Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on there a We're back ladies.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Start of the week everyone, Yeah, happy Monday.
Speaker 4: How was everyone's weekend? Great weekend. He's going away for a little family holiday.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, yeah, well yes, I guess family holiday. Went away with my partner Ben, who's visiting from Scotland slash Switzerland.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, I have a new favorite pastime.
Speaker 5: Like my new favorite thing to do in my spare time is just like sit back and watch my partner Ben discover Australia.
Speaker 4: Because I forget they're in Switzerland and Scotland. The only animals they have are cow.
Speaker 5: So, like, we're sitting by the pool we've gone up to, like Byron Bay gold Coaster area. We're sitting by the pool. You've never seen anything like it. I was like, oh my god, there must be a huge brown snake about to attack. Then he got up and he's like, what the is that? Like panicky freaked A bush jokey like it just a bush jokey came out. He thought it was like a Jurassic Park, like a small dinosaur.
Speaker 1: He's like, they are annoying. I mean I'd run away from the two if they're running up for me.
Speaker 3: They're a big bird. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The kids don't like him.
Speaker 5: But I just forget, Like we grew up with this kind of stuff, like we see this every day.
Speaker 4: And I was like, babe, that's just a bush jokey. He's like, what do you mean? Just a bush turkey?
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what I learned on the weekend. He's a bit of a I don't know trivia facts for you. It's a brush turkey. It is a brush turkey. How great we've all been calling it the wrong thing forever. There you go, everyone, every day's school day. It's a brush turkey. But if you're just like sickets bushyurkey, rush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or if you're European has story, Well I'm guy. We're all back.
Speaker 2: We're all safe in studio for another round to start the week pick up put down is back. All the big talking points from the weekend. I bring you girls, and as the sort of voices on culture in this country, you decide whether or not we carry on a conversation into the weekend or we stop it.
Speaker 1: We stuff it out and we did it ever go away? When you say it's back, we've been doing it every week for months.
Speaker 3: Now, well it has a rest for seven days and it comes back. That's out. It was like a boom ring.
Speaker 2: Today we're talking a big a star joining the cast of neighbors. If you haven't heard this story, it's huge. I'll see you next as we start to pick up for your Monday. Welcome everyone, it's Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's do this pick up kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a list of the big discussion points from this weekend that the entire country we're discussing. And then I bring them to you girls, the voices on culture in this country, and you decide whether or not we pick it up, we carry it on into the week or we put it down and never speak of it again.
Speaker 6: OK.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what these ones are today, and I have a feeling I'm not going to know because I didn't really read the news over the weekend, So I don't know if I'm going to be the what did you call us, the cultural touch point or say that, oh whatever. I don't know if I'm going to know what it is you're talking about.
Speaker 3: You'll be fine, Britt. You'll be across it.
Speaker 2: Sure, you'll actually you'll be across this pick up put down, Selling Sunsets Krishelle Strauss joining the cast of Neighbors.
Speaker 4: What pick it up? Pick it up? I've never watched an episode of Selling Sunsets in my life.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 5: The whole thing is Neighbors is such like an instrumental Australian show. Like I think it's the longest running show we've ever had in Australia, and.
Speaker 1: I mean they tried to stop it but it came back. It's looks like a month and it got picked up.
Speaker 5: But to have such like a huge American star, come on, I think that's great. Bring she's huge, mate, selling sunset is huge.
Speaker 3: She's a real estate agent.
Speaker 5: No, she's a reality TV star that sells real estate on reality TV.
Speaker 4: They're beautiful.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't feel passionate about it, but I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: Was she was on Days of Our Lives all my children. She'll be playing the character Yas Shields, who's a glamorous and successful business woman in pursuit of an exciting new opportunity.
Speaker 1: Is also with our very own g flip like she's Aussie now no I know, but usually people leave Neighbors to go to the States to like expand their career. They don't normally leave the States to come to neighbors estate career.
Speaker 2: And also where is the budget coming from out of neighbors all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: I don't know. They've got some backing. It's probably how they came back.
Speaker 3: All right. Moving on, pick up put down?
Speaker 2: Strict dress codes for guests at weddings.
Speaker 4: Pick it up, put it down? Okay.
Speaker 1: I say pick it up only because I did see this article going viral over the weekend and it was around correct me if I'm wrong. There was a couple who had a very specific dress code. They wanted all of their guests to wear black to their wedding.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I think if it's your wedding and you have something that's specific that you want, it's okay to ask for it. If people don't want to do it, don't come to the wedding. It's an opt in situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't care.
Speaker 2: If you've got a costume party, everyone has to be an animal like the costume party.
Speaker 3: Costume party, wear an animal, don't vie.
Speaker 5: Let people wear what they want to wear to your wedding. You can have a dress code. I believe in dress codes. I don't believe in a strict dress code where this is it you come in this or you don't bother come in. Then you're wanting people to come to your wedding for the wrong reason. And you shouldn't have to force people to go on by an outfit for your wedding because wedding's cost enough.
Speaker 1: If I think most people have something in their wardrobe that's black, it's not like they're like, come in future pink.
Speaker 4: No, let people leave, just get married. Focus on your husband or your wife.
Speaker 3: People we did you were a Laura's wear. You're in bright orange. Weren't you yellow? Yeah? I was in a cream suit and you were.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, everyone shocked across the nation.
Speaker 3: You really you really made it about you that day.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I I don't know. I'd say fluoral yellow is pretty show stopping at someone's wet anyway.
Speaker 3: At that one and a half year old stature, how long you've been sitting on that.
Speaker 4: You looked amazing. I wasn't even a sturb but I mean it was pretty just a yellow tread. It actually went up to my chin.
Speaker 5: It covered my dying neck and had her neck strap, but it went up to my chin.
Speaker 3: Went up to the chin, and then I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I honestly can't remember it. Just cut wholes of my nipples out, big deal. Yeah they looked great, they looked really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Anyways, finally showering in the morning and not showering at night.
Speaker 3: Pick up, put down, put it down, pick it up. Dozens of Australians admitted that they shower at night. Only me.
Speaker 1: I hate showering at night, barely do that. That makes me shower at nighttime against my will. He will only cuddle me if I have showered at night time.
Speaker 4: Also, and if I want to.
Speaker 1: Go straight to sleep, I'll just go straight to bed. No shower, wash my face, wash my feet in the bed.
Speaker 3: I get. Why don't you tell the people what you do with the sink with your feet?
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes because you don't want to put your feet in the shower because then everything gets wet. But if you really need to wash your feet before going to bed, you just put your foot in the sink and just give your foot a wash and then get into bed.
Speaker 4: That's why every day she gets to work, she goes, does anyone have jerda? And I smell? Yeah, you smell because you don't shower.
Speaker 1: I have a shower every single morning.
Speaker 4: The problem if you're showering still smell.
Speaker 3: You need to get some squarehouse and you need to get some high quality.
Speaker 4: Always so mean to each other. We do love each other. Oh no, I think I'm pro shower. I will never get to a bed with our shower. I'll shower sometimes feet day.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny. You've got the fuggly yellow dress you stick I do. I do really like.
Speaker 1: That Australians are all saying that this is a thing because I you know, I often get ostracized on this show for not liking a nighttime shower.
Speaker 4: But I'm appreciating that other people are in the same boat as me. Why Australia gets a bad rap because we think, all right, well, look coming up. I have a question for you all.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's okay to out your cheating spouse on TikTok because there is I mean, there's a trend happening at the moment, and I have some feelings about it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Mitch, you're usually the one on this show who brings the TikTok trends because you're on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Jens, I'm young, I'm you for you, You're on the cusp.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've spoken about that.
Speaker 1: I'm not on TikTok, but I do enjoy a little bit of a like a lurk, Like I like sitting. I like being on there and seeing what people are doing, but I don't post.
Speaker 2: Actually, Laura is one of those people that goes, did you see this trend? It's called the Harlem shape? Because she's on reels on Instagram and she gets it three years later.
Speaker 4: That's me. I don't even look on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Laura's like, do you want to do the ice bucket challenge this morning? Guys?
Speaker 4: Is anyone play king?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 4: I'm all about it?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: No, maybe this isn't a new thing, but it's something that I came across on the weekend, and I was really shocked by how prolific it is, because like, as I was flicking, it was like I was seeing more and more people who are doing this certain type of trend. Now I'm not entirely sure if it's a trend, but I wanted to get your take on this. So recently, you guys might have seen there was a TikTok creator. Her name was Resa Tisa and she did the MEI real name Reesa Tisa. I think it's her TikTok name. She did a mini series and it was called Who the F Did I Marry? Oh, the whole world was across this, Britt, you showed me this.
Speaker 3: This was massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this had thirty seven million views across several videos. I think like thirty eight now. Oh, I'm sure it's going up anyways, listened here.
Speaker 3: It's going up by millions.
Speaker 4: The list I have a listen to this.
Speaker 6: Here is part one of who the SI Did I'm marrying? So I met my ex husband around March fourth of twenty twenty. We met on Facebook dating site and we also matched on Hinge. By the way, you will notice in this story I called it the United Nations of Red Flags. It is so many red flags that I mean, you would have thought I was color blind because I ignored all of them.
Speaker 3: I gots it now hit fifty million since we played that audio clip.
Speaker 4: Just give you live updates. That's how I roll here. Okay, So the reason why Tisa Resa went so viral.
Speaker 3: An hour ago, now it's Tissa reason.
Speaker 1: Tisasa is the reason why it went viral is because she was outing her cheating husband. Now this is set a precedent across TikTok where it seems like more people are using the platform to talk about and to share, like quite controversial stories about how their partners have.
Speaker 4: Cheated on them.
Speaker 1: They're gaining huge engagement for it, and they're creating little mini series. Now, my question to you guys is, and we've all, unfortunately all three of us have been in situations in past relationships where we've been cheated on? Do you think it is okay to use your social media platform to out your cheating partner.
Speaker 4: It's a tough one.
Speaker 5: I mean I never ever have, and I obviously have, I guess one of the biggest platforms. Not to sound the like say that in a big headed way, but like we had our podcast Laura, which has a lot of listeners.
Speaker 4: Million, millions and millions.
Speaker 5: Then we have a national radio show, like I could annihilate someone, And I had someone that had like a double life, cheated on me for years and I never ever outed that person, and I did start the podcast based off that. Actually my podcast success is based off the fact that he cheated on me. But I never outed in my name, occupation, any other details, and I think that's for me.
Speaker 4: I don't I.
Speaker 5: Don't see the point. I think some things are better left for you to deal with and move.
Speaker 4: On, like something sur private, but also like from that's the kind of.
Speaker 5: Person that I am right like, even though they've done the wrong thing by me, I don't get off on bringing someone else down and doing this huge pylon because what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: People are gonna go and hate on that person. Like, what's the point for me?
Speaker 5: I find it better and more healing to forget about it, move on myself, and not drag it on for myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think though, you've got to look long term, because my issue with it is imagine you post these tiktoks right that you're watching and then getting millions of views, and then a year passes, enter a new relationship, you're dating someone that you really like, and then they go, oh, I'm gonna do a little little search on this person and I'm dating and then all of a sudden, yeah, they stalk you. They scroll back and they see you out in a cheating X talking bad about an X. To me, if that was me and I was with someone new, major red fist, because.
Speaker 4: Then you're like, oh, are they going to do that to me when I cheat on them?
Speaker 3: No, that's that's not what I mean. Vindictive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't, It doesn't yuck.
Speaker 1: But also I agree with you Brick completely, like I don't want to be that person. But also there's a part of me that kind of goes well for so long if people have been cheated on and there's no retribution, like you don't, No one wins in that situation. You get cheated on, you have to move forward and you have to just get over it.
Speaker 4: And I feel like some of these.
Speaker 1: TikTok creators they're kind of getting their own revenge in doing this, and also by getting their revenge, they also getting huge platforms off the back of it. So it's kind of I think it's an interesting tactic and it is kind of changing the way we talk about cheating a little bit.
Speaker 5: But in terms of like quote get away with it, what I did was make sure that everyone that mattered in our lives knew, like they knew the reason. His people knew the reason, his like work colleagues and his family and everyone knew what he did. And everyone in my family knew, but I don't need one hundred thousand strangers to know.
Speaker 4: That does nothing for me.
Speaker 3: You know what I did?
Speaker 2: I when I found out that I was being cheated on, I went through and found all their instagrams. There's a bunch of them, and I sent them all an individual voice note, Oh my god, match and then block them, every single one except radio presenter. I wanted them to know the voice because they might not know don't have the followings of Brittany Hockley so much. I know their voice from the Big Gun, so I genuinely sent them more voice notes and then block them all.
Speaker 5: You makes the same thing, right, You're letting them know that you know, and then you're cutting them from your lives.
Speaker 3: And that's just that makes me feel good. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I find it a really interesting space, and I do think. You know, we live in a world now where people share everything online, and we share so much about personal lives, and this is just a whole new added layer that people are exposing on their tiktoks, and it does beg the question.
Speaker 4: When do we keep anything for ourselves?
Speaker 3: It's for followers, we don't, yeh Refatifa if you want to follow them on a boat Beefer.
Speaker 2: Hey, last week on the show, if you missed it, Laura, you were telling this, I mean, it's very creepy.
Speaker 4: Do we need to bring it back up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Britain, I were talking, we want to bring it back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: If you missed it, this is what Laura had to say now that we're going to play it.
Speaker 1: So yesterday, we're on a photo shoot and I get to be the creative director of these shoots and the model comes in and she's usually really animated, but she was a bit flat, and I was like, you know, we all have these days. So we get in there and we've done a few different looks and a few different shots, and I was like, oh gosh, she's just not We're not quite there. She's not quite getting it. So I was like, okay, you know what I'll do. I'll call out different expressions for her to do. So I was like, okay, honey, imagine that your gorgeous boyfriend is about to propose and you know, but you're trying to keep the secret great and then she burst out crying. He had broken up with her the day before. I feel like I need to defend myself. I didn't know. I didn't intentionally set out to make a model cry as she reached out to since and said, all good, we're back together. I do think that they've gotten back together. But I did royally well.
Speaker 3: I had a friend.
Speaker 2: I saw a friend for lunch this weekend and they're like, I heard you on the pick up the other day, and it reminded me My mum owns a cafe. They have this cafe family business right, and it was like gets flat out on weekends. So they had this big line of customers like lining up to go into the cafe. And you know how when you got to get food in today's day and age you line up, there's kind of like to the side of the cash register there's all the Uber Eats bags. Oh yea uber its drivers can run up, grab the food, get back on their bike and deliver it. So they're serving in peak hour. This man like cuts to the front of the line and goes right at the front and goes, hi, how I interce it good?
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: It gives the Uber food to him to take back to his moped and he goes, no, I'm a customer to buy some food.
Speaker 4: I feel like that happens all the time.
Speaker 3: She just thought he was an Uber Eats driver based on his demeanor.
Speaker 5: Someone got in my car before thinking I was an Uber driver, just open the car, got in.
Speaker 1: But look, I wouldn't get in a car and get in your lovely car and be like, oh, this is an Uber I think that person might have had a few.
Speaker 5: No, do you know My friend was telling me this last night. Literally just thought about it right now.
Speaker 4: I have a friend that.
Speaker 5: Work that owns a business and he's in a relationship with a woman also that he employees, so she was already working there then they've gone to a relationship. But they were like, we just want to keep this private because you know, you're my employee and I don't think it's right, so let's just keep it very professional at work.
Speaker 4: We can date on the outside.
Speaker 5: But because no one knows what happened is one of the other staff members was bitching to her about the boss and as her partner, and she couldn't say anything, so she had to let it happened that she went and told him.
Speaker 4: And now there's all these like reprimanding as wild that happens to me.
Speaker 2: When I get in ubers in like they don't have this radio station on it, and they go, I hate that radio station.
Speaker 3: I gest You've got no idea.
Speaker 4: No one ever says they hate this radio. Do you know what my mom said once? I just remembered, did you have pills or something?
Speaker 6: I have? It?
Speaker 4: Just things just hit me.
Speaker 5: My mom one time, she always puts her foot in it. But she works in a retail store, and this lady came in that only had one Oh, I don't know how she lost it, she'd ask, but my mum was talking to her about a sale that was on and the lady had said to her.
Speaker 4: Oh, so how much does it come down to?
Speaker 5: And my mom was like, oh, I think it's only fifteen dollars off and she's like. The lady's like, oh, that's not very much. Mum's like, well, it's better than a poking eye with a blunt stick. That's what my mum said to the.
Speaker 3: Lady with one eye.
Speaker 4: One eye, she could have lost it with a blunt stick.
Speaker 1: Who knows these sorts of things, though, Like this whole concept of putting your foot in it, everybody has had a situation where they put their.
Speaker 3: Foot in it.
Speaker 1: We had so many people come through on the pickup on our socials, writing in their stories, and we had calls in the day as well. I even had a friend who handed someone who was homeless some money, only to find out that they weren't homeless.
Speaker 4: She was like, here, get yourself some lunch, and the person was like, why.
Speaker 3: What kind of fashion is really in? The grunge law?
Speaker 4: Not funny?
Speaker 3: All right, Mattie? Hello? When did you put your footnote?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 7: I put my foot in it at my sister's baby shower.
Speaker 4: Oh what'd you do?
Speaker 7: We were writing down name suggestions like the ones from A to Z and someone called out a name and I went, oh, poor kids, And then the lady next to me said, that's my son's name.
Speaker 4: I need to know what was the name?
Speaker 7: His name was Wally?
Speaker 4: Like where's Wally?
Speaker 7: Where's Wally?
Speaker 1: Is a very cute little kid name, But I feel like a grown man being called Wally's a bit much.
Speaker 5: I'd probably say the same thing, you know, because in my head I'd be like, the likelihood of anyone in this room having a kid called Wally.
Speaker 4: Is very small.
Speaker 3: I'd take the gamble too.
Speaker 4: How do you get out of that? When you were like when she said, that's my kid's name.
Speaker 7: Well, the worst part is like I knew her previously, so I know her kids' names. And I still went ahead and said, oh yeah, I forgot, like it suits.
Speaker 4: Him so well, like I forgot, it's still terrible.
Speaker 2: If you name one of your kids Wally Laura, i'd be because you are those old timey names.
Speaker 4: Well, I think is cute. I don't mind.
Speaker 1: I don't hate Wally, but I would feel weird calling like a forty year old man, Wally.
Speaker 3: Your surname is Johnson's Wally Johnson.
Speaker 4: My last name is Burn, So Wally Burn sounds like something you need a cream.
Speaker 3: For, Johnson. I want to come on for Burn. Johnson impressed to leave. On that note, We'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye, see you guys,