Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Producer Rio, Good morning, Alex Culing, Good morning, Good morning, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Hello boys.
Speaker 1: How's your day yesterday?
Speaker 5: Pats Oh not so good.
Speaker 6: I you know, I was talking on here the other day about how magnificent my chili coon can was. Oh yeah, Anyway, I thought, I'm going to make it again because a family, you know, there's so much reward when you slave away in the kitchen all day and they actually enjoy.
Speaker 5: What you cook. It gives me all the good feels, so I thought.
Speaker 2: And also, do you know what, Patsy, you know what it's like. You're busy. You got you and your husband, and you got a kid, you got a teenager. You only need you just need to recycle your greatest hits, don't you, Because it's one of the most boring things about being grown up. It's a consot light. Oh my god, what are we going to do for dinner tonight? You know, it's constant, So you just need either can you just need three to five dishes that run it like Nova run a radio station. They've only got less of them, and they've only got one great hit CD. They just keep playing it every two hours. I was this one again. They really like it chearing. Do your home meals like that? If you've got a family.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm a bit of a one trick pony. So mine is chili con cahn. So I thought I'll make it yesterday, and I do it in the slow cooker. It goes across six seven hours. It's magnificent, So.
Speaker 2: You're not really slaving in the kitchen. The slow cooker as well. Yeah, said I love that slow cooker, right, become a recent convert to it.
Speaker 1: You chuck it all and then you yay, you fix this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm coming back in it in eight hours, and this better be bloody nice.
Speaker 6: But it's like it's like when your meals at a spa. You have to treat it well. You have to every now and again. Just give it a little massage, give it a stir.
Speaker 1: You do as you stir, you do a little tasted, dunk some bread in it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: I speak to it nicely. Sangle once you do.
Speaker 2: It, rub my slow cooker like it' said, work.
Speaker 6: Your magic doing well anyway, So I thought I'd get really clever.
Speaker 5: And that's where I went wrong.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, so as I was making the tomato mix, so you put you put the mince in the big pot of the slow cooker, and then you put this, you know, you put all your herbs and spices, yaddia with your kidney beans and stuff. And I thought, oh, put it into the magic bullet and really mix it well, blend it blended up yeah, pure, Yeah, so it's all nice and mushy.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought, I would.
Speaker 2: You ever had a puret of kidney beans smoothie? It's just someone in hospital. You can't operate that jaw, or maybe it's been intubated.
Speaker 7: It's already quiet, sort of melded in a slow cooker all day.
Speaker 1: Maybe food for teenager.
Speaker 5: Anyway, you have to add just like three quarters of a cup of hot water. And that's where I went wrong because because because it was hot, because.
Speaker 6: The contents were hot in the magic bullet after they're done their mixing and stuff, I couldn't get the lid off because it created like this suction from the woof science experiment could not failed one, so I ran it under co I ran the container under cold water to try and cool it.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't work. Of course, I tried a teatowel to get it off.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't work.
Speaker 5: I had that time.
Speaker 2: About the crowbie that you've got with all the weapons of destruction in the cart boot.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I was so desperate, and the Love God wasn't at home working from home yesterday. So I knew Paul next door, he's retired, he would be home.
Speaker 2: Hey, retired, Paul, you have no job. Therefore you will work for me in the kitchen.
Speaker 6: And he's always out in his garden and he always has a chat. So anyway, I went out there and I said, Paul, can you can you help me?
Speaker 5: I can't get this lid off? And then I noticed that the baby was like, this is a trap.
Speaker 2: Didn't Ted Bundy use this ied bill sitting at bottom of a pet Goddamn it for me once?
Speaker 1: Perhaps we're spoken about this.
Speaker 5: Well, poor Paul, he's got a little bit of arthritis. Now he's getting.
Speaker 2: Shop guy with authoritis, praise this dish of death off.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Paul couldn't get it, even if he.
Speaker 7: Did get a patty it's got searing hot water inside.
Speaker 2: Like in his eyes.
Speaker 1: You were tired. You don't need those eyes. Paul soon be dead.
Speaker 6: He couldn't get it off, so I said, oh, I don't know what to do, and he said, I'm so sorry, and I said, no, that's all right.
Speaker 5: So I couldn't make the chili chunk.
Speaker 1: So what is it is?
Speaker 2: It trapped in there?
Speaker 5: So I just put it in the fridge. So it's still in the fridge.
Speaker 2: You poor things.
Speaker 1: You have to make another dinner.
Speaker 6: Maybe today. Maybe today we will chili Cong Khan. If the love God can get the lid off.
Speaker 8: It's not U can you get can you bring it in?
Speaker 2: We will try it tomorrow. Maybe a new challenge like it Scalima. We invite listeners. If you prize the lid off the Chili Cong Khn, you win a prize. It's some of the Chili Cong Cohn. You know how worried about this? The innocent person in this stories put Paul arthritis. Hope it's all right, shout out.
Speaker 4: The Paul Christian O'Connell show on podcast Now.
Speaker 2: I have one of the team who works a couple of days in the office, a couple of days from home. I have no problem with this. It's the way of the future. Guys. However, the lady who is listening right now, one of the senior team here on the show.
Speaker 1: Let's just call her SJ.
Speaker 2: She has sent me a what she must believe it's a motivational message at start today's show. I also know she's experimenting with AI. I actually believe she set up something and she is asleep in bed.
Speaker 1: Let me just read out.
Speaker 2: Has a human sent this or chat GPT just sort of ping for my phone sorts sham went. Maybe she's got some great feedback saying you're on fire today. What it says is have a great midweek show.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. I hope everything's right down there in talky. I mean that's chat GPT. Surely a human wouldn't send another human that.
Speaker 2: Who does this?
Speaker 3: Jaw?
Speaker 8: That's chatpity one point.
Speaker 2: Right, that's it like four years ago. She's got the beta max version. I know reception down in Torquay where you live, s Jay isn't great, But have great midweek show? Should I send this to the human in your contact description the host O'Connell, Yes, send back to sleep and talky bit Wow, find out guys. Put me out right now, watch out, listeners.
Speaker 1: I am on fire.
Speaker 2: Just being told to have a great midweek show and please the shareholders has got me fired up.
Speaker 1: Riho.
Speaker 2: Now, Rio's just we're thinking about what's happened yesterday, the nightmare with the chilicken compatsy and the dishes now in the fridge, unable to get it open to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: Rio's got so much of thoughts about the magic bullet use here.
Speaker 7: Yes, I was just fascinated because I've never heard of it being whizzed up in a magic But far bit from me to judge your cooking. So I looked on the internet to see if there's any chili Konkhan recipes that call for.
Speaker 2: A traditionally the magic But there's the domain of smoothies. Yes, yes, and you never had a kidney being smoothie? I mean annimal like tomto mate. What was some fine father beans in there?
Speaker 8: I couldn't find any any recipes.
Speaker 5: You get to catch up to min the Google.
Speaker 2: All knowledge ever exists. Mix.
Speaker 5: It's used to mix.
Speaker 6: Why can't you just use the magic bullet the meat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Or which part of it are you wising.
Speaker 5: It's the juice.
Speaker 6: So the tomato puree, the tomato.
Speaker 5: I just thought it.
Speaker 6: You know, it does the job of mixing. Why get out the wooden spoon and a jug.
Speaker 2: Maybe something tomorrow we can we can now, Andrews, isn't all this patsy and so actually get out the fridge. What you should do is he ti up. Oh, don't need to constrict it. It's going to tighten.
Speaker 6: How am I going to do that though, because it's got the mittal, you know, the whirly burli.
Speaker 5: I can't put in the microwave because it all.
Speaker 7: Could you put it in the hot water like a baby's bottle?
Speaker 1: Yes, gently warm it up.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a lot of faffing about.
Speaker 2: Well, at the moment, it's it's spin overnight in the fridge and you can't get it out. We're going to drill into it and then suck it out with a straw like a caprico chili con car I buy that if there was some kind of meaty, a little proteincher in the afternoon. You talk about when you around with measurements and that last week I was meant making a Nagi recipe of spaghetti bolognaise and she the recipes work was to have three quarters of a cup of red wine, and I thought, do you know what?
Speaker 1: I put in?
Speaker 2: Half a bottle of bread wine. This is so good, This is so good.
Speaker 1: I said, I should just walk.
Speaker 2: I did increase nagis miserly three quarters a cup two half a bottle white.
Speaker 1: To breathalyze myself.
Speaker 4: Later the Christian O'Connell show podcast, I.
Speaker 1: Had one of those delivering ninjas yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was in, I was in, I was in eyes on the gates, and then I suddenly got that text message we tried deliver your pastor, but u wel I was in.
Speaker 1: You didn't ring the doorbell, you drove off.
Speaker 2: You just choked that little note you want me to come and get it from the depot. Absolute pain in the backside.
Speaker 7: That one of my friends chased them down once. My friend Ollie, Oh my god, that's so great because it happened to apparently like five or six times, and he chased the guy down.
Speaker 2: Have you seen those sort of like high ass vans they drive around it. Yes, they delivery guys and it's crammed in there. You hear that door open up, even if you the back of the house is up running. Oh my god, they half a second because I think they're like targeted. Paul goes, they're on like very tight unperformance bonuses where they have to live.
Speaker 1: It's like you see that slight.
Speaker 2: You hear it slid, that slide door open right, the music's blaring, or a podcast and then that you've seen inside the back of that fan. It's I don't know how they know where everything is. Yes, yes, it's like at the modern version of a Daily Santa slavesn't they They dropped off in there? Guy last week who goes to me who's regularly dropping souff up, not for me, but for Sarah O'Connell, and he just went to me another one for Sarah, and then he goes.
Speaker 1: When will it end?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not the one paying for it, mate. I've been doing this breakfast show for at least a thousand years. All right, let's get into this week's Dead or Alive, where we ask you celebrities.
Speaker 1: Are they dead or alive? If they're alive, good news.
Speaker 2: If they passed away one full respectful wishes.
Speaker 7: I'm a celebrity you haven't thought about in all the world.
Speaker 8: Do you think come.
Speaker 4: Or live.
Speaker 2: Previously on deader Alive, Patsy smashed this last week? Can we keep the energy maybe a bit more up than last week?
Speaker 1: Patsy?
Speaker 2: When every time someone had passed away was a lot of this, Oh god, yeah they died of a broken It was yes, you know, celebrating some Mary Fisher she passed away. Actually a mom died you before.
Speaker 1: I believe she probably died of a broken home. Did that was the last one? Do you remember? Then? We went, let's play Mondo Rotney, get your way out of that one. DJ can't. She's got me. I'm tapping out choke hold? All right? So are you ready to play? What about this legend?
Speaker 9: I tell you what?
Speaker 2: Any bosses?
Speaker 8: Anyone turning up the diers of.
Speaker 1: Hawk? Bob Hawk dead alive? That's right, that's right, isn't he.
Speaker 6: Doesn't he hold the record for drinking the fastest yard glass.
Speaker 1: Sculling a yard glass? That's right?
Speaker 2: Eleven seconds? Do we think it still remains? Because no one respectsfully wants to be the guy that knocked Bob out of the would be? Would it will be disrespectful for to do that? George Foreman or dead of our father effect s he's more remembered for not the Rumble and the Jungle, one of the most incredible fights ever agacet Mhammad Ali, but the George Foreman.
Speaker 1: Machines fat, he is alive, He's alive, and were.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he's passed.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we passed away because I think we talked about it in the last two years on the show, like last year, which is screams of Katelin the producer.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's sick away who passed away.
Speaker 5: You want to throw.
Speaker 1: March this year, this year.
Speaker 2: This year, he under said he's wake, he's poor.
Speaker 1: Family tuning in right now, going wait, he's come back.
Speaker 2: Bodies, he's not out the grim Reaper in the ninth for out good.
Speaker 1: Old world heavyweight champion at forty five.
Speaker 5: I think he was the oldest one billion kids as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we had five, but I.
Speaker 5: Mean nobody had more than that passed away.
Speaker 2: Don't just make up like he's bad enough to say that he's alive and now that he's he's on the other side and he's he's fathering children.
Speaker 1: Partisicator who made these lives up.
Speaker 10: I apologized Door Foreman, he's dead. He did die much.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't he.
Speaker 1: Take it to us gently, George, because people might be churning in right now.
Speaker 5: Maybe he'd been like George Foreman Junior because all.
Speaker 1: Of his boys are called George Junior.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he interviewed him. He so he told me he's got like six seven kids. They're all boys, and he goes. I said, how do you work out who's who he is? They're all George? Yes, that way, you yelled, George, someone's coming. Let's talk at one of them, all right? So, uh No, sadly passed away, Edgie Van Hayleen, he's alive, passed away five years ago. She did sad he was only sixty five.
Speaker 1: What about blood? The other producers are struggling with this one.
Speaker 2: Clyde the yellow Labrador who played Marley in My I Don't Want You Dog.
Speaker 11: You're great dog, Marley.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew someone that could do a great impersonation of Home Wilson. He got his very unique I love him, which is a great comic character. He's a very unique way of speaking to He's fifty percent to his nose.
Speaker 7: Yeah, great dog, Marley, You're a green god.
Speaker 2: There's a heartbreak down dead alive, Clyde, It's probably it's a dog passed away.
Speaker 5: We not have those in the future. Please, no dogs only.
Speaker 1: Is good news when it comes to dogs, Okay on this show? Uh coolio? Bloody hell, we go from worse to world Coolio.
Speaker 8: It's a natural progression.
Speaker 12: He has had yeah shot, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Three years ago. Yeah yeah yeah. Paradise, paradise Dinah Ross.
Speaker 5: Oh, now this is hard.
Speaker 8: I think she has passed away.
Speaker 5: So no, she has it.
Speaker 2: She's still alive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I reckon she hadn't. I googled it. I'm sure she is still alive.
Speaker 1: News the Sport, you're on it? Oh, she is well and a live.
Speaker 2: This is a great song by the way, now you might be listening's going Christian? Surely Busi Kate and has pulled out the stops for a big ending because last week it fizzled out. Wow. What about the kid who played Elliot's This is literally what she's written. The kid who played Elliott in ET? Do you keep bother having quick Google to find out his name? The kid who played Elliot in ET? Is he dead or alive?
Speaker 1: Game?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: He's definitely alive.
Speaker 1: I think he might be gone. Oh is he no? No, he's stood on that bicycle go up in the sky.
Speaker 2: He lives on the kid who played Elliot's in et.
Speaker 1: Right on kid that played Eliot.
Speaker 2: So we get the actual name of the dog Clyde who died ten years ago, but not living the kid who's now in his fifties.
Speaker 1: Probably great work, seem great.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you busy people. You can't always call into whatever we're talking on the show. You can email whenever it suits you. Nothing we have a talk about the show ever gets left completely behind me.
Speaker 1: Call it late to the party late all right?
Speaker 2: Your emails the late la PARTI kresh and I hope you guys are well. Guys? Is everyone well?
Speaker 1: I'm well?
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: I was a pretty good aren't they? Thank you absolutely, Christian.
Speaker 2: My name is Maria and I've been in Europe and mainly Italy for the past six weeks. Lovely we missed the show. In the morning, I am in Messina. I wish you must have been in Sicily and whilst walking around it cheme across a poster for a concert.
Speaker 1: Guess who it is?
Speaker 2: Your friend's Richie air Povori. I took a photo of it and sent it to you straight away. I immediately saw them and thought of the show. They are still big in Italy and they were here in May, actually in Sint Kilda and around Australia.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this belly we goes by. I don't play this on my spots by list if you're wondering why.
Speaker 2: I just happened to be a couple of months ago in a wine shop and they were playing this song and no one did hear it was I got out Shazam held it up and then said the lady is this a song? And she was like, see they're Italian the people that own it, And I.
Speaker 1: Said, who rischi Epavori?
Speaker 2: She goes to sue people, And I said, this song is amazing. What this is to me? Instant sugar hit. It's okay. I've got no idea what they're singing about. They could hate each other, they could be having a big old domestic but like the melody gets me, man, they are as good as Abba. Yes, I'd say, I reckon rich Ebervori are better than Abba because less histronics. She might sometimes Sweden. This This feels like it could be a scene of Mayhem in a Tarantino movie. Yeah, you know, the kidder comes in. He's got his vengeance. Finally, he said to free as girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I just suddenly realized just going into the U rest of the album's coming up next.
Speaker 1: Who's this for? Oh?
Speaker 2: This is Rick from rix Wine Tours. Now this is exciting.
Speaker 1: Christian. I was listening to the show Monday.
Speaker 2: You were talking about you're planning to do a wine tour till the Mornington Peninsula.
Speaker 1: Yes, i am.
Speaker 2: I was doing some wine tens on the weekend down that way with my wife and I was thinking this would be great to do with the team.
Speaker 1: And a load of our lovely listeners.
Speaker 2: And basically, if you go out for our wine tour for a day, taking a couple of wineries and a long lunch, this is like for grown ups. It's like going to challenge chocolate factory. Yes, and so that's what we're calling it. The whiney wonk at all with me and you be.
Speaker 11: In no world do a fermentation zip the red raised the wide shareer laugh and lose than.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: Rick here from rix Wine Toss we are experts in Mornington Wine Tours and have been operating for more than six years. We would love to explore any opportunity to work with you for this. Rick, Chief EXECU Officer of Rick's Groups. His words not mine from this event. Guys, it's now been upgraded.
Speaker 1: I thought it's just a booze cruise. Tell everyone you are taking part in an event. I've got an event on this weekend.
Speaker 5: Major.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're right there, Rick hell of an name, Rick Kreamer, mister Creamer, mister Creamer. Hey, guys, let's not blow this deal on this event, ride out the water to a childish show.
Speaker 1: Come on now, it's mister Creamer to you as well. I'm worried after a day.
Speaker 2: Drinking, what's going to happen to our relationship and the listeners?
Speaker 1: Really and Richard.
Speaker 7: Creamer, I can't wait to taste the grape.
Speaker 2: Leave everybody? Well, Well, we now went back to Paul. Paula's got this email Chris and I hope it's not too late. It's never too late to email the show left behind less and I you know les, Oh yeah, lez Let's and I were about fifteen years old at high school Mordy High, on a school camp about forty five years ago. The bus not for a toilet break. We were talking in the loop. When we came out, the bus had gone. This is how it was years ago. They never did a head count.
Speaker 1: They didn't care. In fact, they were praying that they'd lose a few of.
Speaker 2: Those horrible nineteen eighties kids.
Speaker 1: Phone, you can't read them. They're gone.
Speaker 2: No would it taken it's forty five years to get back and just been able to email me?
Speaker 1: Hence why hold?
Speaker 4: I said?
Speaker 1: I hope it isn't too late. It's the world still standing.
Speaker 2: We decided to go off track cross country through the bush, Oh my goodness, with our portable tape recorder a round my listening to the ban the Eagles. After an hour of walking down a hill, we came across finally a road, only to see our bus put farther down.
Speaker 1: We raced down the hill to find everyone just have a lunch. No one had even noticed we got missing.
Speaker 2: This is how it was. We weren't there, Christian and I have an amazing name to share with you. There's always an open invitation twenty four to seven per Last year, I wasn't a boring mandatory training course at work.
Speaker 1: They are the worst.
Speaker 2: Those constant ones.
Speaker 1: We have to do.
Speaker 7: What I've seen in your emails, there's quite a few.
Speaker 1: Red angry units.
Speaker 2: I've missed many many modules the training for this course. Christian had an electrifying, an incredible name, Jack double barreled Power hyphen Shock. I hope he was doing like an OHS one I've got mamby had Walker music, I've got the Power hyphen Shock, Powerie and Shock. Christian, I have no idea this was a stage name. We've seen a stage name to do training, of course is a stage Tom all the Way in Birmingham, home of the late great Osians Born Tom. Thank you very much for listening to the podcast. All suponant the show as well. Thank you very much your emails. As always is never ever like Paula too late to email the show, but anything we talk about Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com do.
Speaker 4: Au Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's Wednesday, it's the middle of the week. Let's imagine a Wednesday. It's halftime. Are you winning or losing your week so far? We call it the midweek scores. Let us know how this week is going. So far fe you would you say you're winning or losing? Let me know text me oh four seven five three one oh four three giant l all over me. Probably smell of it today as it came into it. Guys, and I apologize. I have tried to sprits and spray, but you can't. Sometimes a stench of loser. You know, I told you we are we're moving home. We're downsizing now. My wife and I are empty nest to so in the new downsized place we're moving to at the end of the year, there's no room for me to have a even a small desk.
Speaker 1: In an office.
Speaker 2: So I'm reduced to at the moment speaking to companies that do that. You know, this big business. During COVID, a lot of people had these like pods studios, yes, and.
Speaker 1: They're called garden studios.
Speaker 2: Now a garden studio. However, because the dimensions that I've now been whittled down to by my wife, I'm not making such which is two meters by two meters.
Speaker 8: Oh no, sorry, that's not any no, no, no.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are saying anything, do you know what?
Speaker 2: I've contracted so many companies to do this, They've all most of them said, so far, we don't go down that small because you know why, we don't make cells for Guantanamo Bay. I'm looking for a garden Ganao Bay cell. Next year's the biggest year of my career. I'm going to be running a national radio show from a cell in the garden two meters by two meters. You know, I'll be doing meetings and business deals. And they'll be like, wait, you're in a small shed. You just stuck.
Speaker 1: Have you been kidnapped?
Speaker 7: Is this strictly due to the size of the house or is this because Sarah has.
Speaker 5: You're allotted space.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about this. She always she now worked going to contain me twenty seven years in marriage. She's cracked it. Now there's simply no room area over there. Oh no, no, some flowers are going to go. That's a dog's bed. Now we've allocated. They're whopping two meters two meters by two meters. I've got to get Oh I can gaze somehat. Seriously, you will not be at a house a prisoner in there, but your husband running a national radio show from a two by two meters sell.
Speaker 8: That violates the Geneva Convention.
Speaker 2: Can I hire someone as a lawyer. Have I got rights or did I sign them away at the marriage? All to twenty seven years ago? So yeah, absolute losing at the moment companies ago. Wait did we misread the emails at that time? But you don't mean two by two?
Speaker 5: I bet you still need counsel approval for it, though.
Speaker 2: I don't think even the council would care about that. What is this a dog kennel?
Speaker 1: My wife was what it was a It's a sort of garden potting shed.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even have a window. It doesn't even have a window. There's a slight sort opening through the door. Yes, yes, exactly it was a potting shed. And then my wife even said with that, she was like that roof looks a little bit high. I fall into it like an animal when man you be happy, Sarah? So yeah, just just losing life. It's gonna get weak too hot. Yeah, I'm to do about air on Alex.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: The challenge me next year isn't going to be befriending Australia. It's going to be surviving in that cell. That's even if I find a company that want to be involved in this death project, No one will take it on, Alex.
Speaker 1: How's your week go? And hopefully you're doing better?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pretty good, pretty good, started very well. But look, book weake for.
Speaker 12: Any with young children, book wake is upon us and that main stress.
Speaker 1: Not so much for me, A bit more for Bonnie though.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: She had to source some kimono's kimonos.
Speaker 2: K kimono. Come on, you're a man of the world. Where they going some shogun?
Speaker 1: But I haven't. I don't have the hard to say. I think it's kimono kimo but they're something kimonos.
Speaker 2: No, that's see, that's the bogan version. It is just a dressing gown nine only flammable dressing gown kimono.
Speaker 1: That's right. Marketplace has come to the rescue once again.
Speaker 2: Oh great, you're getting your kids. Second, and kimonas you know, some old guys get anybody who's kimonos. They came under the kimono.
Speaker 12: So they had to get into the car last night, Body and the girls and drive over to Port Melbourne and they found one for I think it was thirty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the real ones are silk, can't they? Yeah? Yes, and this one apparently just came from Japan.
Speaker 2: Was sure yeah, yeah, straight down off the docks.
Speaker 1: At Port Melbourne, straight from Japan.
Speaker 7: I actually do believe that because when I came back from my Japan trip in twenty eighteen, I thought, you know what I'll get, you know what I'll wear all the time, a traditional active Japanese kimono. So I brought a full proper silk kimona, thinking.
Speaker 2: Like a dragon, No it's a dragon scene or is played.
Speaker 7: It was a white one like a classy geisha would wear. I looked for you, lordie, but obviously never warned. Again, you just get caught up in that holiday definitely where.
Speaker 1: They go about that exactly.
Speaker 12: And the other one came from docklands, so probably were just off the boat.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure. But going as well.
Speaker 12: They've got this wonderful little book it's about traditional dress in.
Speaker 1: Japan and they love it.
Speaker 12: They read all the time, and they really desperately wanted to go dressed as these little Japanese girls dressed.
Speaker 2: What they're putting on their feet because they were those kind of like wooden clo some slides.
Speaker 1: Now we haven't got that far.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, ba cat round portmow we getting second andthongs.
Speaker 1: That's this morning's job, they're blowing a plug or something like that.
Speaker 2: I remember last year we had some great stories about book week True.
Speaker 14: Together a black crape paper witch costume, which was lovely until morning racist when it rained and all the dye ran off.
Speaker 3: In her wisdom, my mom dressed me as a bright green Winfield Green's partner cigarettes. My cousins in prip and her dad forgot it was a Drifts update, so he grabbed a babe bar, put some holes in the side, stuck it over her head and pulled her arms out where he put the holes when she went as a slabber beer.
Speaker 2: Those last two the Windfield Green Cigarettes and the VB slab of Bear the two Hall of Famer calls. If you've got any stories about outfits for well, I say about outfits in italics again quotation marks.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, fantastic news for listener, Sarah. Christian, I'm definitely I found out unpregnant after over a year doing fertility treatment. The best of yours. Congratulations, Sarah, amazing news camera and Christian, I'm winning filled up the car before I went up to two dollars a liter.
Speaker 1: Wow, Why you're driving out late at night. That the guys on.
Speaker 2: The ladder changing the money before they do it. The amounts Christian. Most garden sheds are bigger than your new home office. They're three my three? Can we just move on night?
Speaker 1: There's nothing funny about Okay, guys.
Speaker 7: I had to look on Google images for two by two ships and you can barely you can barely stand up there.
Speaker 2: It's too so by the time you fat a tiny desk in there and a chair you're going to be that door will open and hit the desk chair. You know in these photos it holds one bike. It's the footprint of a king sized bed. We've worked out cells that people have murdered people are in are bigger than my next home office.
Speaker 1: That's the context that I'm living out.
Speaker 2: And yeah, most companies don't trifle with things that small.
Speaker 1: Why would they? Why would they? Patsy? How's your week? Are you winning or losing?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 6: Definitely winning. We've had a great week. We've got some great family news yesterday. So my brother who has been fighting cancer for the last ten years, he's doing this amazing trial at Petermack Hospital.
Speaker 2: That one an amazing place.
Speaker 6: Oh, they are absolutely phenomenal and it's given him a new lease of life. And the trial has been so successful on Carl and the other twelve or thirteen participants that they're unraveling it to other patients as well, Like, it's just phenomenal, this treatment. It's out of the US anyway.
Speaker 1: So what is it is it? Is it a new kind of medication or advanced drug.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a new chemo drug and it is just phenomenal, and you know it ebbs and flows. It's like an emotional roller coaster. And he's been so stoic. He's been such an inspiration Karl, and we have you know, I have the same cancer that he still has ten years ago. But he's fight unfortunately, is continuing on. And and we did get a heads up a couple of weeks ago when he you know, he's going there every two three weeks. He can't do anything, can't barely pass wind without the team knowing, Like it's very strict.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's not fine, Love Melbourne. It's a beautiful heart, mate. We didn't need to know about the flash. He's fighting cancer, doesn't he fight his system on the radio going hey listen, he can't even shut without a warning signal at Peter mac it's not Carl again, puff Puff's Carl.
Speaker 5: It's very strict.
Speaker 6: But anyway, his last appointment a couple of weeks ago, scans didn't look so good and we were told to sort of kind of prepare ourselves because it may may not be good.
Speaker 5: When he did the follow up yesterday.
Speaker 6: So you know, when your medical experts tell you that, you take notice and you think, okay, you know, let's pick ourselves up again and get ready for what this next challenge is going to be and how we can best support him. And you know, you feel like you're a cat with nine lives and you're getting all these chances and you think, you know, is this going to be it? Anyway, Luckily it wasn't. So even the experts and specialists, his whole team couldn't believe it. He said, he hadn't even sat down in the professor's office and he said, well, guess what, it hasn't spread. And so we were just it was just the most pleasant surprise because we were.
Speaker 5: You hope for the best, but you prepare for the.
Speaker 6: Worst in those situations. Yeah, so just absolutely on top of the world. And I'm sure we all had a really heavy sleep last night, so much so that I slept through my alarm this morning.
Speaker 5: So I had such a lovely relaxing.
Speaker 2: We'd have understood if you just missed today's show. So I much love to your brother as well.
Speaker 8: Mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so really really great day.
Speaker 6: And you know, it's just he's got another chance again. So it's like he's got that freedom to choose of I said, you know, you and Cheryl, my sister in law. I said, you need to do something special this week. You need to go out for dinner and celebrate it.
Speaker 2: He needs to do in all seriences is go and treat himself a fart yeah, and.
Speaker 8: Not have to tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, enjoy it, not be a problem for the team that Peter mack a whole specious team on that, you know, just a celebratory one. Other cars you can buy.
Speaker 6: But he said, you know what, I'm just I'm just going to do exactly what I do because I've been given this gift to just have and it is you. You just enjoy all those regular you see the beauty in the regular things of life.
Speaker 2: Fame my god, you're right, I bet you.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of people listening who are going through it and family members who are going through it will relate to that where you know, just hanging a light of washing out because you can.
Speaker 5: That's what it's about. So yeah, I had a great, great day yesterday.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful story of hope as well, because you're right, there'll be a lot of people listening right now are on their own cancer treatment journey, Pansy. So stories like that, we know all the other ones, but they're also stories like your brother actually, and it's very very important to remember those as well, because that is an incredible.
Speaker 5: Living with cancer. So it's not necessarily having his life.
Speaker 6: Yes, you can live with cancer and you can lead full lives, and that's what he's doing. He's grasping every opportunity, making the most of it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I'm thrilled.
Speaker 1: Beautiful stuff, Patsy, and much love to your brother Karl.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian I went in a week I have just won the Australian New Zealand Makeup Artist of the Year twenty five. He congratulations. I was in the Herald Sunny yesterday and was referred to as a mogul.
Speaker 1: Oh, that is a great word. You know whatal you see like media mobile, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, come get much better than that a makeup mogul. Congratulations, that's great news. Some lovely messages for your brother, Carl Patsy a couple of saying Keith going Carl, which is lovely. We were talking about shabby and improvised outfits for book week. I think, you know, to defend parents. What often happens with bookwik is the kid reminds mum and dad and about seven pm. And so that's why you have these shabby outfits. It's not like they'd love to screw up your life. And twenty years later you chatting to a therapist that they made me dress as a power ranger with it's a matchbox rise. You know, it's because you let them know. I've been through that to where suddenly goes, oh, for got to tell.
Speaker 1: This book week? When is it next week? Tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow? That's where you sees so many in like bin bags.
Speaker 1: So you got around the house.
Speaker 2: Here goes do you start rummaging around Christian? When I was a kid, I did let my mum know the night before, but she actually made me an amazing set of armor for bookweek immediately from those aluminium barbecue tins and foil Oh wow, a night of the realm arise, Sir Galahad. That's from Michael. I'm curious to know if anyone else has a small office like me. It is actually sort of thing Michael Scott would be first of riches to or David Brent in the office where he got demoted. No, but he was telling himself it's actually a promotion to have a to surrender something to the greater good of the workforce, to take up less space. So we're downsize and we're moving and there's no room for me to have a desk in the in the new down science house. So I'm trying to find if someone I can get one of these garden pots garden studios for the desk in and stuff like that. The size that I was told by my wife it was three by two. She's now saying it's two by two I mapped out in the kitchen yesterday is more like.
Speaker 1: Seriously, cells are bigger.
Speaker 7: I actually have an interesting fact on that solitary confinement cells in the UK are two by three meters, which is much third bigger than yourself.
Speaker 8: In Australia, solitary confinement is.
Speaker 7: Almost three times the size of yourself, and it is actually in violation of the Geneva Convention.
Speaker 2: I need a lawyer to represent me speaking to my wife because.
Speaker 8: That has to be six square foot.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at a hire a lawyer, now, can it? Can they help me serve a ritz tonight at tea time on my wife that I need bigger? Has anyone got a tiny office either two by two or three by two?
Speaker 1: Okay? Please let me know.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, have you thought about just getting a caravan as an office? Where am I water white? So I'm dealing out the back of it? He was about the similar age to me. I believe well he just broke anna.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Here, I'll just park up a caravan and start doing business on the back of that. Actually, don't mind that idea driving around all the producers. We could go drive us off for our meetings, pull up somewhere, you know.
Speaker 1: Actually quite nice.
Speaker 8: You've wrote a lot of your book in your card.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess it's an upgrade, isn't It was in the dark days of Lockdown. Do you remember the Oh my god, remember the five k radius?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Shiver down there, good time? Oh yeah, I moved to the most Liverpool city in the world that waits suddenly under two years it was the most lockdown one in the world. Anyhow, any who's twenty twenty five guys?
Speaker 1: Is over all?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: What about this week on the show Weddings and Funeral Stories.
Speaker 11: Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate Christian O'Connell's funeral and wedding week.
Speaker 2: Are so many great stories this week on the show for weddings and funerals.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Everyone's been emailing in, like this one from Terry Roberts. My husband Pauline got married Saturday six of October nineteen ninety. Footy fans may remember this significant date. Colinwood and Essendon drew the AFL Grand Finals, so the replay got scheduled on our wedding day. Well, I think it was just happened to be. They didn't go best day to do the This is on Terry.
Speaker 1: And Paulan's wedding day.
Speaker 2: Our wedding's a three pm on my husband's family, plus a lot of our guests.
Speaker 1: Were mad Collinwood or Essendon fans.
Speaker 2: So there I was walking down the aisle with my dad, who here comes to Briane. I need to see half the guests. It was nineteen ninety with little transistor radios pressed, so there is not even watching me. And to top it off, the very first words out of the priest's mouth that the altar were welcome.
Speaker 1: Does anyone know the scurse? Ah?
Speaker 8: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Are you liking that, Patsy? We're getting a lot of Ah. It's look a little soundtrack talk about being second best at your own wedding. At least Collingwood won, so the Roberts family had something to celebrate at the reception. Why at least that you had that going for you. This comes from someone who wants to be known as Francine, wants to be known as Yeah, Christian, Please don't they use my name, please to say Francine.
Speaker 1: This is an incredible story.
Speaker 2: A few years ago I had three deaths in three months, dadd in March, other than law in April, than my aunt in May. My aunt lived in Sydney. I'm in Melbourne, but we were closed, so I flew up, stayed with my boss and all the day of the funeral, headed out the train in four black ready to meet the family. Halfway there, I checked my phone for the dress and realized I had the wrong day. I was a whole week early. Now I could have admitted this to my boss and family, but instead I rang my cards and met them for lunch. Spent a few hours killing time before heading back to my boss's place, pretending that I've been at the funeral.
Speaker 1: Y did you rub your eyes of it?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: To this day, three years later, my boss still thinks I went to the funeral.
Speaker 2: Oh, fran scene. You know why, fran scene me has got a great story.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: My grandparents were married in nineteen forty two and on the surface looked like an additional Christian marriage. Where my grand at the age of eighty eight, was diagnosed a brain cancer. She asked me to get her diary out of her underwear drawer. In the diary she had written her speech for her own funeral, and she asked me to be the one to read it.
Speaker 1: What not? Oh wow, the eulogy?
Speaker 2: I read what you could only call a list of illegal feminist vigilante activities. Could honor, including smuggling birth control into Malta. As I shared the speech, my grandfather jumped up from the pew tried to tackle me to stop it gets worse. I was immediately written out of the world and uninvited to his funeral. But so proud of her tenacity and courage, so it should be mea.
Speaker 1: These are incredible stories.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 2: I just went to go for a little walker case, stretch my legs, and I walked past the producers out there in that ballpit and I was like to see what they're up to, and I saw producer Kate. Then okay, no rio with the holiday dates for the rest of this year on one tab open right, and then in another one flight center. I mean, wow, we have another go anywhere nice?
Speaker 1: Huh where you.
Speaker 2: Up to, Barny?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: We that is a vote of note.
Speaker 2: If I can't even entertain and get the attention of the people who are paid to be entertained by me, I've got no hope for Australia next year anyhow, I.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not.
Speaker 11: One of the uds you gotta beshing me, Like, were you with Cheryl who married a hunt who works with Cheryl, who married a Hunt as well.
Speaker 1: What are the Odds?
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday Your stories of coincidence and chance thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 9: Last week, I'm one of six, my husband is one of five, and we have two Johnts, two Critis, two Linda's, two Gwinders, and two ways.
Speaker 15: Earlier this year, I bought a new car, traded in my old car, and about a week later the car went past and on this almighty stump, my mirror was whacked by the car that went past, and as I looked up, I saw that it was my Olca that I'd try to leave.
Speaker 3: I have three brothers, Peter, Greg and Shane.
Speaker 15: My ex husband was Peter, My next partner was Shane, and now I'm looking for it.
Speaker 1: Greg. I'm sorry. Click around.
Speaker 2: You do not get stories like that on any other radio show. Welcome to What are the Odds? Often copied, but never better thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Some stories to get us going. This is from Emily Christian. I bet you hear this all the time from people saying, hey, have you heard my what what are the odd stories? It's the best, but here is mine. When I moved into my house. My neighbors were John and Barbara. Fifteen years later they sold the house. When we meet the new neighbors, they too.
Speaker 1: John and Barbara.
Speaker 2: I love it, John and Babs go, But who comes in?
Speaker 1: John and Babs? I love it.
Speaker 2: Christian. I was listening to the podcast and this listen is the bit where you played the Baywatch theme tune. Later in the day, I heard a noise come from upstairs and went to investigate, and went to spare room to find where my cat Bertie had managed to turn the TV on, and he was sat there watching You guessed it?
Speaker 1: Baywatch?
Speaker 2: Oh dirty Bertie, slow motion movies?
Speaker 1: Bertie? Bad Bertie?
Speaker 16: Oh bad Bertie?
Speaker 1: Laura, what are the cats? All right?
Speaker 2: We'll take it calls next lines are open now thirteen fifty five twenty two, five minutes past day. Come morning, Welcome to The Christian o'connells Show on Gold. Kaitlin, don't forget to put those holidays quickly.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing What are the odds?
Speaker 2: Who are We look every Wednesday on the show of your stories of coincidence and chance already had an amazing story if you just tuned in what the hell were you five miutes ago? A cat that likes Baywatch? What are the odds? Annaughty dirty Birdie? All right, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Holiday Joe Kline opproducer has taken a bit of time out from booking that holiday on flight Center. Just walk past her terminal right now, saw a tab open with flight Center and neither one. Patsy with the GfK Radio holidays for the rest of twenty twenty five. Caught with your hand in the cookie jart cat, Then all right, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: You're trying to do some work very.
Speaker 10: High, because I'm always working very hard. It was actually for the show that I was. But I actually do have a water of.
Speaker 5: The odds this week.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what you got?
Speaker 4: What you okay?
Speaker 10: It's one in one point zero five million chants?
Speaker 2: Okay that you weren't just booking a holiday.
Speaker 5: It's not that okay.
Speaker 10: So we were going to a team lunch the other day, right, I had four of the members in my car with me, so I.
Speaker 2: Have like a clown car. I mean it's a small I need to for them in there by the way.
Speaker 10: It's very big under jazz Okay.
Speaker 2: Any Actually the Gaitara says that you could hit four producers in there.
Speaker 10: Producer Tina said, wow, this is quite spacious.
Speaker 5: She actually said those words.
Speaker 2: They got out that car terrified time traveling to Lauren from Back to the future. Is steam coming off the wheels. Paucy kat and goes everywhere at that subsonic speed. Now she went back in time. They arrived and it was nineteen ninety five for that place.
Speaker 10: I do not speed. So anyway, we're driving to the lunch. As we're driving past this restaurant which is absolutely beautiful in Carlton called the Carlton Wine Room. Rheo and I were discussing it and he goes, god, I haven't been there in ages, and I was like, well, I was there just last week with my friend Nikola. And the moment I said the word Nicola, she messaged me. Her name popped down on my phone. I'm not joking. Nicola messaged me. And the rarity of Nicola messaging me is very high.
Speaker 2: Have to take your word for it. I mean this, this is not great.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: Before the show today you were like, I've got one of the greatest ones. Even Rio went and we've heard a lot of this rio went market out of ten and you'd never grade your salveg Yeah, where are you not?
Speaker 1: Everything in your life is a ten?
Speaker 10: There are three over three and a half thousand restaurants in the city, and there's over three hundred and twenty one suburbs.
Speaker 5: What are the odds that, at that moment.
Speaker 1: How many Nicholas are on your phone?
Speaker 2: You got to calculate a whole other of the possibilities.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 8: I would love to hear what the listeners thought of that story. Out of ten?
Speaker 2: I think guess right now, they're all hitting a scan button. All right, thet's go to Catherine here hopeull it's an actual one. Catherine, Good morning, Good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Catherine. So what are the odds?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 14: I met my husband online and we were heading online and then he asked me, do you have any kids? How old are I? So told him I had two boys, and I told him how old and their names were Joshua and Samuel, and he stopped texting me, So me being me, After a couple of hours, I texted him back and I said to him, I said, is everything okay? You stopped texting me? And he tender, and he said, I've got two boys and their names are Joshua and Samuel.
Speaker 2: So still not reason just still not a reason to go somebody. I'm sorry, I continued.
Speaker 8: DA, it's just too much for me.
Speaker 1: You know the reason as well.
Speaker 2: I don't make it harder on both of us. The whole Joshua thing has got to me.
Speaker 14: He came back to me saying, which one of my mates put you up to this? And I said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This looked like a jackass style prank, is it?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 14: Anyway, needless will say we met up and where he's been married for seventy years. Oh wow, we want to Joshua than to Samuel's.
Speaker 1: Oh what are the odds? Love it? Katherine, thank you very much the story.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, then that's how it's done.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now we're doing what are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance. It's got a message here from one of you, Matthew McDougall, Christian producy Katean's story, So what's the amazing part?
Speaker 1: Meant to be that a friend had.
Speaker 2: Messaged her wow hashtag mind blowing dot dot dot Hi've emailed that man back, offering him a full refund on today's show, and he has thanked me for my kind of Segos replied to any of you who have heard your morning wasted with We've got Anton here. He's got a great story for us. Good morning Anton, Hi Christian, I've got a story for one of the odds.
Speaker 13: I was walking dow up the street and I need to see a GP. So I popped into a new GP and as I walked up to the desk the reception, I said to me, so, what's your name? And behind me on the TV you could hear him I'm a primary school teacher because the Chase episode that I was on was playing right there. And then as she answered the question.
Speaker 1: You are kidding me. Now, this is one of the odds.
Speaker 2: Your episode.
Speaker 13: I played it twice a year because it was a pretty thrilling episode where I'd won with half a second ago. But that can for that odds was crazy.
Speaker 2: Just as you're walking in, You're on the TV introducing yourself to Australia on the Chase.
Speaker 13: Right after she said what's your name? How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: One of the biggest One of the odd stories we've ever heard Anton.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's unbelievable, but hey, they are the odds and that's why I rung up.
Speaker 1: I like hashtag. They are the odds.
Speaker 2: Now listen, Anton, So what happened on the show? How much did you win?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 13: I answered ninety percent of all the questions in my team and we had to share twenty seven thousand dollars. So as a school teacher, I bring it up every year. And we watched the episode and the kids take tali marks and they're always like, why is the buzzer only saying and Ton and you get the smart kid turn around and go, come on, he's a teacher. He knows everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't wanted the odds that I can now use a TV program to teach kids about tally marks and making grass.
Speaker 1: Well, did you enjoy going on? It's a great show.
Speaker 13: Oh, it was awesome. It was filmed at seven point thirty in the morning, so I was slightly tired. I did what they told me. They were like, make sure you're excited, make sure you're having fun, make sure you bring the jokes. So I did and the host kept laughing, and then he turned around at the ad break and said maybe we should switch jobs. So I may have called Kevin Bacon ugly on National TV and that made him have a giggle. But hey, Gina Davis didn't marry Kevin Bacon. He married the tool guy from Independence Day, so Jeff Goldblum. So that's a pretty good question. And I'm talking way too much now. So the beast who we beat, he told me I should be quiet because every time there was a factor, I told him more than they needed. So he had a bit of equip at me and everyone had a laugh at my expense. Thanks mister beasts.
Speaker 2: You know why, it's because they may about four or five of those shows a day. It's like a that's why you're in at seven the morning. Anyone who starts ad libbing I went on the version of the UK, they almost get annoyed because you're taking up a little bit more time.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 7: That makes sense because I watch it every time I go back to Sydney.
Speaker 8: My mom loves the chase.
Speaker 7: We watch a lot of the Chase, and you can tell this one of the chases on there.
Speaker 8: The blonde woman. Yes, I don't think.
Speaker 7: Larry likes her because after every question she has some extra little beat on it and by the end of it.
Speaker 8: Larry gets pretty pussy because Larry's is.
Speaker 1: Outside waiting for seven seconds, is.
Speaker 13: Right where he belongs. We loved him there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anton, you're a great caller.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for calling him mate.
Speaker 13: Mary's good morning, Bye, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: My god, this is a great later ler party. I can't wait a week to read this out. What are the odds? Christian? I sort of in Sydney and my family came to visit. We were driving to Bondai for dinner and we stopped at some traffic lights. My brother, who loves to ask questions, ask what suburb we were in. This was an intersection which marked suburb boundaries, so I listed the four suburbs, the last of which was Bondi. My brother piped up Larry MDA lives in Bondai. After dinner, we were walking along Bondai's main drag when we noticed my brother suddenly has a massive smirk on his face. Mom and I look up to see where he's looking. Who do we see walking down the road? Larry?
Speaker 1: Emma made my brother's nights. What a grace?
Speaker 2: Whose night isn't improved by the appearance of Larry Emda.
Speaker 8: I'm actually bumping to Larry Mda.
Speaker 1: Have you wor he was?
Speaker 8: And we were at a school for debating and it was at night on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, another one of the school debate stories coming.
Speaker 7: Through and Larry MdeR donated to my ms readeth on tally.
Speaker 1: Good on it.
Speaker 12: What Yeah, I know him.
Speaker 1: He's a great man.
Speaker 2: All right, mate, Okay, well I was waiting for old showbis mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So today on in anytime, where to para tickets go and see Beatle Douce in musical five star production. Auditors screaming from all leaves, Australia, eleventh of September.
Speaker 1: We've got a pair of tickets.
Speaker 2: Today is National Snack Days, so we're looking for your snack songs. Researchers have coined a new phrase, lunch box anxiety, due to rise in the last ten years of lunch box shaming. Hey, this is around when I was a kid. Do you remember you would always fear getting out your lunch box. This was even in the eighties because other kids that had like middle class parents would always.
Speaker 1: Have way better snackage than you.
Speaker 2: You know, previous generations grew up with parents putting minimal effort. In Yep, the rise of social media and nutritional standards meant parents are reporting increasing pressure. You must have this patch. You treat your daughter to like lavoche. I mean there's so many nice snaps.
Speaker 6: She does, yes, past she doesn't like sangers, so I just do like a little plowman's lunch always.
Speaker 2: I'd love you to make an extra. I love one of your plowman's pats. Yeah, that's plowman's.
Speaker 6: Even some little mini cocktail spring onions.
Speaker 1: In My six year old Audrey loves oysters.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you take you take the kid out of Sydney roll ups.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So we're looking for your snack songs. Stairway to seven eleven.
Speaker 7: Very good silver plus twigs and shout silver.
Speaker 2: These chips don't lie. God, great name for fish and chips. Chips don't lie, tapass don't preach. So Spanish snacks they love them. Fight for your right to patta, duck and liver. Please if you must, What have you got rio snack songs?
Speaker 7: I see you driving around town and I say, budge you.
Speaker 2: No, not worth for that. We went drive around town, but we did not see Larry Ender. No, he did kill it. Bronze minus Sushio.
Speaker 1: There you go, it's back. He's at the top of the mountain. It's a gold jees It, Jesus, It's Jesu.
Speaker 8: It's Jesus.
Speaker 1: That's always it.
Speaker 8: Cheese, it's Jesus.
Speaker 1: I love it now.
Speaker 8: And finally, big chippy life and to get bye.
Speaker 1: You are all over the place where.
Speaker 8: Appreciate a goode.
Speaker 2: It's the team asylum right now. They're looking at you all as in awful. Yeah, you missed up with the three letters?
Speaker 1: All right? Snack songs? What if you've got text them?
Speaker 4: In the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian only you moved on?
Speaker 1: But what are the odds?
Speaker 2: After the Joshua story and Samuel, Remember the lady was dating a man.
Speaker 1: He also had kids. She had kids.
Speaker 2: They just start dating online. They both had two sons called Samuel and Joshua.
Speaker 1: Listen to that.
Speaker 2: A man here is dating a Joshua. He has a brother Samuel.
Speaker 16: Biblical ripples, Biblical ripples, all right, snack songs, burger, ring of fire, Silva, Why can't this be lunch?
Speaker 2: Van Haynes? That is strong? Is that very well done, Pringle ladies, all the Pringle ladies. Brushetta be home soon, O God, very good.
Speaker 1: Who's that? Aaron?
Speaker 2: Baronia, Tim Tam. I wish I was your lover, Silva. Not the Leado shuffle Dorito shuffle, Oh gone, Holy trail mix from Lauren Runs. I love sausage one jone Jet Sausage, brilliant woodun Rose love Snack, Baby, Love Snack. Wendy only the Tobler only.
Speaker 8: Oh, very good as well.
Speaker 2: Gold, these are outstanding WindMan wind beneath my wingings. Ooh silver girls just want to have Funians. That's very good, Sam Pizza, shape of you, Silva and let's hear it for the sandboys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Gold, all right?
Speaker 1: Who is off to see?
Speaker 2: Beetle two se musical erin Bruce Shetta be HOLMESI yeah, very good Aaron and Baronia. That's yours. We're back tomorrow and enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast