Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oh hello everyone, Hello, Hello, Happy Thursday, guys.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, I've had the most embarrassing afternoon of my life.
Speaker 4: What's happened to?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I just feel like this is going to be an exaggeration.
Speaker 3: No, this is true, and I'm not adding any mayo to it. As you know, I'm in my fit girl era and I'm walking every day. You doing my hot girl walks.
Speaker 2: Every single day. I'm enjoying the constant Instagram updates.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's what's it called accountability?
Speaker 3: That's accountability and insanity. I think because I've developed these blisters on my feet because I'm running ten kilometers a day. So I thought I'll treat myself to get some new shoes. So I've just been shopping to get a pair of shoes. I went to foot locker and you know what they have like that really fancy like bio scam that you stand on and they measure your feet.
Speaker 5: And like the pressure, the dispersion of weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah stuff, but you have the most just like we saw them on Monday, revolting blisters on your feet at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to take my shoes off in the studio because they were so sore. So I go to take He goes, take your shoes and socks off. So I take my shoes and socks off, and I stand on the biometric scanner and my blister bursts on the footlo a biometric scanner?
Speaker 2: Did you stand on it with what was happening on your already discussion?
Speaker 5: That's fair because blisters, it's just scary. You wouldn't have known that's going to pop just from staining, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was such. It was such a big blister that the attendant you could hear it, and then it squirted about forty centimnutes and he went, I'm gonna have to get you to clean that up. And I said, yeah, that's there is brought me a rag and I just wiped it up.
Speaker 2: There is nothing more humiliating than having to clean up your own blister.
Speaker 4: Pass That was horriffic out of the foot that did you?
Speaker 5: Did you purchase the shoes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a heavy pronate.
Speaker 4: So I got everyone only up from here for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: Put it that way, all right? It is big. Next we've got mask gun cut.
Speaker 4: This is the big question.
Speaker 2: Is it okay to get your partner to give up something that they love.
Speaker 4: Can you make them give it up?
Speaker 3: Ultimatum vibes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know the details. I'm going to say, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that next. Plus today, if you want to go see Taylor Swifts, we got a full row of tickets to the air as well to ur.
Speaker 5: Jan and entire row for you and your friends. This is like the hottest giveaway of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want them. Thirteen one of sixty five is the number. It is happening real soon here at the pickup or thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day. It is the Pickup brit Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemists Warehouse, try the new Fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred meal by Dan Carter, new and exclusive to Chemists Warehouse for just forty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Let's do this, Ladies, Ask Uncut, Ask gun Cut is a show favorite where you guys, you call in with your deepest, your darkest, your biggest problems and we do our best to answer them. We have Samara on the phone. She wants to know whether she could force her partner to give up some thing.
Speaker 7: Hi Samara, Hi, guys, I have a problem. So I have asked my boyfriend to stop vaping.
Speaker 4: Ah, what did we say?
Speaker 5: And what's the problem the credit vaping?
Speaker 7: So basically, for context, my grandfather, he has been a smoke about his whole life. It's kind of traumatic for me and I I'm so against it. I don't like smoking. I don't like vaping. It's just it's not for me.
Speaker 5: The problem is he hides it him. He does it at work. He has kind.
Speaker 7: Of said that he won't stop purely because everyone else does it, and you know he's basically addicted to it and he won't stop.
Speaker 1: How do you know he does it at work? Is it because he walks home like a big giant walking blueberry?
Speaker 5: Was that how he smells?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I've asked him and he also says like yeah, like I do, I do do it at work.
Speaker 4: So it's something.
Speaker 2: Is it something he started doing after you guys started dating or did you start dating him knowing that he was a vapor?
Speaker 5: Nope, it's a new thing. I'm you know, I don't find it hard to answer.
Speaker 1: I actually think you can one hundred percent do an ultimatum in this sense, like for me smoking smoking more so than vaping. But with this new research that vaping is just as bad for you as smoking, it's.
Speaker 5: A deal breaker for me.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna smoke, I don't want to be with them, and it's just a personal choice.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can come in really aggressive, being like it's the vape on me.
Speaker 1: But I think you need to really get across your feelings how upset it makes you, how much you hate it, and how much you don't want to have a life with it, because that's what it is. And if he still doesn't understand it and doesn't even want to try and give it up, then I one hundred percent think it's reason to look at going elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeh, Devil's advocate, like it is a genuine addiction, Like these things are packed with nicotine.
Speaker 2: What does your boyfriend say when you explain to him how upset it makes you about your grandfather? Obviously this has been something that he's aware of, and then he's kind of disregarded your feelings about that and just gone and done it anyway.
Speaker 7: To him, it's no big deal because he doesn't have this I don't know traumatic background of you know, having a loved one who's suffered the consequences from smoking. I've told him how unattractive it is, Like, it's just it's not what I'm into, Like he is perfect and every other way besides that.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you would be able to be to be able to continue to be attracted to him if he does keep vaping, because I mean you might get the itch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like no, because I've set my boundaries and he is basically just ignoring them.
Speaker 1: It also looks ridiculous, like around with a vape with like blueberry and walnut whatever.
Speaker 4: Grow up.
Speaker 5: I know, it just looks.
Speaker 1: It looks stupid, and I understand it for people the only the only way I understand it is Mitch, you you are right. It's an addiction, and it's very easy for people that aren't addicted to say stop addictions, do control your life. I feel like a vape is a step in the right direction for people that smoke trying to weaken their way off it. And I'm all for people doing vaping as a way to completely stop smoking. But if it just doing it because you think it's cool, spoiler, it's not.
Speaker 5: You're like you need it.
Speaker 1: It's not cool to kill yourself I'll always say that, like, that's what smoking does. But it's not like smoking. We know the science says this is highly likely to kill you one day, to cause cancer, to do all these things, to have breathing problems, and people are still like, yeah, it's not gonna happen to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I completely agree with that, brit But it doesn't matter that it's smoking. I just think it's really disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually have an idea because that the flavors of what hooked the young kids in. I think we actually should start making savory vapes and then no one will start smoking them. Like imagine being at the club and being like, can I have a suck you up your musaka? Please? Don't that bad boy like that' stopped people the kids from doing it. Do you think it was Brussels sprouts?
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know, though I feel like the nicotine might be what keeps them addicted.
Speaker 3: Maybe all right, thanks Sami. If you want to get in touch, you can hit us up on the pickup dot com dot a U and get an ask gun cut on the air with us. We'll give you our advice.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is becoming like a really common occurrence. It's the Delilah dilemma. That's what I'm calling it, the Delilah dilemma. Dilemmas of Delilah. You want to go to is my dog, my Australian shepherd, And every week is another issue with her, and there's a pretty big one.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if I have the bigger problem or Delilah has the bigger problem.
Speaker 3: All right, I think it'll be you, but that will we discuss next Hates the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch Thursday, Avo. Welcome head into Chemists ware house today. Great savings.
Speaker 1: Every day there are wild scenes happening at the dog park.
Speaker 5: My dog, Delilah and I. It's become a thing. It's called Delilah's dilemma. Every week we have a dilemma.
Speaker 1: And this is probably the worst, I mean, the worst thing that's happened to us together since her conception two years ago. At the local dog park, there's always the same people and the same dogs in the area. Everyone knows each other. Okay, So at my dog park, I just found out through the grapevine that there was a birthday party, a dog's birthday party. What the owner did we send out invitations to all the.
Speaker 5: Dogs and the dog's owners because the dogs can't read.
Speaker 1: Send them out to the dogs and the dog's owners that they were having a birthday party for this dog. And then they hired a venue out for the dogs. They hired a mini van. No, the minivan went around and picked up all the dogs from their houses, not the owners.
Speaker 5: This is dogs only.
Speaker 1: They went to the venue that had loads of toys, dog cakes, everything, and they had a whole dog party with all the dogs that because they all know each other.
Speaker 5: Then they dropped them all home with goodie bags and it was a whole big thing. The only two dogs that weren't invited was Delilah and her best friend.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, there's so many things that's wrong with this one. I'm very sorry that Delilah was left.
Speaker 4: She's feeling really left out, and so am I.
Speaker 5: We're the only two people and there they're the same dog.
Speaker 1: So Delilahs an Australian Shepherd and the other dog that didn't get invited was also an Australian Shepherd.
Speaker 3: Why is that some sort of breed.
Speaker 5: A discrimina it's yeah, shepherd discrimination, I know.
Speaker 2: I think it is because Australian shepherds, as beautiful as they might be, are such a handful. Delilah is the cheekiest, naughtiest, like you. They wanted to have dogs there on supervised. Also, the party is weird. Af let's just get that out of the way. Said, there's something very wrong and you shouldn't be friends with that person who's having a dog party like that, because that's very strange.
Speaker 5: I actually think it's funny. The fact great. Do you know what? I love the people love their animal so much at their thrown parties. But it's like, I imagine I don't have kids.
Speaker 1: I imagine it's when there's a birthday party at school and all the kids get invited except that.
Speaker 5: One or two kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're having a birthday party for all the kids and it's unsupervised, like you're not having the parents there, it's drop and go.
Speaker 4: No one wants a really naughty kid there.
Speaker 5: So you don't like the Adhd kid? Is that what you do, Laura?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're not saying that Delilah has eighty she does.
Speaker 3: She's got dog.
Speaker 5: She goes dog Adhd.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, you can't lean out any kids.
Speaker 5: It's a bit different with the but I think she knows.
Speaker 1: She's been acting differentling down, she's moping around the trees, and she's sort of looking on at the other dogs from she knows.
Speaker 3: Wait, did you take did you take her to the dog park on the day of the party, because then no dogs there and she would have known. She's hold on a second, there's something happening that I wasn't invited to.
Speaker 1: There was a WhatsApp grip between the dogs and they even put.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know. How did you even find out about this? Do you have like a dog part WhatsApp group?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There is?
Speaker 1: But the other dog there is the dog that didn't get invited. The other dog didn't get invited.
Speaker 5: They told me how did they?
Speaker 1: The dog told the dog and I was like, no way fightal yeah, no no. The other dog's parent told me. They're like, hey, I don't know if you heard yet. Our dogs with anyone's not invite spar So.
Speaker 3: This mum's bitching.
Speaker 1: She's no, she was just telling me the gods we're all still friends. We pretend like, I don't know if she knows that I know that she knows that I know.
Speaker 4: What do you do now?
Speaker 5: But I think I figured it out. It has to be because Delilah is just too good looking.
Speaker 1: Her friend is really good looking too, So I reckon they just didn't want the good looking dog.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon it is, Laura? Do you think it's because Delilah is too good looking? And answer honestly? Or is it because she's a menace of a dog? Why?
Speaker 2: Deliah is very good looking, she's a beautiful dog. But it always needs to be supervised.
Speaker 3: Let's leave it at that, so we don't hurt your feelings, all right. Next on the show, Oh my God, as you know, I'm a gen z, I'm very young. There's a new trend sweeping my gen that I think you're gonna love, actually, and I'll bring to the table. Next on the Pickup is it dog Parties? It's the Pickup Thursday AVO with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Try the new fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred mil by Dan Carter. That's what the DC stands for, New and Exclusive to Chemists Warehouse. So just forty nine to ninety nine. Now, as you know, I'm the youngest person in the history of the world to ever be on radio.
Speaker 5: Truly, you did just win the Guinness World Record.
Speaker 3: I did. I'm a gen Ze, I'm on a CASP. I can be gen zet or I can be millennial, but I identify with gen Z and especially at the moment with this new trend that is all over TikTok, and I think you two are gonna actually before this.
Speaker 6: Jobs not because we're being it's an anti hustle deg back in the day you would like be the first one into the office and the last one to live. This is basically saying true work quite balance, like all the stuff that I talk about here, working smarter, not harder. I'm saying yes to that learning opportunity because we know it's not just a learning opportunity that would give us a readers. It usually doesn't happen like that, right, they're just getting I just count on labor. Everything that I'm talking about here is considered lazy if you compare it to the toxic corporate workplace expectations.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. So now women across the globe are quitting their jobs and getting menial, stress free office jobs, which all that they really need to do is copy and paste sense some emails they get an hourbal long lunch break, and they work in nine to five and they check out.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm not about this. She's a twat. This is the problem.
Speaker 1: If you're actually happy in your life to go through this with no ambition, no drive, not wanting to actually do the best that you can do, do it. But that's on you. I could think of nothing worse than being an underachiever and taking advantage of people that are paying me and giving me a job.
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's canceled the lazy girl.
Speaker 2: For me, Okay, Britt, I agree with a lot of this. I really do, because I think that there's nothing less attractive than someone who just has zero ambition or desire to do anything Like I mean, how boring would it get if you spent all day copying and pasting a couple of emails and listening to podcasts? Sounds great for a week. Two years of doing that, you're not going to be very inspired by work. But I do think that when we were younger, like when we were in our getting our first jobs in our early twenties and whatnot, the expectation to hustle so hard was almost too much. Like I used to drive two hours, two hours to work, two hours home from work, to make less than thirty thousand dollars a year and still live with my mother.
Speaker 1: It's not about hustling, it's just about work ethic. Imagine, Laura, you're a business owner. Imagine if you found out that all your employees were in a group text laughing, taking the pierce, that they listen to podcasts, take breaks whenever they want on your money.
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 3: They do because people do that, because we do it. Everyone does it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I used to work ninety hours a week.
Speaker 5: It would never put.
Speaker 3: Myself in Why did you go home and bow down to your supervisor and go, I love you a man, I'll kiss your shoes.
Speaker 1: But you know, talk the about I worked in a hospital and then went to two other jobs when I wasn't there. And that's not because it's because there's work ethic. I want to get a heading life, and that's what you have to do.
Speaker 2: I also think, though, that there's a big responsibility that lies on the employer, and it lies on the culture of the company, because if you do have people who are truly lazy in your office environment, those people stand out like a sore thumb. So I almost don't blame the people who are kind of the lazy girls and they're brought in the system. It also comes down to the culture of what the company is that you work at.
Speaker 3: I'm also all for it because at the end of the day, you're only going to be abused by someone else. You shouldn't just be allowed to be abused by those that are above you. Take advantage of them, back power, back your own hands, because this isn't this She's not going to continue like this for her life. This could be for a three month period while you recover from something. This could be for six months while you save up. You don't have to hustle your whole life. I think it's an empowering choice that someone can be.
Speaker 1: But it's not about hustling. And God knows where you got abuse from. This is nothing to do with abuse. They're literally just saying, we want to do as little as possible in our life. You can have your nine to five, your Monday to Friday, but still do a good job, put the effort in. You don't have to sit there and literally take advantage of everyone else and be like I'm going to do nothing and get like they're bragging about the fact that they do nothing for a good paycheck, and I'm not about.
Speaker 5: It, and I agree.
Speaker 2: The big thing is is that this is the environment on TikTok, on social media where people see these aspirational lifestyles and they think, how can I achieve that with doing the least amount possible? And I do think that that's where the comparison culture of social media comes into play. And also it sets a super unrealistic expectation. Most people can't just have pushy jobs and get paid to do nothing.
Speaker 4: No, people build houses, people.
Speaker 2: Have got to go to work, they've got to be plumbers, They've got to do all many different things.
Speaker 4: People will just sit and push a couple of emails.
Speaker 3: I know it. On the flip side of that, imagine being these people watching influences get paid one hundred thousand dollars for one Instagram post. Why why should then other people be allowed to go and do a nine to five and have to hustle and work under someone and work hard and respect They don't.
Speaker 1: Start their own business if they want it's not take advantage of someone else's money and then go see how hard you actually have.
Speaker 3: To get A lazy girl job and do it on the side. I'm all for this is why I'm jen Z and I fully identify. You guys are boomers. I've understood, and I'm a gen Z and I connect.
Speaker 5: I think what we're hearing is you're lazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I own a couple of businesses and you would be fine, let's up, we're done.
Speaker 3: That's us.
Speaker 2: Lazy girl would say, it's so nice to end a show on an argument.
Speaker 5: Doesn't know and let's continue. We've got a lot to talk about me.
Speaker 3: She's like, now I get a wrap there. Yeah, I've got a break. I'm putting.
Speaker 4: You talk about this, but you're coming back tonight. You're always here us, more than most of us.
Speaker 2: If you standing of the show, you can catch up on the pick up on our podcast. It's available on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when cold and flu strikes, Demzine gets it done, always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have our favorite boys other than you, michtuy Will and Woody.
Speaker 5: They're going to be driving his home. What do you got for us today?
Speaker 3: Is when we've got your Taylor Swift tickets. And when I say tickets, I mean the plural guys. A whole row of Taylor Swift tickets we are giving away on our show, row row, row of tickets. Nice all right, We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 4: See you guys, Catch a little