Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your bizarre injuries today. After going called Nick Harrison, it must have been so excited to be selected to the coin toss at the MCG does the coin toss and immediately as soon as the coin leaves his thumb.
Speaker 1: Ham a stream. I thought he was doing it to be funny. Yeah, I thought it was a bit bitch.
Speaker 5: Yes, there were people with the Essendon game. There was some smart ass little kid who did the same and pretended that he pulled a hand.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's become a thing now. It's a new dabbing guys. Do you ever dabbing.
Speaker 1: Challenge?
Speaker 2: Yes, So we're looking for your bizarre injury stories. Around thirteen fifty five twenty two, Hello to agent. Listening online now on the iHeart platform in Yorkshire in the UK. If you've seen the TV show brilliant TV show, please detect a show called Happy Valley.
Speaker 1: That's way listener. Adrian is right now. Oh beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christian, I was on the couch couple weeks ago, leant forward to pick up my mugga coffee, slipped a disc in my back.
Speaker 1: Off work for weeks in agony.
Speaker 2: Finding how quickly our bodies can go from being okay, it's suddenly in a world of pain.
Speaker 1: You're never safe, evening the coin toss.
Speaker 2: Now, Kaitline, your friend, please tell everyone how they hurt their finger.
Speaker 6: My best friend was at the cricket one day. She got the sunscreen out and went to do a little pump of the sunscreen, snapped her tendon in her finger.
Speaker 2: Oh so you wouldn't think you need to do warming up exercises before you using a slipslop, would you?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 4: At all?
Speaker 6: Like? She literally just was like, oh, just you know, pump one and then just heard this big snap and her finger wouldn't move back to straight. It was just like this, and she has it surgically reattached her.
Speaker 2: Caitlin's showing us the various movies and her fingers. We're on the radio, mate, and they've been drinking your way around issued the last two weeks. And also, uh, just remember radio etiquette as well, never used the phrase pump one out. Let's just turn that microphone off. Maybe next week we come and from when she tried out of it. You know, tell wine House out there producing the show. Let's go, let's go to Rob.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob, good Christian?
Speaker 2: Now I am yeah, yeah, no, great and Rob, what's your bersign?
Speaker 7: But you've got you got to get a kick out of this one. I was asleep at home one night, got in the mum sewing basket. I would have to go up and go to the toilet, force a step went down, bounced through a antique queen and table, seven stitches in the chin, bruise, rib, fractioned rib, punctured blas and broche cut slash the kidney. Oh my gosh, I imagine the brightest threads you could think of.
Speaker 8: That's the color of what I was passing.
Speaker 1: Clarics everywhere next to the details. Oh god.
Speaker 7: And I had to spend three weeks fling me back in hospital.
Speaker 1: Poor thing. You know he didn't die?
Speaker 7: Oh tell me about it? Well twenty five. Well, you know I'm an ambo Christian. I'm twenty five percent of your blood goes straight to your.
Speaker 1: Kidneys, does it? Really?
Speaker 2: We've all learned something this morning. I did not know that bloody hell I mean, you are lucky to be alive.
Speaker 7: What in story all these things happen? And the funny thing was, I'll staying cold sober.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's not that funny. No one's laughing, right, have a laugh. I don't rob. Thank you very much. You called me. Nice to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Cher's right.
Speaker 2: Take care, Anna, Good morning, Anna, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning Anna. You just take your time, then, my friend. Don't worry all the time of the morne. Anne. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it. You're right, you're have you actually coffee or your tea this morning?
Speaker 6: Anna?
Speaker 1: Are you in the rush?
Speaker 3: I had no, not in the rush.
Speaker 8: I'm just stuck on the free.
Speaker 1: Traffic already on the ring road. Yep. Now listen, Anna, what's your bizarre injury story? Mate?
Speaker 3: So I disploicated my knee sneezing what.
Speaker 1: It just sneezed? Knee out?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Basically, I was in the kitchen and I was making this was like a while ago. I've had it picked since, but it had dislocated so many times that it was like any any sort of sudden movement and it could dislocate. So I was in the kitchen one morning preparing breakfast for the kids, and I had to sneeze, so I did like a half body turn so I wouldn't sneeze on food, and my knee dislocated and I just went down like on the ground. And then my toddler daughter comes around the corner.
Speaker 8: She says, Mommy, why.
Speaker 3: Are you on the floor.
Speaker 1: I've just taken a knee.
Speaker 2: I always do it, just like a little prayer before trying to get through the morning school rush with you guys. Yep, Anna, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You killed my have a good week. Thanks you going the show?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Love you?
Speaker 1: Are you going to take care? Robert? Hey, Robin, Yes, hello, you're Robert.
Speaker 8: There's another robbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we had a Robin. Yeah, how we have established that I've.
Speaker 8: I've suffered a distal biceps tendon rupture.
Speaker 1: A distal biceps tendon rupture. Yep, are you Robert? Yeah, okay, gotcha. How did you do that? Robert?
Speaker 8: It's what it is is the sudden exertion of the bicep at ninety degree. So I'm a painter by trade, and I had two extension letders on the ground. I picked one up to put it on the top of the car and I tripped on the one that was on the ground and then the back of the extension leader hit the car. The back of the car and I used all the muscles I put in my arm to keep myself upright, and then I felt a big pop I left my arm and as a result, you get a you get a bicep which is a bit like popeye, a nice big boulding bicep, not in rope. All right, So yeah, that I went to the hospital. I had to have operation, and I've got a nice big Harry Potter scar on the inside of my on the inside.
Speaker 1: Of my elbow.
Speaker 8: And yeah, they had to reattach it.
Speaker 1: Oh, never heard of that.
Speaker 2: So the popeye is then when it's because it's separated, it gets bigger. Yeah, God, yeah, Robert, Robert, thanks your story mate.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks sir.
Speaker 2: It's Katen responsible for I feel like we upset Robin in some way.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We seemed very unhappy and I think it's Caitlin. Actually, don't answer any calls this week, Okay.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show one Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello to Jannine.
Speaker 2: Christiana went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, flushed the toilet using my middle finger, and suddenly it went limp. I turned the light and discovered somehow dislocated my finger just by flushing the toy.
Speaker 1: Not your flushing finger, you poor thing. Christian was our injury.
Speaker 2: I was playing mixed netball with my wife and I didn't take it too seriously, no warm ups, something, the balls on the opposite side of the court moving away from me, but went to into a jog to get after it. Suddenly felt like someone had taken a bowling pin and clubbed me on the back side of my foot. Turns out i'd slapped my achilles tender. I had a seven centimeter separation, and the surgeon told me afterwards it was like sewing mopheads back together.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, old person injury. Apparently they say that for footy players when once you've done your achilles, that means you passed your use by date on the field.
Speaker 2: He mainly looked at you, and then he shot a look at it. Do you see that her baby's doing a dude on the poss. You're going to clean this up, all right, Patsy. Let's look after our achilles. Even if I snapped my I'm not telling anyone I've been crawling in here on skateboard.
Speaker 1: If you have to wheel me in, have you done your killing soil management? No.
Speaker 2: Christian pticicated my shoulder trying to get out of a phone pit at trampoline place, gravity zone. Those things are a nightmare. Some embarrased. I put my own shoulder back in and got out. It was a bit sore, that's it's but I thought it was okay, continue to go to the gym and do push ups. From multiple weeks. Finally went to the doctors because it wasn't go any better. It turns out i'd partially torn my shoulder. Ended up having to get a full shoulder reconstruction from a phone pit. Christian a couple weeks ago, I put my back out putting the groceries away.
Speaker 1: I was in real acting.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even holding anything when it happened. Crack and Seaford morning. Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian go on in. My name is Harry.
Speaker 2: When I was five, I was away on holiday, so I was riding my bite too fast, slow down.
Speaker 1: Harry hit the came off.
Speaker 2: My head got wedged between the handlebar on the an brak.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, Bloodie, how the hell? How do you contaut yourself to do that? Little Harry?
Speaker 2: Three stitches later, five hours at the hospital and adelaide.
Speaker 1: That's some Harry mcclaw ten years old.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a tough head of a story that Harry. By the way to my rear wadge stories head wage between the hand of our and handbreak.
Speaker 1: But I'm trying to work out how you can even do that.
Speaker 5: I guess you like sort of flip forward and you get yeah, I must. I don't want to be mean, but must have a tiny did yeah?
Speaker 1: Tiny or really big? I'm sure he's ten years old? Is this him right?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Go to school? Were questions? Are that ringing around his big or small way? I'd love to see a photo kids heads, no real.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they like put butter or margarine on his cheeks to try and like him.
Speaker 1: Firefighters had to do this before.
Speaker 2: When kids get their head like wedge between iron railings and stuff like that, they have some big industrial tub or vaseline in the back of the truck. Yeah, just to lug them up and then out the pop. Christian, I broke a toe to toe. I broke a toe. I broke a toe while I played mini golf horse Gap a few years ago on holiday with my family. The course had rocks and boulders on the edge of the path. Not looking, I wandered and sort of drifted off into a rock, wearing thongs, which spent my toe backwards and broke the looking so on my right foot. I didn't realize this at first. Played the course one beat the family, and then a couple of days later went to hospital because I was in so much pain and it balloomed up and I'd broken it. I still remind the family because I have bracking rights and I beat them all at minigolf whilst injured.
Speaker 5: Where's ESPN with their thirty for thirty on this one.
Speaker 1: You're a huge story there, Josh. I love that
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast