Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great long weekend. Thank you very much for joining us this morning. During the next hour, every show this week finals tickets. It is the Australian Open and it's the finals coverment this weekend. You can win your way there during the next hour the show, every single show this week all week all finals tickets to the Australian Open.
Speaker 1: Alex in the Sports news there.
Speaker 2: Extreme heat protocols will be happening today. Now what temperature does it have to get to before it's actually unsafe for them to play?
Speaker 3: I believe it's forty It's going to be forty five today, so they obviously have people keep an eyelight the thermometers. Yeah, and they have a roof of a rod Laverna luckily have.
Speaker 4: Aircorn or it does beautiful.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they close it last night and crank up that ac for today?
Speaker 1: That's what the rest of us have been doing.
Speaker 2: You murmuring during the night, annoying Your neighbors were like woo twenty four to seven. Do that don't start during midday when it's that a billion degrees?
Speaker 5: Yes, because then it needs to work harder to get the final heat.
Speaker 2: Your sight yesterday was it was a beautiful hot day and I met a friend about three o'clock from late lunch and I got there first, and the guy was halfway through saying to me, do you want to be outside inside anyway?
Speaker 6: To me?
Speaker 1: Are your English? We'll get you inside, not going out there on that.
Speaker 4: We'll get you inside with sunscreen for is.
Speaker 1: There a basements? Is there a basement?
Speaker 2: Can I go under the table? So extreme heat protocols? And then what they're stopped playing for a couple of hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll have to and they're going to extend the late night session so Alex Demeno will be up against Carlos Alcaraz later on in.
Speaker 1: The evening, which is a good thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, Strellians could use it to their advantage, couldn't They can turn the icon off?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's get into small thing things that make you go good it it's the small things that drive you mad. Martin standing at the register with a half loaded basket and someone asks if they can go in front of you.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that. I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: And also I'm not being finny right these supermarkets they're doing okay, if you've only got one item, have it.
Speaker 1: If it's just one thing, just get it off free.
Speaker 2: I'm like a happy if it's one thing, ta take it way work. Not the men's raises. The most expected thing in the zuper but is men's.
Speaker 4: I've got them behind like the screen, so no one can steal the exclusive.
Speaker 2: You get anything else widely available hire, but not those men's raises.
Speaker 1: That five blader.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to go and ask one of the young children running this place. Ryan when the volume for the TV adverts is twice as loud as the TV show you're watching this Timm Claire when Australian Post Sound wasn't home to accept my delivery, but I was John. No one at my work notes how to change the loo role.
Speaker 4: You know what, I actually don't know.
Speaker 1: Where are the spare ones here?
Speaker 2: Because last week I always life lesson always check her head. I've been in the wrong side of that equation where you were like you're try and feed feed out.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh god, there's nothing here I need some assistance, and you're like, what do you do? You can't waddle out.
Speaker 2: A busy office and excuse me, by the way, can you stick on stay with her Heaven.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna need a bit.
Speaker 2: More time if I'm back on air, and I asked someone.
Speaker 1: To bring in some role, you know, ask the next door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me what's driving me mad?
Speaker 1: At the moment, I want to go to the cinema. Tonight air Con.
Speaker 2: Oh best air Con, supermarkets and the cinema. At the moment, my wife and I argue with our two daughters. There's no there's no consensus. They want to go and see Old Timothy Shamalama Ding Dong. Yeah, I don't want to see two guy playing table tennis and half hours amazing.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's really really good. But my wife and I want to go and see Hugh Jackman movie Song Sung Blue.
Speaker 4: Neil Diamond Tribute.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a Neil Diamond story. It's not. It's a tribute to Neil Diamond. I thought Hugh Jackman was Neil Diamond until I watched a trailier good he's playing a tribute act. It's a real life story. It's supposed to be incredible. My daughters said, oh no, that's the old people like you. They're right, said I do you want to see two and half hours about a table tennis kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I woon't think gen z kids want to watch table tennis? Like is that the tune off?
Speaker 1: How good can it be? Only one of the greatest sporting films of all time? That's what I've heard.
Speaker 3: No way, yeah, no way, that's Happy Gilmore remember the Titan.
Speaker 2: No way that that's two or three. Happy Gilmour is more like a documentary in the wall, Patsy, what's what's the things that make you go girl?
Speaker 5: Well, it's not a minor thing. It's a major thing in our house in that we bought the wrong sized bin bags for our fifty five leader in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: What you got thirty five early to bags?
Speaker 5: Yes, and we've got a fifty five leader. You know, pedal big.
Speaker 1: You can't even stretch over that lane.
Speaker 4: Lives me insane.
Speaker 5: It's like stretching your bottom lip over the top of your head. And I refuse to go out.
Speaker 4: You know the old saying, it's like stretching the bottom over the.
Speaker 1: Top of the head.
Speaker 5: I refuse to go and get the right size because we've got a whole big roll of the small size. So all weekend it was down one in of the bean, trying to stretch it over either side, and of course all the scraps.
Speaker 2: Economy because the moment you try and get that thing out, it's going to tear.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're making those bin lines thinner and thinner, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Wait for thin?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I tried to do the right thing and got you know, the green recycled.
Speaker 1: Materially ones bidegradable.
Speaker 4: It's very bidegradable.
Speaker 1: To save the planets? What's up with your man? The Christian O'Connell show podcast Rio just said to this, what movie are you going to go and see?
Speaker 2: We're not going to cinema because we can't agree. What a ridiculous situation. I was getting all moody yesterday. The kids aren't used to see me get moody, but I was. At one point they took the mickey out of me because I even mumbled, what's the point even being a dad?
Speaker 1: Because you can't control us saying a dad.
Speaker 2: Having these kids who can't bottom a round made them go through things they don't want to do keep Done Happy? Why won't nineteen and twenty one go and see a Neil Diamond tribute movie Tilo ten minutes, the great Hugh Jackman's in it, austraining.
Speaker 5: Icon show, different movies like we've done that before, the Three of Us. Yeah, so we just all go if the times kind of merry up and just as.
Speaker 1: A kind of third way. But that was Avatara. I can't get any excitement about cartoon Seahorse. You know he's that's just this movie.
Speaker 4: No one wants to say.
Speaker 2: Someone's just email been saying, Christian, what I favorite sports movies? Okay, Off the top of my head, I'd have Senna and when we were Kings would be in the top four. Rocky would be Yeah, Rocky the First Rockie is a is a brilliant, brilliant movie. And also there's a great documentary Alex. You might have seen this Hoop Dreams. Yes, yes, I have those in my top four. Top five definitely.
Speaker 4: Cool, Runnings for Me clean number one, Oh.
Speaker 1: John Candy? What about have you seen Bull Durham? No? Oh that great cost one.
Speaker 6: Cool running Any Given Sunday.
Speaker 2: Any Given Sunday is a great movie. Sorry, no has one great scene. It's cheesy. The halftime speech. Yes, little Alpucino, Tiny little Alpacino trying to motivate massive men just one edge. Well, well yeah, I don't know who that was.
Speaker 1: It's not Alpucino. All right, Alex? What's it for you? Things that make you go.
Speaker 6: Gur out of nowhere when you least expected a sudden QR code request on your TV?
Speaker 1: What is that about? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: The other thing is trying One of the worst modern hells is trying to type out your email address.
Speaker 1: Using the remote control. Hey, I when we need you? Where are you?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because I've been watching other channels and there as it's cheating behind its back.
Speaker 2: It takes soord and then you don't know how do we get it to go back or know that one?
Speaker 1: I think? What's holding.
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Start again? Being a dad?
Speaker 2: Things that make me go girl watching the stupid robot vacuum cleaner gets stuck, not pick up dirt, change direction halfway through the hallway, bump repeatedly into the same wall.
Speaker 1: You get the picture.
Speaker 2: Someone's have to get off my lazy button to the vacuuming myself problem. We've got one of these things and it's meant to do a mop when it feels like it. It's very sporadic and all it does basically, it's slight, the equivalent when your dog drags its filthy backside.
Speaker 1: Over your It smears muck down a coroner. I think, I'm brilliant. I'm glad I pay for this. I then have to mop after it smears, and only smears.
Speaker 2: Half the hallway, so the other half is bone dry and filthy, and it's just got like this clean streak, and I can't work out what what's it doing?
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it screwing with me? I have the machines one alright? Let us know then?
Speaker 2: What is it for you? Things that make you go gur? Text me yours four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Things that make you go gur Jess christianizing mad when my robot vacuum rufus comet dock on his home plate constantly lines up straight, then completely messes or drives straight over the top without staying in the right place. Is that why you're giving him a man's name? He is eight years old and on his second battery. Christian, this comes to Mareen. This is good Christian town Pats to get the crips bin liners for herself and take the other one to the op shop.
Speaker 1: They will find use for them.
Speaker 5: No great idea, We will do.
Speaker 2: That, Mauring, Thank you very much. That also good morning to Sarah Brand. Perfect surname. By the way, a couple of people in the UK sent me an email of the same guy. You know, we're obsessing a show about nominative determinism, where the theory is is a proper theory that someone's name can influence their job their job. This guy was rescued someone off a mountain last week in the UK. His name Cliff Climber. Wow, come, sure enough, we have to get into it this week. And look, Sarah Brand is a brand manager for I Robot Christian. Let me send the new robot vat Combo seven O five. Won't or touch your carpet. Let me know your studio address, Sarah Brand, and I would indeed, twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six is already leave all right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next, dear listener, lend me your ears in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: What is this? It's a mission, an invitation and the biggest trust fall in the world.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: This show's first mission is coming up in five minutes time, Australia. Be ready to a Christian O'Connell Show podcast