Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's the team.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to help me out here.
Speaker 2: I watched the cricket the Ashes on day one, and then I slipped into a coma. I think it was so excited that we're going to smash you guys, and the Veda has woken up. So I presume England one. Yeah, Well, it just tell me what happened. We must have smashed you guys, because Friday night it was all in England's favorite, so I presume that would have carried on, no reason for it not to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at three o'clock, you guys would definitely definitely yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've been in a coma since Friday night.
Speaker 2: England won by how many wickets? I don't know how to give it to me straight, guys, And it must be awkward for you to say congratulations, because.
Speaker 1: There's no way we would have.
Speaker 2: Just the only word I keep seeing over the weekend is capitulation. I've never said the word in my life, but it's the only word to sum up England's humiliate.
Speaker 5: There were nine England wickets in ninety nine balls.
Speaker 1: Just incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen you ever go first of all world in Australia. Amazing stuff, just on all counts. But I don't think i've seen anything so traumatic. Friday was wild. Yeah, Friday was crazy and I felt like the whole series in one day. Yes, yeah, yeah, the Game of Thrones, all of Game of Thrones in one day. It was just wild. So we're winning now, yeah.
Speaker 4: But you were in an unassailable position at three o'clock. I was complete despair. I was like, well, there's no way we care.
Speaker 1: I presume there. It's going to night Ben Stokes.
Speaker 2: Yes, by Saturday morning, wait King Charles up if he's not watching it already. And then Saturday was another just a wild, wild run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was over so quickly.
Speaker 4: It was like you went from being in an actually completely unbeatable position to losing by this so much.
Speaker 2: So much, so much, so much at that level, and also happens there's such a long gap in between.
Speaker 1: It's a really big deal. It's huge.
Speaker 2: Now it's supposed to be twenty five days at cricket, which you're lucky.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. I don't know how England come back.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think that's not that really just sho psychologically does How could it not? It's such it's such global humiliation. I'm telling you now, I've seen all the newspaper headlines here. That's nothing compared to how bad it is in the UK. It's awful.
Speaker 4: You guys are savage. I saw some of those as well. They did a wrap.
Speaker 2: Actually they've been trying to get citizenship here, trying to find jobs in the BBL.
Speaker 1: Lower batters, lower batters. You know it's Morgan is blowing up.
Speaker 2: His timeline was amazing, Well, we're going to win this four nil to then demanding people get fired, the five stages of grief.
Speaker 6: Yes, all in one beautiful tweet page.
Speaker 2: It must have been amazing for an Australian to watch.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the one, the one of the best openings to anything you've seen before.
Speaker 4: Definitely the best, probably the best two hours of cricket, or maybe I guess four hours of cricket that I've ever seen. It was just so thrilling everything went our way, and then that to see Travis head, Oh my god, wait, come, And he wasn't supposed to open the batting No, And then there.
Speaker 2: Was that last minute decision that it's amazing those chances because if you don't make that call, I don't think it goes the way it did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it wasn't like some grand plan. It's just that Kowaja was out injured. Who's next that guy? Sure he's done now, right? He looks ancient.
Speaker 2: The poor man around the poor man. It's every couple of years. Yes, it's a really big deal. He takes part in a golf tournament the day before and the day before that and the day before that, and then it's not mine. Screwedge.
Speaker 6: He was hobbling around.
Speaker 2: You get that one, I'll get the next one.
Speaker 1: Okay, get the dank running. He's also going to tile on the way to So if it's like the big thing, it's the ashes.
Speaker 2: You're not You're not playing eighteen holes a day before where in teen hours?
Speaker 1: Sure do you do? Wasn't there the story years ago?
Speaker 2: But Clem Maxwell falling out of a golf cart. That's Glen Maxwell.
Speaker 1: He does that. That's not news.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: In every Sunday night, mimodad chat. It's never not been like that since I moved to every Sunday night. Called him yesterday. He's not picked up.
Speaker 1: That's what England.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to speak to anyone in Australia. It's tore my family apart. England's shame on you. You've broken a seventy six year old man's heart. No, he's feeling the effects of a capitulation. I don't really, I don't even know what the real meaning of that word is. Is it an instant collapse or.
Speaker 6: Yeah, falling in a heap?
Speaker 4: In a humiliating and completely eetic and embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Have any of us ever used I get a rheo? Have any of us ever used that word elsewhere the lives? I've never used that word.
Speaker 1: I had an awful weekend.
Speaker 2: I just Saturday night, not too much to drink. I just capitulated and that to put me in an.
Speaker 6: Uber But it's not dramatic enough to roll a capitulation.
Speaker 1: Patsy, how was your weekend? What did you get up to camera?
Speaker 7: I learned the very hard way that I should be reading instructions. I don't always I think I know better than the instructions on the.
Speaker 8: Back of a box.
Speaker 7: I had a sore back and I realized we had in our covered some of those thermal thermal patches the pain. I've never used them before anyway, I thought, you know what, that might.
Speaker 8: Just do the trick.
Speaker 1: So you send some to Quadra.
Speaker 6: Like an entire body, shout out to.
Speaker 2: Chemist's warehouse if they could rush some back of it, because someone not just throwing.
Speaker 1: Them out there a bit.
Speaker 7: So I thought, I'll use this, and it's pretty easy. It looks like a big band aid. I thought you'd peel off the thing and just whack it straight on the skin. Anyway, So I put it on my back and Audrey saw me, my teenager saw me, and she goes, no, mum, you're not meant to do it like right on the skin. It's meant apparently it's meant to.
Speaker 8: Go over clothes, apparently to like get the heat.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's true. No, I put it straight on.
Speaker 8: Have you tried taking one of those things off?
Speaker 1: Are you going to go in the shower?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Is that what you're meant to do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Again, I've I never read the back, but I'm alive. Just so. No, I just went in the shower.
Speaker 8: Oh well, that's what I should have.
Speaker 2: I don't want to come because I have to be on so strong because you're walking around that area of the human body in the back and that and so no, you've got to you've got to be in the hot shower and to peel it off.
Speaker 1: It's agony. Well I didn't, but you can tick it off as a waxing as well.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 8: It took about two layers of skin off my back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that brutal is horrible.
Speaker 7: I'm sure they're great, but I really should have read the instructions because yeah, I've got this big red sort of mark across my bag.
Speaker 2: I tell you, someone who's not right physically today, what is going on with your face? And you have botops this whole lip fitter?
Speaker 6: I okay, and this is.
Speaker 2: That you're doing an impression, a racist impression of a nerd or something.
Speaker 6: It's so much.
Speaker 2: Get Jagger, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Lips like Jagger?
Speaker 4: I'm going to be speaking with the weird. It's really hard to speak. I've got a I bit my lip on the left side of my mouth really badly, and so I've.
Speaker 6: Got these two huge ulcers.
Speaker 1: Right like craters in your mouth, and I've.
Speaker 4: Got a bonus one under my tongue on the left side. Now I'm only I'm like talking like Popeye, only about the right side of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, And we've only got three hours of radio to am. I filming a TV advert tomorrow, I know. And that's what I'm talking being deranged fan. TV mann.
Speaker 8: Dongella that you put for babies results.
Speaker 2: So it's hard to understand.
Speaker 9: Said, I've brought let's get here to read out classic speeches and the listeners have to guess what And let's call Himonngella boy is actually's day in the month.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You know I love you?
Speaker 2: Tina works on the showy No, She's always banged on about.
Speaker 1: F one's my thing. I love F one. I'm here if you ever need someone on a go to me. And everyone thinking, all right, in a minute, come on, try and explain to us.
Speaker 2: Then why Oscar got bands from the Vegas Grand Prix said.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of so dramatic. I don't know anything about it. Why he got banned? I think someone to do it like a skid thickness. No, I don't know. She said I could. Who can eat? And then she goes to me. I think it's English cheating.
Speaker 2: Him on a knife edge. I could capitulate by seven o'clock plaps after just one hour of batsy.
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 5: So there are skids underneath the cars, or they call planks, and they have to be less than nine millimeters thick.
Speaker 1: So if they are judged to be less.
Speaker 5: Than nine milimeters thick, it's giving the car an advantage because it's lower to the ground. So the car, if the car is low to the ground, it gives it an unfair advantage, so.
Speaker 1: A less coefficient drag.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Lockie's given me the thumbs up in there the biggest f one fan on the planet. So I think I've done okay with that explanation. Yes, he's not.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me that all the cars are measured to that degree before they race.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 5: And if I think theirs was judged to be like eight point eight millimeters, so slightly thinner than the nine millimeters recording, this.
Speaker 1: Is cheating or.
Speaker 2: Get some sandpaper out trying to steal it from our innocent sweet by Lando why don't name as well?
Speaker 1: Nothing can be more English?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all than Ben Stokes, but then Lando Norris. It's like a Star Wars character Christian advice Rio and his mouth. Also, you are in a lot of pain.
Speaker 6: It actually is excruciating to talk O God.
Speaker 1: And if only you didn't have a job that does actually buire it like a lot.
Speaker 6: It's the biggest part of it.
Speaker 2: Because the other guy was.
Speaker 1: Confused.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think this is house stress. I warned you Friday you were getting into a brave new territory now, but it starts to affect your emotional health.
Speaker 1: You're picking up the keys. You've only got the keys. You get the keys today.
Speaker 2: And you have settlement day to base covered in ulcerating sauce.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it has, and it's been a very stressful.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that mouth.
Speaker 1: Ulsters are normally stress.
Speaker 2: Someone has come up with a good fix, though, Christian telling her to have a baroka and then apply vegemite to the ulcers.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that one.
Speaker 2: I know you love veget taste horrible like an orange, and then fierce the east.
Speaker 6: What's worse though, Yeah, I'll give it a look.
Speaker 1: I'll try it, kat and you got your hand up.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. I've had mouths aultors ulcers.
Speaker 2: She just got one immediately. Katie is one of those tops, isn't it. He's got you've got a mouth ulser. You're getting a bit of a tension.
Speaker 1: I had the worst. I had a mouth hulser so big was on.
Speaker 2: My eyes.
Speaker 1: Because it's got salt in it.
Speaker 8: So salt, yes, it really really helps, just clean the wounds.
Speaker 2: Why can't you just use We're out that revolting yeast muck you love here?
Speaker 1: Why can't you to have a salt gargle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is where it like actually sits on there for long.
Speaker 1: So you're bluying a paste.
Speaker 3: You're a paste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I presume we have some.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's some vegimind there's some vegimin in the covert.
Speaker 1: And the news apply that. Now.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, I've been home alone and so I thought I should go out at some point. So I haven't a lot of human contact over last coup, and I was why. I was enjoying it too much, and so I thought I need to go out. So I booked to have dinner by myself Saturday night, and I thought, you know you often see this the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a pub.
Speaker 2: I was going to rang me and now beforehand, going oh, you've got a reservation for one? Did you mean more?
Speaker 1: People don't want me being in the bus out?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's just a couple of weeks ago. So one booked at table for one and there was ten of them. I forgot to put the seer it. It was a major problem.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it is just once. I would love to have you there.
Speaker 2: Oh I had a pub.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible mistake. I got my book out and people are like, there's like families, everyone stop company. Yeah, yeah, why you just stay at home?
Speaker 2: And it's in public, and so I was surrounded by families. I could see people looking at me, and it constantly they kept saying, and so is somebody else.
Speaker 6: You're going to use this, change the manager.
Speaker 1: Because I've been there before. When eating alone tonight.
Speaker 2: Anyone talking about me at the back there they're googling me. They're finding that Herald Sun's story from February unfounded marriage rumors. He's got a book with him as well. Anyway, so last night it was takeaway. Sunday night was takeaway okay, and we talk about random act of kindness. I didn't order this extra dish, right, they give it to me free and they've written on it enjoy. Eggplants on us were two hearts, eight dish. Thank you, Bang bang you made my weekend.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You know Bradley, our engineer.
Speaker 2: Well, I told me about that I could win nine hundred and twenty million. Well I lost hundred dollars. How did it go if I won nine hundred million.
Speaker 6: Well, you said you'd buy the station. So I was wondering maybe that.
Speaker 2: All staff meeting half nine today, get ready to meet the new funky CEO. Anyway, he was watching a Grand Prix over the weekend in Vegas and they were selling Australian meat pies. It was all the Aussies. Therefore oscar thirty eight dollars. Thirty eight dollars still cheaper than the g I think. Yeah. Now, I've been collecting newspaper headlines, screenshots and to send back to my dad and said this is the reaction here to the capitulation. Now I wanted didn't take a call yesterday. You don't want to speak to that guy. You moved there. This is your these are your people. Now, this is your people's son. Anyway, dig Ben was one that made me chuckle. And there is a picture of poor Ben Stokes that press conference, just shell shocked.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's one of the better ones. He shouldn't be out there.
Speaker 2: Get some of those other pasty faced mumbles out there.
Speaker 6: He did, look he was just staring at a distance, like.
Speaker 1: What you say to get everyone going again?
Speaker 2: How do you actually put any kind of no punning in but spin on it? You know, let's look at the positives. Where were the positives didn't have some appears Morbin tweets he's got something, oh Churchill. The other one that I thought was actually incredibly good was Pommeled.
Speaker 1: That is Palm's pummel.
Speaker 2: Genius is very very good and then the most offensive one but also the most aggressive and best. Therefore in the West Australian English England's daddy.
Speaker 1: With a picture of Travis.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, he's our daddy. Now that that's quality journalism at its best. That cps off to that.
Speaker 1: Anyone.
Speaker 2: If I had to like put together an identica of what a typical ossie looks like, is Travis? Yes, Yeah, no one looks more Australia than him. He's not that fit. He's gonnaja good on him. He's putting the dad one on a global stage, even a guy with it who wasn't supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Out there with a dad bod.
Speaker 2: That's what's hurting.
Speaker 1: We trained Travis he no we knew a.
Speaker 2: Gym, no cardio. Anyway, today I thought we have some fun with this, with all these headlines. I want you to We're going to do an early version of the time Waste. So this just such a big story. England's capitulation is I want your Ashes. Songs that sum up what's happened in just two short days.
Speaker 1: Songs for the Ashes.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got opswedied it in two days. Stark me up, Stokes on fire, Get Ducky that could be a theme tune that's of the summer.
Speaker 1: We're able to get Dunky and Coldplay. They love cricket, that's right.
Speaker 2: Travis Head for the Dreams. All right, Rio, you're all right if we can understand with the ulcers, you your songs for the Ashes.
Speaker 4: Travis Head was on fire, wasn't he? Yes, you could say heads are burning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good, yeah, yeah, Silver.
Speaker 6: The Choker and the Thief goals. Okay, this one takes a bit of thinking.
Speaker 4: But you know Kylie Minogue's can't get you out of My Head?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: What about can't get out head because you couldn't get him out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're thinking about doing it on the radio.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mate And Travis Head, No, can't get you out of my Travis Head, No, can't get out.
Speaker 6: Heead It's like you couldn't get him out right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 6: And you know bes loser?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about what a bunch of pathetic losers?
Speaker 2: That's not nice. Minus bronze gonna be tough, tough day today and not just that the next six weeks.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, real, I don't think it's getting better.
Speaker 2: No, there's no there's no goodness coming. There's no big I don't think there's going to be any big comeback.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that said they're going to change nothing? You're like, oh my god, you have.
Speaker 2: You watched it? Watch it back?
Speaker 3: Guys watching the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So I'm rolling out an extra time waster. After the capitulation by the England team, one of the team thought that was it for the whole ashes?
Speaker 1: She went, So it's all over now, is it?
Speaker 2: And if only actually for English fans, the bombing Army, the team, if they were now on their way back.
Speaker 1: To England, it should be over. I kind of forget the feeling it is. But I saw him.
Speaker 4: There was the video of a guy, a Bamie Army guy at the cricket and he was texting and someone zoomed in on what he was texting and was saying, Hey, loves crickets going terribly, have changed my flights will be home too.
Speaker 1: That is debate.
Speaker 2: That is deba debate. No, yeah, you assumed in yeah, you're cheating your f one cars and now you're turning on the beloved Barmie Army. Do you reckon? It's going to cost the stadium about five million in undrunk paints and ticket sales.
Speaker 6: And three two three days.
Speaker 1: Dis is financially for Perth.
Speaker 2: Also, you've got a lode of maraudering, angry British people just wandering around. It's not it's not great for the people of Perth.
Speaker 5: The first Test since nineteen twenty one to finish inside two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen right, I don't want to hear any more stats. The stats. The stats aren't going to make me go. Oh, I saw it, Alex, I saw at least.
Speaker 6: It wasn't as bad as nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember those days that it was tough doing that radio show Pray for the nineteen twenties loss.
Speaker 1: So asking your songs for the Ashes?
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five three one oh four three, Chris Is just hit me hard with when when palms cry?
Speaker 1: Great God? All right, so keep this coming.
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five three one oh four three songs for the Ashes. After the two day capitulation, I have got the most incredible story of I would I describe this and every day OSSI hero that I had to drag out this guy Saturday, eight night. So I'm in an uber and I'm going to this pub to dinner, right And as we're going into a pub car park, I said to him, I'll jump out here that otherwise it's going to be a nightmare for you getting out.
Speaker 1: And he goes, oh, don't worry, an I want. It's late sixties, let's.
Speaker 2: Call him m. He goes, O, I don't worry, I want. I want, due to an unforeseen circumstances to take control of a greyhound bus and I did a thirteen point turn in an emergency and I go, oh, right, are you a bus driver?
Speaker 1: He goes, And then I go, oh, what happened?
Speaker 2: He goes, Oh, it's quite a story, and don't you need to get out now? And no, no, no, tell me what happened. So he's on a greyhound bus right going from Adelaide to Melbourne. Because this guy M is First Aid trained level three, so he's a high level first AIDA.
Speaker 1: That's not his job he works. He used to work for the.
Speaker 2: Government okay, in the family law division, but anyway, he's the first AIDA. The driver he can see isn't very well. So EM gets up and says, hey you okay, what's going on? The driver starts to tal him and EM says, I think you're having a heart attack, and so he says pull over. So I said, now on fine, I'm just feeling it, but he goes, no, I think THEO says you need to put over right now, pulls over and then things get a lot worse.
Speaker 1: He is having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: So because he's first day trained, he managed to sort of, you know, start to know what to do. They're in triple zero and they go where are they'd given location? It goes going to take us a little while to get there. M decides that he will drive the greyhound to towards the hospital. Right He's got a bus license that he's never used just for hits and giggles.
Speaker 1: He thought he'd take on passes. Now might never have to use that one.
Speaker 2: Then there's a big difference between a bus and a greyhound coach, so he had to Suddenly he's doing the right thing. He's stepping up as an everyday leader in a desperate situation. He then realizes these are really big I don't know how to They've got to turn it to go towards the hospital. He had to do a thirteen point turn driving this greyhound coach towards the hospital and the ambulance crew were talking on the phone to somebody else to say if we can meet you halfway and gave them the location. Wow, so they do. He hands them over to the ambos. They saved this guy's life really thanks to M's quick decisions. The fact that he was someone who had, you know, basic first aid isn't an incredible story. I'd have drawed out this guy am.
Speaker 1: I said, that is an incredible story.
Speaker 2: I said to what happened, and he goes why I got a letter of a commendation from the Greyhound bus company.
Speaker 6: It's going to be from the mayor or something.
Speaker 2: But it really made me think how many people would be alive if we knew basic first aid. I almost think it should be part of like even taking any driver's test or something like that. Where it really made We've said this before, but now I haven't listened to his story, and that I wouldn't know what to do desperate situation which could happen any moment in our lives, but I'd like to I think that we as a team should commit in the next couple of weeks to learning basic first aid.
Speaker 1: It's actually even here now. Do you even know where the DEFIP thing is now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I think it is near the toilet, but I don't know for sure. We don't know how to use it. No, No, I wouldn't have the first clear.
Speaker 1: None of them moment. No, we need to have put one incredible story.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Very hard to be here today just being answer to you guys after what England did to me personally, sports personal.
Speaker 1: You do take it like could they do this?
Speaker 2: You know I'm the only English gar The bloody radio over here now behind enemy lines made me a laughing stock.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Stuff being here today, it is all the jokes coming through, all the jokes coming to the joke man reads so good.
Speaker 1: There's your show today.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm asking for I'm asking. I am just asking for it today, an't I it's not lancing of boil. I'm not saying you're like a boil today, but exactly the words that felt right. I'm asking for your ashes songs today. It must have been glove, but it's over now. Exclaim I'm sober that you've got to give it that.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Don't fear the keeper on Chris the band Sweet and ball instead of ballroom blitz Ballers blitz silver.
Speaker 1: That's out.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, that's my favorite one. That's all the drama in one line. There word earned Steve Bruce springsteenborn to makee runs Silver and other pom bites.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: Now. Actually, I just remember I got my Australian passport. It's a great. It's a great Australia.
Speaker 1: How about this one?
Speaker 2: Christian from Paul, it's a long way to the crease and you only scored a duck.
Speaker 1: Christian. How about total collapse of the poms around?
Speaker 2: That's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't be laughing, but I have to hit me travels one more.
Speaker 2: Time, Daddy gold that.
Speaker 1: I won't have that. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I can't get no batting traction. Don't worry, you're crappy. Uh hit me with your worstship. No, come on, how that get through? We don't need another innings need another. He's a very good, so good, mighty cyrus and wrecking bass ball again?
Speaker 1: Oh traves dumping, Oh.
Speaker 2: Very very very good. This route is made for walking, not these which was your favorite one?
Speaker 6: Total collapse of the palm?
Speaker 1: Well, that's we'll send your price for that one. All right now we're.
Speaker 2: All involved in your house drama. So Rio, it's a big day for Rio today and his partner. Will you get your keys? It's you're picking up the keys.
Speaker 4: Yes, we settle on the house theoretically today, all going, well, what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean theoretically?
Speaker 6: Well, some people have been.
Speaker 4: Hearing all these dramas about people that have had drama on settlement day. It hasn't happened. Kim's Banks has got stuff wrong. It hasn't happened for three days. And all the stuff I get that far, yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then there's this stuff up right at the end.
Speaker 4: So not until the keys are in my hand will I be able.
Speaker 2: To fully Now I've been Friday at the final spanction because the reason why we're asking is and I'm asking this on behalf of everyone who was listening to show last week your house the mystery house doesn't exist. Yes, according to all utility companies.
Speaker 4: Yes, we tried to connect our utilities. They say the house isn't on the map.
Speaker 6: Good news.
Speaker 4: We went to the house. The house does exist. The house is definitely still there.
Speaker 2: We couldn't.
Speaker 4: Everyone's saying to find the end, but go to the meter. We could not, for the life of us find the meta at the final inspection.
Speaker 1: We can't find the meeting the electricity meter.
Speaker 4: We asked the real estate agent Julie and this poor and go like, hey, can you help us find the meter?
Speaker 6: Like we can't find it. We were looking for half an hour. We couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: So you haven't found the meter. I have found.
Speaker 8: It's not on a wall. Outside.
Speaker 6: No, we've tore the place apart.
Speaker 2: There are certain words that you're struggling with because rio's got poor guys got three mouth lces. It's distress. You've never had email pulsers, right, says I've known you for six years. Do you get your first house and suddenly you can't speak? You got face mouth is loads of mouth ulsters. Meter is a hard word.
Speaker 9: You said electricity, electricity, it's really hard to say.
Speaker 2: Let's just say the thing, the thing that makes me say t H. Can you call it the thingy thing?
Speaker 1: All right? So you couldn't find that.
Speaker 6: No, so still don't have electricity.
Speaker 2: You didn't find the meeting.
Speaker 4: We didn't find the meet up. Apparently the agent said they'll follow up with.
Speaker 2: The Asian or the agents. Don't be racist. Are these racist ulcers? You've got the Asian agent or the agents, not age. He's not he's agent, the asient.
Speaker 6: Follow up on today.
Speaker 1: It's like an you comedy character.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: It's a funny side kicker, like this thing that you're doing now.
Speaker 2: Also relation fresh. We can get your own susponsored by the sponsored by Buella.
Speaker 1: I always read the back of the label.
Speaker 2: So electricity is TBC hopefully, but this can't be happening. We will have you the people that you're buying it from, have you asked them or this agent?
Speaker 6: The agent is going to the agent.
Speaker 4: The agent is going to ask them today why already didn't get.
Speaker 1: On to it?
Speaker 2: What was she going to do? Once they saw those houses? They don't care anymore. They're on to the next move.
Speaker 4: So today we're going to go in, hopefully with the keys. We won't have any electricity.
Speaker 2: You'd like to think you have the keys. Yes, you got break into your own home, but you.
Speaker 4: Know there will be no electricity or water or gas or anything cool.
Speaker 1: So it's going it's going really well so far.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Christian tell Rio he won't find the n I've never even know of this m I N M I number on the meter, but he will see his meter number on the meter and a sticker telling him so complicating this country very quickly, telling him what distribution zone he is in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know, I don't even know this stuff exists.
Speaker 2: If he calls that number, oh great, another number to call, another dead end trough. If he calls that number, they will be able to give him his n M I number.
Speaker 1: Why aren't they just on the.
Speaker 2: Meters if it's the if it's the meter's number, let the meat to have his own number. Why is the guy got at the end of the phone giving out the numbers?
Speaker 1: What do you want it for? All right?
Speaker 2: So this week great prices every single day on the show, five hundred dollars for the best story about holiday from Hell? How do we make that sound even better? That's right, you've probably got a story that you would refer to as a holiday from hell. It's a regretation, a vague thank you, Pat Alex, you could have.
Speaker 1: Come in there as well. Just I told you before. That's let me go again. No no, no, that's that's one again. And so we would call that a regretation.
Speaker 2: Oh, we have a laugh every morning Monday to Friday six or nine. Oh and and you can win big prizes five hundred dollars every single show this week for the best story. Not only do you win that, you then go into Friday's grand Final where that story could be upgraded to a ten K holiday. All thanks to r a CV you can save on hand picked holidays. You won't regret no regret cation with ra ACV trout nothing there r a CV. It's Monday RACV Traveling Experiences this Black Friday. See r CV website for details. I tell you who's got some regrets me? Actually, if you're giving Rio this idea to Ruin, Frank Sinatra, Frank Snachers, given you mouth ulcers commas comas a.
Speaker 6: Bh holiday regrets. I've had a few.
Speaker 10: Missed flights, questionable tattoos, forgot my shoe.
Speaker 11: And matche pch got a new scar inim Christian, I say, give me ten take to to it my.
Speaker 6: Way.
Speaker 1: I'd like you to go back into the news and re recall that.
Speaker 2: I want to hear what it's like being somewhere someone who has severe mouth bolsters like Frank in the last days of his life.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: The n M I number is secret so that other people can't change your billing provider.
Speaker 1: Tell me n M Russians could be listening.
Speaker 2: All right, you're regretcation stories thirteen fifty five twenty two. The regrettation line is open now. I was so excited Liz's email. In nineteen eighty five, I went a recruise from Sydney with friends who started in Fiji, took a taxi to resort to sample cocktails. Yeah, yeah, sure, sampling them. Very kind of you. Then real as we were running late to get patch to the ship. On the way back, our cab broke down and by the time we reached the port, the ship would gone.
Speaker 1: We were extremely gobsmacks. What a great phrase. Extremely gobsmacked at.
Speaker 2: The fact we're watching our ships stayed away. The port authorities in those days took us out to the ship to try and board.
Speaker 1: Why did you with those pilots when they come in.
Speaker 2: Port Philip Bay? But the sea was too rough. The sea was not my friend that day, Jerffy. The only auction was to fly to the next available port. Devastated, we flew back to Sitney, meet strip term, retrieve our belongings. Expensive lesson learned, don't wander too far from the ship and don't get pie. Wait, I thought you said you were sampling them extremely pie I not gob smokes. Krishna have a holiday. Disasked the story. This Cinamoni that has it all storms, tick, floods, crocodiles, covid you name it wow.
Speaker 1: After COVID lockdown.
Speaker 2: So we're sort off on a family bucket list trip towing a new boat to early Beach for tuca to two kids and two dogs. Five weeks of adventure, or so we thought. We started camping in swags to save money. I need to wake up to torrents of rain at a cheap golf course in New South Wales at early we ran the boat aground in unfamiliar tide or rivers, discovered crocodiles were lurking nearby, closing on us, and had our pre boats accommodation flood before arrival Swags. It was again with prawns off the eski for dinner. Out on the boat we battled wind, waitwells just to reach a calm protected beach. One day later, our sun tested positive for COVID after dodging it for two years, ending all snorkeling vans.
Speaker 1: You can't if you got the old spicy cough on.
Speaker 2: There, Cardie, the rona not underwater. Do you remember Dan and used to set up me sunder no snorking, so remember it's the five k radius and no snorky.
Speaker 1: On the way home.
Speaker 2: Finish it on the rain home, rain closed, hot springs, shortcuts turn into dirt road. Nightmas, we packed up soaked in a thunderstorm at five am, dodging wild dogs and pigs along the way, wild pigs working with the wild dogs. Wild Dog Pig Army put it in the news lead story. Five weeks turn into just over three and we returned home deflated.
Speaker 1: That's on the.
Speaker 2: England team, but eventually able to laugh at our epic string of bad luck. Allie, what wow story? All right?
Speaker 1: The standard is high.
Speaker 2: What have you got thirteen fifty five twenty two your holiday from Hell story, or as we call it, our regret cation.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: If Travis Head is going to statue you used to do one for Kuaj as well, just old us back.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get that one, guys.
Speaker 2: I've decided next year on the show, We're going to give away prize one listener around Australia to be a mortalized Trevor as a statue.
Speaker 1: The rest of us meer muggles are never going.
Speaker 2: To be immortalized as statue, but one of you will next year our proper statue. And what bass Morley meldrums the other day and I was seeing be great to give away prize some random person in Australia for no reason. Haven't done anything significant just to be immortalized. Everyone who walks past him and go, Should I tell me what that was at school? Says Bruce.
Speaker 1: Statue.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have to work all that out.
Speaker 2: Listen, there's tons of room in Australia for a statue. That bit in the middle.
Speaker 1: Cities, which is dump it there randomly side of some dirt track.
Speaker 2: That just a statue. Yeah, let's make a note Rio statue next year. This is how we're going to win astrainum over by awarding somebody a statue. Stuff like this is going to sit right to the top of no time. Watch out, Kane Jay, we're coming. Christian an idea in regards to the electricity meter. All right, I'm still on that. Could the previews owner take a photo from there? This is a good idea. Electricity bill brackets editing personal details brackets. I put my own brackets in their brackets. They don't need to edit their details. That's Rio's new addressed. No no, no, that will have the detail of the numbers that they used.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're going to try that today. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Regrettation.
Speaker 2: Forty thousand members of the Barmi Army be calling in shortly with their great cious story.
Speaker 12: Very good.
Speaker 2: That's some world done, Janine, that's very good, Christian. Each meter has a number, Each area has an electricity distributor.
Speaker 6: Oh, back to the distributors.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I don't know that. You can't change who this is.
Speaker 2: You can choose your eleteracy provider e g. A g L Energy in all of them. The distributor, though, we'll be able to tell you who the current provider is, or check your settlement documents. There should be a it's not statutory though you found that out. Yes, it's not in the section thirty two doesn't have to have it. Yes, we're getting so deep.
Speaker 6: Into contract house.
Speaker 1: It's what adulting is. It's just bureaucracy that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: It's not joined up kind of thinking anyway, Nor is this holiday regret.
Speaker 6: I've had a few.
Speaker 10: Missed flightsun questionable tattoos.
Speaker 11: Forgot my shoes had match pachoes.
Speaker 2: Wait, you went to Xanderbar, got a new.
Speaker 11: Scart in many times?
Speaker 12: Give me ten ta to dude.
Speaker 11: My.
Speaker 2: Side prize. I've decided this week. First person that calls us say they've been to Zanzibar.
Speaker 1: My voice broke there with this sheer excitement of speaking to someone who can give.
Speaker 2: Me an eyewitness support the fabled Zanzibar. So side prize now five hundred dollars. First person call the show this week. Who's been to Zanzibar? All right, regret caation, your stories best every day? Win five hundred dollars and you could win a ten thousand dollars holiday on Friday.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks to RACV travel and experiences.
Speaker 1: It should lie from n Agara Falls.
Speaker 2: Haven't every one these in a while because the tell the.
Speaker 1: Team, don't put the one, Let's picked somebody else. That's a horrible noise.
Speaker 2: Listen to come on, producers, I don't want to use it a wedding. Caitlin Stewart's Hello God, there we go, Crystal Clear, Stuart, So that's your regretcation stories, Dewey.
Speaker 12: Firstly, I'm a pummy, so let's not talk about Travis Head if you could.
Speaker 1: Thanks, he's one of my own people.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep each other a quick hub for a while, a warm embrace and hold each other.
Speaker 1: On a weep.
Speaker 12: My regrettation was a family trip to Spain back when I was twelve, day one of the trip, I've tried to jump in between two swimming pools and slice me chin open, requiring the hospital some stitches and seven days out of the pool. I went back in day seven. My dad says, don't do anything stupid, you've already wasted a week. So I tried to do a front flip into the pool, get sent back to the caravan. My dad run back to the caravan and slice me in the open on some gl So.
Speaker 2: I think that was your caravan must be more like a tree arge center for shit.
Speaker 12: And then the last three days I've gone right. I've got a couple of days just relax, swim nicely, run around the edge of the pool, chasing the soccer ball or football and slice the top of my foot off.
Speaker 1: Is there any of you you haven't sliced on?
Speaker 2: Mates, Frankenstein or patched up and put together like a baseball? The Stuart, you're gonna be the only english person in Australia winning anything this month. You can have the five hundred dollars you really really good story, well told as well, very good Stewart. All right, email me now we're back tomorrow with your regrettation stories. Email me yours you could be winning five hundred dollars tomorrow and ten thousand dollars holiday on Friday show as well. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 3: Are you Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast?
Speaker 1: Christian? Can the old owners take a photo of the actual meter?
Speaker 2: Actually? Yeah? If you're flicking around the dial and you're like, if only there was a show that do a lot of chat about literacy meters, madam you just found us rip that numb off bit locks on gold Gold's got the meter vibe twenty five Christian, in regards to the electeracy meter, could the previous owner take Yeah, we rab thepeet with the photos all right? Time now for sorry, there's not a lot of pressure today, a lot of pressure. That England team have really made my life a nightmare, absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: Late to the party, late.
Speaker 2: Anyone who's called in here, it's been to Zanzibar, keep it going, keep that line open twenty fourth Semari weight later on the night if we get one as well, and nibble on the line all right, late to the party, your home of your emails. Anything we took about the show never gets left behind completely food injuries.
Speaker 1: Christian read out.
Speaker 2: An amazing story last week about that I required a skin graft after spin it his wife's built Lasagniel on the back of his neck. Yes, that's right. This led me to the story of what happened to my frame?
Speaker 1: Greg? We ready to a story about Greg.
Speaker 8: Please.
Speaker 2: Greg came home late one night, been drinking. They felt like get a hamburger, only she was The hamburgers were in pairs and frozen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: He tried to pry the hamburger's part with a knife. The knife slipped out, cut the webbing between his thumb and his index finger.
Speaker 1: Then he tried again.
Speaker 2: This time the knife slipped again, went into the palm of his hand. Oh my goodness, clean out just below in between the middle of the ring finger. Chrystian, listen the story never cook under the influence sage advice there thank you.
Speaker 6: He cut the women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he went again. Yes, and then just think the subject this one, pinky.
Speaker 2: What are the odds, Jim? Last year we had pink eye Pats that God has calmed down. Otherwise, there was there was a meeting last week that we're gonna have to actually from the TV we can't be showing the country the new shiny show with a pink eyed Pats. Yeah, Christian, I listen to the podcast while doing chores or if my partner's way.
Speaker 1: I like it helps me go to sleep. Don't lead with that.
Speaker 2: Come on, I like the comfort of the chatter chatter.
Speaker 1: You sound like a babbling brook of a stream.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the story of Pink Eye Pats and the song you made up pink I stink? I yes, what are the oddsers I'm listening to this? I had a funky gunky pink as what are the pink Christian? My husband and I are visiting Australia next month of Christmas and we are starting in Melbourne for Christmas, heading to the barme army Christmas lunch and boxing datas. This email has not aged very well. Oh wow, it's gonna be more like a wake.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The reason to get in touches Peter Murray. My husband has been listening to your show for years. Could you surprise him? We listen to the podcast every day with a shower. Tell Peter Murray counsel the flights. I'm now speaking to you after the fact. Save your money, go to.
Speaker 3: Zanzibar, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: What are the Odds Today?
Speaker 2: You'll see the England cricket team on rotnest s Island heavy googling things to do, him Perth selfies with Quakers. I bet top thing is like, go see the ashes. I don't rub it in. Let's go see the caucus.
Speaker 6: Maybe do some practice. I mean I don't know, that'll probably my advice.
Speaker 2: Go and have a look at the prison round Fremantle. Go on the guided tour. You got all the time, guys, enjoy this precious few days. Tumble one by tub thumping ten minutes past. Take good morning. It's the Christian o'connells Show on Gold. Time for this week's miss hurd lyrics. Every Monday on the show we play back all the miss hurd lyrics you send us. It's just another miss hurd Maday, Christian Connall's misheard lyrics. The email you need for whenever you mishear a lyric is Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you when you miss here them. We play the maac on a Monday if we agree with the misshead if we can't hear it, and for the really great ones.
Speaker 1: Hall of Favor.
Speaker 2: We had two Hall of Famous last week. Chris Jepp with heavy weather by the Rubens. A tortoise is coming.
Speaker 3: Doctors is coming.
Speaker 2: By the way. Somebody has sent me just a random message that says no context, and this is me with one hundred and eighty year old turtle.
Speaker 1: Sandra.
Speaker 6: Oh, it doesn't need contest.
Speaker 1: Doesn't need context. Maybe it just doesn't. Maybe I'm trying to give it too much meaning. It is what it is. It's our friend Sandy with a really old turtle. Roam.
Speaker 2: Yes, Danny, shake your rum beast. The boys check your rumber, shake your all right.
Speaker 1: Brand new ones that have come in the last seven days? Who got here? Greg? I heard them all, Bennett?
Speaker 13: What I hear the lie, hear the lie, hear them asking.
Speaker 1: It's time to say goodbye to some of them, isn't it? You know?
Speaker 6: I hear them, hear them, hear them.
Speaker 1: Or something like that's the lady with anyway.
Speaker 2: I hear the mole, I hear the mole, I hear the lie. You know, I love it, Thank you very much, Adrian. Wouldn't it be good, Nick Kershaw? Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes, but he's hearing it. Wouldn't it be good to beat the Russians? Steady on, Adrian, We don't want to start anything on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that it's listen, let's go again.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't he good to beat the Russians? No?
Speaker 1: No, he's saying it.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: That is it.
Speaker 2: That's straight into Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Adrian, well done.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be good to beat the Russians? Don?
Speaker 1: Why does my heart feel so bad? Moby?
Speaker 2: And the line is he'll open doors. This guy's here, his own name, Big Papa Don. Once more, Big Papa Don. It's what we're listening out for, and it's there. It's subtle, but it's there, Big Papa Don BPD imagine being the just how good Don would have felt hearing his own name in that song? There tis Paul Favor, Come on in, Donnie, Dave's got brown eyed girl?
Speaker 1: Van Morrison? Hey, where did we go?
Speaker 6: He did we go?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Hey? Wet amigo? A little wet Spaniards?
Speaker 2: He well did we go?
Speaker 1: That's such a great spot, Dave, Hey, wet amigo?
Speaker 2: He well did we go?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Matty Cox has been listening to Mike Posner, I drive a sports card just to prove from a song of.
Speaker 6: Either, I drive a sports card just to prove it.
Speaker 1: Yes, to prove it. Can it's positive money? You know what is his prevous posna?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 1: Or is it.
Speaker 2: He drives a sports card just to poop? I guess you want a high performance car. If you would need to go, you gotta get public to you got you need a lambig to get you there.
Speaker 6: I tray a sports carchers, I trave a sports carcher.
Speaker 2: Just yes, come on in. There's one clear winner today to beat the Russians. You hear that, Puson As always, email yours Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 3: Today you the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Because I'm a kind person, because I'm a generous person, I am aware that obviously for Australian cricket fans incredible. Today is a joyous day. Yes, there is a joyous day. I'm sure Saturday was a joyous day as well. It must be nice to have joy's days about cricket. Also, I don't know when they're coming back. I don't know when they'll be coming back. I don't think it's going to be over the next six weeks. Spoiler alert. One thing we all know it ain't going to be twenty five days of cricket. I think it's going to be done a lot quicker, a lot quicker. Anyway, this made for you with the incredible, incredible Travis over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Now is this right now gonna have?
Speaker 2: Isn't amazing how last week might have been playing today suddenly a world where he's getting a statue, Just in one weekend he's getting a statue. Isn't that it makes you will to.
Speaker 1: Live in where everything can change in a moment, Jake.
Speaker 2: Weather or Well? The question is who will he be opening? Travis work from it tras control traves here two sharp cat.
Speaker 6: Boundary crunch. If we're chasing that one that has been met back to.
Speaker 4: Back boundaries, this time it is full three boundaries. The three balls off big stoves opens and just splashed a little white with arrogance to his head.
Speaker 6: He gets inside it, touches it far.
Speaker 1: Atop the head.
Speaker 11: Guard it.
Speaker 6: It gets a hundred short, just sixty nine downs.
Speaker 2: But I was so sways head.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: I love the bit where he's just such a chilled out cat, isn't he just yells get over. It is like the most laid back person, like he's unaware. It's the ashes that he's out there playing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Years after the match, they were interviewing him and they go, oh, you know what we feeling before?
Speaker 6: He is, Oh, I just thought, you know, just hit out there, give it a crack. Okay, just go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think I'll find him mesmerizing. It's got like some sort of zend like buddher calm.
Speaker 6: Yes, he's got like bogue, like a Bogan Buddha.
Speaker 2: That's why he should have a statue and we worship about him because we've become more like Trev can start a movement.
Speaker 6: Some mindfulness is Rubbi's belly for good luck.
Speaker 2: Okay that's too much mate, all right, but listen that's your version. It's great news. It's wonderful for me. This is now something I actually just don't want to talk about, but really hard. When you are in Australia doing an Australian radio breakfast show, we want to talk. You go to get with the program, but I think in your lives right now, there's probably something you don't want to talk about. For me, it's a cricket and the ashes rio. I'm getting it's something to do with the house. It's been a stress or run up to getting the key today for you, your first ever home. Congratulations, by the way, I hope it goes all well today.
Speaker 6: Me too, Me too. We're settling today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one thing we haven't brought up without talking my parents on the phone last night. I do want to talk about it because we're a bit embarrassed that we did realize the house actually has three green ceilings.
Speaker 1: Why the ceiling is great.
Speaker 6: We didn't notice the morning. We've noticed the pink walls one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a riot colors, isn't it. Weren't we in Miami or something?
Speaker 6: But I guess we never looked up.
Speaker 2: What so three you look up?
Speaker 1: This is probably your generation. You don't look up looking down at your phones.
Speaker 4: But there's the bedroom, the spare bedroom, and like the study kind of room.
Speaker 6: All have these really yellow fluorescent broad green.
Speaker 1: That's going to be changed. That's that's that's what you'll be doing the new year.
Speaker 6: How do you even get up that highest?
Speaker 1: That's what they thought. No, I think the previous sod it.
Speaker 2: We're going to sell it.
Speaker 1: Next year, just leave it. I get now it's your problem.
Speaker 6: And we were like, well check the photos. Wheel was like, there's no were.
Speaker 2: They like that when we walked through them, and they they just did it once they sold it.
Speaker 1: That's just some pranes. You know what pain that is as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we're just gonna live with the green ceilings for it.
Speaker 2: But that's a riot, though, isn't it when you go to bed seeing that it's nick I know who has green ceilings?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just presumed all ceilings in the homes are mutual kind of.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, no, bright green, bright lime.
Speaker 6: Fluorescent green.
Speaker 1: Where the hippies or something? No, I don't know.
Speaker 6: They seemed one of them was an architect, but oh he should know. Maybe I don't know. I don't know. It's a very it's like an assault on the eyes.
Speaker 2: There's no way you're just going to leave that. You're saying that now you won't. It will drive you mad. I guarantee within five nights there, your first five nights, you guys are down Bunnings again. That it's a painting is hard work, right, It's really hard work. It's it's you don't realize how exhausting it is, or that twisting and that. The worst thing though, is getting that. You have to get a doubler. It's one bit of poll scows into another and do this. They shouldound them in Gym's right forty five, Like, just just do that ten minutes and that then you move on to the pull ups.
Speaker 1: It's aconizing.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now I just want to flagger. We won't be here tomorrow. The reason why it is secret show business. We are filming somewhere in Sydney TV advert. He after seven years, they decided to give us some marketing money. I know, maybe Color Jackio give them some back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They are too much marketing anyway, they're giving us a TV advert.
Speaker 1: We're filming it in Sydney. About it.
Speaker 2: The location director told me two weeks ago it was gonna take a while to find a location because he told me that Sydney's very hilly.
Speaker 4: Well do you know where we're filming It is hilly, The Hills District.
Speaker 6: I'm not joking. It's called the Hills District.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's going to be like the sound of music.
Speaker 2: I'm singing the show is alive with the listeners, but.
Speaker 4: They're looking through a flat part to do it, and they've picked the hilliest place in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Now you guys are all going there. So you guys are playing like you've got a character, haven't you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is great? All right? So I'm me last week for meeting whether it was really odd? Okay?
Speaker 2: Can you please stop talk about me third person? It only leads to manness for people. I'm here and they were saying what they thought Christian O'Connor would wear. What you ask you, he's wearing something. Now I'm not having the meeting naked. They were debating what would the character your characters mean? You guys are playing. You're not playing yourself to your characters. So what are you rio?
Speaker 6: I am playing guy who came back from the gym.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Have you been practicing?
Speaker 1: Al Alex? What do you make?
Speaker 5: I'm neighbour getting his paper dressed in his pajamas and dressing gown.
Speaker 2: Now are you bringing your own pjson dressing girl? And they providing that they are provided?
Speaker 1: Wow, this is perhapsly. What do you make?
Speaker 8: I guess I'm just a housewife.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you can't cast you as that not having that's a regular, just like you know regulars a terrible.
Speaker 8: That's essentially what I am as a mark.
Speaker 2: You know you're you're an incredible storyteller, broadcaster, and you're a leader of a move and rage against the men.
Speaker 1: We shove you in curlors and go, well, am I going to be in their? Going?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Is my dinner ready? Sweet? What ladies like I know this country? Listen to listen to my radio showing the women belong in the kitchen. Guys, take it by my ear again, it's babe, when this my ear has been to them. This little lady here cooking me up something some chicken rissolets for tonight.
Speaker 8: I see, did dress casual? Because I'm going out to.
Speaker 2: You are a CE. Oh you're a powerful I'm recasting.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're a c E shoulder pads, power and good luck of the stock change minister path.
Speaker 1: There we go, Okay, recast anyway. Wish is luck, give me chaos.
Speaker 8: That's what we're going to make it.
Speaker 1: Time wasted today.
Speaker 4: Is oh no no no.
Speaker 1: We're doing Swong movies.
Speaker 2: Pats today it's housework movies because it's national do your chores day.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking at anyone when I say that.
Speaker 2: On the team, I have chores to do today today for the best in the show Hamper World, Hamper, I guess with the team didn't have to put the extra Hamper. I'm guessing Hamper World. We're giving away one of their hampers. Wow, Client, Star Family, Old Friends this Christmas with the Delicious. These are amazing Ossie hampers and you can personalize them as well. Check them out Hamperworld dot com dot au best show. You've got all of these. It's worth about three hundred bucks. A great prize for your housework movies. What do the ladies love? I'm joking when I say that, Please, I do more than.
Speaker 1: My wife either.
Speaker 6: I do exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Stain spotting. Richard Jones is Dyson. I was going to go that way top left hand corner, not top right. I'll tell you who loves him in house work is the actor Daniel day lewis Man. That's right, my left peg. He's got one little peg left over. You know you got that one off.
Speaker 1: I need to for my underpants.
Speaker 6: Silver bus.
Speaker 2: Eat Spray Love Eat Spray Love, finding Lego, Oh god, you kid.
Speaker 1: Doing the house Lego silver, where's the wild dogs?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you vacuum and hang those dog airs not coming.
Speaker 1: Off the couch. There's a lot of dog cares. Maybe I won't play myself as a DJ tomorrow rio.
Speaker 4: What have you got Mary Moppins go, he's at beech.
Speaker 6: Say he's a dirty spar He's a dirty spar.
Speaker 1: Oh few, we got what you're doing though. It's a dirty war.
Speaker 6: What scrub time machine.
Speaker 2: Scrub belly worth any of that effort, bronze capitulation, that's what's happened to you.
Speaker 6: Sweepless in Seattle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sleepless And to kill an ironing board?
Speaker 1: What that doesn't many sense? You just crowbart in the word inning board. That sounds like no, no weekend to inning boardies.
Speaker 2: All right, if you.
Speaker 1: Let's never do housework movies again.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: But his account has told me I'll filming tomorrow for our TV advert and Sydney thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Be an english guy in that heat.
Speaker 2: I tell you I'm going to be playing the character of an englishman struggling. Hi, I'm gonna have to vine shade take cover. In film and TV, adverts, shaded areas, stormy as well humid.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sweating up in the hell of a good look on TV. All right, time way, says they.
Speaker 2: Then it's your housework movies. I'm making breakfast for Tiffany. Still fun. We bought a broom silver plus white men can't hang out the washing I guess bron I'll do it the day after tomorrow. Gold dust boot I love that from Stephen scrub Daddy Daycare Silver plus Harry Pots and Pans, gold.
Speaker 1: Did Where's My Chucks? Silver, Indiana Jones and Temple of.
Speaker 2: Broom Silver plus Honey I Shrunk the Sheets. That's Tess ironing Man silver plus Marley and Mila, Oh God, very good Beauty in the Bleach silver, The Wizard of.
Speaker 6: Mops Bronze and.
Speaker 2: Finally Plunging Miss Daisy Go okay, who is winning the hammer?
Speaker 1: From hamber World?
Speaker 6: I love Mally and Mila.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We are back later this week.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast