Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I went to Bunnings just to simply get coolant nothing else. Came out with a set of three funnels like a nest of occasional there was like a big daddy funnel, then his two little kids, and also got some detailing cloths as well, and another can of w D forty. I think that's four cans. Has only T forty apparently got the house enough. I'd love WD forty. And a lot of people say, how come the fader action on this show is so smooth? Is because every day I Lubert up with WD forty, So this show is so smooth. So today I want to talk about I think everyone's done this where you do go to Bunnings and you think, well I just need to get this and this, and then you'll get that, and then you'll be walking around some while and go nine nine it's too good to be true. I love that before they changed their minds or they think twice about this deal, I'll have that. I don't need it. I don't know, I don't need it now, but I'll take that because it's is that right or is it? Nine? Hundred ninety this place. How does this place keep going? Is it a charity?
Speaker 2: I got sucked into one of those same sticker prices. We went in to get garden steaks for tomatoes, and I walked past a halogen work light kit. There was thirty five dollars. Now this is a tall.
Speaker 1: Industrial professional setup.
Speaker 2: Professional setup that you used to light a work site at night. I thought, well, I can't just walk past this. Imagine we have parties in the backyard at night. We lighted up like it's daytime. It's got the Haloja work lights. They heat up so fast. I don't know how industry uses them. They're so warm you can't even stand near them. And it feels like it must be sucking out hundreds of dollars worth of power at the house every day.
Speaker 1: I turn that on. See the amount of money that's heating up as well, Jackie Boyd. I once went to get just a hose and I brought a couple of torches. Again, didn't need the torches, I don't. We don't live in the DICKENSI era. But one of the torches it was equivalent to, you know, like your light bulbs are like fifty sixty seventy of those mysterious things that they suddenly just stopped being wats in light bulbs and became lumins without any consulting to us. Suddenly we now live in lumin world. This torch is equivalent to the power of four thousand lumins. Oh, it's the sun. It is so right. You could land planes. If there were problems right landing planes at Tullamarine, call me. I'll come out with my four thousand powered lumined torch. I also brought two headlamp torches as well, in case they get this. In case the lights go out at night and I have one. I have a convenient place around a low down so that I know I can fumble and dance get my little head lamp, and suddenly we've got light.
Speaker 2: One on the head, one in the hand.
Speaker 1: You got it, my friend, that's right. And then as soon as I can get to that four thousand lumin one, I can power the whole bayside will be illuminated by me. So give us a call. This morning, you went in to get one thing at Bunnings. What else, like the finals did you come out with that you didn't really need? Oh, that's not the number nine four one four. So I'm just gonna say, oh, what a beautiful morning. It's sorry, I just need a little bit more of that WD forty to make myself smoother for the show.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You went to Bunnings to get a bucket. You got the bucket, and then I was always ready going to Bunnings. You see those cheap prices or some other stuff, you think, God damn it, I don't think they'll be doing this deal ever again. I'll get that as well. So you went to Bunnings, But what else did you come out with? Elena? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm good? Ah, good morning Elena. Or you went to Bunnings and what else did you get?
Speaker 3: My husband he went to bunning and he came home barbecue.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it was just a big goubbled you lin there. What did he go in to get some or some light bulbs?
Speaker 3: And he came home with a barbecue.
Speaker 1: That's quite an upgrade from the bowl. It's an actual big barbecue. That is what it's like. Though you always see something else. Now. I remember buying some fireproof mits that I've still got no idea when I'm going to use these fireproof mits. They go over your elbow. Use them? They look you don't come handy one day, Elena, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for calling man, Thank you so much. Cushler, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello there, hello, yes, oh sorry, I went to bun instaget a doormat.
Speaker 1: And you got the doormout. What else did you get?
Speaker 3: I came home with solar powered fairy light and an outdoor table and she.
Speaker 1: That is a lot more than the dormer, isn't there? Yes, yes, me guess what was Was there a deal on the outdoor table and chairs?
Speaker 3: No, I was standing in my house for a sale and it was an upgrade from the one I had, so I just thought it would look nicer. But there was a sale on all the fairy lights. So I bought a whole pathway of outdoor fairy lights, plus one one lot for the archway.
Speaker 1: Lovely, oh lovely. How much value?
Speaker 3: Probably about two hundred and thirty dollars the doormat. The doormat was about thirty and the rest was two.
Speaker 1: Hundred What that guy who checks the receipt jack on the way out of the moment, she said, you think I'm nicking this stuff.
Speaker 2: I wondered how how much you reckon it added to the value of the home when.
Speaker 1: You sold it.
Speaker 3: Oh, the outdoor fairy lights nasty, but maybe the table and cheers added a little bit more upside from what I had.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it was hey, shout out that archway.
Speaker 4: Draw mat added of course, welcoming nice one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they have anything on it or.
Speaker 3: It's just got a scroll around the edge of beautiful.
Speaker 1: If I was you and put it by that archway.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm leaving it for the new owners because I haven't moved yet.
Speaker 1: Pack forward. That's what I stay with the doormat.
Speaker 3: I'm taking all my fairy lights, so I do.
Speaker 1: And that archway. Just strip that down, put it in the back of the youth because thank you very much for you call. You have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: Will you and I need to have a chat about this follow up question. Hey, your question about what's on a door mat? The follow needs to follow Pam coome morning.
Speaker 4: Oh hi, hi everybody. H I went to Bunnings to buy some paint and I came out with Jack Emmer.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do with a Jackammer?
Speaker 4: I have not a clue. It's sitting in the garage looking lovely.
Speaker 1: Of course it is a beautiful, brand new jackammer.
Speaker 4: Yes, what a shame.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great. I didn't know you could actually just walk into Bunnings and leave with a jackhammer. Yeah yes, Pam, thank you very much a co, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 4: Take care bye.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast