiT's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day. Good morning, Pats, good morning, Good morning, Alex, Good morning, Rio, good morning. I've just made a note during that song of like, what do I think are the hot topics right now for this show? Okay, Rio, do you agree with this order? At three? When do the kids go back to school?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Come on, kids, get back.
Speaker 2: In the classrooms, hit the books, leave mom and dad alone now, yes?
Speaker 1: When do they go back?
Speaker 2: Summer back today, summer back tomorrow, New South Wales next week.
Speaker 1: It's all over. The shop is already back today.
Speaker 4: No, No, she's going back Friday.
Speaker 1: And they're doing like this, doing a little cheeky half day I know.
Speaker 4: And they're doing this outdoor ed thing which she is not excited about, windsurfing and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Winsote seven eight week break straight back.
Speaker 4: What is this team building sort of being for all the new Charles.
Speaker 2: Zvi x Man Institute is a Swiss boarding school whereas lives. The only Swiss there is Toburran chocolate at the seven eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I know one of my nieces is a school teacher and she is back to school today. She's a state school teacher, so I think most of the state schools are back today. So don't forget the forty k.
Speaker 1: Zones, all right. And then the other two things are the heat in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean we don't work outside in it, so people who are working outdoors yesterday, I don't know how you did that, speak of someone who genetically is from a different country where you just wouldn't ever it's never been that kind of temperature. I actually didn't know what to do myself. I kept going out in it, just to experience see what such like, what it's like, morbid curiosity.
Speaker 5: It was in We had to drag our mattress from the bedroom into the lounge room because it's our only room with air.
Speaker 1: Cons and you're thirteen. You were having a sleepover. Sleepover. We four.
Speaker 2: You step brothers, Dad Doug can wettrag the mattress for interactivities.
Speaker 1: And did that work? It worked?
Speaker 5: Better than the bedroom, but it was still the heat was still coming through the walls. You could feel it radiating.
Speaker 1: It was insane. Sot. Yeah, Patsy, what was it like? Your way? You could have to like forty three forty four, We got.
Speaker 4: To forty six out west. Yeah, it was shocking. And I woke up, had a little nana nap in the afternoon, woke up in the dog, to his benefit, was nestled right up against me. But he was stuck to my leg when I.
Speaker 1: Went because your ice cold.
Speaker 2: Perhaps has got the blood system of an iguana.
Speaker 4: And a dog that's the size of a pony.
Speaker 1: So it's a hell of a combination.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: So he wanted the cooling system of an iguanadon.
Speaker 4: My goodness, it's like must you of all days? So I gave him an icy pole. We always give a dog an icy Oh no, I bet he loved that. It was just precious. It's on my Instagram if you want to look.
Speaker 1: If you don't like, wow, we are very mister beast.
Speaker 4: So cute though, but any way to cool them down.
Speaker 2: And the other big thing that's trending right now is producer Caitlin's new glasses now, and only bringing this up because she insisted on sending the core team an email saying, check out my glasses.
Speaker 1: Have a look at them.
Speaker 2: And I thought the next line would be let me know what you think, but it simply was.
Speaker 1: Their call full stop. So I tell you what they are.
Speaker 2: They're like the glasses of a professor. So from now on, when you wear them, you're the prop. They're actually very academic.
Speaker 6: To explain them, they have no frames. They've just got these really theme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the old sort of you know, like a head teacher might go their color.
Speaker 1: Are you running in a rush somewhere? Are you? You know when they dip it down and have the bridge of the nose, are you there? Yes? What that sucks up?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to try something new. I always have a big frame. I usually have clear frames, and I thought, well, I just like not get rid of them fully, and I think I look pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well would you say, would you say Rio is one of your best friends? Yeah, well they's best friend you know when you left the studio went they're like academic glasses, Rio goes, and she's no intellectual.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are friends.
Speaker 2: We because when they're my I actually said to him, well, we friends like these and she's no intellectual.
Speaker 1: Wow, guys. Topics Hot Topics.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christian, I'm Pats.
Speaker 2: Finally after eight weeks, my kids go back Friday for some reason for half a day. The only thing they're going in for is school photos.
Speaker 4: Oh that's early.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. Incredible that schools are still doing that, isn't it. Photos.
Speaker 4: I love getting the photos.
Speaker 2: Do you. Yeah, we've still got all of ours, and they dread them coming out because they're real mumbley photos, aren't they. I reckon, even like any big Hollywood star. Now you dig out the school photos, you look at mumbley, there's something about the hair. It's been overcombed or wet down for young boys, just really sort of smeared down plasters to the top of your head. You know, they're normally some sort of spot has come up just the universe the day or two before the photos as well, and also past us so expensive.
Speaker 4: They are very expensive.
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 2: They're higher per photo than the wedding photos, which you're always really expensive.
Speaker 1: Mine a double every time because I've got twins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know it.
Speaker 5: God, surely maybe you could just put those together and do all their instead of individual photoshot.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we had to pay for the siblings, so both the girls together as well and as the separates as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you go to Disneyland you can do this, but this is the package price for that. Oh you could add that on, but it'll cost you. It's like, yeah, just adds up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When we were in Queenstown in the in the New Year, we obviously did the luge, okay, and it's so much fun and you know they have the cameras everywhere, and so dad, even in the nineteen twenty one, can we get the photo of it?
Speaker 1: And I did that old cheap dad move. You know when you do the sneak you're just taking a photo of.
Speaker 2: The screen, No, sir, And there was a huge queue behind me, sir, So you really can't do that.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Is this checking? Uh for the frames? Late's on for the grams, you know, look.
Speaker 2: For the tops are awful, just ugly, just and that's shuffy. I was going to get it anyway. Chuck in the mousemat as well. So what year are you from them? We don't do mousemats anymore.
Speaker 1: What he needs to be. The mousemap was a really cool thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'll get a couple of give them way till the ready's at Christmas. They love that, Oh, they love that. Yesterday I went to see a shoulder specialist. My shoulder has them arrived from out eighteen months and it turns out I know. The lady was waited a while. The waity was like, and so has this been a couple of weeks? I went year and a half. She's like, why are you she was, and then she goes, oh, yeah, because you're a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I've got to go and have an MRI. Oh my god, to be on some terrified I've never been in one of those. Aren't you finally getting that tube?
Speaker 1: They might zap you, certainly the kid.
Speaker 2: Both my daughters have had MRIs, so you've got to go and get in the MRI. Lois my daughter had one a couple of months ago and her appointment was at eight am, and she was nervous and said, Dad, I listened to your radio shows and put your show on and hearing your voice find it quite soothing. And I went, oh my god, I don't want to hear the radio station too depressing.
Speaker 1: I went, how would it be depressing? How would it be depressing to him? I work, why is it depressing the front side of the dime depressing? But if any of you had an MRI, yeah I have.
Speaker 4: Have you need to get in there and perhaps meditate, go within.
Speaker 2: Well I don't think they can. You cannot hang in there, start up in an hour's time.
Speaker 1: To do something.
Speaker 2: They've got loads of other people that need really far more upon MRIs than me.
Speaker 1: Just worried about my middle age.
Speaker 2: By the way, the lady said to me one point, she goes, look, if you were fifteen, I wouldn't worry that much about this injury. It's just going to heal back. And then she sort of broadened up. She went, you're in the in uh brack? What bracket is this with your hands? Where am I bracket?
Speaker 1: Forty two?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, she goes.
Speaker 2: So she goes, if it gets worse or you have another incident, that's how she referred to it, you'll never get over it.
Speaker 1: Oh you won't heal right? Yeah, that's pretty scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm trying to find Apparently there's somewhere in Melbourne that has the biggest MRI.
Speaker 1: Why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just like because something we've done't want to fill clostophobic and someone were quite the older ones are like some sort of tube of deaths.
Speaker 5: They need to go to the zoo because they would have them for like a.
Speaker 1: Line of a man. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Coming up to the next hour on the show, we've got a great chat with an amazing Guy's got a book out today which I cannot recommend enough. I read it twice. The man is called ben Crow. Some of you might recognize his name Ash Party. He had a lot of work with her Ash Parties and Mindset performance coach. He's I know what were very sports teams all over Australia and also Ash Barty as well. He's on the show after seven o'clock this morning, and we've got tickets to go to the finals this weekend of the Australian Open, so our Caraz goes through the semis. Yes, I didn't realize the commentary, Yester. We're telling me Alex, I know more about this than this is Al Karaz's first Australian Open semi final.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on, No, he's been there before, is he? Calz That's what I was surprised, because he's so good. I thought he's been there before in the final.
Speaker 8: No, No, you're right, sorry, yeah, no, No, Alex Demono, I'm going to give you he's lost his seventh quarter final last night, which I'm still very very upset about in a major tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Algaaz March, have you got the hot so much for demon or not al Kaz? Because I love Alex Demano? Yeah? Do you we share a name? We come from Sydney, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I mean you need in sport, you need some skin of the game, don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm on the cast last I come on, Alex, turn the wrist over on that return shot. Come on, Alex. I'm so upset for him. I'm running up. I'm really down a bit, are you? Yeah? Yeahs As a sports journalist, you're supposed to be neutral. I can't be suck. Yeah. All right.
Speaker 2: So now this is our second week on our new expanded Christian O'Connell show that is live right now across Australia. Good morning, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, wherever you listen to the show. Now, those of you've been listening to showing for a couple of years here in Melbourne, we'll know that I'm obsessed with a thing called nominative determinism. This is a psychological theory. There's been proven time and time again. Whenever I talk about it on the show, it always gets proven by your stories. It's a theory that your name will influence it's your choice of job. The only reason I'm talking about it today is I got a load of emails from people who obviously must have seen the same news report and they took a screenshot and sent it to me.
Speaker 1: I love the mat. We haven't talked. We haven't spoken about this on the show for about a year or so.
Speaker 2: It was a BBC news report and they were interviewing a guy who's a rock climbing instructor. His name, and I even googled this, thinking maybe some people have just deep faked this cliff hanger.
Speaker 1: Incredible, incredible hanger. It's too good to be true.
Speaker 2: It's like there's no way and this rugged outdoor type he looks up the kind of guy who is a rock climbing instructor.
Speaker 1: I googled it.
Speaker 2: Sure enough, Cliffhanger is a rock climbing instructor. So today it is back for the first time in twenty twenty six. People's whose names are their jobs. Last year when we did this, listen to these.
Speaker 9: My uncle was one William Toombs and he was an undertaker.
Speaker 10: My son name is path thea double R.
Speaker 9: He's a mechanic.
Speaker 10: We had a general surgeon by the name of John Hack Michael, dentist by the name of Barry Cutmore, and a lovely GP by the name of doctor d spelled dee a t hat you know.
Speaker 11: It was a blacksmith and his name was Dietmar Fleck.
Speaker 1: Emma, that's my favorite name exactly Game of Thrones character.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, So is your name related to your job? It might be someone you've worked with before. We get a lot of doctors and nurses and dentists have this, I think more than in the other industry. One of my hall of famous as well when we first did this many years ago on the show was Bob Chopp. Bob Chopp is a butcher from a whole family of chops who were all I love the way if you.
Speaker 1: If your surname is Chopp, you've got to go and become a butcher. It should be the law.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Is your name related to your job?
Speaker 2: If it is, it's something called nominative determinism. This is a theory where your name actually direct the influencers your job choice. I love testing this out, Christian, this is true. I never thought about this. My name is Craig surname Beams, b EAMs.
Speaker 1: He works in the beam industry, still joints. That's it, right out the gate.
Speaker 2: You've got Craig Beams who works in the beam industry.
Speaker 1: Christian. My cousin's surname is O Tall and he really is a tool? Is this what you're talking about? Not really, that's a different thing. Maybe tomorrow we'll do that. Do you know at all?
Speaker 2: Name them the tool directory of Australia.
Speaker 1: And you want to call a.
Speaker 2: Man Christian Michelle here morntiy Michelle. My high school was full of teachers who had names that described their jobs. There was Miss Ball sex education, No not really, she was pe mister Burns science teacher, and my favorite one, Christian Miss Brain English.
Speaker 1: That's a great one. Christian.
Speaker 2: My brother, first name John, surname Color. He is a painter, John Color. Yeah, yeah, Dr Wang, Christian. I worked at a hospital with a urologist called Dr Wang. Now forgive me, dear correspondent, you didn't put your name on there. I did have to google that separately because I thought, come on, come on. But there's several Yeah, there are several Dr Wang's. It's great branding. Yeah, let's go to Christian here, calling him from Sydney. Good morning, welcome to the show, Morning Christian.
Speaker 8: I it's not my name, but my music teacher.
Speaker 7: In high school was the surname mister Music.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is my.
Speaker 2: New favorite, mister music. Seems like a children's entertainer. That's a brilliant one. Thank you very much for giving us a call today. Mate, have a good day, Jessica, Welcome to the show, mate, Jessica.
Speaker 1: Hello Jessica, you live on air. Jessica.
Speaker 2: What is your Is it your name related to your job?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 11: It's my grmologist who created my reading ring. Her surname is Gemstone.
Speaker 1: Oh meant to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is Jamestone. That's incredible and also what a great flex my gemologist.
Speaker 9: Yes, I have one isn't it.
Speaker 2: Not Many of us can say that we have our own gemologist and it to my to do list for twenty twenty six a quie gemologist, Jessica, Thanks your mate.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Ian now morning Ian.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Grish, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Welcome to show. Ian And for us.
Speaker 12: Many years ago I worked with a visual arts teacher.
Speaker 2: Called miss Smart, Miss Smart, miss Brain, and she was.
Speaker 1: It's the hell of a name to live up to. Ian. Thank you very much, you cormote, have a good day.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Coming out to your next hour, the show What Are the Odds will be here just after eight. Before that, your chance to win yourself to this weekend's finals now the one and only the Great Australian Open. Right now, though, is your name related to your job? If it is, it's called something called nominative determinism, where it's a theory that's been proven time and time again, and we're proving it already today on the show, that your name influences your job choice, like Jack Draine Plumber right right, Christian, My local GP growing up dotr Cyst spelt the same.
Speaker 1: Way as well. It's unfortunate Christian.
Speaker 2: I worked in the car industry and the engineer we have and responsible for corrosion testing Aaron surname rust a Rust, Aaron Rust. What a name, Christian? Strange topic for you guys. Oh, by the way, there's no strange topics on the show. It's all strange. Has anyone noticed the new petrol stations that aren't manned tapp and GHO style?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, we've got one out now suburb. It looks quite weird. It's almost dystopian. There's no one there, eerie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen have all the dystopian movies and TV shows like The Walking Dead evidence of the dystopian being here now? Isn't tap and gofos.
Speaker 4: I've never used it yet. I might today, Kaylin.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 6: Yes, I've actually used it. I use it a lot because it's about twenty cents cheaper.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah, it's oh that's a shaving with not employing a human beings. We are saving smithers twenty cents of these pesky humanoids.
Speaker 1: Do they still have like can you get a kit kat? Can you get chewing gum? Or anything?
Speaker 2: Like that now, and what are you doing? A paper round or somethinking you need some of that needs a kick cat and chewing gum.
Speaker 1: Can you get a little treat everything? Does it have a toilet?
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't. It just has electrical charging and the petrol pump.
Speaker 2: You just have to go behind the back of the servo. No toilet, behind that ice machine.
Speaker 1: Servos with their toilets, nothing annoys me more. But they're the worst toilets.
Speaker 2: The worst ones are the truck stop ones. Yeah, I don't know what it is about. I guess those poor long distance lorry drivers and truck drivers. You've been you've been driving maybe for hours where there hasn't been a toilet.
Speaker 1: A lot of caffeine as well a.
Speaker 2: Caffeine, and there's been a lot of stacked up strange topic anyway, what are you.
Speaker 4: Doing around truck stops?
Speaker 1: Anyway, That's why it's a hobby of.
Speaker 2: My teacher at school had the surname Painter, Jeff Painter. What about this guy's golf club, the local professional golf instructor green of course, Johnny Woods, our local woodwork teacher. My friend John Holmes is an architect who we got here and we've got Paul calling in from Canberra morning.
Speaker 1: Paul, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Hey Christian, how are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm good mate, Thank you very much for calling in. What's yours for us?
Speaker 13: I got a couple for you and I swear you can't make the stuff up. I as a kid used to go the dentist, which was always pretty traumatic anyway. And and the dentist name was doctor Savage.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, how's that guy earning in? It's pronounced I'm friends dentista.
Speaker 13: And the other one I've got and again you know you can you can check this one out to your fact fact checking. But there was a surgeon at from the local hospitals here whose name was doctor kat Oh.
Speaker 1: Name Paul. Thank you very much for both of those.
Speaker 13: Marris, every good day.
Speaker 1: Another thing, just if.
Speaker 2: You need to The show fact Checking and this show are enemies, sworn enemies.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: My special guest this morning is the world's most in demand mindset coach.
Speaker 1: It is Ben Crow. Ben. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Christian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: And you're someone I've got to know. The last couple of years.
Speaker 2: If a lot of people don't recognize the name, how would you describe what you do?
Speaker 14: I guess I try and help people with their mindset on the field in a professional sense, to find confidence in their skills, with belief in a personal sense, to believe in their potential, and try and find the freedom to compete, have fun and play and as human beings. I guess that's what we should all be doing, whether an athlete or or a student.
Speaker 2: It takes a I've just finished writing my book. It takes a lot to write a book. It feels like a conversation with you, Ben. It's a great book. Every story, every perspective shift that you're helping us with throughout the book has got real world.
Speaker 1: It's crammed with stories.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and that's deliberate because I think stories is how we learn as humans. Stories, which taps into our imagination, moves it from an intellectual understanding to an emotional understanding. You know, we are the stories we tell ourselves about others. But when we can hear stories from others, especially in perfect stories of how people overcame adversity and so forth. But getting back to the book, I realized a long time ago that these principles are two thousand years old.
Speaker 2: And what's going is the whole book really is you walking us through how to shift perspectives. And I guess most of everything in our life is perspectives. And when you think about it and you challenge your perspectives and assumptions, invariably they're wrong. The perspective shifts. Is that what you think most of us need. That's where we're struggling when we talking about being stuck in our lives or at work or at home.
Speaker 1: Is that what you think it is?
Speaker 14: I do very much. So Yeah, perspective by definition means the way you see something or your attitude towards something. Right, So am I stuck at home? Am I safe at home? Do I get to do this? Or I have to got to do this? So our perspective literally guides our entire life, so choosing it wisely is pretty important.
Speaker 2: One of the most impactful chapters in your book for me is the one going from fair to Play. What could you tell people listening right now about how you reframe fair and pressure?
Speaker 14: As humans, we're designed by nature to play, but we've just lost that up on We think play is table tennis. So I say in the book that play needs a rebrand. It does because it's fundamental to human existence. You think about this radio show. Everything you're doing is play based, right, And the simplest way to get into play is to smile and be curious. But there are different forms of play. Curiosity play is the simplest one. We can simply ask yourself, what if? Just start a question with what if we did this right? What if you've put a kamana around Australia?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 14: What if we you know, like when Nike signed Michael Jordan, all basketball shoes had to be white, right, and if they had any color then he'd be banned and they'd find five thousand dollars a game. Young designer in the meeting said what if we did it anyway? And what if we paid the fines? And what if we made an ad about it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 14: And within three months became the number one shoe in the world. So simply asking what if is a really powerful way to get into the playstate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and letting that curiosity be the engine that drives everything in your life. It's a better way to be in the world.
Speaker 14: Yeah, knowing you've got the power to get yourself back into the playstate. Whether you're playing a Grand Slam tennis final or you know, a radio show going national. It's really really powerful if you understand how to harness that as well.
Speaker 2: Tell me about your work with Ash Barty. What did that look like? What were the big shifts you could help her with?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so the first part and Ash was probably the most curious outlet I've ever worked with and also the most stubborn. The first date was Ash just getting to understand who she was, the human being that was. She was so defined by a ranking right unranked one hundred in the world or two hundred in the world and so forth. And you know that's a bit of a mind screw when you just your whole identity is linked to a number and a grading and so forth. So separating the per from the persona was really important for Ash and identifying the beliefs that are holding her back. I say to a lot of people, for Ashbarty, winning Wimbledon wasn't success. Believing she was worthy to win Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: That was her.
Speaker 14: Definition of success and that happened six months earlier at a cafe in Brisbane called Momos.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 14: So establishing the.
Speaker 1: Beliefs where epiphanies happened.
Speaker 14: Over a few beers and a few tears, right. So, and for Ash then it was very much about treating this life as a career, as an adventure, right and then playing with it. And everywhere she went she was trying to play and have fun. And she had practical jokes with her team. You know, there's very famous. At Wimbledon she answered every question in a press conference with a Disney quote and see if the journalists would get you know, and we gave her the quote before she walked into the room. So, the older we get, we think we have to take life seriously. But there is this thing called neotny. When niotny means the older you get, the younger you become. I think you've got, you know, the niotny gene in you, Christian. It's a superpower if you don't take your life and yourself too seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all know older relatives that actually grow. My mother law was someon of this. She grew younger as she got older, the zestful life just got greater and greater. It was incredible to see and be around that energy source. She's running on a clean fuel.
Speaker 14: We talk in the book about the Blue Zones. Yes, these five areas around the world where people live. That's the largest amount of centurions where people live over one hundred years old. And then we trace the reason they're living over one hundred years old and being in the play state and laughing and hanging out with friends and you know, relationships, experiences and memories and you know, farming your own food and making your own None.
Speaker 2: Of that is about a resume or a job title or the corner office.
Speaker 14: Correct, correct, Yeah, you realize at the end of the day, when you readefine success less from achievement and more to fulfillment, you realize the importance of these intrinsic motivations. That is such for me. That's probably the second most favorite chapter in the book.
Speaker 2: It's a great book. It's out today. I cannot recommend it enough. I generally mean I've read it twice. Ben Crow, Where the Light Gets In is a fantastic book.
Speaker 1: Ben, thanks for chatting to us today.
Speaker 3: Pleasure all the very best The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to the show today on the iHeart app, there are problems and if you can hear me.
Speaker 1: Now you go, what I mate, You're aware of it.
Speaker 2: In Sydney and in Melbourne on the iHeart Pat we are apparently looping. I know it's because people keep saying you're looping. No one's ever said that before. Apparently when I loop, it means they just keep something keeps repeating itself, repeating itself, repeating itself.
Speaker 1: We are aware of it.
Speaker 2: Between us, the company haven't paid the internet feel you pay hard and Jackie O that kind of money you haven't got.
Speaker 1: You know what it's like. January is a tough month, you know.
Speaker 2: But Sue the Boss has emailed us all saying there's a network why made issue?
Speaker 1: Major incidents.
Speaker 2: Incident And Sue the Boss has raised this with the company and trusts me that iron fist, she actually has an operation to have two iron hands. Once that starts banging a desk, desks be broken. So mark my words, in the next twenty minutes that thing will be mended or she'll start hurling engineers of the transmitter. This in the middle of Australia. That's what's in the middle. By the way, people often wonder what's in the middle of Australia. It sues transmitter for the Gold Mega Network. Anyway, little bit of house clear and there. I hope that's all right. Everybody, please stay with us. We are looping.
Speaker 1: We are looping.
Speaker 2: If you're listening on the iHeart platform, apparently we are looping.
Speaker 1: No, they don't need that today, all right, So let's go to the Australian Open. What's under the seats today?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what tickets to go to the women's final this weekend. And also, even if you don't get that amazing prize, no one goes home empty handred five hundred dollars Uber Eats voucher at the al.
Speaker 5: There's a mission to complete at It's time to dick your battle seat. Amazing prizes to be found.
Speaker 1: All around.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Queen of battle Seats is our producer AKA with her new glasses, the Professor.
Speaker 1: Prof my cool glasses.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are the winning seats and sections today? That's help our lovely listeners. We're looping, by the way, alrighty.
Speaker 6: We've got section forty today and our rows are d for dingo and m.
Speaker 1: The Professor.
Speaker 2: Is this the the ossie kind of phanatic alphabet?
Speaker 1: Do you know what him?
Speaker 2: On the show Let's make our own Ossie phanatic alphabet for listeners to use.
Speaker 1: Let's not use that. Tryal Charlie, Delta, Fox Trott, it's boring. Let's have it deep for Dingo, absolutely for a Kubra.
Speaker 2: Say for Billabong. It rights itself. Let's do this tomorrow, team all right. So the winning sections are professor what you got.
Speaker 6: Prof alrighty, D for Dingo you've got one to fourteen to choose from, and M for Murray.
Speaker 4: Like the Murray River.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, got it all right?
Speaker 2: Call in now. Lines are open. Thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 3: We're looping the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every single day this week was sending you to the Australian Open and the finals.
Speaker 1: Enjoy Barmie Summer Nights.
Speaker 2: Oh at the moment it is Barmie Barmy indeed and gets yourself down on the Summer Barmy Nights to the Australian Open Nights ground passes.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: From just nineteen dollars, you go down there in the evening and the atmosphere I can only describe it as like a music festival. You got these pop up bars, the pop up shops there as well. Go in there and high five of the crew. It came this warehouse, I think, thank you for sponsoring the Christian O'Connell show. They keep the lights on otherwise, actually, if they didn't keep the lights on, there'd be no show. Sadly, the company goal they pay for the internet and that's why it's on the blink at the moment. But I thank god we've got Chemis's warehouse, you know, chipping some money into this show. Anyway, Tickets are on sale now. We've got finals tickets every single show this week. As we play battle seats under the winning seats are your prizes.
Speaker 5: There's a mission to complete as it's time to dig your battle seats.
Speaker 1: Amazing prizes to.
Speaker 5: Be found and.
Speaker 1: Final tickets all around.
Speaker 2: Wherever you are in Australia, we will fly you to Melbourne, stick you up in our hotel, you have a great night on us and then you're off to the finals. Now the Professor with her new glasses producer Kaitlyn now known as the Professor.
Speaker 1: Professor.
Speaker 2: You've crunched the numbers, You've looked at the seat in plan. With those special glasses. Now you can see the future can't you you're seeing Are you vibe coding right now?
Speaker 4: It's vibe Cody there.
Speaker 2: All the programmers are raving about it. I'm vibe coding. I'm vibing right now and coding.
Speaker 4: I am vibing.
Speaker 6: I'm looking very cool today. My new glasses that have no frames.
Speaker 1: Yps frameless, frame less.
Speaker 2: The future glass is right on your face, Peznez the prof.
Speaker 1: Where are the winning seats?
Speaker 6: Alrighty, we're over at section forty today. My favorite our roads are D and M.
Speaker 1: On Roe.
Speaker 6: D you've got between one and fourteen to choose from, and on M you've got one to eighty.
Speaker 2: Good morning, yeah whatever, Good morning, Good morning, Brownie, Good morning, Brownie, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Brownie. Thank you very much to give us a call. You're in Sydney.
Speaker 7: I'm in Sydney, Yes, I have at Saint Andrews.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, thank you very much for given the show ago. Let's try and win you a prize. Brownie. What do you think the winning seat is this morning?
Speaker 1: Good luck as well, mate, the good eygy seat mate for M eight.
Speaker 2: We gotta do the Ossie phonetic alphabets. My you're right, m that's a lockdown. It's mate, Brownie and Sydney. You want a five hundred dollars Uber Eats voucher?
Speaker 1: Yes, not on this show.
Speaker 11: Oh there's some sausages for the barbie.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a whole load of them coming your way. Brownie, thank you very much. Congratulations, well played.
Speaker 8: Oh thanks guys, great so, thank.
Speaker 1: You very much.
Speaker 2: Let's now go to Trisha here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Trisha, good morning.
Speaker 11: Mate, Good morning Christian. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Trisha. You're doing well.
Speaker 9: I'm doing well and I would like to say I love your show.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy oh bless you. Thank you very much for listening to the show. Now, Trisha, let's try and payback that loyalty.
Speaker 1: Those is yours? Can we talk about yours for a moment. Where is the winning seat? Trish?
Speaker 11: I'm going with the the Jingo and I'm going with the people.
Speaker 1: So pick me one.
Speaker 2: I was a little bit true happy there. Flattery it ruins me. Stay mean to me, I stay frosty. Yes, you want a pair of tickets to the women's finals.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much, guys, Christian, amazing.
Speaker 2: What an amazing, what an amazing time you're going to have. You're off to the women's final on Saturday, and I know you're here in Melbourne, but we're still going to give you a night in the hotel as well.
Speaker 11: You are amazing, all of you amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, have an amazing weekend.
Speaker 2: What a great weekend you're going to have now you're off today and who you're going to take with you?
Speaker 11: My amazing partner Wayne.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen to pair of you. Have a great time. Give us a call Monday, let us know what it was like. We all do.
Speaker 11: Christian, Oh right, so much again.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, more chances to win tomorrow on the show. You can find a clue online at the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, the lines are open for your stories of coincidence and chants?
Speaker 1: Who did this? Every Wednesday on.
Speaker 2: The show we get so many incredible stories all to do with coincidence and chants.
Speaker 1: We call it. What are the odds?
Speaker 6: Believe it or not?
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me, like, were you with Cheryl who married a hun who worked with the Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Who married a hunt as well.
Speaker 2: All right, call in now the lines are open thirteen fifty five twenty two your stories of coincidence and chance.
Speaker 1: You can text yourself. It's easier.
Speaker 2: Oh four five three one oh four three. Karen kicks us off today. Karen, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hi Christian.
Speaker 1: I love Karen. So you've got a story for us I do.
Speaker 11: This is back in the late nineties when I was driving to work park trying to park my car in a multi level story car park, and I hit a car and I freaked out. So I took off and drove up a couple of levels and parked into the office. My I was young and inexperienced, and my mate looked at me and saw her I was upstairs, and he's like, you okay. I was like, oh, I hit a car in the car park. I don't know what to do. And he goes, oh, did anyone see you? I said no. He goes sorry about it? Dan to sorry about it? I said, oh, okay, no worries. Anyway, went on with my day. Next day, rock up to work, my mate walks up to me and goes, hey, you know that car you hit yesterday? Yeah? What color was that? I said like, I still read dark gray. He goes, that was my car.
Speaker 8: With his car.
Speaker 1: Oh my what that's incredible.
Speaker 11: I just laughed. I'd never ever picked a lot for a leader.
Speaker 9: Car.
Speaker 1: It is lesson learn. Wow. Wait, of all the cars in the car park.
Speaker 11: Car little story car park in Liverpool with his car.
Speaker 1: And he told you drive off, drive off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've both got someone to learn there, Karen, very very funny story, great one, Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 11: No worries.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Emma now, Emma, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hi, how you go?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Emma? What's your What are the odds for us today?
Speaker 11: What are the odds?
Speaker 15: So in October I went to honost trip to Switzerland with my family and they were going up all these ski gumblers and on one of them, my dad goes, I wonder when you know this one opened? I wonder how old it is? So him being a bit of a boom and he's like, oh, let's google it. So we google it and it opened on the twenty second of July nineteen sixty four, which happened to be his exact birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh Gondola related birthday. They're terrifying going up on those, because sometimes they just stop.
Speaker 1: And you're hanging up a very big mountains.
Speaker 15: These ones are really high.
Speaker 2: They're not like Mount baul are they No, No, they're proper mountains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here, you're really really high up. They're terrifying. Emma, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: When I say, all right, what have you got for us?
Speaker 2: Then? Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, What are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance? We'll take some more calls next.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, some great calls lined up. Your stories of coincidence and chance?
Speaker 1: What are the odds? All right, let's go to Diane.
Speaker 2: Diane. Hello, Hello Diane, welcome to the show. What's your story for us?
Speaker 9: Where I worked? I lost my glasses and then I went to work the next day. I told her lady I worked with, and she said, to China in the hospital might get him a bit cheaper. So I ran the hospital and I was talking to the lady about getting a new purpose bass, and she go, where did you lose them? And I told her where in the area, and she said, my husband found a pair of glasses there and they were mine.
Speaker 1: What a cracker and what are the odds?
Speaker 9: That's what I saw. I couldn't It was only around the corner. And he just moved in that area and I got a job, and i'd been there a week. I just needed them too for like reading. So I put in my pocket and walked home. And then I didn't have them. I just bought them and that's when the Laddy.
Speaker 1: We're looping again. Thank you very much. Story.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rey, I just just weren't I Something that's been really goo right about the show this year is that we've we've done a week and a half of shows. We haven't had a pat store about losing the classes.
Speaker 4: Right, I've got about ten pairs now.
Speaker 2: We mustn't go back because last year at least once or twice a month. Yet another story about them, did you met them?
Speaker 11: On?
Speaker 2: That really stuck in my mind was five minutes the dressing gown, do you remember the one? Then the pocket, the dressing gown.
Speaker 1: Then they were you wouldn't leave that. He really didn't have to be there anyway.
Speaker 2: Let's go to we got here now, James, Christian James, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: You're in Sydney. Thank you very much for give them the show a go.
Speaker 8: Thanks having me, You've got we in great so far.
Speaker 1: Thank you days.
Speaker 2: So yes, know he's right, he doesn't know what suddenly March ap or in June July.
Speaker 1: It could be distinct, could be coming there. All we have is the last show in this show.
Speaker 2: It keeps us honest, James, James, what's your story for us?
Speaker 8: About thirty five years ago, before mobile phones, I had to get in touch with my sister. She was living out of home at the time, so I dialed her what I thought was her landline number, ended up getting a wrong number. I called a Chinese restaurant by mistake, but my sister just happened to be dining.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, this is a Hall of Famer. Oh well, a brilliant This is incredible. I just one of the best we've ever heard so far. James, what a story.
Speaker 12: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 8: So I didn't know who answered, but I just I just asked her friend. And then a couple months later, Yeah, he's a fan.
Speaker 1: She must be like, how do you know I was here?
Speaker 2: I didn't, James, that is a Hall of Famer. I'm going to give you the two hundred and fifty dollars voucher to spend at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Brilliant story, really well told. Thank you, thanks you guys.
Speaker 9: You job.
Speaker 1: Thank you Daniel. Daniel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: That's it, Daniel, me too. All right, Daniel, what are the odds you're there?
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 7: So two thousand and nine, my wife and I were backpacking around Europe. We were in a small bar in Munich watching the AFL Grand Final. We're talking to another another Gussie pair watching the same game, and my wife was having drinks with another with one of the people having shots. She was due to start a new job the next week. She rocked up to her new job on the Monday in the person she was taking shots. We ended up being a new boss and what.
Speaker 1: A great way to bond with the boss shots.
Speaker 7: To this day we still go out on holidays together now.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, Daniel, Thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 1: Have a good day. Thanks. These are great. Let's say we can keep it going.
Speaker 2: Jason, good Christian, how are you? I'm good Jason, and thanks for giving us a call. Right, what are the odds? What's your story?
Speaker 1: Jason?
Speaker 12: Just oh, a year ago. So now I was listening to King of the Mountain Midnight oil on CD. Yep, you've got a bit of background anyway, looping around about three times and then that's thought I had enough of this. So the halfway through the song, I just had the CD out and put the radio on and half was halfway through King of the Mountain Midnight.
Speaker 1: It was coming back around like a bur Lorraine.
Speaker 12: I'd have been looping on the CD. And then as I was listening, what the.
Speaker 2: Hell, what are the CD radio odds? Anyway, thank you very much, so far, so far, Jason, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: If you've got a story for us, we're moving on now.
Speaker 2: We've got the time Waste after News a sport which is coming up next with pants and Alex. Email me Christian aconnell dot com dot au. Those are great stories.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell. Show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for Today's time waster, Today's time waster on thank and Office worker Day. We're looking for your office songs for the best in the show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: You and three mates of two of the Cinema to the movies at gold Class.
Speaker 1: And we are going tomorrownight. The family are going What did you decide on? Song? Sung Blue?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: How did the daughters feel about that? I said, we're going down? No, well I didn't do that. You know, there's no foot down. There's no foot down. I sweeten the deal and by that you mean Gold class. Okay, we recline. The family that reclined stays together.
Speaker 2: That anyway, get this, because obviously my daughter's recovering from surgery, spinal surgery.
Speaker 1: She's got stitches in her back.
Speaker 2: Every hour we have to reapply ice packs at the moment. It literally is Joe during the night when I said good night to her, I've come up with an eski is on the bed to get her through. There's like eight ice packs there, so every hour she can open up the ski. They've got so many uses skis. You are storing medical supplies and I put a new car pack on. I've got to take some kind of medeski into Gold Class.
Speaker 1: They're gonna think I'm bringing in my own tinnies. Hey, it's medicinal doors has a spinal surgery. They're not gonna buy any of that. Is he selling stuff in there?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Today's time waster office songs?
Speaker 2: What are they listening to in the office. They love Bruce Springsteen out there on the sales team. That's right, born to be filed. Oh, don't even get finding cabinet thing or do that's an a thing?
Speaker 1: Is it? Fighting? Cabinet is like an old fashioned thing we actually still have.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, old fashioned, Welcome to gold FM. Old fashioned is now lay down salary, not laydown.
Speaker 1: Sally oh boar.
Speaker 2: Sue is constantly saying her catchphrase is r O I return on investment. Yes, her favorite song is R O I of the Tiger silber Blas.
Speaker 1: We took the scenic route, didn't we stuck in the middle management with you silver? What does the fact say? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was What do we think that was for a year? Twelve thirteen?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I think a little bit later, I say, fourteen.
Speaker 1: Let's just check with the prof. Professor, what year was that?
Speaker 6: Sorry, slow on the internet this morning, give me momento. I'm thinking twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: But what is the you know what thirteen?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Now it the prof does it? She shoots, she scores, All right, Rea, what.
Speaker 1: Have you got? Dragons?
Speaker 5: In the office, they're singing April Son in cubicle.
Speaker 2: No, they're not the worst one of the year from you, young man. You're all over the place today. By the way, I think it's dragony. Mattress into the front room is the work of a child a man.
Speaker 1: Boy. It doesn't help your performance today. Well now I'm very nervous going into these otherways.
Speaker 5: Crowded house. Are working from home? Yeah, they're saying better be working from home soon.
Speaker 1: You know that call earlier was right, great, great show so far. Now we hit the skits. The Venger Boys have called a meeting.
Speaker 5: Oh they're singing zoom zoom zoom zoom.
Speaker 1: I want you in my zoom all.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, I'll give you a silver for that one.
Speaker 1: And Valerie wants a pay rise.
Speaker 5: She's singing salary salary.
Speaker 2: Valerie is the name of the song, not the artist I know, but she wants to pay all right, okay, right, she's singing sant Maori. Yeah that's good. Okay, silver plus singing too, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was actually the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The Time Wasted Today, get ready for a gold rum, very very very good today we're looking for your office songs on the Time Waster Besting Show.
Speaker 1: You're off the cinema God class for you and three mates.
Speaker 2: The number you need every day when we do a different time waster between eight thirty and nine is oh four seventy five O three one oh four three Rio to start stinking it up today?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to mark from stinker to market breach?
Speaker 5: I am ready?
Speaker 2: Ari has reply all the small things very good.
Speaker 1: Ari, that's great.
Speaker 2: Today's office songs you're the invoice silver. That's so Mitch, mister mister Christian, you just played them. Take these broken wing.
Speaker 5: It's very good. Gold, great font.
Speaker 2: The professor projuiccated and speaks in comic sands, doesn't she?
Speaker 1: If she had a fun.
Speaker 5: Comic sense, putish people talking times.
Speaker 1: In romand my favorite one?
Speaker 2: Actually, where's Australian in itself? What's that cartoon one? Charles handwriting ed Shearon used to have an office job when he was writing his hits.
Speaker 1: That's right. The staple of you bronze toilet break number five.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're really dragging the arse out of the day, you're seeing that as you go to this is toilet break number five. Brad Sanders, I don't know, I just like saying his name out. Man Tina Turner. Is that enough snapped? We don't need another meeting?
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 1: This could have been an email teams are Turner. It could be teams a Turner. You know we don't need another zero. Gold.
Speaker 2: I'm Matthew mcdo James Brown get up like a fax machine, like a fax machine. That's so good. That's Matthew. I will check five hundred files. Okay, boardroom Blitz, Glen Webber, well done, Aretha Franklin, r E s chat Ept that is on the nose, Gold plus Sarah well done, Bonye m still working in office when they're right in the hits Rah rah ras not in today, Rah rah.
Speaker 1: Today, Mate, you take his gold Rah rah ra.
Speaker 2: David, I loved it. Am I ever going to see your briefcase again?
Speaker 1: Gold? Who is still rocking the classic briefcase?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wonder you don't see them anymore?
Speaker 1: No lawyers?
Speaker 5: Maybe do they have files in there?
Speaker 2: Memo number five Silver, Baby got facts Gold, paper clip writer Silver, Nothing compares to glue, Silver, Daddy water cooler Silver plus facts on the run, Gold, what on Sonya shredder be home soon?
Speaker 1: Gold? This is great the finals.
Speaker 2: When I think about you, I touch my shelves.
Speaker 1: Oh my files are there, Nathan. That's very good.
Speaker 2: Rollerdexing in the deep, Silver, sweet biscuit of mine, don't touch it, Bronze Gangster's Paralegals, Silver Flas, What done you?
Speaker 1: Shwredder? You shredder?
Speaker 2: You bet yea and smoke Homo?
Speaker 1: Who's that? Phil?
Speaker 2: Tough one to pick one for Best and Show today? But who is today's winner?
Speaker 5: Sarah with Arius chat GPT what.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry You're today's win are well deserved? Thank you very much your time wasters. We are back tomorrow. There's only one thing you need to know about tomorrow's show. I cannot wait for this Partusa Klin and when we were doing came up accidentally came up with a great idea. When we were doing battle Seats today to win big prizes to the Australian Open to the finals, more of those tomorrow and Friday on the show, and she was doing the phonetic alphabet. She just said, deefi dingo and it's give me an idea. Forget the normal phonetic alphabet. You know a alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, echo, Farstaurant boring. What is the Australian The classic Ossie what should it be? The Ossie phonetic alphabet. We've got DEEFI dingo M for May and you get us c A for a coubra.
Speaker 1: That's it. The rest of Letters Field tomorrow from six The
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast