Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms Daily podcast brought to you, Hey.
Speaker 2: Freaks, it's Flex and Fronds and I want to come to you FLEXI with a little bit of a moral dilemma. I guess you can call it. But this is a real life one. It's not something that I've scoured off Reddit.
Speaker 3: Okay, that felt shady, but I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 2: So the other day I was going for a walk with my friend and she was telling me about how she referred a friend of a friend to a job. Okay, let me explain it. This friend works on it.
Speaker 3: It's quite clear.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever, I'm going to paint a picture anyway. This friend works at the corporate bit of KFC. Do want for AFC? No, it's not real. I'm making it. So this friend works in the corporate area of KFC. They're looking for someone to become a marketing manager in the same team as them. They asked their friend, Oh my god, like, do you know anyone that wants to do it? The friend puts another friend up. The friend of a friend gets the job. Therefore the chick who works there already gets five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: These are big referral fees in the corporate KFC landscape that's totally made up. I want to know, does that person need to split the five thousand dollars with the friend of the friend, like the person that helped them find the person, or do they pocket the entire thing?
Speaker 3: Possibly the entire thing? Really to dog eat dog world out here, You're not employed by the corporation who's giving out the fees, So I got to slit my fee with you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good point, right, I don't know. I just feel like, at least like take him out for dinner, little cheeky five hunch.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm surprised that you ted us misfrugal fruits. Look, I feel like, hypothetically, sure do it, but realistically it's no.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you get out of this way for me. Let's say I put you on to a influence the job, right, I put you on to a little brand job, and you book that job. Are you coming in out and give me? That was quite good? I threw a panet rooms reflexively. Can I now come to you and check for a cut? No?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, probably not. I guess that's a good point. I don't know. Something about this, like this is going to do a few friends of mine and they've always felt a bit like, oh, surely you'd like give me a little bit of money.
Speaker 3: Talk to the corporation unless look, you know, it's not even that deep. I'm not I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: She's as to going to pin out to write it down. Oh, okay, bookies for something to say. So, we've got a new producer at cater and I actually referred.
Speaker 3: That docs him Xander.
Speaker 2: So he works on Keen Nous and.
Speaker 3: A Niesha Where did You Live?
Speaker 2: But I never even thought to even give him some of the money for.
Speaker 3: It, because I did all the work.
Speaker 2: I slid into the DMS, I said, hey, are you interested in this?
Speaker 3: So why would I need to split it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I guess the person that works at the company has the inn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the person who works with the company has to work with that person. The five hundred five thousand is a bit of like a sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Consolation. Well, thanks, Brookie.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune Indicata on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.