Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right. So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday at eight we get these amazing stories, genuine some incredible stories.
Speaker 1: We call it What are the Odds?
Speaker 2: And it's a place every Wednesday for you to share your stories of coincidence and chance. Stupidly, a couple of months ago, I gave into producer Caitlan's incessant, over enthusiastic demands that she had a ten out of a ten story that involved her and producer Tina, who I referred to as the Chuckles sisters, and what are the odds involving Patsy and this show?
Speaker 1: Already it felt weak.
Speaker 2: However, I thought, look, she knows the quality controlled on the show. Surely she's not as a producer of this show for many years. She's not going to stink it up. But I'm afraid it got stanky. So this is what we call hang a minute. This is what we call them not so great apple sticker story. This is one minute of time you're never going to get back. But this is why you need to understand. She says, she's got another one. So hear this, and no, if you don't call him enough stories, we're hearing it for a second time.
Speaker 1: Play it now. So on the.
Speaker 5: Show, Patsy was talking about how she would find apple stickers under the bench at home, and we were thinking, like, who would do that? That is no good, crazy Patsy's daughter. So then Tina was like, I was telling.
Speaker 2: Her, Tina not going to speak in this break. You said it was you and Tina, someone's hogging the mic.
Speaker 5: Well, how are we supposed to both tell the story? We were lying each Okay, So then I said to Tina, hey, imagine because she also said that there were boogers. And I was like, imagine if there are boogers under there, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't heard a word yet from Tina and.
Speaker 5: Teas Tina will gag at the soundal site or hearing.
Speaker 1: You her interpreter.
Speaker 5: So I said, imagine if there were boogers under the table.
Speaker 6: And then Tina said, I.
Speaker 5: Better go check that there are no boogers on the table because that's disgusting. Then Caitlyn, then Tina got off her chair and she went and looked under the table, and then she goes, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, you're not gonna believe it.
Speaker 6: There's an apple sticker underneath the table.
Speaker 1: No, I said, not a chair.
Speaker 5: So I got on the floor and I looked under there. What are the odds? There was an apple sticker under our desk?
Speaker 1: Someone else?
Speaker 3: And then I got under and.
Speaker 2: That went out Primetime, Primetime, Pats, You didn't help either. You were two warman, receptive an audience, You've got ears of leads.
Speaker 1: You're in a neighbor I thought it was quality.
Speaker 2: Caitlyn and Tina like you.
Speaker 1: Know all right?
Speaker 2: Lines are open now, Lines are open now. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. What are the odds? Your Stories of Coincidence and Chance? If we don't get great ones, she's back. There's nothing you can do to stop it. You've got a couple of minutes to find someone else to listen to. Okay, I'm not tune out. Might know myself, So what fox are up to?
Speaker 1: Love those guys?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What are the Odds? Every Wednesday? Your Stories of Coincidence and Chance? Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Let's play it believe it or not.
Speaker 6: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 6: Like, were you with Cheryl.
Speaker 1: Who married a Hun?
Speaker 7: Who works with the Cheryl.
Speaker 1: Who married a Hunt?
Speaker 2: As well?
Speaker 1: Some of our favorite calls some of the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: My grandmother when she was fifteen, came over from Cyprus just by herself. She was here for about twenty odd years and was going to church one day and saw this woman and she's like, I know there's some connection there. Turned out it was her half sister that she didn't even know existed.
Speaker 8: On the eighteenth of March two thousand, my husband and I went on our first date. Then over the span of twenty years, we got engaged on the eighteenth of March, married on the eighteenth of March, and then just by a pure chance, our divorce finalized on the eighteenth of March in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Forgot that last one.
Speaker 2: They say, oh that is lovely that Oh okay, Rio, you've got a willady odds.
Speaker 3: Yes, I went yesterday to the butcher near me because I needed a chicken pie.
Speaker 1: Good nice, yes, chicken, a leek or just chicken.
Speaker 3: It's a chicken pot pie that they make in their delicious. I got all my other meats, but I forgot the chicken pie. So I went home my chicken pie, went back to the butcher, picked up my chicken pie. But the guy before me, as he was leaving, saw that I was buying a chicken pie. He said, thank god you're here. I forgot to get a chicken pie. We both forgot to get a chicken pie.
Speaker 1: Should have gone with kiton story.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hardly groundbreaking, is it.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I forgot.
Speaker 1: Actually worse than the apple sticker.
Speaker 2: Now, I didn't know there's another level of Dante's infernel.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: We yeah, I actually think it was a pickup line, I reckon.
Speaker 2: He was thinking it was code.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a bit cute.
Speaker 1: It was like a conversation breaker, compeination break, all conversation's starter bats. Oh yeah, maybe I mean startup. Yeah, thank you. This was a breaker though.
Speaker 2: Gemma, good morning, Jemma, Hey Jemma, welcome to What are the Ars? What's your story for us?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 4: So I've been living in Geelong for the past three years and I've been going to the same Statfitness for a while and it's just a small stat Fitness and so in the gym, you'd never really say hello or anything. It's just kind of like a little nod and a smile. So there's a lot of familiar faces. And last year I moved to Sunshine Coast and there's Statfitness all everywhere over Australia, and in Sunshine Coast there's about three or four in like a small radius. But I chose this gym because it was bigger and it was just had a sauna and everything. So I went there and I actually.
Speaker 7: Recognized someone as soon as I moved there. I recognized someone from the small gym back at home, and it was so odd because I didn't know his name. He was the same age as me as well, which was even weirder, And yeah, I just thought that was really weird.
Speaker 4: But I did go up and I asked him Geelong to that are you from Are you from Geelong or do you just have a tween or something? Because this is wigging me out. Yeah, that's that's my story. And he also went to the same university as me and Geelong. Wow, and he moved up for university in Sunshine Coast too.
Speaker 2: Now you're wigging me out, anyone else getting a Wednesday week Out. Wednesday week Out, Jemma, thank you very much for your story.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, Caitlyn, it can't be any worse. Come on, come on, do you know what I believe? Do it?
Speaker 3: Alrighty?
Speaker 5: Great? So we went on a weekend away with my in laws. We're in the car and we're doing the Saturday Quiz. It's a quiz that we get every Saturday sent to us via text. Anyway, we're reading a couple of the questions and we get it. Zem gets out of the car to fuel up the car. A question comes up about basketball. It's me and my mother in law in the car, both of us useless, have no idea about basketball. Anyway, We're sitting there, We're like, ah, what's the what's the answer? It was something about a center from the LA Lakers being a part of the team that won the two thousand and one, two thousand and two, two thousand and whatever. And we're trying to guess, oh, well, what are the famous Lakers.
Speaker 1: That we know?
Speaker 5: We don't know any The next second, and I Am not kidding you, a guy walks in front of the car with an LA Lakers jersey on on the back. It says O'Neill, So we go. Let's just say Shaquille O'Neill. Who you know? We're not going to guess it. I hit onto the answer. The answer is Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Why not bad?
Speaker 1: Outstanding? Wow outstanding?
Speaker 2: That's crass scales aret that you could play for the matildas.
Speaker 1: Selky smooth storytelling. You're back in the pocket, she's back a sticker what I don't remember it?
Speaker 6: It's insane.
Speaker 1: That is a great one.
Speaker 2: I can see it with that. Do you know what I'm having on my second Wednesday week out?
Speaker 1: It was insane.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it. I couldn't even wa.
Speaker 2: I want to do anyone else listens, I think I want to do the Saturday Quiz.
Speaker 6: How do you take serious?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 5: You just sign up? Look up the Saturday Quiz. I think it started with a couple. I think they're from Melbourne. They just started doing it with their friends and then they turned into this bigger, bigger thing. And now it's like you can sign up, you pay a little fee and every Saturday you get a quiz and it's.
Speaker 2: You know what, let's do arrival for free. We might charge anyone went the Friday quiz. No, no, just can you get the questions from last Saturday's one?
Speaker 1: We just did on Friday? All right? Back after the ads.
Speaker 6: Are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What are the Odds Your Stories?
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday of coincidence and chance Jans send me this email Christian. In the sixties, my auntie gave me a butterfly broach with these beautiful little colored stones. I dored it in a secretly walked to school, even though my Muma said, don't do that, just in case you lose it. Well, I lost it and I never told her. Fast forward many many years later to twenty thirteen. I'm back in the state of Victoria, caring for my parents who walking my dog through my old primary school yard. While waiting for the dog to do his business, I scraped my foot in the dirt. There it was my brooch, buried, semi buried. Fifty five years later. It was filthy, but it was unmistakably my broach. I still have it all these years later, from twenty thirteen. It is still my most prize possession. This is another one of those ones where you're like.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's a beautiful story, Jarn, Absolutely amazing. You are meant to get it back. Some sort of divine interference there, Christian, I met three Aussies in Guatemala. What a great what a great intro to a story. I'm all is I'm leaning in. You're in Guatemala. Three Aussies are there. I'm from Perth. I'm in Melbourne now I live here. Then randomly camp next to those three at a small festival in country Victoria. A year Latertoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then a year after that, I'm driving onto the Spirit of Tasmania. They were in the car in front of me. That's amazing, that's great.
Speaker 1: Tasmania hasn't just been ausd the Foo Fighters playing there.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're doing nothing nowhere else in Australia except Tazzy.
Speaker 2: You don't reckon. He's seeing some of his babies. You know, he's got a few wets, a little ones stopping around the world.
Speaker 6: You know who are Christian O'Connell Show podcast